Old 08-24-2012, 04:33 PM   #1051
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EmBee
Stats: 262/231.4/130
WOE: VLCD hHCG
Start Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Happy, happy girl!!! I went to the gym to use the pool, but not to attend the Aqua Zumba class that I had scheduled for Fridays. Since I did the weights yesterday, I thought the class might be too much. So I went around 2:30 and swam for a full half hour in my own lane. I did the breast stroke, side strokes (left and right; normally only do the right), back stroke using arms, "back stroke" just kicking my legs, and sometimes just floated and let my arms rest. I even did the doggy paddle! Then toward the end I treaded water. I did everything I knew to do other than the Crawl. I need to buy some goggles. (I remembered the water being too warm but it was just perfect today.)

Then I went in the ladies locker room and got into the dry sauna. I was all alone in that cozy little sauna. I took the time to just thank God for everything that is happening in my life right now and to pray for myself and others. I lasted in there for about 10 minutes, all stretched-out on my beach towel. I began to perspire so I decided that was long enough.

Then I got in the shower and took advantage of their soap dispensers on the wall. There are three sections but none of them were labeled. I did the best I could to figure out which soap went where but I may not have chosen the right one to wash my hair with. (I asked the guy at the reception desk about it on my way out and he said he'd have someone label them.)

It was like I had the whole locker room to myself! There was a large box fan blowing away over where the blow dryers were located, so I towel dried myself off and stood in front of the fan. It helps me to dry off faster and to get dressed faster if I am in front of a fan, so it was perfect! Then I used their blow dryer and they are the strongest blow dryers I've ever used! Turbo charged and very nice.

Lastly, I rinsed my bathing suit in the sink and then walked back into the pool area to spin-dry the suit. In 10 seconds, it was very dry. I spoke with the guy at the desk and he's the one I had a training session scheduled with this week, but had forgotten about. He's a really nice man and I asked him if he worked on Thursdays. I will call the club and set up an appointment for this coming Thursday, which will be my next day in the weight and cardio area. (He always ends conversations with, "Have a blessed one.")

I feel so amazing. So ALIVE! So clean and so invigorated. I think doing the gym days this way will make it simple and enjoyable. I have no need to "pack a bag" and get it all done in one day. It's so nice this way.

I didn't use the hot tub but it's nice to know it's there. After owning my own tub for so many years, these types of hot tubs leave much to be desired. In the winter it will be appreciated.

So now I'm back home and I'm all clean and satisfied. Need to eat something substantial. Only ate fruit so far and had two iced coffees. Ladies, you are talking to a very blessed woman.
So very very proud of you !! And happy for you! Sounds like a great place!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2012, 04:42 PM   #1052
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Whoops! What happened?
Old 08-24-2012, 05:54 PM   #1053
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EmBee
Stats: 262/231.4/130
WOE: VLCD hHCG
Start Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Whoops! What happened?
hahahahahahahahaha
Old 08-25-2012, 01:49 AM   #1054
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BluJ
Sounds wonderful! Wish I coulda went with you!
Old 08-25-2012, 12:37 PM   #1055
Big Yapper!

Thanks, BluJ. I am supposed to be doing weights and cardio at the gym today but I went to the Fair instead. I'm already home and I'm thinking of maybe going to the gym. My weigh-in this morning sucked royally. I only weigh on Saturday mornings on this plan and I thought I lost nothing, but after the Fair I came home and logged it in. I lost a whopping 0.6 lb. Whooopdeeedooooooo!

My weight fluctuates that much and more day today even when I'm NOT trying to lose weight. I feel totally discouraged and not sure how to proceed. I don't want to do another freakin' round of hhcg, but maybe I need to get some of these lbs off of me before I attempt to do it the No S way. I'm so unhappy at this moment in time. I wish I never weighed. But if I hadn't, I would have kept eating the way I've been eating and thinking that I was losing more than I have been.

We need to get a wheelchair for my mother. She was in so much pain from her sciatica that we had to spend most of our time at the Fair sitting down. I hate to see her this way but if we had a wheelchair, at least we could have stayed longer and she could have had more fun. We played Bingo but didn't win, we watched the huge draft horses in teams, pulling loads of concrete for prizes, we walked through the poultry house and swine house and checked out the goats and cows, we saw the Marvelous Mutts perform their agility tricks, and we ate some fish and chips. They weren't nearly as good as they were last year.

I didn't stay long enough to buy a fried dough pizza (it is my S day, so it was all factored-in) so I just left it at the fish and chips. All told we were only there for about 4 hours. I asked them to stamp my program so I could go back later today if I want to go back. Like I said before, I love the fair at night the most.

I took the video camera and my digital camera and took not ONE picture. I just wasn't into it. It was way hotter than it was supposed to be but sometimes there was a lovely wind. It made me come alive! I had sweat dripping down the small of my back into my pants. My face was sweating. My sister seemed to talk incessantly. That woman can TALK. She once had a neuro-psych eval and the Dr charted that she was "loquacious." I knew exactly what he meant. That woman takes the long way around every story she tells.

So I'm home again and wondering how to handle this lack of weight loss. Clearly I have to do things differently.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:38 PM   #1056
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
Hope your having a good Saturday!
Old 08-25-2012, 12:50 PM   #1057
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

we were posting the same time! sorry your time at the fair wasn't as much fun as you wanted it to be. and it stinks your weigh in wasn't what you thought it would be. look at it this way, no gain! right?
chloe went with her dad for the night and my dd went to Pgh for the steeler game tonight with her bf. hubby is cooking out for us and the guy next door, who he feels sorry for bc he has no friends. lol
I'm taking a walk later to the dollar store so that will be my exercise for the day. since I wont have chloe in her stroller I'll have to use my cane. geeze!
well, I'll ttys!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
Old 08-25-2012, 01:07 PM   #1058
Big Yapper!

I hope Chloe is having fun with her other family. Sorry you need to use your cane for your shopping trip. Yeah, I was disappointed this morning. I was thinking I'd be out of the 90's and into the upper 80's. Not so. I can take "slow", but not a fraction of a lb in a week! I'm clearly not eating right to make this WOE work.

It's so dang frustrating! And I am so BROKE! I have to eat what I have in the house. I don't get "paid" until the 3rd of September. It's a holiday so I might get my money on Friday the 30th. Who knows. Have some re-thinking to do.
Old 08-25-2012, 01:55 PM   #1059
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/161.6/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Bummer!! Sorry you're not down more, but you do know you gain lbs when you start exercising, right? The fact that you're down, even a little bit, means you're actually down some real lbs. I hope you can go back to the fair tonight. It's fun at night I'm sure!! You might as well. Get you out of the house and enjoy a bit.

Sorry you're feeling like No "s" isn't working for you. and you like it so much!! Maybe it needs a bit more time? Are you tracking calories at all? Or carbs? Maybe a modified version of it? Sorry!! We all wish there was a magic bullet. I'm not thrilled at the idea of another hhcg round, but I do love the idea of being down 10lbs. Sigh!

Hope the rest of your weekend goes well!! Hang in there .
Old 08-25-2012, 04:45 PM   #1060
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I agree, maybe just do some "tweaking" with the no "s". I understand your frustration completely. But you like eating that way so why not just modify it to work for you? I've lost 5 lbs this month but I don't see it. Its my goal to lose 5 lbs a month. Its doable as long as I don't lose focus.
We get "paid" the same day. Remember I'm disabled also. I forgot it was a holiday, so yes we'll get our loot on Friday. LOL (at the loot) We had to tighten up a bit around here too and the groceries is where it has to happen. Might have to get the daughter to buy some things. I wish she helped out more. oh wellll.....
Chloe was in kinda of a slump before she left. We had never seen her like that. But when her dad came and she realized she was going "bye byes" she cheered right up! She loves going somewhere. I don't look forward to winter at all.
I'm watching the steeler game. I didnt tell you the right thing earlier. My dd went with her bf somewhere to watch the game, she didnt go to NY to see it! LOL!! I can't wait til the regular games start Sept 9th.
Did you go back to the fair? Ours was last week and I haven't gone in a few yrs bc the walking just ruins everything. We have a bunch of hills to go up and down and my leg just can't take it.
My right ankle (that has been broken twice) is giving me pain. Its just been the last few days. I have bone fragments in there and the last time I broke it the ortho dr said I may have issues with it "down the road". Well, I think I'm "down the road"!
Gonna go for now since I've written a book to you! Have a good night!
Old 08-25-2012, 06:06 PM   #1061
Big Yapper!

Thanks, ladies. No, I didn't go back to the Fair. I stayed at home and fed my face. I'm going to slide off into slumber soon and put this day behind me. I think I'm going to put the scale away until the end of September/beginning of October. I can't let a damn device determine my happiness!!!!

I can't think about this dieting stuff anymore for today. I need to let it go for today and pick it back up tomorrow. Julie, I have been logging food into ****** but not daily. Frankly, I figured my calories were pretty low. I would eat one meal of high fat/high carb (aka a cheeseburger on a roll with mayo) and the other meal I'd eat would be all fruit. I didn't think it was going to hurt me any. Guess for that reasoning to work, I need to weigh once a month and be happy with a 2 lb loss.

I'm so over myself! Goodnight ladies! Sweet dreams to all of you. Chloe, have fun with your Dad. Is she staying overnight? Here's to an early pay-day! Can't come soon enough for me.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:25 PM   #1062
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Its been real quiet without Chloe here tonight. I miss her when she's gone. Yeah, she is there for the night. She stays the night everyother Saturday (getting picked up at 3) and then the other Saturdays he gets her from 12-7 pm.
So happy the Steelers won tonight! 38-7! We played Buffalo.
Getting tired now so ttyt.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:39 AM   #1063
Big Yapper!

Glad that the Steelers won, for your sake! I used to be in love with a Steeler's fan so I can relate. We had this terribly old back yard satellite dish that had to be cranked into position to pick up the games (he was ultra cheap) and one of us would do the cranking while the other person was in front of the tv yelling, "Stop there!" "Ok, keep going!" Those were the days. (... she said with a smirk.)

I have had myself a good pity party yesterday and now it's over with. I am going to do another short round of hhcg, using the pellets I have already. I will do the minimum cause that is all I can stand the thought of doing. The only situation that I have to get past during this round will be my oldest sister's birthday party (most likely at a pizza place) the weekend of Labor Day. I don't give a rat's @$$ about that. I want to get this scale moving again.

I guess I'm coming to the realization that No S isn't going to work for me. To make it work, I have to make other "conditions" and add those to the mix. Once I start doing that, I might as well just start from scratch and come up with my own diet.

Doing the gym on P2 is going to be tough but I'm going to continue doing it. I might have to back off on things just a tad in intensity but I want to keep up the "going to the gym" That's the habit I need to get into. Going is the toughest part for me.

So, that's that. I'm loading today. Just took my first dose of pellets and will begin VLCD1 tomorrow. Wish me luck! I'm going to need it.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:23 AM   #1064
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

UGH! hHCG! I still have my leftover pellets, but seriously doubt I'll use them. I just can't stand the side effects of it that happens to me. I'll lose my 5 lbs a month and know I'll keep it off.
Waiting for Chloe to come home. Idk if she's meeting my dd at church or coming here. I'm confused! LOL
Yesterday I basically ate low carb but too many calories. So today I'm cutting way back on calories.
I'll ttys!
Old 08-26-2012, 09:44 AM   #1065
Big Yapper!

If I were losing 5 lbs a month, I wouldn't be going back to hhcg. I just can't seem to lose even 2 a month! I can't do this right now. I have to get some serious mileage behind me.

This is the first time I've done a round being totally BROKE! I can't even afford to load with the things I'd normally be loading with. Maybe that'll be a good thing. I will load with what I have right now.

I just went and planned out the rest of the year, hhcg-wise. I used to always do that and it helped me to know where I'd be during which event or holiday, etc. Well, I'm going to do not just one but TWO 21-day rounds. I'll be in P3 for Thanksgiving but will most likely do a P4 day (I'll have been in P3 for two weeks by then) and then finish up with one more week of P3. Then I'll be in P4 for the rest of the big holidays.

I'll see where that gets me and then see how I want to eat to get the rest of the weight off. I doubt I'll want to do more than those two short rounds. I'm not thrilled about this, but I AM thrilled with how I felt when I had nearly daily losses on the scale. I need that right now. I just hope I have enough pellets to make it through 46 days total(loads and VLCD's.)

I'm excited. I'm in the right place mentally to do this. I felt this exact same way when I did my first round and I know I will succeed this time, just like the first time.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:45 AM   #1066
Big Yapper!

I'll be cycling between rounds, so I won't do a P4 in the middle.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:54 PM   #1067
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RileyWorm
Cheryl, good luck on your round! You can do it! That sucks about the No S - I basically follow that myself for maintenance so I can see why it would be hard to lose on that. I have that mentality of if I can have it, its allowed, so, I will eat,eat,eat (getting that under control now, but was why JUDDD also was a total bust for me too).
Did you ever hear about the job you applied for? Sorry if I missed that post....fingers still crossed!!
Old 08-26-2012, 01:57 PM   #1068
Big Yapper!

I did the No S in a very reasonable fashion. I even was eating one meal of just fruit and I still didn't lose. I guess my system is just really out of whack right now. Time to get some serious poundage off my frame and see how I'll feel.

The job is in limbo. They got a ton of responses and apparently they want to wade through all the resumes and cover letters and set up interviews with others who interest them. On top of all that, they are behind in their work and his wife who handles the office aspect of the business just had surgery on one leg and is having the same procedure on her other leg. Seems to me that if they just hired me and started my training, I could be making their lives that much easier! I told them I would be happy to help in the office, too. Any prayers for this job to come my way are still appreciated.

Really nice seeing you again, Erin! Where you been hiding out these days? What's new in our world?
Old 08-26-2012, 04:03 PM   #1069
Big Yapper!!!!

We'll be in P2 together. Will you be on protocol? Or rogue? I'm doing strict protocol again. Got good results with it my last round. Rogue rounds didn't work well, for me, and I couldn't stabilize afterwards . Are there any rogues who are losing well or have maintained their losses? Just a thought .
Old 08-26-2012, 04:44 PM   #1070
Big Yapper!

I've never done a protocol round. I would have kept it off if I had tried, so it's hard to answer your question. I'm surprised you are doing another round. Aren't you still in the 140's? How long is your round going to be? I hope it goes well for you, Julie.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:10 AM   #1071
Big Yapper!

Well, here I go! Just ate my first P2 meal and it tasted just as good as it had in the past successful rounds! I prayed and asked God to make it as good as it used to be and my prayer was answered. On all the other failed attempts to do another round, that P2 chili just tasted so nasty to me. Now it was back to the gourmet meal it used to be to me!

I took all my vitamins and will do so everyday of this round. I don't want to get malnourished. I have the farm today and there's a storm rolling in. I will get there around 3:30 and hopefully help to bring the horses back into their stalls, if they aren't already brought in. Then it will be mucking, mucking, mucking. Might have to groom them in their stalls, which is always interesting. Some don't want to stand still and it can be a challenge. But those are sometimes some of the more rewarding times with the horses because they can be themselves and you can see what they're made of.

Need to go get ready and head out the door soon. I hope everyone has a lovely Monday! BBL, ladies.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:46 PM   #1072
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

enjoy the farm! Yesterday I spent all afternoon until 12:30 am at McGee's Women Hospital in Pittsburgh with my niece/goddaughter. She was in labor and didnt have her baby girl til almost 7 am this morning. I felt awful leaving but had no choice. I had to watch Chloe today 11:30 am and needed to sleep.
What a drive that was too! I got lost not once, but 3 times!!!! Two times getting there bc of detours and mapquest didnt work for that reason! Then got lost coming home, but wasn't long til I found a way out of that city of ONE WAY STREETS!!! Geeze! I went alone but had my dd been with me it woulda been less stressful. She knows her way around that city, as I clearly do not!
Oh, she had a beautiful baby girl, 6 lbs 12 ozs and 20.25 inches long. And she was 3 wks early!
Old 08-27-2012, 05:24 PM   #1073
Big Yapper!

Congratulations on the new member of the family!! That's too bad after all that, you couldn't be there when it happened. It's so maddening getting lost and driving in unfamiliar cities. I'm fine on any highway, but when I take an exit and try to find my way, I'd never make it without my GPS. They are worth their weight in GOLD. Mapquest is great "in a pinch" but it's not always easy to get on the computer.

I'm home, I'm clean, I'm tired and I'm in my PJ's. I don't have my Restoril so I don't know how well I'll sleep tonight. That sucks because tomorrow is my first weigh-in of P2 and I don't want a bad number. I'll have to sleep late in order to be sure I get enough sleep.

I have had an easy first P2 day and I'm very happy about that. I'm hoping that is a sign that my pellets are still good. They are old!

I'm tuckered-out so I'm going to rest now. I'm glad you survived your journey to be with your neice! God bless her and her little bundle of joy.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:19 PM   #1074
Big Yapper!!!!

Good job!! VLCD1 is in the bag!! Sleep well my friend and may the whoosh fairy visit you!!
Old 08-27-2012, 07:12 PM   #1075
Big Yapper!

THANKS!!!
Old 08-28-2012, 08:35 AM   #1076
Big Yapper!

Down 4.2!!! I'm "feeling it" this new round. All the times before when I tried to do another round of hhcg, I just couldn't manage to get off the ground. But now that a year (more, actually) has passed, I am enjoying it again. And the scale is my friend after all these months of it being my foe.

Got another farm day ahead of me. I hope it doesn't rain. Second day of threatening weather is upon us. After this, I can go back to the gym. I'll take it a little easier than I had been, until I see how it affects my results on the diet plan.

Have an amazing day, ladies!!
Old 08-29-2012, 09:04 AM   #1077
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Good morning, Cheryl! I'm back in the fold, and starting VLCD 1 today, so I'm going to be right there with you! I had a wonderful summer of trips and out of town company and the biggest thing--my varicose vein surgery was finally approved and I had it last Thursday! (My leg still looks like a fat, black and blue sausage, but I"ll get there!)

Thanks for reaching out to me while I was AWOL--you are the greatest! I'll be popping in here every day now to cheer you on. But now, I'd better find my own journal and try to catch it up!

Love you, my friend.

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 08-29-2012, 09:08 AM   #1078
Big Yapper!

Zipping right along. Only posting over here cause it's my journal, but I think I'm only going to post over here if there is some action. I'm on the newest rogue hcg thread and that is sort of my new journal right now. I will always update my siggy though, so find any post of mine and you'll see how I'm doing.

Yesterday I groomed 4 horses in just about 2 hours. It was a lot! I felt like I was at a car wash and washing van after van! Horses have a lot of surface area. (I wasn't washing them, but that thought of the car wash crosses my mind sometimes.) I'm glad my two farm days are done for this week.

I was going to swim at the gym today but my body is just spent. I think it needs a rest more than it needs a work-out. So today I plan to relax and read a good book. Maybe even nap if the spirit moves me. Air conditioners are off again and the windows are open. If the skunk comes by tonight, I'll have to close them again (that thing stinks all the time!) But I'm hoping I can leave them open until Thursday night or Friday morning. That's when the storm system is making it our way and the humidity is going through the roof. It's supposed to be 90 degrees on Friday!

So I hope you are all doing well and having a fabulous week. Check in when you have time!
Old 08-29-2012, 09:10 AM   #1079
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Good morning, Cheryl! I'm back in the fold, and starting VLCD 1 today, so I'm going to be right there with you! I had a wonderful summer of trips and out of town company and the biggest thing--my varicose vein surgery was finally approved and I had it last Thursday! (My leg still looks like a fat, black and blue sausage, but I"ll get there!)

Thanks for reaching out to me while I was AWOL--you are the greatest! I'll be popping in here every day now to cheer you on. But now, I'd better find my own journal and try to catch it up!

Love you, my friend.
There you are!!! back! You're journal groupies will be thrilled to see you again. After you get caught up over there, come over to the new hcg thread I started a few days ago. Lot's of new rounds underway! Woohooo!
Old 08-29-2012, 09:28 AM   #1080
Big Yapper!!!!

Congrats Cheryl!! you're off to a flying start ! Way to go!! I hope to lose half as well!!

Hi verbqueen! Jessica, right? Good to see you. I'll be joining you guys around the 9th.
Closed Thread