Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EmBee
Stats: 262/231.4/130
WOE: VLCD hHCG
Start Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tay65 View Post
Sounds like you had a good day.
I found out this evening from my son that hes getting deployed, approx, in March. Yep, I'm upset. I knew this day would come but not so soon. Hes going to southern afghanistan. The fighting is still quite active there so I'm worried.
I dont know how I'm going to get through the next 6 months or so. :'(
Prayers for you! .... My Brother in law did a tour of duty in Iraq. Maybe things will have made drastic improvement before he goes Cheryl is right the internet is an awesome tool, and skype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
PS: I may have stumbled upon the reason for my nausea and profuse sweating when at the farm. I'm on a drug that was started a month ago. The refill is waiting for me at the drug store. I just looked up what the side effects are and some of them are down-right deadly. No wonder I've been feeling like my days are numbered! I'm not taking any more of them and will see how things go next week. I don't have to wean off, which is good. (Drug is Meloxicam and that's what they finally ordered for me to help with my hip pain.)
I hate side effects....at least you know why you are having them. I did get diagnosed with a Kidney infection with a possible stone (not definite) so I was given a shot, prescribed an antibiotic and told to take it easy. Sigh, I miss being at the gym, its funny a few years ago I would have loved a legitimate excuse to sit down....I am determined to get this knocked out quick...Not sure if I will go back on the HCG for another round though. Have a beautiful Day

Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2012, 10:30 AM   #962
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Well, I'm glad they have treated your kidney issue but too bad about having to rest. It's a key part of your recovery, so don't push that. You want to be in the best possible health when you begin your next round! Be patient. Getting it off quick isn't nearly as nice as learning to keep it off once it's gone. Do as I say, not as I do.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:45 AM   #963
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Well, I'm glad they have treated your kidney issue but too bad about having to rest. It's a key part of your recovery, so don't push that. You want to be in the best possible health when you begin your next round! Be patient. Getting it off quick isn't nearly as nice as learning to keep it off once it's gone. Do as I say, not as I do.
YES MAAM . I am hoping the fast loss isn't what caused it . Are you headed to the stables today?
Old 08-08-2012, 10:48 AM   #964
Big Yapper!

Nope! Did my two days for the week and can now "chill." Being uber lazy today. Actually, was awake all night and then slept from around 8-1pm. Still groggy but it will pass. Have a nice day.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:18 AM   #965
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Nope! Did my two days for the week and can now "chill." Being uber lazy today. Actually, was awake all night and then slept from around 8-1pm. Still groggy but it will pass. Have a nice day.
You too.... We will both enjoy laziness today...LOL
Old 08-08-2012, 12:04 PM   #966
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
I'm having a bad day. First I learn about Shawn's deployment in the spring. Then I get news of a friends son getting killed in a car accident. He was 18, just graduated. He fell asleep driving. This is all just so much to cope with.
I'll be back later. Not in the mood for "talking".
Old 08-08-2012, 02:04 PM   #967
Big Yapper!

OMG, Tammy. I will pray for all of you. If you need to talk to someone, PM me your phone number. I can call after 7pm. You said you're not in the mood to talk, but if you change your mind, I'm here for you. What a nightmare.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:13 PM   #968
Big Yapper!

As for me, I ended up going outside and watering the plants, spraying wasp nests (they seem to love the vinyl shudders alongside the windows), brought two chairs back onto the front porch, then went to my old house to meet a lady I work with at the farm on Tuesdays. She is a teacher with challenged children and young adults and she mentioned she was hoping to construct a gym for the kids. I offered to donate a few pieces of exercise equipment that I never use, that I got for free. She wanted to pick those up today at 3 so I dragged myself out the door. Now I'm feeling a bit less sluggish than I had been.

I then ordered something called an Airave from Sprint because apparently it's the only thing that will give me a reliable, strong cell phone signal throughout this house. It needs to be plugged into the modem. The modem is upstairs. I can't stand this crap. (And it will take up to 2 hours to get it started!)

I took my last dose of that awful medication I started taking a month ago. I am really slow on the uptake and I was attributing much of my symptoms to just having regained some weight and not tolerating summer. But I really think it's mostly side effects from that drug. If so, and if I was in danger of any of the really serious side effects, I'm going to lay into my Dr and rip him a new one. I could have DIED.

It even says to tell your Dr if you are taking this or that drug, cause it would make it that much more risky for you to take this Meloxicam. He knew I was on some of those drugs.

Small potatoes compared to what Tammy is going through today, so forgive my belly-aching. I'll shut up now.

Last edited by CherylB; 08-08-2012 at 02:17 PM..
Old 08-08-2012, 04:38 PM   #969
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I'm having a bad day. First I learn about Shawn's deployment in the spring. Then I get news of a friends son getting killed in a car accident. He was 18, just graduated. He fell asleep driving. This is all just so much to cope with.
I'll be back later. Not in the mood for "talking".
So sorry. My hubby and I went through that last week. A dear friend of ours was killed while sitting at a stop sign on a motorcycle. Hang in there ..
Old 08-08-2012, 04:50 PM   #970
Big Yapper!

OMG, EmBee. Too much loss for one page of any thread to handle. I'm sorry for your loss, as well. What a shame.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:22 PM   #971
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
OMG, EmBee. Too much loss for one page of any thread to handle. I'm sorry for your loss, as well. What a shame.
Its good Cheryl, despite the sadness we know he didn't feel any pain. When his mom went to see the body he was smiling a huge smile... he was caught up before impact I'm sure. Just my belief . His life was a huge witness of who he was.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:52 PM   #972
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
EmBee-tragic though that is for those left behind, but sounds like he's heaven bound!

Tay- to you!! I hope the time will go quickly and he'll remain safe. And I'll be praying for your friend's family.

Cheryl-glad you figured out what was going on. Hope once you're off the meds for a bit you'll be feeling better!
Old 08-08-2012, 07:13 PM   #973
Big Yapper!

Me too, Julie. I hope I start feeling better by leaps and bounds with each day I'm off of it. Tonight is also the last of the beer in the house. I'm going to take the rest of the year to dry-out. That's going to seriously cut down on my daily calories and make No S that much simpler to do. Going to make a clean start and focus on my well-being. True "Fitness", inside and out.

I'm in a peaceful place tonight and I know that the peace will get deeper and deeper over the days and weeks ahead.

Sleep tight, ladies. My deepest sympathies to those of you out there who have lost someone recently. I don't think it helps all that much to be confidant that they are in Heaven. If they were young, it's just a terrible thing to happen.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:53 AM   #974
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pendragginp
Quote:
My deepest sympathies to those of you out there who have lost someone recently.
THIS. My heart is out to you.

Quote:
I don't think it helps all that much to be confidant that they are in Heaven. If they were young, it's just a terrible thing to happen.
I know what you mean. Our family lost a dear dear relative in an accident when he was 21. I felt such rebellion - it didn't help when people said 'he's in a better life now'; I felt, 'but we get BOTH! We get this life here AND heaven! And young is TOO young!'

That said though, I never felt the way some people say they feel; that is, angry with God about it. In my experience God is the One who gets us through it.

Last edited by pendragginp; 08-09-2012 at 04:55 AM..
Old 08-09-2012, 10:40 AM   #975
Big Yapper!

I have a hard time when people say that when someone dies young it was God's Will. I used to believe that but now I'm not so sure. Some things must just be accidental. I mean, could everyone who die in Tsunami's and Earthquakes all have been meant to die that day or were they just in the wrong place at the wrong time? What if they decided to go to Italy instead of Japan or Thailand on vacation during that time? Would they have come to their untimely end in Italy too?

My first experience with sudden death of a young person was when I was 12. My next door neighbor who I'd know all my young life drowned one afternoon. I had seen him just the hour before he died. He wanted to stay and play with me but his other new friend talked him into going with him somewhere. I remember the last conversation I had with him and can still see him leaning into the car window (I was just leaving to go somewhere with my Mother.) He said he'd see me later. (I and my family were "uncool" and the other boy didn't want anything to do with me.) When we were driving back home from the store, we heard a siren. My Mother gasped and said, "Oh! I hope it's no one we know." I naturally jeered at her and said, "Of course not."

No, I can't believe that was God's Will. I can't believe he was meant to die that day, before he ever got a chance to live life. And although I know I will see him in the afterlife, it never helped me to live without him. In fact, I don't think there has ever been a month that has gone by all these years where I had not thought of him. His name was Stephen and I used to think that we might have become a couple if he'd lived.

But enough of that. Things are what they are. Pain happens. Loss is inevitable. And I feel sorry for those who believe in Reincarnation because I would never choose to keep coming back here to live again and again, without at least remembering where I went wrong the last time. Seems like cruel and unusual punishment if you ask me.

Speaking of loss, I woke up today to find my favorite goldfish floating at the top of his bowl. I don't know what happened. Then just a while ago, his companion croaked, too. I did nothing different yesterday when I changed their water. I change their water twice a week and they have been thriving for all this time. Last night they didn't seem hungry and I tried to coax them to eat. I sprinkled a few goldfish flakes into their bowl but it was like they were in a sleep state, just swimming around, unaware of my presence. Today they are gone. I'm really sad because it had to have been something I did.

Until I figure it out, I won't buy any new ones. RIP, my little goldfish. I'm truly sorry.

What a crappy post! Somebody please post something happy! Get us out of this theme and let us put this page of my journal behind us!

Last edited by CherylB; 08-09-2012 at 10:44 AM..
Old 08-09-2012, 10:58 AM   #976
Big Yapper!

Pressing "reset" here.

August 7 was my last day on that terrible medication I was taking for inflammation. August 8 was my last day drinking beer or any kind of booze. August 9 is the beginning of the rest of my year being sober and losing weight on No S.

I won't eat a meal just because I'm allowed to eat 3 times a day. I will eat when I'm hungry. I will save sandwiches to be on S days only, because they involve mayo and I know that mayo is slowing me down. I believe that starchy carbs aren't bad for weight loss until you add in a bunch of fat. Low fat/high carb is what got me down into the upper 150's a year ago (for all of one day.) That's something that Suzanne Somers teaches in her eating plan. Eat starches and fat separately.

So these changes should get me headed in the right direction and keep me rolling down the line. I'm going to make a prediction. I think that by September 1st, I'll be out of the 190's. By October 1st, I'll be out of the 180's and by November 1st, I'll be out of the 170's. By December 1st, I'll be near the 160 mark, if not into the 150's. I know that might take me a little longer to achieve because I will be dancing on VFT then. Things slow down when you get nearer to goal.

So where do I hope to be by January 1st? Where I haven't been since I was 36 years old. (14 years ago.) Well, it will actually be 15 years ago by the time I reach that weight range.

I am going to rejoin my favorite gym. It costs around $50/month but since I won't be drinking, I can easily make that happen. I want to do weights, swim and maybe play racquetball twice a week. The rest of my exercise will be done at home, or riding my bicycle around town. I need to pump up the tires before I attempt that. The bike will likely wait until I'm about 20 lbs lighter. (Scratch that idea. Maybe the bike will have to wait until Spring.)

The home workouts will be on the treadmill and doing the old, trusty Jane Fonda workout. I was truly transformed when I followed her workout in my early 20's. My arms never looked better. And I just bought her book on Amazon this past month. I've been reading through it and refreshing my memory. I just wish I had some leotards and tights! (Forget about those leg-warmers.)

So following all these changes that I'm implementing from this moment on, I will be at my goal weight by Spring time. And my first year in the 50's will set the tone for the remainder of my life on earth.

How's THAT for a reset post?

Last edited by CherylB; 08-09-2012 at 11:06 AM..
Old 08-09-2012, 11:10 AM   #977
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm sorry about your fish. Something that I've heard is letting the water "sit" for a time before putting your fish in. Maybe google it. You'll figure it out, or you can call a pet store and ask.
Yesterday evening I took Chloe for a stroll in town and that got my mind off of things. Just sitting in the house makes me crazy!
About the diet..... I've been doing well. BUT last night I ate horribly! I had 3 slices of pizza, 2 snack bags of chips (those little bags) AND a candy bar!!!! So I'm up 3 lbs today. I'm drinking lots of water today and sticking to "good food". The 3 lbs should be gone quickly.
I better go and light a fire under my dd's rear to get things done. She is such a procrastinator! Makes me bonkers.
Its a gorgeous day so far, but suppose to get storms later.
STEELER GAME TONIIIIIIGHT!!!!! WOO HOOOO!!!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
Old 08-09-2012, 03:38 PM   #978
Big Yapper!

I'm sorry but I need to skip over your post entirely and tell you what's going down over here. I can't get ahold of my sister and I'm in a real crisis. My relationships with my neighbors and my landlord have hit the fan.

Once again, we had a slight interruption in power supply today (a second or two) and I lost internet. Jess was home and had some friend over, so I texted her but she didn't respond. So then I texted Joe and he said he was at work but would fix it when he got home. So I wrote back and asked if he'd be so kind as to ask Jess to fix it, and that she wasn't replying to my text.

She wrote me back and said it was working. I restarted my computer and it was indeed working, but she made it sound like it was fine all along and there wasn't any problem when I contacted her. Joe then texted me again and said they were leaving tomorrow morning for their Cruise and that Linda would be handling all modem troubles while they were gone! (ETA: THAT WAS IN REFERENCE TO MY REQUEST FOR A KEY TO THEIR APARTMENT SO I COULD ACCESS THE MODEM WHEN THEY ARE AWAY.)

I just went through this with Linda on Monday and it took her three trips to get things fixed. So I texted Linda and I said that this was ridiculous. Told her that if the modem was moved downstairs, it would solve all of these problems. She wrote back and asked if I was capable of trouble-shooting it and I wrote back, "Oh course! I've had my own internet for 9 years. This is the only time I've had to share it and didn't have my own modem." "Okay. I'll call Joe."

Then all of a sudden I start getting calls from Jess and she doesn't leave a message, then a bunch of texts from Joe, etc. Things are getting nasty now. Linda writes back and says, "If there continues to be a problem, I'll just have to cancel free cable and internet as a perk." My mouth literally dropped! I wrote back and said, "If it is included in the rent, it is not a perk. I'm agast that you just said that to me."

On and on the BS goes. Jess called again and didn't leave a message. Linda called me while I was washing my hair and she too didn't leave a message. I called her back and got her voicemail. I am the only one of the three of us to leave a message. She then texted me to say she was coming out tonight to get this resolved. Joe wrote: "Then get your own internet and your own router and you won't have to worry about anything. Linda doesn't have to provide us with cable or internet. And I would appreciate it if you don't ruin the fact that she does for all of us." (That's how he wrote it.)

I replied: "It is you who is ruining what should be a peaceful coexistence, by your unwillingness to do the one thing that will solve the internet issues. I'm done." So now Linda is coming over and I feel like I'm the one causing all of this. I just think this is ABSURD!!! Why should I have to keep going through this? I have lost count of the number of times I've had to call Joe to fix something because he had the modem. He thinks that without him, I couldn't do it. I told him that for 9 years, I managed to handle it before him.

I'm almost shaking, I'm so upset. This is all so unnecessary and now I feel like this is all going to be turned around on me. I'm the trouble maker. I'm the problem. I'm ruining things and our "perks" are going to go away.

I need to calm down and pray. BBL.

Last edited by CherylB; 08-09-2012 at 03:43 PM..
Old 08-09-2012, 05:51 PM   #979
Big Yapper!

Linda came. She said she talked to the cable company. They are coming out on Saturday around 11 am to check the wires for the cable from the street to the house. She said that might be the problem. I told her that if that were repaired and we lost power, we'd still need to reset the modem. I asked if she was going to bring it downstairs. "Joe has to reconfigure everything in order to do that and he's leaving for their cruise tomorrow morning" and basically the answer was: As a total last resort. "My son is an IT guy and he said it makes no difference where the modem is in the house, just where the router is. I lived here for 18 years and never had problems with the internet. I could surf the internet in the back yard and I know Jess does that even now." I said that there are many fewer walls between the modem/router for them than there is for me, and that might be why. She doesn't agree and can't see how that would matter. I asked her if the modem was upstairs those years she lived here. She thought about it and said "no." Then I said that is my point.

I said that if the modem stays upstairs and we have momentary interruptions in power (like today) and the modem needs to be reset, I'll still be in the very same position that I'm in now. I brought up the key in the shed and that I asked Joe to place a key to his place in the shed, too. Linda said that key was there for my sake and for her sake, not for Joe and Jess, but then as we talked further it was clearly there for Joe and Jess during the times when the apartment was uninhabited. "Jess is a very private person and she doesn't feel comfortable with that." I told her that I was too, but it felt like they simply didn't trust me.

Round and round we went, but over-all it went well. The prayers and meditation helped. I assured her that I wasn't trying to cause trouble, but that it is incredibly frustrating to me when something happens many times over and I can't fix it so it won't happen again. She seemed to understand and she said that she had no idea that the problems had been going on from the beginning. She said Joe told her that my office computer was very old and that's why I was having so much trouble getting a strong enough signal in the office. I told her that was never an issue at the other house and I had been using it all the time right up until I moved.

I will be here at 11am on Saturday to see what transpires when the cable guy comes. She is worried that the cable dude will discover that the "whole house is wired." I thought she was presenting this place as being a one-family home. I told her I didn't want her to be hit with fines, to be found-out, I just wanted to resolve the problem and be able to not have to bug Joe, Jess or Linda all the time with every little internet problem.

Jess disappeared and was not here when Linda came. She seemed surprised about that. Linda also said that after Saturday, she is going away on a trip. I asked when Joe and Jess would be back from their cruise and she said Monday or Tuesday. Here we go again. Looking forward to the next power outage. I hate this. I hate this. I hate this.

Last edited by CherylB; 08-09-2012 at 06:02 PM..
Old 08-09-2012, 07:22 PM   #980
Big Yapper!

Quote:
I'm sorry about your fish. Something that I've heard is letting the water "sit" for a time before putting your fish in. Maybe google it. You'll figure it out, or you can call a pet store and ask.
Yesterday evening I took Chloe for a stroll in town and that got my mind off of things. Just sitting in the house makes me crazy!
About the diet..... I've been doing well. BUT last night I ate horribly! I had 3 slices of pizza, 2 snack bags of chips (those little bags) AND a candy bar!!!! So I'm up 3 lbs today. I'm drinking lots of water today and sticking to "good food". The 3 lbs should be gone quickly.
I better go and light a fire under my dd's rear to get things done. She is such a procrastinator! Makes me bonkers.
Its a gorgeous day so far, but suppose to get storms later.
STEELER GAME TONIIIIIIGHT!!!!! WOO HOOOO!!!
Okay. Now I can think again. I googled sudden goldfish death and read a number of causes. If you have a water softener you aren't supposed to use that water, you need to keep from shocking them with temperature extremes, and there is one other thing that sounds plausible. It says that sometime after a hard rain, the municipal water supply will get contaminants in it from all the run-off and that could possibly be what happened. We had that terrible storm last weekend and this was the first time I changed their water since then. Whatever was the cause, I feel really badly about it and every time I walk by where they used to be, it hurts all over again.

I'm glad you got out with Chloe and took a walk. It does feel good to get out of the house if you are going through something like that. I hope your Steelers won tonight. I have no clue. Been too dang caught up in my own dramas.

Sorry you ate so terribly last night, but don't think I would have done any better under your circumstances. Hopefully tomorrow you'll have a much better scale day. If not, it might take two days of behaving yourself, or maybe a CD. You're still P3'ing, right? I forgot.

May we all have a peaceful night's sleep tonight. I thank God for hearing my prayer for help and for giving me the words to meditate on, which I spoke aloud, over and over again: Amicable resolution. I tried to relax, breathe and really believe that an amicable resolution would come as a result of all of this. It was my mantra tonight.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:28 AM   #981
Big Yapper!

I'm talking to myself here (or so it seems) but I wanted to say, same "stuff", different day. The storm that is approaching is a nor'easter so it will be pounding on us all day. Poor dog never got a chance to eat or go potty and now she's too afraid to. Hope she doesn't have an accident.

So no doubt the power will be lost again and the internet will go down again and I will be doing the best I can with my blackberry until the landlady comes around to fix it. Tired of hearing myself vent about it and surely you are too. Just wanted you to know what was up if I suddenly vanish from the board.

Love and hugs to all. I heard the Redskins won last night and I'm assuming they were playing the Steelers, so my sympathies go out to Tammy and all of you who may have been rooting for the Steelers. I'm sure they did their best. No one ever really loses when they give their best, do they?
Old 08-10-2012, 12:09 PM   #982
Big Yapper!

I just applied for a job as a veterinary technician in a nearby town! Part time gig. They are willing to train the right individual. They wanted a resume and cover letter so I updated the resume and constructed a cover letter and just sent it off via email. Please pray for me that I get this job!!!!!!
Old 08-10-2012, 05:57 PM   #983
Big Yapper!

Hello?
Old 08-10-2012, 07:50 PM   #984
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello! I didnt have time to "talk" to ya today. All I could do was play the games quickly and thats it. I had chloe today and did some visiting with my friend.
Thats terrible how things unfolded with your landlord and neighbor. If I were the landlord though I dont think its a good idea to have the internet included. Thats a lit fuse, so to speak. Its causing friction between all of you and is it worth it?
We've been getting storms passing through since yesterday and getting more tonight and tomorrow. But it sure is nice outside now. Just 73* tomorrow! Yayyyy!!!!
Chloe has a little basketball hoop now and she "dunks"! She says "dunk" and throws the little ball through the hoop! Its so funny and we clap for her and she laughs and claps too.
I hope that internet holds up while everyone is vacationing. Keep your fingers crossed.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:39 PM   #985
Big Yapper!

How cute! Go, Chloe!

The problem is that my rent is high. I told myself I wouldn't consider a rent this high unless it included heat. When she said it included internet and cable, I was happy to at least get those. I can't afford my own cable/internet if she goes back on the deal. It's in the dang lease. It has to mean something, right? It's a contract.

If she dropped the rent, then I'd gladly buy my own stuff. But I don't see that happening. Tired of the whole mess. Enough said.

If I land this vet tech job, all will work out. Night, ladies.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:41 PM   #986
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RileyWorm
Lurking here and praying you get the job, Cheryl!! Sounds wonderful and a perfect match for you! HUGS
Old 08-11-2012, 09:50 AM   #987
Big Yapper!

Thank you, Erin! I hope so, too. What a wonderful opportunity that would be! I'm so tired of being poor.

The landlady came with the cable guy and he checked the outside wiring. She never needed to come into my apartment at all. Then I got a text saying, "It was the wiring all along. Should be no more problems." I replied, "I hope so. How wonderful if that were true! So, if the power is interrupted it won't need to be reset?" Dead silence. Hahahaha! Lord, let me be able to afford my own internet service!

I have been doing well on No S the past two days but last night around 3 am, I was still awake. I had done all my bedding in the washer/dryer last evening and things were taking too long to dry. The drier has a sensing feature and if it thinks something is dry, it shuts the cycle down. It kept telling my my huge comforter was dry and it was still very damp in areas. (Should have done that at the laundromat.) So I had to lay it out over the kitchen table and chairs overnight to get it to finish drying. Now I just threw one feather pillow back into the dryer cause sitting out overnight didn't do the trick. Will sleep better tonight, with the bed fully assembled.

So my confession is that around 2:30 I ate two grilled cheese sandwiches. They were so good, though. And technically it was an S day at that time. I know. Still was a rotten idea.

Cloudy here today. Doesn't look like it will be anything major. I see all these reports of severe drought in areas of the country (not sure about in other parts of the world) and I should feel grateful that we have plenty of life-giving rain.

I made a huge mistake when I joined the gym over the phone yesterday. When they said they needed to debit the first and last month's membership dues, I said I wanted them to debit one of those months this month (which is technically "free") and the other one in September. But I forgot I had my AAA membership renewal and car registration renewal that I already paid for this month. The only money I have left to buy gas, food and dog food is what I got for my birthday. Yeesh!

Another interesting thing happened late last night. I was watching a DVD that I rented from the Library. "The Blind Side." Well, it was severely scratched up and started getting hung-up in play, so I started to push the FF button but eventually it stopped FF'ing and it switched over to VCR. I would put it back to DVD but it's become non-responsive. I can't even get it to eject. Life and it's little curve balls. UGH!

Seems like all I have these days is bad news to share. I'm going to stop all that and only talk about the good things that are happening to me. I swear!

Have a lovely Saturday. Hope you can pop in and say hello at some point this weekend, ladies. It's always nice to know you're there. Nice to know how you are doing, too.

ETA: Heard from landlady. Wiring had been terrible and the guy said, "Man! You've got no signal at all back here!" So at least I have been vindicated.

Last edited by CherylB; 08-11-2012 at 09:56 AM..
Old 08-11-2012, 10:30 AM   #988
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RileyWorm
Gosh I hate technology problems...what a pain and a hassle! The grilled cheese sounds good to me, dont stress about that. and I love that movie, my bf does too but maybe only cuz it has Sandra Bullock in it. Tearjerker for me! Lol.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:46 AM   #989
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope you get the job! What animals does he/she take care of? I don't know if I could deal with the sick animals. I'd come home crying!
I like that movie too. I own it and I know I've watched it several times! LOL
Old 08-11-2012, 11:22 AM   #990
Big Yapper!

I imagine it's the typical pets, not horses or cows or goats. I don't have any idea, though. I'll copy and paste the ad I responded to so you can read about it yourself:

Veterinary Technician/Assistant

This position is unique and hands on within a fun environment. We are looking for a vet tech/asst to travel with our doctor to make housecalls in the Bristol area. Applicants should be motivated and able to work independently, have organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task. Experience is preferred but we are willing to train the right candidate. Our clients, patients, and our staff are like our extended family so we truly want someone who cares about their work and supports our service using outstanding critical thinking skills. Job tasks include, but are not limited to: animal restraint, preparation of vaccines and prescriptions, deliveries (must have a CT driver's license), sterilization/autoclaving of instruments, assist in surgery, run laboratory tests, assist in inventory control, lifting, routine cleaning and maintenance, filing, and assisting the veterinarian and practice manager as needed (including personal assisting).

We are looking for someone with a good attitude who enjoys their job and wants to work. If you are interested in this job, please send, along with your resume, a cover letter explaining to us why you want this job and why you would be a good candidate for us to seriously consider.

Doesn't it sound amazing? And the fact that I'm an RN should give me a real leg-up over the competition. I don't need health insurance and I don't even care how much it pays. I just need a little extra money to make my life easier and I want the experience.

I'd love to watch that movie, but now it's stuck in my VCR/DVD combo and I'll probably end up having to pay for it cause I can't return it to the library! I need to google how to get the dvd thing to eject when it breaks down. Grrrrr! I only got to see up to the point where she was taking him shopping for clothes.

Last edited by CherylB; 08-11-2012 at 11:24 AM..
Closed Thread