Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2012, 10:05 AM   #931
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
No a/c? OMG, Tammy. It's way too hot and sticky to subject yourself to that. Why don't they have her party at another place, like one of the other family member's homes? Or Chuck E Cheese! But she'll enjoy the dinner out this weekend with you.

Another cute pic of Chloe, I see. Why not have someone take one of you holding little miss Chloe and post that for a while. I'm forgetting what you look like. Sorry she's cutting teeth and unhappy. I would be, too. Hugs, Chloe! Someday down the road, you'll be missing those teeth so be happy you got 'em!

Going for my walk with the new lady I know through Freecycle. UNLESS a T-storm develops around 6:45. Then I'm not going and I doubt very much she'd want to go, either. We had a pretty good storm yesterday in late afternoon/early evening. Some flooding in areas. We got just enough to make the plants happy.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2012, 03:43 PM   #932
Big Yapper!

I got my package from Amazon today!! We will have sky lanterns at my party. I'm keeping it a secret from everyone. If they stay late enough for the big reveal, they will get to partake. If they are going to go home too early, I will not try to bribe them into staying later. Some things need to unfold naturally.

I also got my pack of Yahtzee cards and my used copy of the Jane Fonda Workout Book! LMAO! I used to have that book when I was around 21. I know how it worked for me back then, so I'm thinking it will get me pretty close to looking that good now. It was the best my arms have ever looked in my entire life. My arms are one of my least happy places on my body.

The Freecycle woman cancelled on our very first walk! OMG. I can't believe it. She said she heard it was going to be 79 degrees at 6:45 pm and she needed to go do some shopping. (She thought 79 was too hot.) I told her I was going to go walking anyway and to let me know if she changed her mind. She wrote back and said she'd be going shopping and will come out to walk next Thursday. "If you have time this weekend, we can walk then." I told her the weekend was booked; was half true.

Got some stuff done today but the house looks worse than when I began. I got the mud room as nice as it's ever looked, then I decided to mount a small coat rack on the wall. I anticipated that I would need some dry wall screw thingies so I got them out. I tried for almost an hour to mount this very simple device and I left in tears.

Sometimes I feel completely alone in this world and like I can't accomplish even the simplest of tasks. I feel like I'm playing the roles of both a woman and a man, and doing a piss-poor job of both. I can't explain it any better than that. I left the coat rack hanging by the one nail that actually found a stud. I closed the door and walked away.

I did manage to bathe my dog. I took her outside with a towel and some strawberry scented shampoo and put the shower head on the garden hose. She did really well and if she was being totally honest with me, she would have told me it was pleasurable. She did break and run toward the end of it but she just couldn't contain her "let's party" attitude. I got her back and finished rinsing off the shampoo. Now she's so pretty and soft and fluffy and I will apply her oily tick meds tonight so she won't be greasy for the party.

When I get things hung properly, the mud room is going to be great. I'm going to have a place to put my shoes, hang my coats, place things like hats and gloves, and a tray on the floor for muddy shoes. There's a bench in there to sit on and it's all a mud room should be! Now I just have to buy some seriously long nails cause the drywall screw things just aren't the right thing for the job.

Last edited by CherylB; 08-02-2012 at 03:44 PM..
Old 08-02-2012, 08:18 PM   #933
Big Yapper!

I got a commitment from my sister and her hubby and my mom that they will stay until 10 pm, so I spilled the beans and told my sister about the sky lanterns. Now she'll relax and enjoy the evening a bit more, knowing we will have a lovely climax. (Ooh!)

Having myself a good day. Had some lows when I was trying to accomplish something but it will get done tomorrow. I will get that bench swing hung up and then I will head down to the local hardware store and get some serious nails. I'm through messing around! That mud room is going to be my pride and joy.

Heading off to bed now, reading Jane Fonda by dim light. Took all my snoozing meds and will be out soon. Hope tomorrow finds us all happy, healthy and content. What more can we wish for?
Old 08-04-2012, 10:53 AM   #934
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzi7
Stats: 265/165 rd3p2/goal this round 140
WOE: vegetarian/organic/hHcg rogue, No-S for Life
Start Date: 5/11/12
got my home internet back today! (yeah!)

and even tho its a couple days late, I wanted to wish you a very

May this entire upcoming year be the best one yet for you!!!
Old 08-04-2012, 12:42 PM   #935
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
Hope you're having a great party!
Old 08-04-2012, 04:17 PM   #936
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: keepingcupsfull
Stats: 250/? /155
WOE: Rx Hcg pellets
Party details please. The lantern utube was incredible .

Can't wait to hear all about it.
Bee
Old 08-04-2012, 08:19 PM   #937
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzi7 View Post
got my home internet back today! (yeah!)

and even tho its a couple days late, I wanted to wish you a very

May this entire upcoming year be the best one yet for you!!!
Thank you! I stand in agreement with you on that wish! I need this to be the year I break through to the other side. It's time!!! I'm glad your internet is back up!! Yahoo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tay65 View Post
Hope you're having a great party!
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingcupsfull View Post
Party details please. The lantern utube was incredible .

Can't wait to hear all about it.
Bee
It was a nice party. I was impressed that it went so well, but it was dreadfully hot and humid. I was sopping wet, just sitting in a chair. I looked down at my hands and they were glistening with perspiration. When it's humid, there's just no evaporation and heat can't dissipate. I am really growing to hate summer!

People started trickling out little by little. The last group to leave was my sister Donna, her hubby and my Mom, who all came together. They were falling asleep and were clearly ready to get home. We didn't do the lanterns cause they just wouldn't have enjoyed them tonight, but I still have them and we'll light them up and send them off another time. Sometime very soon.

I have a ton of leftover food, though I sent what I could with those who left. I don't know what I'm going to do with all these burger and hot dog buns! I can put the meat in the freezer, but buns turn to concrete over time. If I could find a way to keep them fresh, I'll have food for the rest of the month! I wish I had a second freezer. I miss my stand-up freezer that died last winter.

I'm so tired but I wanted to get caught up on LCF. I nearly got it done, too! I have two other threads that can wait until tomorrow. I'm pooped!

Thank you ladies for thinking of me today. It means a lot to me.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:31 PM   #938
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I was here when you were posting on other threads! LOL
Glad your party went well. Too bad it was so hot. And no lanterns? Hope you can do it soon and really enjoy them.
ttys! Good night!
Old 08-04-2012, 08:46 PM   #939
Big Yapper!

Yeah, we're tracking each other down all over this board tonight!
Old 08-05-2012, 06:58 AM   #940
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EmBee
Stats: 262/231.4/130
WOE: VLCD hHCG
Start Date: May 2012
HEY! Hope your birthday was fabulous!! (party too). Been really busy and have only been posting on the one board (miss you guys over there, its really died down) ...Started into P3 this week so well see how it all goes. I was developing and "unhealthy" relationship with the hHCG and decided to take a break from it.

Have a fabulous day!!!!
Old 08-05-2012, 08:51 AM   #941
Big Yapper!

Which thread is that, EmBee? I stopped going to a few of them. I just lost interest in reading about people who were on hcg/hhcg. I don't know if I'll ever have the motivation to do that again. The weight comes off, but it comes back on just as fast! You have to really be committed, of which I am not right now.

I'm glad you decided to settle into P3 for now. You've got a very long road ahead and you need to break it up into "chapters." You need a break mentally and physically. They say that it is in P3 that the Hypothalamus gets reset. And I know you continue to lose inches in P3.

I think many develop a sort of unhealthy relationship to it, as you said. It's not a drug but it almost becomes one, the way we feel we can't lose weight without it. Dangerous ground, really.

The party was very nice. Everyone enjoyed seeing the duplex and they loved the yard. I had three picnic tables plus one small one for things like napkins, plates, etc. But all the tables ended up getting filled with food and stuff and people ended up eating in their chairs under the Juniper tree. Not how I'd pictured it. I thought we'd play Yahtzee and stuff but no one ever congregated at a table.

Looks like we're going to have a stormy day today so I need to drag myself (literally) outside to wipe off and fold up the table cloths and put them away before they get soggy. It's like 80% humidity today again. I just can't STAND humidity. It ruins everything!!!!

BBL. Love to all!!

Last edited by CherylB; 08-05-2012 at 08:52 AM..
Old 08-05-2012, 09:43 AM   #942
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

its been storming here since early this morning. The satellite keeps going out so I have Chloe's signing dvd's on for a little while then I'll put some Dora on for her. Watching chloe til 4, its my dd's turn to work today (12-4). We're suppose to get storms all day and night.
We always end up playing cards at our partys. Not so much board games.
well, gotta go! ttys!
Old 08-05-2012, 10:28 AM   #943
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EmBee
Stats: 262/231.4/130
WOE: VLCD hHCG
Start Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Which thread is that, EmBee? I stopped going to a few of them. I just lost interest in reading about people who were on hcg/hhcg. I don't know if I'll ever have the motivation to do that again. The weight comes off, but it comes back on just as fast! You have to really be committed, of which I am not right now.

I'm glad you decided to settle into P3 for now. You've got a very long road ahead and you need to break it up into "chapters." You need a break mentally and physically. They say that it is in P3 that the Hypothalamus gets reset. And I know you continue to lose inches in P3.

I think many develop a sort of unhealthy relationship to it, as you said. It's not a drug but it almost becomes one, the way we feel we can't lose weight without it. Dangerous ground, really.

The party was very nice. Everyone enjoyed seeing the duplex and they loved the yard. I had three picnic tables plus one small one for things like napkins, plates, etc. But all the tables ended up getting filled with food and stuff and people ended up eating in their chairs under the Juniper tree. Not how I'd pictured it. I thought we'd play Yahtzee and stuff but no one ever congregated at a table.

Looks like we're going to have a stormy day today so I need to drag myself (literally) outside to wipe off and fold up the table cloths and put them away before they get soggy. It's like 80% humidity today again. I just can't STAND humidity. It ruins everything!!!!

BBL. Love to all!!
Then I will visit this board so I can chat with you! I was hanging out at the Rogue board, but it has gotten pretty quiet. I hate humidity as well!!! Actually today I am enjoying some glasses of unsweetened cranberry juice (BLEH)...Kidney zone was sore, so I am doing a few preventatives first before visiting a doctor. I think it is being in a constant state of fat burning, which is another reason I am taking a mini break. I have worked so hard to be "healthy" I don't want fast weight loss to undo the healthy part of it. I was really starting to get "afraid " of not taking HCG and to me that is definitely not healthy!!! I don't like to be there, since it is sooo NOT me . I will just have to be extra dilligent at watching what goes in. Happy Sunday Cheryl!
Old 08-05-2012, 11:15 AM   #944
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tay65 View Post
its been storming here since early this morning. The satellite keeps going out so I have Chloe's signing dvd's on for a little while then I'll put some Dora on for her. Watching chloe til 4, its my dd's turn to work today (12-4). We're suppose to get storms all day and night.
We always end up playing cards at our partys. Not so much board games.
well, gotta go! ttys!
The storms just got here to us about 45 minutes ago. Just rain at first but now some thunder. Flash flood warning is in effect. I'm happy this happened today and not yesterday! I got outside a few hours ago and cleaned up the rest of the party stuff. All chairs and tables put away, all trash and recycle receptacles and coolers and bug candles etc all back where they go. Even put a sheet of plastic over the wood pile so we can enjoy the fires we have in the future. The wood was getting wet every so often and it was not getting a chance to dry back out. Especially with the humidity!

Chloe's got a good Gramma. What signs does she know now? What can she "say"?

I like playing some card games but my family seem to like the games that you play in pairs, like Set Back and some other things that I never learned how to play. Now if they would want to play Black Jack or Poker, I'm in! But we never made it around a table so games just didn't materialize. Next time I'll have people over in smaller, more intimate groups. I prefer those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmBee View Post
Then I will visit this board so I can chat with you! I was hanging out at the Rogue board, but it has gotten pretty quiet. I hate humidity as well!!! Actually today I am enjoying some glasses of unsweetened cranberry juice (BLEH)...Kidney zone was sore, so I am doing a few preventatives first before visiting a doctor. I think it is being in a constant state of fat burning, which is another reason I am taking a mini break. I have worked so hard to be "healthy" I don't want fast weight loss to undo the healthy part of it. I was really starting to get "afraid " of not taking HCG and to me that is definitely not healthy!!! I don't like to be there, since it is sooo NOT me . I will just have to be extra dilligent at watching what goes in. Happy Sunday Cheryl!
I'm sorry to hear you're in pain with that kidney stone. That's a smart thing that you are backing off of the rapid weight loss to give your system a chance to balance out. Being unhealthy is definitely not part of our weight loss plans. At least, it shouldn't be.

I've really lost focus with the No S plan and now I'm beginning again. Today I made two hot dogs in buns with mustard and sauerkraut and put some of my Mom's famous potato salad on the plate. But after eating the one dog, I knew I'd had plenty for one meal. I put a piece of plastic around it and will reheat it in the microwave later on for dinner. I'm going to be eating hot dogs and hamburgers all this month! Gotta find a way to make those rolls from turning to stone. My freezer is pretty full.

I think I'm going to get rid of some of the stuff I've got in there. I have a couple cornish game hens and although I like them, they're never as good as I think they'll be. Maybe I'll offer them to my Mom. She's by herself, like me. One hen is plenty for one person.

I'm just rambling now, so I'll go do something else for a while. Have a lovely Sunday, ladies.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:38 PM   #945
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Cheryl-glad your party went well!! Bummer on the humidity!! I don't miss that out here in AZ, but 110 even dry heat isn't ideal! Hope you enjoy the lantern launch soon!! Post pics . Keep fighting the fight!!
Old 08-05-2012, 04:46 PM   #946
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: keepingcupsfull
Stats: 250/? /155
WOE: Rx Hcg pellets
Cheryl glad to see the weather held off for your party. Well the storms anyway.

I agree that the journey needs to be broken into chapters. I find for myself that I do much better when taking baby steps. When my journey started at 250+. I broke it into 20 pounds blocks and took it slow and steady. I would do 2 rounds then my goal was to maintain for a few months. I believe that is the reason I have been able to keep it off. For the most part, because over Christmas I did gain 5pounds, but lost them right away as soon as I was focused again.

I was a bit sad to know I didnt make my goal, but I am happy and know that I can maintain this weight. So yes I am 168 pounds At 5'9" and a size 8 or 10 and this is me. When I got stuck on wanting to be 159 to 165. It was all I thought about and it was unhealthy thinking. So the only advice I can offer is baby steps because they add up to great things. My moto is one meal at a time not one day because a bad binge day can cause more damage than one bad meal.

Sunday night chores need me...be back later...Bee
Old 08-05-2012, 08:54 PM   #947
Big Yapper!

Great, sage advice, ladies. I am writing this w/ my thumbs on the dang blackberry. A Transformer blew in town from the storm around 4:20 pm. Power was lost but strangely, light bulbs were glowing very dimly. I ran around turning off + unplugging things cause I'd never experienced that before.

Just after 6 pm, power was restored but there has been no internet all these hours. Trouble is that the modem is upstairs in the other half of the house + the couple that lives there left for the weekend.

I have been back + forth with the land lady about a key, so I could let myself into their place to fix internet issues as needed. She wrote me back + said to call Joe (the guy). I texted but got no reply.

So I texted her back + she said she could come over tomorrow to check things out, but she had guests over tonight.

What broils my bacon is there is a key to my apartment hanging on a nail in the shed. If any of them need to get into my home for access to the basement (aka tornado warning) or if the underground pet fence stopped working and I was gone for days, they could get in + fix their problems.

But not me! I want this situation fixed, This Week! It's gone on long enough. And they are going away on a cruise a week from now.

I need the internet like I need water. I don't watch tv much anymore because all my entertainment is online. GRRRRR!

I wrote a text that was clearly passive-aggressive to the land lady + I at least had the sense to back-space + delete it. "You mean I need to just live w/out internet service when something happens until the neighbors come back home?" (Or something like that.)

When she wrote back that she cold come out tomorrow, I waited to respond. Then I just wrote back, "Thanks."

I don't want to piss anyone off, but what I require is only what I was promised when I signed the lease for this very pricey apartment. Turns out the cable company isn't aware this is a two-family dwelling, so that is why she's offered "free cable + internet." Hmmmmmm...

Night, y'all. Thumbs turning blue. Miss my computer!!!!!
Old 08-06-2012, 07:57 AM   #948
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Now you see why sometimes you don't hear from me. I'm on my phone! And thats why I limit personals on threads. My thumbs get tired! LOL
Hope you get things resolved and you get what you're paying for.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:26 AM   #949
Big Yapper!

I didn't realize that, Tammy! Why can't you get a second-hand laptop? It's so worth it. I went internet-less to save money a couple years back + just used my blackberry @ home. But I'd take my laptop to the Library sometimes when I really needed to do some computing. I couldn't stand it any more + I heard of a cheap DSL connection through AT+T. Not sure if they are still running that promo but it was only $15 for 6 months, then increased to $40.

Landlady came @ 11:30 + reset the modem. Then she drove off before waiting to check w/ me to see if all was well. Well, it wasn't. My laptop connects to the modem signal, but the modem isn't connecting to the dang internet. She's coming back soon to try it again. I told her she'll probably need to call the cable company while she's here so they can troubleshoot it with her.

I won't stand for this, though. I'm paying a lot for this place + very little is included. What IS included had better be reliable.

Hands going numb + need to go get ready for her return. Wish me luck + send up a prayer, please!
Old 08-06-2012, 05:39 PM   #950
Big Yapper!

I am finally back up and running! The landlady had to come out here three times today and finally she had to buy a new modem. Turns out it got fried in yesterdays storm when we had a little bit of power still trickling into the house. Now I hope it stays on!

I did the equine care thing and I was glad I went. I had some really cool moments and experiences with a few of the animals today. It makes it all worth-while. I will not miss summer when it finally leaves, though. I felt like I might puke while grooming the second horse. I didn't but it felt bad. Then when I got home, it came back and I thought I was really going to hurl.

Need to go make dinner. I'm leaning toward a pasta dish. I'm all burgered-out.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:07 PM   #951
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Cheryl, I have a notebook that is fairly new, just about a yr old. I gave up internet to save money. And then when we moved the power cord got lost. So that needs replaced. The internet on my phone is unlimited, so I'm not worried. Just would be alot easier if I had my notebook running. I took Chloe to our outlets today and bought her a couple clearanced tops at Old Navy for her. $6 a piece for summer shirts. Not too shabby! LOL They always have such cute things for her. She was wanting something to eat so I took her to the food court. Now listen to this! I went to the Italian place there and got a slice of pizza and some mac n cheese. Now I took a bite of the pizza and gave chloe some of the m & c, then I took a bite, gave her another bite then I took a bite of pizza and then more mac n cheese.....well, I started feeling realllll sick! Now I threw it all away bc I had no idea which made my stomach feel sick. It was terrible! I thought I was gonna be running to the restroom! Can you imagine me getting sick with poor chloe standing beside me!?! I just hurried and left the food court and I was ok, although my stomach hurt. So promised chloe fries and she was happy! That was a long story, sorry.
Glad you finally got your internet back. I know that drove you nuts! LOL
I'm drinking some pepto bismol and getting some rest. Tomorrow is an early morning with Chloe.
Good night!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
Old 08-06-2012, 09:11 PM   #952
Big Yapper!

Oh, sleep well, sweetie. I hope you can find a replacement cord for the notebook. Seriously check into that AT+T deal. You don't need a land-line phone, just the phone jack and a modem. They set it all up for you. It's worth every penny!

I read on the What Did you do Yesterday thread that you got a nap in. I'm glad! I hope it was a very rejuvenating sleep. Naps are sent from Heaven above.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:18 AM   #953
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pendragginp
Cheryl! I just wandered in here and found that you had had a birthday! Happiest new year of your life!
Old 08-07-2012, 07:56 AM   #954
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Glad you're back up and running!! How's the diet/weight going? That will fall into place as you find your rythym w. it . Also glad you're keeping up w/ your horses!! That's such a wonderful opportunity!!
Old 08-07-2012, 08:22 AM   #955
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ebeads
Stats: yikes/tryingmybest/ihopeihope
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart May 10,2012
I just read the most interesting article about new discoveries about Alzheimer's...they now are saying that it is caused by brain developing insulin resistance, in fact they are calling it type 3 diabetes ... so a natural cure says the article is low carb high fat diet ... the article even recommends coconut oil.

wow cool!

We can't post links here, if anyone wants the link , message me privately.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:02 AM   #956
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragginp View Post
Cheryl! I just wandered in here and found that you had had a birthday! Happiest new year of your life!
Thank you, honey! I think this year will be different from all the others. I will have been working with horses for the first full year of my life, and I am coming to some stark realizations about myself. I've spent so much of my life looking for fulfillment outside of myself, and it has made me a very disappointed and jaded woman. I need to discard that notion and find it only within myself. Then whatever happens externally will have little consequence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Glad you're back up and running!! How's the diet/weight going? That will fall into place as you find your rythym w. it . Also glad you're keeping up w/ your horses!! That's such a wonderful opportunity!!
It was miserable being without my internet! Like having my hands tied behind my back. I live on the computer when I'm at home. I watch very little tv.

I have once again gotten off track with the diet. I lose focus and start eating like I used to eat (mindlessly and randomly) and then it's all downhill from there. I have a lot of leftovers from the party. I ate all of the potato salad my Mother makes (it's killer) and my sister left behind a large container of macaroni salad. Thankfully, I didn't enjoy it and so I put most of that (plus 3/4 of a peach pie) down the garbage disposal. I gave my landlady a bag of hamburger and hot dog buns cause I'm swimming in bread and it's all going to turn to stone soon.

I have decided that when I am out of the beer I currently have, I am going to give it a rest. I can't afford to keep up with this habit and I don't want it in my life for a while. It becomes too big a part of my life and that's when I know I need to cool it. I'm not going to say I'm giving it up forever because I've been down that road before. But I need to make a clean break for a long time.

That will help my No S plans along, too. I also see that eating sandwiches as my meals is not working for me. I go through so much mayo when sandwiches are eaten on a daily basis and that thought makes me realize why it's taking so long to lose weight on this plan! I need to go back to food that doesn't require bread.

I love the horses. I know you all know that. I actually got a nibble on a job posting I put on the internet but the woman only has two horses and one is on stall-restriction post leg surgery. She said it would only take 2 hours to do the chores and she pays the usual $10/hr. But she's 31 miles away and round trip, that would cost me $14. I'd come out $6 ahead. I wrote her back and said if she found another person near her who also needed a part time barn helper, and I could work for her and the other place, then it would work out great. I hope she can find someone else. I want so much to find a job doing this kind of work. In fact, that is what I wished for when I blew out my birthday candles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebeads View Post
I just read the most interesting article about new discoveries about Alzheimer's...they now are saying that it is caused by brain developing insulin resistance, in fact they are calling it type 3 diabetes ... so a natural cure says the article is low carb high fat diet ... the article even recommends coconut oil.

wow cool!

We can't post links here, if anyone wants the link , message me privately.
That is truly amazing news. Why don't you go onto the main low carb forum and start a new thread. You can post links as long as they aren't selling anything. Go ahead and start the thread! That's wonderful news and makes me want to go back to low carb!

Got barn duty again today but it's very low humidity today and there will be a gentle breeze. I'm going into it with the old jazzed feeling I used to have, when I thought if I worked hard and made a good impression, I would get hired there. When I found out that wasn't going to happen anytime soon, that's when my outlook on the whole thing collapsed. I need and will summon it back.

Have a lovely day, ladies. Everyday, we get a brand new start. A new chance to get it right. I saw someones signature yesterday and it made an impression on me. It said, "You can't take an elevator up to success, you have to take the stairs." (Or something like that. I probably botched it.) But it's so true. Hard work is how America became America. It's the only way we can be truly successful in this world. Blood, sweat and tears.

So "Cowboy Up", people!
Old 08-07-2012, 08:26 PM   #957
Big Yapper!

I had another good day at the farm. Sweated as per usual but I found enjoyment in bringing the horses pleasure. Actually, while I was cleaning one of the paddocks, I noticed a wild bunny just outside the fence. I went back later on and tossed a couple of carrots in the general area I saw him. Then of course I gave our own bunnies some carrots, too.

There are barn swallows in one or two of the stalls and I forgot to mention them yesterday. There's the parents and about 3 hungry juveniles. It's so fun to watch them! The days are getting shorter and cooler. I drove to do a few errands after the farm and when I was heading home, I was treated to one of the most gorgeous sunsets I've seen in a long while. The blues were so incredibly blue and the clouds looked a different color depending on which half of the sky I was looking at. Bright pink and yellows.

I found a diver's waterproof camera at Goodwill but when I got it home, found out they no longer make the film for it. BUMMER! It takes 110 film cartridges. I looked online. I found a couple being offered on EBay but they expired in 1998! How good could they be? I'm truly disappointed but it only cost me $3. It works, too! The flash works and everything. I won't give up on finding some film.

Another thing I bought was this very cool cutting board with a collapsible colander that is designed to use over the sink. You can chop your fruit and veggies, then slide them over to the colander and rinse. Pretty cool and since it collapses, it is easy to store. Brand new!! I had a fun little shopping trip.

I also took the cell phone to the Sprint store so they could "refresh it". I needed to investigate why my cell reception varies so drastically from the front of the house to the back. So far it seems to be a bit better. Will keep testing it for a few days and then go to plan B, which is ordering a free device that plugs into the internet modem. Yep. Will have to talk about the dang modem with the upstairs neighbors yet again.

They came home this afternoon. I was startled when I went outside. I didn't expect to see him and he was hauling the trash and recycle cans back to the rear of the house. I got the distinct feeling I was getting the cold shoulder. When I got back from the barn, they were both gone, in both cars. Makes me wonder. I know; I think too much and suspect too much. Paranoia, is all.

Didn't eat until around 9:30 pm! I had nothing but water and iced coffees through the day. Then for "dinner" I grilled two cheeseburgers for me (the hamburger buns are too big for just one burger) and I grilled a hot dog for Cisco. I toasted both of our buns on the grill, too. After I ate my dinner, I pulled her dinner into bite-sized pieces and fed them to her. She thought she died and went to heaven! I held the mustard and sauerkraut. I know she likes her dogs plain.

Goodnight, ladies. Hope to chat tomorrow! Sleep well and be good.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:19 PM   #958
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds like you had a good day.
I found out this evening from my son that hes getting deployed, approx, in March. Yep, I'm upset. I knew this day would come but not so soon. Hes going to southern afghanistan. The fighting is still quite active there so I'm worried.
I dont know how I'm going to get through the next 6 months or so. :'(
Old 08-07-2012, 10:54 PM   #959
Big Yapper!

I'm sorry, Tammy. You knew this day would come. But he's ready and is in the best shape of his life, and is mature enough to handle it. Trust in God that he will be protected. I know how difficult it must be for you. Try not to dwell on it and enjoy the time you have to Skype with him, etc. (Another good reason to get your computer back up and running on the internet!)

How's P3 treating you so far? I hope you're stabilizing easily.

It's almost 2 am here so I'm going to force myself to turn off the computer and lights and get into position. Sleep well, eveyone.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:58 PM   #960
Big Yapper!

PS: I may have stumbled upon the reason for my nausea and profuse sweating when at the farm. I'm on a drug that was started a month ago. The refill is waiting for me at the drug store. I just looked up what the side effects are and some of them are down-right deadly. No wonder I've been feeling like my days are numbered! I'm not taking any more of them and will see how things go next week. I don't have to wean off, which is good. (Drug is Meloxicam and that's what they finally ordered for me to help with my hip pain.)
Closed Thread