Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2012, 01:30 PM   #901
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Okay. Meal plan so far today has been as follows:

B- 2 overly ripe bananas, one iced coffee. (Bananas too mushy.)

L- 1 grilled hot dog in toasted bun, with mustard and kraut, B&M baked beans and some macaroni salad, one iced coffee.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2012, 02:16 PM   #902
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Okay. Meal plan so far today has been as follows:

B- 2 overly ripe bananas, one iced coffee. (Bananas too mushy.)

L- 1 grilled hot dog in toasted bun, with mustard and kraut, B&M baked beans and some macaroni salad, one iced coffee.
I can't stand ripe bananas! They have to be just right for me to eat them. No mushy ones for me! LOL
Update on Chlobug....NO MORE SLEEPOVERS for a looooong time! Her dad said she was awake at 1:30 and 6 a.m. So in other words she didnt sleep! Her mom got her at noon and she went to sleep at 2 and has been sleeping since! UGH!!!
It'll be awhile before shes ready for that again. He can get her for the day. And he should understand that. Don't ya think?
Wanna know what I ate today? Brace yourself !
B Full fat greek yogurt (my usual), iced coffee (2 cups)
L 2 hb eggs w/ some mayo
D 1 cup of chicken casserole (chicken thighs fried in real butter and bacon grease, bacon, broccoli and cheese sauce) , a small bite of grilled kielbasa and 1/2 a beef hot dog
Really not alot of food, but soooo full !!! O.M.G.! I'm laying on the couch with a full belly!
I had to try the casserole bc I saw it in a low carb thread and it sounded so good! Hubby loves it too. But I informed him that was my cooking for the next month! LOL I hate to cook.
ttys!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
Old 07-29-2012, 02:30 PM   #903
Big Yapper!

That's too bad about Chloe not having a good night. Was she up crying or just up and happy? It will take her a while to get back on a good sleep schedule so you might have to pay the price for their mistakes. It can't all be blamed on them, though. I'm sure she was very excited to be in a different environment at bedtime. She was bound to be a little wired.

I don't know if you should base their ability to keep her overnight just on that one issue. Just file it away and see how she is over the next couple of days. Okay?

That sounds like a lot of food to me, Tammy. Especially on a P2 day. Was it a refeed? Can't wait until you're back in the 180's again. I'm coming right behind you, on your heels. I'm so sick of being up this high. I feel so terrible at this weight range. How on earth did I ever get to be 234+ lbs and stay there for sooooo long? It's a crying shame.

Yeah, the bananas were nasty. I only bought them because I didn't see a good assortment of peaches to choose from. Will go shopping as soon as I get paid and then I will drive to a "real" grocery store. They have better selections and cheaper prices. I've gotten too in the habit of shopping in my own town and that backfires on me.

Also after I get paid, I've decided to invest in my health and splurge on some Glucosamine and Chondroitin. I want to see if it will improve my hip issue. I want to be able to comfortably take riding lessons again before this season ends. I need to prove to myself that I can do it. I have three months before they stop all lessons for the winter. I wish they'd do it into November. We shall see how it goes, I guess. Sometimes November can be quite lovely still.

I wish I had one of those "seal a meal" contraptions. I could buy ground beef and stuff in larger amounts when they are on sale and stock pile my freezer. I have to start shopping smarter. I can't afford to be so reckless! I wish my stand-up freezer hadn't died on me. I would have brought it over here for sure. Maybe I can find a used one for sale. Will keep that in mind.

BBL! Hope everyone is doing well today.

Last edited by CherylB; 07-29-2012 at 02:32 PM..
Old 07-29-2012, 05:48 PM   #904
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: keepingcupsfull
Stats: 250/? /155
WOE: Rx Hcg pellets
Breakfast./ cucumber and green pepper

Lunch ground beef on a side salad
Not hungry for dinner. Hmm 2 pellets are better at reducing hunger then 3.

Lots of tea and vitamin water zero.

10 mile hill walk and shopping with one of my daughters. Still need to pay bills and do laundry....

We are invited to a barbecue tomorrow night. I offered to bring dessert. I'm thinking pound cake with fresh blueberries topped with cool whip. I can at least eat the berries. Decided to also bring fresh tomatoes from my garden topped with fresh basil. That's my plan and I'm sticking to it.
Have a great night. Tomorrows a new day. Have a great week. I will check in if I can chemo for Mom this week so not sure I will be able too. Do the best you can to stick to your plan..

Nite...Bee
Old 07-29-2012, 05:58 PM   #905
Big Yapper!

10 miles of a hilly walk? Yikes! Glad you got your shopping done with your girls. Hope you found some great buys. Good idea for getting through the bbq tomorrow. You're so close to goal! How many more P2 days left in your round? Very cool. I hope you're very happy with yourself.

I'm envious of your garden tomatoes. I bought a potted tomato plant and ever since I planted it into the ground (which wasn't supposed to be necessary), the tomatoes stopped ripening. I guess I goofed! Oops. It's loaded with 'maters but they're all green. Grrr.

Night, Bee. And night to all of you lovely ladies. Stay well and sleep tight.

PS: I ended my menu today with a dinner of a bowl of macaroni salad and a cut up hot dog in it, followed by two oranges. I drank water with dinner just so I wasn't taking in caffeine too late to interfere with my efforts to sleep.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:26 AM   #906
Senior LCF Member

Morning...
STS 169. Grrr. I have today and tomorrow of dose days and p3 Friday.

I am ok with how far I've come it's taken a while as I've done it slow. Curios to see what happens in P3. In p2 my body likes this number. If I can maintain 165 to 168 I will be happy. I don't want to see 170's again.

Saving most of my calories for later tonight....let's see how that works out.

I have half the school shopping done. I have my oldest daughter to take for a college stuff yet. I don't know what happened to all the stuff I bought last year.... as far a clothes I don't know why she needs more jeans .... I'm forever working on the piles of laundry.

Not a bargain shopping yesterday as two pair of jeans were 98.00 on sale:annoyed. So that made shopping pretty quick.

Yep, 10 miles of hill training to prepare for my 60 mile walk in October. I'm doing much less training this year than in years past. Should be interesting...

Your meals sound so much more interesting than mine....mine are so boring.
Good look and thoughts to you today to on your road to healthy You!
Old 07-30-2012, 09:07 AM   #907
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingcupsfull View Post
Morning...
STS 169. Grrr. I have today and tomorrow of dose days and p3 Friday.

I am ok with how far I've come it's taken a while as I've done it slow. Curios to see what happens in P3. In p2 my body likes this number. If I can maintain 165 to 168 I will be happy. I don't want to see 170's again.

Saving most of my calories for later tonight....let's see how that works out.

I have half the school shopping done. I have my oldest daughter to take for a college stuff yet. I don't know what happened to all the stuff I bought last year.... as far a clothes I don't know why she needs more jeans .... I'm forever working on the piles of laundry.

Not a bargain shopping yesterday as two pair of jeans were 98.00 on sale. So that made shopping pretty quick.

Yep, 10 miles of hill training to prepare for my 60 mile walk in October. I'm doing much less training this year than in years past. Should be interesting...

Your meals sound so much more interesting than mine....mine are so boring.
Good look and thoughts to you today to on your road to healthy You!
OMG! I hate the cost of clothes these days! I had no clue just how ridiculous things had gotten because long ago I learned how to find what I need at thrift stores. Quite traumatic when I went shopping for wedding clothes in June.

Sorry you STS again. But you are like THERE, so just be patient and know that your body is sliding into the groove it'll be in for the rest of your life.

How does that 60 mile walk go, anyway? How long does it take to complete it? I can't imagine doing one of those myself. I'd surely die before mile 15. Especially if it was summertime. October might give me a few more miles, if God was with me.

I'm trying so hard to do this No S plan right but it is next to impossible with my total insomnia. I've weaned off of Restoril almost 2 months ago and STILL I can't sleep predictably. I take 50 mg of Benadryl each night, now I take two sublingual Melatonin's (used to take the regular pills that you swallow,) I listen to nature sounds on the computer (free online website,) and nothing works. I get into my comfortable position and read a book, dim the lights or use the pop-up book light that's on my Kindle case. Nothing. Nary a yawn. I was up at least until 0800 this morning. Fell asleep and then woke at 10 something.

I can't take this anymore!! I called the pharmacy last Friday and asked them to contact my Dr about a refill for the generic Restoril but they didn't send one in. So I called the Dr's office myself at 11:30 and with my raspy voice, explained it all to the lady who answered the phone. I had told the Dr to not renew my script for Restoril in the future, even if I asked. So I told her that I was changing my mind about that and I'm so tired of living this way. We shall see. Maybe I will have some by tonight. I hope so, and I hope that one capsule will be enough to do the trick, now that I've gone so long without any. I had built up a tolerance to them and one was never enough.

I have barn duty today and tomorrow. I am so miserable that I am considering taking the rest of the summer off from the farm. I think I need to kiss this miserable summer goodbye. I love my time with the horses but I think I've just "over" the biting bugs and the sweating. And I'm in absolutely horrible physical condition. I'm quite the mess.

I'll do my time today, but I may make the announcement to the equine manager while I'm there. I will give it more thought. Knowing me, I'll soon regret the decision once I've made it. I'm always of two minds. I HATE that part of me.

Welp, I'll bbl. Hope everyone is having a nice day.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:56 PM   #908
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BluJ
I sure hope you are feeling better soon!!! Hugs!!!
Old 07-31-2012, 07:43 AM   #909
Senior LCF Member

How was you nights sleep? Did you get the meds you requested?

The 60 mile walk is over 3 days 25 miles Friday, 20 miles Saturday, 15 Sunday. It is hard but do worth it. I love the community support from all the towns we walk thru. We camp out each night in a little pink tent. My moto is blisters dont need chemo and limping is still walking.

168.2 today. p3 Friday.
My blood work just came back and total cholesterol is 154. But bad is 101. That's never been the case in the past. Doyou think Hhcg could be the cause of the increase?

Better get back to working....BBL
Bee
Old 07-31-2012, 11:25 AM   #910
Big Yapper!

I did get them! And although it took me a while to fall asleep, I felt it the moment it started to kick in and I got into position. I woke up at 12:30 pm! I slept soundly all those hours (maybe 10). I needed every minute of those hours, too. A few more solid nights and mornings like that and I'll be caught up and might not need to sleep so late.

I took a sublingual Melatonin after a while, and that might have done the deed. I'll take that at the same time as the other meds and maybe I'll fall asleep faster tonight. How wonderful sleeping is! Nobody really knows what actually occurs in the body when we sleep or why we need sleep like we need water, but I know that sleep is what I need! It's one of my favorite things to do.

I'm glad they break that walk up into three days, Bee! What a great thing you're all doing. Pink tents? How cool is that!? Love your motto, too.

If I had cholesterol numbers as good as yours, I'd be happy as a clam. Those are very impressive readings, Bee. Don't sweat the small stuff. What's the HDL number? It's important to have enough of the good stuff as well as a low number of the bad stuff. All of my numbers are askew. (I just love that word. I use it every chance I get.)

It's very cloudy here and not a single forecast is calling for rain, yet when I went to accuweather, it clearly shows a line of rain cells moving directly north, right at me. So, I'm guessing there will be showers while I'm at the farm today. I took the day off yesterday and it was a good idea. I'm just so over summer. I can't wait for August to be behind us.

Well, not entirely. My favorite country fair is the last weekend of August and I just love going to that. It is in my little town and is a very respectable fair. My sister (one of my sisters, but the one I get together the most with, so I just call her "my sister" most of the time) and my mom will be going at least one of those three days with me. I'll probably go at least two of those days.

I'm starting to think that I shouldn't eat anything at all until bedtime. I end up eating during those final hours while I'm waiting for sleep and so that ends up being over and above my intentional meals for the day. If I just waited and ate at that time, it would all work out just fine. I might as well try it. I'm over and done with trying to be "normal." I just ain't!

Interesting little development happening. I am a Freecycler and that is an online group that posts things for free or posts wanted ads when they are looking for something. It's a nationwide (I think worldwide) group to cut down on throwing perfectly good things into our landfills, but it ends up being much more than that. Anyway, I met a woman in my town that way, when she posted she had moving boxes to give away. I got them and they were pristine.

She didn't live that far from me and I went to get something else from her after a while. We got to know each other a bit and when she saw me asking for old fitness magazines this week, she wrote and said she had a few. Then she asked me if I was interested in walking with her once or twice a week around our little lake that has a gravel walking track around it. She is like me and just wanting to start getting into shape.

She wants to walk after work, so that would be around 6:45 pm. Since I'm in a coma in the mornings, that works best for me. So Thursdays at that time of the evening, unless it's stormy, I will be walking with this woman. I have no idea how many laps she wants to do, but one trip around is equal to 0.8 miles. No dogs allowed so it will just be us humans.

Pretty cool, right? It might be just what I need to get outside rather than always rely on the treadmill. She also mentioned a $10/month Planet Fitness membership but there isn't any of those near me and I'm not ready to "go there" just yet. Maybe later.

So, need to go get ready for the horses. I missed them yesterday but I'm just burning out on summer. I'm in a funk and I just need to get past this in a dang hurry. I think it's just an accumulation of all the sleepless nights and extra meals I hadn't banked on. It's making me feel out of control. And I'm SO BROKE!!! But that's another issue entirely.

Hoping you are all having a lovely day. Tammy, I see you on other threads and I miss you, girl! Hope you'll come out and play today.

Last edited by CherylB; 07-31-2012 at 11:28 AM..
Old 07-31-2012, 11:34 AM   #911
Big Yapper!

PS: My last day of being "forty something."
Old 07-31-2012, 08:04 PM   #912
Big Yapper!

57 more minutes of being 40-something! Here it goes, down the drain. Watch it swirl.

Had a pretty good day. Got my horse fix and it wasn't bad at all. Had an intimate talk with the other lady who works on Tuesdays at the farm and I ended up inviting her to my party. I may be going to her church this Sunday, too.

How the world turns.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:03 PM   #913
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ebeads
Stats: yikes/tryingmybest/ihopeihope
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restart May 10,2012
Happy Birthday Cheryl!
Old 08-01-2012, 03:20 AM   #914
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
Happy Birthday, beautiful lady!!. Wishing you a day as SPECIAL as you. May all your birthday wishes come true!
Old 08-01-2012, 06:17 AM   #915
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Birthday!!!! Have a great day, you deserve it!
Old 08-01-2012, 07:33 AM   #916
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Happy 50th Birthday Cheryl!! Hope you have a wonderful day!!
Old 08-01-2012, 10:33 AM   #917
Big Yapper!

Thank you, you wonderful ladies!! (Marie, you look AMAZING!!!)

I'm hanging here at home today. It's hot and humid and I have no desire to go out in that. We're ironing out the last-minute details for the party that will be over here on Saturday. I ordered some of those big paper lanterns that you light and let fill with heat and light and then release into the night sky while making a wish or sending up a prayer. If I can keep people here long enough to enjoy those, I will pass them out and let everyone make a wish or prayer for something that they really need. It will be a lovely way to start my 5th decade of life.

I haven't told anyone about those cause I didn't know if they'd be delivered in time but it looks like they should come tomorrow. I bought a package of 10 white ones. They are so pretty! Ever seen them? They're magical. At that 4th of July party I went to, they had multi-colored ones and it was breathtaking to watch them drift up, up and away.

My sister Donna said she is going to reimburse me for the costs of the hot dogs, burgers, buns and pies I'm buying for the party. I love her. She is the best sister EVER. Thankfully, I will get paid on the 3rd so I won't be strapped for cash when I do my shopping on Friday or Saturday.

I think I'm going to relax today and read my No S Diet book in the comfort of my home. I haven't read much of it yet and I need to get 'er read. I have lost focus this last week and I need to get it back. I weighed myself today, to document what I weighed on my 50th birthday and I'm 195 even. At least I'm under 200. I was thinking I wasn't.

I think back on the decades of my life and the 40's was a real waste. For the most part, anyway. Until I started to get my act together in 2009, it was all just a waste. But now I have a fresh start and my 50's will be a real revelation. It will show me all that I could have had but decided it wasn't worth the effort in the 40's. I will reach my goal of 140 by my 51st birthday. I will.

AND I WILL LOOK JUST LIKE MARIE!!!!! Holy Cow, woman! So tell me how you eat now and how you exercise, etc. I wanna know! (I've missed you, cutie.)

Last edited by CherylB; 08-01-2012 at 10:36 AM..
Old 08-01-2012, 10:35 AM   #918
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Doxiemom
Stats: 208/166.2/160
WOE: HCG
Start Date: 9/9/11
Happy Birthday fom a lurker. You are a wonderful inspiration to all of us here on low carb friends. I appreciate all your Godly wisdom. You are a blessing and a wonderful woman.

Have a blessed birthday.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:52 AM   #919
Big Yapper!

Thank you, Doxiemom. With puppies like those, you should post here more often! How old are they?
Old 08-01-2012, 12:33 PM   #920
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Doxiemom
Stats: 208/166.2/160
WOE: HCG
Start Date: 9/9/11
The pups are only a couple weeks old in that photo. They are two years old now. They are the loves of my life.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:38 PM   #921
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Happy 50th Birthday Cheryl!! Soooo happy to have you here with us on LCF's!! I'm glad to "know" you and enjoy your friendship very much!! Thanks for sharing and inspiring us all!! I hope as you reflect on your life you realize how special you are and that God uses you to encourage others!!

Enjoy your walk w. your freecycle friend. I think that's neat!! It'll do you a world of good, physically and emotionally. Exercise may even help you sleep better. I totally agree that rest and sleep are crucial to overall health and well being. Hope that comes together for you!!

Old 08-01-2012, 01:01 PM   #922
Big Yapper!

Doxiemom, you are on the verge of reaching your goal! My hat's off to you and all of those "yous" out there who have come so far and saw this thing through. It's the toughest road there is. That I'm sure of.

Thanks so much, Julie. I'm touched by the love you ladies show me and I'm glad that my encouraging you has made an impact. That makes me feel very validated and validation in this day and age is very hard to come by. I will take these jewels and hold them close to my heart.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:05 PM   #923
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rachelocity
WOE: Fitbit/My Fitness Pal
Start Date: Every day I'm shuffling
Happy B-Day Cheryl! The 50s are the best decade. Seriously!
Old 08-01-2012, 01:13 PM   #924
Big Yapper!

Okay, Rachel. I want to hear more!!! Give me a list of reasons why the 50's are the best decade. I have an idea of why that is, but want to hear it from you (and from anyone else who knows.)
Old 08-01-2012, 01:23 PM   #925
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rachelocity
WOE: Fitbit/My Fitness Pal
Start Date: Every day I'm shuffling
Basically, when I was a kid and kvetching about too much responsibility (hah!) the promise of adulthood was that I'd have freedom. I'm in the sweet spot where I have very little family responsibility (I'm single, my son is on his own and my parents have sadly passed away), my health is decent, my job is great, I have awesome friends and family and an apartment that I am happy to go home to. It took a lot of time to get to this point, and I don't think I would have appreciated it until I'd paid my dues, to be honest. Which is the benefit of experience and acquired wisdom.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:34 PM   #926
Big Yapper!

Very, very cool. Thank you.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:34 PM   #927
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
Hello birthday girl!!!

Your party on Saturday sounds like it is going to be such fun. The laterns sound really great.

Thank you for your kind words. I am still walking daily, most weeks 7 days per week, but, sometimes I take a day off like I did today. I typically do not take more than one day off per week. I do a lot of "walking with purpose" like to the grocery store, post office, drug store, etc. I am STILL calorie counting, and every day is an EFFORT. I still struggle with sugar. My picture was taken about a week ago, and I update my stats daily. Dh has been on board for awhile now, and has lost about 30 pounds total. His blood pressure was perfect at the last doc visit, so his medicine was cut in half. We are hoping he can eventually go off it all together.

I think that is about all. I've been out ALL day, including 3.5 hours spent at the beauty college. I am whipped. I will try to stop in again very soon. Remember to MOVE MORE and EAT LESS. Think like a skinny person, LOL. YOU CAN DO IT. You've done it before, and will do it again!

The BEACH is my HAPPY PLACE.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:54 PM   #928
Senior LCF Member

Enjoy your party. Post a picture of the lanterns, they sound cool. Happy to hear you have found a walking buddy in your circle and close by too. It really helps to know someone is waiting on you, so you are less likely to not do it. Take one day at a time. Don't give up your time with the horses of its something your really enjoy. Im sure they would miss you.

Working on Mom's bucket list so have to go. Just wanted to check in a say Happy Birthday.
Wishing you another good nights sleep. I love sleep.....my favorite thing to do.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:37 PM   #929
Big Yapper!

Marie, yes I will "do it again." I just feel so less jazzed about it right now. I guess we have these highs and lows and have to stop letting our emotions act like the wind in our sails. I have to dig deeper for better propulsion.

KCF, I'll see if I can find a video on youtube that shows the lanterns. They really are amazing. You sound just like me, saying sleep is your favorite thing. ME TOO. What's next on your Mom's bucket list? What's looking doable and what's not?

I agree with you about not giving up on the horses. I'll just sweat it out a little longer. After August it generally gets much more comfortable. This week it's a steam-bath.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:34 AM   #930
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey lady! did you enjoy your birthday?
things have been crazy around here so i post here and there and read when i can.
i'm suppose to go to my MIL's today for her birthday. i think she's 63 today. but its going to be near 90* and she has no a/c! I'd have to take chloe and she gets so cranky when shes hot. i was thinking of just going for a few hrs, but i'm thinking twice about it. maybe if it cools off this weekend we'll go down and i'll take her out to dinner. she likes when i do that with her.
Dd and her bf and his sister and husband are going to Kennywood today so i have chloe again. yesterday she wasn't herself. she has 2 more teeth coming in and that always makes her miserable. Now she has 4 top teeth & 4 bottom!
well, I'm getting tired again. i woke up bc my back was hurting.....took pain meds and feel better.
Have a nice day and i'll ttys! Take care!
Closed Thread