Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2012, 07:06 PM   #871
Big Yapper!!!!
 
julieboolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sunny AZ
Posts: 8,787
Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Cheryl-wanted to see how "no s" was going for you . I read a bit on the thread tht Terri started. I like the concept. No seconds, no sweets, no snacks, right? And some indulging on "s" days. This does sound limit would fit in with Woodall's hunger scale. Hmmm. Thoughts to ponder! Keep up the good work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catjrow3 View Post
Hey Cheryl... I am not sure I am on a plan currently. I do BFFM (burn the fat, feed the muscle) most days, but its just healthy eating, weight training, cardio, etc. Not really a diet. You only decrease your calories by 20-30% and then lose slowly. I am recouping from another injury and trying to stay on track with eating currently. Started back with weight training today since it does not involve my lower leg, but cannot run or such currently! I love the TM too!
Cathy! How're you doing? Good to see you!
julieboolie is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2012, 07:10 PM   #872
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,794
Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Cathy! How're you doing? Good to see you!
Hanging in there Julie... how are you doing?
catjrow3 is offline  
Old 07-25-2012, 08:32 PM   #873
Big Yapper!
 
CherylB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 19,381
Gallery: CherylB
Quote:
Originally Posted by catjrow3 View Post
Are you losing weight on the No S diet? I pulled my calf muscle this time. I thought I had "healed" it but then I went to turbo camp in California this week past and I pulled it again. Once you pull it, your gastroc muscle is like "taffy" I am told and you have to give it time to repair, well.... I am no good at not exercising so its causing problems. I am trying again to rest it and ice it, but I tend to eat worse when I dont exercise. Its not a great time to eat badly when you are not burning the calories! But I plow forward!! LOL
Yes, ma'am! Forward we plow together! Maybe kick boxing is a bit strenous for you. Maybe it's time to tone it down a hair? Just sayin...

It's too soon to say if I'm losing on No S. It takes time. I only weigh-in once a week and so far I'm down about 2. Saturday will be my second weigh-in but this plan is for life. You don't see big losses, just slow, permanent ones. The kind that matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieboolie View Post
Cheryl-wanted to see how "no s" was going for you . I read a bit on the thread tht Terri started. I like the concept. No seconds, no sweets, no snacks, right? And some indulging on "s" days. This does sound limit would fit in with Woodall's hunger scale. Hmmm. Thoughts to ponder! Keep up the good work!
Definitely worth a good looksy, right? I'm glad you're checking it out. I know you are at the end of your little rope today and I wanted to throw you a life-line. Sleep tight! Sweet dreams, my ladies.
CherylB is online now  
Old 07-26-2012, 05:27 AM   #874
Senior LCF Member
 
EmBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 284
Gallery: EmBee
Stats: 262/231.4/130
WOE: VLCD hHCG
Start Date: May 2012
Good Morning Cheryl!! Hope you day is awesome
EmBee is offline  
Old 07-26-2012, 10:38 AM   #875
Big Yapper!
 
CherylB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 19,381
Gallery: CherylB
Thanks, Embee! I woke up very sore all over from working out yesterday so I decided to let my muscles recover today. I'll be hanging close to home cause we are getting a bad t-storm tonight. My neighbor upstairs is terrified of bad storms and it really sounds like she and her male dog (who likes to scent mark everything) will be joining me this evening. Her boyfriend (who also lives upstairs) will be at work. It's fine. We'll have a few beers and do a little one-on-one bonding.

I have to admit that I'm losing my focus on meals lately. I think it began over the weekend when I was relaxed and taking the S days in a less structured fashion, but then it spilled over into Monday and Tuesday which are barn days and that throws everything off. I'm up half the night, sleep until noon and then everything is askew.

I see a really big difference in how much I eat and how I approach food when I stray from the meals. Every day is such a learning process but I never feel like "I blew it" because it's not a diet. It's a trial and error thing that you just strive to do to the best of your ability and to make this new approach to eating into a no-brainer habit for life.

I can't wait for the book to come in the mail. It will help to reinforce it in my mind. But I really need to make a plate and put an assortment of food on it, like I did last week. What I made yesterday (don't think I mentioned it on this thread) was a kind of chili (or mexican type dish) with ground beef, cans of diced tomatoes with chilis and onions, a small can of mexican style tomato sauce, lots of spices (made it pretty hot) and then I make a cup of uncooked rice and added all that cooked rice into the mix.

I ate that meal in a bowl and was just going to count the bowl as a plate, but something didn't quite work with that. In my mind, it didn't feel like a complete meal. And as the hours ticked by last night, when I couldn't sleep (again), I ended up eating more stuff.

It will be very interesting to see what I weigh on Saturday morning. I hope I've dropped a couple lbs or I'm going to feel like I really messed up this week. But I just wake up each day and learn from what didn't work the day before and move forward. Forward movement is key.

Got up and did my dishes. They were getting a bit out of hand. Now I'm sipping on my iced coffee with half and half and Ez Sweetz. It's almost gone and I'll be "going in" for another. Love those things! Oh! And I got a reply to my question that I posted on the NoS diet bulletin board and they said that the coffee doesn't count as a snack. Great day in the mornin'!

I hope we all have a lovely, safe day and night today. May the storms that pass through our neighborhoods be much less severe than predicted, and may the neighbors stay in their own homes.
CherylB is online now  
Old 07-26-2012, 11:53 AM   #876
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
tay65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: comfy couch
Posts: 3,447
Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
hahahahaha!!!! thats funny!
I'm hooked on my iced coffee too. Had to run to the store this morning and get sugar free caramel creamer bc the regular stuff put me up .7 today. Oops! Think I'm doing a fat fast today so going to get me some chicken for dinner.
BBL
tay65 is offline  
Old 07-26-2012, 12:00 PM   #877
Big Yapper!
 
CherylB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 19,381
Gallery: CherylB
Ooh! Bad girl, drinking the sugared caramel creamer. You rebel, you! Glad you switched to the less damaging kind. I thought you were talking about the sugar-free flavored syrups, not creamer. Those things can kill a diet.

I realized something a few moments ago and I had to update what I said in the last post. I know exactly why I've lost my focus in regard to meals. I stopped eating at the table! That's all it is. I'm sure of it! I take my food to the bedroom and eat in front of the computer and tv. That's it! So no more meals anywhere but at the table. Case closed! Mystery solved.
CherylB is online now  
Old 07-26-2012, 12:17 PM   #878
Big Yapper!!!!
 
julieboolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Sunny AZ
Posts: 8,787
Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Hey Cat! I'm doing great! Finishing up a round and at a new low for me!!

Cheryl-hope you're down too! Good job on the exercise!! I like the plan, but like you, it'll take practice!! Progress, not perfection!!
julieboolie is offline  
Old 07-26-2012, 01:06 PM   #879
Big Yapper!
 
CherylB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 19,381
Gallery: CherylB
Yep! But the things we learn on this plan are things that will keep us thin all the days of our lives. Isn't that great? Sweet!
CherylB is online now  
Old 07-26-2012, 01:12 PM   #880
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
tay65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: comfy couch
Posts: 3,447
Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
I have to wait to go to the mall thats kinda far to get the sugar free syrup. I looked at the grocery store and the only sf syrup they had was sf hazelnut. ewww! LOL! So hoping the sugar free creamer is ok.
I'm doing a fat fast today. I had some natural rotisserrie chicken and some greek yogurt. I'll have a little cream cheese later. Keeping my fingers crossed it works for me.
ttys!
tay65 is offline  
Old 07-26-2012, 01:14 PM   #881
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
tay65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: comfy couch
Posts: 3,447
Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
oh! have you been sitting at the table today? I did!
tay65 is offline  
Old 07-26-2012, 01:14 PM   #882
Big Yapper!
 
CherylB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 19,381
Gallery: CherylB
You just had a whoosh, Tammy. Why do a fat fast today? I hope it doesn't backfire on you. Mini did a zillion of those while in P2 and she really messed herself up.

I was eating my sandwich while lounging in bed when it occured to me that I'd stopped eating at the table. All other stuff I eat will be at the table but it won't be a while til the next meal.
CherylB is online now  
Old 07-26-2012, 01:17 PM   #883
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
tay65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: comfy couch
Posts: 3,447
Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
To try one out. I've never done a real one. No, I won't be doing them like she did. SMH Nope.
tay65 is offline  
Old 07-26-2012, 01:37 PM   #884
Big Yapper!
 
CherylB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 19,381
Gallery: CherylB
Okay. Experiment away, then.
CherylB is online now  
Old 07-26-2012, 04:44 PM   #885
Big Yapper!
 
CherylB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 19,381
Gallery: CherylB
Where is this "big storm" we're supposed to be getting right now? It's so calm outside that I can hardly believe it's just over the treeline. Even the dogs aren't sensing it and they are very in-tune. I am beginning to wonder if it's all a figment of their imaginations.

Just in case, I took a broom and de-spider-webbed the stairs leading into the basement and then cleared us a patch at the base of the stairs where we can sit in folding chairs and dodge tornadoes. I also brought in two games in case Jess and I need to pass some time. I've already begun the storm party and cracked open a couple of my beers.

I also did a few other things outside to prepare earlier but I thought to go get some propane too late. The store had just closed. But I did get the new regulator that had been leaking all the gas and it is installed. I put the old tank back on and there is a bit of gas left in it. Will get two tanks filled tomorrow, since I have two tanks. I guess it's a good thing to have a spare at the ready.

Ho, hum. Not even a panting dog to be had! Just starting to hear faint rumblings of thunder but nothing alarming at all.
CherylB is online now  
Old 07-26-2012, 07:14 PM   #886
Big Yapper!
 
CherylB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 19,381
Gallery: CherylB
Where is everyone tonight? All my subscribed threads are like a dang ghost town. Well, the storm was a wash. Hehehe. I'm going to try and get to bed tonight. I think I mentioned this on this thread last night but I was talking about a little machine I used to have that played nature sounds to help you relax. After writing about it, I googled and found a website that does that very thing for free. I listened to rain and thunder as I "tried" to fall asleep. Maybe tonight it will go smoother.

Had me my three meals for the day and now it's a done deal. Hope you're all having a lovely night. TTYL.
CherylB is online now  
Old 07-26-2012, 07:48 PM   #887
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
tay65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: comfy couch
Posts: 3,447
Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
We had a terrible, loud storm! Scared the bejesus out of Chloe with all the rumbling going on. I wouldn't allow her to look outside bc the lightning was horrific. I'm not exaggerating either. We had the same kind of storm early this morning at 4 a.m. It woke everyone up.
I was watching Chloe and we were playing a long time, so no internet time. Besides I dont get a strong signal while its storming. Dd was at a restaurant with her bff, her new hubby and my dd's bf while it was storming and she said the chandeliers were swaying inside!
Hubby will be home from work (he went back today) in a minute, so I'll ttyt!
__________________

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
tay65 is offline  
Old 07-27-2012, 04:15 PM   #888
Senior LCF Member
 
keepingcupsfull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 174
Gallery: keepingcupsfull
Stats: 250/? /155
WOE: Rx Hcg pellets
Hello..... Glad to see everyone is safe from the storms.
Any good plans for the weekend Cheryl? With no S , the best part of the week is the weekends right?
Training walk for me in the early am 12 miles on a variety of roads, sure hope it's not too hot. Glad to see you are exercising. Do you find it makes you feel great ... Well when it's over I mean.

Yesterday was my Moms 66 birthday. Kinda weird feeling but, we did ok. When we were singing to her I got a little chocked up thinking this may be the last birthday she has. Sad feelings didn't last long we were back to having fun a few moments later. The storm caused the power to go out so we kept her birthday candle lit so we could see. All in all a good time.
Tomorrow after my walk I hope to finish the paint job I started in her bathroom.
I did eat a piece of her cake, how could I not right...
No damage on the scale. Yet any way.
Sts at 169. I will end P2 next week to do the 2 vlcds without hhcg the last two days of her chemo for the week. Wednesday and Thursday. I'm using it as an incentive to be strong, because if she can do chemo treatments I can eat on plan. I do feel an emotional hunger that I'm trying to not give into.

Wow you are one strong woman to handle all that loss in your life. I don't believe I could have done it. Is there one thing you miss most about each person or does time change how you think about the past? Do you feel that the events in your life shaped you into the person you are today in a positive way? Sorry so many questions, just curious about how events change or help us become who we are.

here's to hoping you re sleeping better

Bee
keepingcupsfull is offline  
Old 07-27-2012, 06:39 PM   #889
Big Yapper!
 
CherylB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 19,381
Gallery: CherylB
Wow, Tammy! I guess the storms weakened as they made their way to CT. It was like they hit a wall after reaching us. They just started to fly apart. I'm glad you're okay.

Bee, I am going to be wrapped up in the fund raiser that lasts all day tomorrow. It's frightening because when I attend the meetings it becomes painfully clear that we are flying on a wing and a prayer. I mean, there has been a lot of preparation and planning, but sometimes you have to wonder. It's something that I'll have to see to believe. Maybe if it turns out okay, I'll have more faith in the process and get involved in another one in the future. Right now, it's not likely.

Yes, weekends and special days are the days when you can have treats but I'm finding that they are still days that should be kept to meals. And rather than eating an entire pie (one piece at a time, naturally ) it's best to remember you are trying to lose weight.

I have lost focus and doing that, I have stopped losing weight. I weighed today just to see what my actions have been producing and, even with my exercising and being more concious, I actually gained a few. Granted, all these nights of insomnia and the eating and drinking that ensues has to be the cause for it all. But I have some serious regrouping to do, as of Monday. This week is already shot.

It's all a learning curve and I am not going to give up. All it is making me do is get angry and accountable. If I get pissed off enough, I get busy making things happen. I'm there.

I see people that I was taking riding lessons with not long ago and they are still taking the lessons and doing the things that I discovered that I could not do at my present state of "health" and it makes me want to either curl up and cry or stand up and fight. I want to fight. And I'm going to get to where I need and want to go, one way or another.

Yes, I do find that the exercising makes me feel good. I noticed at one point, when I was doing one of the old Jane Fonda moves, that my arms looked slim! I got a flash of how they once looked when doing her full routine and it took me back 30 years. It gave me a much clearer idea of what can be possible if I put the time and effort into it. Lord knows I haven't been and that is a key component to why I'm "here" rather than "there."

Wow, Bee. Your Mom is still so young. That must have been a tough moment for all of you. I'm sure the same thought crossed each of your minds. The storm knocked the power out right when the birthday candles were lit? How weird. How long was the power out? Did you take it as some sort of sign? I mean, for better or for worse?

I don't feel strong at all. Yes, I survived it all but I didn't do it with strength. I relied on substances and food and drink and I never processed things the way adults should do. I drowned it and buried it and tried to get through another day. I am still in denial of all I went through. I can't explain it but it has so much to do with my being disabled. In fact, it has everything to do with it. Perhaps one day I'll face it all and get through it.

Time definitely does change the pain and lesson the grief. I grieved activily for my husband for two full years, then it was like God lifted it from me. I was over it after that and it no longer consumed me. It had to be God. When my Dad died, it was even tougher in some ways than when my husband passed. My Dad was in good health and it was very sudden (his stroke.) He was never able to truly communicate but he was totally alert and oriented.

My sister Donna bought him a child's dry erase board so he could write with his right hand (paralyzed on his entire left side) and he would try to communicate that way. The one thing I remember most of his last days was a time when Donna and Teresa had flown back to CT and I was alone with my father in his hospital room. He wrote (very poorly) "Dr Kavorkian?" and when I deciphered it, I broke down and cried. I held him and I looked him in his eyes and I said, "If I could take this from you, I would." He was tearing up and he nodded that he knew. That was my moment with him.

The moment I had with my husband was the night before he died in his sleep. He'd gone to CA to be with his family and extended family of friends for an annual "Spaghetti Dinner." (Just an excuse to get together.) I didn't go because I'd been so worn out from the daily grind of working full-time as an RN and taking care of him. I remember he was in the bath tub when I told him I wasn't going to go. He said (very matter-of-factly), "You're cheating me out of a good time with you." No real emotion behind it, just a stated fact.

He went to CA with his parents. I drove him to their condo and kissed him goodbye. They loaded his wheelchair into their vehicle and assumed responsibility for him for a few days. I did nothing that I didn't need to do. It was great, though I felt guilty. I never could do enough. I'm sure you can understand that notion.

They came back on that Sunday night. I went back to their condo to pick him up and drive him home. That night I held him as he sat in his wheelchair in the living room and I cried and confessed that the reason I didn't want to go to CA was because I felt ashamed of myself. My weight had ballooned and I didn't want to be seen. (That was part of it, but the other part was sheer exhaustion and needing just a little break.) I remember his very weak smile and I held him to me. He was happy to hear what I said.

That night I cooked up an Atkins-friendly meal and packed some for my lunch the next day at work. He was very weak and drained and I encouraged him to eat some of my scrambled eggs with cheese. He didn't want anything. He was as weak as a kitten but he eventually had some eggs. I went to bed soon after and he went to bed with me, but because I couldn't sleep with the tv on, he always migrated to the living room couch to sleep for the majority of the night. (ETA: I was restarting Atkins in the morning.)

That's where I found him in the morning when I got up to get ready for work. And that's all the closure I was able to get out of all the pain and trouble we shared during our brief 6 years together. I was haunted by all the things he'd said in anger but never oppologized for. I knew they were said out of his own frustration of being a man who couldn't be a man, yet I also knew he meant a lot of what he said. Those words of his burned. Some still do to this day.

I went through so much that I never got involved with a man again in all these 12.5 years since he died. I just don't have it in me. Three strikes and I'm out. (He was the 3rd "failed" romance.)

OMG, this post is going to take up an entire page. I'd better post the damn thing before I hit a wrong button. I could say so much more but I'll let you all off the hook now. But this is why I say I am not a strong woman to have been through all that. You can make it through life strongly or you can limp along, full of drugs, booze and smoke. I chose the latter.

Last edited by CherylB; 07-27-2012 at 06:48 PM..
CherylB is online now  
Old 07-27-2012, 06:42 PM   #890
Big Yapper!
 
CherylB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 19,381
Gallery: CherylB
Lastly, you asked me how I thought those experiences made me into a better person. I'd have to say that they taught me not to enter into another relationship that might require more of me than I could deliver. I can give a lot to people, but I have to give only what I can manage. If I commit to more than that, I get lost in the shuffle. That's all I can think that I've learned from it all. I just don't have what it takes to take stress and pressure and do it with grace.

I wish I had a better answer for you, but at this moment, that's all that's coming to me.
CherylB is online now  
Old 07-27-2012, 08:06 PM   #891
Big Yapper!
 
CherylB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 19,381
Gallery: CherylB
FYI: Please don't feel like you have to say something in response to what I wrote. I realize it can seem overwhelming when heard all at one time. I'm not trying to be sensational, it's just my life. I don't want to scare anyone away. Don't feel like you need to come up with something to say. It's not possible! Let's face it.
CherylB is online now  
Old 07-28-2012, 03:13 AM   #892
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 103
Gallery: BluJ
I feel your pain!! Hugs to you!
BluJ is offline  
Old 07-28-2012, 05:49 AM   #893
Senior LCF Member
 
EmBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 284
Gallery: EmBee
Stats: 262/231.4/130
WOE: VLCD hHCG
Start Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Lastly, you asked me how I thought those experiences made me into a better person. I'd have to say that they taught me not to enter into another relationship that might require more of me than I could deliver. I can give a lot to people, but I have to give only what I can manage. If I commit to more than that, I get lost in the shuffle. That's all I can think that I've learned from it all. I just don't have what it takes to take stress and pressure and do it with grace.

I wish I had a better answer for you, but at this moment, that's all that's coming to me.
You know I am probably just stating the OBVIOUS that you are a very very caring person and have been so drained emotionally (and physically) you are just tired! (JMO) And anytime you give of yourself wholeheartedly it takes a LOT out of you and you did it for a looong time. I heard once that when you have a baby (bear with me a minute) it takes 9 months to make the thing and then 9-11 mos to recover from it... I am wondering if it is the same with anything else. . You have had ALOT happen to you (not a pity party) Over a long period of time. I can honestly say it took me a long time to find my motivation again. You will, but at the same hand try not to think so hard about reaching the weight loss goal, but doing the things that make you feel good, that you can do right now. (not the temporary ones that make you feel bad later, like for me, TOTAL CHOCOLATE CAKE....ummm, for my good friend Gin and Tonic)But good nutrition for stress repair (Rhodiola and Ginseng are awesome for this) A pretty flower on the table to look at or a pedicure . All of those...I love a good smultzy English movie too. Guess what it sounds like you have a good crew here pulling for you...I know I am!!!

Find 3 beautiful things each day to be thankful for ...Here is the first one, God Loves you so much he is looking for ways to show you everyday! ... Sorry for getting the preach on ...hahahaha.
EmBee is offline  
Old 07-28-2012, 06:02 AM   #894
Senior LCF Member
 
EmBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 284
Gallery: EmBee
Stats: 262/231.4/130
WOE: VLCD hHCG
Start Date: May 2012
oooo ooo I thought of another one, the smell of vanilla and Orange makes me feel good .
EmBee is offline  
Old 07-28-2012, 02:54 PM   #895
Big Yapper!
 
CherylB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 19,381
Gallery: CherylB
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmBee View Post
You know I am probably just stating the OBVIOUS that you are a very very caring person and have been so drained emotionally (and physically) you are just tired! (JMO) And anytime you give of yourself wholeheartedly it takes a LOT out of you and you did it for a looong time. I heard once that when you have a baby (bear with me a minute) it takes 9 months to make the thing and then 9-11 mos to recover from it... I am wondering if it is the same with anything else. . You have had ALOT happen to you (not a pity party) Over a long period of time. I can honestly say it took me a long time to find my motivation again. You will, but at the same hand try not to think so hard about reaching the weight loss goal, but doing the things that make you feel good, that you can do right now. (not the temporary ones that make you feel bad later, like for me, TOTAL CHOCOLATE CAKE....ummm, for my good friend Gin and Tonic)But good nutrition for stress repair (Rhodiola and Ginseng are awesome for this) A pretty flower on the table to look at or a pedicure . All of those...I love a good smultzy English movie too. Guess what it sounds like you have a good crew here pulling for you...I know I am!!!

Find 3 beautiful things each day to be thankful for ...Here is the first one, God Loves you so much he is looking for ways to show you everyday! ... Sorry for getting the preach on ...hahahaha.
Thank you, BluJ and EmBee. I appreciate it that you care. I agree that I need to let go of the goal number and just work at being happy in my own skin. My skin is considerably bloated right now and I need to make some serious changes. I can't believe my weight is up this high again. It is beyond belief.

What motivates me is not getting thin in order to find love (which is what motivates many women to lose weight and get back in shape.) I want to lead this equestrian life and I can't do it at this weight. It's much too taxing on my body and riding lessons are out of the question. But I will fix those images of myself in my mind as I sweat and put forth the effort to get to where I want to be.

The fundraiser was good today. I got there about 0900 and left to come home around 4:45pm. It started to rain like mad around 2:30 and it never let up. It was blowing sideways! I had to go outside eventually to bring things to my car, as many of us did. We were soaked to the bone.

The band was killer! Classic rock band with a less than wonderful vocalist but after a while, I even started to like him. They were playing as if to a full house and yet we didn't have a big turn-out. It was impressive. We applauded a lot more toward the last portion of their performance because they just kept getting better and giving more and more of themselves. They are called, "Marshall Law."

I bought $5 worth of raffle tickets and I won a nice metal planter hanger that is a horse with a split-rail fence in the background. (Made in China, as everything is today.) It makes me smile to look at it, though. My souvenir for the first fundraiser I got involved in for this riding center.

We would have made a killing if we were selling the beer and liquor! Man! That was the stuff that was selling. Our waters and soda didn't move a whole lot. Well, maybe the sodas sold better. I took so many waters back home with me. The opened cartons will go to the riding center and some I'll keep for my birthday party next Saturday. The three unopened cartons (plastic wrapped bottles of 35) will be returned. I'd have returned four cartons but some dope opened one to take about two bottles out, when we had a whole cooler packed with opened ones.

I helped do the registration. Actually, my job at that table was to place the colored bands around people's wrists after they paid and to give them a ticket for one free water or soda. I started asking each person how they heard of our event and jotted it down for future reference. I thought it would help us to market it again next year.

A few of the volunteers knocked back a 750ml bottle of flavored vodka that had been donated to be raffled off, but we weren't allowed to raffle booze. So, they took care of that! I only wish I could have seen them. I was outside under a canopy with a few of the boozers later on and you could see who drank the most! She earned it though. She really did a lot for the event and she spent a lot of her own money.

I don't think anyone played with the Boccie balls I brought. I put their soggy selves back into their bag and put them back into my trunk. I helped with a lot of the clean up and after I'd gotten all the waters loaded up and the band said their goodbyes, I decided it was time for me to say goodbye, too. I had done enough.

I did NOT want to get up this morning. I hit the snooze for a full hour. Thankfully I kept one eye on the clock cause after one hour, it stopped going off. I would have overslept for sure. I got up with little time to spare and dragged myself off to the bathroom and then out the door. Still got there before 9. I'm anal about being early. NEVER late.

Sissy got let out twice by my neighbor who would then text me how Sissy was doing. I thought that was cute. She wouldn't go potty the second time she put her out cause it was raining so hard. When I got home, she was so happy to see me that she wouldn't even eat! I finally got her fed and out the door. Now we're chillin' indoors together. No more roaming for me! Home and down for the count.

Have a good night, ladies. I'll be around but I have to get through all the new posts on my subscribed threads. I'm almost there!

Last edited by CherylB; 07-28-2012 at 03:14 PM..
CherylB is online now  
Old 07-28-2012, 03:39 PM   #896
Senior LCF Member
 
EmBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 284
Gallery: EmBee
Stats: 262/231.4/130
WOE: VLCD hHCG
Start Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Thank you, BluJ and EmBee. I appreciate it that you care. I agree that I need to let go of the goal number and just work at being happy in my own skin. My skin is considerably bloated right now and I need to make some serious changes. I can't believe my weight is up this high again. It is beyond belief.

What motivates me is not getting thin in order to find love (which is what motivates many women to lose weight and get back in shape.) I want to lead this equestrian life and I can't do it at this weight. It's much too taxing on my body and riding lessons are out of the question. But I will fix those images of myself in my mind as I sweat and put forth the effort to get to where I want to be.

The fundraiser was good today. I got there about 0900 and left to come home around 4:45pm. It started to rain like mad around 2:30 and it never let up. It was blowing sideways! I had to go outside eventually to bring things to my car, as many of us did. We were soaked to the bone.

The band was killer! Classic rock band with a less than wonderful vocalist but after a while, I even started to like him. They were playing as if to a full house and yet we didn't have a big turn-out. It was impressive. We applauded a lot more toward the last portion of their performance because they just kept getting better and giving more and more of themselves. They are called, "Marshall Law."

I bought $5 worth of raffle tickets and I won a nice metal planter hanger that is a horse with a split-rail fence in the background. (Made in China, as everything is today.) It makes me smile to look at it, though. My souvenir for the first fundraiser I got involved in for this riding center.

We would have made a killing if we were selling the beer and liquor! Man! That was the stuff that was selling. Our waters and soda didn't move a whole lot. Well, maybe the sodas sold better. I took so many waters back home with me. The opened cartons will go to the riding center and some I'll keep for my birthday party next Saturday. The three unopened cartons (plastic wrapped bottles of 35) will be returned. I'd have returned four cartons but some dope opened one to take about two bottles out, when we had a whole cooler packed with opened ones.

I helped do the registration. Actually, my job at that table was to place the colored bands around people's wrists after they paid and to give them a ticket for one free water or soda. I started asking each person how they heard of our event and jotted it down for future reference. I thought it would help us to market it again next year.

A few of the volunteers knocked back a 750ml bottle of flavored vodka that had been donated to be raffled off, but we weren't allowed to raffle booze. So, they took care of that! I only wish I could have seen them. I was outside under a canopy with a few of the boozers later on and you could see who drank the most! She earned it though. She really did a lot for the event and she spent a lot of her own money.

I don't think anyone played with the Boccie balls I brought. I put their soggy selves back into their bag and put them back into my trunk. I helped with a lot of the clean up and after I'd gotten all the waters loaded up and the band said their goodbyes, I decided it was time for me to say goodbye, too. I had done enough.

I did NOT want to get up this morning. I hit the snooze for a full hour. Thankfully I kept one eye on the clock cause after one hour, it stopped going off. I would have overslept for sure. I got up with little time to spare and dragged myself off to the bathroom and then out the door. Still got there before 9. I'm anal about being early. NEVER late.

Sissy got let out twice by my neighbor who would then text me how Sissy was doing. I thought that was cute. She wouldn't go potty the second time she put her out cause it was raining so hard. When I got home, she was so happy to see me that she wouldn't even eat! I finally got her fed and out the door. Now we're chillin' indoors together. No more roaming for me! Home and down for the count.

Have a good night, ladies. I'll be around but I have to get through all the new posts on my subscribed threads. I'm almost there!

Wow what a crazy day...I would be crashing as well
EmBee is offline  
Old 07-28-2012, 06:09 PM   #897
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
tay65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: comfy couch
Posts: 3,447
Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
I had alot of reading to do. I've been busy, busy, busy!
You know I think you are amazing. You always do so much more for others than you do for yourself. Maybe thats why you chose being an RN.
You had a good time listening to the band and watching the drunk ppl?! hahaha
I took Chloe to a whiskey rebellion festival today. They had a petting area with goats a few lambs, but they wouldn't let her in. Not big enough. She watched them though and she looked at the horse and pony they had for little rides. But not much interested.
Chloe's with her dad for the night. My dd cried when she left. We saw videos of her while she was there last time and she was comfortable there. Now we'll see tomorrow how tired she is, then we'll know how she slept. That will determine how many sleepovers she'll have there til shes older.
are you losing any weight now? I know you had lost some. Give it some time. It takes a while to adapt to new eating plans. You know!
well, I will be around to see if you post some more! I'm home alone! uh - ohhhh!
tay65 is offline  
Old 07-28-2012, 07:03 PM   #898
Big Yapper!
 
CherylB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 19,381
Gallery: CherylB
I'm so glad you got to see a video of Chloe over there. You can see that all is going well and that must give you peace of mind. I hope this sleep-over goes perfectly and that she comes home, no worse for wear. I know you all must miss her so much when she's gone that long. Can't say I blame you.

It was just interesting to view someone who was farther ahead in the intoxication department than I was! I had three beers while there but I spaced them out so they didn't "compound." But this girl's eyes were so glassy and she was so lubed.

That festival sounds like it was fun! I wish they would have allowed Chloe inside. I love petting zoos, even at my age. They make me feel like a kid again. I get my goat/horse/bunny fixes at the farm. But I wouldn't turn down a sheep-fix, either.

I'm in a holding pattern right now. I did well the first week then the second week I practiced a little too much freedom. That and many sleepless nights lead to eating and drinking more than I should have, so basically I didn't follow the No S plan this past week. I have to try much harder and plan things better.

I am going to head off to sleepy-bye land now. I hope I can get to bed at least by midnight or 1am. I'd settle for that. That would be a huge improvement! But this coming week will see some major changes in my lifestyle. I'm going to have to get headed in the right direction and in a very big way. I feel huge.

Looks like you're down a little more today! So the fat fast didn't get in the way? How did you feel after eating what you ate on the fast day? Would you do it again? You're doing great, Tammy. Just stick to plan and you'll see the 80's in no time.
CherylB is online now  
Old 07-29-2012, 07:25 AM   #899
Senior LCF Member
 
keepingcupsfull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 174
Gallery: keepingcupsfull
Stats: 250/? /155
WOE: Rx Hcg pellets
I appreciate you taking the time to share part of your life with me. You asked me not to say anything so I won't.

Just know one thing, by sharing of yourself YOU are helping the world be a better place. I for one learn from others and their experiences in life.


The fundraiser sounds like it was time well spent. I've found that when giving of myself to help others, I'm the one who gets so much more in return.

As far as a plan for eating. Take it one meal at a time and see what happens with that. Im not a good one to give advice.

My mom is young she had me at 20. The lights out made me think , it was good we had a cake for her as I feel it was a sign it was the right thing to do. I don't believe in my heart she will have another birthday here on earth.

I have a free day today. Mom is with her best friend,my godmother today at a bridal shower. I want to take my daughters school shopping as a surprise. If they ever get out of bed...
I'm STS again today 169.

More rain expected her today.
Enjoy your Sunday..

Embee I love orange vanilla seltzer. Great job on the scale. Good for you.

I hear the girls up. Be back tonight.

Bee
keepingcupsfull is offline  
Old 07-29-2012, 09:43 AM   #900
Big Yapper!
 
CherylB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 19,381
Gallery: CherylB
Thank you, Bee. That alone makes sharing all worthwhile.

I went wrong in multiple ways so far on this plan, but mostly in a liquid way. I like beer and I started out drinking two with my two pm meals, but on nights when I can't sleep and the hours are ticking by, I've eaten more and drank more. Then the whole premise of the plan falls apart. One beer is 100 calories. When you drink enough of them, you might as well order a pizza.

Today is an S day but I am treating it as an N day and I am going to straighten up and fly right. I'm out of beer and I'm going to stay out of beer until the party on Saturday. This is a change that I have to make, on multiple levels. I can't afford to include beer into my daily life. Diet-wise or financially. I am BROKE.

I'm glad you had a cake for your mom, too. I wish she could have many more happy and healthy birthdays (and Christmas's, Thanksgivings, New Years Eve's) with you and your family. But since that's not likely to happen, make the most of the moments you have left.

Have fun school shopping with your daughters! It's good to have free days sometimes. Lets you focus on the other important people in your life. Enjoy your Sunday, too. I'm going to take this one very easy and at home. I need to finally refill the bird feeders. Poor babies are out there fighting each other over what's left.

I've never heard of orange vanilla seltzer. I will have to keep my eyes "pealed." Hahahaha! I love those unexpected, natural puns.

Later, lovely ladies. Off to read the rest of my threads.
CherylB is online now  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:21 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.