Old 07-23-2012, 10:31 AM   #841
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EmBee
Stats: 262/231.4/130
WOE: VLCD hHCG
Start Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
What's P+W? I usually would prefer music when I'm working out but now that the treadmill is in the same room as the desktop computer, I chose to go with streaming video. Much better distraction and no annoying commercials.

I was awake all night again. Didn't get a nap in until almost 10 am and then I woke at 1. It will have to suffice. Was stormy this morning. We got lots of rain and lots of thunder. Now the sun is back out and I'm happy. Looks like my barn day won't be a wash-out after all.

Talk again later. Hugs!

YAY on the Barn day...P&W (Praise and Worship )...I like to mix it all up..haha

Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2012, 10:42 AM   #842
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
OH! I love that kind of Christian music the best. Not into the "aerobic" kind. But P&W is the best. Need to be in the right frame of mind for it, though. Don't ever want it to be background noise, iykwim.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:45 AM   #843
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EmBee
Stats: 262/231.4/130
WOE: VLCD hHCG
Start Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
OH! I love that kind of Christian music the best. Not into the "aerobic" kind. But P&W is the best. Need to be in the right frame of mind for it, though. Don't ever want it to be background noise, iykwim.
I absolutely understand that
Old 07-23-2012, 03:41 PM   #844
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: keepingcupsfull
Stats: 250/? /155
WOE: Rx Hcg pellets
Glad to hear you are doing well Cheryl. The no S plan seems to agree with you. Had a great weekend with Mom. Created great memories working on her bucket list. She is aware of how sick she is. So I'm happy about that. Shes also happy I am living in reality too. She asked me if I thought she would be gone by Christmas.... I said no the bucket list is too long for me to to help you complete by then. She also told me where my Christmas present is if she doesn't make it. I laughed and said guess you are buying me two presents this year because we are still going to shop like we do every year..

She seems in good spirits ,so I'm thankful for that and the time I have with her.
She has no other major issues than the cancer in breast, lung and spine. SHe did have polio as a child so she walks with a limp.

She said hospice is fine when the time comes. So that's good news. I think it's too soon now too. I will see how she is after treatment is complete with the results of the scans.

My pellets must have gone bad as with the new ones I have no hunger and am nauseous. I was very sick while pregnant so maybe it's the hhcg. Down 4 pound over the weekend. Hope tomorrow puts me in the 160's. I haven't been this low in 20 years. Today at work many folks said how thin I've gotten. I actually have tailored clothes on today, so it's noticeable. I will stop at 165 because I want a number I can maintain and I'm happy in an 8 10 This is good enough for me.

I walked 12 miles and painted 5 hours so I expected a gain. Thankfully it didn't happen.
Storms rolling thru here now so I need to go put the patio stuff away....bbl
Old 07-23-2012, 05:53 PM   #845
Big Yapper!

(Here's a copy/paste from another thread I just posted on. After this I will respond to the new posts here.)

Oh, ladies. I am just totally WASTED tonight after my 3 hr and 15 minute equine day. I was completely saturated with sweat from head to toe. I drank water like it was going out of style and it was the only thing that kept me vertical. I actually felt the slightest twinge of nausea like I could have puked if I kept working at that intensity in this heat.

It was only 80 degrees (according to my car thermometer, but I really don't believe it) but it had to be 100% humidity. In the distance, thunder rolled over and over but rain never came. I was hoping it would! I was already wet so why not also be refreshed? OMG, I just can't take heat and humidity. I was on the verge of death.

Stopped at the liquor store on the way home, sweat-soaked clothes covered in horse hair and all. I didn't care! I needed to have some cold ones tonight. So dinner consisted of a hot dog in a bun with brown mustard and some sauerkraut and 2 beers. I am as content as a kitten laying in a sun beam. I love No S!!!!

I am so GLAD I didn't do the treadmill today, too. I had no idea how horrid it was going to be out there today. I kicked butt and even got to groom two of the horses (that aren't being used in program right now.) They were both shedding BEASTS! I can't say I could blame them. If I were them, I wouldn't want any of my fur left on me at all! Not until the end of September, for sure.

So I pealed off my sopping wet clothes and slid into the shower. OMG! Heaven! Now I have that hot dog and two beers swimming around in my belly and blood stream and I couldn't feel much better.

I hope you all have a great night.

PS: ETA, I forgot something else that happened at the farm that was really out of the ordinary. A guy came up and asked if one of us could give him a short ride back to his house. He'd run out of gas in his car and just parked it in our lot. I said I would do that but then I started getting a weird feeling like maybe he was an ax murderer or something. Once I got the story straight, I decided to risk it and I drove him just a 1/4 mile or less to his house to get his gasoline container. It was full to the brim and we were on our way back to the farm in no time. Turned out he was very thankful and I was not living in regret.

Last edited by CherylB; 07-23-2012 at 06:53 PM..
Old 07-23-2012, 06:02 PM   #846
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingcupsfull View Post
Glad to hear you are doing well Cheryl. The no S plan seems to agree with you. Had a great weekend with Mom. Created great memories working on her bucket list. She is aware of how sick she is. So I'm happy about that. Shes also happy I am living in reality too. She asked me if I thought she would be gone by Christmas.... I said no the bucket list is too long for me to to help you complete by then. She also told me where my Christmas present is if she doesn't make it. I laughed and said guess you are buying me two presents this year because we are still going to shop like we do every year..

She seems in good spirits ,so I'm thankful for that and the time I have with her.
She has no other major issues than the cancer in breast, lung and spine. SHe did have polio as a child so she walks with a limp.

She said hospice is fine when the time comes. So that's good news. I think it's too soon now too. I will see how she is after treatment is complete with the results of the scans.

My pellets must have gone bad as with the new ones I have no hunger and am nauseous. I was very sick while pregnant so maybe it's the hhcg. Down 4 pound over the weekend. Hope tomorrow puts me in the 160's. I haven't been this low in 20 years. Today at work many folks said how thin I've gotten. I actually have tailored clothes on today, so it's noticeable. I will stop at 165 because I want a number I can maintain and I'm happy in an 8 10 This is good enough for me.

I walked 12 miles and painted 5 hours so I expected a gain. Thankfully it didn't happen.
Storms rolling thru here now so I need to go put the patio stuff away....bbl
KCF, I'm so touched that you shared this with me. I understand how hard it is to lose a parent. Back in 2001, my Father had a massive hemorrhagic stroke and died of complications 6 weeks later. He didn't want to fight it and we put him in a hospice facility. He was comfortable and at peace and it was what he clearly wanted. I was happy to be able to be there with him in FL when it happened. I always felt it was meant to be.

A year before that, my husband passed. Three months before he died, his grandmother passed suddenly at the age of 93. We were in CA to visit her and if not for the fact that my husband's parents also had the same idea, we would have seen her one last time. At least we were there for the funeral.

And three months after my husband passed, I flew home to CT to be here as my step father was breathing his last. Yep. I lost four people in a 17 month period of time. I don't know how I ever survived it but here I am.

Do whatever you can to be with your Mom. I know the rest of your obligations are bound to suffer but you'll be so glad that you made that choice in the end. I'm happy to hear you are both in a good place, about this whole thing. That makes all the difference in the world.

So what's on her bucket list??? I am interested to know what's going to get checked off and what might be a bit tougher to accomplish. God bless you both.

Last edited by CherylB; 07-23-2012 at 06:04 PM..
Old 07-23-2012, 08:43 PM   #847
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
KCF, you're a very good daughter!
Cheryl, you had quite a day! Idk if I would've given the guy a ride. Nowadays you have to be cautious. Its a shame.
How long are you usually at the center? Working out in heat AND humidity is not fun. The horses thank you though.
Losing 4 loved ones in such a short time had to be so difficult. I can't imagine it. My parents are both still alive so I haven't experienced that loss. I also have a grandma alive (shes close to 80). Listen to this.....she and my mom were preggo at the same time! I have an uncle who is the same age as me for 3 months! LOL!
Well, I'm tired so going to sleep. ttyt!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
Old 07-24-2012, 10:04 AM   #848
Big Yapper!

I know I was taking a chance with the guy. The longer I had to think about it, the more concerned I got. Then when I saw where his car was and let him into the passenger seat, I went around to the driver's side and said, "So tell me again what we're doing?" And after he explained it once more, I decided I'd believe him. He was totally telling the truth and he didn't live far at all. I thank God it was all okay. Truthfully, we need to be cautious and wise but we also need to do unto others as we'd like them to do unto us. I firmly believe that.

What an adorable new Avi!!! Keep that one up for a long time, please!!!

I don't need to go as early as I do (to the farm) but I have tried going later in the shift, waiting until closer to the time when the other volunteer shows up (on Tuesdays) and it just doesn't feel right or "sit right" with me. I think the important thing is we need to just be who we are and work as hard as we feel driven to work and not take it personally or get resentful that others don't have that need or desire. I am learning all sorts of life lessons working there!

I generally appear there at 3:45, then I leave sometime between 6-7 pm. It all depends on what else is going on there that day. When there are therapy lessons (which now there are lessons on both of my days,) things take longer to get done. You can't feed the horses their grain until they are both (the paired horses) ready to eat at the same time. If one is being used in a lesson, that throws everything off. And grooming is different on lesson days because the horses being used in program get groomed by the team leaders. It just takes some extra thought and planning to work on days when lessons are happening.

I groomed Calvin and Cowboy yesterday since neither of them were being used in a lesson. They were both filthy, shedding fools, too. But I just love them!! I can't get enough. I am so tired when I leave there but it's the best kind of tired there is. I particularly enjoy using the knobby rubber brush on them (Curry comb/brush). It loosens the dirt and hair but I feel like I'm giving them an all-over massage and scratching to sooth all those bug bites.

Today is going to be a carbon copy of yesterday. UGH! I will wear a sleeveless shirt and just use more bug repellent. Come what may, I must survive the day. More storms moving through. They haven't cancelled the classes today, either. It's terrible! What are they thinking? I know the "show must go on" but come on. I can't wait for them to raise the money they need to get the arena all enclosed!!! Oh, happy day.

It was by far the worst time in my life, and I'd had many "worst times" before. I was totally numb and just going through the motions. Getting ready for work, doing my 12 hour shift, coming home, drinking and passing out. I smoked back then, too. I was in much worse shape than I am today, even with my regained weight. I'm healthier than I was then. And I'm going to be a ton healthier than I am now, if I stay on this plan! I think by the new year, I'll be close to where I was at my lowest weight last September. And I won't even have felt like I was dieting.

Wow! That's cool about having a 3 month older uncle. Your grandma is the same age as my mother! She's turning 81 in October. She had me when she was 31. I was the last in a string of five girls. Baby-making machine!

I think I'm all caught-up on sleep after last night, even though Cisco came and sat by my bed in the middle of the night. I didn't know what she wanted but suddenly it dawned on me that she needed to go potty. When I figured it out and got out of bed, she started getting all wired. She had some kind of bowel episode. I always had a dog door so she never learned really how to let me know she had to go out. In the other house we had hard wood floors and she'd pace in and out of the bedroom until I noticed her. If I didn't notice and she didn't get let out, she went upstairs and used my exercise room for a bathroom (She chose the least used room in the house! Hahahaha.)

It's 1 pm now and I need to force myself out the door earlier today, so I can run to Walmart and the gas station before I go to the farm. I am way too nasty to go shopping afterward and I need to pick up $30 worth of bottled water for Saturday's "Hogs for Horses" fund raiser. I'll be there all day and I said I'd bring some water. I hope we are allowed to get into the place on Friday so we can put all the drinks into the coolers. They are predicting rain for Saturday, but I hope it's more like storms that develop later in the afternoon. We need a good day!

I've been living up to my title of "Big Yapper" the past few days, haven't I? I think it's all this iced coffee. Zing! Have a lovely, cool, safe day!!

Last edited by CherylB; 07-24-2012 at 10:15 AM..
Old 07-24-2012, 11:29 AM   #849
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi cheryl, I agree about doing unto others.....BUT not at the expense of geting hurt. Thats good you "listened" to your instincts. WTG! Us women were born with that for a reason! LOL I'm sure he was really grateful for your help. And I'm sure he didn't expect a woman to help him.
I'm sitting here with chloe on my lap. Shes watching this little kid show that has a band on it. They sing and dance the whole show and she loves it. Glad ya like chloe's bath pic! That was last night. She loves bath time.
well, had to stop and put chloe to sleep! Now shes snoring! LOL
Hope your day with the horses wasn't too bad. I'm thinkin about ya while laying here in the a/c! hahahaha Its raining now so maybe it will cool down. Did it rain there?
Update on my weight....today I'm up .4 bc I tried the P2 chili yesterday. I gained on it before but wanted to try it again. I haven't eaten rice krispies or the ff beef hot dogs this round either. Pretty much sticking to the P2 foods, just eating more protein.
Have to run for now.... ttyl
Old 07-24-2012, 06:11 PM   #850
Big Yapper!

That's so strange that P2 chili makes you gain. What do you put in it? Is it the beef you think? Hmmm.

I agree that we shouldn't throw caution to the wind but I think we gain more than we lose when we take risks to help others. I'm reminded of the scripture which I'll have to paraphrase for right now: He who saves his life will lose it, and he who loses his life will keep it. Something like that. I think if we are more concerned about ourselves than we are about others, that's where it comes back to bite us in the you-know-what. At some point, we have to trust that God has our back.

We got thunder and lots of threatening looking skies but only got a few sprinkles. Well, that's what we got at the farm. My sister who lives west of me got "sheets of rain" today. Wild, huh? CT seems like such a small state but the weather from one side to the other can be night and day. (Or north to south.)

So, how is this round going for you, considering you're skipping rice krispies and ff hot dogs? Do you see a difference? If not, maybe you can go back to the old things that worked for you and brought you pleasure.

Chloe snores?? LMAO! How long has she done that? That's so strange for a baby to snore. I wonder if she has an obstruction in her nasal passages or sinuses. I hope not! God bless that little munchkin.

I'm happily inside and enjoying my a/c now, too. I got home and watered all the outside plants, then did the "poop patrol" in the yard. It hadn't been done in quite some time which makes me wonder if I'm the only one doing it. :/ Gross, man. At least when the landlady comes to mow, I'll know most of the stuff was picked up. My dog has clearly been eating something when I'm not looking. Maybe deer scat or something. I picked up everything that was poop, regardless of where it seemed to have come from. Dang dog!

I'm watching the season finale of Deadliest Catch. My favorite show! OMG, it is a hair-raiser. Will be watching one more hour of it and then the last "After the Catch" show that is an interview in a bar-setting with the captains and crew of the show. It will have my attention until it's over.

Golly gee! I forgot to mention the water I bought today at Walmart. I had been given a $20 bill from the woman who is the head honcho for the fundraiser this Saturday. I said I'd buy $10 worth of water myself. Well, come to find out, Freaking CT charges 5 cents deposit on bottles of water!!! I couldn't believe it! I had 8 containers of 35 bottles each and had to put one container back and still had to pay $8 more than I intended. For 7 flats of 35 bottles, I paid $12.50 in deposits alone! I hate CT!!!!

Now I have to set up several receptacles to try and get people to throw their bottles and cans into for the deposit returns. I know I've always tossed water bottles into just regular recycle receptacles. Live and learn. I won't be buying bottled water ever again.

I hope this post isn't all over the place, since I wrote it with only half of my attention span during commercials. Here it is, for better or worse!! So glad that my barn days are done for the week. Time to seriously chill.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:14 PM   #851
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Chloe has always snored. SHE SLEEPS WITH HER MOUTH OPEN!!! It can be pretty loud too. Idk if she has issues. I'll mention it to my dd and have her talk to the dr about it. I doubt if they'd do anything anyways bc shes too little.
Now you can relax! Thats a shame about the bottled water. I love bottled water. Mainly bc sometimes water here can taste terrible and smell of chlorine. Yuk! But I'd def try to get as many of those bottles back.
Tonights temp is going down to 55*! Turning a/c off! Back to 85* tomorrow though & a/c back on! LOL
Idk about eating th rice krispies this time. I've thought about the hot dogs though. They are just so quick to make! My losses are def bigger without them. And I dont want to do this any longer than I absolutely need to. I think wherever I am in 9 days is where I'll end it with hHCG and then lose the rest the "hard" way.
well, getting late so ttyt!
Old 07-24-2012, 08:25 PM   #852
Big Yapper!

I bought a Brita filter when I moved into the duplex. I don't like drinking tap water and the other place I lived had a water filter in the refrigerator door. Granted, it was well over-due for a new filter but the water always tasted great to me. I just don't trust city water. I did ask the water company for a water report to be emailed to me and they sent me one. Thankfully, no chlorine or fluoride. But I still filter all my water, unless I'm just boiling something in it.

You really ARE doing good this round! I just looked over at your stats. WTG, woman! If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I'm glad you'll be mentioning the snoring to your dd so she can at least talk it over with her Dr. Better to be safe, ya know? I just love that Avi! Wish it was bigger so I could see the details better. Can you post it as an attachment so I can open it up? Pretty please?

I'm off to bed myself. I am thrilled that my barn days are done and I made it through unscathed. Now I go back to daily treadmill workouts! I'll still be sweating but for a good cause. This time I'll be cranking up that a/c and blowing the fan at full speed. Closing the door to the workout room and going at it full-bore. Three miles, in as quick a time as I can manage it. I don't want to push myself into jogging this first week, though. I tend to progress too quickly out of impatience and then I get a shin splint or a bad blister or something and I "shoot myself in the foot."

Night, ladies! Sleep tight.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:57 PM   #853
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've been trying to figure out how to do attachments on my phone, but can't. So I put the new pics in my photo album (Chloe, my granddaughter).
Yep! Still awake, but starting to get tired now. Went to the mall with my dd while she got her nails done. Chloe and I walked around & around. She enjoyed it. I bought her Dora shoes and she loves them. LOL She's so easy to please. Too bad she won't stay that way! LOL
Well, gonna go. Be back tomorrow, God willing.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:57 PM   #854
Big Yapper!

I'm still awake, too. I was getting sleepy but I couldn't seal the deal. Guess it's going to be another long night. No biggie cause I can sleep the day away if I need to.

I viewed your pics and they are great! She's got such a cute expression on her face in the bathtub one. And she surely loves her new PJ's! PJ's are the best things in the world.

Hope you're fast asleep by now. Just about 3 am here. Yeesh.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:33 AM   #855
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I fell asleep right after I posted! Great news here! I had a whoosh fairy visit me!!! Down 1.5 from yesterday, so after 12 days I'm down 10.8 lbs! I thought I'd be up after forgetting to tell McDonalds no whipped cream on my iced latte. I had a hot one at the mall and they used reg caramel flavoring & so does mcdonalds. Imagine that! But I did request skim milk. LOL I'm just so excited over this big drop. Please excuse me. hahahaha
Chloe loves the camera! Like mother like daughter! LOL
Its gonna be a hot one today.....stayin indoors! Gonna talk hubby in to grilled steaks today. Or atleast try to. Maybe I can if I say I'll cook the sides.
Well, I'll be back later.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:55 AM   #856
Big Yapper!

THAT'S AWESOME!!!!! Tammy, Woohoooooooo! What a gift! Those whoosh days sure carry a person through and propel them forward, don't they? I enjoyed those, for sure.

I've never had an iced latte from McDonalds. I don't have any idea what they put into those (or at Dunkin Donuts) so I try to steer clear. I make my own iced coffees at home now and they are fantabulous! Sipping on one right now. I just brew a pot of coffee and add two more scoops of coffee grounds to the basket than I would if I were drinking it hot. Then I turn the warmer to "0" so it will shut off right after brewing. When it's chilled down enough, I pour it into a large Rubbermaid container and brew another pot. I can fit 3 pots into this one container. Then it goes into the refrigerator for many easy pours that lasts for days (since there's ice in the mugs, less room for the coffee.) Yummy!

For sweetener and cream, I use 5 drops of Ez Sweetz and one oz of half and half. Perfect every time.

Yep, will be hot here, too. I have no plans. I'm so glad I did poop patrol last night when I got back from the farm because the landlady mowed today. I was still asleep when I heard it going. I heard it conk out a few times and thought she was having mower trouble, but when I got up, the whole lawn had been mowed. I love renting!!

Enjoy your grilled steak tonight! And I hope that happy whoosh-glow lasts for days.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:09 AM   #857
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sleeping beauty arose! LOL I've been up since 9!
We get our lawn mowed by the neighbor. Neither one of us (me or hubby) can push a mower. He has bad shoulders, both have been operated on and have screws in them. So its money well spent. Its kept nice too. If Shawn were here, he'd do it.
Speaking of Shawn, hes out in the field in the heat. He texted me Monday and said 10 guys fell out. I told him drink, drink, drink! He knows. We taught him well. He has remembered everything we have told him and he's done well. I'm so proud of him. Cheryl, for a while I was worried. He was incredibly homesick for sooo long.
Oh! Getting my grilled steak!!!! Yeahhhhh buddy! hehehe I didnt even have to negotiate bc he brought it up first!
I'll bbl, ttys! Enjoy ur nice relaxing day!
Old 07-25-2012, 10:11 AM   #858
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh! I'm going to attempt my own iced coffee! wish me alot of luck!
Old 07-25-2012, 10:31 AM   #859
Big Yapper!

I'm so glad to hear how well Shawn is doing. I love to see how the military makes boys into men. I've seen it time and again and it always amazes me. And to see how they change even physically is mind-boggling. It's like they are on roids or something!

Yea about that steak and not even having to bring it up! I need to get a new regulator for my new-to-me bbq grill. It started leaking and I can't use it at all until I get that replaced. I'd really rather buy a new grill cause I don't like this one much (cheesy) but I can't swing that this year. I bought 10 raffle tickets for a drawing that will be at the end of August. The grand prize is the fanciest bbq grill I've ever seen in my life. Perhaps I'll win it! Anything is possible.

I'm sorry to hear that hubby is in bad shape, too. You two remind me of my sister and her husband. He was very capable and strong for years up until he had a few car accidents. He's injured his knees, his neck and his back all in collisions that were no fault of his own. Now he's living on borrowed time and knows that he has to go on permanent disability soon. And once he gives into that, they need to sell their home and buy something smaller and less expensive. Talk about heartache. I know they are ready to do that but it will be very sad for all of us. Their home has always been where we've gotten together as a family all these many years.

Even stranger still will be when their son (who just got married here) finally gets out of school and settles down with his new wife (who currently lives an hour away from her new hubby) finally get a home together and start a family. Wherever that ends up being, that is where my sister and her husband will move to. They have always lived in CT and they are the main reason I moved back here to stay. It will be a tough decision for me when that day comes. I guess it will all depend on if my Mother ends of tagging along with them. If all three of them leave, then I guess I will have to follow, too.

I still have the rest of my family here, but they are the heart of my world. I can't imagine what life in CT would be like without them. But truthfully, I love this duplex so much and I'm so happy with my life at the farm and I have such hopes of it becoming a part time job someday, that I wonder if I could give all that up. I know that they will most likely settle on the East Coast, so it would likely be in the Carolina's or someplace like that. I really would prefer to head Westward again, where the humidity is low. Anyway, I'm just rambling and I need to stop this conversation for now. It gets us nowhere to contemplate things that are so far from materializing. Too many variables and it can't be foreseen.

I hope your iced coffees come out good! I use 8 scoops of coffee when I make it hot, but if I make the iced coffees, I use 10. Seems plenty strong for me.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:49 AM   #860
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You'll know what to do when the time comes to decide. Like you said, its too far away to think about.
I would love to move to another state. I'm sick of Pa! Somewhere where the winters aren't horrible. But we've had a couple mild winters now. Thats been nice. I'm terrified of falling (it could cripple me for life).
Heres a story for ya! I was in a wheelchair for a little bit and I managed. But not what I want for the rest of my life. I got out of that damn thing and walked with a walker for months. Then one day in March, a few yrs ago, I went outside and took my cane with me. I walked in a small circle in our driveway. I gradually was walking a little farther every couple of weeks. Then I was walking 1/2 a mile and before I knew it I was walking 2 miles with a cane and resting now & then.
That lasted about 5 months then my back changed again and I was right back where I was. After that summer I've never been able to walk like that again.
Like my story? I like telling ppl how I was my own therapist and got out of a wheelchair.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:10 AM   #861
Big Yapper!

I DO like your story. It shows determination and drive! I want to follow in your footsteps, woman. And on that note, I'm going to go get ready for my treadmill experience for the day. BBL.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:45 AM   #862
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I wish I could walk on a treadmill ! I'm so jealous!
Old 07-25-2012, 01:15 PM   #863
Big Yapper!

I'm going to think of you whenever I'm feeling sorry for myself that I have to exercise and be grateful that I can.

I just finished. I did a total of 66.18 minutes, walked 3.105 miles and burned 169.9 calories. I always figure the calories are more than indicated because I know I burn more even after I finish. Then Sissy did 30 minutes, 1 mile and burned 94 calories! During that half hour, I did floor exercises and worked on my abs (crunches and leg lifts), then did planks, (one arm/one leg lifted and held up at one time) and then I did arm and chest exercises. I used the wall to do push-offs and also did some side-bends and an arm twisting exercise that I learned way back in my Jane Fonda days.

Now I feel happy and sore and am going to go rest a while. I want to get showered and out the door to do a little shopping once the afternoon commuting madness settles down. I hate to get caught in all of that.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:22 PM   #864
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Good job Cheryl for starting your "exercise" program. Sounds like an impressive start!! KUTGW!! Dont you feel just great after exercising? I always do. Give yourself a pat on the back... you deserve it!
Old 07-25-2012, 02:38 PM   #865
Big Yapper!

Well, surprise, surprise! So nice to see you again, Cathy! Thanks for popping in to encourage me. I do indeed feel great after I've exercised. Now I just have to do it regularly enough to make it an addiction. I need that as much as I need the weight off of my bod.

How are you doing? What plan are on you right now? The BFFM? I never heard of that. How does that work? Are you enjoying it? I hope so. If we can't enjoy the journey, it's a long, hard road to goal.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:53 PM   #866
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi cheryl, I use to enjoy working out so much I'd go to the gym and stay 2 hrs! Time would fly! I loved the feeling afterwards too. Glad you like the treadmill, but I prefer walking outdoors by a long shot.
well my iced coffee was scrumptous! LOL! I added some bailey's caramel to it for flavor. Just a little. I have to go to a mall about 35 mins away at a coffee shop there to get the sugar free stuff. They sell the Torani's. I Haven't seen it anywhere else. I think at our walmart they just carry the regular torani's syrups. I'll look again.
Looks like rain is coming. I know tomorrow we're getting some rough storms in the afternoon. 91* and storms with large hail and winds 20-30 mph! How bout there?
Old 07-25-2012, 03:18 PM   #867
Big Yapper!

Yeah, they are predicting some brutal and potentially damaging storms for us around that time, too. Will make for an interesting afternoon! I'll be hunkered-down for sure.

I like the treadmill because bugs like me. And if I'm walking outdoors, I have to cover myself with bug spray and still be swatting them away from my eyes and nose as I'm walking. Then there's the matter of being adequately clothed. On the treadmill I can wear just a sports bra on top and not have to worry about how I look. And another thing is I don't have to walk the dog alongside me. She has to stop here and there to sniff, squat, etc and it interrupts the flow of my workout. And if I leave her home, I feel bad. Treadmill just makes sense. And I can crank the a/c and fans and make myself the absolute most comfortable that I can be.

I'm glad your coffee came out good! I stopped using the DaVinci syrups I have because they started giving me the queezies if I had a few cups of it. Gross! I guess I could shake some spices like Cinnamon or Nutmeg into the coffee grounds if I need to add some flavor to it. But I love it just the way it is.

I really used to enjoy working out at the gym on base when I was still in the military and living in TX. It was a great feeling. They even had a small tub-like whirlpool bath in the ladies locker/shower room. I would fill it up with water and just kick back in my private little piece of heaven. I remember how much I enjoyed all of it and I felt it really made a difference in how I looked. I hope to the Lord above that I can fall into that mode of thinking and acting again. If I can, the rest of my life is going to be the absolute best that it can be.

Almost time for the evening news report. Will see what is going on around the world. Can hardly wait.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:46 PM   #868
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Cheryl... I am not sure I am on a plan currently. I do BFFM (burn the fat, feed the muscle) most days, but its just healthy eating, weight training, cardio, etc. Not really a diet. You only decrease your calories by 20-30% and then lose slowly. I am recouping from another injury and trying to stay on track with eating currently. Started back with weight training today since it does not involve my lower leg, but cannot run or such currently! I love the TM too!
Old 07-25-2012, 05:46 PM   #869
Big Yapper!

Wow, Cathy! You're a perfect candidate for the No S plan! You can tailor it to however you choose to eat. How in the world did you hurt your leg again? What happened? You poor thing. Seems like one lower leg injury after another. Don't you ever hurt other parts of your body? Better start wearing a helmet all day long.

I just ate dinner and it was a sort of chili made from whatever I happened to have defrosted. I used ground chuck, a couple cans of diced tomatoes with green chilis and onions, a small can of Rotel mexican tomato sauce, a cup of cooked white rice (or rather however many cups of rice result from one cup of uncooked rice and two cups of water) and a bunch of spices. Wooh! Spicy. I wish I'd had some kidney or pinto beans but I chose the rice cause I had no beans. It turned out really good! (I also put ACV and cheddar cheese in it, but the cheese only when it was served in a bowl.)

Now I'm in need of kicking back and putting out the fire in my mouth! LOL. Night ladies!! Love ya!

Ooh! Just thought of something to help cool it down (have lots of leftovers.) I can add a dollop of sour cream!.

Last edited by CherylB; 07-25-2012 at 05:47 PM..
Old 07-25-2012, 07:03 PM   #870
Major LCF Poster!

Are you losing weight on the No S diet? I pulled my calf muscle this time. I thought I had "healed" it but then I went to turbo camp in California this week past and I pulled it again. Once you pull it, your gastroc muscle is like "taffy" I am told and you have to give it time to repair, well.... I am no good at not exercising so its causing problems. I am trying again to rest it and ice it, but I tend to eat worse when I dont exercise. Its not a great time to eat badly when you are not burning the calories! But I plow forward!! LOL
Closed Thread