Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2012, 06:57 PM   #811
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
You're doing great, Tammy!! WTG! You still eating your rice krispies? I remember they were non-negotiable on the first round. Is it replaced by GY this round?

Farm was hot and nasty. Used my Skin So Soft bug wipes and still got eaten after a while. One guy got me good on my left outer ear and I think one got me on my left temple area. The thing that's weird about these bites is they are worse the second day than the day I get them and they last for almost a week. Tomorrow will tell the story.

I sweated about a gallon of water through every pore I have. I wore jeans and a sleeveless shirt and everything was just stuck to me. Even when I got back home, I had to eat before I showered (cause it was already 8pm) so I just parked my soggy butt in the chair and ate a tomato sandwich and a peach.

I had fun with the horses, as always. I got to hose down the new boy ("Cowboy") cause he rolled in the dirt after he was already groomed. Then I used the squeegee and brushed him to get off most of the water. Took him into his stall before he could roll again.

I also got to tack up a horse for a western rider! I hadn't done it before cause the only time I had a lesson that was with a western saddle, the staff girl did it and showed me how to do it in the future. This time I did it all myself with just some coaching. I felt great about it. I missed doing that stuff since I had to stop taking lessons.

I goofed once today, though. Big Red was just back from a lesson and the team leader had hosed him down and squeegeed him. I put him into his stall and waited to see if he would eat his hay but he knew it was past the time he normally ate his grain. So I waited to see if he'd go to the hay and he didn't. He knew the grain was in the barn. He could smell it. So I went and gave it to him. As I was walking to the upper "duplexes" the equine manager asked if he was cool enough to eat his grain. I looked at her and said, "I think he was." Then she said, "Did you feel him to see how hot he was?" I had to say "No." Turns out he wasn't too hot but I made a boo-boo. Won't make that mistake again.

That's the good part about making mistakes. You live and you learn. Made another minor mistake, too. The lady who is the top person in this whole outfit came out and asked, "What can I do to help?" I didn't realize she was speaking directly to the Instructor. I said, "Well, I'm mucking stalls right now. The waters need doing." She said, "I'd love to help muck the stalls but I meant what can I do to help with lessons." Oops. I forgot. I'm just a peon.

The communication there drives me quite nuts. Misunderstandings abound there. I hate that! If you are talking to Robin, direct your question to Robin. I told her I didn't know who she was directing her question to. I mean, it was funny in a way, but it makes me feel lower than dirt. Ya know?

If I ever move up the ladder there, I'm going to make it my business to perfect communication among each and every one of us. It just drives me bonkers!!!

My sister says things are supposed to cool down by the weekend, but I guess that means in the mid-to-lower 80's. I won't be happy about the weather until we're back in the 70's.

I'm going to close this message now cause I just feel like I'm rambling. But before I do, I think I need to tell about my food intake today on my first day doing the No S WOE (need to stop calling it a diet.) I ate two yogurts and an iced coffee for "breakfast" which I ate around 1pm. Then when I got back from the farm, I ate a tomato sandwich and a peach. Not sure what I'll eat before bedtime but since I know it has to be a meal, I put more thought into things.

Tomorrow (hopefully), I'll grill some meat. I defrosted some steaks that had gotten freezer burn. I figured I'd feed them to my happy little Sissy. If I don't cook them up soon, it will be going in the garbage. I hate when I let things go bad.

Night!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2012, 09:04 AM   #812
Big Yapper!

Today is going to be a dreadfully hot and muggy day and I have barn day number two. I was hoping we'd get a nice T-storm to cool us down but they aren't forecasting any until tomorrow. Only saving grace I see is that the wind is supposed to be 10-20 mph. I'm not going to go as early as I usually do. I have a meeting at 3pm for an event for the riding center, then I'll mosey on over to the barn.

Having computer trouble. Going to post this, restart my computer then come back and finish my thoughts.

Okay, I'm back. Hoping I really don't have a problem with this computer. We shall see. Anyway, to continue, I wonder if they will cancel the therapy lessons today due to the heat. If so, then I can see the beauty of it being so hot! Things can be so discombobulated and crazy on therapy days. Too many people and too many people giving directions to do this or that. Like I said yesterday, it all boils down to "communication issues."

So, that's about all the news. Did well yesterday, up until around midnight when I ate something that couldn't be classified as a meal, since I'd already eaten my three meals. I was awake until around 5am so it was a rough night. I hope someday I can find something that truly makes me drowsy. Benadryl and Melatonin simply don't work on me. Wish I could remember the other things people have suggested to me in the past. If memory serves, one was called GABA. Can't remember the other one.

Have a great day, ladies. Stay cool if you can!!

Last edited by CherylB; 07-17-2012 at 09:21 AM..
Old 07-17-2012, 09:55 AM   #813
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
You have the toughest time sleeping. I have no clue how to help you. I use to have problems sleeping, but it ironed itself out.
wt today...195.3, down .8 for a total of 7.5 lbs on day5. Love wk1 losses. I know next week will be totally different, but maybe not! LOL
Have fun at the farm if you go. Its gonna be 95* here, but feel 100*. Staying indoors today for sure.
well, have a stinky diaper to change! LOL Lucky me! BBL!
Old 07-17-2012, 10:03 AM   #814
Big Yapper!

Yes I do. I guess I need to get one of those relaxation tapes and practice those exercises when I turn out the lights. Maybe if I approach it with more than just drugs, I can bridge the gap and get on a better rhythm. I have to figure this out because I refuse to go back to Restoril or Ambien.

Stinky diapers. Better you than me! I am definitely going to the barn. It's going to be that hot and nasty here, too. I will just cope. The horses have no choice and neither do I. It won't last forever. I hope August turns out to be a cooler month. July has been a BEAST so far.

Love your week-one losses!! KUTGW!!
Old 07-17-2012, 01:05 PM   #815
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: obraxton
Stats: 260/189/142
WOE: bariatric sleeve/high protein-low sugar
Start Date: WLS/Sleeve/5-9-11
Just popping in to say Hi! Miss you!
Old 07-17-2012, 05:25 PM   #816
Big Yapper!

That's so weird, Dessa. I was thinking about you earlier today or maybe it was yesterday. How are you doing? I am not on Facebook much at all anymore so I'm totally not up-to-date on your news. How is the weight loss going for you lately? Tell me what's new!!

I am back from the farm and lessons were indeed cancelled due to the extreme heat. I went to the committee meeting for the Hogs for Horses fundraiser and that took over an hour. Then I drove straight to the farm for my pm shift. The girl who is an employee there must have thought I wasn't coming because she'd done almost everything (cleaning stalls and paddocks) before I showed up. It was very nice but I felt like my little plan backfired. I wasn't trying to make her work harder, I was trying to time my arrival with the other volunteer's arrival so we'd each have the same amount of work to do. Clearly this is no answer. I will just get over it.

I groomed two horses and gave them a really deep, penetrating all-over scratching. I thought this particular brush would make them happy after being eaten alive all day. You should have seen them! Like a dog that is trying to tell you, "Oh, yeah! Right there", the horses let you know you are in the vacinity of an itchy spot.

So now I'm home and I ate dinner and took a shower and I'm in my comfy, clean pj's and kicking back on my bed. No more need to go outside for the rest of the week, unless I choose to do so.

I have a lily mystery going on. When I knew I was leaving my home, I decided to dig up the white lily bulbs and take them with me, as well as give some to my sister. Well, mine are in bloom and so are my sister's and they are Tiger Lilies. Neither of us have the big, gorgeous white ones. I went past the house on the way home to see if they were still in the ground and blooming. There isn't a single trace of any lilies there at all. I have no idea what's going on. No biggie. I can buy more bulbs, but I hate mysteries. I would have never dug up the tiger lilies. I didn't even realize there were so many in that spot of the yard.

So, as far as my No S WOE day has been going, I slept until around 11:30, then drank an iced coffee with some cream and ez sweetz. Packed a bunch of water to take to the barn and then when I came home, I ate my first meal. It was 7pm and I made a turkey and provalone sandwich with mayo, onion and tomato. Then I used a steamer bag and cooked one ear of corn and put butter and salt on it. For a drink, I had two Heineken Premium Lights. OMG! That corn should have been classified as a "sweet."

I think there is so much to be learned by eating this way. I have never been the type to eat a meal. If I wanted a salad, I made it into a meal. If I wanted a baked potato with toppings, I'd nuke one and eat it for my meal. Eating actual meals is going to be quite interesting. So far, I'm enjoying this freedom. Not sure if I can lose weight this way, but I'm about to see for myself.

Off to chill-out a while. Hugs, ladies. Dessa, looking forward to hearing an update on your goings on.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:56 PM   #817
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pendragginp
Cheryl, it's so good to read about you again. Whoever said upthread that you are always and encourager was right on. Good luck with your new eating plan!
Old 07-18-2012, 09:01 AM   #818
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragginp View Post
Cheryl, it's so good to read about you again. Whoever said upthread that you are always and encourager was right on. Good luck with your new eating plan!
Thank you! I think it's so important to be validated and I just try to do that for others, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluJ View Post
Thanx... I thought Out Back Tiggy Warrior Princess was your friend too. I'm still banned.. Don't understand... I've always been kind and understanding... Oh, well...
Nope. I never heard of her or her thread. I have gotten totally out of the habit of ever going to the main forum page. I have plenty to keep up with just reading and replying to the subscribed threads I have. They keep me hopping.

I'm doing great on this plan and I'm really getting the hang of eating meals! It's going to be wonderful to have this really be my lifestyle. I hear it takes about three full weeks to develop a new habit through diligent repetition so I'm hoping this "takes."

I'm thinking they will be cancelling the leadership class today because of the heat. They have a notice on their website and it says they will make a decision by 1pm. So now I just have to wait a little over an hour to see if I can hide inside today. I hope I can. I'd rather stay inside where it's cool and bug-free.

I've discovered some hot dogs that are very yummy! They have a natural casing rather than the skinless ones. They are called Deutchmachers or something like that. I'll be buying those from now on. They sell them in large boxes over by the pre-packaged deli meats but they also have them in the deli and you can just buy a certain number of them.

Sipping on my iced coffee and loving every minute of it! So glad I learned how to brew coffee to be strong enough to make iced coffee. So refreshing and much cheaper when you make your own.

Ladies, I hope you all have a lovely day today. Thanks so much for hanging out with me! Stay cool!
Old 07-18-2012, 04:48 PM   #819
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: keepingcupsfull
Stats: 250/? /155
WOE: Rx Hcg pellets
Cheryl

Just wanted to say hey sounds like you've been busy doing something you love. Good for you! How's the haircut now that you've had time to style it yourself?
Have you ever tried natural calm to help you sleep? Works wonders for me. The storms pasted thru here this afternoon ,so it's much cooler now.
Off to drink more watered down tea...
Bee
Old 07-18-2012, 07:43 PM   #820
Big Yapper!

No, I haven't tried that. Is it a tea? I definitely like my hair more since I've been styling it but it's going to look a lot better in a week. By the time we have my birthday picnic/party, I'll be looking pretty darn good.

Yes, I love the horses. I feel like no matter what happens for the remainder of my life, I will always stay involved with them. You know what they say about hindsight, but if I knew then what I know now, I'd have structured my higher education around horses and just gotten a job that I could have loved. But at least I know now and there's no way I'm going to let them go into my past again.

In fact, we just got an email tonight saying the new horse "Cowboy" is off of quarantine now and will be getting introduced to the rest of the herd. They have to be careful when a new horse comes, in case they have something contagious. I'm happy for Cowboy. He's part of the gang now.

But now we have an odd number of horses so they will have to hurry and get an eighth!! Can't pair him up with someone cause everyone already has a buddy. Right now he's in a stall in the barn that buts up against the stall that the goats sleep in at night. But even the goats have each other, so they probably don't care too much about Cowboy.

I forget, but are you local? You said the storms passed through here, which made me think we might be virtual neighbors. What a welcome relief they brought! Still muggy but much cooler. Tomorrow is supposed to be the best day in weeks.

Last edited by CherylB; 07-18-2012 at 07:45 PM..
Old 07-18-2012, 09:05 PM   #821
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

we got a horribly windy storm thru here. But now its cooler and I love it. Finally got to walmart bc I had nothing to eat! I had to cheat bc I was hungry and my stomach needed something. I had a few bites of cheesecake and that held me over. Then when we got home I ate full fat greek yogurt, so it was a fat day! Hoping it doesn't interfere with the losses. Especially since yesterday I ate broccoli and had a .1 gain (no biggie, but no loss).
Glad ur hair is turning out nice for you. If I didnt have chloe running around crazy trying to play in toilets and rolling toilet paper down the hall, I could do something with mine as well. LOL She is something special. hehe Tonight I had to put her to sleep bc she didnt want her mom. She is really getting her point across now.
So, hubby is off the rest of the week. No, we aren't happy about it one bit. Its just a bunch of B.S.! We need the money. The kitchen is getting some upgrades and I still dont have my new bed! And we just got this car too! UGH!
No babysitting tomorrow.....sleeping in! I'll try to anyways. Chloe will be knocking on my door yelling for me early.
I know you're glad the new horse is out and about now. Now you'll see what he's all about. Hope hes a good horse. Yep, hindsight is 20/20. Just have to do what we can now to be happy.

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
Old 07-18-2012, 11:32 PM   #822
Big Yapper!

Well, I'm sorry he's going to have a smaller paycheck than he normally does. It will work out! Don't fret, my pet. Just cut back wherever you can to make up the difference. It sucks but it can be done.

Chloe loves her Gramma! Can't say I blame her. Hope you can sleep-in. Maybe Chloe will also sleep in. Wouldn't that be marvelous?

I'm still wide awake and it's 0230. I hate this pattern I'm in. I turned off the computer and tv and got into a comfy position, then read some on my Kindle. It felt like I was starting to doze but not really. Then it was gone. Poof!

Cowboy is an excellent horse. He comes running when he hears someone going into his paddock. So dang cute! It would be so cool to own my own horse. Maybe someday. Stranger things have happened.

Well, off to try and sleep again. Grrrr!
Old 07-19-2012, 02:10 AM   #823
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Look at what time it is! Yep! I'm awake. I did sleep 4 hrs. I'll fall back to sleep though. This is everyday now the last few weeks. You think you have sleep problems! LOL
We always figure things out, this isn't the first time they've shut down without notice. We don't like using our emergency funds for stupid cr@p. Hes so fed up right now its not funny.
Chloe is so lovable and cuddly. LOL And so darn smart! Being a gramma (she says mammaw) has been a joy and just makes me incredibly happy. Lord knows what I'm gonna do when my dd moves out!
Its gonna cool down some today. Its gonna be 84*......and I'm calling that a cool down! I looked at the weather where my ds is (Ky) and its gonna be 97* with a heat index of 110*! Wow! He goes to the field Monday so I hope it cools off some and doesn't rain. They had a real bad storm yesterday.
How was your storm? I saw on the news a min ago where NY had a horrible storm. Trees uprooted and power out.... Really bad. We are getting more storms today. Hope our chairs don't fly off the porch again and up the street. Better bring them in.
well, gonna lay here and watch the news til I fall asleep. ttyl !
Old 07-19-2012, 04:51 AM   #824
Senior LCF Member

Morning - I think you would be a sleep by now. I have no problem sleeping. Im usually asleep by 10pm and up at 5am most days. When I have to entertain for work it's hard to stay awake past 10pm. Natural calm is magnesium for regularity and to help you sleep well. I love it. Mine is powered form mixed with warm water once a day.

Can't wait to hear more about Cowboy, I hope he gets a buddy soon.
I live in NE Pa and we have had some bad storms yesterday. I hope today is better. It's been so hot. I feel bad for my crew at work, they work outside in the elements everyday. I looked for them on the road yesterday to drop off some Gatorade to them. They were soaked from the heat then the storm. Hoping for a better day for them.

As far as my round, grrrrr i did a refeed after staying the same for a week. Guess what .....I'm still the same after 2 loading days STS and 2vlcd...STS..wish I could call it p3. Do you think I should open my last bottle of pellets and see if that works before I call it a day..... This has never happened to me before ...

Off to onogolist with Mom then work Have a great day.

Bee
Old 07-19-2012, 06:26 AM   #825
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tay65 View Post
Look at what time it is! Yep! I'm awake. I did sleep 4 hrs. I'll fall back to sleep though. This is everyday now the last few weeks. You think you have sleep problems! LOL
We always figure things out, this isn't the first time they've shut down without notice. We don't like using our emergency funds for stupid cr@p. Hes so fed up right now its not funny.
Chloe is so lovable and cuddly. LOL And so darn smart! Being a gramma (she says mammaw) has been a joy and just makes me incredibly happy. Lord knows what I'm gonna do when my dd moves out!
Its gonna cool down some today. Its gonna be 84*......and I'm calling that a cool down! I looked at the weather where my ds is (Ky) and its gonna be 97* with a heat index of 110*! Wow! He goes to the field Monday so I hope it cools off some and doesn't rain. They had a real bad storm yesterday.
How was your storm? I saw on the news a min ago where NY had a horrible storm. Trees uprooted and power out.... Really bad. We are getting more storms today. Hope our chairs don't fly off the porch again and up the street. Better bring them in.
well, gonna lay here and watch the news til I fall asleep. ttyl !
Well, now I understand why he is so put-off by all the brief shut-downs. I would be, too. I didn't realize it was so frequent. Some jobs are for the birds! Sorry you had a night similar to mine. Did you sleep and then wake up at 0500? I haven't gotten a single minute of shut-eye and it's 0900 now. I had an errand to run so I did it at 0800 so that I could go to sleep whenever it comes my way.

Yeah, the heat is supposed to be much more tolerable today. I hope August is more mild than July has been. It's been brutal. Where I live, we got rumblings and lightning flashes, at one point we had very strong gusts of wind but we got very little rain and no damage. Other towns in CT looked like a Tornado had gone through. Cars were buried in big heavy tree limbs, etc. Some lost their power. I was spared.

I hope Shawn has a good day out there in KY. Poor kid. Nothing worse than wearing camouflage, t-shirts, woolen socks and army boots. Sweat City. When I went through basic training, it was in the middle of summer in San Antonio. We were miserable! (We need a sweating smiley. Ha! Found one)

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepingcupsfull View Post
Morning - I think you would be a sleep by now. I have no problem sleeping. Im usually asleep by 10pm and up at 5am most days. When I have to entertain for work it's hard to stay awake past 10pm. Natural calm is magnesium for regularity and to help you sleep well. I love it. Mine is powered form mixed with warm water once a day.

Can't wait to hear more about Cowboy, I hope he gets a buddy soon.
I live in NE Pa and we have had some bad storms yesterday. I hope today is better. It's been so hot. I feel bad for my crew at work, they work outside in the elements everyday. I looked for them on the road yesterday to drop off some Gatorade to them. They were soaked from the heat then the storm. Hoping for a better day for them.

As far as my round, grrrrr i did a refeed after staying the same for a week. Guess what .....I'm still the same after 2 loading days STS and 2vlcd...STS..wish I could call it p3. Do you think I should open my last bottle of pellets and see if that works before I call it a day..... This has never happened to me before ...

Off to onogolist with Mom then work Have a great day.

Bee
How much magnesium is there in one dose of that stuff? Curious. I have magnesium tablets and I do take one in my night-time pill assortment but it doesn't do much.

Being in the NE corner of PA, we pretty much get what you had already. Storms can come from almost any direction in CT. Just depends on the system. Sometimes we get some that just "sit and spin" over us for days. The most unpredictable weather of anywhere I've ever lived.

How nice of you to be taking care of your crew! I'm sure they appreciate what you do for them.

How many VLCD's have you done so far this round? Maybe you just need to ease into P3 and let your body catch up before heading back down the scale some more. I know how frustrating it is to stall. I think I'd open the new pellets only if you are so early in the round that you know you have at least another week to go. If you aren't feeling hunger, then the pellets you're using are probably fine.

What is an "onogolist"? Did you mean oncologist? I googled but the other word is not coming up.

Well, as for me, I will be giving into sleep if it ever comes my way. I'll take it whenever I can get it! Sleep rocks. I have nothing on my agenda, now that I went over to the old house and put a bookcase out for a Freecycler to pick up later on. I picked up a couple more things that I needed but can't for the life of me find the bag of paper table cloths. I thought I had about 5 left. I guess they'll turn up eventually.

Have a great day, ladies. Catch ya later on.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:34 PM   #826
Big Yapper!

I'm back. Got about a 3 hour nap after I wrote that post and I feel somewhat human again. It's only 78 degrees outside and I'm still indoors. Oh, well. Good thing I enjoy being inside.

I ate my first meal of the day just before 3pm. I had a meatloaf sandwich and an ear of corn. Put mayo on the bread and butter on the corn. I have decided that corn is to be classified as a "sweet" and eaten only on the S days. I think that will speed things up a bit.

Haven't used the treadmill yet. Big surprise. I'm so lethargic right now that all I want to do is what I'm doing right now. Nada! So that's the plan.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:24 PM   #827
Senior LCF Member

I can't spell on this IPad oncologist....Mom has stage 4 lung cancer small cell with mets to multiple spots on spine. Also Breast Cancer .Round 3 of chemo coming up July 30th. I asked Dr today how long after treatment does it take to return. He said 4 to 6 months. I think my Mom now understands how sick she is...I want to ask life expectancy for her, but I don't want to do it in front of her.. I know we don't have expiration dates on us. Just looking for a general idea so I'm prepared if need be. What I read online has me wondering... 6 to 12 months is the average with treatment from time of diagnosis. That said the info is old but no new info available. She is all about quality of life, so I don't know if i should tell her what I read.

I did open my last bottle as I was only on day 7 when the stall started. So I plan to do a new full 21 day round. So 17 left after today. That is the plan if the scale starts moving.... If no movement by next Friday I will start p3 as Tom should start And be done then. I have learned to never start p3 before Tom. I do feel smaller and no hunger today, so it may have been bad pellets? I thought a bottle was good for a while.
I will check the natural calm label when I get home.

Visiting the Peeps store tomorrow and I will be perfect. I really don't like sugar at all anymore anyway..or diet soda. That's a good thing.
Get some sleep if you can.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:19 PM   #828
Big Yapper!

I'm so sorry, KCF. How horrible for you all to be going through. Horrible for her but just as horrible for those of you who have to watch it happen and support her through it. As far as life expectancy goes, I think it has so much to do with if the person has given up hope and is just resigned to the fact that the end is near. If they fight and are upbeat, they will almost always live longer. (Not to mention living "better.")

I sometimes wonder which type I would be if it were me with the diagnosis. You can't know until you're in those shoes. I hope she is peaceful about it. There's no easy way to lose someone you love and treasure. No matter how prepared you think you are, you can't prepare for how it will feel or how you will handle the stress and grief (anticipatory and after their death.)

I worked as a Hospice case manager back in 2008. It was a tough job but sometimes we got to feel that we really made a difference. All too often, the families would wait until literally the last couple days of the patients life to put them into a hospice program, fearing "giving up on them." But by that time, we didn't really have time enough to make them truly comfortable. It was a shame because there is so much to be done to get a patient admitted and drugs ordered and delivered, etc.

If she's all about quality of life, please talk about hospice with her. It's not about giving up, it's about acceptance of the inevitable and being as comfortable and peaceful as possible. It's a wonderful thing.

Does she have any other health factors to consider, like diabetes or history of heart trouble? Just trying to see the bigger picture. But there really is no way to know how long someone has left. Things can change dramatically.

I hope your new bottle of pellets does the trick for you. I never really had any trouble with my pellets losing potency so I don't know what to tell you.

Thanks for the wishes for happy snoozing tonight. I wish everyone here the same.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:01 PM   #829
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pendragginp
I'm so sorry, KFC. Prayer for your mom and you.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:59 AM   #830
Big Yapper!

Eating plan is going well but I've been a bit backed-up so I took a dose of milk of mag last night. I hope it works well and I can empty out my gut. I want to see some "movement" on the scale.

It's only 60 degrees outside!! Rainy and overcast and COOL! After the heatwave we've been in, I'm so PSYCHED about today. It's so nice to have the windows open. I was going nuts from the constant noise of air conditioners running. What a relief!

I hope everyone has a lovely day today. May you also receive relief from your own heatwaves.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:52 AM   #831
Big Yapper!

OMG, what a gorgeous day!! 75 degrees at noon and sunny. Gentle breeze, low humidity and birdies all out and about, chirping happily. Ahhhhh.

I weighed today which will be my weekly weigh-in. I was up late again last night so once it turned midnight, I treated it like it was an S day. I ate and then fell asleep. When I woke up, I planned to go out and buy a few treats as well as some light beer. But at the moment, the only thing I really want is iced coffee so I made one of those.

There's a possibility that I won't be buying anything special today. I just don't feel the need at the moment. Maybe later on I'll go buy a 12-pack of light beer, but I don't think I'm going to be splurging for ice cream or anything else I'd been thinking about buying. I don't feel the need!!! Isn't that wonderful?

So, just for the record, my morning weight was 190.8 lbs. I will be in the 80's the next time I weigh. That much I'm sure of.

Have a splendid day!!
Old 07-21-2012, 12:22 PM   #832
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good job Cheryl ! KUTGW!
Old 07-21-2012, 01:34 PM   #833
Big Yapper!

How are you, Tammy? I've been thinking of you and missing you. What's shakin?
Old 07-21-2012, 02:49 PM   #834
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Been busy today! I just had enough time for quick posts! LOL
You have nice weather up there too, huh? Its great!
I went to the store and bought more steak. I have such good losses when I eat steak. Hope it works again after my stupid .1 loss today! hahahaha I know it all adds up and atleast I didn't have a gain or sts.
Chlobug is with her father today. She was excited to see him and kissed me and pap then waved bye! Shes crazy! LOL
My dd is going to put her in daycare a couple days a week soon. She loves being around other kids. Its just 2 days, I'll have her 2 and her dad 1. Unless dd has to do her turn on a sunday then I'll have her then. Thats just 4 hrs though. I'll miss her.....
What are you getting into today? I'm not doing any housework today. I'll do it tomorrow while my dd & Chloe are at church. Dd and bf are doing ok still. She really likes him.
well, ttys! byyyyyyeee!
Old 07-21-2012, 07:28 PM   #835
Big Yapper!

Down 0.1? Your scale is a lot more sensitive than mine. It only measures in 0.2 increments. I hope your steak does the trick for you and tomorrow is a big whoosh. As for me, today has been relaxation and chilling. Weather's been awesome and I am so looking forward to seeing more of these temps in the future. Summer has to end eventually and when it does, I'll be doing a happy dance.

It's going to be a chilly night and I have left all the windows open. I like being all snuggled up in the covers when it's chilly. Kind of like when you're camping.

I have been enjoying my "S day". At first I didn't think it was going to be anything like what I had anticipated I'd make it into, but then I did enjoy myself and ate some strawberry rheubarb pie with whipped cream on it and drank multiple light beers. Tomorrow will be much less of a treat. Want to be mostly back on the "N day" plan for tomorrow since today was a total party for one.

I'm glad that Chloe reacts that way to seeing her father. If she didn't, I'd be worried about handing her over to him. Kids tell all, even when they don't say a word.

That's all the news here! Thanks for throwing me a bone. Sleep tight!
Old 07-22-2012, 04:24 AM   #836
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Throwing you a bone!!!! LMBO!!!! You're too funny!
I have a weight watchers scale and its right on the nose. It gives body fat %, water %, BMI.....all that. Half the time I don't use that.
Chloe came home very happy to see her mom. Jibber jabberin away! Shes going to be a talker.....oh mannnn! LOL We have always talked to her and played with her. She was never just layed down as a baby and not talked to. Ya know? She was well "stimulated", as the dr's say.
I was awake at 5 a.m.! I'll fall back to sleep soon for a couple hrs. My back pain woke me up. Time for meds. I wish I was normal again. If I could go back to March '99 and NOT LIFT THAT DAMN MICROWAVE! That ruined my life and changed me forever. Now I depend on medication to give me relief so I can atleast TRY to live. I spend so much time laying down. Thats why I love hearing about you at the farm. I could never do that and Boy would I love to! Horses are such lovely creatures. You just have to respect them and they'll love you back.
I'm getting my hair done tomorrow. My dd will color and cut it for me at the shop. FREE! I love the perks! It would cost me a fortune too. I use 2 things of color + highlights (foils) then the cut. It takes a while, but I love the results. My dd is a great colorist and the ppl she works with go to her when they have questions. Makes me proud.
Hubby is looking for a new job. I know hes afraid to change jobs now, but we think its for the best. Its a shame after all these yrs he has to do this. The new owners of the company are horrible to work for and they're losing all their good workers. I'm behind him with whatever he decides to do.
Well, getting tired.....bbl !

Last edited by tay65; 07-22-2012 at 04:28 AM..
Old 07-22-2012, 10:33 AM   #837
Big Yapper!

That sounds like an awesome scale! I had one ("Taylor") that did the body fat percentage but I didn't like what it would tell me. I'm glad you trust it so much.

You describe Chloe so well, I almost feel like I can picture her in action. I love little toddlers and babies. I wish they would stay like that forever. Why do they always have to grow up? Can't they design a baby that stays small and cute like that indefinitely? I mean, after they are potty trained.

I'm sorry you suffer so much with back pain, Tammy. It must be absolutely miserable and I admire you for being such a positive, cheery woman. I think you are special and I'm glad we have gotten to know one another.

That's cool that you can live vicariously through me with the horses. I want to work with them even more as I get smaller and healthier and more energetic. That alone should be enough motivation to get my keister on the treadmill every day but not so far. I just put it off and put it off. I have to learn that I'll never be "motivated" or "inspired" so I need to "just do it." (Good old, wise Nike ad.)

That's excellent that your dd does such a great job on your hair. Having the other people come to her for help would make me pretty darn proud, too. You must have done something right!

Sorry hubby is looking for another place to work. If others are leaving, does he know where they are finding work? Maybe he should follow their lead and apply there. I think the job market is still pretty tough. I have no idea what your hubby does but it doesn't seem to matter too much. Times are tough all over. I hope he finds something better and something he enjoys.

As for me, I ended up fully utilizing my first S day yesterday. Today will be treated like a "small s day." I have no intentions of eating like that today but I still have one piece of strawberry rhubarb pie to eat. I like to buy the store-bought pies and nuke them in the microwave one piece at a time. It tastes like it just came out of the oven. I've always preferred food warm. Born with that little quirk.

I'm noticing something the past two days. It will sound very odd to you as I describe it, but it is something significant. I gain weight all over my body; literally from my head down to my toes. I used to notice how my scalp would actually get tighter to my skull as I lost weight (I could place my hands on it and move it back and forth when I'm really heavy.) Well, my facial skin and scalp are already feeling noticeably tighter to my skull. And I'm still 190!

Not sure what that indicates but it has to be a sign that something significant is changing by eating this way. Maybe I'm losing weight differently on this plan. Maybe I'll start seeing my collar bones at a higher weight, too. (I love my collar bones.)

I'm going to write my sister an email so I'll be back later. Hope you have a fun day with Chloe and your family. And I hope you are getting some of this gorgeous weather that we're having! Heavenly!!
Old 07-22-2012, 03:07 PM   #838
Big Yapper!

I am very happy to report that I got on the treadmill and did what I set out to do. I walked for just under an hour and did 3 miles, plus a few minutes cool-down at the end. I had a fan turned on high and placed directly in front of me, but after a while, I was so sweaty that it just wasn't enough. I was mentally making notes so that the next time will be better.

I will keep the window closed in that room in the future, and turn the air conditioner on full blast for 10-15 minutes before I get on it. And I will have more than just a paper towel to deal with the sweating. A hand towel that has been wet with cold water and rung out will be there to place around my neck and do the dabbing with. Also, I need to do something about foot comfort because I noticed pain and irritation to my right great toe, and then later on I noticed more to my outer right toes. I guess the shoes I wore are just too new. I kicked them off as soon as I hit the 3-mile mark and did my cool-down in stocking feet.

I did bring enough to drink, though. One ice coffee and one bottle of cold water. That I will repeat.

So after that, I took a very satisfying shower, then I put my dog on the treadmill for her walk. She was trying to get on it even as I was walking and I had to keep telling her "no." Cutie pie! So she did a half hour and covered a full mile. She wasn't acting like she wanted to get off and I stayed in the room with her the whole time.

So she and I are going to be getting fit together. My goal is to do 3 miles on the treadmill every day of the week except the two days that I work as a volunteer at an equine therapy center, and I'll have to add in an exception for days where I have something special going on. This coming Saturday will be one of those types of days. It's a fundraiser for the equine therapy center and I'll be there most of the day.

I'm so glad I finally got off my lazy arse and walked!!! Thank you, Lord. It's not about motivation as much as it is about determination.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:21 AM   #839
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EmBee
Stats: 262/231.4/130
WOE: VLCD hHCG
Start Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
I am very happy to report that I got on the treadmill and did what I set out to do. I walked for just under an hour and did 3 miles, plus a few minutes cool-down at the end. I had a fan turned on high and placed directly in front of me, but after a while, I was so sweaty that it just wasn't enough. I was mentally making notes so that the next time will be better.

I will keep the window closed in that room in the future, and turn the air conditioner on full blast for 10-15 minutes before I get on it. And I will have more than just a paper towel to deal with the sweating. A hand towel that has been wet with cold water and rung out will be there to place around my neck and do the dabbing with. Also, I need to do something about foot comfort because I noticed pain and irritation to my right great toe, and then later on I noticed more to my outer right toes. I guess the shoes I wore are just too new. I kicked them off as soon as I hit the 3-mile mark and did my cool-down in stocking feet.

I did bring enough to drink, though. One ice coffee and one bottle of cold water. That I will repeat.

So after that, I took a very satisfying shower, then I put my dog on the treadmill for her walk. She was trying to get on it even as I was walking and I had to keep telling her "no." Cutie pie! So she did a half hour and covered a full mile. She wasn't acting like she wanted to get off and I stayed in the room with her the whole time.

So she and I are going to be getting fit together. My goal is to do 3 miles on the treadmill every day of the week except the two days that I work as a volunteer at an equine therapy center, and I'll have to add in an exception for days where I have something special going on. This coming Saturday will be one of those types of days. It's a fundraiser for the equine therapy center and I'll be there most of the day.

I'm so glad I finally got off my lazy arse and walked!!! Thank you, Lord. It's not about motivation as much as it is about determination.
YAY good for you!!!!! Doesn't it feel wonderful!!!...Pop on some upbeat P&W or music that gets you moving and it gets better
Old 07-23-2012, 10:11 AM   #840
Big Yapper!

What's P+W? I usually would prefer music when I'm working out but now that the treadmill is in the same room as the desktop computer, I chose to go with streaming video. Much better distraction and no annoying commercials.

I was awake all night again. Didn't get a nap in until almost 10 am and then I woke at 1. It will have to suffice. Was stormy this morning. We got lots of rain and lots of thunder. Now the sun is back out and I'm happy. Looks like my barn day won't be a wash-out after all.

Talk again later. Hugs!
Closed Thread