Senior LCF Member

Gallery: EmBee
Stats: 262/231.4/130
WOE: VLCD hHCG
Start Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Thank you.

$1000??? Discount?? Please! Do you have to pay to keep that blog? It looks too nice to be free. By "pain in the butt", do you mean Sciatica? That can be terrible. I'm hoping that my hip problems will improve as the weight comes off, but until I get back with the program, that remains a pipe dream.
I do pay like 5.00 a month (so cheap) but I use it for my businesses so I can justify it. Word Press does a free one as well and Blogger too (I used those before and they look really nice as well)

The Pain in the butt ...hmmmm, 2 years ago I fractured my sacral joint, symptoms are very similar to Sciatica ....in fact my Chiro thought that is what is was until I wasn't getting better and he ordered an MRI $$$$ That was on my EXERCISE like an insane woman kick...I was walking daily, doing double workout classes three times a week, working out everyday, taking ballroom dancing and decided Hey thats not enough since I am not losing, so lets add a spin class (such a bad choice) I strained something after that class, and On opening night of a Community play the family and I were in, I FELL UP (yep not down UP) the stairs and had major pain after that. So the 20 pounds that took 2 years to lose all came rushing back, since I couldn't do ANYTHING! UG

So now, I was doing well and behaving doing Aquatic workouts while on the HCG and decided to join hubby and 3 of the 4 kids in a "Body Sculpt class"...I was doing GREAT...kept up with the weights etc, then she pulled a lot of squats and jumping squats and instead of modifying I decided to "show off" how well I was doing...sigh (PRIDE..gets me everytime haha) So I strained it! I am babying it. I wanted to be so upset about it, but decided it wasnt worth it...LOL

OOps Sorry for the BOOK! Have fun at the amusement park...You can do so much more now than you could before at the high weight..

Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2012, 02:48 AM   #782
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BluJ
Cheryl.. I think you are a beautiful woman.. Love your cheek bones! Reminds me of Loretta Lynn! Find some rest for yourself!
Old 07-12-2012, 11:37 AM   #783
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
MB, sorry for all the trouble with pain and exercise. Can't say you haven't been trying to lose weight! I have taken the lazy approach ever since I began this journey on Atkins, back in October of 2009. I just can't get myself to work out. I hate it with a passion. When I got involved with the horses, that became a passion and it is the only real form of exercise I'm getting. It's a full-body workout, considering all the muscles that are used, and hauling loads of manure to the pit is an aerobic exercise. (At least for my level of "fitness.")

Thank you, BluJ. How nice of you to say! Are you speaking of the pics in my albums? I deleted the before pics of me in the bathing suit, I think. Just left the ones of old. I do have fairly good bone structure in my face but a very high forehead and genetic crinkles between my eyebrows and across my forehead. And the more I age, the more down-turned the edges of my mouth go, even when I'm smiling. And the turkey waddle! OMG. So awful. I hate my profile cause of that.

I have no idea how good I would look at this age if I was at my best weight and toned-up. I hope someday I'll put in the work and commitment that it will take to find out.

Amusement park was okay. She brought her dog so when she and the kid went on things like the wooden roller coaster, I stayed behind with the dog. I'm not saying I would have gone if the dog wasn't there, but it's not a lot of fun having a dog every moment. I probably would have brought mine if I had remembered they were allowed, but now my memory has been refreshed and I see it isn't a great idea to take mine along.

I rode the Carousel and the train. That's all I did! I was going to ride this paratrooper thing with Brandon but we ran out of time. We hit the water park and then Brandon went swimming in the lake. They have sections roped off and there is no deep water to be had. Kind of sucks.

It was 93 degrees and full sun. We were sweltering. Neither she nor I brought our swim suits so we were hiding in the thin strip of spotty shade along the chain link fence while Brandon had fun in the water. Next time I'll be prepared to get wet.

After sitting on the beach and turning back to look at my sister who was sitting on a lounge chair, and getting back up to leave, I realized I had pulled a muscle or something in my mid-back. Figured I'd wait until we got back to our cars to take my Motrin but I decided to go ahead and pop some before that. It was bad enough that I didn't want to wait 5-10 more minutes.

So, (MB) I'm not in much better shape at this current weight than I was when I was in the 230's. I really feel the weight now that I know what it felt like to have it off of me. I was loving how I looked and felt when I got near to the 150's and the last time we were at this very same amusement park was my one and only day in the 150's. Today I'm nearly 30 lbs heavier. Very sad.

Anyway, we had fun and I was never so glad to get back to my a/c'd car. I was sighing with relief all the way home. Climate Control ROCKS!

Have a fun and safe day, ladies. Time to get caught up on my other threads.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:49 AM   #784
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
Hi Cheryl! I know you were hot at the park. And all that asphalt! UGH!
well, I did 1 loading day and felt so sick last night. No more of that today. I gained 4 lbs! I've never gained so much, so maybe I did it right. Hahahaha
Hope your day is going well. ttys!
Old 07-13-2012, 02:07 AM   #785
Senior LCF Member

No, haven't seen your album yet. I was referring to your former avatar.. Nice cheekbones! LOL..
Old 07-13-2012, 09:49 AM   #786
Big Yapper!

Glad you made the most of your load, but wish it was more enjoyable! Happy P2'ing! Best of luck with this round. I know you'll do ggrrrrreeeaaAAAATTTTTTTT!!!

Okay. Yeah, the impish one, right? I have the "chipmunk cheeks" along with all of my sisters. If you want to see cheekbones and collarbones, see my album. Think I still have my wedding pics in there. When the collarbones appear, I know I don't have far to go toward a weight goal.

I didn't weigh today cause yesterday was completely off any sort of plan. But last night, right before bed, I took a full dose of Milk of Mag. It was the right move because I didn't need to go until 0900. Things are slogging along and I hope to have my gut cleaned out today. If not, I'll take another dose of that "liquid plumber" late tonight.

I'm going to begin eating the way I did last summer. I was losing weight nicely then and that is how I reached the 50's. (Or "touched" the 50's.) I can't afford a lot of spending but I'm buying beer so I need to get real. So I bought some peaches, some tomatoes on the vine (those seem to be the best and my tomato plant has none ready or even beginning to be ready), rolls, (I love tomato sandwiches) yogurts and half n' half for my iced coffees. Next time I shop, I'll buy some cereal and almond milk. (I prefer Silk's to Almond Breeze. It's thicker.)

I had to nibble away at some of my savings but that's just how this month is going to go. Perhaps by August I'll be back in control and at least only drinking beer on the weekends. That would help to plug up that leak in the dam.

I was confiding in my sister (while at the amusement park) and told her that I had set a goal to use my treadmill every day and do 3 miles of walking, building up to some jogging, and that I had yet to do even one session. She simply said, "Drop it down to 1 mile at first. Then at least you'll be on it and you'll likely do more once you get going." I hadn't thought of that, but if the problem is just getting onto it at all, lowering the miles to be walked probably won't help matters. If I got on it, I would still want to do the 3 mile minimum I had set.

I'm feeling a little more hopeful today. I see the light at the end of the tunnel. I think I'm setting myself up for the most workable path to follow for this time of year. I recall how much I was loving eating a summery plan last year and I did lose quite a bit of weight doing that. It was totally painless and enjoyable. So, that's that.

Sorry for yammering on. I seem to have diarrhea of the mind today. I cut my fingernails and for some odd reason, I can always type better and faster with next-to-none on me. Chop-chop!

Have a great Friday, all you nice ladies. I'll be back later on. Let's have an amazing weekend!
Old 07-13-2012, 10:36 AM   #787
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I made yesterday a small load day bc we were buying a car for 5 HOURS! Idk why in the hell it takes so long when they have all our info already! We got another Malibu, green. Ya know it took me a minute to say yes to it bc its green! I swore when I got out of the army I'd never have anything green again! I have no shirts that are green, nothing! But it was a great deal and I love deals. So, I said ok. My son will like it. hahahaha
Watching Chloe today and just fed her her fav. Bolognie, ham and cheese with mayo on it. No bread! LOL I took her earrings out, one ear is infected. She isn't messing with it, but looks kinda like it hurts. Putting antibiotic ointment and peroxide on it.
Sounds like you're getting the right mindset for your diet. You CAN do this, I know you can. Just stay focused and make up your mind not to fail. Thats what I'm doing.
well chloe needs a nap! crazy kid! LOL

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
Old 07-13-2012, 01:23 PM   #788
Big Yapper!

She doesn't like bread? That's funny. WTG, Chloe! I love green. I didn't always love green. I remember as a teenager I once said that I love green on grass and leaves, etc but not on anything else. Now it's my favorite color. Happy for you about the car and hope it serves you well for many years to come.

I have had a tomato sandwich so far today, and 2 iced coffees with half and half. The home-made stuff is pretty good. I googled how to make it and most recommended doing a "cold brew" but it was way too messy and too long of a wait. I just put two extra scoops of coffee grounds into the pot and turn off the heater so that it shuts right off after it's done brewing. After it cools, I pour the pot into a large Rubbermaid container and put it into the fridge. Very good and convenient.

I'm doing a pore cleansing treatment right now. I've done it once before and I think it worked well, but this time I did it differently and it's taking forever to dry completely. Won't do it that way again. But it's something I learned on Youtube. You take a piece of toilet tissue or whatever and tear off a strip that will fit the area you want to cleanse. Crack an egg and do the back and forth thing with the yolk to separate it from the whites. Give the yolk to your dog (that's my own step. ). Place strip of tissue over area and paint it with the whites of the egg, using your fingers. When you have it saturated, leave it in place until totally hardened. Peal and check out what came out along with it.

If it doesn't work well the way I did it (I dipped the tissue into the whites, then applied it), I'll do it again but won't dip it this time. And I'll steam my pores before applying it. I tried to open my pores using a microwaved face cloth but it kept cooling off too fast. I even placed it inside a plastic shopping bag but it wouldn't stay hot. Will go with steam next.

So, I'm having a homey day. No leaving the abode for me! I love days like this. No need to roam, no desire to roam. Just hanging at home in my pj's.

Just pealed off the nose strip. It worked! Will do it again once I peal the other one off. I want to see how much better I can get it to work. Much cheaper than the store-bought nose strips!

Last edited by CherylB; 07-13-2012 at 01:42 PM..
Old 07-13-2012, 01:41 PM   #789
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzi7
Stats: 265/165 rd3p2/goal this round 140
WOE: vegetarian/organic/hHcg rogue, No-S for Life
Start Date: 5/11/12
Quote:
I'm doing a pore cleansing treatment right now. I've done it once before and I think it worked well, but this time I did it differently and it's taking forever to dry completely. Won't do it that way again. But it's something I learned on Youtube. You take a piece of toilet tissue or whatever and tear off a strip that will fit the area you want to cleanse. Crack and egg and do the back and forth thing with the yolk to separate it from the whites. Give the yolk to your dog (that's my own step. ). Place strip of tissue over area and paint it with the whites of the egg, using your fingers. When you have it saturated, leave it in place until totally hardened. Peal and check out what came out along with it.

If it doesn't work well the way I did it (I dipped the tissue into the whites, then applied it), I'll do it again but won't dip it this time. And I'll steam my pores before applying it. I tried to open my pores using a microwaved face cloth but it kept cooling off too fast. I even placed it inside a plastic shopping bag but it wouldn't stay hot. Will go with steam next.

So, I'm having a homey day. No leaving the abode for me! I love days like this. No need to roam, no desire to roam. Just hanging at home in my pj's.

Just pealed off the nose strip. It worked! Will do it again once I peal the other one off. I want to see how much better I can get it to work. Much cheaper than the store-bought nose strips!
omg u just brought a flash-back! My grandma showed me how to do this. back before those expensive "rip-strips" (my name for them).... now I remember! She was my mentor for all things feminine. (course she had crazy wild streak too. lol) I remember her telling me "You'll have the skin that you deserve when you're 40", stuff like that. She was a tiny woman (must have ate the right stuff cuz she was never a pound overweight), less than 5' tall. Jet black hair, the bluest eyes, and the finest porcelain skin. I thought she was the most beautiful woman in the world and I adored her! I'll have to think what else she used to use. Gonna go mix me some egg whites. lol.......... Cheryl, thanks for the memory!

R1P2: 5/13-6/19/12, 165/150(LDW)
R2P2: 7/16-8/14/12 forgetting this round ever happened. grr.
R3P2: 8/29-???, 162/152 VLCD9

Ultimate Goal: 125
Old 07-13-2012, 01:48 PM   #790
Big Yapper!

And thank YOU for sharing your memory with us! I wish I had a gramma like that. She must have been so cute! How old was she when she passed, if you don't mind my asking. I'm always curious how health nuts actually die, to see if their efforts really paid-off in the long run.

Hope you have fun with your pore cleanse! I'm on my second attempt. This time I steamed first. Didn't steam for long, but it might have been long enough. I'll try to do this at least weekly to see if I can get the pores to stay clean (and smaller.) I have bad skin issues all along my upper shoulders and back of my neck/back. I'm guessing because those are areas that are harder to reach when bathing, but I also think it's genetic. My Mom has similar problems with those areas. I might do the egg white treatment to those places later on, too.

RIP, Gramma! You rocked!

Last edited by CherylB; 07-13-2012 at 01:49 PM..
Old 07-13-2012, 05:52 PM   #791
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
She doesn't like bread? That's funny. WTG, Chloe! I love green. I didn't always love green. I remember as a teenager I once said that I love green on grass and leaves, etc but not on anything else. Now it's my favorite color. Happy for you about the car and hope it serves you well for many years to come.

I have had a tomato sandwich so far today, and 2 iced coffees with half and half. The home-made stuff is pretty good. I googled how to make it and most recommended doing a "cold brew" but it was way too messy and too long of a wait. I just put two extra scoops of coffee grounds into the pot and turn off the heater so that it shuts right off after it's done brewing. After it cools, I pour the pot into a large Rubbermaid container and put it into the fridge. Very good and convenient.

I'm doing a pore cleansing treatment right now. I've done it once before and I think it worked well, but this time I did it differently and it's taking forever to dry completely. Won't do it that way again. But it's something I learned on Youtube. You take a piece of toilet tissue or whatever and tear off a strip that will fit the area you want to cleanse. Crack an egg and do the back and forth thing with the yolk to separate it from the whites. Give the yolk to your dog (that's my own step. ). Place strip of tissue over area and paint it with the whites of the egg, using your fingers. When you have it saturated, leave it in place until totally hardened. Peal and check out what came out along with it.

I love HOMEY DAYS! and Mater sandwiches.
This pore clease idea is cool, I will have to try it with my teenage girls. Right now I am trying to avoid the homemade Tapioca pudding in the fridge...Hubby requested it, I made it healthy (no sugar, but with xylitol and coconut milk and heavy cream. It did need a little cornstarch though) and he doesn't care but now I am tempted by it... Honestly I've already scarfed down a couple tablespoons. Hoping my "tea" will wash it right out hahahaha
Old 07-13-2012, 06:59 PM   #792
Big Yapper!

That's tough, MB. Being a mom and wife and being the only one on a strict diet plan. I would be a goner. I once was a step-mom and wife and managed to do Atkins '72 but I was younger and still got away with a cheat here and there. Not to mention the daily vodka and crystal lite drinks I had. LOL.

So have you decided to keep on keepin' on with your P2? I had second thoughts of what I suggested to you and now I think you should keep on going as long as you can. Many of us have problems with later rounds. It's like you lose your steam or something. It has to be a psychological thing but I've yet to figure it out. Round 2 has a reputation for being a bugger.

I think you should stay the course but do refeeds when you really get stalled or when there is a family event where you just have to eat what's being eaten (ie Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.)

I can't wait for more of my growing tomatoes to present themselves as ready for the eating. I bought a plant that was meant to grow its life out in a pot but I wasn't happy with the results so I planted it and gave it a real tomato cage and I've been watering it daily. Lots of green ones on there and other flower buds in the making, so it might kick into high-gear in a week or so. I am impatient, though.

So far today I ate a mater sandwich (Keiser roll, mayo, tomato, salt,) a can of beef ravioli (thanks to the Food Pantry), a peach that wasn't juicy at all, and lastly a nuked potato with butter, bacon bits, ranch dressing, salt and pepper. I've also been drinking beer and had two iced coffees. But even with all that food eaten, it's so much less than I would have had if I'd gone hog-wild. I know that I can lose weight eating like this. Done it before (but I think I used the I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray, which I still have) and I'm going to do it again.

Night, ladies. Sleep tight. Sweet dreams and stay safe.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:02 PM   #793
Big Yapper!

Do you ever think of calling yourself by one of your two names, rather than using the initials? I mean, that equine manager goes by M.E. (for Mary Ellen) and when we call her that, it sounds a lot like "Emmy." But in your case, have you ever just gone by Mary or Beth? I don't know what I'd do if it was my name. It's not like Mary Beth is any hardship to type or say! Ya know? Anyway, ....
Old 07-13-2012, 07:18 PM   #794
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Do you ever think of calling yourself by one of your two names, rather than using the initials? I mean, that equine manager goes by M.E. (for Mary Ellen) and when we call her that, it sounds a lot like "Emmy." But in your case, have you ever just gone by Mary or Beth? I don't know what I'd do if it was my name. It's not like Mary Beth is any hardship to type or say! Ya know? Anyway, ....
Hahahaha my name is actually Mary Elizabeth, my mom and those close to me have always called me Mary or MaryBeth, but Mary sounds soooo plain I began introducing myself as MaryBeth...then my really close friends started calling me MB. When I was praying one day (not to sound like a flake) I got the name of my website, EmBee's Place. So it just stuck...I can go by whatever you want to call me, I am not fussy
Old 07-13-2012, 09:29 PM   #795
Big Yapper!

OH! So you are really another M.E.! Now I'm really confused. (Just kidding you.) That's cool that you heard or received that in prayer. I'd stick with that, too! Embee it is! Night, Embee.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:21 AM   #796
Senior LCF Member

Where is your album located? Can't find it. Says you don't exsist. LOL!
Old 07-14-2012, 12:46 PM   #797
Big Yapper!

Click on my username click "view public profile", and look to the right of the screen that pops up. There are "albums" but not "gallery." Not sure why that is, but I've learned to adjust.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:42 PM   #798
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi cheryl! poppin in to say hi !
What ya do today? I'm chillin by myself. Noone home but me! Chlobug is with dad til 7 and hubby worked and now is at his moms and dd works til 6. Peace n quiet!
Old 07-14-2012, 02:04 PM   #799
Big Yapper!

I hope "Dad" has learned how to take better care of her after the first debacle. Yeesh! How many hours does he have her today? Anyway, I'm glad you are having a quiet day at home in the coolth. I went out to have my hair cut but the chick who cut it the first time is already gone. I had this cut by someone I didn't know and she had some weird name like Lindiana or something of that nature. She was one of those who barely touch your hair as they're cutting it. I like the ones that aren't afraid to grab onto it and make it do what they want it too! Ya know? So that will be my last cut at that place. Will seek out a place much closer to home, and cheaper.

After that I stopped at Kmart to buy a curling iron that is the size and type of the one I borrowed from the lady who lives upstairs. I found the same exact one and it was only $13. Now anytime I want to look decent, there it is. Then I texted my Mom to tell her I was coming by to drop off the wedding dvd I made on June 30th at nephew's wedding. I stayed and coached her through getting the dvd started and it was a good thing because she's getting less and less capable of doing that stuff herself. It's sad and it's only going to get sadder.

Now I'm home and I'm trying so hard not to order food for delivery. It's hot as hell here and I don't want to go back outside. What I really want is ice cream but they don't deliver. I mean, I guess they do but YKWIM.

How's the new car? Are you eager to take it on a trip to see your DS? When's the next road trip? Now you'll be riding in comfort and Chloe will be so nice and comfy. Yea!

Have a fun and relaxing day cause when Chloe gets back home, it will be time to trouble-shoot.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:19 PM   #800
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LMBO! "troubleshoot"! He has her 7 hours. 4e picked her up at noon and he brings her home at 7. Oh, he better have given her food and her milk! Mom will be home this time when he brings her back.
Next road trip is up in the air. I wanted to go in sept but now, don't know! I'll have to do some major penny pinching to go then. I haven't told him yet that we may not come. I hate disappointing him.
I need my hair cut too. My dd is a stylist so theres no excuse for my hair looking bad. LOL it needs colored too!
But glad you have yours cut. Prob feels good!
I watched The Vow....what a tear jerker! Good romantic movie though. Now I'm rewatching The Bounty Hunter (jennifer aniston). I haven't seen it in a while.
Have a nice evening!
Old 07-14-2012, 06:30 PM   #801
Big Yapper!

Okay, so what is the "B" in LMBO? Boobs? Butt? Belly? I won't be able to sleep tonight, not knowing. Well, by now Chloe is home and hopefully all went better today with her Dad than the first time out with him.

That's nice to have your dd do your hair. I'd much rather have a family member do mine but I don't know of any who I could trust with scissors. My bangs look like my Mother cut them.

My computer is freezing up so I posted the above before I lost it, now I'm editing. I will like my hair more tomorrow after I've washed and dried it. It's the only way it looks the way I want it to. Paying for the beautician to style it is always a waste of time and money because I go straight home and wash it to get it undone as soon as I can. YUCK.

Off to bed soon. I hope we all get a restful nights sleep tonight.

Last edited by CherylB; 07-14-2012 at 06:33 PM..
Old 07-14-2012, 07:19 PM   #802
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Okay, so what is the "B" in LMBO? Boobs? Butt? Belly? I won't be able to sleep tonight, not knowing. Well, by now Chloe is home and hopefully all went better today with her Dad than the first time out with him.

That's nice to have your dd do your hair. I'd much rather have a family member do mine but I don't know of any who I could trust with scissors. My bangs look like my Mother cut them.

My computer is freezing up so I posted the above before I lost it, now I'm editing. I will like my hair more tomorrow after I've washed and dried it. It's the only way it looks the way I want it to. Paying for the beautician to style it is always a waste of time and money because I go straight home and wash it to get it undone as soon as I can. YUCK.

Off to bed soon. I hope we all get a restful nights sleep tonight.

Its Butt...or buns what ever you prefer...roflmbo
Old 07-14-2012, 07:26 PM   #803
Big Yapper!

Okay. Thanks for clearing that up for me. I'd never seen anyone cleaning up the LMAO and the like. I guess that makes sense.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:56 PM   #804
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hahahaha yeah, sometimes I'd rather say lmbo! Believe me, I use a$$ alot!
Well, I think things went ok with Jason (chloes dad). She came home real super wet and my dd confronted him & he said he changed her right before they left his house. hmmmm Its only a 20 min ride. Makes me wonder why there were only 2 diapers used in 7 hrs.
She was fed right before they left, but wondering about the other 6 hrs. He put a pic up of her eating a chicken nugget, so he must've gotten her nuggets and fries. great. Oh well, she ate.
I took a quick pic of the car but gonna have to put it in my gallery. Idk how to post pics in threads on my phone. too complicated! LOL!
well, I'm very tired and have to go sleep with chloe at 6:30 am. My dd is going to a 8 am service which is 45 mins away with the new bf, his sister and her hubby. Then they're going to a 11 am service with his dad. geeze!
ttys!
Old 07-15-2012, 09:12 AM   #805
Big Yapper!

Morning! LMBO looks like Limbo to me. I guess Jason will get the hang of this Fatherhood thing over time and repetition. At least they love her and want to be a part of her world. So many guys don't. Hope her little soggy bottom isn't breaking down.

I looked for the pic of the car but there are only two albums; one for Chloe and one for Shawn. I opened them both up just in case it was in those folders but it wasn't. I have trouble uploading phone pics, too. Technology is fun, when it works.

DD is sure getting a lot of church these days! Do you think she and this guy will hook up long term? I hope he's a wonderful man and lives by Godly principals of being a man in a relationship with a woman. I thought I found me one of those in TX but I was just willingly blind. I wanted to leave CT and that was my best chance at the time.

I'm really thinking about doing the No S Diet, since I can't seem to follow any other plan. That would be no snacks, no sweets and no seconds except (sometimes) on days which start with S or "S"pecial occasions. I'm adding one more "no" to that list: I'm calling beer "suds" and rule number 4 will be no suds except for...

So today is an S day so I will carry on as already planned, but tomorrow the s days are behind me and I must straighten up and fly right. God willing, I can do this. At least this is a plan that I can truly do forever. No beginnings or endings with this one, just practice, practice, practice.

I washed and styled my own hair today and it looks great! A bit long in the back so it looks like an old-fashioned shag. But she asked me how much I wanted taken off the back so I got what I asked for. I hate that! That's why I started to cut my own hair and continued to do that for a couple of years. If I have to make the decision of how each strand is cut, I'll just do it myself and save some time, trouble and money.

I'm totally off of sleeping pills, which was one of my big goals for this summer. I have reached it but I guess I just have to learn to sleep the way my own biorhythms dictate. I am usually up until 2 or 3 and then fall asleep and wake around 11 or 12, like someone who works the 2nd shift. It is what it is. I will just tailor my life to my sleep schedule.

I really should be jumping for joy and majorly patting myself on the back for kicking sleeping pills. I've been taking them regularly (legally) since 2003. And before that I was taking them on occasion. (Let's face it. Nurses can do those things so easily.)

I rearranged my office/workout room yesterday, to see if I could make the treadmill more appealing and alluring. I tried once again to get the office computer to hook up to the internet and stream video but alas, it just won't. The modem is upstairs and the office is on a separate level from their home, and two rooms behind their farthest wall. The modem is in the front of their apartment so the modem and my office computer are at opposite poles of the house. (We've tried moving it to the closest wall but he recently bought a "better modem" and says that this one can't go near the back of the house.)

We've tried everything, including him giving me a wireless router which is plugged into an outlet in my office, but it just isn't strong enough. PO'd because free internet is part of the rental package. Come to find out, the cable company is unaware that this is a two-family dwelling so we can't have two modems here without causing suspicion. I think I'm going to call my landlady and tell her the dilemma I'm in and see if we can figure this out. I mean, if it was a one-family home and a large one, one modem wouldn't work for the entire house anyway. It's just not right.

One thing I need to try is to plug in an ethernet cable from the computer to the router to see if it will work. I don't need a desk-top computer to be wireless so it makes sense to just go wired. Can't find my ethernet cable since I moved. Will put it on my list of things to hunt for over at the house. I did look for it last time but came up empty handed.

Wow, this is going to be long. Will post now before I lose it.

Last edited by CherylB; 07-15-2012 at 09:22 AM..
Old 07-15-2012, 09:30 AM   #806
Big Yapper!

I just sent a series of texts to the guy upstairs. Hopefully we can get this sorted out once and for all, cause it's been an ongoing situation from the time I moved it. That was in MAY. Enough, already! If we can't fix this, the landlady will need to.

Have a great day, all you ladies! Stay cool if you can.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:51 AM   #807
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I just have to tell ya I'm down some more! Lost 1.8 again, now I'm below my start wt by 1 pound. Total is 5.3 lbs with load weight. I count it bc I gained it eating! LOL
Hope ya get that computer stuff figured out. You *should* have it since its included.
Dd is still gone, guess shes having fun. She was looking forward to getting to pay attention in church. I cant wait to hear about his dad. Bf doesn't care for him much. idk!
I'm cooking on the grill today....steak, chicken, hot dogs, potatoes & green beans. Mmmmm

You're not gonna believe this! I just weighed again and I'm down another pound! Guess I weighed too early!!!!
Old 07-15-2012, 10:40 AM   #808
Big Yapper!

wow!!!!!
Old 07-16-2012, 11:54 AM   #809
Big Yapper!

Okay. I don't think I've talked about this on the journal yet so if I have, please forgive me for repeating myself. I really think it will be new info, though.

I've decided to try the No S Diet (but calling it WOE instead.) The No S Diet There's the link to the new thread that Terri posted. Believe it or not, it's the very first thread ever posted on LCF about this plan. The WOE is totally explained in the first post so if you have questions, just head over there and feast your eyes.

I love it for a few reasons but the biggest one is that it is a life plan! Not a diet, but something that can guide me for the rest of my life. Not a quick fix but something that I can definitely live with and not be going on and off of it and failing time and time again. This is right up my alley.

I'm only going to weigh in on Saturday mornings (or whatever time I wake up that day; usually around noon, if this current pattern persists.) I'm also going to start (FINALLY) using my treadmill on a daily basis. I may not use it on Mondays and Tuesdays which are the two days I do the equine care stuff, but I might push myself to do just one mile (just to be consistent with the every day thing.) I will do 3 miles on non-barn days.

With the decrease in calories and the increase in heart rate and ultimately metabolism, I'm bound to drop some lbs and start to feel much better about myself and my future very soon.

I need to go get ready for the farm. Wish me luck with my new Skin So Soft bug repellent wipes. Just received them from Amazon last week and I'm hoping they work as well as they are purported to. I'm tired of being fed upon by those damn flies. I will apply the wipe at home, before I leave. Then I'll place it back into a little ziplock baggie and put it in my pocket for reapplication after sweating and rinsing off with cool water. I hope it has enough stuff on it for two applications.

Catch you all later! Hope your days are going great. Let's have an amazing week, in spite of the heat!
Old 07-16-2012, 02:43 PM   #810
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've heard of the NO S diet. Good luck, hope its something you like doing. Thats the key.
How was the farm today? Hot there? Its 90* here! Same for tomorrow too.
I had a .4 loss today. Making the total 6.7 lbs lost. Yippeeee! My big loss yesterday of 2.8 stuck too. Today my lunch was greek yogurt, cucumbers, strawberries and cottage cheese. I was full ! LOL I'm not giving up the yogurt. I love it too much.
Having a chicken salad for dinner. yummm!
ttys!
Closed Thread