Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2012, 10:13 AM   #721
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
I just saw your post! You'll get this figured out. You have to really want it. WHY do you want to lose weight? Ask yourself that question and write down your answers. Look at them every day. I did that and it helps me. Maybe it will you too.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2012, 10:18 AM   #722
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Hi, ladies. Tammy, I want to do your post justice and reply in more detail but I will need to do that later. So much good news! Laughing about how frugal you are. Will tell you some stories about the guy I lived with in TX. He might have been worse than you are.

Cathy (and Tammy), I don't know why I don't get the options to save the pics to my computer. I can't save them to a place like Photo Bucket or Flicker if I can't save them to the computer. It's a glitch of some sort. I will figure it out. I know you are all interested to see how I looked. Frankly, I'd like to post them.

I've posted many a pic on LCF so I know how to do it. It's getting them to upload off the camera itself that I'm having problems with. It's a new laptop so I had to load the software that the camera came with. I connected the camera with the USB and then I'm able to see the pics on the screen but I can't take it all the way to success.

I'll BBL, you two. Thanks for popping in to say hello!
Old 07-02-2012, 10:18 AM   #723
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tay65 View Post
I just saw your post! You'll get this figured out. You have to really want it. WHY do you want to lose weight? Ask yourself that question and write down your answers. Look at them every day. I did that and it helps me. Maybe it will you too.
Very good suggestion. I will do that.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:30 AM   #724
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Hi, ladies. Tammy, I want to do your post justice and reply in more detail but I will need to do that later. So much good news! Laughing about how frugal you are. Will tell you some stories about the guy I lived with in TX. He might have been worse than you are.

Cathy (and Tammy), I don't know why I don't get the options to save the pics to my computer. I can't save them to a place like Photo Bucket or Flicker if I can't save them to the computer. It's a glitch of some sort. I will figure it out. I know you are all interested to see how I looked. Frankly, I'd like to post them.

I've posted many a pic on LCF so I know how to do it. It's getting them to upload off the camera itself that I'm having problems with. It's a new laptop so I had to load the software that the camera came with. I connected the camera with the USB and then I'm able to see the pics on the screen but I can't take it all the way to success.

I'll BBL, you two. Thanks for popping in to say hello!
Cheryl, you can email them to me if you wish and I will do it for you... if you want to, I will PM you my email addy
Old 07-02-2012, 10:39 AM   #725
Big Yapper!

I can't do ANYTHING with them. That's the problem, Cathy. I can't get them off of the camera, period. I can view them on the laptop but I can't even rotate the ones that are sideways, etc. I'll work on it right now and see if I can get this accomplished.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:41 AM   #726
Major LCF Poster!

Ahh, well thats another story then... wish I could help you out hun!
Old 07-02-2012, 10:54 AM   #727
Big Yapper!

Okay. I think I got it, but I had to click "import all" and not just be able to select the ones I wanted to upload. Here are a few. None of them show me looking as good as I thought I looked. In the mirror, I looked a heck of a lot better.

The one with my shoes off was taken by someone else. I asked them to take it. The angle is bad. The one with the shoes is after I got home. I did a few timer shots and this is the best of the three of them. The angle is also bad. The one of the family is my nephew's paternal side, plus his parents (my sister and her hubby) and his sister and her partner. They are from Portugal. (Hubby and his kin.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 140.jpg (30.5 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg 132.jpg (26.8 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg 118.jpg (35.5 KB, 52 views)
Old 07-02-2012, 01:11 PM   #728
Major LCF Poster!

Cheryl very nice! YOU definitely found a dress that looks very flattering on you! You look great!! Glad that you had fun, sorry you had too much fun and suffered the next day Cant drink anymore due to hangovers... miserable!! Glad you figured out the camera too!!
Old 07-02-2012, 04:34 PM   #729
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
I love the dress--very flattering style. (I have several in my closet that look just like that!) And I like what you did with your hair--tousled with lots of lift, always flattering! You look great!
Old 07-02-2012, 04:46 PM   #730
Big Yapper!

I'm glad I was able to post a few pics too. I get very frustrated when I can't figure out how to do things that I used to have so little trouble doing. It makes me feel old and decrepid.

Thanks for the compliments. The pictures really don't show the me I saw when I looked into the mirrors. I thought I looked a lot better! My hair came out great. One person even asked if I had done it myself. I should have taken some pics in the mirror.

Back from barn duty today. Did the usual stuff but also did the counting of hay bales as they were unloaded from the truck and stacked into the hay room and up above the barn in the attic. We are over-flowing with hay now (all cut and baled from "our" fields.) Still more to come. Have no idea where they'll find room.

So I groomed three horses and did the usual paddock cleaning, then the hay started being delivered and I went over to help. I got stuck counting bales and it turns out to be a sucky job that nobody really does more than once. It gets confusing! I did my best but I'm sure I'm off by a few. If there is a next time, I'll help to unload or stack.

The flies were so bad today that when I got there, Big Red was almost begging me to spray him with fly spray. I went into the barn and got it, then when I came back, he practically ran to me and stood very still as I sprayed him all over. Daphne, Lola and Frodo weren't cooperating at all. They kept running from the bottle. When I spritzed Calvin, I held my hand over his nostrils but sprayed his face. He curled his lip so funny! I told him I was sorry but it was for his own good. The flies leave chunks out of the horses and streaks of blood are left behind.

They each have a netted thing they wear that protects their ears, eyes and most of their heads, but it can only cover so much. The rest is vulnerable.

I too am covered with bug bites. They never seem to get the chance to heal and I get bunches more. They leave great, big welts. I got some left over from last week at the barn, then got more from the picnic after the wedding and got some fresh ones today. The staff girl got stung by a bee when she went to hang up a halter on a hook. I hate summer.

Time to eat. bbl

Last edited by CherylB; 07-02-2012 at 04:54 PM..
Old 07-02-2012, 04:48 PM   #731
Big Yapper!

Thanks Jessica.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:34 PM   #732
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: RileyWorm
Cheryl I think you look fabulous in those pics! Too often we are our own worst critic. You clean up good, girl!
Old 07-03-2012, 05:39 PM   #733
Big Yapper!

LOL! Thanks, Erin. I agree. We see ourselves and we recall better days and it spoils how we look at our best "right now." I gave it my all.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:41 PM   #734
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzi7
Stats: 265/165 rd3p2/goal this round 140
WOE: vegetarian/organic/hHcg rogue, No-S for Life
Start Date: 5/11/12
beautiful dress... and you look good in it. lol. to quote Erin "you clean up good, girl!"
Old 07-03-2012, 05:43 PM   #735
Big Yapper!

Got another change of plans. I have to renew my nursing license this month so that $100 has to come out of my bare-bones-budget. That means it comes out of the food/drink budget. That means I'm eating what I have already got in the house, and what I can get from my two trips to the local food pantry this month.

They do not have an abundance of quality food. Let's face it. It's all high-carb starchy stuff. But I will take what I can get and save as much money as I can. Next month will hopefully be a different story, but this is the hard cold facts of July.

I'll still keep the calories controlled and we will all watch my weight drop down this month. Of that I'm certain. There will be no booze, no pizza, no chinese food. No taking out my wallet and swiping my debit card on any kind of whim. It will do me some serious good to go this month spending as little as I can. I have been so out of control for so long. And that is the root of all this dieting-disaster evil.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:44 PM   #736
Big Yapper!

Thanks, Suzi!
Old 07-03-2012, 05:46 PM   #737
Big Yapper!

... and just as soon as my injured toe on my left foot is healed, I implement the daily treadmill routine. That will help me burn off some of those carbs!
Old 07-03-2012, 05:52 PM   #738
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pendragginp
I agree, you picked a good dress, Cheryl, and your hair is darling! I like the shoes too. Is that your fireplace in the background of the first picture?

And some unknown whirled you away on the dance floor! You go girl! <applause>

Old 07-03-2012, 07:25 PM   #739
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cheryl you looked so nice! Don't be so hard on yourself. I agree with the others, you clean up good! LOL
No plans tomorrow, how bout you? We're buying a new gas grill (ours went ka-put!) and cook hot dogs and hamburgs. Hope my stomach settles down. I've been so nauscious today. I couldn't even watch Chloe.
Well, going to sleep. Good night!
Old 07-03-2012, 07:36 PM   #740
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragginp View Post
I agree, you picked a good dress, Cheryl, and your hair is darling! I like the shoes too. Is that your fireplace in the background of the first picture?

And some unknown whirled you away on the dance floor! You go girl! <applause>

You guys are cracking me up! Yes, to my horror, my slow dance with the groom lasted all of about 10 seconds. I love the dress I bought but it will look a heck of a lot better the next time I wear it. And if it's too baggy, I'll have it taken in.

My hair was super easy! I have a new-found respect for small-barrel curling irons. Yes, that is the natural gas vent-free "wood stove" in my new duplex. By my elbow are my two relatively new gold fish and in the background is my bedroom. I love it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tay65 View Post
Cheryl you looked so nice! Don't be so hard on yourself. I agree with the others, you clean up good! LOL
No plans tomorrow, how bout you? We're buying a new gas grill (ours went ka-put!) and cook hot dogs and hamburgs. Hope my stomach settles down. I've been so nauscious today. I couldn't even watch Chloe.
Well, going to sleep. Good night!
Enjoy your bbq on the new grill! No plans here, either. I have barn duty and I might do a drive-by in the old neighborhood to see if the annual block party is going to happen. I'd be surprised if it happened mid-week. No clue.

At this point, with needing to go without booze this month for finacial reasons, I don't think it's wise to track down that party, even if it's going down tomorrow. I'll just see what fireworks I can see from home. I'm sure I'll see some.

I'm sorry you are feeling so poorly. There's nothing wrong with my stomach. Do you know what is causing your nausea? I hope it passes quickly.

It's getting late here so I'm going to settle-in for the night. Thanks to all you ladies for puffing my ego up.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:39 PM   #741
Big Yapper!

Forgot to mention we are supposed to have storms in the morning and the afternoon here tomorrow so I'm hoping most people are putting off their 4th of July festivities. It might be a rainy barn day for me. My plan to split my days is back-firing in the very first week.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:34 PM   #742
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jt_gmotu
WOE: Rx hCG sublingual
Quote:
Okay. I think I got it, but I had to click "import all" and not just be able to select the ones I wanted to upload. Here are a few. None of them show me looking as good as I thought I looked. In the mirror, I looked a heck of a lot better.

The one with my shoes off was taken by someone else. I asked them to take it. The angle is bad. The one with the shoes is after I got home. I did a few timer shots and this is the best of the three of them. The angle is also bad. The one of the family is my nephew's paternal side, plus his parents (my sister and her hubby) and his sister and her partner. They are from Portugal. (Hubby and his kin.)
The dress you got looks great! I'll be looking forsomething for a September wedding and this style looks lovely! Thanks for posting and Hugs to you with the stuff you're working through.

Jodie in AZ
Old 07-04-2012, 02:44 AM   #743
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: minimonkey
Stats: 5'0" -- very small frame
WOE: Clean eating, whole foods
Cheryl -- the dress is fabulous, and I seriously might have to steal the shoes!
Old 07-04-2012, 09:21 AM   #744
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt_gmotu View Post
The dress you got looks great! I'll be looking forsomething for a September wedding and this style looks lovely! Thanks for posting and Hugs to you with the stuff you're working through.

Jodie in AZ
Thanks, Jodie. Nice to meet you! Are you a lurker here or over on the rogue hcg thread? I'm getting a lot of traffic from over there, after I said I had pics on my journal. I bought the dress at Macy's and it's a Ralph Lauren. I'm sure you can find it where you live, especially if you go online and order it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimonkey View Post
Cheryl -- the dress is fabulous, and I seriously might have to steal the shoes!
The shoes are killer (in more ways than one.) They have cork on the bottom and a very thin, tall heel. The wedding was outside so I had to walk literally on tip-toe for the ceremony or I was aerating their freaking lawn.

Down another lb today, ladies. Barn day. Neck/chest rash is in full swing. I'm thinking there must have been something mixed in with all that hay that we loaded on Monday. I'll ask and see if anyone else is rashy. It's angry looking. Hope it goes away FAST!

The only other thing I recall doing that day was I touched my neck to one of the horses' stall ledges. He was resting his muzzle on my left neck area and I was loving it so much that I leaned the other side of my neck against his stall. Might have been something on the wood. But it was so cute, what he was doing. He tucked his nose right in against my neck and then settled down and allowed his nose to rest there. It was like having him sleep with his head on my shoulder for a few minutes.

Well, I'll be back later on. Happy 4th of July!!! America!

Last edited by CherylB; 07-04-2012 at 09:24 AM..
Old 07-04-2012, 07:39 PM   #745
Big Yapper!

Had a nasty-@$$ day at the barn. Flies were biting me through my clothes! And I sprayed not only my exposed skin but all over my clothing; front, back and sides. The other chick didn't show up until 5 pm so all the "nasty work" was done. Come to find out, that's when she normally comes so I won't be doing any more Wednesdays. One was enough.

Got home and was feeling so sweaty and nasty that I decided to just go ahead and get a little grosser. I took my potted tomato plant and stuck it in the ground. I gave it lots of water and a brand new tomato cage. Well, new as far as it's concerned. Now it will get bigger than it would have, will stay more hydrated and I'll get bigger and better 'maters.

After that I dragged my tired body into the shower and washed off all the grunge. I drank tons of water today. Two cups of coffee with cream and that was it until about 8 pm when I ate a toasted english muffin with a thin layer of peanut butter and some honey. It was Goooooood.

Now it's late and I need to chill out. Got a man coming tomorrow at 3:30 to buy my a/c unit!!!! That's what I'm hoping, anyway. He's bringing a hand truck and a helper so it's looking good. I sent him pics and dimensions so he knows it will fit. Oh God! Let this sucker go tomorrow to its new home!

That will save my financial bacon if it sells. But I will still try to do this month on a very strict food budget. If I can lose weight and still eat food I enjoy and save money in the bargain, how could it be any better than that???

Night! Hugs all around.

Last edited by CherylB; 07-04-2012 at 07:45 PM..
Old 07-04-2012, 07:58 PM   #746
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I bet that woulda made a cute picture of you and the horse.
Hope your neck rash goes away quickly. Try to keep it dry. Nothing like big 'mators! I should get a plant for hubby. Oh, bought him a new gas grill today! What a chore that was for me! I was so unprepared to bring that sucker home. I had help from 2 good samaritans to get it into my trunk and tied down. I was strugglin'! LOL
I wouldn't do Wednesdays either! Thats for the birds! hehehe
I'm watching Chloe for my daughter. She was going to take Chloe to a cookout at 4, but she was sleepy and she was bringing her back about 7 anyways because there was going to be drinking. So hubby and I told her to just leave her with us. Of course her new bf said he was missing her. They really get along well. We just hope this isnt something thats going to last a few months and then Chloe misses him. Ya know? I think my dd needs to limit the time chloe is around him until she sees where this relationship is going.
We are meeting him this sunday and he's going to church with my husbands family. I think he'll like them. Chloe's dad would never go down there and meet them. He always said it was too far. Its 40 minutes! Oh well..... Speaking of Chloe's dad. He is getting her for the FIRST time this saturday from 12-7 pm. Makes me nervous. Chloe doesn't like his mother and she always tries to pick her up! I just hope he feeds her! Chloe won't eat in strange places either.
Well, hope ya had a nice 4th! ttys!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
Old 07-04-2012, 08:30 PM   #747
Big Yapper!

I found some prescription ointment finally and it will take care of the rash in no time. It requires Triamcinolone cream to get it gone but it works in just a couple of days. I think yesterday was its "zenith." Today it's calming down.

I'd pay good money for a picture of me with one of those horses, sharing a moment. That's what makes all the sweating and being bitten by bugs worth it all! I love my horsies!

At least you didn't have to assemble it. That's even worse! God bless all the Good Samaritans of the world.

I hope the boyfriend is a keeper. If he was missing Chloe, that's a very good sign. What a god-send he must be! Have you met him yet? What is the hold-up with that? Get that man inside your house and make it soon. Then you'll know better if he's as good as you think he might be. Size that man UP!

That'll pay me to type responses as I read through the post and not wait until the end! What a goof-ball I am. Okay. So you're meeting him Sunday. Yahoo! He's going to church with your husbands family? How did that happen?

That's a long time for a first alone visit with Chloe and her Dad. Don't worry about Chloe and his Mother. Chloe will get her point across. (Screaming!) Maybe this is exactly what she will need to see that Chloe is already in this independent phase of development. Do they have a clue what her signing means? Please make sure they have gotten a crash course in the basic signs. I would NOT want to see her reaction to being without you for that long and not being able to communicate her needs.

She won't eat in strange places? Oh, boy. I think they'll be coming home earlier than expected. God bless her. I'll try to remember to pray for her that day.

Hope you sleep well! Off to bed myself. It rained here tonight so the fireworks sounds came to an abrupt ending. BUT, no T-storms and shaking dog.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:36 AM   #748
Big Yapper!

Down 1.6 lbs today. I read the scale and thought I'd gone up so I got off and on it again and it gave me the same number. It wasn't until I went to log it in that I realized I was down.

Selling my A/C unit today! Say a prayer, please. Gotta get this thing GONE. It's high-time and it was one of those things that I posted for sale on Craigslist again and again and there was no interest at all. Not even from spammers! Pretty funny.

Have a lovely day, ladies! Stay cool.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:47 AM   #749
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope the guy shows up!
Its steamin' out! I'm staying in today, I think. My dd may wanna do something. The bf is coming over for a while before he goes to work. I get to meet him!!!! LOL! I'll let you know what I think later. hahaha
Almost forgot! Good job with the weight loss! I'm staying the same! Idk what the issue is!

Last edited by tay65; 07-05-2012 at 10:50 AM..
Old 07-05-2012, 01:21 PM   #750
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: suzi7
Stats: 265/165 rd3p2/goal this round 140
WOE: vegetarian/organic/hHcg rogue, No-S for Life
Start Date: 5/11/12
Quote:
Down 1.6 lbs today. I read the scale and thought I'd gone up so I got off and on it again and it gave me the same number. It wasn't until I went to log it in that I realized I was down.

Selling my A/C unit today! Say a prayer, please. Gotta get this thing GONE. It's high-time and it was one of those things that I posted for sale on Craigslist again and again and there was no interest at all. Not even from spammers! Pretty funny.

Have a lovely day, ladies! Stay cool.

I assume he's been there n the a.c is gone?? cuz I've been praying... lol

if so, double good!!
Closed Thread