Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2012, 05:41 AM   #601
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pendragginp
Hey girl! I caught up with your life over on the hcg thread - I'm starting round2 - and then came here but I see nothing about how your riding lesson went! Wha happened with it?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2012, 12:11 PM   #602
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Gremom
Hey Cheryl!

Had a super busy week and weekend. Haven't been on the net much. Trying to stay off the computer and spend more time with the kids. Glad to see that you are getting rid of things and getting situated. Great job on the weight loss too. Feels so good! Keep going!

Kids just got home so I need to help with homework and then we are headed to the library.

Be back soon!
Old 05-14-2012, 01:17 PM   #603
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragginp View Post
Hey girl! I caught up with your life over on the hcg thread - I'm starting round2 - and then came here but I see nothing about how your riding lesson went! Wha happened with it?
Hi there! Glad you got caught up on my life! I neglect my journal a lot of time because there's so little action here and I just don't spend as much time online (or on TV) as I used to.

The lesson was good but they put me on one of the harder-to-motivate horses they have. They only have six horses and there was only me and this other lady at the 4 pm session. We both got placed on the two worst horses. The other girl has more experience so they always stick her on Frodo because he needs to be worked, but if someone is paying for the session, they should be heard when they voice dissatisfaction with who they keep getting paired up with.

Anyway, the one I was mounted on was the only one that nips and cribs. :/ I have grown to like him and he doesn't nip at me much anymore and I enjoy grooming him but I found out during that lesson that he is stubborn as hell! It's difficult to keep things like your posture and how to hold the reigns and how to do this and that when all you are trying to do is getting the horse to move. I hope they don't put me on him this Friday. If they do put me on him, at least give me a riding crop or a different bridle or bit so that he will respond to me.

If they keep sticking me on an unresponsive horse, I'll save my money. I'm not afraid to make my voice heard. Assertive, not aggressive. The other lady who rode Frodo needs to speak up more than she has. I talked with her about it and I'll back her up if she says something when I'm around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremom View Post
Hey Cheryl!

Had a super busy week and weekend. Haven't been on the net much. Trying to stay off the computer and spend more time with the kids. Glad to see that you are getting rid of things and getting situated. Great job on the weight loss too. Feels so good! Keep going!

Kids just got home so I need to help with homework and then we are headed to the library.

Be back soon!
Hi, honey! I hear ya. My time is much more precious than it used to be a few months back. Especially back before I got involved with the horses (November) but even more now. I only turn on the TV in the evening when I crawl into bed (the only TV I have right now is on the dresser. Will buy a flat screen for the living room eventually but I'm in no hurry.) Listening to CD's a lot.

Still so much to do around here and at the old place. I knew it was going to rain today and saw the clouds rolling in so I put the mutt in the car and headed down the road. Had to buy a card for my mom and see if I could find another Fuchsia plant at the local gardening place. The drug store was my second stop. Third stop was to be my old house so I could close the three windows I left open. Had a sudden heavy downpour when I was leaving the grocery store (for cream and butter.)

All four windows in my car were down about 3 inches for the dog. I wasn't about to race to the car in all that and I knew it would be over as quickly as it came but it was so hard that by the time I did brave the rain and make the trek to the car, everything was drenched, including the dog (who was pressed up against the back door.)

I dried off my seat and door but the seat was still moist and my pants felt wet when I got to the old house. Closed the windows in the house and cleaned up the damage to the bay window, then went across the street to visit the neighbors. Ended up sitting in their kitchen and talking to the lady for a few hours.

Finally came back home and am about to head out for dinner. Thankfully all the open windows here let in none of that rain! If there had been wind involved, OMG. What a mess that would have been.

I bought a new plant, to replace the Fuchsia plant I bought yesterday that is going to Mom for Mom's Day. I owned it for exactly 24 hours.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:52 PM   #604
Big Yapper!

PS: Told mom yesterday that I bought a Fuchsia and I guess she got to thinking. Today when my sister asked her if she'd like some hanging plants for her Shepard's hook outside, she said she'd like flowering plants that were not pink (her roses are pink and will finish blooming eventually) and she said she'd like a Fuchsia. There went mine or I had to drive back downtown (to Bristol, where I was yesterday) to buy another one. Decided to give her mine.

Also, the horse I rode for that lesson (the one that nips and snaps at people in a threatening way) actually made contact on my right forearm twice at the end of the lesson when I was walking him. The lady who runs the entire operation heard me say I got bitten twice while walking him and naturally it was my fault for letting him into my space.

How do you walk an animal that won't walk unless you have a hold of his reigns up close to the bit and still keep him out of your space? But that's the way it is there (and at many other places, in many different "arenas" in life.) It's always some little helpful tip that is coming your way when you open your mouth or do something that isn't exactly according to that particular person's liking.

Said woman also saw me grooming said horse after removing his tack and she said "never go under a horse's neck." I said that I never would have but I've been told by two staff members in the past few weeks never to pass behind the horse. This woman showed me how to go behind the horse correctly. I told her that's how I've been doing it all along but the other lady said that the reason we don't go behind the horse is that someone in the therapy lessons might follow suit.

The other lady who said "never do that" said a facility can lose their accreditation if they see a volunteer or staff member doing that.

Do what you do, take what they say with a grain of salt and carry on.

I don't know what the hell they are doing upstairs but it sounds like they are throwing a ball for the dog. Glad I'm leaving soon!

Last edited by CherylB; 05-14-2012 at 01:55 PM..
Old 05-14-2012, 01:56 PM   #605
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
Oh my gosh! Your poor doggie! LOL I hate when there's a down pour when you want to leave.
I stopped the hHCG drops. Back to JUDDD! I just cannot stand the side effects of hHCG anymore. I had success with JUDDD so I'm back to that tomorrow. Looking forward to my Up Day. LOL
Chloe is trying to walk now and she has her top front teeth in! They aren't all the way in, but they're there. LOL
I wish I had neighbors to sit and talk to. We speak coming and going, but thats it. Where we use to live we had neighbors to hang out with and I miss that.
Hope you come on here soon. Take care!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
Old 05-14-2012, 02:04 PM   #606
Big Yapper!

Hey, Tammy! What side effects do you get from hhcg? Good luck with Juddd! I don't do well on my free day. I eat all kinds of things like it's an every-other-day party. Too much freedom. At least with Atkins I am eating foods that don't lead to binging. (Bingeing?)

Yea Chloe! Go, girlfriend! WTG on those two front teeth, too!

I lived there for six years and I never got to know them the way that I am now. I knew this would happen and I assured them when they heard that I was leaving that I'd see them more now that I was gone than before when I was across the street.

I'm just that way, I guess. I feel if I get too familiar with people who live next door, they might pop in unexpectedly (the way I'm now doing to them) and I've never been a tidy person. I'm staying ontop of the tidy and homey situation in this place, so that I can throw open the doors and invite people in. That's what makes a home anyway. I'm tired of living a solitary life.

I was surrounded by great neighbors but I never took the time or effort to spend time with them much. But I'm only a mile or less away now and I'll make a point to stay in their lives. Good people. And I'll make room for new neighbors, too. I met one of the guys who lives two houses down the road the other day. He was looking for his cat. (Think I wrote about him already. Might not have been on my journal.)

Tammy, I hope you find some neighbors who like to hang out! Maybe they are only a few doors down. Go for walks with Chloe and you might be surprised who you meet. If you are missing those types of neighbors, I'll bet you are not far from others who feel the same way.

Off to dinner I go!

Last edited by CherylB; 05-14-2012 at 02:07 PM..
Old 05-14-2012, 08:07 PM   #607
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I do take Chloe on walks and we sit on the porch alot on hot days. Just the people I see walking by I would never invite into my home! LOL I would love to be friends with someone I could drink coffee with in the morning. Hmmm
Chloe is becoming quite the biter! She's using those sharp new teeth! We need to dull those things. LOL
Oh, side effects....constipation, weak, fatigue..... And the hHCG doesn't seem to help my hunger. The cravings are crazy too. So I just have to "let it go". Time to move on. I was even thinking of doing the meat and eggs for a week or so. It always jump starts my weight loss. I'm going to still watch my carbs bc they lead me down a dark path! LOL
Well, its getting late. Talked to Shawn and he is liking Ft Campbell. Makes me feel good!
Old 05-15-2012, 11:31 AM   #608
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tay65 View Post
I do take Chloe on walks and we sit on the porch alot on hot days. Just the people I see walking by I would never invite into my home! LOL I would love to be friends with someone I could drink coffee with in the morning. Hmmm
Chloe is becoming quite the biter! She's using those sharp new teeth! We need to dull those things. LOL
Oh, side effects....constipation, weak, fatigue..... And the hHCG doesn't seem to help my hunger. The cravings are crazy too. So I just have to "let it go". Time to move on. I was even thinking of doing the meat and eggs for a week or so. It always jump starts my weight loss. I'm going to still watch my carbs bc they lead me down a dark path! LOL
Well, its getting late. Talked to Shawn and he is liking Ft Campbell. Makes me feel good!
Carbs do the same thing to me. They are so darn good, though. I hear people say, "I could never do Atkins. I love my pasta too much!" And I want to say, "Me too, but look at what it does to US." Can't go there, though. We all have to come to the decision on our own.

I'm so glad that Shawn is doing great at Ft Campbell! Good for him.

I'm sorry the people in your neighborhood aren't what you hoped to find. I still believe you'll cross paths with someone to your liking soon. Keep believing and hoping and keep your eyes peeled.

Chloe bites? Dang! Pinch her when she bites. I know; spoken like someone who's never had their own children. But you have to show them what they are doing is causing you pain. (Then show them what pain feels like, without being abusive.) Just a little wake-up call, that's all.

When Charmed nipped me twice last Friday, I would have clocked him (which other horse people say you should do, to show them that is unacceptable.) But I'd lose all privileges there if anyone saw me do something like that. I did lightly smack him on the chin and the second time I pinched the skin on the area near his cheek. That stuff doesn't phase a horse. The bigger the animal, the great the correction needed.

I see them yanking on the lead ropes really hard but the horses are so used to that that it really does little to get their attention. I'll have to see what the higher-ups do and then if I do the same and someone gets up in my face, I can say, "But that's what so-and-so does!" It's called a little insurance.

It's raining cats and dogs again today. I have decided what I'll wear to the farm. I have a pair of Driducks that I bought a few months back at Sports Authority and have yet to wear. Today I wear head to toe rain gear; even a ball cap to keep the water out of my face and to keep the hood from caving in on me and blocking my vision. I may wear my pj's underneath all that, just for fun.

I'm down another 0.8 lbs today! And I drank two bottles of Miller Lite at the restaurant yesterday. Only 3.5 or so carbs per each bottle so it's not bad at all. And it's the kind I prefer, anyway.

Will be leaving the house in about 45 minutes. Landlady texted me to say she'd be mowing the lawn on Thursday, after the rain goes away. I don't know if the water table will have gone down enough for her to mow on the swampy rear side of the property, but she knows her land well enough. I wrote her back and told her I'd do poop patrol in the morning. Then I confessed about maybe breaking two of her in-ground lanterns in the flower bed. She said no biggie and she'll look at them Thursday. "The guys who put up the siding broke them all!" She's so nice. Thank you, Lord! I love my new place. Help me to be able to afford to live here!

I finally read through the farm's new brochure and it has one of the pictures I took! It is a tri-fold brochure and it has a head shot that I took of Calvin! I wasn't even sure that anyone looked at all the pics I took and emailed to someone there. It made the brochure!!! I'm flattered but will just keep it to myself. That place is crawling with unsung heroes. I'm happy for the parts I can play and I look forward to doing more, like I have been doing.

I think in the next week or so, I'll go back to working in the office one day a week, like I have been. Then I'll be looking for equine jobs on a part time basis to help with the bills and financial obligations.

Ladies, have a great day! I have to go get ready. Hope I can get Sissy to go out and go potty before I leave. Wish me luck.

Last edited by CherylB; 05-15-2012 at 11:32 AM..
Old 05-17-2012, 05:52 PM   #609
Big Yapper!

Big day! Sunshine, birdies singing, gentle breezes. I spent a few hours sitting outside with Sissy after the landlady mowed the lawn. I do NOT miss mowing. I love it here.

I also now have the washer/dryer side-by-side, the way they are meant to be. She brought a 10 foot cord and changed that as well as put a longer exhaust hose (mine, from the other house.)

After she left, I went about "demolition" of the spare bedroom's closet. I now have a pantry and everything is all set up in there. I hung a heavy curtain and a valance and then hung a very large, heavy piece of framed kitchen artwork between it and the window.

Actually, you'd LYAO if you could see it. It's a tribute to carbs everywhere but I love it so much. I have had it a long time but never hung it until today. It's like a scene at a bakery. I can't do it justice but it's really lovely. If I can take a pic and post it, I will.

It feels so good to be getting these things done! That was a big one of my to-do's and it's completed. I really did "demolish" some things. I had to take the claws of a hammer and tug and tug to get the closet rod down and I broke the side "loops" all to hell in the process. I think they were original to the house which is 112 years old. Had to have been some lead paint on that stuff.

And a lower shelf came down, too. To my surprise (and horror) it was just two 2x4's balancing on two little 1x2's that were coming out of the wall. I had it loaded up with a lot of my pantry stuff and it was within minutes of collapsing. What a mess that would have been! Much of that stuff was glass. The floor is carpeted but you know how things break when smashing into each other.

So all that stuff is gone and I have my two plastic shelves (four shelves each) and enough room for the bag of kibble between them and a floor lamp to illuminate the space when I'm searching for stuff. I left the uppermost shelf and that is full, end-to-end with the things I use the least.

Sissy played with Oliver and they took time to relax in the shade afterward. After a while, Oliver was tired of relaxing and he came over and tried to get her reved-up again. She just barked at him. I spent a long time visiting with Jess (lady who lives upstairs) and she showed me pics of the "flood" that resulted from the hurricane last year. The back yard was literally a pond. The street was a river. The house and the driveways and the area directly around the house was above water but the patio table was under water. They swam in it just for kicks. Thankfully, we rarely get hurricanes this far north.

Then I remembered there was a frisbee in the shed and so I went to get it to play with Cisco. She forgot all about the electric fence while chasing that around! I have to be careful not to throw it outside the boundary or that will be the end of that. She won't trust me again!

I know I'm writing a book but it was a good day. And I got my first Gold Finches to my thistle feeder today! They are in their full Spring yellow splendor! What a blessing it was to look out and see them. I've been waiting for days and finally they came.

Lastly, I put the side shelves on the bbq and now all I need to do is grill something good. I have eaten nothing today but coffee with cream but I ate a lot of naughty stuff yesterday. Since having those two beers on the day after Mother's Day, I've succumbed to temptation and had light beer each day since. I'll cool it now.

It's almost 9 and I'm going to hit the sack. I'm very pleased with this day I've had and I thank God for it. I hope you ladies have had a similarly-blessed day.

Last edited by CherylB; 05-17-2012 at 05:57 PM..
Old 05-17-2012, 06:21 PM   #610
Major LCF Poster!

What a great day you had!

Will be back tomorrow to catch up with ya! Just wanted to say "hi!"
Old 05-17-2012, 06:52 PM   #611
Big Yapper!

Hi, honey!!!! Have a great family-centered night.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:12 PM   #612
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
You sound so happy, and I'm happy for you! (Now get back on track, young lady.)
Old 05-18-2012, 01:58 AM   #613
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BluJ
Gold Finch is my state bird. WA.. So pretty!
Old 05-18-2012, 03:29 AM   #614
Major LCF Poster!

Morning Cheryl!

You do sound so happy and that is so nice to hear! Look how much God has blessed you with!! He is so good!

Have been busy here myself. We are going to do a yardsale at some point to raise funds for the adoption. We are #16 on the waitlist. So as time goes by, we will just get closer and closer! We are really excited, but still have some much to do!

DH and I are going to see The Avengers tonight. He is so excited. I don't love movies, but I love him, so I am going.

I hope that you have an awesome Friday!!
Old 05-18-2012, 04:37 PM   #615
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
You sound so happy, and I'm happy for you! (Now get back on track, young lady.)
I am happy! Sore, but happy. I'm on track but I haven't eaten anything yet today. Need to go break-in my sisters' "ex-grill." I bought it from her and have yet to use it. Didn't want or need it but they were moving and they were going to take it to the street, like trash. I gave them $40 for it because I couldn't stand to see them do that. But it's a step down from the larger one I had. Newer, so I kept this one and left the other one behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluJ View Post
Gold Finch is my state bird. WA.. So pretty!
Hey! Caught you lurking! Gold Finches are so beautiful! I hung a hummingbird feeder today so we'll see if it gets noticed. I boiled up four cups of water and 48 packets of sugar from Dunkin Donuts! (I don't own sugar but I've had those packets from those Box o' Joes I've bought in the past, when my coffee maker was on the fritz.)

Washington State and Oregon are places I've always dreamed of seeing. Not yet but hopefully before I croak. My roaming days seem to be over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremom View Post
Morning Cheryl!

You do sound so happy and that is so nice to hear! Look how much God has blessed you with!! He is so good!

Have been busy here myself. We are going to do a yardsale at some point to raise funds for the adoption. We are #16 on the waitlist. So as time goes by, we will just get closer and closer! We are really excited, but still have some much to do!

DH and I are going to see The Avengers tonight. He is so excited. I don't love movies, but I love him, so I am going.

I hope that you have an awesome Friday!!
#16????? Yahoo!!! How exciting! Glad you are going out to the movies with your beloved. Good wives and hubbys do those sorts of things. It keeps their spouses happy.

And God has indeed blessed me so much. I never thought I'd ever make it to the other side of this move and here I am! All content and feeling like I don't even need whatever I still have left to bring over here. I feel like I have it all.

I had my second riding lesson today and I am in such pain. My left hip is such a mess. It has to be the hip that I got kicked in by the horse at age 12 or 13. You know how arthritis settles into old injuries? Well, I'm thinking that's a big part of it. I'm going to call my doctor on Monday and see about getting a cortisone shot. I can't deal with this.

I rode Big Red instead of Charmed so it was an entirely different experience! This horse is responsive and not tempermental at all. He's no saint, mind you. But he is so much more "stable" than Charmed is. I get the feeling I'll be riding Charmed the most. If they give me a riding crop or let me use a better bit/bridle on him, I won't mind. I know he needs exercise, too.

I rode English today! My first time ever. I expected it to feel so much different but at the walk, it felt pretty similar. At the very end of the lesson when we tried to trot a little, and I tried to Post, I just couldn't do it! I felt all askew. It's partly my hips but the instructor said it's also muscles. She gave us two handouts which I consider "homework" and I will read them and practice the exercises and stretches. It was a lot of fun!

I came right home, popped four Advil and have been drinking as much water as coffee today. Down to just 0.6 above my lowest weight so I might be at a new number tomorrow. I'm so thankful for my body's resilience to carbs when I cheat. It doesn't take long to shed the "oops" lbs and oz's. But that makes it harder to stay strong.

I have to say, though. One never feels as fat as when they are mounted on a horse. I was able to get my right leg over the horses' back this time but I did some stretches at home (just today. Need to do them EVERY day.) My foot dragged over the horses' behind but I did get it over. My range of motion in my hips is like that of a 70 year old. I kid you not.

I do have Osteopenia and I'm really terrible about taking my Fosamax. My sister mentioned that could be part of the problem so, as of tomorrow, I will take it faithfully. I'm so a clueless dope sometimes. It never crossed my mind that the two could be related.

So now I will eat something and kick by legs up. I smell someone is bbq'ing and it makes me wonder if my ribeye is defrosted. I just may try that grill in about 15 minutes.

Hugs and love to all of you tonight. Off to make dinner. Have a wonderful evening! And be sure to count your blessings, too.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:08 PM   #616
Big Yapper!

Steak was okay but everytime I eat a piece of meat that isn't as good as I think it should be, it makes me want to be an ovo-lacto-vegetarian. Sometimes as I'm cutting it up, avoiding the tendons and whatever, I really realize I'm eating what once was an animal. And not a very tastey one, at that!

Nighty-night! Sissy had a good race with Oliver in the yard tonight, when it was almost too dark to see her. All is right with the world.

Tomorrow I take my Fosamax and vow to take it every Saturday morning from now on. Then I go over to the old house and hack back the jungle on the side of the house where the electrical box is, so they can finally turn off my power over there. Wimps.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:16 PM   #617
Big Yapper!

OMG! I forgot to tell of what happened during the lesson. There were two other young girls and then there was ME (turning 50.) Well, one of the young ladies was riding Frodo, who if you recall is a real "peach" at times.

Apparently they have a hard time getting any saddle to stay fastened to the poor thing and as this lady was riding, the saddle completely turned to Frodo's right side! She was holding on for dear life and managed to stay mounted (after a fashion) for a few seconds longer than should have been humanly possible. Then she hit the dirt with her entire right side.

Frodo hauled ass running around the arena with the saddle and saddle blankets hanging off his side! My horse (and the other girl's horse) was looking at him and they all went into "high alert", getting ready to run themselves. I had one foot out of the stirrup at the time because the instructor was adjusting the length of them for me. I got my foot back in and prepared to take off running.

Red stayed steady and so did Lola, Thank the Lord! But the poor lady and Frodo!

Last edited by CherylB; 05-18-2012 at 06:18 PM..
Old 05-19-2012, 10:14 AM   #618
Big Yapper!

I just realized there's a double post from yesterday. No idea why that happens sometimes. I know I opened it up to edit it and it was having trouble just reposting. It must have happened at that time. Oh, well. Wish I could delete it. Maybe I'll ask the Admins to do it. Hate loose-ends.

I'm back to my ticker weight so tomorrow will be a fresh, new number. I will behave myself!!!! Have a wonderful weekend, ladies. It's glorious here in CT. Waiting on the Hummers! Will let you know when and if they come.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:17 PM   #619
Big Yapper!

Wet day at the farm but it was just me and the equine manager working side-by-side so it was a good thing. It wasn't raining there all day until about half-way through my time there. I wore my muck boots and expected wet hay and mud up to my ankles cause it's been raining a lot here at home. Everything was dry as a bone!

The rain was heavy at times but it was okay. Wet is wet! My hair was sopping wet and I was running from the "duplexes" to the barn after grooming two horses up there. I used paper towels to squeeze the water out of my hair. Hahahaha! I don't care. I love working with horses and sometimes the worst weather days are the best days for other reasons.

When I was cleaning the paddock that Calvin and Lola were in, the flies were really bad and Calvin kept shaking his head to get them off. I offered him my body to use as a scratching post and he got the gist of it. I turned my back to him and he went to town! I just laid back into him and let him scratch. He's my favorite.

Before the farm, I got a lot of stuff taken care of. I called a few places that I needed to call, returned a few things to the stores and got a cash refund, then went to get gas and fill up my tires with air. They've always been leaky but there is something seriously wrong with the front passenger side tire. It was in the teens (psi)! Off I go to the mechanic sometime this week. I don't care what they have to do to seal these tires once and for all. Use caulk! Just fix the problem!!

Let's see. What else. I turned the cash from the two returns into cash for Wal-Mart. I bought a new broom, mop, feather duster, fly swatter, toilet paper, and a beautiful comforter set that was on clearance. Looks very rich and has lots of accessories that go with it. Now I have two lovely comforters! (And one set of new sheets. Will buy those as time goes on.)

Getting my hair cut tomorrow! Will apply make up and take a pic to post as my new Avi. (As soon as I download the camera software to this new-to-me laptop!)

Still no Hummers yet! Beginning to wonder if I have to hang a neon sign to get their attention.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:42 AM   #620
Major LCF Poster!

Morning Cheryl!

Man, I couldn't be in the rain like that! I hate getting wet and being wet in my clothes. Good for you that you enjoyed it with your horses! I guess you make a good scratching post too, huh?

I have been wanting to get a hummingbird feeder too. I think the kids would love it!

Shopping trip sounded fun. I love getting new sheets. Ahhh, they feel so good.

Can't wait to see the new do and the new avi pic!

I have been doing okay. Diet is kinda in the pooper, but I started another round of Insanity last week and that is going great. I feel like I think about food and dieting all the time and it needs to stop. Someday, I will be happy with the way God made me.

Hope you have a great day today!
Old 05-22-2012, 07:08 PM   #621
Big Yapper!

Sorry the diet isn't what you want it to be. Another round of Insanity? Are you Insane? Yes! Please be happy the way God made you! You look wonderful. Don't you know that?

Well, got the new do but no pics today! I had another rainy day at the farm today so the styling she did and all the products she put in my hair got washed back out as soon as I got back home. I knew it would look horrendous once the rain got ahold of it. So, it's not looking too thrilling at the moment.

I've been so busy today! And tomorrow I have more crap to do. Someone is coming to look at my dining room table and chairs (FINALLY) and I hope it sells. She's the only person to ever show an interest in it and it's been on Craigslist for MONTHS.

I'll go over there early so I can clear the way for the "power guy" to get to the meter so he can cut off the power on Friday. So what is the forecast for tomorrow? Rain.

Stacey, I used to hate being in the rain and I still do, but for the horses, I'll do it with a smile on my face. It is such a blessing to be there.

I'll try and tell the rest of my news tomorrow afternoon when I have a few moments to think and veg.

I lost two full lbs today! I barely ate anything yesterday. I was so busy that I just forgot. I ate a few slices of mozzerella cheese at bedtime. I ate a huge dinner tonight. Three scrambled eggs, sauted onions and portabella mushrooms, bacon bits, cream, tabasco, salt and pepper. And butter! Butter in the saute, butter when it hit the plate. Oh! And cheddar cheese. Yum. Wish I wasn't so tired; I might have enjoyed it more.

Nite, world! See you tomorrow, God willing.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:18 AM   #622
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

good morning cheryl ! 2 lbs....wow! Good work! I've been staying OP lately and losing also. must be something in the air! LOL
We leave friday morning to go to kentucky to see my son for a few days. we're so excited. we're taking chloe with us since my dd has to work. my husband and I haven't taken one vacation our entire marriage and in 1 month we've traveled twice! LOL its fun!
This trip, no junk! salads and fruits for me! LOL theres a fridge and microwave in the hotel room so I'm buying some things there to eat. I won't be eating pizza and chinese take out thats for sure!
I haven't weighed myself yet, too early for the scale. Its gonna be hot again today. I think summer has arrived. Its been alittle rainy here too. Thunderstorms again this afternoon and tonight.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:31 AM   #623
Big Yapper!

T-storms coming our way too. That's so awesome you are going to Kentucky this weekend. If your son hadn't gone into the military, you'd still be "vacation-less." It's nice to branch-out and see new places. I used to love traveling. I still do but my car is old and I don't want to press my luck. That and limited funds!

I'm glad you are doing well on your plan. And glad you plan to stay OP while away! You'll save lots of $$ that way, too.

I hope Chloe is better in the car this trip. I think you said she was really hot last time. You can bring a little spray bottle with water. Believe it or not, spritzing her down and letting the wind evaporate it off her skin will cool her down a lot. (That and putting a towel on the window and just closing the window so the towel gets clamped at the top.)

I finally got the jungle cut back so the CL+P guy can come and cut the power off on Friday. It was much worse than I thought it would be. It's always been overgrown with vines and things that run underground and then come out of the earth and climb and wind up everything they can grab onto. It was terrible! And the evergreen "bush" at the corner of the house had grown so large that I had to use a chain saw and cut many of its lower branches. I even had to relocate a bird's nest to a higher area! I hope I didn't mush it too much in the process.

Cisco got to run freely through the neighborhood like she used to get to do. She made two stops at the neighbor's house (who helped me bring the bench swing home) to get treats. TWICE!. And I'm sure she went two blocks up the street to play with Amp who is an outside dog.

Then I got the call from the lady coming to see the table and she wanted to come a little earlier. She is a nurse, too. Works in the OR area. Made the mistake of telling her the truth about my disability. It's always a mistake to tell the truth in that area. I should have just said it was a back injury. Then there would be no questions or assumptions. Somehow when I tell them I had a nervous breakdown and couldn't handle the chaos, they always end up asking me, "Why did you go into nursing?" as if I only chose it for the money. I HATE that. Live and learn. Lie when it protects you. Sorry to have to do that, but I will be doing just that from now on.

My sister's sister-in-law asked me the same question once. She's a nurse's aid. It makes me so angry but I don't let it show. It's like a judgement they are making about me and my motives. Fact is, I never knew what chaos was until I started working after graduating from nursing school. School never shows you the truth of nursing and I'd never been a nurse's aid or anything like that, so I had nothing to go by. Nursing is TOUGH.

I had a wicked case of Bernice today. I think I ate too much last night. The scrambled eggs deluxe and then bacon at night time caused me some cramping today. I'll keep the food to a minimum tomorrow and see what the scale says. Should be good! I'm thinking 171-ish.

Have a great day, ladies. I'm in my pj's and have my feet up. All stuff done for today; at least as far as I can remember. Thankful that it wasn't raining when I was creating a pathway through the jungle!

Last edited by CherylB; 05-23-2012 at 11:39 AM..
Old 05-23-2012, 12:55 PM   #624
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi, Cheryl! Congrats on the losses--you're really going to town!
Old 05-23-2012, 03:04 PM   #625
Big Yapper!

Thanks, Jessica. I really hope it continues. I know how Atkins goes. The first month goes really well for me and then faith is in need! I will try to stick with it. I really don't feel like I'm dieting eating this way. And I really only get hungry when I haven't eaten in a long time.

I bought the ingredients to make a cauliflower crust pizza today! Over on the '72 thread (remember that one?) Labyrinth posted a link to a recipe. Seems simple enough so I'm going to make it; if not tonight, then tomorrow. I'm plum tuckered out after all that chain saw action!
Old 05-24-2012, 10:55 AM   #626
Blabbermouth!!!

I've always wondered about the cauliflower crust pizza, but never tried it. Let us know how it comes out!

Meanwhile--hope the sun burns through those clouds today. Gray skies get me down to an unreasonable degree.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:39 PM   #627
Big Yapper!

I will make that pizza within the next few days, then I will report back. The recipe seems simple enough. You grate the fresh cauliflower and then take the little "nips" and measure out 2 cups. Nuke them for a little while, then combine an egg and cheese and spices and such and then make them into two crusts. Bake then add toppings, then broil to melt the toppings! I have a cheapo food processor so I'll use that to cut up the cauliflower. That stuff is MESSY!

It didn't rain one drop today! Woohooo! The clouds looked so strange this afternoon! Like waves on the sea. I just stood and looked at them for the longest time. The sky can be so facinating. I miss the wide-open skies of TX and the western states.

Anyway, I landed on my @$$ today and smacked my full weight down on my tail bone. (Full story is on the rogue thread.) I'm okay but I'm scared how I'll feel tomorrow, for riding lesson #3. I deal with hip and back pain (upper and lower) so I guess @$$ pain won't matter all that much.

So much happened today! Maybe I'll copy/paste the other post here, so you don't have to travel over there to read it. Okay....
Old 05-24-2012, 06:42 PM   #628
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB
Have a huge day, again. Worst of it was I went to the hardware store three separate times trying to get things set up to put a macrame swing on the front porch (landlady came and said that's where it went) and when I finally got the right screw hook and some chain to drop it low enough to sit in, I gently and slowly eased my body back into it. The moment my full weight was in the swing, it came crashing down and I landed directly onto my tailbone on the porch, made of 2x4's.

All I could do was sit there, stunned. I couldn't move. I was just in shock! I was feeling pain but my mind was thinking about paralysis and noticed I could still move my legs, could still breath fine (have had the "wind" knocked out of me a time or two.) Then a few minutes later I slowly got up onto my feet and went about plan B.

I felt defeated and it was then a matter of vengeance! I went to the shed and I found a ladder. It was this monstrous thing that folded up in four sections and had all these catches to keep it secure. I finally figured out how to open the dang thing and I picked out a tree limb. Off I went with ladder in tow and I hung that dang swing!

To make sure it was going to "take" and that I was indeed victorious, I sat into it and swung a while. It works! And it's so much better there than it would have been on the front porch. Mission accomplished.

I fear how I'll feel tomorrow though, and I have riding lesson number 3 tomorrow. I'll see if I can walk and if not, I'll call and tell them I had an accident. I want to push through the pain and discomfort. I live with hip and back pain, so what difference will it make to have @$$ pain too?

My firepit is all set up now! Landlady came to mow the lawn unannounced and I hurried to do "poop patrol" which had to have gone undone for a week. Ewww. Then she saw that the four paver stones she'd brought me for the firepit weren't going to work and she headed to a nearby town for 5 more stones. Back she came and it is now set up perfectly.

Then I asked her how she felt about the old, decrepit rope swing and if she would mind if I changed it out to the new (old and weathered) wooden bench swing I got for free this past week. She's cool with it! So I bought some lengths of chain from the hardware store and that will be done this weekend. (Tomorrow is full.)

See why I can't stay up-to-date with all these threads anymore? My life is nothing like it used to be and I have to say, "Thank you, Lord!" But I do look forward to days of total down-time here and there, as soon as I get 100% moved in.

She (landlady) is my most helpful neighbor's niece! They don't know one another because of family feuds but it would be so cool if they cross paths over here, sitting around the firepit someday. I won't even tell her who they are. We'll keep it our little secret and let them get a feel for each other before the truth comes out.

Oh, yeah! She also set up the hammock for me!!!! It's GREAT~
That and I put on a full face of make-up. I never wear make-up anymore. I needed to practice for the up-coming wedding! And Memorial Day weekend picnic.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:47 PM   #629
Blabbermouth!!!

Wow. Busy, busy, busy!

I can't even remember a day when I didn't wear make-up. I LOVE makeup. I feel vaguely depressed until I get my "face on" every day. Haha.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:09 PM   #630
Big Yapper!

Jess, I used to have a real paranoia about being seen without makeup. I couldn't even go out to get the mail unless I had eyeliner and mascara on. (I'm bland-bland-bland.) But one day (after I was married and to a blind man, no less,) I decided I was going to break through this fear. I went out shopping for groceries without a trace of makeup on and nobody looked at me any differently! It was a revelation and a liberation.

I rarely where makeup anymore, and when I put the full shebang on, I feel like I'm trying too hard. I see traces of the younger, sexier me and when I put all that paint and plaster on, I just see the old me only older and more haggard.

So, I guess I need to find a more "graceful" way to wear makeup at 50. But I do look better when I bother to put some on.
Closed Thread