Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2012, 02:06 PM   #571
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
Cheryl, you are making wonderful progress with the move. Don't worry too much about your weight until this move is over. You have the rest of your life, LOL, to think about it, LOL. At this time you need the calories and nourishment.

I hope we hear from Tammy soon!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2012, 05:46 PM   #572
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Well, I'm getting calories but as far as nourishment goes, it's anybody's guess. I gave up on my laptop after screwing around with it for 3 weeks and I brought the desktop computer down from its unused placed upstairs. I closed the laptop and shut it down. Now I'm using a desktop from my "home base" of my bed. It's working out okay!

We got a lot moved today but she wanted to do more tomorrow. I asked her if Monday would work for her and she said it would. That will give me the weekend to get the next "wave" ready for moving, then two days after that, the movers will come and take care of the bulk of it.

Thanks, Marie. It's not easy to move and especially when it is from a home you owned into a rental. A failed venture, so to speak. But when I think of the number of years I got out of this place and the number of months I was actually working, it's nothing short of a miracle that I'm still here, with time to spare.

How are you doing, Marie? Please tell me all that is going on!
Old 04-28-2012, 10:26 AM   #573
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Thinking about you this morning, Cheryl--picturing you busily sorting and packing away! Moving is stressful, but it's also fun to have a new beginning!
Old 04-28-2012, 12:01 PM   #574
Big Yapper!

Oh, man! I haven't posted on my journal yet today. I had one hell of a night. I am slowly unraveling what happened and it's becoming clear to me. I had accidentally taken twice as much sleeping medication as I normally take (which is already beyond the recommended dose.) I was enjoying some wine, too. Well, Today I woke up to what looked like a dang crime scene.

I have no memory of any of the things I'm about to divulge. I got up to make some sort of quesadilla (sp?) and somehow or other, it ended up on the floor rather than my plate. That's where I found it this morning. If the dog was here, she'd have eaten it and all evidence would have been removed. Well, at least the stuff on the floor.

I didn't leave the stove on but I must not have thought turning the stove off was quite enough so I went downstairs into the basement and flipped off the breaker! I left lights burning all over the house and even in the basement but I couldn't figure out why I even went down there. Then I noticed that there was no time on the oven and it all came together.

It's embarrassing and dangerous and I have GOT to stop taking sleeping meds. Yes, I need to stop the wine, too. But the two combined is sheer madness. I have a sore spot on the back of my head on the left side. I checked the driveway to see if I had moved the car and I hadn't (thank the Lord.) This is no way to live.

Anyway, after cleaning up the mess and turning the breaker back on, I got some packing and sorting and cleaning done. I had to stop and take two benadryl and give them time to kick-in but then I can get up and moving in a forward direction once more. I still have so much left to do!

I thought this move was going to be so easy! I had no idea how much crap was going to actually follow me over to the new place. Tons of crap indeed.

So, true confessions of a LCF. Sorry but it's all true. Hope it isn't too shocking. Glad to be alive to tell about it.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:22 AM   #575
Big Yapper!

Sunday now. I caved and took the sleeping meds again last night but it was fine. I had an uneventful night.

Must get crackin'. Might bring a few things over to the duplex and start filling up the cupboards in the kitchen. I need to reuse some of these boxes so if I can empty them and take them back with me, I can fill 'em up again!

I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend. Stay out of trouble! Tammy, for goodness sake, check in with us as soon as you can.

Paula, we haven't heard a peep out of you in ages! Please let someone know how you are doing.

to Jessica, Marie and anyone else still out there reading.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:54 PM   #576
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Gremom
Hey Cheryl!

I am here, just busy. We spent the weekend chillin with the kids and were outside all day today.

Looks like you have been one busy little lady! Glad to see all the progress you are making! YAY!! Don't worry about your weight until you are moved and settled. You have enough on your mind.

Gonna head to bed, but I will check back tomorrow.

Praying for you!!
Old 04-30-2012, 10:04 AM   #577
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm here, too! I had a bad day yesterday, on any number of fronts, but today is new one and I'm embracing it. Sending you energy vibes with all my might! Get 'er done!
Old 04-30-2012, 03:32 PM   #578
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremom View Post
Hey Cheryl!

I am here, just busy. We spent the weekend chillin with the kids and were outside all day today.

Looks like you have been one busy little lady! Glad to see all the progress you are making! YAY!! Don't worry about your weight until you are moved and settled. You have enough on your mind.

Gonna head to bed, but I will check back tomorrow.

Praying for you!!
Nice to see you! Glad you've been chillin. You all deserve some down-time together. Yes, I've been busy! I'll go into more detail below. My weight is just all a blur right now. Can't focus on anything but what is directly related to the move. (Thanks for the prayers! Clearly I need some. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
I'm here, too! I had a bad day yesterday, on any number of fronts, but today is new one and I'm embracing it. Sending you energy vibes with all my might! Get 'er done!
Sorry you had a bad day, sweetie. It has to get better, right? Thanks for sending some of your very valuable "energy vibes" my way. I think they helped!

I spent a few hours working with two of my sisters today. We got three full truck loads of my crap moved and placed inside the duplex, or in the attic and shed. Then I went to pick up the dog at the kennel for a little visit. I took her to the duplex and tied her to a tree as I stacked the firewood on the holder (for the firepit we'll be using.)

We met the neighbors finally and the dogs got their first exposure to each other. This dog that I thought was so calm and perfect is a pushy nightmare with other dogs! Sissy's not the type of dog that's into other dogs, she's more of a people-person. But this dog is a male and likes to mount her. When he's not mounting her, he's poking her with his nose and trying to get her to play. I know she will establish her territory and they will find out what will fly and what won't fly.

Rain is moving in tonight. Tomorrow is barn day and the first day for their therapy sessions. What a day it will be. I have no idea if they will cancel the rides but the horses will still need to be tended to. I will go regardless.

Then I got a call from them today and they want me to come in for an hour on Thursday afternoon to do a private therapy lesson with a client and the instructor. One of the girls is injured so they are needing me as a "sub." When I agreed to be a Sub, I had no idea I would be in such need!

I will do what else I can do around here tomorrow, to prepare for the movers. But otherwise I may go over to the duplex and start hanging things like clocks and mirrors and paintings. That's when a house becomes a home! When you put your personal touches into it.

When I had Sissy with me this afternoon, I kept her on the leash and walked her through the apartment. I showed her the boxes and things that we brought over today and she sniffed everything. I showed her her bed, too. Now the scents of home are making a connection with her brain that this place IS home.

My sisters worked so hard with me today that I took them out for a nice lunch. I told them that they saved me a few hundred dollars that the movers would have been charging me (per hour) so I insisted on a lunch. It was perfect.

I'm now laid-up in my bed with crap strewn all over the house. But it will all stay where it lays, for tonight. I have done all I can do for today.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:14 PM   #579
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB
I can not even believe how much I've gotten done with just my sisters this week. Twice with my sister (Donna) with the truck and today Robin joined us. I took them both out for a very nice lunch afterward. Robin was uncomfortable about me paying but I pointed out that they just saved me several hundred dollars (at $100/hour) by the movers.

I even went and got Cisco from the kennel for a few hours and took her back to the duplex to have a good sniff. I tied her to the tree so she could watch me as I stacked the firewood, and then we met the neighbors. They are a great young couple and we are going to get along just fine.

The dogs met for the first time and he is a bit of a humper, but Sissy will put him in his place. He wants to poke her with his nose and race around the yard and eventually she might get into all that, but she's more of a people person. They will get along great.

Then I took her on the leash and we went all through the house so she could smell all our things in their boxes and stuff. I even showed her her bed (though it's not in place yet, trying not to trip-up the movers and get sued.) I think she "got it." And I'm so glad that I decided to do that this afternoon. Now when I go and get her Saturday morning, it won't be so strange for her to go back to that house. I didn't take her back to our current home. I want her to see that it is empty the next time she is here.

Will spend tomorrow further preparing for the movers who come on Wednesday. I will do whatever I can to help speed their progress along. I'm going to disassemble things like the massive headboard for my bed and things like that. I can put the thing back together once they just put the puzzle pieces back into place.

Rain is moving in tonight and tomorrow the rain is supposed to continue. Problem is tomorrow afternoon is the first therapy sessions at the barn. I will be taking care of the horses and the usual stuff as per any Tuesday afternoon, but I'm guessing they might have to cancel the therapy classes. No clue. We shall see.

Then they called me today to see if I could work one hour on Thursday afternoon for a private lesson; just me, the client and the instructor. I told them I could spare one hour. Who knows? I still think I have a future at this place.

Typing my fool head off here! Will post before something horrible happens and I lose it all.
Girls, forgive my copy and paste from another thread! The news is the same! I'm pooped but feeling like I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Thank God for friends and family who pray and also dig in and get their hands dirty and strain their muscles when the going gets rough.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:15 PM   #580
Big Yapper!

OMG! I'm so tired that I forgot I already told this story on my journal. Well, here's another version of the same story! Time to get some serious rest. Hugs to all.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:35 AM   #581
Big Yapper!

It's 10:18 am and I shouldn't be so comfortable, but I need a few cups of coffee before I get rolling. Then my focus is to prepare for the movers tomorrow and head to the barn at 3:30. No clue what they plan to do with me today but am regretting saying I'd act as a "sub." They were less than up-front about their need for subs.

I need to go to the bank to get cash to pay the movers tomorrow (figuring on $400 max) and I am desperate for cream for my coffee. This stuff I have is on the borderline. Tastes fine but looks awful in the coffee.

Got all the utilities pushed back to the 9th of May so now I have plenty of time to sell my stuff that I'm leaving in the house. And the last trash pick up will be the 10th. After that I'm officially "out a here!" Will keep my keys and still dig up flower bulbs and such, as they come up out of the ground. I planted them, I should be able to keep some of them and replant where I'm going.

So far I dug up a portion of a variagated hosta, some pure white Oriental Lilies, one surviving Canna, a small bleeding heart plant (white ones) and if the Dahlia come up again, I'll take those, too. Leaving all the tulips, iris, daffodils, hydrangea plant, sedum, roses, and other things I planted as well. Leaving the ornamental grasses too. Might buy a few "Morning Light" grasses for over there. We'll see where I can plant things that will get pretty large.

Must get moving. BBL.

Last edited by CherylB; 05-01-2012 at 07:39 AM..
Old 05-01-2012, 03:13 PM   #582
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
hi everyone, I'm hanging in here. I was spending time with the family while my son was here. He left yesterday, so it was an emotional day for me. Chloe has gotten sick. She had a cold when we got back from Georgia and then I noticed Thursday it was getting worse. So Saturday she woke up with a high fever, 101.8. It went up to 103 by Saturday night so we took her to our Med Express at 9 pm. Just as they were closing! Anyways, sinus infection and the beginning of an ear infection. So antibiotics x10 days and Ibuprofen every 6 hrs. Shes feeling better, but not 100%.
DD had her child support hearing today.....$364/mo + $17 extra a month til he catches up on almost $800 arrearages and he has to pay between $6-8000 for chloe's birth. He had no idea what hit him. My dd gave him every opportunity to help her with Chloe, and he never gave her a dime. Has only spent MAYBE $300 on her in 11 months, including Xmas!
I wonder how he'll afford his Explorer now! And the gas to put in it! Sorry, but he deserved this.
well, I'll be back later! Oh! I have to get another back surgery too! Find out tomorrow which one. Might be a fusion, or two other options.

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
Old 05-01-2012, 04:24 PM   #583
Big Yapper!

Tammy, I just replied to your PM and cut/pasted what I wrote to share here so I don't have to write it a second time. But please read your PM cause I didn't paste the parts directed at you over here.

Oh, wait a minute! Reading your post here and seeing more than what you wrote in your PM. 103? That's very high. Thank God you got her to the clinic in time before they closed! I will pray about the child support hearing. He's in for a very rude awakening. Dead beat Dads don't stand a chance in this day and age.

Good grief! Will pray about your surgery, too. Hang in there, honey! I will, too.

I'm spending my last night in my own house; unless I decide to blow up an air mattress after tonight. NOT! Movers coming at 11:30 and I STILL have so much to do. How on earth did I think this was going to be an "easy move"?

The madness continues. Went to do my barn thing today and it was the first day of therapy lessons. Was told they needed me to be a substitute side-walker then when I showed up at 3:30 (as I was told to do,) the woman looked at me and said, "Cheryl! What are you doing here?" Come to find out, they changed the schedule and posted that I wasn't needed on 5/1. Morons.

Not morons, just stressed and trying to pull it all together. Anyway, she said she needed someone for the 5 pm lesson, then that was cancelled because the people had some missing documentation. They had showed up and had to be told they couldn't ride. I can't imagine their disappointment. Once again, too much for too few people to be over-seeing. Could have been avoided if there was more help.

I could go on, but time does not permit. Then hot tub guy texts me and asks if I can come give him a lesson. I read the text 40 minutes after he sent it and reply, "Sure. Can be there in 15 minutes." "Oh, now isn't a good time. Can you come later?" Back and forth only to find out he has a PTA meeting from 7-8 and I say I can come at 8:15, trying to work with him. "I can try to be there by around that time." I finally got home and wrote him back. Told him this is my last night in my house and that the tub needs to come up to at least 90 degrees before we can start testing and adding chemicals.

I'm going to find a few moments of peace among all this chaos and then I'm going to finish what needs to be done before the movers get here tomorrow. It's sheer MADNESS, I tell you.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:28 AM   #584
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Chloe is back to herself now. I bought her some of those iced animal crackers and you'd have thought I gave her the best thing ever! LOL
My son & I are good now. Hes very home sick. He said he thought he was gonna be sick yesterday he was so homesick. Poor kid! I talked (texted) to him all day yesterday and last night he called me 1 a.m., midnight his time, after he was done on duty to tell me good night. I told him it will get better and we'll be down to visit soon.
My dd is going down next month for a weekend. So he has that to look forward to.
My surgery is held off for now. I have to see a Physiatrist for strengthening of my legs and abdomen. Plus I wanna lose atleast 15 lbs before I have it done. I go back to see the surgeon on June 13th to go forward from there. A fusion is the surgery. I have a reherniation at the L5-S1 and my L3-4 is slipping. Lord help me!
And I carry around a 20 lb baby!!! Yikes!
well, hope the move is going well. check in soon!
Take care!
Old 05-02-2012, 05:34 PM   #585
Big Yapper!

Tammy, I'm so glad to hear that Chloe and your son are getting back to normal. Sorry about the surgery but I hope it really helps you this time. Carrying Chloe and whatever weight you regained isn't helping matters. I am in the same boat, minus the baby.

I'm IN! Laying in bed and about to tuck myself in. I'm so exhausted. It feels so unreal, being here. Kind of like I'm spending time in someone elses house. But I know it will feel more like mine in a short time.

I miss my Sissy and I may call and tell the groomer/kennel woman that I'll come get her Friday instead of Saturday morning. I just think it's time to have her share in this experience. I still have much to do at the other house but she doesn't have to go with me for that part of it. Oh, dilemas!

Thank you all for your support and prayers through this trying time. It's not over yet but I'm definitely past the toughest part! I feel great. WASTED, but great.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:53 PM   #586

Cheryl, wishing you a wonderful evening, and sweet dreams in your new home!
Old 05-02-2012, 06:09 PM   #587
Big Yapper!

Thank you! Like your new Avi. But where are you in that picture?
Old 05-02-2012, 06:18 PM   #588

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Thank you! Like your new Avi. But where are you in that picture?
I got tired of looking at myself, LOL!
Old 05-02-2012, 06:41 PM   #589
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Cheryl!

YAY!!! You are IN!!! Hooray!! I am sure you will get settled and it will feel like home in no time. Sissy will love it too. And I think no move is ever easy. Moving sucks!! Sorry that you got screwed at the farm. I don't like when things are run really well. My time is very important to me, but I don't think other people always see that.

I have been super busy these last few days. We got a new (used, but new to us) car and we got a dresser and end tables from craigslist. DH and I had to get them down from a third level apt. But I felt so strong from doing Insanity! And I have planted all my garden goodies. I planted zukes, cukes, yellow squash, tomatoes, green and red peppers, thyme, cilantro, rosemary, and basil. I might do more, but that will get me started. And it was H.O.T. today! Well over 90 degrees!

Tammy, sorry to hear that your son is homesick. But glad that you are good now too. It is hard to not get along with your kids. And poor lil' Chloe. Happy to hear she is on the mend. I can't imagine having back problems. I will pray for you, friend.

Gotta go pack lunches and get ready for another busy day. We will be watching my sweet 14 month old niece this weekend. Will be quite a change for us, but we are looking forward to it.

Praying as always!
Old 05-02-2012, 08:14 PM   #590
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

well you are probably asleep nice & sound in your new place! hope you're having pleasant dreams my son sounded better today and getting adjusted to his routine so far. he can't get over how much free time he has. LOL I told him permanent duty is nothing like basic, now he knows!
It is so darn hot here! it was 85* and humid. I can't take the heat! Its not even summer yet.
Chloe is back to normal. I made myself chicken noodle soup (progresso) and she ate most of it. Greedy baby! She loved the carrots. I maybe got a few spoonfuls! LOL Then she ate half of a pb & j sandwich. The girl can eat LOL
well, be back tomorrow! G'nite all......
Old 05-03-2012, 10:01 AM   #591
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh, exciting, exciting! Your first night in your cozy new home! I hope you slept like a baby! I just feel like this is the start of a great new chapter in the book of Cheryl!
Old 05-03-2012, 06:10 PM   #592
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzcrzy View Post
I got tired of looking at myself, LOL!
I hear that! That's why I used to always have an Avi of anything other than me. I still like to change them up sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremom View Post
Hey Cheryl!

YAY!!! You are IN!!! Hooray!! I am sure you will get settled and it will feel like home in no time. Sissy will love it too. And I think no move is ever easy. Moving sucks!! Sorry that you got screwed at the farm. I don't like when things are run really well. My time is very important to me, but I don't think other people always see that.

I have been super busy these last few days. We got a new (used, but new to us) car and we got a dresser and end tables from craigslist. DH and I had to get them down from a third level apt. But I felt so strong from doing Insanity! And I have planted all my garden goodies. I planted zukes, cukes, yellow squash, tomatoes, green and red peppers, thyme, cilantro, rosemary, and basil. I might do more, but that will get me started. And it was H.O.T. today! Well over 90 degrees!

Tammy, sorry to hear that your son is homesick. But glad that you are good now too. It is hard to not get along with your kids. And poor lil' Chloe. Happy to hear she is on the mend. I can't imagine having back problems. I will pray for you, friend.

Gotta go pack lunches and get ready for another busy day. We will be watching my sweet 14 month old niece this weekend. Will be quite a change for us, but we are looking forward to it.

Praying as always!
You've been a busy girl, too! Congrats on the new-to-you car and dressers/end tables, and all the veggie gardening! And muscles!

90 degrees is TOO HOT for me. I hope you can handle the heat better than I can. Have a wonderful weekend watching your little niece! What a precious age!

Thanks for the continued prayers, darling. Same to you, sweetie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tay65 View Post
well you are probably asleep nice & sound in your new place! hope you're having pleasant dreams my son sounded better today and getting adjusted to his routine so far. he can't get over how much free time he has. LOL I told him permanent duty is nothing like basic, now he knows!
It is so darn hot here! it was 85* and humid. I can't take the heat! Its not even summer yet.
Chloe is back to normal. I made myself chicken noodle soup (progresso) and she ate most of it. Greedy baby! She loved the carrots. I maybe got a few spoonfuls! LOL Then she ate half of a pb & j sandwich. The girl can eat LOL
well, be back tomorrow! G'nite all......
Oh, no! You have terrible heat too? Here it comes to CT, I guess. We're in a rainy, cool pattern. Maybe it will keep the heat away. If so, I'll embrace the rain! I'm so glad your son has more time on his hands now. Also glad that whatever was happening between he and you has passed. I was so sad for you when you were so distraught.

How cute that Chloe is such a hearty eater! I love watching babies eat. They have no clue about table manners or anything. They are just so "pure."

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Oh, exciting, exciting! Your first night in your cozy new home! I hope you slept like a baby! I just feel like this is the start of a great new chapter in the book of Cheryl!
Hey, Jessica! Yes, I'm all cozy in my new apartment. The only thing that is a drag is that I live on a "main drag." I hear a lot of traffic noise. I live in the same little town but what a difference a few streets make! I will get used to it. It could certainly be worse but my bedroom is at the front of the house. When it warms up and I'm using fans and a/c's, I won't even notice the traffic. But right now, all I have is the TV and the birdies!

I got lots more done today. Got a few car-loads of stuff from the house to the duplex (alone today) and did my first session of side-walking at the Therapy Center. It was scary but turned out to be sooooo coooool!

The little girl was on her first ride and she had a private session for a half hour cause they missed the session last Tuesday. She's just 4 years old. She was a little uncomfortable when she got fitted for her helmet, then when we walked with her family up to the Arena and she saw the horses, she started to cry and grab onto her Mom. It wasn't looking good at all.

After a few minutes, the instructor got down on her level and talked with her. She handed the little girl the tiniest little horse brush and asked her if she wanted to brush the horse. She was still crying but took the brush. Suddenly she started walking toward the gate all alone! Still crying. We opened the gate and she started trucking over to the horse with us. Still crying.

She got up on the horse (was lifted, of course) and she still cried until about 15 seconds after the horse started to walk. Then suddenly the tears stopped and her eyes got really wide and she was doing everything she was asked to do. Sometimes she just held onto a small ball, other times she was asked to toss the ball to the instructor and to catch it when tossed back.

Various things like that occured and it was so enriching! She was non-verbal and clearly has speech issues but after only 1/2 hour session, she said "Whoa!" when we stopped the horse for the last time. She would point and say something (who knows what) when we asked her to say, "Walk on, Calvin." But she tried. The "whoa" was very clear.

It was awesome! Now I'm back home and I am down for the night. Tomorrow will be more moving but it's a whole different feeling being "in." I know what I need and what I don't need and so I can pick and choose from what I have at the house rather than just blindly packing what I feel has value. What a difference!

Going to post this before I lose it! God bless all of you lovely ladies this fine evening. I love you all. TTYT! (God willing.)
Old 05-07-2012, 07:15 PM   #593
Major LCF Poster!

Had a very busy weekend with my niece and kiddos, but have been thinking of you. Will be back tomorrow to catch up. Just wanted you to know I was still here.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:25 PM   #594
Big Yapper!

Not much to catch up on! Too busy and stuff to post. Computer troubles abound and it's raining cats and dogs here. Did the barn stuff and showed the refrigerator to a guy who mistook my being in foreclosure to mean that I'm desperate. He wants me to come down a full $100 and I'm no chump. I hate that men treat a single woman like she's a moron. I told him no.

Power and water getting turned off at the other house as of tomorrow. I'm going to try and get over there in the morning to fill up some buckets with water so I can at least flush toilet, wash hands, etc. Will see if I can run my extention cord (long, heavy-duty orange type) and attach it to a neighbors' similar cord so I can still prove my fridge and tv's and a/c unit works when someone comes to see them.

How I long for the day when I can just live HERE! When I can just work on getting used to the street noises and when I'm completely unpacked. I'm still carting things over between the other house and this one! Like almost on a daily basis!

Good news is that I've decided to stop the madness and get back on a LC plan. So as of today, I have only had three mega-mugs of coffee w/ Ez Sweetz and half/half, and three string cheeses. Tomorrow I will make a decent breakfast to get things rolling.

I may buy the kid's laptop (who lives upstairs.) It's cheap enough and I'm sick of trying to fight with this one. The hinges are now broken on both sides and it boggs down so much that sometimes it won't go online or even allow me to turn the computer off! It's in my lap as I lay on my bed. I've got a pillow supporting the monitor and the keyboard is at a very uncomfortable angle.

But I have to go to great lengths to come on LCF these days! Missing all of you and will be back when I have another few moments. Oh, the stories I long to be telling you!
Old 05-09-2012, 11:41 AM   #595
Big Yapper!

Been SWAMPED with the move. It's tough having your feet in two properties at one time. It's the hardest move I've ever done in my life and I thought it was going to be one of the simplest! The electricity and water are being turned off over there today so I woke at 0500 (not planned) and ran over there to fill up all the buckets I could find so I can flush toilets, wash hands, etc.

Showed the refrigerator to a guy yesterday and he looked very interested, then he wrote me later on and offered me $100 less than I wanted. I said no and he disappeared. But I have a woman driving down here to look at it around 7 pm. I told her that there is no water or electricity there as of today and if she comes after the sun sets, we'll be looking at it using a flashlight. I will have to see if I can string about three long-@$$ extension cords from one of my neighbors houses. If she buys it just on faith, that takes GUTS.

I hope it sells. One less thing to worry about. I should have taken a video of it so I could show it to her and show her the date it was taken, yada, yada. After this sells, I just have to convince someone to buy my huge a/c unit. Then everything else doesn't require electricity.

Today I focused on washing and hanging curtains, installing hardware for curtains where there was none, etc. I also looked at my upstairs neighbors' laptop and bought it! Only $150 and it is head and shoulders above the laptop I have now which is literally falling apart. Got the desktop computer online, too! Things are coming together.

I am pulling back from the therapeutic riding place for now. I just don't have the time or energy for that. The place is simply crawling with volunteers and I need to feel needed. If I'm there, I want to be busy. So I'm not going to be side-walking and I may change my barn/equine care to a time when they truly are in need of people. I know they still have times when there aren't enough folks. I'd rather do the equine care at those times. Still, it will only be one afternoon a week.

I have to find a job, as soon as I have time to look for one! Just a part time equine job. That will be enough to help pay the bills and still have money to live on.

So, that's the news right now! Will take pics and post when I have time. Weighed 189 yesterday on the morning of my first Atkins day. Today I was down to 184.4. Water! So much water, so little energy to pack it around.

Love and hugs to all of you! Missed being here but will be around much more now, God-willing.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:21 AM   #596
Big Yapper!

Wow, ladies! Lots to report. Fridge gone as of 8:30 pm last night. They had to totally dismantle it to get it out of the house. I had forgotten how it had come in 6 years before. Glad it's gone and one less thing to worry about!

And last night after 9 pm, I got an email from the program director at the therapy place I volunteer at. Riding lessons begin TODAY! I had forgotten about the email today because I had taken my pm meds early and wanted to get to bed sooner. But I had the foresight to set a reminder for me on the Blackberry. It was that that made me go back and investigate. Whew!

So I thought I had a day of being a home-maker but not so fast, chickie! You've got one more appointment before this week is through.

Atkins day 4 and down some more! 178.2. I already feel so much better since I started back on LC. I have not been eating well, though. I have to find the box I packed my vitos into and start taking them again.

So, down 10.8 already! Woohoo! Atkins always works great for me for the first month, then I hit a wall. I hope it doesn't happen this time around.

Have a great day, ladies! Hope all is well with you.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:25 AM   #597
Big Yapper!

Forgot to mention. I just reread the post from a few days ago. The person who bought the fridge didn't have to buy it without checking that it worked. The power is still on. I called last night to find out why and they said they can't get to the meter cause of the vines and stuff that have taken over that corner of the yard. It's always been a nightmare. So now I have to go chop it back.

Also, I said I was cutting back at the farm. Well, what I did was I told them I wouldn't be involved with program (no side-walking) and I picked up an additional pm shift on Mondays cause they need people that day and there is no program on Mondays. Just me, two other ladies and the horses. Just how I like it.

I told them I couldn't start this coming Monday, though. We're taking Mom out for Mother's Day on Monday afternoon. We hate to deal with the crowds on special days. We usually go a day early but this time we'll do it on Monday.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:32 AM   #598
Big Yapper!

Just watching the clock until it's time to leave for my riding lesson. Not raining yet but clouds moving in. Not worried. Might get a sprinkle but nothing significant. Plan to be there an hour from now. I hate waiting! I'm the world's worst waiter.

How is everyone out there today? Am I all alone? Tell me what's going on with you and yours!

Forgot to tell you what happened a few minutes ago! I went outside to get the mail (have to walk out to the street for it now, as opposed to just opening the door and grabbing it off the side of the house.) Well, I put Sissy's electified collar on her so she could get some practice not going outside the fence line.

Some old guy was calling for what I thought was a dog. He was out at the street and suddenly started walking toward me, through my driveway. Off Sissy went to greet him with no thought of the collar, fence or flags. She surely got zapped good but instead of running in fear out into the street, she came back into the yard. WHEW! Valuable lesson learned but not the way I would have liked it to happen.

The guy is my neighbor (two houses down the street) and his name is Jerry. Old guy wearing suspenders. Has lived in his house for 35 years. Let a black cat outside to go the bathroom (won't use the litter box) and the cat is gone. Last time he saw him he/or she was in our yard. So I met a neighbor, shook his hand, told him my name and told him I'd bring the cat home if I see it. Hope Cisco doesn't see it before I do or she'll chase that sucker outside the fence line yet again. I really wish it was just a regular fence around this property but I'm thankful that it has the electric kind. She'll learn and I'll chill out about it.

Last edited by CherylB; 05-11-2012 at 11:38 AM..
Old 05-12-2012, 02:01 PM   #599
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi, Cheryl! Looks like you are doing great both on the move and on the weight loss front! I've been mobbed with stuff this week, but things are now slowing down and I will be more present on your blog!
Old 05-12-2012, 04:23 PM   #600
Big Yapper!

Yea! I've missed you. Glad things are settling down in your neck of the woods. Things are getting much more settled with me, too. In fact I just posted all about my busy day over on the rogue hcg thread. (No idea why I still post over there. I like the people, that's all.)

Weight loss is moving along and I am optomistic that I can get back into at least the mid 160's before Atkins craps out on me again. Then I will consider starting another hhcg round. I still have pellets.
Closed Thread