Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2012, 10:40 AM   #31
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Now, about my equine care experience yesterday. Holy smokes! With the cold and the wind it was a terrible situation. Even the equine manager was outside trying to help us get everything done and when she and I passed each other, she looked at me and said, "This Sucks!" All I could do was laugh and agree with her.

The good part about it being such a terrible weather day was that they hadn't turned out the horses into the paddocks so clean up went much faster. The girl that I was working with yesterday is super efficient, too. I love working with her (but sadly, I won't work with her again for two weeks. She and the other girl switch-off every other Friday afternoon.)

The two horses that were turned out for the day (they are kept in the barn so there is no choice but to turn them out) were super frisky when we went to bring them in. I wanted to bring them in together (that seems to be the way it's done with the two of them,) so Kelsey was there to see how it went. I was able to do it, even though they were totally wired. When we got into the barn, she took Daphne (the pony that looks like the horse that I used to have in my avi) and I lead Big Red into his stall.

It all just goes like clockwork when it's me and Kelsey. I wish I worked with her more often. Maybe I should see what days she's on and try to change my schedule to fit hers. That would be kind of creepy but, hey! I'm volunteering, right? I can be creepy if I want to. At least during the winter.

Actually, I may need to change my Tuesday commitment anyway because I signed up for two Adult Ed classes (one begins right after the first one ends.) I've signed up for these classes a few times in the past and they always get cancelled for lack of participants so it remains to be seen if I'll be doing either of them. The first is Beginning Guitar (signed up for this one about 4 times. It always gets cancelled.) The other is Beginning Line Dancing (second try at this one.) So, if all goes well, the guitar class won't get cancelled and then I'll have to change Tuesday equine care to another day. The line dancing classes will be on Thursdays so I'll try to reschedule equine care from Tuesday to Monday or Wednesday.

I need to let my hands and keyboard rest for a few minutes now! Yowser!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2012, 11:28 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Location: Wherever the Motorhome is parked, Today Pigeon Forge, TN
Gallery: katiesmemaw
WOE: hcg
Wow Cheryl. These soup recipes look absolutely wonderful. I've been wanting a recipe for both of these and can't wait to cook up a batch!!! Thank you so very much!!!
Also thank you for the kind words. And you are doing absolutely great for this round of Atkins!!! Is your current weight 140?? How much more do you think you want to lose?? Your picture is absolutely gorgeous. I can see such a difference from the last picture you had up!!
You are right, to do hcg it does take a completely fanatic fixation on following protocol to have the success we are all striving for.
Dh starts Round2 around the 22nd. Think I may go along for a short round. # wise I actually am ecstatic with the 162.6 I weighed in at today but I still have a LOOOOOTTTT of flabby extraneous fat (sorry tmi) that I would love to see some of that Dr. Simeons said we'd lose as long as we did the protocol. I'll just have to see. Do you think there would be risk of not being able to stabilize again in P3 after another short round. If so that would certainly be a consideration.
Sorry to have gone on and on here Cheryl. So great to hear from you and to read your recipes and upbeat journal for the day. Hope the rest of this day is blessed for you!!! as always.
Betty
Old 01-14-2012, 05:25 PM   #33
Big Yapper!

Oh, man! I wish! I'm 176.6 as of today. My lowest was 159.6 on 9/2/11 (in between hcg rounds, doing a "summer thing" of my own,) and since then I've been up and down, up and down. I will get past my lowest and when I do, I'll repost a weight ticker.

I'm glad you are going to make the soups! They are both so good. You are absolutely welcome.

I had to LMAO when I read what you said about "such a difference in this new Avi over the last one I had up." The last one was of the white horse! I know what you mean, though. Actually, both of those pics were taken on the same day, the angle is just different. The camera was a little bit up in this one and I was looking up toward it. The one before was more level with my head and straight at my face.

140 is my goal weight. I feel great at 140 (if memory serves) but it's been since 1999 since I was there. I don't have clear recollection of what my weight was at certain times of my life. My life has been chaotic and stressful and I've done more than my share of mind-blurring substances. But when I get to 140, I'll see how I feel and then maybe drop a little more. I doubt I'd want to be much lower than the lower 130's. I don't need to be stick-thin.

That sounds good; the idea of your reshaping round with your hubby. Maybe it will take some of that sub-q adipose away and help your skin to firm up. If hubby's doing it, why not just tag along? No, I don't think there would be any trouble stabilizing, but how short of a round do you mean? Supposedly the shortest a round should be is 21 VLCD's. So, 19 VLC dosing days and then 2 VLCD's off the hcg at the end.

Blessings to you too! And to all of you who are hanging around in the shadows tonight! I need to run and try to focus on this Patriots/Bronco's game. My Mom is a die-hard Patriots fan and I have to share this with her, even though we live apart. I can text her at key moments. She's such a cute 80 year-old fan. God bless her tonight, too. Go, Patriots!!!
Old 01-14-2012, 06:48 PM   #34
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Wow! The soups look great. I will try the sausage and kale one next week. I love to have a pot of soup in the fridge--it's nice to have dinner always ready at the drop of a hat (or the push of a microwave button!)

Have you ever made the southwestern taco soup from Linda Sue's site? It's a favorite one of mine, too, really great for a chilly evening.

The music workshop today was nice, and I've just been vegging ever since I got home. Feels good not to have a "next" on my schedule today. I made Pioneer Woman's steak bites for dinner, and they were great!

I'm off to watch some recorded football now. See you tomorrow!

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 01-14-2012, 07:42 PM   #35
Big Yapper!

I love them both! You'll like that sausage soup, Jessica. It's very satisfying. I've never tried the SW taco soup but I love the thought of it. I'll look it up and see how to make it. I am like you as far as loving having food ready to reheat for a quick and legal dinner.

I'm glad you had a good day today! Never heard of Pioneer Woman's steak bites. Is she a member here on LCF? Not familiar with her. I'm watching football too, which is something I only do around the Superbowl. My Mom loves the Patriots so I'm watching them slaughter Denver. It's almost sad.

I'm going to take my meds and hit the hay. Be back tomorrow, God willing! Love and hugs to all. Stay warm! (Jessica, was it cold there like you said it is every year?)
Old 01-14-2012, 07:43 PM   #36
Big Yapper!

Marie, you still with us? How are you doing?
Old 01-15-2012, 06:08 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for your input Cheryl. As we get closer to dh doing Round2 I may be closer to making a decision too.
I do remember the horse picture ya had last and you are MUCH prettier than that beaufiful animal. Sorry I was so unclear about that.lol
You WILL definitely get to the 140 tho you look wonderful right now!! It's beautiful here in SC this morning. Suns coming up and gonna be in the 50's today.
Wishing you another great day!!
Betty
Old 01-15-2012, 06:38 AM   #38
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/135/129-131
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Marie, you still with us? How are you doing?
Hi Cheryl,

I am stilll here, and doing well. I just don't have much to say, lol. I see my surgeon again on Tuesday. My head is back in the game, and I am finally off my sugar withdrawl, lol. My stats are current. I am low this morning though because it is after a down day, and I took my once a week water pill. I am happy to maintain between 140-143. I am mainly eating high protein/high fat. Your soup recipes look so yummy. I am glad you are back in the game! I love, love, your avatar pic .

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiesmemaw View Post
Thanks for your input Cheryl. As we get closer to dh doing Round2 I may be closer to making a decision too.
I do remember the horse picture ya had last and you are MUCH prettier than that beaufiful animal. Sorry I was so unclear about that.lol
You WILL definitely get to the 140 tho you look wonderful right now!! It's beautiful here in SC this morning. Suns coming up and gonna be in the 50's today.
Betty
Betty, you are living my retirement dream. I recently came across Workamper News. Are you familiar? They help with jobs while living the RV lifestyle. My ds lives in Greenville, SC. He graudated college in August, and moved there to work and live with his girlfriend. We are planning a quick trip there in March. My dh is still working, but, thinking about retirement at the end of this year.

Tammy, hope your ds is doing well. Hello to ALL on the thread.

The BEACH is my HAPPY PLACE.

Old 01-15-2012, 09:08 AM   #39
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiesmemaw View Post
Betty
Don't you dare be sorry! I knew what you meant, after thinking back to what my previous Avi was. It was just hysterical to me. I actually think the horse is prettier. Thanks for the compliments. When I get to where I was at my lowest and beyond, I'll get all dolled up again and take some great "during" pics. I promise!

I'm jealous of your location and weather, and like Marie said, you are living one of my dreams. I came so close to owning a used Class A in August of 2010. I was selling everything I owned so I could make the transition. Then when the transition didn't happen, I had to completely change directions. In fact, I lost direction at that point and that was when I went off Atkins and into a spiral that lasted until I restarted Atkins in February of 2011 and then started HCG in March of 2011. The curve balls of life get me every time. I can be a big baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzcrzy View Post
Hi Cheryl,

I am stilll here, and doing well. I just don't have much to say, lol. I see my surgeon again on Tuesday. My head is back in the game, and I am finally off my sugar withdrawl, lol. My stats are current. I am low this morning though because it is after a down day, and I took my once a week water pill. I am happy to maintain between 140-143. I am mainly eating high protein/high fat. Your soup recipes look so yummy. I am glad you are back in the game! I love, love, your avatar pic .

Betty, you are living my retirement dream. I recently came across Workamper News. Are you familiar? They help with jobs while living the RV lifestyle. My ds lives in Greenville, SC. He graudated college in August, and moved there to work and live with his girlfriend. We are planning a quick trip there in March. My dh is still working, but, thinking about retirement at the end of this year.

Tammy, hope your ds is doing well. Hello to ALL on the thread.
That's wonderful! I miss you when you don't stop in and say hello from time to time. So you are doing JUDDD now? I'd forgotten that. It seems to be working like a charm for your maintenance. What sugar withdrawal were you suffering from? Did you have a naughty UD?

I'm glad I'm back in the game, too. It's a relief and I'm enjoying Atkins right now. I know it's "not a diet but a lifestyle" but I still want HCG losses. I am starting to slow down in the losses so I really need to stick to what I said about only weighing twice a week. I was down 0.2 more today for a grand total of 8.6 on day 7. That's a great number but you know how that goes. Week one is always the best week for numbers. I'm just hoping that with all the energy I'm expending with the horses that it will help me to lose more weight while on plan.

I have been on that "Workamper News" site, too. I have multiple books on RV'ing full-time and looked up many different websites and forums. There's also one that sounds really great where you literally park your RV at a person's home and in exchange for maintaining their lawn, watering their house plants and maybe caring for their dogs (while they are away), you get a free place to park and free water and electric hookup. Not a bad deal, huh! I forget what that's called but I'll look in my "favorites list" and post it here.

It's called, "The Caretaker Gazette." Check it out! Both of you!

Last edited by CherylB; 01-15-2012 at 09:10 AM..
Old 01-15-2012, 06:03 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Hey ya'll. I've been RVing for the last 11 almost 12 years now full time. Right after I retired from my 31 year career I subscribed to Workamper News and went to work almost immediately at a Resort up in No. Georgia. I worked there twice for a couple of years. Also worked at a State Park out in Texas. Great experiences. Made some wonderful friends.
Long story short, met my dh and he and I married and he says my fulltime job is taking care of him now. lol He and I have traveled around the country since 2002. It is a great life.
I did subscribe at one time to the Caretaker Gazette too.
Hope Bernice came to visit!! It's amazing how important her visits are!!
Chat again later. Cheryl and Marie hope you both have a great evening and an even better tomorrow. Wishing you a terrific report from the Dr. on Tuesday.
Betty
Old 01-15-2012, 06:24 PM   #41
Big Yapper!

I second that, Betty! Good luck at the Dr's, Marie!

It sounds like RV'ing is the perfect life for the two of you. Doesn't sound like retirement to me, though!

Nite, ladies. I must wind down somehow. WTMCT!!! (New accronym. It stands for WAY TOO MUCH COFFEE TODAY!) I am wired and I don't know when I'm going to come back down.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:25 PM   #42
Big Yapper!

Hi, ladies! Sorry for the ultra-late check-in on my journal. It's been a screwy day. I was awake all night and then took pills to sleep in the morning. I slept from around 09 until about 1530. Then I drank a cup of coffee and discovered that my sister had decided to send me a dozen or so pics of her car that she just had detailed, for pre-sale. I told her I'd list it on Craigslist for her when she was ready.

So, the ad is posted and I have all those pics stored into my computer. When someone inquires, I'll email them all of the rest (Craigslist only lets you post 4.) I would love to buy her car but she doesn't want to take a chance on selling it to someone she knows, in case the car has major problems just around the bend. I can understand that. And really, my next vehicle should be a truck or van. And thanks be to God, my car is still serving me well. It will be 12 years I've had it come July 1st. It was 2 years old when I got it. We've been through so much together!

I cooked some chicken wings that I marinated overnight in the refrigerator. Those suckers come out so good! But this time they were very greasy because I used some left-over seasoned oil that I'd been saving for an occasion such as this. It was a small container that had those little mozzarella balls and tomatoes in oil and spices. I saved the container and decided to throw that in with the salsa and salt and pepper. I think it was a good idea but boy were they greasy!

It's starting to lightly snow/sleet here. I was taking the trash and recyclables to the curb and was surprised when I opened the door. I don't think it's supposed to accumulate into much but only time will tell. The satellite images look like it's just a squall.

Today is day 8 on Atkins and I'm down exactly 10 lbs! This puts me at 175.0 so I still have mileage to cover before I reach VFT. I'll get there and it won't be long. Then I'll be rocking some clothes that I had just got a tiny taste of wearing, back in the beginning of September.

I hope everyone is doing great today! Tomorrow pm is my equine care day so I'm hoping it is drier than they are predicting. If not, I'll be dressed for it. There are 3 of us on Tuesdays so it goes pretty smoothly.

That's about all the news! Love and hugs to all. Hope to see you around tomorrow. Blessings!

PS: After so much trouble sleeping last night, I have a good idea it was due to drinking so much coffee. Today I've only had two cups so that will help me to get back on track. Wish me luck!

Last edited by CherylB; 01-16-2012 at 06:32 PM..
Old 01-16-2012, 10:36 PM   #43
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
hello! yep! I'm up watching tv. I'm always up til about 2 a.m.
Hope your getting some sleep tonight. I use to have issues with sleeping, but it was when my hubby worked nights and I felt scared. I'd stay up all night.
Today Chloe's dad came again. She's still not completely comfortable with him. Hes not very consistent at all.
Chloe has teeth coming in. One is up pretty far now, its on the bottom. one on top is just barely through. Giving her tylenol every 4 hrs or she gets whiny and cranky.
Hubby is on the board to negotiate a new contract at his job. Its allll he talks about! Dont get me wrong, I like the raises he gets and the signing bonus. BUT, darn! Cant he talk about other things???? LOL This contract they are going for a half percent of the profits of the company. Ends up being about $9,000/YR. I can spend that! hehehe
well, will ttyt! Good night!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
Old 01-17-2012, 11:03 AM   #44
Big Yapper!

I hope he gets his new contract. Extra money is always useful.

Does Chloe have one of those teething rings that you keep in the freezer? You know what I mean, I'm sure. They gnaw on it and it numbs the gums. Then there those topical gels you apply with your finger. Why am I telling you all this? You're a Momma and a Gramma and a dang fine one at that.

I'm in a really bad-patch of sleeping. I hate it so much. But it will get better. Someone mentioned using 5HTP and I may look into that. It's just that I take a number of prescription drugs and I have to be cautious about adding in OTC stuff. For instance, because of an antidepressant I take, I can't take something innocuous like St John's Wart. It interacts somehow.

Same weight today on the scale, so the lb's are catching up with the number of days on LC. Day 9, 10 lbs. Here is when I need to stick to my guns and only weigh twice a week. My fear with that is, what if the days I choose to weigh are my "up" days and I miss the low days? I'm skeerd.

Slept until almost 1 pm today, then my sister called. Someone is coming to look at and drive her car today after he gets out of work! That means it would have sold in 24 hours! Yea! I hope it works out for her. That would be amazing. Too bad we got a little snow last night because the car was just detailed and now it's got snow muck on it. But as she said, if it was a new car on a lot, it would be out in the same elements. So true.

I am drinking coffee and need to go shopping for a few things on the way home from the farm tonight. I am going to try mixing decaf with 2- half-cafs. That will make it 1/4 caf and that might be where I need to be for sleeping better. I don't care for the taste of decaf and I feel like it's somehow not as good. I should try to switch back to my herbal teas, but they are boring.

It's looking like a perplexing day as far as how I should dress for equine care. The ground is likely to be frozen but there is a chance of mud. I will dress for mud I guess. And I'm bringing my new rain gear (top and pants) because it's supposed to rain. I don't think it's going to be heavy enough to bother wearing those but I'll bring them in the car with me.

I hope everyone has a lovely day today! Stay warm and dry.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:06 PM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
have you ever thought of doing a graph of your weight so you can see the trend?
Yes, we have many teething rings. we dont use topical stuff. bad for the gums! she's hanging in there though. we make sure she gets her tylenol.
how were the horses?
Old 01-17-2012, 05:59 PM   #46
Big Yapper!

If I did a truly honest graph, it would look like the New York Stock Exchange. I've taken too many detours.

The horses were good! It was drizzling rain so they all were wearing their raincoats. The one horse I groomed didn't roll in the muck so he was easy to clean up. The farrier had come today so I think Big Red was tired of having his hooves messed with. It took me three tries to get his right rear hoof picked out. He'd lift it a little and I'd have to pull it up the rest of the way. Then he'd get tired of standing on three legs and he'd put it back down before I was finished. I ended up with some back pain and popped four motrin while I was at the farm. I never do that!

One of the goats seemed to be "off" and I brought it to the attention of the girl who is a regular there. She thought maybe there was urine in the grain bucket so I washed them all out and cleaned them and dried them with paper towels. Then we gave said goat another cup of grain and I held her mother's collar so she wouldn't eat it. The daughter goat did eat the grain but slowly. I am going to let the equine manager know, anyway.

There was a little snow on the ground and it was warm enough so the ground wasn't frozen. Cleaning up the paddocks was the easiest ever! It was heavier to pick up and load into the wheelbarrow, but much easier to scoop up.

We got finished a half hour earlier and I don't even know how. Not complaining! Took off my wet coat, hat and gloves, then drove to the store to pick up a few things. Ate rotisserie chicken for dinner but it was all three meals in one. I slept until 1 pm (due to sporatic sleep and taking Restoril a few times during the night) and so there was little time before the barn duty and coming back home. I just couldn't deal with cooking.

I'm so tired. I'm running on fumes! So I'm going to say goodnight to all you lovely ladies and leave the rest of my subscribed threads for tomorrow. I'm too pooped to pop.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:03 PM   #47
Big Yapper!

Down another smidge today. Now is the time I need to form the new habit of only weighing twice a week. Now is when the disappointments begin. So, now I need to put that particular plan into action.

Sleeping is still very wild. I am going to go buy some decaf coffee and go back to mixing decaf with 1/2 caf. Maybe it's all just the caffeine and the fact that I drink coffee all day long.

I can't tell you how badly I want to get off sleeping pills. I'm going to see about that 5HTP stuff and find out where to buy it. I first need to check interactions with drugs that I must continue taking. But I'm so tired of sleeping pills! And on the occasions when I will be enjoying some wine, the two just do not mix. At. All.

Cold and windy here. Sunny, though. Haven't seen the forecast today but I heard yesterday that we're supposed to get snow this Friday and Saturday. Will be my first equine care day in the snow. It will be tricky on the roads but I look forward to seeing how the horses act when it's snowing. I am completely smitten now. I am hopelessly in love with farm life.

Old 01-18-2012, 01:14 PM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Gremom
Hey Cheryl!

Sorry you are still struggling with sleep. I used to use 5htp and am thinking of getting more as I struggle a little with sleep and it really did help. I also too gaba along with it and I slept like a baby.

I have decided to give up coffee. Again! I have done it several times, but end up really missing it. But it really does bother me, so it has to go. Hopefully the decaf and 1/2 caf will work for you.

It was breezy here today, but in the 50s. We should be up in the 60s over the weekend. Sorry to rub it in!

Glad you are loving the farm life!
Old 01-18-2012, 01:41 PM   #49
Big Yapper!

Rub it in! I can take it. It helps me to remember what life is like "elsewhere" in the country. I don't allow myself to think about it much, but I sure did love living in more temperate places.

I never heard of GABA but I'm going to look into all of these things. I'll google and see what my drugs interact with so I don't get into trouble. But I seriously can't go on living on sleeping pills. They grow less and less effective and I can't even begin to describe some of the things that have happened when drinking wine (or worse; Vodka) and taking Ambien. It's freaking dangerous stuff.

I'd rather be able to enjoy wine on occasion than be reliant on sleeping drugs, so there is my motivation to get off of them for good. I am going to have to just come up with a plan to get through my first week of sleepless nights. Maybe I can just plan on cleaning and cooking and packing! If I did that, I'd be ready for anything by the time I was able to sleep like a regular person again. Wow! Just the thought of what I could accomplish in one week of sleepless nights (in which I wasn't trying to fight it) is jaw-dropping.

I refuse to give up coffee. Next to wine, it's my favorite thing to drink. Sometimes I can get totally into water and I used to be really into club soda (or seltzer) with fresh-squeezed lime in it, but I've totally lost the taste for that. I'll just do that decaf and 1/2 caf and it should help a lot. It did wonders for me last time, but when the funds ran out in December, I just had to make do with what coffee I had and I got reckless. Time to get wise again!
Old 01-19-2012, 06:20 PM   #50
Big Yapper!

Busy day today but doing well! Only down another 0.2 but this is typical for my second week on Atkins. I will not panick, I will not start changing what I'm eating, but I WILL stop weighing every day. I feel a let down each time I don't see a good number and it's just plain STUPID to keep doing something that makes you sad. (Or has the potential for making you sad, like slapping yourself in the face just for something to do.)

So, today is Thursday. I promise I will not weigh again until Monday morning. This is going to be a hectic weekend. Snow tonight, equine care and shopping tomorrow, big snow storm Saturday and then Sunday is my 10-year-old great-nephew's birthday party. I will scalp two slices of pizza and drink coffee with cream (I will be bringing the Box of Joe with me.)

Considering that I will be eating the toppings off of some pizza on Sunday, I will try and wait until Tuesday morning to weigh. Please Lord, give me strength.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Dessa, I've been thinking about you lately. Are you still around? Did you find the breadcrumbs I left that lead people to my new journal? (LC breadcrumbs, of course.)

Last edited by CherylB; 01-19-2012 at 06:21 PM..
Old 01-19-2012, 06:35 PM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Cheryl that sounds like a great plan and that you are doing well on Atkins again! Yeah!! I hope it continues with you. I am basically doing WW Points Plus. I only eat real food, cook everything, but get fruit and carbs, but limited and stay with the points. So far I have been exercising and dropping the water weight, down like 10 lbs in 3 days, and now on day 4 of staying on task with food and exercise. Now its time for the weekend, so I hope i can stay strong with you and have not a complete rebound like normal over the weekend, and maybe even a drop!! I have 28 lbs to go to goal again.. UGH! I am always saying that, but I hope to stay on task. I do not feel the "binge" urges yet so thats good news!!

Anyway was thinking about you and your Atkins so thought I would pop in and say GOOD JOB!!
Old 01-19-2012, 07:00 PM   #52
Big Yapper!

I have 34.6 to get to my original goal. I say that because I don't know if that's where I'll want to stay. But when (caught myself) I get there, I will be one happy and proud woman. All I have to do is stay faithful. The plan will take me the rest of the way.

I'm glad you found something that you can stick with. Seems like something that you can make the weekends with hubby more tolerable. You won't be saying, "I can't even touch that!"

I did WW Point System before. I didn't eat all the veggies they said to eat and I didn't drink all the water I was supposed to drink and I'd eat things that used up my points way before the day was over, then I'd be borrowing from the next day and it just didn't work out for me. I mean, I'd drink a couple of Miller Lights and there'd the points go!

I'm enjoying this plan for now. I just hope the losses move along at a predictable, steady pace. When I did it way back in 1998, I lost an average of 10 lbs per month. I've already reached my first month goal (if I'm going by what I accomplished back then). (But we are talking averages, so some months I'm sure were like 7 or 8 lbs.)

I don't care. As long as I'm going down, I can't go back up! It's as simple as that. And as long as I'm not "on a diet", I can't go off of one! It's a lifestyle and has to be thought of as such. That is where my head is at right now, and I hope I can ride this for as far as I need to before I give up and get impatient again and dive into another hhcg round. (Not in the mood for that.)

Gotta slow myself down and try to get my RPMs within a range that will allow for a good night's sleep. I'm REVVED.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:27 PM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Sounds like sound advice Cheryl, glad you have your head wrapped around it again! I am not sure what alcohol would do to the points plus system, but I usually dont drink so that should not be too much worry, although I have found one red wine I particularly like... we usually get it on Saturdays, but not sure if its a good idea now or not. So since I am only 4 days in and the weekend is still ahead, cant say with all assurity that I am "on plan" but I am for the moment and hope I continue to be through the weekend. I can be strong!! I feel good with the points and am not going over, so thats good. It tends to be about 1300-1400 calories I think... when I try to keep track. You dont calculate points by calories, but protein, fiber, carbs and fat...
Old 01-20-2012, 10:54 AM   #54
Big Yapper!

If you are ON PLAN today, then you are on plan! It's as simple as that. "One day at a time" as they all say. Today is all that we have to deal with. Tomorrow never comes.

I am so proud of myself! I didn't weigh, even though Bernice came to visit. It's very important for me to "follow through" on things. I need to work that particular muscle and make it strong.

It snowed just about an inch and it's already melting off of my car, so no shoveling today! Tomorrow, however will be a different story. I'm grateful that my equine care day is going to be a sunny and dry one. Cold, but you can't have everything!

My Mother is such a doll sometimes! She knew I had the furnace trouble this month so she didn't cash the check I had given her at Christmas. She tore it up. And now that it's time for a birthday party on Sunday, she offered to give me something she had bought for him but she ended up buying too many things. So she's going to wrap it for me and bring it to the party on Sunday! All I have to do is buy a card and stick a bow on it. I am going to pay her for it because she saved me time. (I hate shopping and do most of it online.)

I still want to add a small thing to it, though. On his list for Santa this year, he asked for some pretty high-end stuff but also things like Silly Putty and "30 Pens." I can surely find one or both of those to go with the Lego set Mom is providing.

Anyway, I'll have a pretty busy weekend ahead. If I didn't have the party on Sunday, I had wanted to go help them shovel out at the farm. Hopefully a lot of other people who are involved up there will be thinking the same thing and be able to go.

I'm bringing two bags of baby carrots today to give to the equine manager. She puts some into their grain portions and gives them treats that way. They don't allow hand-feeding, which is understandable.

I hope all you ladies have an excellent, warm day.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:27 AM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Cheryl, go you! You're doing great with this.

Hope you enjoy the birthday party, and I know you will.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:29 AM   #56
Big Yapper!

Thanks, Jess. If you haven't gone on the Atkins '72 thread, Tina posted something about needing prayer for an assistant of hers. Go and read it, then pray!
Old 01-20-2012, 02:34 PM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Gremom
Can't wait to hear how your equine day went today, Cheryl! You gotta remember that I am there with you in spirit, right?? So proud of you for following through on the not weighing. I try to tell myself not to, but I just can't. I guess I need to make myself have some water right away since it will make my weight off. Maybe someday.

Cat, looks like you are doing great an on plan. Like Cheryl said, one day at a time. That is how I have to think of it too. Just get through today and then wake up and take on a new day. You can do it! We can do it together!

I am down another lb today, so that is 3.5 since starting EFGT. I am very happy with that, but I suspect the losses will slow soon too. I only have about 15-20lbs to lose, but the last 10 are vanity. Would love to be in the 120s, but I'll just have to see how hard it is for me to get there. Anyway, I am busting my rump to get in the 130s and I WILL get there!
Old 01-20-2012, 07:20 PM   #58
Big Yapper!

What a great idea about chugging water first thing in the morning! That totally takes away any temptation to step on the scale. I'm going to use that! Thanks, Stacey! That's such a simple solution yet I'd have never come up with it myself.

Equine care today was AWESOME! I'm just so tired right now because I had to go to Walmart and CVS and get gasoline in my car afterward, (and put air in my tires) then come home and take care of the dog, put away all I'd bought and finally feed myself. But even before that I soaked and massaged my feet in an epsom salt bath because my boots are just a tad too good a fit for what we did today.

We walked the horses around an open field! I took a couple of pics with my blackberry but they came out really terrible. I will post a few of them, but from now on I'm taking my real camera for when moments like this occur. I am so STOKED.

The reason I did all that tonight is because of the big storm that is coming during the night and will snow most of the day tomorrow. I have no clue of the details, but I'm ready! (Actually, there are a couple things I still need to do before I go to bed. Sheesh!)

Stacey, WTG on the weight loss on EFGT! You must be so pleased with your progress, as you should be!

Okay. Let me do the stuff I need to do outside and then I'll try to post some pics. But keep in mind, they suck.

Last edited by CherylB; 01-20-2012 at 07:24 PM..
Old 01-20-2012, 07:42 PM   #59
Big Yapper!

Here are the only ones worth showing. The one of the goats is terrible but it shows them peering out their windows, looking for their grain. Big Red is also waiting for his grain. The white horse was one of the ones I walked. Her name is Daphne. The other white horse is named Calvin (too blurry to post his pic). He looks very much like Daphne but he's much larger (Daphne is technically a pony at just 14.2 hh.)

It was only in the mid 20's but there was no wind and I was so INTO IT!
Old 01-20-2012, 08:39 PM   #60
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: minimonkey
Stats: 5'0" -- very small frame
WOE: Clean eating, whole foods
Great pics, Cheryl!!! The goats are just TOO cute!
Closed Thread