Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2012, 02:43 PM   #541
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Hi, sweetie! I'll write more later when I can get back on the 'puter Installed Norton Internet security + it's running a scan that could take hours. Computer has been a real rag the past 2 weeks. Feeling much better today!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2012, 04:49 PM   #542
Big Yapper!

The hot tub guy texted me around 1:30 and said he wanted to come over with his electrician friend to "check things out." He said between 2 and 3. About 3:15 they arrived and it was clear that nobody had been communicating. The electrician thought he was here to disconnect it, the buyer thought he was here to check it out and plan for the disconnect and I was in the middle of cleansing it with a special bottle of chemicals that required that I turn the tub on periodically and run it. Hmmmm.

So, everyone wasted their time and I got the feeling the electrician was a bit miffed with his friend. I am getting more and more afraid that this is going to turn into a very large debackle. He said he's moved two tubs in the past but he clearly is not experienced. He thinks he's going to take it out of the yard as it sits; meaning he doesn't plan to turn it upright and make it "skinny." That is how the professionals brought it in and that's how I expected he would be taking it out.

That means I have to remove a full section of fence plus two rows of stacked wood. He says he'll do it all and not to worry but you know what? I'm worrying. I am going onto Youtube now to see if I can find a helpful video or two on moving hot tubs. He needs some pointers.

I downloaded Norton and then I had to uninstall AVG. It ran a full (s.l.o.w.) scan of the entire computer and it only found low-risk things. It's not running any better so I'll cancel before my free trial period comes to an end.

I must run now and see if I can find some videos. Hope whoever is "out there" tonight is doing well. I'm feeling pretty good. Occasionally I get a dull pain in my right abdomen but nothing bad. Will be glad when this is all a memory.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:52 PM   #543
Big Yapper!

Marie, I hope you're not weepy anymore.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:55 PM   #544
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Marie, I hope you're not weepy anymore.
I'm not weepy anymore. Thanks for asking and for the hugs.

I think it is an EXCELLENT idea to look for some YouTube videos on how to properly remove the hot tub. What a relief it will be to have this deal over.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:23 PM   #545
Big Yapper!

I know it. I just actually defragged my computer (thought it was being defragged when I ran the cleaner-type programs) but it's running much better at the moment. I hope that's all it was. Good grief!

So I did find one video of some guys flipping a very old, nasty hot tub up on it's side onto a regular rectangular dolly that they use in warehouses. They used a couple of 2x4's to get it on its side and away they went. They had some trouble, but that is exactly how the Thermospas guys brought it in to me. I got the guys' email address and sent him the url. In the comments I reminded him that it's only $329 for the professionals to do the work.

Off to bed soon. I ate some cottage cheese earlier, drank about four cups (mugs; 2 cups each) of coffee with 0.5 oz of HNH, some water and then for dinner I made an egg and cheese burrito. Not too good but it's not coming back to haunt me. Whatever it was that happened to me yesterday is thankfully over! Praise God and thank you for the prayers.

Night, darlin'!
Old 04-19-2012, 06:24 PM   #546
Big Yapper!

.... how do you abreviate half and half, anyway?
Old 04-19-2012, 07:57 PM   #547
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
hey cheryl ! I read about the belly pain & I've been like that myself and my mom (shes a retired RN) thinks its Gall Bladder trouble. You think that could be ur trouble?
I'm here in GA & lovin it! My son looked fab in his dress uniform! Of course, I cried tears of joy and of being so proud. Its hard to describe. I have never felt those feelings before. The ceremony was intense today. Hes officially an infantryman now.
Hes coming home with us tomorrow. we leave georgia and driving 7 hrs and spending the night somewhere and finish up saturday. It took 15 hrs to get here! Chloe was wonderful ! She only got fussy the last 2 hrs. She was hot and miserable. I took all her clothes off! Poor baby. So the trip back will be better for her.
Hope you get things worked out with the hot tub guy.
Talk to you tomorrow night! Take care!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
Old 04-20-2012, 06:32 AM   #548
Big Yapper!

How great to see you! That's so wonderful, those tears of joy and sense of pride. I understand that. Those moments are precious and few. (Oh, God! Now that stupid old song is going to be playing in my head.)

He's going to be able to drive back with you after all? I thought Chloe's car seat was going to make that impossible. I'm glad, though! However you worked it out. He will certainly take up more space now than he did when he went into basic training! Yeesh!

Have a wonderful and safe trip back home today. Pack some ice around Chloe when she gets hot. Those little shades that people use to stick on car windows and block the direct sunlight help a lot. See if you can snag one at a Walmart or Kmart before hitting the road. (Or even just a small towel that is clamped up tight by the window.)

Last edited by CherylB; 04-20-2012 at 06:34 AM..
Old 04-20-2012, 06:36 AM   #549
Big Yapper!

Oops! Before I slip away, I guess I should share my "battle plan." Drink one cup of coffee, turn the power back on to the spa. Run it for a bit, hose down the underside of the lid then drop the sump pump and hose into the bottom. Plug it in and wait a few hours for it to drain. Wipe out the entire spa, fill it back up (another few hours), run it for 15 minutes or so, turn the power back off and drain it for the final time.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:22 AM   #550
Big Yapper!

Wow! Action packed few days at my house! Today I can rest and just let my body recover from it all. My last post here was my battle plan for cleaning and draining the hot tub on Friday. Well, I got it done and it was a 5.5 hour process! Then I was sore from all that on Saturday and come to find out the guy came to disconnect the electrical stuff at the spa end and then I notice that he'd sent me a text. I hadn't been carrying the phone around with me and didn't see it. He was prepping to move the spa that night!

So I got very busy removing a portion of the fence and moving an entire row of wood (wheel barrow loads and dumped wood into a corner of the front yard.) Picked up and stacked all the bricks that I was using to elevate that row off wood off the ground then raked the debrit.

Cut back on creeping vines that grow over from the vacant lot next door, dragged the patio furniture out of the way and into the yard, dismantled the table umbrella and all that stuff, and raked the patio to get as much debrit out of the way as I could.

Well, his plan was to back a pick up truck and a small flatbed tilting trailer up to the spa, which is why he needed the wood moved. But he kept all the details to himself. I never thought they would be loading it onto a trainer in my back yard!

But it went very well. I took pics of the whole process, even as we walked behind it as it was being driven to it's new home 3 houses away. My dog was so freaked out by all this stuff that each time I went inside, she came out from behind the entertainment center where she'd been hiding. I pushed it back up closer to the wall so she couldn't do that anymore. There's a first time for everything!

I think I'm going to board her this coming week. I'll call the lady who does her grooming and boarding and get an idea of what it will cost me. I think she will be better off not to be around to see all that I'm going to be doing in order to move. I can't let her be in a constant state of fear. Not good for either of us.

Anyway, back to the spa. Good thing I went with them because they would likely have set the tub down wrong, where they couldn't have easy access to the areas under the tub where the pumps are located. And there really is one side that should be used for climbing in and out of it, so all is as it should be. I brought over the two boxes of chemicals, extra filters, etc. Installed the filters and so it's ready to be filled. Then I sent him a text telling him that it would be wise to use the Acrylic Brightener and rub the whole inside of the spa down before filling it up. It will shine like new.

Last edited by CherylB; 04-22-2012 at 10:32 AM..
Old 04-22-2012, 11:10 AM   #551
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Gremom
Hey Cheryl!!!

Glad to be back here with you! Sorry to read that you weren't feeling well, but happy to see that you are feeling better and things are moving forward for your move.

GOD IS SO GOOD!

The wedding was great! We are so worn out, but the kids did wonderfully and I am so proud of them. My brother and new wife are so happy and that is great to see. I indulged in great food and am now paying for it. My stomach hated me, but I am feeling much better. I think it was the drinks on Friday night that did it.

I have good news! We have been approved by USCIS and we will beo n the waitlist for the adoption very soon!! So in roughly 6-9 months, we should get matched and travel to get our son!!!! I am so overwhelmed, but know that God is in control.

I will keep praying for you and your move. How exciting!
Old 04-22-2012, 11:41 AM   #552
Big Yapper!

That's so wonderful, Stacey! You both look lovely in your new Avi! I'm so glad the wedding went off so well and that they are happy together. May they always be!

We missed you while you were gone. Everyone (except for Marie) was gone at the same time. I'm sorry you had tummy trouble too but glad you are back to your old self again. Mine lasted one day and then the next day it was just tenderness and slight discomfort on the right side of my belly. By the third day I felt normal again! Good thing cause the hot tub was something that couldn't wait. Woohoooo! GONE!

I'm going to have to train myself to fall asleep and wake up earlier. This sleeping all morning long interferes with my dealings with other folks. If I hadn't slept until 11:30 today, I'd already have my apartment keys! But now I have to wait a while longer until after they go eat lunch and "settle some other things."

It's raining but not nearly what they had forecast. Hope they are wrong, though we need the rain.

6-9 months until you get your son???? Wahooo! Talk about exciting! I will pray that all goes smoothly, that you get the very best match for you and your family and that you have peace during this time of waiting for it all to happen.

I have discovered that super glue lives up to its name! I've used it on several things over this past few weeks and it's amazing! I just fixed an umbrella that had a broken tie on one of the spokes. I opened the umbrella, stretched the material to where it should be, applied the glue and wahla! I'm going to keep that stuff on hand, always.

Thank you for your continued prayers for the move! I plan to rent a Uhaul truck (6-hour day; I guess that's all they give you) and utilize family and friends as much as possible. I've had a few offers to help with the move so I'm going to take them up on it. Now to just figure out the right day to rent the truck and work it out with the people! That's the hardest part of all. Getting everyone at the same place and at the same time.

Last edited by CherylB; 04-22-2012 at 11:45 AM..
Old 04-22-2012, 08:38 PM   #553
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi cheryl! Whew! What a trip!!! I would never do it again! The YJ hrs down was just horrible for Chloe. Even though she did very well considering, it was just too long. We split the trip home in half which was much better. Shawn is home til May 1st! We're enjoying him very much. But theres something I've noticed. He's not very nice to me. ME! The one person in this house who wrote him every other day, atleast and sent him packages as soon as he wanted something. ME!!!! But I get smart remarks and not one thank you. and I'm still doing things for him. Like he needs to reroute his plane ticket & I'm going to drive all the way to the airport and do it for him tomorrow. Hes gonna want to see his recruiter & I'm the one taking him. I hurried & got his room ready for him and not a thanks or anything. WTH! Idk what the issue is. but best believe me I am gonna say something tomorrow.
Glad you finally got the hot tub gone and things are moving right along.
Well, still tired and soooo sore! ttys!
Old 04-23-2012, 03:21 AM   #554
Big Yapper!

Tammy, how confusing that must be to you. Maybe he is subconsciously distancing himself from you to prepare for the months of being deployed (inevitably) overseas. He's becoming a man and when he left he was still just a boy. He's trying to figure it all out. To be tough but still find out who he is and how to be. But I'm glad you will talk with him about it before he leaves. The sooner the better. I think when confronted (if you are alone together,) he might open up and reflect upon his feelings and why he's acting this way toward you.

A simpler explanation is just that Mothers usually are the ones who get crapped upon. I know I gave my Mom more than her share. "You only hurt the ones you love", so they say. God bless you and comfort you as you figure this thing out. But don't wait. Letting it fester will only spoil the precious time you have with him before he leaves again.

I woke at 4 am today so i guess I'll be getting lots done today. Just waiting for the sun to at least rise before starting my day. Have to make some calls to movers and the boarding place. I think I'm going to board Cisco and spare her the drama and anxiety of moving. She doesn't understand it and it will be best for us both to board her until I'm moved in. We'll still be in and out over here so she'll see that the place is empty, we'll say our goodbyes to the neighbors, etc.

Have a super day today, ladies! It's getting close!
Old 04-23-2012, 03:11 PM   #555
Big Yapper!

"My Day," by Cheryl B.:

I slept late (11:30 or so). Started making calls.

Called the movers my sister and her hubby used last summer and booked for this Thursday between 10:30 and 11:30 for a 2-hour minimum move.

Called insurance company and got hooked up with renters insurance.

Went to the apartment to do some serious measuring and figuring. Texted landlady so she knew I was headed over there. She was fine with that.

I know where everything is going to be placed! I know what will fit and what won't and what will just get stashed in the attic because I love or still want it in some way.

Dog peed on the carpet in the den. She got caught after the fact and got banished out to the car for the rest of my time there. Thank God the carpet cleaners are coming tomorrow. Put "Spot Bot" on my list of things that I need. Mopped up urine with paper towels and removed all evidence of the incident.

All my bedroom furniture is going to fit in my bedroom! It's been in two rooms for the past 6 years! It'll be a bit crowded but maybe it will flow. I'm putting the Armoire in a little nook that will block the north-facing window and the area where the upstairs neighbors enter and park their cars, do their BBQing, etc. So it will also act as an insulator.

I asked her to leave the bedroom TV cart but it will go up to the attic as soon as I get a replacement. All my stuff is oak and the cart is Cherry. Will do for now.

Washer and dryer will fit, with their pedestals! May have trouble opening both doors when transferring wet clothes into dryer but I'll figure it out.

Desk and paid-for-desktop-computer will go with me. My two favorite chairs will go with me. My two favorite book cases and books will go with me. It's all going to work out just fine.

I know this is no accident. I appreciate you, Lord! You saved my bacon once again. I LOVE YOU! Thank you for my family and friends who pray for me and support me in times of need and struggle.

ALSO: I booked Cisco to be boarded with the groomer/boarder, starting Wednesday morning. She's just a flipping mess with anxiety and not knowing what is going on. I took her with me to the pet store today, after the apartment incident. I took her into the store, thinking it would be fun for her. She was coming apart! Cowering, shaking, straining to get to the door. I put her back into the car and just at that time, I got a call-back from the groomer/boarder and booked her for a week.

At the same time, the check-out girl at the pet store told me about this thing called a "Thunder Shirt." I bought one. I will try it on her tomorrow when I'm sure she will be freaking out again as I'm packing and it is raining. $$$ back guarantee for 45 days.

So now I need to get seriously busy with making the move on Thursday go like clockwork. I can move things before and after they come, but I have to be sure that the stuff I need moved by the professionals goes on that morning. That will be my focus from this moment on.

Will still do my Tuesday pm barn duties. It will keep me sane. Come to find out, next Tuesday (May 1) is the first therapy sessions. I was asked to be a "sub" as a side-walker if they need someone on Tuesdays. I said I would and asked how much notice I would receive. "Well actually, we might need you that first day." I am woman. I am strong. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. And Cisco will be at the boarding house.

Bought a bottle of wine and will be ordering a pizza for delivery soon! Dieting? Not for the foreseeable future, my friends. I know I need to keep riding lessons in mind, but they seem very far away at the moment.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:14 PM   #556
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
I woke at 4 am today so i guess I'll be getting lots done today. Just waiting for the sun to at least rise before starting my day. Have to make some calls to movers and the boarding place. I think I'm going to board Cisco and spare her the drama and anxiety of moving. She doesn't understand it and it will be best for us both to board her until I'm moved in. We'll still be in and out over here so she'll see that the place is empty, we'll say our goodbyes to the neighbors, etc.

Have a super day today, ladies! It's getting close!
Just read this early-morning post. I decided to go back to sleep and took a Restoril. That's why I woke at 11:30!
Old 04-23-2012, 03:15 PM   #557
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
Cheryl,

it sounds like you are all set. It sounds great. I am so glad you were able to line up the movers. I think it is a good idea to board Cisco. Neither one of you needs the added stress of the other, lol.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:20 PM   #558
Big Yapper!

Nope. Not at all. I will have no guilt or distractions with her happily playing with the other pooches in a place that she is very familiar with.

Forgot to say that when we finally made it home, I took Sissy over to see my neighbor across the street. Ken and Lorraine have been my dearest, most helpful neighbors all these six years and I had told Lorraine I was finally leaving but didn't see Ken. Now I have told Ken, told him that Cisco would be boarded starting Wednesday morning, assured him that I wasn't moving far away and would come back often to visit and thanked him so much for being such a God-send to me.

Better neighbors you could never find. And not just them, but Ken has helped me every winter I've been here, plus has taken tree limbs and things to the dump, taken Cisco in and let her roam and play in their house, feeds her biscuits, etc. Just the salt-of-the-earth people. I will never forget them and will stay in touch.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:31 PM   #559
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

good idea for cisco! and it is def hard to find good neighbors. Our neighbors are nice ppl. both are friendly and informative! LOL
I didn't get the chance to talk with Shawn today bc his gf was here ALLL day again! But tomorrow it'll be me, him and chloe so I'll talk to him then. He's still talking to me "any kinda way". I was crying tonight bc I don't get it.
good night and ttyt!
Old 04-24-2012, 05:23 PM   #560
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tay65 View Post
good idea for cisco! and it is def hard to find good neighbors. Our neighbors are nice ppl. both are friendly and informative! LOL
I didn't get the chance to talk with Shawn today bc his gf was here ALLL day again! But tomorrow it'll be me, him and chloe so I'll talk to him then. He's still talking to me "any kinda way". I was crying tonight bc I don't get it.
good night and ttyt!

Tammy, I can almost feel your pain. There is an answer to your questions and you will have a good talk with him as soon as you are alone together. If it looks like that time isn't going to happen, then take a few moments to pull him aside and tell him how much pain you are feeling because of how he's being.

I really think it has so much to do with how much he has physically changed since he left. I mean, he doesn't look like the same person! The changes going on under the surface must be enormous, too.

God bless you as you search for the time to speak with him. And may God cause your son to become aware of what his actions are doing to you.

As for me, I packed and cleaned all day and then it hit me. I have to be ready for the movers in two days!! TWO DAYS! I suddenly could see all the work that I had in front of me and after getting the entire bedroom set empty and ready, I just panicked. So I called the movers and changed the day to next Wednesday which gives me a full week to get it all done.

I called and cancelled the boarding for the dog, move the utility cancelations to May 2nd or a few days after and told my landlady and certaine members of my family (and one neighbor) that I was going to stay here another week. Now I can truly (with my eyes wide open) continue to make strides to get out of here.

I honesty didn't think there would be that much stuff going with me! But even with all her furnishings and stuff that she left for me (at my request), there is an enormous amount of my own stuff going with me. Thank GOD I was able to change the movers without some kind of penalty!

I did the barn stuff this afternoon and it was all the same stuff except the paid girl has a shoulder injury. She started telling me that she couldn't do much. So funny because she NEVER does much! She takes full advantage of her volunteers who are eager to work. I don't know how many days she has someone like myself to come and help her but she takes advantage of me on a weekly basis. It was hard not to laugh, honestly.

I'm sorry she's hurt but if she thinks that makes any impact on what I have to do there on Tuesdays, I wasn't born yesterday. It's almost amusing to see how she tells me that she can't help much.

Another lady comes every Tuesday which is the reason I stick with Tuesdays. I like working with Donna. So between Donna and I, we did it all. The paid girl groomed the horses using one arm and walked the horses on a lead rope to and fro from grooming in the barn. I think she gave some of the horses their hay and mixed up their grain for us to give to them.

I got shocked by the electric fence today! I was opening one of the horses' gates and it was low-voltage but shot straight through my body. At first I didn't realize what had happened but then it occured to me it was a shock. The chick was walking by and I told her. She turned off the fence and out I came. Later she had to turn it back on and so I just warned Donna and stayed away from that gate. If it shocked me, it will shock others. We'll see how long it takes to get fixed. I emailed the equine care manager when I got home, just to make sure she knew about it.

I'm tired, girls! But so relieved that I don't have the count-down-clock ticking loudly in my ear! Thank you, Lord. I'll make better use of my time this week.

Last edited by CherylB; 04-24-2012 at 05:29 PM..
Old 04-24-2012, 07:57 PM   #561
Major LCF Poster!

Just wanted to give you a quick Glad you were able to rearrange things to make them work better for you. I did that this week. I cancelled my chiro and my hair appt. I just needed a break from last week.

Tammy, I am sorry that Shawn isn't being very nice to you. I hope that you can find the right words for him and that he really hears you and makes changes.

I started another round of Insanity yesterday, but my diet sucks right now. So hard to get back into the groove of things. Your pizza and wine sounds tempting.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:33 PM   #562
Big Yapper!

Oh, Stacey! Do NOT be like me! I am so far off the beaten path that I can hardly remember where it IS right now! But I'm allowing myself this "insanity" to get me through to the other side of this move. Moving is a big dang deal and moving is something that nobody should have to do more than once a decade or two or even three.

I moved in here 6 years ago in February so didn't make that decade mark, but gave it a good shot! Just trying to leave right and enter the new place "right." I know it's in control but really see how pathetically procrastinating I've been. I just kept telling myself that I wasn't taking much with me! And when I saw how many of her furnishings, lamps, etc I asked her to leave, how much would I truly be bringing rather than selling? OY! Six years of accumulation does add up.

I'm just so thankful for the extra week. When I texted a few family members and one neighbor that my movers weren't coming until May 2, my neighbor replied with just a: I told her that is exactly how I FEEL! Relief! Sweet, blessed relief.

It's 11:30pm and I have no business being on the computer this late but wanted to keep abreast of all goings on on LCF. Hope y'all are all caught up on me. Love you all so much.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:14 AM   #563
Major LCF Poster!

I am not going completely off the deep end, but I am having a hard time getting right back on track, but I will.

DH and I moved 5 times in our first 4 years of marriage! Thankfully I have brothers and a dad who don't mind helping at all. We are all really good at packing and moving.

I am sure it will all go smoothly for you. God is always here to help you out! Will keep on a prayin'.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:24 AM   #564
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Girl, you are in the eye of the storm right now! Glad you bought yourself another week to prepare. Do some every day so it doesn't rush up on you too shockingly!
Old 04-25-2012, 10:40 AM   #565
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hello! I just want to tell you both I appreciate your prayers as far as my son and I. I'll be heading to his room soon.
Went to see a neurosurgeon this morning. I have to get back surgery again. It was just March 2011 I had the last one. He wants me to get a flexion/extension xray before determining what KIND of surgery to perform. It may be a fusion of the L5/S1, L4/L5. I think thats what he said.
I have my next appt for May 2nd to find out what surgery he will do. I guess there are a few options.
Glad you got more time to pack. Make it as stress free as you can. Moving is so stressful, isn't it?
At least you sold the hot tub! Thats a big relief, right?
I was telling my hubby about you on the ride home this morning. He doesn't understand the whole "cyber friend" thing. LOL Men!
Oh! I can't believe you were shocked!!!! Be careful ! :/
Old 04-25-2012, 04:49 PM   #566
Big Yapper!

First off, I have to say, "COMPUTER ISSUES!!!" Still! Worked on it ALL.DAY.LONG. and it still is as messed up as it has been for more than two weeks. It's just old and needs to be trashed. What a joke. What a waste of time and energy! Talk about "groping around in the dark!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremom View Post

I am not going completely off the deep end, but I am having a hard time getting right back on track, but I will.

DH and I moved 5 times in our first 4 years of marriage! Thankfully I have brothers and a dad who don't mind helping at all. We are all really good at packing and moving.

I am sure it will all go smoothly for you. God is always here to help you out! Will keep on a prayin'.
That's a lot of dang moving, Stacey. I once calculated the number of moves I've made in my life; many of them out-of-state moves and it was up at 13. I think this will be #14 but I'm not counting anymore. How I hate moving.

I know He's with me, honey. But sometimes it still feels like I'm all alone in it. But He shows me time and time again that He's there. Tonight, I dropped off Cisco at the groomers/boarders. I had cancelled the boarding yesterday because I'd postponed the move and she did great yesterday as I was packing and cleaning like nobody's business. Then today she was a trembling, cowering mess.

Anyway, I took her to the boarders and as I was telling the lady (Lynne) where I was moving to; turns out she used to live in the very same house but on the second floor! That kind of stuff just blows me out of the water every time. One time I was shopping at a church "tag sale". They are open a couple hours on a couple days a week and my neighbor and I planned to go there many times. We finally went one day and I pulled a jacket off the clothing rack and said, "Oh, I like this!" She said, "I donated that! It used to be my grandmothers."

Other things even more outlandish have happened to me, but it always takes me completely by surprise. I don't know what I'm supposed to make of things like that when they happen but I know where the saying, "It's a small world" comes from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Girl, you are in the eye of the storm right now! Glad you bought yourself another week to prepare. Do some every day so it doesn't rush up on you too shockingly!
I guess that's it. I'm in the eye! I keep sliding back into the eye as the storm moves along, so I can avoid the chaos! I need to let the storm pass over me and just let it do what it will.

I loved your new pics! I couldn't open the third one, due to my computer nonsense. Funny how you always point your behind away from the camera! Very smart lady. I carry my weight all over so my only option is to head for the nearest bush!

You look so young, BTW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tay65 View Post
hello! I just want to tell you both I appreciate your prayers as far as my son and I. I'll be heading to his room soon.
Went to see a neurosurgeon this morning. I have to get back surgery again. It was just March 2011 I had the last one. He wants me to get a flexion/extension xray before determining what KIND of surgery to perform. It may be a fusion of the L5/S1, L4/L5. I think thats what he said.
I have my next appt for May 2nd to find out what surgery he will do. I guess there are a few options.
Glad you got more time to pack. Make it as stress free as you can. Moving is so stressful, isn't it?
At least you sold the hot tub! Thats a big relief, right?
I was telling my hubby about you on the ride home this morning. He doesn't understand the whole "cyber friend" thing. LOL Men!
Oh! I can't believe you were shocked!!!! Be careful ! :/
Tammy, you posted this a few hours ago. I hope you have had a good talk with him and are just catching your breath before you post again. I'm thinking of you, girlfriend.

Guys don't get a lot of things! They are so "concrete." But we have each other and that's all that matters!

Yes, I'm truly thankful that the hot tub sold. That was a huge hurdle and was the largest, most valuable item I had to sell. That alone paid for my deposit and first month's rent. With $100 left over!

I got a reply from the equine manager regarding my "shocking experience" yesterday. She said that we need to find out from staff how to turn the fence on and off, and that the fences are now on during the day because the horses are taking the fences down. Well, if they are on for a reason, how do we know when we can or should turn them off? And once off, when do we know to turn them back on? I don't like this lady much anymore. She's an EMT and she has a big heart for perhaps her "patients", the horses and maybe the therapy clients, but I don't see any empathy for people like ME. Up hers.

Dog is at the boarding place. There are three little black puppies still there after a breeding excursion of two black shepards. One pup is being picked up tonight but the other two pups will keep my Sissy company. I did the right thing in taking her there. It's like a second home to her and what she needs right now is stability. (Don't we all?)

There are a few other dogs there but she's not over-flowing like she is sometimes, so this will be good for her. She's all black and the pups are all black. Not that color matters to a dog but I think they might be a good match and they might latch onto her like she's their surrogate mom.

Trash day is tomorrow, bright and freaking early. If I want things to go out in tomorrow's pick up, I have to take them out tonight. That will be my focus this evening. Toss, toss, and toss some more!

I cancelled my sister's trip over here with the truck tomorrow. I just can't handle that step right now. I have too much to do before moving things to the new place even begins to appeal to me. Lord how I wish I just had a pick up truck to borrow! I could do a lot of damage if I had my own truck. Just me, myself and I.

Tammy, please check in soon!

Last edited by CherylB; 04-25-2012 at 04:57 PM..
Old 04-25-2012, 04:53 PM   #567
Big Yapper!

Oh, crap. I didn't even talk about the surgery, Tammy. Actually, I think it could be a good thing. Ask them if they will fuse the spine in an "open" way so that the fusion will be in a position of actually relieving the pain, not making the painful position more permanent. Not sure if that came out right, but you know what I mean. Honey, a decrease in pain is all you want. If it takes surgery to get there, then let it happen.
Old 04-26-2012, 02:15 PM   #568
Big Yapper!

Tammy, please come out and play. We care and we want to know what happened when you spoke with him.

I got a lot done today but took a break and I'm still "breaking." I have to get back up and at it again and do a few more boxes, etc. Sis is coming tomorrow in the late morning with her truck to help me move a few items. I cancelled our date for today but I feel more ready for tomorrow.

Got a text from the landlady and she said she'd be at the apartment at around 11 or 12 and asked if I could come sign the lease. I said we were planning on being there at that very time already! But something concerns me about her. She doesn't live on the property but she is going to be very "present." I prefer a landlord to be available in times of trouble but otherwise go unseen and unheard. With her doing the lawn care there, it's like she'll be patrolling the place at least twice a month. I hope she's not the type to knock on the door and expect it to come flying open and hear, "Come on in!" I'm just not like that, with anyone. I wish I was, but I'm a very private individual.

I called to see how Sissy was doing and she's buddied up with a young black lab. I guess she and the pups didn't bond quite like I thought they would but at least she found a pal. I can't wait for all this to be over and to go and get her! I miss her furry face and her wet kisses. It's not good to be the only living thing in the house.

I hope all is well with my LCFs. Hugs and love to all. Prayers, too.

Last edited by CherylB; 04-26-2012 at 02:18 PM..
Old 04-26-2012, 07:30 PM   #569
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Cheryl!

Glad to see that you got a lot done today. You are coming down the home stretch! You can do it!

Tammy, please let us know how you are.

Had a busy day today and will again tomorrow. Know that prayers and love are headed your way!
Old 04-27-2012, 11:35 AM   #570
Big Yapper!

Hello, ladies! Resting now after working hard with my sister for about 3 hours. We made 3 trips from my house to the duplex and delivered all the outdoor chairs, patio set, some plants, pantry stuff, all my mirrors and artwork for the walls, and some things for the attic. Then we brought over a truck-load of firewood and my firewood holder and all I have to do is restack it all up.

Landlady was there and we went over the lease and signed it. We clarified where to put the firewood, where the pavers will go for the firepit to set on top of, yada, yada. All is going well and I'm very pleased. It was fun showing Donna (sister) the apartment. Plus she was a very big help to me today. If I had my own truck, I could get so much done just on my own.

She offered to come help again tomorrow so if we are going to do another day like today, I need to get busy packing! I will pack lighter, bulkier boxes to take full-advantage of the truck without hurting her in the process. Then I can quickly unpack those boxes and stash the stuff into kitchen cabinets, the attic, closets, etc and take the boxes back to repack for the movers when they come.

I had more wood than I really could fit into the one "stacker" so I let them keep a bunch of wood for themselves. I'm sure their wood reserves are running low and her husband has many physical ailments now and can no longer split wood. It worked out well for us all.

I weighed myself today just to have a reality check: 185 lbs. I have to get my **** back in gear and stop all this nonsense. I have a wedding to go to on June 30 and horseback riding lessons beginning a week from today!

Tammy, freaking out over here. PLEASE TOUCH BASE!
Closed Thread