Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2012, 11:55 AM   #481
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
I didn't know you used to be in the Army yourself, Tammy! How hard it must have been to be torn from your 8 month old little girl! But wonderful that you got to fill those needs of "firsts" with your son and now Chloe! I love happy endings.

Holy #^$%!! I just showed my hot tub to the first person since posting the ad on Craigslist. I had emailed back and forth with the man late last night and it was one of my "Ambien moments." We made plans for him to drive all the way to see it at 1:30 today and I had no memory of it! Thank the Lord it worked out and I was back home by then. I have GOT to get off this stuff!

I had done the walk-through at the "home" and it is lovely. I finally sat on the love seat that I'll be keeping and they aren't all that comfortable but they will do for now. I will also be keeping the matching sofa, the coffee table and end tables, two matching lamps, the kitchen table, the baker's rack, the bench and book case in the mud room, the chair and love seat in the den, and the stereo system and cabinet in the den. Then there is the shelving unit in the bathroom and the washer/dryer in the bathroom.

There will be very little of my own furniture making the move with me! That's fine. I just hope I can get a good price for my dining room set and entertainment center. There is no room for them over there. I was hoping for the entertainment center but because of a large double-folding-door closet there, it won't work at all. I'll use my bedroom Armoire for the TV stand in the living room.

She wants to put in a new stove and maybe a built-in new hook awning with microwave. She might not do the microwave this time around but it's a possibility. I will be bringing my own washer/dryer and stashing them in the basement. When hers die, I will be responsible for fixing or replacing them so I'll want to keep mine just in case.

It's such a lovely home! And she's so open to me planting things. Basically anything I want to do is fine with her. I got the okay for the fire pit and the wood stand so much of my firewood will be going with me. I was mistaken about there being a garden already there so if I want to plant one, I need to start from scratch and fence it in. I have all the fencing materials so I'll just bring them with me. It will be wonderful and the neighbors (upstairs) can eat the veggies, too.

I met their dog today but haven't met them yet! His name is Oliver and he is the most sweet and calm dog I have ever met in my life. I think he might chill Sissy down somewhat. And the neighbors are in their 20's, not older as I'd thought.

I can use part of the barn-type shed and keep my outdoor chairs and gardening tools in there. Everything is fine with her. "Make it your home! This is your home." OMG. I love my Lord! He truly knows what is best for us and has our best interests in mind. When things don't work out as you'd hoped, it might just be because there's something much better out there waiting for you.

So I'll be taking some of my white Madonna Lily bulbs with me, my Hydrangea that I planted a couple years ago, my Dahlia bulbs, and the Canna bulb (if they lived through the winter.) I might also take my two ornamental grasses but probably will leave those where they are and start fresh with some new ones.

Ladies, I'm one happy woman.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2012, 12:07 PM   #482
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
All so wonderful, Cheryl! I'm so happy for you! Now get going on selling your stuff, and soon you'll have wads of cash!
Old 04-03-2012, 02:00 PM   #483
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Wonderful Cheryl, sounds like a good "walk through" and a great new situation. So did the guy buy the hot tub after viewing it today? Or just look? Sounds like everything is smelling like roses right now! Wonderful news!
Old 04-03-2012, 05:28 PM   #484
Big Yapper!

He didn't buy it yet. He's calling and checking if his electrical service to his house can handle the load (amps, etc.) I don't pretend to understand electrical stuff at all. Another guy is coming tomorrow after he looks at another hot tub nearer to his home. And another person is in Massachusetts and they want to know if I can drain it on the spot! They say they can come with a truck and men. I told them that unless one of them knew what they were doing with disconnecting it all from my fuse box, it won't be happening quite that fast.

My bro-in-law is an electrician and he said he'd disconnect it for me but he's a very busy guy and I can't expect him to drop everything and run to my house. So let's cool our jets, people!

I have another guy who wants to come tomorrow and take the birds! I listed all three of them and only asked for a "small rehoming fee" of $25. Gotta list things as per Craigslist rules or they flag your add. You can't sell pets there and I've listed all the same birds and cages for anywhere from $40-75 and no takers ever came. I got bites but they always evaporated into thin air.

I am so tired!! Did almost 3 full hours at the farm after all that other stuff. Just got home an hour ago and I'm just DONE. For the first two hours there, the wind was a constant 20 mph! Then all of a sudden, it got really calm. It was weird and wonderful. It crossed my mind not to even try to rake up the scattered hay cause it would just get blown all the hell anyway. But it didn't and I was still able to do a good job.

I am now eating "breakfast"!
Old 04-04-2012, 08:02 AM   #485
Major LCF Poster!

Cheryl, wow, sounds like a busy day to be sure! We have been battling snow here in Colorado.. but I think the storm has moved out, and back to at least 63 today.. It was in the 80s before the storm came in. Ready for winter to move out permanently!!

Sounds like things are moving right along on Craigslist. Thats great! hopefully all will go in a timely manner and you will get a "store" of cash for your moving! Glad to hear you are doing well Cheryl, its a nice change...

Old 04-04-2012, 10:43 AM   #486
Big Yapper!

Snow? Wow, Cathy! The middle states seem to get the craziest weather in all seasons. You get those blasts of weather out of Canada. I hope winter is over for you now!

AMEN! (In regard to "doing well.") Not at all in the dieting department but in all other aspects of my life. Praise God! The dieting will resume when I am really working all day long with packing and preparing. I'll be living off of coffee with cream and will probably be eating very seldom during that time.

I found a new home for all three parakeets today! It wasn't at all a money-making proposition but I'm so happy this young couple took them. They are the sweetest young people and they have a couple little kids. They said that the kids dyed their Easter Eggs and were hoping that they would hatch, so they are going to tell them that the eggs hatched and that's where the parakeets came from! Can we all say it together? Awwwww!

They will get to fly around in their home and their dog isn't the type to eat birds so it's all good. I will find the silence strange for a while but I know I did the right thing. I'll be glad when I don't have to clean up after them in the new place. What messy things they can be! I took two last pics of them in the sunshine as I was waiting for the people to arrive. They are so psyched about getting them and they said they were going directly to a pet store to buy another bird to make it an even 4. They felt bad that "Coconut" didn't have a mate.

The guy who looked at the hot tub yesterday doesn't have adequate amps in his home so that sale fell through. Very sad but it will sell to someone. I just renewed the ad on Craigslist to bump it back to the front of the line. Then I dropped the prices on everything except the hot tub, just to make things a little more enticing. I have to get things moved! People are such tight-wads!

If the tub hasn't sold by the end of this week, I'll drop it down under $2,000 and use some marketing strategies. "Only $1995! It works for retail folks so I'll do what I have to do to get it gone.

Wow. It is so quiet in here without the birds! I will learn to love it. I used to have to holler at them when the crescendo would get overwhelming. "Birdies! Pipe Down!!" Sometimes it worked remarkably well. Other times I'd have to cover their cage and then they would settle right down. Their happy little chirping will be missed at times. But I can pop in a video any time I want and get a "fix."

I'm so in need of packing so I really have to go force myself into it. BBL.

Last edited by CherylB; 04-04-2012 at 10:56 AM..
Old 04-04-2012, 12:48 PM   #487
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
aww you sold the birdies! Its a shock to have all the quiet now, isn't it? Put on some music so its not so deafening. Too bad your hot tub didn't sell. Hopefully it will soon.
I'm not really "dieting" either. I'm sick of it all. If I can just stay between 185-190 for now its ok. I'll be happier when I can get to 175. But right now, I'm chillin'. LOL
Notice my new avi? Shawn sent it to me yesterday. He has really put on weight! He was 140 lbs when he left, now hes 165 lbs of muscle!
I can't wait to go see him this month.

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
Old 04-04-2012, 01:12 PM   #488
Big Yapper!

Wow! Look at those guns on him! (And I don't mean the rifle.) I'll bet he's feeling mighty macho right now. (What do they say these days? I know Macho is a blast from the past.)

I hear you about staying within a weight range for now. I'm at the high end of an "acceptable range." I want to be in the low 70's and hopefully back into the 60's just naturally, as I focus on the move and not food. "Sick of it" Club!! Who else wants to join?

It's funny you mentioned turning on some music to cover the quiet cause that's exactly what I did within the first hour of their departure. I'm glad I was strong and just got all of them re-homed. It will make my new life that much easier and less expensive.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:48 PM   #489
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Gremom
Hey Cheryl!

You have been a busy little lady! Glad you found a buyer for the birdies!! I feel like it's quiet when all my kids are not around. But, I love it and enjoy it! I am sure you will get used to it. Hope you find a buyer for the hot tub soon.

Guy came and fixed the satellite this morning and then my workout and hair cuts for the girls. Hit up the new Aldi (love the prices!) and now waiting to head to church soon. It is storming now, but it is nice with the windows open.

Have a wonderful, super, fatastic evening!!
Old 04-04-2012, 04:53 PM   #490
Big Yapper!

Glad the satellite is fixed now! Sometimes I love storms. They really "create a mood." Hope you are having a good time at church.

I just got through wrestling with the hot tub cover. I had pulled out half of the core to let it try and dry out but the tub was filling up with leaves and bugs. I put the core back in and it turned out to be the wrong way. Sometimes I just feel very foolish being little 'ol independent, stubborn ME.

So now I'm tired again! I'm always tired.

I texted my landlord-to-be and asked her if it would be okay to paint the bedroom-to-be. It's a faded purple and I have faded purple in my current bedroom. It doesn't turn me on and never has. Well, she said I could! So I'll buy some paint and a brush (already have a tray, a roller and the plastic for the floor and blue painters tape for around windows and baseboards. I hope I pick a good color. I want GREEN.

I also told her that I didn't care for the wallpaper in the living room and said I could work on that after I'm in. She didn't mention that but it really needs to go. It's a pale pink floral design and it will look awful with my artwork hanging on those walls. Maybe I can just paint right over it.

I like earth tones. Nothing crazy.

So, off I go to rest again. I hope everyone is well this evening!
Old 04-05-2012, 08:17 AM   #491
Major LCF Poster!

Cheryl, glad the birdies found a good home then. I bet it is quiet, and your right, messy things! My mom used to have parakeets... never wanted one myself after seeing the messes they made!

Hopefully the hot tub will still go. Maybe the next guy...

And for the snow... 70s today! LORDY! The weather is driving me crazy. But all my tulips were about to open, and luckily the snow and cold did not kill them, so hoping that weather stays nice so I can enjoy them!!
Old 04-05-2012, 08:45 AM   #492
Big Yapper!

I love Tulips! They make such great cut flowers to bring into the house. I love that they open during the day and close at night. My Tulip leaves are up but not the flowers yet. The Crocus came and went. Daffodils are trying. I love Spring!!!! Best season of them all.

Working in the farm's office this afternoon. Not too into it and need to talk with the woman about changing things up for the rest of Spring and Summer. (See siggy.) Every day that I go to the farm is a day that my poor dog gets left all alone. It's great for me but sucky for her. I have to be more considerate to her. She actually gets depressed! And when we are in the new place and everything is strange to her, it will be even harder for her.

So, that's my day. I'll BBL.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:42 PM   #493
Big Yapper!

LCF is like a Ghost Town tonight! I have been busy but I'll post just for the sake of keeping things alive.

Did the farm office thing today and got stuff accomplished. Did my car emissions just in the nick of time (they were closing in 5 minutes but took pity on me.) Then got home and listened to my voice messages. The woman I've been looking to hear from actually called me back on the 3rd and I never got the message that I HAD a message.

So I called her a second time and she called me a second time and we finally got to talk to one another. It sounds like a heck of a lot of work but they don't do the kind of work at her farm that we do with the horses at the therapy center. This place is a "lay-up and retirement horse farm" and they have 12 horses and a "herd of mini's."

I'm going there tomorrow afternoon at 2:30 to meet her and the other girl(s), meet the horses, see the layout of the place and get a feel for the work it would entail. They need someone to work alone on Sundays from around 7 am until 4 pm. A long friggin' day but it wouldn't kill me to do it once a week. And it might help me afford my apartment.

So, wish me luck and throw another prayer up to the heavens for me tonight! I'll tell all tomorrow. I hope she is offering a decent hourly wage or it will be hard not to laugh in her face.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:15 PM   #494
Major LCF Poster!

With the kiddos being out of school, I don't have as much time to get on LCF. But we had a good day. We dyed 2 dozen eggs, went shopping and to the library and played outside. They had fun.

Glad to see that things are going well for you. I love spring too! The kids bring me in all kinds of flowers (weeds and such) that they can find. I have like 5 bowls of them on my counter right now. They are proud though.

Will keep on praying for you friend. Probably won't be on much this weekend either. Busy with the Easter production at church and some more shopping for the wedding. But, I will keep praying, like I said.

Have a great weekend!
Old 04-06-2012, 05:09 AM   #495
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
Hi Cheryl,

I hope it goes well at the farm today. It would be nice to get the extra income you need only doing one day per week, you know? It could be the income you need, but, not a huge commitment. Any word on the pt-position at the therapy farm? If I remember correctly it was an "as needed basis", is that correct? That could end up being a problem. Just some thoughts. Happy Good Friday to you!
Old 04-06-2012, 10:02 AM   #496
Big Yapper!

Happy Good Friday to you ladies, too!

Yes, the other position is a "fill-in" one but I didn't hear too much in the way of details. I have no idea if it would be something I could count on but it would be nice to be so close to home. I haven't heard a word about it or even received acknowledgement of the woman receiving my email in regard to it.

I understand why they would be hesitant in offering it to me. First of all, I know it is illegal but there is ageism involved. I get winded when I exert myself. And I've only been volunteering there for 3 months now. One woman said (when I mentioned that I was interested in the position) that she had volunteered there 2 years before she was offered a job. That would be a sticking point with the few hired folks at the farm.

I can understand that and respect that. Anyway, off I go to get ready for the Bethlehem farm. Wish me luck!

Stacey, so glad you have a house full of weeds and flowers given to you in love.
Old 04-07-2012, 01:56 AM   #497
Big Yapper!

Copy and Paste from yesterdays post on another thread: I went there and met the lady who owns the place and one of the girls who works there full time. I got there a half hour early and that didn't make her too happy. She had other appointments scheduled. I told her that it was fine if she had people before me and I apologized for being so early.

I saw the lay-out of the farm, met all the horses and mini's and two "babies", the cat and the two goats. I was asked to lead in three of the horses back to their stalls and demonstrate my skills. These horses are a bit more unpredictable than the ones at the therapy place. And it is said that if they escape, they are difficult to catch.

The two goats are mini's with horns and they like to head butt. That should be interesting. I can see me going through pants on a regular basis. I guess I won't be able to turn my back to them!

I am going for 7 am to do a half day there tomorrow, to learn the routine and for them to see what I can do. I will also do another morning and an afternoon this coming week. If we decide it is doable, I will have a job! The money is good enough for now.

It will cost me two full gallons of gas round-trip, so the fact that the gas (cheap stuff) is now $4.13, that is a consideration. But I'll only be going twice a week and working about 11-12 hours. Not bad at all.

Why is it that when you go to talk to someone about a job, the last thing that comes up is the money? I had to ask her what the job pays and if I hadn't asked, I'd be coming tomorrow and not even be sure if it was enough money. If it was less than she is offering, I would have asked for more. It's a fair starting place, so long as she pays me for the actual hours I'll be working.

So, it's going to be an early night for me. I'm going to take my meds at 2100 and use the hot tub tonight to really relax. Then off to bed I'll go. I'll set about four different alarms to make sure I don't roll over and go back to sleep.

I got a little nip on my right inner forearm from one of the babies today. I have a little bruise to remember him by.

So now to talk about these new developments with the therapy farm. I will not be able to even MOVE on Mondays once I start working this job. I'll have to change up my volunteer hours.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:02 AM   #498
Big Yapper!

Now, as for today. It's almost 5 am and I'm going to be getting ready for my first morning shift of my "internship" which will teach me the ropes and allow them and I to see if I can handle the horses and the work load. Working with that many animals alone is going to be challenging. But I don't think they are nit-picky about raking up piles of hay in the paddocks, etc.

I hope they don't expect me to come out again tomorrow. I believe it will be Monday morning and then Wednesday afternoon. By then, I need to know if I got the job and that the next time I go I will indeed be getting paid!

I hope everyone has a lovely Easter Weekend and that Paula shows her pretty face. Nobody has heard from her since the Texas tornadoes. We are all worried and praying for you and your family, sweet heart.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:30 PM   #499
Big Yapper!

I am so tired that I'm going to find it hard to explain about my day but I'll do my best and then copy/paste it everywhere I can. I am feeling like I was beat head to toe with a 2 x 4.

I set the alarm(s) (all three of them) to go off at 5:30 but I woke at 0300. That often happens when I have a morning appointment, which is why I avoid mornings at all costs. I laid around, got up at 5:30 and left the house at 6:20, allowing time for Dunkin Donuts.

Got a large coffee with cream and splenda and a bacon/egg/cheese croissant and off I drove to Bethlehem. I pulled over to the side of the road for a couple of minutes and tried to drive slowly so I wouldn't arrive too early. The other girl pulled into the driveway right behind me so our timing was perfect!

My day was so long and so tiring that when I heard her relating something that happened between us this morning to the lady who owns the place (on the phone), I thought it had happened yesterday. Ever had that happen? Well, that's how my day was. FULL!

What I've been doing at the therapy place is not even comparable to the job I now have. (Yes, I have it. It's not been announced but it is understood!) If I in fact don't get the job after a few more days of this, I'm going to be going "postal."

I don't even really know how to explain all that we did. I am now a professional at "mucking stalls." Also at adding fresh bedding, turning out 12 horses and multiple mini's, a couple of goats and a fat (fluffy) cat. It was all-encompassing. I have not come even remotely close at the therapy place.

I worked there for 6.5 hours and only sat down for less than 10 minutes. I slid into the driver's seat of my car and when I got to my home town and went to slide back out, I could barely move. As I took steps toward the drug store (to buy Motrin) I took the littlest baby-steps. I really felt like I'd been beaten by a 2 x 4. It's the only way I can describe how I felt.

I took a Vicodin on the way home but it did nothing for me. I had run out of Motrin so that's why I went to CVS. I took four of those when I got home and eventually I started to feel better. What a feeling!

I was thinking while I was there and I was suddenly fearful that I'd bitten off more than I could chew. I felt very under-qualified. I was wondering what on earth made them even consider someone with my little experience to take on this job. I will be working entirely alone when I am off "orientation."

The girl (Kristin) had told me that once we got down to the lower 6 stalls that it was "all down hill from there." I felt like I hit the wall during those last stalls and it suddenly hit me that I might be in over my head. How could I do all this stuff on my own? I voiced my concerns and my exhaustion to her and it turns out that I won't have to do as much "padding" to the stall bedding as we did today. She was just trying to make it better in the next few days and in so doing, she gave me the hardest day possible.

So, I'm spent. I can't go into more detail but it's very clear to me that my volunteer time at the therapy place is going to be "pared down" to the minimum. I can afford to take a riding lesson every week, thanks to the new job, but I will be expending all my energy (and then some) in Bethlehem. If only they had taken me seriously when I told them they should offer me the job they had open (the therapy place). Now they are going to lose out on a very hard-working, enthusiastic woman. But in the end, I am better-off. I'm going to be at an entirely new level of equine care. I will continue to volunteer so I can get the discounted riding lessons.

I am WASTED. This is all I have to share right now. I'm going to spend some quality time in the hot tub, just as soon as the sun has completely set. Then it's me, my bathrobe and my birthday suit.

PS: On the other hand, I had a wonderful time! In all the three months of working for free at the therapy place, I never even came close to having the same horse experiences that I had today with a couple of the horses. I got "hugs!" Horse hugs are the best.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:43 PM   #500
Blabbermouth!!!

Cheryl, this is GREAT! And everything unfolds as it was meant to--if you hadn't had the volunteer time in with the therapy place, you probably wouldn't have been able to land this job!
Old 04-07-2012, 06:29 PM   #501
Big Yapper!

I know it! Isn't God amazing? When you are finally on the right path, the doors start to swing open. But it's all in His time and when you are heading in the right direction. How many years I've butted my head against the wall, trying to ram myself in the direction that I wanted to go into.

I can't tell where this is all leading me, but at least I know that things are looking like He's "in it" and that gives me great comfort and peace.

Thank you so much, Jessica. You are a good friend. I hope all is going well with you! Mexico, here you come!
Old 04-08-2012, 07:42 PM   #502
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Easter! He is Risen!!

Sorry that I haven't been on. We have had a very busy weekend and I just haven't had the time.

You have been quite busy too. How amazing that you will have a job with horses! God is so good! You will do fantastically. Do not let those negative thoughts (satan) get in you head and bring you down. It will take some getting used to, but like you said, you are hard working and enthusiastic and that will pay off for you!

I will try to get on more, but with the kids out of school and the wedding in 2 weeks, I am so busy. But I am thinking (and praying) for you, sweet friend!
Old 04-09-2012, 03:43 PM   #503
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremom View Post
Happy Easter! He is Risen!!

Sorry that I haven't been on. We have had a very busy weekend and I just haven't had the time.

You have been quite busy too. How amazing that you will have a job with horses! God is so good! You will do fantastically. Do not let those negative thoughts (satan) get in you head and bring you down. It will take some getting used to, but like you said, you are hard working and enthusiastic and that will pay off for you!

I will try to get on more, but with the kids out of school and the wedding in 2 weeks, I am so busy. But I am thinking (and praying) for you, sweet friend!
Thank you, Stacey! I tried to find a favorite video of mine on Youtube about "He is risen" but I'm having major computer problems the past two days. If I can access it I will post it here. It is truly uplifting.

I'm so tired! After day two of farm orientation, I'm completely wasted. I expressed my concerns with the owner at the last stall (last of 13 stalls I mucked. I told her it was very bad timing to ask me how I was doing.) I talked to her about the pay, the pay scale (not hourly but averaged), the sheer volume of work required for all the animals with just one person, etc.

I went home and searched my soul. I didn't want to act impulsively and do something that couldn't be undone. After some thought and consideration, I texted the woman and told her that I didn't want to give up. That this Thursday I would come for a few hours in the afternoon and "watch and take notes." Then on Sunday, I would do a full day with Sarah and do "half the work" and take notes. Then the following Wednesday, I'd be working for pay.

She wrote back and said she was happy I had made that decision and would loook forward to seeing me on Thursday, but I don't know if she really read what I wrote. If she didn't, I have the texts to back me up. I am not slave labor and I now know how to "muck a stall."

I'm so tired!!!! I was doing to make one email and post it everywhere but I'm still having computer trouble. I've had to do this on an individual basis. Very few folks are going to hear this news.

It's almost 7 pm and as soon as the sun has set, I'm sliding into the hot tub. I wear my bathrobe out there and slip in "in my birhtday suit." There's no better way to use a jacuzzi. Eventually I'll know if it's going to go with me to the new apartment. Seems if I don't push, it doesn't get answered. Such is dealing with people. You have to learn how each one wants to be dealt with.

In my attempt to fix the computer problem, I turned off all "start up" programs that I could. I guess Google being turned off eliminated my spell checker. Oh freakin well~

Last edited by CherylB; 04-09-2012 at 03:54 PM..
Old 04-09-2012, 04:23 PM   #504
Blabbermouth!!!

What's that I see???? A naked Cheryl????

Hope you are enjoying your hot tub soak. Have you ever tried any gentle yoga? It might help you with your soreness...
Old 04-09-2012, 04:52 PM   #505
Big Yapper!

Hahahaha! Nope. No gentle yoga yet. But it is dark outside now and I'm going to drag my achey arse out to the tub. Will be taking my glass of Chardonnay with me. Texted my land lord to be and asked if she'd decided about the tub. Told her the job was a killer and the tub would make it much easier to bear. We shall see!

But for tonight, it is still mine.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:19 AM   #506
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB
I'm still so undecided about the farm job. It's really hard. Not the work (though it is tough) but the sheer "volume" of it. How on earth do they expect one person to do it all? The girls who work there now can do it, but they are younger and well-seasoned. I am NOT 26 (as Kristin is.)

I keep hearing horse people say that my body will be able to adjust to the demand I'd be placing on my body and that it would become much easier over time. I want to believe that! I really do. But the thought creeps across my mind: What if I get injured? There's no way I can do the job with an injury. No work, no pay. Can't be reliable and come on days scheduled? Get fired. That simple.

The horses there are completely different than at the therapy place. There's one horse named Harvey that is a lot like a dog in his loving behavior. He's so gentle and does whatever you ask him to do. And he licks my hands! It's an odd sensation and I thought he was in need of salt but he does have a huge mineral block in his stall. He just likes to act like a dog. I can't get horse hugs and licks at the other farm. They have too many people working with them, I guess. They are less affectionate. Sometimes one will use your body like a scratching post for their head, but that's about all.

I know my tendency is to tuck-tail-and-run when I get afraid. I want to get past that. Maybe if I stick it out a while and actually see what it's like to work alone, and can do things in the order that I prefer to do them, it will flow better for me. I can build in little restful activities in between the more strenuous ones.

Anyway, enough thinking out loud. I will "hold my fire" for now and not make any decisions. I've turned up the heat with the equine manager today at the therapy place, too. She said she was confused about my volunteer shifts with the horses and so I wrote her back and copy/pasted all the emails I'd sent and received from the Volunteer Coordinator, who apparently never shared the information with the equine manager.

I also told her that I was "also confused" by her lack of response to my inquiries for the job opening that they have. I told her that I need an answer, regardless of what that answer is. It's just not cool to ignore someone just to avoid telling them something they may not like. No answer= There's still hope.
Posted that on another thread today so sharing it here. My poor journal thread is last on my list of threads to post on these days. I tend to go where the action is so I can get caught up on the new posts and then respond.

The land lord said that her insurance company will cover her liability-wise with the hot tub if I take out a personal policy that has like 500,000 coverage. She didn't use a comma and there were one too many "0's". I think her's looked more like 5 million. So that means an extra insurance payment each month and it won't be cheap.

I hope it sells, personally. The tub she has in the bathroom there is very deep and she says there's plenty of hot water with natural gas. I'd settle for that but I'd miss the jets. I want to keep things simple and inexpensive.

Farm orientation today (therapy place.) No idea if it is going to be something new or the same old stuff but I was asked to attend. So, I will be there for 4pm. Then tomorrow around 2, I'll be going to the Bethlehem farm to do my very first afternoon shift. So far I've only seen how mornings go. If I go forward and take this job, it will be one afternoon shift and one full day per week.

I did some "purging" today and am just taking a bit of a break while I wait for the clothes in the dryer to "fluff." Then in goes the wet stuff and back I will go to the big purge. I think just tossing the crap that I know is garbage will help me immensely when it comes time to just pack. Plus I'm sort of sorting as I go. Trying not to get too "off-track" though. ADD much?

Hope everyone is doing well today!
Old 04-11-2012, 09:38 AM   #507
Big Yapper!

Tammy, I keep forgetting to say how amazing your son looks in that new Avi! Isn't it nuts how skinny little young men beef-up after enlisting? I had a son-in-law (step-son-in-law) that did the same thing when he went into the Navy.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:42 PM   #508
Big Yapper!

Just to keep you quiet gals in the loop, I sold the hot tub and said I didn't want the farm job. I'm not up for that kind of place. I want to work with horses and earn a little money, but that was going to be grueling and dangerous.

The hot tub isn't paid for or getting drained or anything yet but it's pretty much a solid deal. I got my asking price and it's going to a family just three houses away from me. I never got to know them but they have a 4th of July block party every year and now I'll make sure I go to them.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:51 PM   #509
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
Hi Cheryl,

that is great about the hot tub. That will give you some nice moving cash!! It's nice that it will be a close move. It sounds like you have a peace about not taking the farm job. Something else will come along.

We are leaving tomorrow for a long weekend to see our ds in SC. It will be our first visit there since he moved in August. I am very excited. Just today, he accepted a good permanent job offer. He's been doing contract work, and staying employed, but, this is great news!!! We will be doing lots of celebrating. On Saturday, I will be meeting two friends from the board that I've been talking to for almost a year. They are both traveling to come see me. I am so excited. We'll I must run. Your email came in right when I was on the computer so thought I would say a quick hello.

The BEACH is my HAPPY PLACE.

Old 04-12-2012, 04:15 PM   #510
Big Yapper!

Have a wonderful, safe trip and how fun it will be to meet some LCF's there! Happy for all of you and will pray you have a marvelous time. Everyone is going to be knocked-out when they see the new you.
Closed Thread