Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2012, 09:33 AM   #451
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Congrats, congrats, congrats! Now you don't have a giant question mark hovering out there, and you can start making plans and getting stuff done! How exciting is THAT?! I'm so happy for you!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2012, 10:18 AM   #452
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
THANKS!!! For everything!
Old 03-30-2012, 05:13 PM   #453
Big Yapper!

I GOT PICS! I took a couple shots of the outside today on my way to the farm. The pics show the house from "my side." The front and side doors are mine. The driveway is mine. The yard is on my side. And the last pic of the house is kind of taking the side door (with the lovely kitchen bay window) from the side yard, pointing sort of out toward the road.

Isn't it pretty!? That spindly looking tree in front of the old barn is a Pear or something. There are two types of fruit trees on the property but the deer get to them pretty fast.

Can't wait to take pics of the inside now!
Old 03-30-2012, 06:54 PM   #454
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
What a charming house! Classic New England colonial style--I've always loved it!
Old 03-30-2012, 07:08 PM   #455
Big Yapper!

It's going to be amazing living there. No more lawn mowing! But I still get a nice lawn to use and appreciate. I've very blessed and I'm going to do what is necessary to be able to stay there. If that means getting a little itty bitty job to supplement my income, I'll do it.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:19 AM   #456
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
What a great place! I can understand why you wanted it so badly. It seems perfect.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:26 AM   #457
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
WOO HOO Cheryl!!!! I'm happy for you! I know it's going to drive you nuts waiting to move in, but it gives you time to get everything in order. Be patient
Old 03-31-2012, 08:44 AM   #458
Big Yapper!

Marie, it seems perfect to me, too! Now if I can only get her to let me inside again on Monday, I can actually take a closer look with different eyes. When you look at something that "could" be yours, it's not the same as when you know that it is. I'm taking a notepad and a tape measure and choosing the furniture I want for her to leave and then deciding what I'll keep of mine. Now to get a fair price for all that I'll be selling in a big hurry!

Tammy, you know me too well! But honestly I couldn't move in sooner even if it was possible. Too much to do to leave this place. The "driving me nuts" part is going to be at play until I can get in there and make the final walk-through to know what I'm packing to keep in the attic, what will be unpacked and used over there and what will be sold or given away.

There are curtains and everything already on the windows. I have plenty of my own curtains and I don't know if she's going to offer to leave those up. If so, and if I like them enough, I'll just sell or pack mine. This has the potential to actually be a pretty easy move when it comes to the physical part of taking what I'm keeping. It will save $$ on movers and put more $$ in my pocket, to stash away in a little fund or "nest egg."

How are all you ladies doing today? Marie, looking lovely in that newer Avi! You must be all healed-up now and feeling fabulous! Where you been hiding lately?
Old 03-31-2012, 08:50 AM   #459
Big Yapper!

I just texted her and asked if we could go inside on Monday. She said Tuesday would work for her. Now just working out the time! = It will be noon or earlier. She will call after her hair appointment.

Last edited by CherylB; 03-31-2012 at 08:53 AM..
Old 03-31-2012, 10:32 AM   #460
Big Yapper!

I've come to a realization, ladies. I can't live on less than 1000 cals per day right now. My activity level and calorie expenditure has risen so greatly this year, with all that I'm doing at the farm. And now all the effort I'll be spending every day getting ready for this move, I have to just cut myself some slack until I'm all settled into the new place.

So I'll keep doing my Atkins-style P2 but upping the cals to 1000. I'm betting that I still lose weight because there will be a big calorie deficit still.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 03-31-2012, 02:23 PM   #461
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Gremom
Oh, I love it Cheryl! So charming and cute! YAY!!

I realized on HCG that I couldn't do less than 1000 either. Just couldn't hang. And my workouts were more important than that little extra weight loss. Glad that you figured it out! You are on your way to success!!
Old 03-31-2012, 04:17 PM   #462
Big Yapper!

I'm glad you see what I see! I think I'm going to stop calling it an "apartment" and call it "my house." Seems more fitting. And as for dieting, it's all about learning what you can live with.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:21 AM   #463
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
I'm glad you see what I see! I think I'm going to stop calling it an "apartment" and call it "my house." Seems more fitting. And as for dieting, it's all about learning what you can live with.
Thats right, its your house now! Allll yours! I'm very happy for you.
I'm not too sure about JUDDD. The 500 cal DDs are tough. I think I'm better off finding a calorie amount I can lose on and eat that every day. I think the DD's are making my hubby stressed! LOL
Old 04-01-2012, 11:40 AM   #464
Big Yapper!

Yeah, I really liked the idea of JUDDD but it's really (IMHO) just one of those dieting games we play. I'm so tired of dieting!

I know exactly the kinds of foods I like to eat and if I could just lose while eating those and while managing to get enough protein, I'd eat that way. (Can't say it on a Low Carb forum.)

In fact, I forget what my lowest hhcg weight was when I stopped following a P2 and changed over to my "summer eating plan" and continued to lose. I got to my lowest weight of 159.4 doing my summer plan! So, maybe that's what I need to do. Shift to what I know is what I like and just limit my calories and maximize protein.

I need to adopt the very cheapest eating plan, too. I am going to try and keep my food bills down to $100 per month for the first month or two that I'm in the "house", just to see if I can do it. The less I pay for food and drink, the more I can set aside for an emergency. And we all know life likes to throw those in when we least expect them.

I remember back in the days when I lived in TX, we used to be able to get things like Top Ramen on sale for like 10 packages for a $1! Somehow in my mind, I still expect to find sales like that even today. It's tough getting older! I can certainly understand how the old folks carp about prices of things. "I remember when I could buy a gallon of gas for a quarter!"

You won't believe what I just did. I was in the process of posting a very in-depth ad for my hot tub on Craigslist. I was all the way down to the bottom and about to put something into all capitals and hit the wrong button! It took be to the previous page and I lost it all. I'm going to have to accept that that was God telling me that the ad sucked and I needed to try harder on the next one. OY!

I've been eating poorly again. I'm so tired of confessing to falling off the wagon. I know y'all are tired of my imperfections. No wonder you've become lurkers, if indeed some of you are still here with me! I remember back in the round 1 days when I was rock-solid, even with my occasional refeed days. I had people telling me what an inspiration I was. I knew all the time that THIS me was still inside, waiting to come back out.

I'm back up into the mid 170's but I'm taking Milk of Mag and going to weigh tomorrow. Then I'm going to implement my "$100/month" plan and stay around 1000 calories. I need to dust off the old (and I mean OLD) jar of protein powder and start making some sort of shakes. I can't afford Ensures. $10 for 4! Nuts!!

I will look at it like a game. Save money, lose weight, eat healthy. See how long I can go without a pizza, chinese food, chocolate and wine.

I'll still take the pellets, just for the heck of it. I think they will still come in handy as far as helping speed the fat loss along.

Off to try and get that ad posted; the right way this time!

TAMMY, how are things with your new house? Is your old house up for sale yet? How is the decorating coming and stuff? How's your pain? Tell me about you!
Old 04-01-2012, 01:26 PM   #465
Major LCF Poster!

Cheryl!

My busy weekend is officially over! Whew! I am so tired! DH is home too. I didn't have to go to my meeting this afternoon, so that helped. We all got naps this afternoon. ALL OF US!!! That doesn't happen! But, Genevieve is sick again. She has a fever and a headache. Hopefully it is just a virus and it will run its course.

Don't worry about not being on plan. It is tough. That is why I have had to loosen up on my plan a bit. Being to strict and not allowing certain foods was overwhelming and would make me binge and then feel terrible. You are not alone. Changing up my diet and allowing more "off plan" foods has helped. I am just doing what works for me. I know I am eating waaay more carbs than most here on LCF, but it works for me, gosh darn it! If I want some tacos (enjoyed this weeked again) with a corn tortilla, then I will have it. I make it work in my calories and my carbs. Just do what works for you! I think fruit is healthy and I love it even though a lot of people here don't eat it.

Okay, sorry, I am done. I just want you to know that you do what works for you and don't be sorry for it. We are all humans who make mistakes and have no right to judge anyone.

I hope you have a SUPER, AWESOME day!!

Old 04-01-2012, 01:32 PM   #466
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The new place is good. Coming along! Old place is rented and thats good.
I have an appt with the neurosurgeon Apr 25th to see what he thinks. In the meantime I'm trying to keep pain in check!
Chloe is crawling now all over the place! She has her own way of crawling and its so cute. Shes even trying to stand up!
I think I'm going to do 1000 calories/day too. With an occasional "refeed" of 1800 cals. Just to make my metabolism work harder. I'll walk around the block on my "good" days too.
We have to do what we can live with!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
Old 04-01-2012, 01:42 PM   #467

I did JUDDD for awhile, but, I started getting too hungry on my DD's. At times I really felt the pressure to make my UD's count because I knew the next day was DD. Now, I am walking 4 miles a day minimum, and that would not be enough calories for me. I am in maintenance so I suppose I could go higher. I think it is a good program, but, I'm much happier not being hungry, lol. Since about mid Feb. I've just been counting straight calories,1600-1800 a day, and doing more intuitive eating. My weakness is sweets, but, I have them and count them in my calories. Cheryl, do what works best for YOU. You know yourself better than anyone.

Hi Tammy.

The BEACH is my HAPPY PLACE.

Old 04-01-2012, 02:44 PM   #468
Big Yapper!

You ladies are simply the BEST EVER!!! You truly say just the right things when I think I'm on the verge of dietary disaster. It really is all about doing what works for ourselves and I feel so much better about that after reading these three posts you wrote to me.

I used to go to the local Food Pantry a few years back. I would volunteer there and get lots of food from them but it tended toward all carby stuff. There was very little truly healthy stuff, like meat and cheese and dairy. When I stopped going there and stuck to Atkins, that's when the weight started to come off!

But if I went back there and was just more choosy about what I picked, it would help my food budget a great deal. The last couple times I went there, I was in shock at how much less food they actually had to offer, so I just decided that I was far better off than many folks and just stopped going. But maybe I should go the allowed two times a month and just see what they have that could help me out. It's just arrogance and pride not to go at all!

And I can get away with a higher carb diet so long as the calories are kept in check. I'm going to start going there again. And I'm going to reapply for other things like food stamps once I can say that I'm paying $900 a month for rent. I didn't qualify last time cause I wasn't paying ANYTHING for rent or a mortgage. (The beautiful part of being in foreclosure.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremom View Post
Cheryl!

My busy weekend is officially over! Whew! I am so tired! DH is home too. I didn't have to go to my meeting this afternoon, so that helped. We all got naps this afternoon. ALL OF US!!! That doesn't happen! But, Genevieve is sick again. She has a fever and a headache. Hopefully it is just a virus and it will run its course.

Don't worry about not being on plan. It is tough. That is why I have had to loosen up on my plan a bit. Being to strict and not allowing certain foods was overwhelming and would make me binge and then feel terrible. You are not alone. Changing up my diet and allowing more "off plan" foods has helped. I am just doing what works for me. I know I am eating waaay more carbs than most here on LCF, but it works for me, gosh darn it! If I want some tacos (enjoyed this weeked again) with a corn tortilla, then I will have it. I make it work in my calories and my carbs. Just do what works for you! I think fruit is healthy and I love it even though a lot of people here don't eat it.

Okay, sorry, I am done. I just want you to know that you do what works for you and don't be sorry for it. We are all humans who make mistakes and have no right to judge anyone.

I hope you have a SUPER, AWESOME day!!

I'm sorry about Genevieve being sick again. Darn kids pass germs around like they're candy! I'm very susceptible to kid germs. I have not built up any resistence to them, never having any kids of my own. I think there is a lot of truth to that.

That is exactly what I'm going to do, Stacey! Having a diet of "you can have this but you can't have that" has gotten me just so far. I'm way farther along than I was when I started out back in October of 2009 but it's time for a change in plan. I go off the deep end and binge. If I can eat anything but have to finally train myself to limit portions, then I will have learned how to finally keep it off, not just "take it off."

Quote:
Originally Posted by tay65 View Post
The new place is good. Coming along! Old place is rented and thats good.
I have an appt with the neurosurgeon Apr 25th to see what he thinks. In the meantime I'm trying to keep pain in check!
Chloe is crawling now all over the place! She has her own way of crawling and its so cute. Shes even trying to stand up!
I think I'm going to do 1000 calories/day too. With an occasional "refeed" of 1800 cals. Just to make my metabolism work harder. I'll walk around the block on my "good" days too.
We have to do what we can live with!
That's wonderful! I hope your tenant is a great one! And I hope the appointment with the Neurosurgeon goes well. Look at all that has been going on in your life as I was all caught up in my own! Please share stuff about yourself even if I sound preoccupied! It helps me to snap out of my little world and dramas. I hope your new plan works for you. Let's all make up our own diets! And then make a pact never to refer to them as diets again for as long as we shall live!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzcrzy View Post
I did JUDDD for awhile, but, I started getting too hungry on my DD's. At times I really felt the pressure to make my UD's count because I knew the next day was DD. Now, I am walking 4 miles a day minimum, and that would not be enough calories for me. I am in maintenance so I suppose I could go higher. I think it is a good program, but, I'm much happier not being hungry, lol. Since about mid Feb. I've just been counting straight calories,1600-1800 a day, and doing more intuitive eating. My weakness is sweets, but, I have them and count them in my calories. Cheryl, do what works best for YOU. You know yourself better than anyone.

Hi Tammy.
I kind of did the same things on UD's. DD's went smoother. UD's were PARTAY! Walking 4 miles a day sounds very doable. My sister walks nearly every day but she walks between 7 and 9! That's just drudgery to me. I am much more into the work I do at the farm and it is intense in its own way without me feeling like, "I've got to go to the gym today." I love being there and I do everything with a smile and with hope in my heart that someday I'll get to do more.

Oh, Marie. How I love Chocolate! I think I'd have to stay away from sweets even if I were allowing myself a more "normal" diet. I don't think I could just learn to eat "one square" and put the rest away for another day. Who knows, though! Maybe if I keep myself really on the run, I wouldn't have any choice. I wouldn't be home to take it back out of the freezer! Maybe after my darling Cisco has gone onto the big kennel in the sky. She is being left home enough right now as it is.

Marie, how much does your weight fluctuate now that you are in strict maintenance, post-op and eating intuitively. I want to hear how "the other half lives"! It'll give me something to fantasize about. (I mean, other than my new "home"!)
Old 04-01-2012, 03:13 PM   #469

Cheryl,

I update my stats daily. 136 is HIGH for me, and that is where I am today. I think it's been a few weeks or more since I've been this high. I've mainly been 133/134 lately. I keep hoping I can get away with stuff, and I can not, LOL. Maintenance is HARD and it is an effort EVERY.SINGLE.DAY! I can not lie, LOL. It's worth it. The time/effort/recovery/monies and of course my new figure as a result of the surgery is a huge incentive for me to keep everything in check, especially the exercise. I am 4 months post op, and I am still amazed every day. I keep saying it is the BEST MONEY WE EVERY SPENT, lol. I am so happy I had it done.
Old 04-01-2012, 03:22 PM   #470
Big Yapper!

I'm so glad you are so happy with the results. I remember the complications post-op and how you were regretting it at that time. Thank God it was all worth it!

I've heard so many people say that maintenance is really the hardest part of dieting and I just couldn't fathom that, but if you say it is, it is! And knowing how hard it is just to maintain what I've already lost (and looking at the fact that I'm still carrying regained weight on me,) I know that it's going to be the same for me too. So I need to grasp that and learn to accept that and decide that taking it off slowly and permanently is the way to do it.

My sister had a total body lift and was the tiniest thing ever after being the big one with the weight problem all her life in our family. Then she had a tough emotional crisis and put much of it back on. She has had a really hard time taking it back off and I know that a lot of it is the guilt she must feel at blowing all that money and restretching out her skin. I couldn't imagine how that must feel. I hope God will give her peace about it and let her reach her goal weight once again, but this time for forever. She and I were both in the 70's last summer and she's in the 30's or 40's now and I'm still in the 70's! And she counts calories and exercises. No fancy diets.

If you put your range in your stats (like you have them now) that will help me keep up with you. I can't recall where people started from and where they ended up, etc. I just found out today that two of my family members were just in FL and returned within the past two days. I never knew they'd left! Yet I knew one of them just lost her grandmother who lived in FL and we had talked together on the phone about it. I got so wrapped up in the apartment and my drama here that I completely forget about other people and what they are going through. Shame on me, but my brain just can't retain it all anymore.

Last edited by CherylB; 04-01-2012 at 03:25 PM..
Old 04-02-2012, 12:58 PM   #471
Big Yapper!

I have been busy today! I set up the power, trash, water and internet to be canceled on a certain day and it went much smoother than I expected! And as I was doing it, I realized that in my situation, it's not like a normal "must be out by a certain day" kind of move. I can "trickle in." I don't have to be totally moved in on the 1st of May! And I will still have access to the house that I'm currently in! How cool is that?

So I need to focus on what is going with me and concentrate on those things. My last scheduled trash pick up will be May 3rd so that will give me a few days to come back and toss what remains. This is a great comfort to me!

And in addition to all that, I got an email yesterday. It was an inquiry about a "situation wanted" ad I posted about a month ago, after that horse/one-room apartment thing fell through. I told the webpage peeps to delete the ad after I'd received one response that was not at all what I was looking for, and found out that they had posted my private phone number in the ad. They wrote back and said they'd delete the ad.

Then yesterday I got another email in response to it. Come to find out, the ad was still up and still had my phone number. This woman knows of a woman who has a facility out in Bethlehem CT and they are only looking for someone to help with the horses on Sundays! So she gave me the lady's phone number and I called her today and left a message. I told her that so-and-so referred me and left my number.

So THEN, yesterday I emailed the equine manager at the therapy place that I'm involved in. She had sent all of us the Word doc that is the volunteer schedule for April. I had looked it over a few days ago and noticed that we need people more on Saturday pm than on Friday. I know we are tripping over each other on Fridays and I don't care for that, so I emailed her the other day and asked her if switching to Saturday would be better for all concerned. I didn't hear back from her until yesterday.

She said that this Saturday they will have 2 extra people but if I want to change to Saturdays starting on the 13th, that would be fine. "But what we really need are people on Sunday pm. That's where I'm short."

Sunday. Hmmmm...

So I wrote her back and told her I couldn't commit to Sunday just yet because I heard of a position at a Hunter/Jumper facility that is Sunday's only. Perfect intro into this:

"I had heard that you are looking for a part-time, fill-in-type barn person and I'd told **** that I was interested in it." I went on and it was all so absolutely PERFECT! I told her that I was moving into the apartment, my expenses were about to go way up from what they are now and that I am in need of just a little extra money each month to improve my quality of life. I told her that there is nowhere else I'd rather be than their farm and that for the first time in my life, I love going to work. I also assured her that I would still be putting in my volunteer hours, as well. (All staff do that.)

I am waiting to hear her reply and hope that the lack of an immediate response is a good sign. But either way, I'm making it known in a very assertive and non-pushy way what my wants and hopes and needs are. And if it doesn't happen at the farm, maybe it will at the place in Bethlehem!
Old 04-02-2012, 01:05 PM   #472
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Sounds like you are getting your head wrapped around it all Cheryl, good job! As for the eating, I too got sick of failing at it. I have moved on to lifestyle changes instead. I am eating (hold your breath) 1600 ish calories a day and concentrating on keeping my ratios in line 45-35-20 and exercising to burn more calories. I am sure it will be slow, but gosh, I am not getting anywhere in the yoyo game either... so this way (burn the fat, feed the muscle) I will get somewhere hopefully. You have to chose what feels right for you... and I am sure for me, the yoyoing has to stop. HCG and such might work for some, and while I want it to work for me, I just dont think it does... boo! LOL I am still checking up on you though. Best of luck through the next month!
Old 04-02-2012, 02:21 PM   #473
Big Yapper!

Thank you, Cathy. It's great to see you! I'm glad you are finding some peace and rationality, too. You know what they always say: "Diets don't work." That's because they have a beginning and an ending. I'm with you! Yo-yo-ing is not good for us, in any way, shape or form.

You are a very physically active person and you love running and stuff. I think your body is going to thank you for the additional daily calories and balanced percentages. BALANCE! Isn't that what it's all about? I think so. Now for it to just sink-in.

I can hardly wait for tomorrow, to do a walk-thru of the "house" and to know what is staying and what I can put up for sale. I already got a bite on the hot tub! The guy wants to come out on Wednesday to look it over and I hope he doesn't disappear the way people tend to do. I just wish more people would let you know that they changed their mind or found a better deal or something, rather than simply being "gone."

I'm glad I took care of cancelling the utilities. It gives me a great idea of what I have time to do once the move is actually made. Then I can do things in "chapters."

I am thinking of keeping one of my three Parakeets. I finally got Coconut to sit on my finger! Scooter and Cosmo still flee from me, but Coconut has real potential. I haven't discussed the bird with the landlord yet but I'll ask her tomorrow. Yes, they are messy but she is such a nice little birdie. And how much could it cost to feed and care for just one bird? Can't be more than like $8/month. And I love their little chirping noises.

I used to feel bad about just having one bird, but the other two birds look at her as if she is an outsider anyway. She was the last bird I bought and she was never entirely accepted. Maybe that's why she's more receptive to me! I'll get her a few nice mirrors and bells and she'll be just happy as a lark. Hehehe. And the cheeping birdie will let Cisco not feel so entirely alone when I'm not at home.

I might change my mind in a moment of strength (or weakness) and post all three of them for sale or for give-away (since nobody wants to pay for them. Tried for months on and off to sell them. Can't even get $40! For everything!)
Old 04-02-2012, 05:03 PM   #474
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Cathy! I think that is a great plan you have. That is kinda what I am doing too. I am eating and exercising like I want to for the rest of my life, so just a "diet" like Cheryl said. And HCG didn't work for me either.

Cheryl, I am glad that you are able to go do a walk thru tomorrow. How fun those are!! I would love to move, but we can't until we are through with the adoption. We have enough room, but it is split weird and feels small for all 5 (eventually 6) of us.

I am so tired, so I should go to bed early, but I love having my quiet time. But the satellite isn't working, so no TV. UGH!!
Old 04-02-2012, 06:46 PM   #475
Big Yapper!

Stacey, sweet dreams! When the Satellite goes down, that's when you blow the dust off a good book. What did people ever do before electricity and tv? When I let my cable/satellite tv service go a couple years ago (to save $. HA!), it was very weird learning to live without it. But I learned to lean hard on the internet service I got. For a while, I didn't even have that. I was going to the library down the street and toting my laptop to use their internet service. Even with all those sacrifices, I didn't save any money. It all gets swallowed up just by living.

There will be 6 of you after the adoption? Wow. What do you love about being a Mother? Is it what you thought it would be? How has it shaped you as a person?

Any Mother out there who cares to answer that question is more than welcome to weigh-in. I'd love to hear your stories.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:55 PM   #476
Major LCF Poster!

Well, the satellite decided to start working! I love TV! I don't like to read much. I am more of a visual person and books don't do it for me. I do read devotionals and my Bible, but that is about it.

Yes, we will have 4 kids when we get #4. That is what we are calling him now since we don't have a name! Being a mom is the hardest thing I have ever done. They have taught me a lot about how much God loves us. I love my kids more than anything in this world and God loves me even more than that. They humble me everyday. They drive me super insane and they make me cry with how much they love me. I love when they bring me flowers, dead leaves, rocks and other meaningless things because they think I would love it. I love getting unsolicited "I love yous" and "you are the best mommy". I love sharing my love of cooking with them and them being proud of helping me. They have also taught me that I can be mean and expect too much of them. I apologize to them everyday and ask for forgiveness. I love teaching them how God has forgiven us and that we have to forgive each other since we are all sinners. I love when I ask them "who loves you the mostest ever", they say "God and Jesus". Overall, they have made me a better person. I have grown since becoming a mama. I am less selfish and put them first. They are beyond worth it.

Okay, that was a lot and I could keep going. They are truly the best gifts God has blessed me with and I can't wait to meet #4!
Old 04-02-2012, 07:25 PM   #477
Big Yapper!

Wow! Be careful what you ask for. I wasn't expecting an answer that would make me cry! Very beautifully put.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:30 PM   #478
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post

Wow! Be careful what you ask for. I wasn't expecting an answer that would make me cry! Very beautifully put.
Aw, thank you! And I'm sorry for making you cry!
Old 04-02-2012, 07:32 PM   #479
Big Yapper!

Those types of tears are the good variety. (((HUGS)))
Old 04-02-2012, 10:26 PM   #480
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I love being a mom! When I had my daughter she was a big surprise. I cried and didn't know how I was going to raise her alone. But, I was blessed with a great baby. She was the best ever. I was in the Army & didn't get ANY support from those people! They made it real hard. sent me "to the field" for a month when she was 8 months old. I missed her first steps and I cried. I'll never forget all the firsts I missed. So when I had my son I didnt work. I didnt want to miss one little thing he did. He's my baby and always will be. I love my kids. Now they are grown and my son is off becoming the man he wants to be & my daughter has a daughter of her own. Now being a gramma is a wonderful thing! I adore Chloe with all the love in my heart! I cry when she does things like crawl, take her first step, say "um ma", and shakes her head "no"! Now shes waving "hi" and saying "hi". When will it end? NEVER! I have learned from my kids and granddaughter that family is everything.
Sorry this was so long! I can go on and on about my kids! I just love them so much!
Closed Thread