Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2012, 06:04 PM   #421
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Today:

Didn't get the okay for the apartment today cause there is still one reference to check in with my "landlord to be." But LLTB texted me tonight and end result is she wants me to call or text her in the morning and then meet me at the apartment. It has to be a good sign. We shall see! What a relief it will be if it's really going to be a "yes."

Equine care today. Two days in a row was a bit much. I am WASTED. Groomed three horribly-shedding horses; one of which was completely caked in mud, cleaned two of the three paddocks, filled all 7 of the hanging/heated water buckets to the brim and plugged them all in, put on one of the horse's coats (winter is back) and various other stuff. I have one more space on my volunteer sign-in sheet and then I'll be working on the second page! I only started January 3rd.

Doing NOTHING tonight. Vegging and chilling. Tomorrow will HOPEFULLY be the final answer on the apartment. If it isn't, I'm going to scream.

Last edited by CherylB; 03-27-2012 at 06:07 PM..

Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2012, 06:40 PM   #422
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
Keeping my fingers crossed for you! Let us know as soon as you know something. I have a good feeling, hope I'm right!
Old 03-27-2012, 06:42 PM   #423
Big Yapper!

I hope you are, too! I will definitely let y'all know right away.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:14 PM   #424
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Gremom
Oh Cheryl! I will keep praying! I really hope that you get it!

Sorry that the farm tuckered you out today. I can only imagine all that you do there. I have been chillin' tonight too.

My head is back in the game and I am ready to get to goal! Thanks for supporting me and encouraging me on!
Old 03-28-2012, 06:23 AM   #425
Big Yapper!

Yea STACEY!!!! I knew you would rally soon.

I woke very early today and yet I'm down another lb! Can't complain about that. 171.6. Will be so happy when I'm in the 60's again. I feel so much better in that decade. Right now I have that annoying "apron" thing going on. I sure slim down when I'm in the lower 60's. My next goal is 155 and if I can just maintain that for a while, then I can get to 140 over time. I'm just going to see how I feel. But I see now that maintaining really is the hardest part of this whole process.

I texted the LLTB (see above for what that means) and waiting to hear back from her as to when we shall meet at the apartment. I am going prepared to bargain, give her a small chunk of the deposit and also to take measurements of rooms and windows, etc. I am ready for whatever happens today, God willing!

Other than that, I'm just going to pick up some second-hand stuffed animals for my poochy! Someone on Freecycle posted that they had a bunch of stuffed animals and dolls and that they were laundering them. I told her I didn't want the dolls and told her that the animals were for my dog. She was fine with that. I hope there are some good ones! Then I can "retire" some of her tattered babies.

Have a wonderful day, ladies! I will be back when I have news. Love you all.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:49 AM   #426
Major LCF Poster!

Looking forward to hear what happens!

Congrats on being down a lb!!! You are so close to the 60s! KUTGW!!! I didn't get sleep either last night. DH is sick/allergies and he was up a lot and Emmett was up all night too. This pollen we are having right now is killing his allergies too.

BUT, I was down too!! Saw a new number 134.5!! Maybe I will make the goal of 130 by the wedding, but TOM is to show up right before and will probably screw me over!

Off to the chiro! Can't wait to hear good (hopefully) news!!
Old 03-28-2012, 07:20 AM   #427
Big Yapper!

You are so totally going to make your goal! WTG on the new low!!! BBL. Good luck at the Chiro. Sorry about the bad night and pollen. It will be bad here very soon. Things are just beginning to bloom for us.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:31 AM   #428
Big Yapper!

Well, the good news is that we had a sit-down across the kitchen table and had a heart-to-heart. She brought up her concerns and heard my answers and was relieved. She really really really likes me but it is between me and another woman. That woman was supposed to come today but just had her father get admitted into the hospital. Her interview will have to wait. Linda said she would make a decision by Saturday at the latest. I am okay with it. I think it's mine but even if it isn't, I know God is in my corner.

I need to start listing things for sale, as soon as I know for sure. Cause then I'll know what furnishings and appliances of hers I'll be using and what I won't need of mine. That will mean at least selling the hot tub, the big "Ice 2-0" (french door fridge with water and ice in the door with freezer down below), probably my big corner desk that is upstairs, my outdoor patio set with umberella, lawn mower, weed wackers, BBQ grills (I have more than one) and on and on it goes. I'm going to sell my dining room set and corner oak entertainment center, too. It's so huge. I may even sell the dresser I have that matches the bedroom set. It has those tri-fold mirrors and is lovely but I don't need it and it takes up space. I'll keep the bed with it's massive headboard, book cases and the armoir.

Sorry. Thinking out loud. Didn't mean to put you all through that.

So, I will cool my jets and focus on packing and getting ready to go, regardless of where I'm going to! Before I know it the phone will be ringing and an answer will be mine.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:36 AM   #429
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Cheryl, crossing my fingers for good news from the LLTB!
Old 03-28-2012, 10:01 AM   #430
Big Yapper!

Thanks, hun. You going to take a drive down to the beach and go for a stroll? (hint hint.)
Old 03-28-2012, 12:22 PM   #431
Blabbermouth!!!

Haha, nope! Gonna study the grocery store sale flyers and then take a stroll around the grocery stores to buy meat!

I just might sit out by the pool and listen to the birds later this afternoon, though. That has to count for something!
Old 03-28-2012, 12:43 PM   #432
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I do that too! Study the flyers! LOL
The sun is finally out after we had a nasty storm this morning. Now it looks great!
Old 03-28-2012, 01:08 PM   #433
Big Yapper!

Must be a good day for the sun coming out all over! We had a storm system pass through and had heavy brief rain and a little thunder but the sun is out now and the temps are rising up into the 50's.

Jessica, that does count for something. If I had a pool, that would count for something in MY book too.

Tammy, that nasty storm apparently hit you and then me. I used to study the grocery flyer's. I guess I should put more effort into it again. I usually just shop at the convenient little grocery store in my two-horse town but I know the prices are higher in a smaller store than in the big chains. I'll try to do better.

Just got back from that particular store just a few moments ago! Don't know what there is left to eat for me today. The salad I ate earlier with a HB egg and ranch dressing nearly took me to 500 cals already (well, that plus two cups of coffee with half-n-half.)

Last edited by CherylB; 03-28-2012 at 01:10 PM..
Old 03-28-2012, 03:21 PM   #434
Blabbermouth!!!

It's kinda goofy for me to pore over the flyers and stop at several stores. I only cook for me, and the things I eat are very limited! I think I mostly just do it because it's fun for me. What can I say--I enjoy anything involving food, hahaha.

I happened to get to my local Kroger affiliate, Ralph's, just as they were marking down steaks, so I bought about half a cow's worth! I do love steak....and I am well-stocked now.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:26 PM   #435
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I love finding deals on steak! We love it in our house too!
Old 03-28-2012, 04:34 PM   #436
Big Yapper!

Oh, I love when that happens! I no longer have my stand-up freezer in the basement so I can't stock up too much anymore. It was such a great freezer. It just up and died this past winter. It was a while before I noticed. Eeeew!

A good steak really is a precious thing, isn't it? 'specially cooked on the grill! Ooooh baby!
Old 03-29-2012, 05:57 PM   #437
Big Yapper!

I didn't post here today so here's just a little blurb before the night comes to a close.

I worked a couple hours in the office today but went home early because the woman ran out of things for me to do. She said she wasn't really prepared to fill my afternoon up today, so I went back home and finished one of the docs on my computer. One more in the bag! Now I need to complete the one that I avoid at all costs because it is supposed to be a form they can chart on using the computer. I'm not a computer programmer!

I kept the calories low today after messing up last night. I acted impulsively and messed up what would have been a perfect fat fast kind of day. Don't know what came over me. Sometimes I act like a spoiled child. What can ya do?

I hope you are all doing well tonight! Hope to see you again soon.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:13 PM   #438
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Miss Thang!!

Glad you had a light day at the farm. Sometimes those are nice to have unexpectedly. I am not good with computers either, so good luck with the other document.

And also, I wanted to say in the other thread, but didn't get a chance. Please, please, please do not go off the deep end if you don't get this apartment. I know it sill totally suck if you don't, but it isn't worth losing all your hard work. God has a plan (which is perfect, I might add) for you and you just need to trust Him completely. He won't leave you high and dry. He has a perfect place picked out for you a Sissy! Just keep trusting. He is so faithful!

Okay, I am off my soap box. I hope you took that with love! I only said it because I have been there and I wished I had known to trust His faithfulness and not listen to lies.

Anyway, I had a busy day today. Thursdays are always busy. I am busy tomorrow too. Taking a meal to a friend and then doing childcare tomorrow night for the Easter production at church. And DH is headed out of town for my brother's bachelor party. I also work at church Sat night too and then church on Sunday and a VBS leadership meeting on Sun afternoon. My head hurts just thinking of it.

I hope you have wonderful night. Will check in tomorrow. Will keep praying too!
Old 03-29-2012, 07:51 PM   #439
Big Yapper!

Thanks, Stacey. I needed to hear someone say that so thanks for being that "someone." I think I am prepared for things. I try to prepare myself emotionally and I think I've done a good job of it, but then when the #hit goes down, I fall hard. Just as hard as if I hadn't tried so hard to strengthen myself for it.

I know God is faithful and He is in control, but I'm so tired of being in limbo. Just to KNOW WHERE I'M GOING AND TO KNOW THAT IT'S A GREAT PLACE will make my whole attitude about packing and moving completely change from misery to joy. I'm the kind of person who needs to see around corners. I always have been! And since that is never possible, I have much to deal with in life.

Wow!! Busy lady! I'm glad you have the energy for all that running around and church activities! I sometimes wish I was active in a local church. That's always in the back of my mind but I find it really hard to find the right church. I hate going to several different ones in the process. And I'm not an "every Sunday kind of gal" and when you take a week or two off and you go back, I hate the phony nonsense that goes on with questions about where you've been and how much they missed you, yada, yada.

Anyway, talk about a soap box! Just getting off mine now. Gotta get some sleep. Was working on the dreaded document and didn't realize how late it had gotten! I still think I should have just started over from scratch. I still might, just to see how much easier it might have been.

Night, my lovelies!!! Be good!
Old 03-30-2012, 05:43 AM   #440
Big Yapper!

IT'S MINE!!!! She could hardly contain herself. She called so early and it never even entered her mind that I might be sound asleep, or maybe she likes waking people up with good news or being the first to call on someones birthday. But I'm so happy. Coffee is brewing and as soon as I'm awake, it's going to sink it all the way.

I brought up going through the apartment and deciding what furniture I want to keep where it is, for my use. She said this week is shot (which it is) but that "sometime next week or the week after" we can do a walk-through. I hope she doesn't make me wait a week for everything throughout my relationship with her. I need to measure and plan to see what I'm keeping and what will fit where, etc.

I only have April to get this all sorted out so I have to MOVE and list things for sale.

Happy Friday!!! Thanks to all of you who have been praying and hoping that I get this place. It is so freaking perfect. The only thing it doesn't have is a garage and maybe a garbage disposal.

Time for the next chapter of my life to begin, and I know where that is going to be!!! Thank you, Lord! Thank you!
Old 03-30-2012, 06:08 AM   #441
Major LCF Poster!

PRAISE GOD!!!

I am so happy for you! And just think of all those other places that didn't work out. He has something so much better planned for you! AMEN!!

I was praying for you this morning (I woke up at 5:15 ) and I just had a really good feeling about it! Now I will pray that the things sell for you and you get everything done when needed. I am so stinkin' happy for you!!!
Old 03-30-2012, 06:36 AM   #442
Big Yapper!

I love that post so much! I love you for posting it! Thanks for your continued prayers. And you are absolutely right! When I didn't get that ONE room with the horse care and "discounted rent", I was very disappointed (kind of relieved but still disappointed). But all the while God had this apartment just waiting for me to drive by and notice it!

That's how I found out about it. I was driving home after taking Cisco to the groomers and saw the sign. It looked so cute and I loved the property it was on and how close it was to the shopping center in town, yet on a good street that isn't crazy busy.

All the times I shopped for an apartment online and "took the bait" and requested information about places that seemed too good to be true only to find out they were scammers playing their same old worn-out games. And the places I went to see and found out they were going to be major compromises. The one right before this place was going to charge me $50 just for the credit check!

And all the lovely apartments that didn't allow any dogs or any pets whatsoever. They all funnelled me toward my new home.

Thank you, Lord!!! And thank you for all my good friends and family who support me! Bless them abundantly!

Last edited by CherylB; 03-30-2012 at 06:38 AM..
Old 03-30-2012, 06:54 AM   #443
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Cruzcrzy
Stats: 183/136/129-131
Cheryl, this is one BIRTHDAY you will always remember. Oh what a gift. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to YOU. It could not happen to a nicer person. God is good! Soooooooooooooo happy for you!!
Old 03-30-2012, 07:44 AM   #444
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: catjrow3
Stats: 240/177/150
WOE: NK - LCHF
Start Date: 05/18/2013 (restart of course)
Yeah Cheryl!!! Congratulations! You totally deserve it and glad she sees what a good person you are.!! ETA on moving in yet??
Old 03-30-2012, 08:08 AM   #445
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzcrzy View Post
Cheryl, this is one BIRTHDAY you will always remember. Oh what a gift. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to YOU. It could not happen to a nicer person. God is good! Soooooooooooooo happy for you!!
It's not my birthday, silly! I was just wondering if she was that type of person that had to be the early bird when calling someone. My hubby's mother was like that. It could be counted on.

Thanks so much for the happiness on my behalf!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catjrow3 View Post
Yeah Cheryl!!! Congratulations! You totally deserve it and glad she sees what a good person you are.!! ETA on moving in yet??
Thanks, Cathy! Hugs to you both!

Here's a copy and paste from one of my other threads. Sorry if any of this is stuff I already talked about.

Apartment:

2 bedrooms, a den, EIK, two sinks, dishwasher, stove, fridge/freezer, table and chairs (I can keep whatever furniture I want so I'm keeping that,) baker's rack, microwave, lovely bay window facing south right by the table, mud room, two private entrances (each with a cat door; good if I ever get a cat), bench in mud room to sit on to remove nasty shoes, tile floors in kitchen and bath, living room with sofa and loveseat (just my style; earth tones), ceiling fan in that room.

In the den is an old fireplace that has a non-venting natural gas woodstove insert. She says it smells when it is used but she said I might be allowed to use it. Computer desk, one bathroom that is long and rectangular. Has a washer/dryer at the far end (keeping those and selling mine), she's putting in a new tub (though I thought the one she already had was fine. Nice and deep.) She says there is plenty of hot-hot water.

Wall-to-wall carpeting in all the other rooms and the carpet is nice! Not like you'd expect in a "pet friendly place." It has it's very own set of stairs that you access from the living room that lead to your own private attic! Even though it is a first floor unit! Very unique home.

Lot's of closets and storage space. Large, private yard that backs up to woods and then beyond that is a pond (the pond I currently live on the opposite side of right now!) I get my own private driveway that can fit up to four cars; she pays to have plowed. She pays for lawn care.

Property is entirely surrounded with an underground electric pet fence! All I have to do is buy her a collar and train her (Cisco) where the boundaries are. The other tenants in the upstairs are quiet and older and have one large friendly dog. They can play together!

It has Natural Gas heat, city water, city sewer, all new windows, new siding, shutters, etc. Included in the monthly rent are: Cable TV, Internet, Water and Trash pick up. I pay for power and heat.

I checked out the basement and though it is more like a glorified crawlspace, it is not in the least bit moldy. Lots of cob webs but other than that, nothing to be alarmed at.

It also has an old shed/barn that is falling down and full of stuff. She says she'll be taking that down eventually but I like it where it is. There are two picnic tables out back, near that shed and a swing hanging from one of the trees. I am going to ask her if I can bring my iron fire pit and have fires out there sometimes. The people living upstairs could use it, too.

I can feed the birds (has feeders hanging in the front), there is a local bear that comes and raids the feeders if they are in the back yard (I even dig the bear!) There is a fenced in garden area that isn't being used and she said I can rehab it if I want. She highly recommends creating raised beds because the water level in the ground there is pretty high. And she says that deer feed in the yard after the sun sets!

It's like having my own home. I don't think I'm going to be very aware of the neighbors and they won't be very aware of me either. I am bringing my bedroom furniture and choice things that I want to keep. I'll store what I don't need for right now up in the attic and find a place for things like the treadmill in the spare bedroom. I still have the den, too!

I can't wait to get in there again and take notes, measurements and pics.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:09 AM   #446
Big Yapper!

Oh yeah! Move in date is officially May 1st. Hopefully I can start moving boxes in earlier than that. But one month to do all that I need to do is going to be challenging.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:10 AM   #447

Cheryl, I got to thinking later it must not be your birthday because I remember posting Happy Birthday to you last year, and I didn't do my first round until May of last year, LOL.

The place sounds fabulous, and the backyard lovely!
Old 03-30-2012, 08:12 AM   #448
Big Yapper!

LMAO! Yep. Birthday isn't until Aug 1. I'm turning 50 this year. :/
Old 03-30-2012, 08:17 AM   #449

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
LMAO! Yep. Birthday isn't until Aug 1. I'm turning 50 this year. :/
That makes more sense . It's 50 for me too, this year, but, not until November. That makes you OLDER.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:45 AM   #450
Big Yapper!

I'm your elder?? That makes me wiser, right?

I'm charging the battery for my camera and I'm going to go take some pics from the outside today. I can't get back inside this week but I'm going to really bug her about early next week! I'm tired of waiting! Now that I know I'm going to live there, I want to do some "figuring"!

Last edited by CherylB; 03-30-2012 at 08:46 AM..
Closed Thread