Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2012, 11:29 AM   #391
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Thank you, ladies! Blessings right back at ya! Tammy, love your new Avi. Jess, I replied to you on your journal thread but since you came here too, I'll reply again! Mexico in April will be just wonderful! I'm so glad you and your family are able to do it again, like last year.

What did you weigh when you went down there the last time? You weren't at goal yet, right? l don't remember back that far. Oy!

Yes, the horse thing has really been good for me. I'm in a mood today after doing the morning chores with the equine manager. She was filling in for the regular girl who is on vacation out in AZ for two weeks. I just didn't like the routine the way I do in the afternoon. What fun is it to let the horses out and then clean up all their mess from the night before? It's much easier to clean up the paddock than it is to clean a stall full of bedding that you are trying to salvage. And all the grooming is done before their dinner. I love grooming them.

I told the woman that I would just be going back to my two afternoons and no more mornings for now. I don't feel bad about that one bit. I tried it and I didn't like it. And as badly as I wanted winter to end, I am much more miserable sweating and being beaten down by the glaring sun than I was when I was wearing a coat, hat and gloves. I never have been one who can stand being out in the sun. I'm a shade-seeker!

As much as I love being there and helping out, I think I'd reach my objectives faster and more directly if I just got a part-time job and leased a horse. Even a partial lease. This slaving is really going to take forever before they decide to let me ride or exercise them in any capacity. It makes me sad.

Had to drop off my car at the mechanic's on the way home. It's just a short walk back to the house but I was already nasty and unhappy and I just went straight into the shower after I pealed off my clothes. Yuck.

Back passenger window mechanism or motor went bad on me. There must be a short or something because in the nearly 12 years I've owned the car, that is the only window this keeps happening to. Hopefully they will notice if something is askew and fix it, once and for all.

I'm going to hopefully get the car back before they close tonight. If I do, I'm in need of some chocolate. Only chocolate can fix a mood like I'm in right now. Good thing I'm loading.

Last edited by CherylB; 03-19-2012 at 11:36 AM..

Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2012, 05:31 PM   #392
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Mexico in April will be just wonderful! I'm so glad you and your family are able to do it again, like last year.

What did you weigh when you went down there the last time? You weren't at goal yet, right? l don't remember back that far. Oy!
I started hcg the day after we got home last time--in July. So I weighed a good 30 pounds more on that trip than I do now! I remember that last time, I kept thinking about the hcg thing, wondering if it was safe, if I'd be able to do it, if I'd really lose, etc., the whole time we were on the trip! Man, if only I'd known!
Old 03-19-2012, 05:49 PM   #393
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
I started hcg the day after we got home last time--in July. So I weighed a good 30 pounds more on that trip than I do now! I remember that last time, I kept thinking about the hcg thing, wondering if it was safe, if I'd be able to do it, if I'd really lose, etc., the whole time we were on the trip! Man, if only I'd known!
Holy Toledo! That must make you feel like you've come a long way, baby! Just wait until they see you! You are going to blow them all out of the water. Woohooo! I'm proud of you.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:16 PM   #394
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Gremom
Cheryl, I hope your mood is doing better this evening. Chocolate does always fix things like that! I am all out and NEED some tonight!

DD is good to go and feeling much better! Back to school tomorrow! YAY!!
Old 03-20-2012, 09:02 AM   #395
Big Yapper!

That's wonderful!

VLCD1 here at Cheryl's house. Hey, Jessica! You'll appreciate this. I emailed Laylabean cause I don't see her around here anymore and I heard back from her yesterday. She's been doing the same with her diet as I have been and she is ALSO beginning a new round! We are all in sync.

The chocolate was good, but didn't cure me or anything. I told the woman at the farm that I'll do one more Monday morning to see if it is something that I truly don't like and she wrote back and said "thank you." So, stuck my foot in it again.

I have my regular equine care day this afternoon. It's so warm here. It's like Summer is upon us. I don't think I'll keep the doggy door sealed off much longer. I always end up regretting opening it a little too early in the season. It's such a leaky contraption.

Anyway, have a wonderful day, ladies! May we (who are starting a new round) have an amazing experience and feel wonderful all along the journey.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:31 AM   #396
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning, Cheryl! That's funny about Layla--that we are all in sync together again! I do understand, though--you simply cannot do VLC indefinitely. It's too deprivational, and I imagine you end up with some nutritional deficiencies that aren't so great for your body. I imagine that taking a break from it and doing something else now and then is necessary for good health.

I started my VLCDs yesterday and woke up feeling on top of the world today--slept like a rock and wasn't a bit hungry when I woke up. Would you believe I forgot to weigh this morning till after I'd had coffee and a grapefruit half? I guess that shows that I'm mostly doing this short round before my vacation to feel good about myself--in charge and in control, and to get that wonderful "flat-belly" sensation you get from the VLCD part of the plan.

That's not to say that I don't want to lose a few pounds--last time I weighed I had bumped up a couple of pounds over 160, which is where I'd been hovering for a while now, and I'd definitely prefer to be hovering a few pounds BELOW 160.

So here's to us, and to spring, and to the flat-belly feeling! Cheers!

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 03-20-2012, 09:53 AM   #397
Big Yapper!

AMEN, Sister!
Old 03-20-2012, 05:45 PM   #398
Big Yapper!

I am just SPENT! Today's equine care was under the blazing hot sun. Plenty of clouds in the sky but they never passed over the sun! I don't do well in direct, intense sunshine. I've always been a shade-seeker. Even when I'm at the beach, I'm in a Cabana or something.

I was dying out there today. It was only in the mid 70's but I just can't handle working out there. I almost miss the cold weather! Working so physically keeps you warm. I burn tons of calories at the farm.

I just logged my activities into ******. I never do that because I have never been an exerciser. But I was there for 3 hours and 15 minutes and I was moving the entire time. I estimated one hour of strolling-pace hiking and 2 hours of raking the lawn. I don't know how to figure grooming horses into it so I just left it at that.

The weight is going to be falling off me soon!

Anyway, other than the heat, the third girl didn't show up until 5pm. That's late, even by her standards. She pulled into the parking lot with the top rolled down on her convertible. I was close to death by that point. I tried not to take it out on her. I did a good job of letting it go.

So, something is always changing there. Tonight they decided to let the horses all back out into the paddocks after their evening grooming and grain. I guess they aren't happy in this heat, either. If they keep doing that, it will make mornings that much easier to clean the stalls. They were left clean when we set them back out for the night. Lucky am people! I hope they clean the paddocks or we'll just have more poop to scoop in the pm.

I groomed Calvin and Charmed. Charmed only snapped at me once! Success. He can be a true nightmare. He was better tonight cause he was eating his hay. Frodo is still being a total brat, not letting people get near him. He just darts away and does this whole avoidance thing. He has Lyme. Three of the six horses there have it. Now they are on meds for the Lyme and Charmed is on some kind of med for itching. They're mixing Apple Sauce into the grain of the horses that get medication.

Nothing ever stays the same there except raking and dumping of wheel barrows full of manure. I hope that as I drop this weight off again, I'll be able to better-handle the workload and heat. If not, I'm doomed.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:10 AM   #399
Big Yapper!

Down 3 lbs even after VLCD1! I called it on the scale; both my weight from yesterday and today. I guess I'm really getting to know my body, huh?

Dog is getting groomed. Can go get her and bring her home soon. She'll be all cool for the summer now and easy to dry off after she swims. I need to be a better Mom to her this year. She didn't get to go swimming much last year and that's her favorite thing to do in the world.

Nothing on my agenda after that! Woohooo! I earned a day off.

I hope everyone is doing well today! Happy on-plan day, whatever our plans may be.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:31 PM   #400
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
hey cheryl! Nice loss! I'm down 3 lbs too! I love JUDDDing! My down days are a no brainer for me. I make sure I eat enough fat on my up days so I don't even get hungry.
Enjoy your day off! I just took chloe for a stroll in her stroller in town. She loves looking at everything. She fell asleep at 5ish on the way home & she is still sleeping at 6:30! LOL Fresh air does her good! hahaha
Old 03-22-2012, 08:59 AM   #401
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cheryl, I ate too many carbs (donuts) yesterday so I'm right back to where I began! Its temporary water gain. Noone gains 3 lbs of fat over night! Right? LOL
Chloe is going to the park today. My dd is off work today so I get a break. She slept good last night. She fell asleep at 11 and stayed asleep til this morning. I watched her for my dd while she went to her future boyfriends house! LOL They are just "dating" right now. Hes a nice guy she met in college. Maybe something good came out of that year! Long story!
I hear CT is a pretty place. I wouldn't mind visiting there. I'd be another out of state license plate you'd see! LOL
Have a nice day today relaxing!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
Old 03-22-2012, 12:07 PM   #402
Big Yapper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tay65 View Post
Cheryl, I ate too many carbs (donuts) yesterday so I'm right back to where I began! Its temporary water gain. Noone gains 3 lbs of fat over night! Right? LOL
Chloe is going to the park today. My dd is off work today so I get a break. She slept good last night. She fell asleep at 11 and stayed asleep til this morning. I watched her for my dd while she went to her future boyfriends house! LOL They are just "dating" right now. Hes a nice guy she met in college. Maybe something good came out of that year! Long story!
I hear CT is a pretty place. I wouldn't mind visiting there. I'd be another out of state license plate you'd see! LOL
Have a nice day today relaxing!
I'm glad she slept through the night! I was afraid you were in for a bad one. Sorry about the donuts. I do the same sort of stuff when JUDDD'ing. I can't handle the freedom. When nothing is off-limits, I can't control the "crap" I put into my body. It's got to be water weight but try to make better choices and it will come off fast and soon new weight will depart along with it!

I used to be fine on my DD's but UD's were my problem. Maybe when I get to maintenance I can make that plan work.

I'm glad your dd is involved with a nice guy! I hope it works out for them. Life is so much easier when you aren't starting from scratch with someone new over and over.

CT is a pretty place. I just have lived her so many years of my lifetime that I don't appreciate it the way someone would if they saw it for the first time. It's very green and there are lakes and rivers and brooks all over the place. Before the settlers came it must have been wall-to-wall trees. Rolling hills and valleys. The coastline is nice but we don't get real wave-action like states that aren't protected by a barrier island (which is effectively what Long Island NY is to us.) They call our body of ocean front "Long Island Sound." To get real waves, you have to drive to RI.

I'll post a few pics that I've taken over the years of CT. I'm not nearly the photographer I am in my dreams but this is the best of the best.

PS: My day of leisure has turned into a very productive day for the farm! I was able to kick some serous butt on documents and I emailed them off to the woman. It worked out good for her that I worked from home. She said she had a project going on today and it was good that I decided not to come in.

That is the same Light House in the first two pics. Oops. I'll post a few more pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0273.jpg (19.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0274.jpg (28.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Bounder in MA; Simville dam.jpg (42.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Bounder in MA; fisherman.jpg (33.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Almost Home.jpg (81.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0179.jpg (100.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 100-0018_IMG-1.jpg (99.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 102-0298_IMG.jpg (103.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 102-0299_IMG.jpg (100.3 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by CherylB; 03-22-2012 at 12:10 PM..
Old 03-22-2012, 12:17 PM   #403
Big Yapper!

That's enough.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Curtis House in Fall, Woodbury CT.jpg (70.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg The rock that's threatening to do me in..jpg (59.1 KB, 2 views)
Old 03-22-2012, 12:34 PM   #404
Blabbermouth!!!

Gorgeous, gorgeous photos! Wow!
Old 03-22-2012, 12:38 PM   #405
Big Yapper!

Thanks, Jessica. I have many more of places like TX and FL that I find more appealing, but that's because I live here and don't appreciate what I have when I have it. If I actually took drives to see these places on day trips, I'd like being here more. But my car is on its last legs (I've owned it for almost 12 years and it's 14 years old) and it's nickle and diming me more and more frequently.

My days of care-free, living on a nurse's pay and driving all over the place on any whim are thru.

All my pics from when I lived in the desert south west and when I was in CO were pre-digital. Actually, I'm going to go scan some of my best and favorite ones later today at the pharmacy and save them onto a disk so I can share them and save them to the computer. Coincidence that I'm doing all this today, huh? I promised I'd share two old-timey pics of me in regard to horses on the horse lovers thread that I started.

Last edited by CherylB; 03-22-2012 at 12:40 PM..
Old 03-22-2012, 12:45 PM   #406
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
Thanks, Jessica. I have many more of places like TX and FL that I find more appealing, but that's because I live here and don't appreciate what I have when I have it. If I actually took drives to see these places on day trips, I'd like being here more.
I hear you. I live less than a half hour from the Pacific, and do I ever go just walk on the beach or sit and look at the ocean? Alas, never. I don't even remember it's over there.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:11 PM   #407
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Oh, beautiful pics Cheryl!

I have to say there's not much pretty where I live...but if you drive far enough there's tons of beautiful places in Texas. We're about to hit bluebonnet season...that is beautiful!

Where did you live in Texas? I've been in North Texas, San Antonio, & College Station for school. San Antonio was my favorite - not for weather, but culture.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:07 PM   #408
Big Yapper!

Jessica, lets make a pact to do something scenic in our State at least twice a month. I can hang with that.

Paula, I lived in Cibolo/Marion (half-hour north of San Antonio, out in cow country) and then I lived in San Antonio in the dorm at nursing school. That's when I sowed some serious single oats! I left that creep of a man that I was living with and I wiped the dust from my feet. He never saw it coming. Hahahaha!

All my pre-digital years in TX are the ones where I had the absolute best pics. But I went back in 2007 to visit and I took some digital ones. I'll share those, too.

I'll try to write where each place is after the pics are attached.

I'm obsessed! Somebody stop me before I take up my entire journal's capacity!

Guadalupe River (below Canyon Lake Dam, along River Rd), Same, Canyon Lake (self portrait; yet another "before" pic), same part of Guadalupe but further along, Antelope at Natural Bridge Caverns Wildlife Refuge (Hill Country), The River Walk in San Antonio, someone else's margarita sitting on the wall along the river, and the one with the red glass elevator is in the Paseo del Rio (hope I got that right.)

Believe it or not, I'm going to post more but I have an appointment and must head out the door right now. BBL!
Old 03-22-2012, 05:25 PM   #409
Big Yapper!

Okay. Just a couple more and then I'll let this computer have a cool-down phase. I'm so tired! What a day.

Last two pics are from FL. Threw them in just for kicks. All the others are above or along the way toward or along the river walk in SA.

Nite girls! Break time!
Old 03-22-2012, 07:50 PM   #410
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Those are all gorgeous pics! Wow!
Old 03-23-2012, 03:34 AM   #411
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: paulabob
Stats: 204/124.6/110 49%/27.4%/20% 5'2"
WOE: Atkins/hHcg/Optimal whatever works
Start Date: restart March '10
Awesome pictures!
Old 03-23-2012, 06:57 AM   #412
Big Yapper!

Thanks, honeys! I love taking pics of beautiful places. (Duh!)

I'm down another 1.8 today! So far, my 3 days of "VLC" haven't been anything that I'd call VLC. And still I'm losing so, I'll take it. I have to get off these sleeping pills. I made two scrambled eggs with some onion and cooked them up in a pan late last night. When I woke this morning I noticed a plate and fork by my bed and saw what looked like bits of grated parmesan cheese on it. OMG, I thought. What did I do?

Then slowly it started to come back to me, as I looked for evidence in the kitchen. I didn't leave the stove on or anything, I didn't leave food out on the counter. I'm completely aware when I'm doing it but the memory for the event the next day is almost gone. I hate that.

But still, I'm down 6 whole lbs in the 3 days of "trying" to keep it rogue VLC. How can I complain? I think I rationalized the eggs last night because I don't think I'm getting enough protein. I need to cut back on all things that are too carby and just eat more protein-rich things.

I slept with the windows open last night! First time this year. And I wasn't cold at all. What a crazy winter/spring. This time last year, I'm sure we still had several feet of snow on the ground.

Have a wonderful day, ladies! Glad you like the pics.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:20 PM   #413
Big Yapper!

Worn-out yet again after another equine care day. Maybe I really am not up for doing more than I do there. I need to start walking and jogging on my treadmill again. My stamina is just perpetually pitiful! Why am I not getting better? I want to see a Cardiologist. Something has to be wrong. That or a Pulmonologist. I love my Dr but perhaps I need a specialist.

Before anyone suggests that I have my cortisol level checked, I have. It was fine. Like all the other tests I get done. There's never ever a cause or an explanation. It's maddening.

But I'll get better as the weight comes off. I know I will! And it won't be long before I'm back in VFT again. I'm PUMPED!

Orientation tomorrow, then apartment viewing. I hope it's a good place to move to and that the basement mold isn't as bad as she makes it sound. Frankly, if it IS, then it should be against the law for the house to be inhabited. We shall see.

Goodnight my friends! Time to chill for a while.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:45 PM   #414
Blabbermouth!!!

Cheryl, I don't think you are ill. I think it's just a matter of conditioning--you are accustomed to a fairly sedentary lifestyle and you've jumped rather suddenly into a rather active one. I think starting a walking program, a very gradual one, would be a big help!
Old 03-23-2012, 07:20 PM   #415
Big Yapper!

I hope you're right about that. But I think I should really see a specialist. I thought I'd be so much improved by this time. I mean, I've been doing serious "yard work" twice a week since the first of the year. That's a lot of walking, "hiking", bending, lifting heavy objects and carrying them rather long distances (buckets of water,) etc. No one else there is even remotely out of breath doing the things we are doing.

Anyway, time to pop all my meds and hopefully get some good sleep tonight without any semi-conscious eating episodes. I only ate around 600 cals today so that's the lowest I've had in the 4 "VLCD's" I've done. Today was eggs and mozzarella cheese, coffee with half-n-half and one diet grape soda. I'm taking my vito's! And drinking plenty of water.

I hope you had an amazing time at Disney with your old friend! I'll catch up with you on your journal tomorrow. Will be a very busy day, though.

Last edited by CherylB; 03-23-2012 at 07:25 PM..
Old 03-24-2012, 04:28 PM   #416
Big Yapper!

Just wrote this in an email to my aging mother, so I just c/p it here so I don't have to explain it all again. It's about the apartment I saw today:

I love it! It is an old home but it's almost completely redone. She's a very nice woman and is even willing to include any and all furniture that I want to use at no additional rent! (That solves the problem of my couch and loveseat and coffee table and end tables being sold!) It has 2 bedrooms, an eat-in kitchen with dishwasher, lots of closet and storage space, a mud room, two cat doors (good if I ever decide to go with a cat after Sissy's gone to Heaven,) an underground dog fence (like Donna's where it goes all along the perimitters and into the wooded areas), a den, washer/dryer in the bathroom (it's a long bathroom so you don't even feel cramped), a huge, level back yard, a private driveway that will fit four cars, two private entrances into the apartment, a private indoor stairway up to your own private attic (that will be empty and "all mine") and it just goes on. The basement is more like a glorified crawl-space. It is not moldy but it is damp. The walls are stone and concrete, so no sheet rock like my basement. I saw no traces of mold. (Next paragraph, so scroll down.)

There are deer that walk through the yard, just like at Donna's. There is a bear that comes and eats the bird seed if the feeder is in the back yard but she says he doesn't bother with seeds in a front-yard feeder. So I can feed the birds! The people who live in the other half of the house are quiet and have a mutt that loves everyone, just like Sissy. So she and he can play freely in the yard together. I won't need to do any mowing of grass or plowing of driveway, just shovel the walkway between the driveway and house. (Scroll down again.)

There is a garden that is fenced in but over-grown. She said it could be rehabbed and used again. She suggested that I put in a "raised bed garden" because the land behind the property (in the woods between the Fish and Game pond and the yard) is marshy. But when we walked in the yard, there was no sponginess at all. I think it would be like having a "self-watering garden" to just rehab what's there already. There is rhubarb growing in a small area next to the house. (Scroll)

I won't have to pay for trash pick-up, water, cable or internet. All included! I already filled out the application and dropped it in her mailbox, then called to tell her it was there. She's going to pick it up tomorrow. I included a copy of my resume so she can see more about me and my history. (scroll)

Mom, this place is perfect for us!!! PRAY, PRAY, PRAY!!!
Old 03-24-2012, 04:35 PM   #417
Big Yapper!

In addition to that wonderful news, I had a wonderful orientation today! I learned so much. In the classroom part of it, I learned a few things that I hadn't known before and then they popped in a DVD about the place. It was made by their neighbor and it was all I could do to keep from crying! It was still images set to music and the music was tearing me apart. What a wonderful thing this is that I'm a part of.

Also, during the meeting, it was mentioned that they are looking for another part time barn worker! I made a point to express my interest in it with the woman before the day was through. I am so excited and have so much more I want to tell but it's 7:30 pm and I have yet to eat! I've only had two cups of coffee with h-n-h and lots of water. I've been too busy!

From orientation (and learning how to be a side-walker and even getting training to be a leader), I flew to the apartment and got to really look at it closely. I LOVE IT! Then from there I flew home and got the canoe ready for pick up. I was home about 30 minutes and they got to my house. I helped them get it loaded onto their SUV and taught them how to tie it securely and coached the whole process. They are a lovely young couple with two small kids; a boy and a girl. I'm so happy the canoe is going to have a good life with them!

So I'm now able to kick back and if we don't get rained-out tomorrow, I'll be going on my one hour trail ride in Litchfield.

I am just beside myself with anticipation in regard to ALL of these things (not the canoe, but you know what I mean.) I have to go eat something! No appetite and simply want to drink more coffee with cream, but I will eat something or drink an Ensure. Then maybe some cheese.

Ladies, I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend! I miss you and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Last edited by CherylB; 03-24-2012 at 04:49 PM..
Old 03-25-2012, 01:49 PM   #418
Big Yapper!

Horse story for today:

Waited until literally the last minute (had forgotten) to look for my camera, which is never far from my usual places of being. Couldn't find it anywhere so I grabbed my video camera which has the capacity to take still pics, though I've never used it for that. Set it to take stills and it wasn't working. I gave up and put the dang camera in the trunk and just decided I was going to enjoy the experience.

They had another ginormous horse tacked up and waiting for me. I said I needed a narrower horse than Merk (the last horse I rode there) and they said that Joey was even bigger than Merk and I should have mentioned that when I made the reservation.

Anyway, they put me on Max was still a good size but clearly not an amazon. Come to find out, all their horses are primary Draft or Draft/Morgan mixes. Big @$$ horses. But Max was a lot of fun to ride and after we got back, I found out that they give him Cinnamon Pop Tarts, which are his favorite treats. I then understood why he was the gassiest horse I'd ever encountered! (He broke wind about five times in the hour ride.)

I walked up the three-steps on the mounting block and went to mount. Once again, just like in November, I couldn't swing my right leg over the horse's body. Once again, embarrassed and feeling decrepit. Leg over, I then started feeling that deep stretch that you can only get when straddling a horse. Once again, I wished I'd done some stretching to prepare.

The girl adjusted my stirrups right where they were good for me (I think the last time they were a bit too low) and off we went; just me and the staff girl. (Again, just like November.) Both times they had cancellations that left just me and the staff girl. I don't mind that all that much, but I get a little tired of making conversation. I want to experience the ride!

So, early in the ride I made the mistake of mentioning I looked at an apartment yesterday which lead from one question to the next to the next. To keep from going too deeply into my personal housing situation, I just kept it brief. Like, "Yep" type answers. She didn't get the hint. So finally she discovered I was a homeowner moving into a rent and started talking about it being a bad time to sell but a good time to buy and then asking me about the sale.

Finally I just said that it was a very personal matter that I really didn't want to get into but that I was in foreclosure, which led to me telling her I was on disability. Then I said, "Let's talk about you!" Then the talk switched to bird-watching, which we both enjoyed.

By the back stretch, I had opened up and told her everything, like we were good friends. I couldn't help it. I had to tell her about the apartment I saw yesterday and how wonderful it was, yada, yada, yada. (See my journal; link in siggy.) I apologized for my response earlier in the ride and she was very understanding. But really, maybe people don't want to do all that chattering on their trail ride. If there were at least one other person, I was going to take up the rear just to avoid all that.

Max was a great horse! Lori (the staff person) said that normally Max is a bit of a plodder-alonger but today he was full of pep and wanted to "GO." Her horse was the one who was half asleep. I had to pull Max back a couple of times or he would have left Lori and sleeper in the dust. With just a little encouragement, I think Max would have sprinted away!

He used to be a lead horse so that was nice to experience. He didn't feel the need to always fall in behind Lori's horse. (Some shortened version of the name Saratoga or something like that.) I think it also helped that I am more aware of "the seat" now that I've been learning and growing in my equine experiences. I sat well and was conscious of my posture and how I held my feet and my line. I think that translated to Max that something more than walking was going to be happening. Too bad that they only allow walking there.

When we got back to the stable and I stood up in the stirrups, my hips were just screaming at me! I had to stand for about 10 seconds before I attempted to dismount. Getting off was easier than mounting. I need to practice with a rock or a large fallen log or something. Throw a nice pad over it and learn to live with sitting on something that wide and round.

That's when I gave Max a little loving and a hug and thanked him for a great ride. If I go back again, I'll ask for Max. And I'll bring a Cinnamon Pop Tart. They led him back into his stall (last door on the right) and you should have seen him when the pop tart caught his senses of smell. My face was about a foot away from his nares but in direct alignment down hill and I got the blast of wind as he sniffed and waited for that pop tart! The girl dropped a piece for him into a bucket but he wanted to be hand-fed. He snarfed that thing down like it was a sugar cube or a carrot. What a sweetie!

But I don't think I'm going to go there again anytime soon, since I'll be paying for lessons at the therapy place. $25 is a lot better price than $40 and I will actually be learning to ride better. Might learn English, too!
Old 03-25-2012, 06:29 PM   #419
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Gremom
Hey Cheryl!

Sorry that I have been MIA...just having a busy weekend. Ruby (DD2) had 2 birthday parties and I did childcare yesterday at church for 3.5 hours. My eating has been in the toilet too. Okay, I can't say that completely. I have eaten LC foods, but waaaaay too much of them. Anyway, enough about me!

I have been praying for you since I read your post about the apartment. I really do hope that it works out. Sounds just perfect for you! And it sounds like you are doing much better at the farm too! HOORAY!! And I so glad to hear that you enjoyed your trail ride. My mom's cousin has a farm with horses and we went trail riding over 10 years ago and it was so much fun. My hubby got a huge horse, but he is big (6'5", 240lbs) and it was quite the stinky horse. My poor brother was behind him!!

I hope that your good energy spreads onto me. I am having a hard time getting my head in the game. I am so sick of LC foods right now. UGH!! But, I don't like the way high carb foods make me feel. I am really looking into JUDDD or zig zagging my calories so that I can enjoy more foods. I have not really lost much this month and the stall is getting to me.

Sorry, that I am going on and on about me. But, I know you listen and care! I hope you have a great night. I will be around more. I promise! I need your support!
Old 03-26-2012, 10:42 AM   #420
Big Yapper!

LMAO! I hadn't thought of that but now that you mention it, I'm glad I was riding the gassy horse and not behind him! Yeah, your hubby would need a big honking horse to carry him. I really don't. But looks like that's all they have are either monster horses or mini's/ponies.

You've been busy! Sorry you are a bit out of control with the quantities you are eating, but WTG on keeping in LC! That's half the battle, my friend.

Thanks so much (from the bottom of my heart) for the prayers regarding the apartment. I had barn duty this morning and didn't get home until 1 pm but I hadn't heard back from her so I called her and she said she was about to take her Mom to an eye appointment and she hadn't even looked over the application yet. I'm really "in tune" and I sensed that she was buying time so she could let me down gently. I hope to God that I am wrong. I will be crushed. She said she'd call me later this afternoon. I hope she's just tired and really was being truthful about not having looked it over yet. I just find that hard to swallow.

Yes, things are really picking up in intensity at the farm. People are coming out of the woodwork. New volunteers, people who work in the program during the year but don't stay involved over the winter, etc. Today I was there (my last Monday morning. I did last Monday to fill in and then did today also to fill in) and so was the equine manager and one of the 20-year-old staff girls. It was WINDY! Gale-force winds. There were white caps on the reservoir that I drive over going and coming to the farm. Wicked windy.

I should have dressed more warmly and worn a hat on my head. I had taken all my winter clothes out of the car cause I thought it was ridiculous to still be carrying around. Will put emergency cold gear in the trunk!

But we mucked the stalls and then worked one of the horses in the arena. She's a bit touchy with having people touching her sides so we had me and the young girl acting as side walkers while the equine manager played leader. They don't tolerate her even putting her ears back, but she does that a lot. Even when you go to walk into her stall when she's in there. She doesn't like people in her space that much. But she isn't a nipper or anything like that. Still, they want to work that out of her.

Then the equine manager worked with her fave horse alone in the arena. There wasn't anything left to do and I got tired of sitting outside the arena on an upturned bucket watching and bracing myself from the wind, so I said goodbye and signed-out. It was so warm in the car! Instant heaven.

I haven't even attempted to brush out my hair yet. I know I'm going to break a lot of it from being so wind-whipped. I had the sides clipped back but the back was loose. It's not going to be fun.

I was UP 0.6 today but I did get up way earlier than I normally do and I don't lose weight on days when I don't get the sleep my body prefers. I know it's only due to that. I'm staying on-plan 100%.

Have a great day, ladies! Hugs and love to all.
Closed Thread