Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2012, 11:47 AM   #361
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
Just got back inside from going out to the shed to see if I had any life vests. Found one vest and another floatation cushion, then one other paddle. Then I found the four, dense styrafoam blocks that are designed to make the canoe attach to any vehicle without scratching it. All they need is rope or bungies and off they will go!

Being in the shed was like stepping back in time. I was really into gardening when I first bought the house in 2006. The first Spring was amazing because I didn't know what sort of flowers and plants would poke up out of the ground in Spring and Summer. Turned out I had many lovely flowers. Currently, there are two purple Crocus in bloom and the Daffodils are almost ready!

Anyway, one thing led to another and I ended up checking out the hot tub. Gross! So I started to add water to it and hose down the gunk and then it hit me: Why not take this opportunity to really hose this thing down and then drain it with the new sump pump you bought, just for this purpose? So that's what I'm doing. I turned the power off at the circuit board and I'm draining the water. Later I'll give it a good scrub-down, fill it back up and insert the brand new filters that are still in the wrappers.

Then I will get the water perfectly balanced and take pics. I will post it for sale very soon. And it will be very, very tempting to someone. If I can get $1,200 for it, I'll be pleased.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2012, 02:18 PM   #362
Big Yapper!

Well, it's filled back up with crystal clear (cold) water and now the water is filtering through an old set of clean filters. When it's had time to really filter out any particulate matter that I couldn't get out or was in the water lines when I restarted it, I will put the new filters in and then get working on the chemical balancing. Once it is all good-to-go, I'll put it on the market! I'm so happy with myself for getting this accomplished today. It is the absolute perfect week to have done it, on every single level.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:27 PM   #363
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Gremom
Great job selling the canoe! It feels so good to get rid of things and get money to boot! And nice work on the hot tub! I can get in those moods where I just get going and can't stop and then when I do, I hurt! I hope you aren't too sore tomorrow.

Can't wait to hear how the place is tomorrow. I see pros and cons, but you really won't know until you go.

I had a pretty good weekend. Didn't really have much on the plate and that was nice. Time change isn't working for me. Have Emmett's bday tomorrow since we had to cancel the other one. He is so excited to have all his little friends over. He is such a sweet boy!

So I still have to clean the kitchen and clean the bathroom, but I will have time in the morning for that, but I know myself and I will stay up and do it tonight!
Old 03-12-2012, 07:50 PM   #364
Big Yapper!

Happy Birthday, little Emmett! You had to cancel what "other one"? I got confused there. Anyway, I hope that whatever came over me today comes over you and you get to fly through the cleaning and prepping for the party tomorrow! Don't forget to get some sleep, too.

I will post tomorrow at some point, depending on how late I sleep. I have the apartment appointment at 1 and then the barn around 3:30 so there might not be much time in between. I'll also be working on the spa chemicals throughout the day.

Good night, ladies! Sweet dreams.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:54 PM   #365
Major LCF Poster!

We had to cancel his other party that was on his actual bday (feb 27). Ruby had strep. She is my 5 year old. The kitchen is clean and the bathroom will be done in the morning. NOW, I am going to sleep!

Talk at ya tomorrow!
Old 03-14-2012, 10:40 AM   #366
Big Yapper!

I have been SO neglecting my journal lately! Here is a copied and pasted post from one of my other threads, from yesterday:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB
I'm just darting in between appointments but I wanted to tell you all how the "room for rent" thing went. I am surprised by it and I think it is a doable situation. I met one of the sisters (the one I've been dealing with via email) and she's just 23 years old and works 3 12-hour shifts as a nurse. I used to do the same. Her sister works more of a 9-5 job during the week.

The horse and pony are both "white" (they're called grey) and neither of them are like the irritable horses at the farm. Well, the pony is frisky and doesn't walk on lead well but Kristen said that they use some sort of chain (I believe Sue talked about this) and when that is used, he behaves. He (Chase) was jogging all around while I was there.

The horse (Chili) was less animated but when you go to pet his head, he starts using your hand like a back scratcher! The corral has a light covering of tiny gravel and there is absolutely NO MUD. It is all very laid back, compared to the Farm. They get fed whenever someone wakes up and goes out there to feed them, etc. The horses are not spastic as a result, the way the Farm peeps make it sound like they would be at the therapy center.

This home is on the small side but the room I'd be getting (the one I prefer over the other one) has a closet, cable hook-up, it's own radiator and has two windows that look directly out at the back yard and horses. It has hard wood floors throughout. The dog is welcome and there is even an under-ground fence. She will have it checked out to see if it is working and I told her that I would pay for the collar (she doesn't have one.)

There is a large side deck that is empty and I told her that I could bring my nice patio set with umbrella and she said that would be fine. I told her that I'd be coming from living in an entire house situation and she showed me their full sized dry basement and said I could store my stuff down there. "We don't use it, so just put whatever you want to keep down here."

There is a washer and dryer down there and a pellet stove in the living room (which she says heats the entire house very well.) There is an eat-in kitchen which is just your basic kitchen with a flat-top stove and no special counter tops or dishwasher, but there is seating for four.

It's quiet and surrounded by woods. The area they live in is rather flat so if I wanted to bike or jog, it wouldn't be a difficult area to do that. I can put my treadmill in the basement, I'm sure. Forgot to ask her about that but her answer is basically the same to any question I have, including if she would be okay with me living in a camper on the property. I asked her that just for the heck of it as I was leaving. She said she thought it would be easier for me to live in the house but if I wanted to do a camper, that was fine too.

I mean, I just can't believe this just fell into my lap. Pay $600/month with all utilities and cable/internet included, and ride/care for horses to my heart's content. Open my windows and hear birdies. (Maybe I can set up a feeder!) And keep whatever I may think I'll need for the next step a few years down the road.

How can I go wrong with this? I mean, truly! How can I go wrong? I told her about the hot tub I have and she said she didn't trust the deck to support that much weight. I looked around and there is no cement slab of any kind, but since it's so old, I'd think it would be okay to set it directly on the ground in a really level spot. If she agrees to that, I'll pay to have it transported and set up, then just give it to them when I leave. I'll go back out again if I decide I want to go for this and then I'll approach that idea again.

OMG, ladies. I think I may know where I'm moving to!
Since that post, I wrote Kristin a long email around 7 pm last night and told her I was interested, but I voiced concerns, and other details. I shipped it off and then allowed her time to read and consider. But I noticed today that beside that email in my "sent" folder, there is a curious arrow in a column that normally has nothing in it. The arrow is pointing at the email subject heading. That makes me wonder if she even received it at all. So today I resent it and explained that it was being "resent." I should hear something by the end of the day.

I have concerns because the room is so small. I have no rooms in my house that are that small, and I thought I did have small bedrooms. In comparison, these are quite comfy and roomy. I will not be able to have much of my belongings in there and will need to rely on keeping most of my things in the basement and just make frequent trips to get things I need.

I'm afraid that it will never feel like I'm "home" and that I will always feel like I'm living in someone else's house. I try to remember that even if I can do this for just one year, I can stash away quite a bit of money and gain equine experience. It will help me get a better situation down the road.

Last edited by CherylB; 03-14-2012 at 10:42 AM..
Old 03-15-2012, 06:07 PM   #367
Big Yapper!

Hello, little girls! Another busy day and I'm pooped. I'm in a strange place of total acceptance with where I'm at weight-wise and it has given me license to eat. I am staying sober and I feel that is the better of the two evils to address. But strangely I feel somewhat content to be the weight I am now.

I'm up some from where I truly was feeling comfortable, so I will try to cut back on the food/calories and see if it comes down on its own. I stopped taking the pellets a few days ago. Seems like a waste.

I think it's about 1 1/2 weeks now since I had any wine. I feel good about it and I'm not tempted to drink. I know it gets me nowhere and leads to all sorts of pitfalls. But I'm not sleeping well at all with all that is going on in my head and the wine at least helped my sleeping pills to work. Oh well! Cause I'm not going back there again anytime soon.

I did my farm office thing today and afterward I got a few minutes of horse love in before I drove away. It's still sunny but colder today. Think it's going to warm up again somewhat. Barn day tomorrow! Going in early because one of the main girls is away on vacation in AZ for two weeks and the Founder of the place told me she was going to be coming in early on Friday to fill in for that girl. So I told her I'd come early too. She said she needs to leave earlier than usual so I want to help her feel most everything got done before she had to go.

Goodnight ladies! I hope all of you are doing well. Pop in and give me a shout if you are still with me!
Old 03-15-2012, 06:38 PM   #368
Major LCF Poster!

Cheryl!!

I have been so busy this week! Left the house this morning at 8 and didn't get home until 4! The girls had dental appts and their teeth are perfect! No cavities!!

Glad to hear that you are doing better. I totally think that you need to focus on you and don't worry about losing weight. Just get your mind healthy and then you can get physically healthy. You are fabulous no matter what you weigh!! Great job on on being sober for so long! You are going wonderfully!

So how is the housing search going? It may not work at that little farm with the young girls, right? Is not, God has something better planned for you anyway. Always remember that!

I had a lady order 20 of my dishes! That money goes straight to the adoption! God is sooooo good!!

The scale was down for me today, so that made me !!

I hope you have a great day tomorrow!
Old 03-15-2012, 06:46 PM   #369
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
good evening cheryl ! I'm not on the juice either! stopped the drops yesterday & decided to do JUDDD. I know I can work that and lose.
I'm happy for you for not drinking. And have fun with the horses tomorrow! I like reading about your barn days.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:40 PM   #370
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Tashi
Stats: 224.2/196.2/125 5' 52 yrs. old and hypothyroid
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: 4/17/14
Hi I just discovered you a couple weeks ago and I see some striking similarities between us. Would love to chat. Getting late here so I wanted to drop a note to make sure I can find your journal again. Wishing all the best!

Tashi
Old 03-16-2012, 10:56 AM   #371
Big Yapper!

Tammy, I bet JUDDD will work just fine for you. I like that you are confidant that you can lose weight without the hhcg. So many people get locked-into the notion that it is some kind of miracle and I don't buy that. I find I can lose weight using any method I choose, so long as I stick to it. If I hit a snag and find something stops working, once I change it up and go to low cal vs low carb or something, the losses continue. Thanks for the kudos for staying sober.

It's the one cold, dreary, drizzly, cloudy day we've had in about two weeks, and it is my equine care day. I will be dressed appropriately. I'll go about 3pm since Janis said she was coming early. She should be there by then. Could turn into a very interesting day, being farm hands with the Founder. I hope it goes well.

Tashi, I'm glad you came out to play! Can't wait to hear about you and see what you think we share in common. It's nice when kindred souls find each other so I'm looking forward to getting to know you, too.

My sleeping just keeps going from bad to worse. It's like the sleeping pills, benadryls, melatonins, yada, yada, yada are all placebos. I take much more than I even feel comfortable admitting to y'all and still I was awake past 3 am. I ended up taking my Thyroid med at 3 and turning off the alarm so nothing would disturb me once I did get to sleep. It's all about "falling asleep", but staying asleep once I get in it. That's the one thing wine did cure was making the sleeping pills kick in and knocking me out.

I've decided to just "tone down" my eating for now. I do feel better in the 160's than the 170's so if I can slowly and naturally get back to that more slender weight, it will be conducive to better living. Then once I actually get the opportunity to ride, I'll be jazzed about going all the way to the goal I had set of 140. Til then, I'm very pleased to be so much less than I used to be. I started this journey at 234.6. I don't know how I ever lived so big for so long being so miserable.

So, need to drink a few more coffees and then I'll be right as rain. Love y'all and hope to hear from you later. I'll be back to post about my farm day when I'm back inside, getting toasty warm again.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:46 PM   #372
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

How was your farm day? Was the founder nice to you? Better have been!!!
Sounds like you got the rain we had last night. What a storm, lightening and thunder too. It was bad. Thank goodness the electric stayed on. And the satellite stayed on too! Thats a miracle! LOL
I hope JUDDD works for me. I'll be buying the book this weekend. I just have to tweek it to work for me. I'm patient. My metabolism is probably shot from hHCGing so long, so I may have to wait a few weeks to see progress.
I know all about insomnia. I went through that for a while. I would go a few days at a time without sleep. My dr was worried about me. But it eventually went away. I tried taking the sleeping pills he prescribed but I hated them.
I'll be watching for ya!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
Old 03-16-2012, 03:49 PM   #373
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tashi, thats what I call my dd sometimes! Her name is Natasha but we call her Tasha. Is that your given name?
Old 03-16-2012, 07:41 PM   #374
Big Yapper!

Wow, Tammy! It was nothing like that here. We got a little scattered showers but nothing dramatic like that. What is there to tweak about JUDDD? Isn't it just keeping calories around 500 on DD's and then eating whatever (or to you body's BMR number) on your UD's? It's pretty simple. I'd just let it stay simple if I were you. Trust the process.

I should go without the damn sleeping pills for a while, just to undo the resistance I've built up to them. It's like popping a Jelly Bean at bedtime and expecting to fall asleep faster. Ridiculous. I don't think hhcg ruins your metabolism. If it does, I'm screwed! Believe that JUDDD will do what you want it to do and it will work. You may need to keep it LC or something but it will work for you. I just found it wasn't the plan for me.

Tammy, how's your son doing? How's Chloe? How's your pain? I've been praying for you, honey. Please receive what God is sending to you. I want so much for you to be well.

Below is the post I made on the Atkins thread. Started out over there in October of 2009 and it's like "home base." So rather than type it again and again, I just copied it for here. I had a really good day, but I heard from the young girl with the room for rent and the horses. She rented out the room that I preferred and said the other room was still available. I think that opportunity came along just to wet my appetite and to get me to search for others like it, that would be better. I'm searching, and praying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB
At the farm today, I got head-butted in the @$$ by Ellen, the younger goat. I was in their stall with her + her mother, along with a wheel barrow + a rake + shovel. I was asked to try to clean up the stall the best I could. I suggested perhaps shovelling everything out + starting fresh, but the woman said she thought the bedding + straw were pretty fresh.

OMG! How do you extract goat pellets from their bedding w,out removing the bedding??? It reminded me of chocolate chip cookie dough. How do you remove each chocolate chip unless you use your fingers? I used the shovel for the couple of piles I could see, then I also shoveled a couple of areas that appeared to be wet, then I just tried to consolidate the straw and remove the moist straw, and then I laid down some fresh bedding, just to make it look like it was clean. That's all I could do!

But the one time I turned my back and bend over, Ellen butted me! I LMAO! She is so funny. I just love being there on the farm.

I'm not sure why the animals weren't turned out when I got there this afternoon but it was the first time ever that there was "nobody home" when I pulled into the driveway. I didn't even notice it but the house door wasn't even locked. It didn't occur to me that it was odd until the other woman showed up with the key, ready to open the door.

I worked with the founder of the Therapy center today, like she was another volunteer. I had no idea she was such a great, approachable, terrific woman. Now I know.

I came home, got cleaned up, kicked back and then finally used by squeaky-clean spa tonight. OMG! I had forgotten just what a blessing it was to have. Lord, forgive me for taking it for granted for so long. I hope whoever buys it appreciates it more than I do.

I'm pooped and now I'm going to copy and paste this post onto my other threads. I am NOT typing this all over again.
In addition to this, I sent an email to the equine care manager. I'm going to start doing Monday mornings, too. I'm going to make myself indispensable. Besides! With insomnia and the weather turning into summer soon, I'm better-off working there in the mornings. Smart, huh?
Old 03-16-2012, 07:52 PM   #375
Big Yapper!

PS: The horse that has been acting up so badly that only the staff can work with him and groom him has LYME! Well, thanks for telling us so that we can understand! Why on earth would they not share this with those who are working with him?
Old 03-16-2012, 09:40 PM   #376
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

cheryl, my son called tonight and he is really doing great. I'm so proud of him. He has a 36 hr pass this weekend so hes going shopping for new uniforms and new, nice NIKE boots! He has 2 more weeks of trng left and the last 2 weeks they are just doing paperwork. Hes excited to be at the end.
Chloe is such a bad butt! LOL Her personality is awesome! Shes definitely gonna be a talker too. She has alot to say. Shes eating table foods now and loves it. She likes to eat anyways. I gave her some strawberry greek yogurt when I ate some today and she couldn't get it fast enough. LOL Then we ate rotisserie chicken together. And of course she had her regular baby food & formula.
I'm surprised she isn't overweight! LOL
Glad ur day at the farm was good. Thats cute about the goat butting you. You're lucky you didn't get knocked over! LOL And that lady is lucky she was nice bc I would've looked for her if she wasn't! hahaha
well, be back tomorrow. I have a diaper to change!
Old 03-16-2012, 09:42 PM   #377
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh! I read sometimes you have to tweek your Up Day calories. Nothing major. Its in the book.
Pain.....its a pain in the butt! I try to keep it as low as I can but it can get to me at times. Sucks! I wish I had no pain in my left leg. That would be terrific.

Last edited by tay65; 03-16-2012 at 09:46 PM..
Old 03-17-2012, 10:39 AM   #378
Big Yapper!

No need to track down Janis and set her straight! She's a great person. I hope to get to know her better. I wish we could just sit down over a cup of coffee and TALK. Maybe someday.

Ellen (the goat) is a frisky little sucker. When we open their gate to their day pen and have them walk back to the barn to be put into their stall for the night, Ellen takes off on a pleasure walk. Last Tuesday there was a new guy (inexperienced young man who only comes every so often.) Well, he took the bait and was literally sprinting around trying to head her off and block her paths. Finally he got her trapped in the barn by closing both doors and then she ran into her stall. No telling what he did behind closed doors. Funniest part is that she would have come on her own terms without all that drama.

Chloe is such a little bugger! I can just picture that little baby face as she's tasting all these yummy new foods. It takes me back in time to when my nieces and nephews were all babes. I was the youngest of my sisters so I never had someone younger to help take care of. But babies can be such a joy (and such other things, at times.)

Anyway, better see if you can train her to eat stuff that isn't going to lead her down a path of weight trouble. Maybe she can develop a taste for the good stuff, like fruits and yogurts. Avoid the big-time addictive stuff that has no nutrition, if you can. Better that she never knows what a Cheeto tastes like.

That's great about your son! He must be feeling so proud and accomplished. These two weeks of paperwork and stuff will feel like drudgery to him but it's all necessary. What's the next step for him after this? Is he going to learn his trade? Where does he go for that?

I hope you get your wish of no more left leg pain. That's not a lot to ask for.

I have a lazy day at home today. I think it's nice and warm outside but I have no desire to go anywhere or do anything. Weekends now mean "down time" to me and I'm going to rest today.

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend! Be safe!
Old 03-17-2012, 04:22 PM   #379
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My son is infantry so when hes done next month he goes to his unit.
Chloe will eat lots of fruits & veggies. My dd doesn't have weight issues, but she watches her weight closely. How I USE to be! LOL
Its so hot here! I had Chloe sitting on the porch with me earlier until it was nap time. Now she's asleep holding onto my night shirt! hahaha
I'll BBL to check in. I have some calories to eat!
Old 03-17-2012, 07:07 PM   #380
Big Yapper!

Infantry. I just prayed for you and your son again. God bless and protect him always!

Chloe sounds so dang cute! I love kids when they are that age. I wish I could rent one!

You must be on an UP day if you need to go eat! What's on the menu for today? (Now I sound like my mother. She asked me what I was having for dinner tonight. I don't plan meals. I guess that comes later in years!)

Welp, I've had a relaxing day at home but my keyboard is smoking! I've done so much searching and typing and talking and omg it just never ends. And still nothing is resolved, nothing is determined, I'm still in limbo.

I guess it was pretty warm here, too. I didn't go outside at all except to let the dog in and out. I woke really early (0630) put myself back to sleep and woke again at 1pm. I needed to catch up on some zzzz's in a very big way. Did y'all know that sleep deprivation was cumulative? It's like a bank account that's gone into the red. You need to stock that account back up to be back in the black again. This weekend, that's what I'm doing.

How many days are you on JUDDD now? I forget. I know it's all new to you right now. How's the JUDDD book? Did you get it from Amazon? I've never seen one! It would be an interesting read.

I tried JUDDD only once and I guess I wasn't ready for that kind of freedom. I was still drinking so on my UP days I included wine. Wine is like a lubricant that loosens up my reasoning and I end up doing things that I wouldn't have done had I not drank. Then add the sleeping pills into that sloppy old mess and that's exactly what you get! A sloppy mess.

I don't think I wrote about this on my journal yet so I will now. I am going to pick up farm chores on Monday mornings. I want to see how the other half lives! It will give me a clearer picture of the entire operation and it will also maybe open the doors for me to transition into mornings altogether. With Summer coming fast on Spring's heels, I may want to only be out there in the mornings. Mornings are hard for me but if I can get into a morning routine at the farm, it would be wonderful for me. After all, it's the first time I've ever loved going to work! Maybe that's all I needed.

I have this book entitled, "Do what you love and the money will follow." Well, we'll see about that! I'm putting that theory to the test.

I made an appointment to go riding a week from tomorrow at that stable I rode at back in November, around Thanksgiving time. That's what kicked off this whole horse craze again in the first place! I got a taste of something I used to love and then I asked a question online and someone mentioned this therapeutic riding center and here I am! Looks like this is my only option for riding if I really need to ride now. And I really do need to ride "NOW"! There are other stables that open in Spring time, and then I'll switch over to one of those (if I'm still not riding at shepard meadows.)

I feel like I've done a 5K on the keyboard today and I probably have! It's bedtime for Bonzo.

Goodnight, all you ladies! If you are lurking, pop out and at least give me a high 5 or something, to let me know you're out there. God bless each of you tonight!
Old 03-17-2012, 07:57 PM   #381
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Chloe imitates everything! Its so funny! She says gramma, it comes out umma! And mom is mamama. Sometimes just ma! She's been doing this deep growling voice lately. LOL
I really haven't talked to shawn much today at all. Kinda disappointed, but I know hes enjoying his time off. He deserves it.
I know you signed up for the farm in hopes to ride, and all you're doing is cleaning. I'd have quit long ago!
Watching Chloe tonight while my dd is out partying in the city for st patty's day. Hubby went to a little party at a friends house, but he called 10 mins ago to say hes leaving in a half hr. Must be boring! LOL
This was day 1 of JUDDD and an UD. Ate 1800 calories. I'm waiting a week to weigh myself and after a DD.
Well, tired & going to finish watching 20/20. Be back tomorrow.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:34 PM   #382
Big Yapper!

He'll call you. He's just sowing his wild oats. He has to let down his hair; what there is left of it!

Oh, Chloe is going to be a little spit-fire, isn't she? Watch out, gramma! Lock your drawers and put locks on all the cabinets that are within her reach! Chloe's coming through!

It's so strange but the more I work at the farm, the more I just want more of it. I'm not riding but I'm interacting with them. Even when I'm in their paddock and just raking up the hay and manure, the horses are there. This last time, no one was riding them so I had both Red and Daphne in the paddock together as I cleaned. I don't know if it was the weather or what but the two of them were so FRISKY! Just running all around and rolling in the dirt and it was just like being a fly on the wall. I'd stop doing what I was doing and just watch them. It's like such an amazing gift to be allowed to be there and to be a part of it all.

Good idea to weigh after a down day! Thanks for hanging in here with me, Tammy. If not for you and Stacey, I'd be biting my toenails right about now.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:15 PM   #383
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Biting your toenails! LOL I'm just not patient like you are. But I guess interacting with them would be fun.
My son fell asleep yesterday! He said he and his friend went to sleep and slept a long time. He even slept in this morning. They were going to go see a movie yesterday, but they 're going soon. He has to be back at 9 tonight. he said it feels good to be free! LOL
I'm down .6 today! I ate so much yesterday too. I just had cabbage soup today & of course Chloe had some too.
well shes sleepy. Nap time!
Old 03-18-2012, 01:33 PM   #384
Big Yapper!

I'm not very patient at all, but I'm so determined. And now that I know what my passion in life is, I feel almost priviledged to be able to work there, even though for free. I look at it like I'm in an internship. I'm learning things that will help me in the future, whether it be there with them or at an entirely different place. I know that is what I'm going to gain as a result so that is what gives me the insight that gets me through the momentary drudgery. But honestly unless the weather is horrendous, I don't ever find it drudgery anymore. I love it all!

I think that's cool that you son is using much of his time off to sleep! I remember how sleep-deprived they make you! Every minute of the day is planned out for you. Good for him that he's just chillin'. Glad he called you, though!

Nice drop on the scale! All those 0.somethings add up over time. And that was over a 1/2 lb so very nice job!!

I've been feeling content at this weight I'm at now but I know I feel much better in the 160's so I'm going to load tonight and maybe tomorrow and then restart a rogue plan that will be higher calorie than I usually do. I don't care how fast I lose just as long as I lose consistently. I'd settle for 3-4 lbs per week, just so I can say that I'm losing and so I can see my clothes fitting better, etc.

I really don't take heat and humidity well at all and if I'm going to survive outside all those hours at the farm this summer, I need to shed more weight. I will need to be dressed in shorts and short sleeved or sleeveless tops, and that means I need to feel a lot better about my upper arms. Only way that's going to happen is by losing weight.

So, here I come again!
Old 03-18-2012, 04:11 PM   #385
Major LCF Poster!

sweet friend!

Sorry that I have been gone! My end of week/weekend were busier than I had hoped. I changed out the kids clothes from winter to summer and that is a daunting task. I hate it!! Genevieve (my oldest) is sick again. I think she may have strep, but I will take her the dr and find out tomorrow.

Glad to hear that you have found a passion that you love. I can imagine how nice it might be. I think horses are one of God's most beautiful animals. I always have to look at them when I drive by them. I point them out to the kids and they love them too.

You are sounding great! And I love that! This weekend I struggled, eating wise. I ate a lot of food. Mostly on plan, but just in excess. I know that scale is up at least 1-2lbs, but I am really okay with it. I will have to deal with this when I am maintaining, so I need to be okay with the normal fluctuations.

Hope you are having a great Sunday! God has blessed us with amazingly beautiful weather and we have been enjoying it. Hope you are too!
Old 03-18-2012, 04:32 PM   #386
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
I'm not very patient at all, but I'm so determined. And now that I know what my passion in life is, I feel almost priviledged to be able to work there, even though for free. I look at it like I'm in an internship. I'm learning things that will help me in the future, whether it be there with them or at an entirely different place. I know that is what I'm going to gain as a result so that is what gives me the insight that gets me through the momentary drudgery. But honestly unless the weather is horrendous, I don't ever find it drudgery anymore. I love it all!

I think that's cool that you son is using much of his time off to sleep! I remember how sleep-deprived they make you! Every minute of the day is planned out for you. Good for him that he's just chillin'. Glad he called you, though!

Nice drop on the scale! All those 0.somethings add up over time. And that was over a 1/2 lb so very nice job!!

I've been feeling content at this weight I'm at now but I know I feel much better in the 160's so I'm going to load tonight and maybe tomorrow and then restart a rogue plan that will be higher calorie than I usually do. I don't care how fast I lose just as long as I lose consistently. I'd settle for 3-4 lbs per week, just so I can say that I'm losing and so I can see my clothes fitting better, etc.

I really don't take heat and humidity well at all and if I'm going to survive outside all those hours at the farm this summer, I need to shed more weight. I will need to be dressed in shorts and short sleeved or sleeveless tops, and that means I need to feel a lot better about my upper arms. Only way that's going to happen is by losing weight.

So, here I come again!
Thats a nice feeling......to be doing something you really like. My "job" for now is helping to raise Chloe & that gives me such happiness.
My dd is finally going to file for support tomorrow morning, and I have to go for support (sheesh!). Chloe's dad had the nerve to blast her on fb and twitter!
Old 03-18-2012, 04:40 PM   #387
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I was so surprised to see a drop on the scale after just coming off hHCG and eating bread and everything. I ate alot! Today I ate cabbage soup and some yogurt. Can't wait to look at the scale tomorrow!
Glad you're feeling content with your weight. I'm not doing hHCG anymore for a while. A long while. And if JUDDD really works for me, I'll just do that.
Well, watching Happy Feet 2....its such a cute movie. Later its J Edgar Hoover. Have you seen it?
Old 03-18-2012, 05:23 PM   #388
Big Yapper!

No, I don't think I've seen it. Who's in it? Sorry for the whole filing for support nonsense. What a dope to post things about her on FB and twitter! I hope they can be removed if she complains. There must be something that can be done when things like that happen. I hope all goes well for you tomorrow.

Stacey, we missed you! I never knew your dd's name before. There's a Genevieve on the Atkins '72 thread right now. Very nice woman.

My mom always would point things like animals out to us when we were out driving. "Look kids! Moo cows" or "Horsies!" Hahahaha! I find myself saying stuff like that when I'm driving and my dog is with me. "Look, Sissy!"

You've been busy! I didn't leave the house for two days and that's the way I wanted to spend my weekend. It was a waste of beautiful weather but now that I'm so busy M-F, weekends actually mean something to me!

Tammy, that's cool that you were able to maintain so well even with eating some carbs. And Stacey, it's true. We have to learn to allow ourselves to indulge at times. As long as we don't lose control and start packing on the lbs, we can compensate tomorrow for what we might have done today.

I'm sorry your daughter is getting sick again! Yeesh! I hope it's not serious.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:00 AM   #389
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post

Hey, I've decided to do the same thing. We are going on vacation in April, and I want to just feel really good in shorts/swimsuits, so I decided to start a "gentle" round today. We can be buddies!

Gotta say--this horse thing is working out really well for you, and I'm SO happy you've found something meaningful to apply your time and energy to! Hope you have a blessed day.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:13 AM   #390
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Have a blessed day Cheryl! Thinking about ya!
Closed Thread