Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2012, 08:40 AM   #211
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Errands mean you are getting up and dressed and all pretty, yeah!!! Yes spend the money on some good supplements, you dont have to go crazy, a good multi covers a lot, but the L-Glutamine is good!!!!
Have fun, cant wait to hear all about it, can your daughter move around fairly well? I was thinking if you get a zumba tape maybe she could dance and you could start by doing your arms and cheering her on too!! ANd have a little thing you two do together, you will be surprised, my son is 11 and he loves when we have bootcamp and do workouts together he wants to join the gym but they don't let them until they are 14, kids are fatter than ever nowadays and won't let them join with a parent, it is mind boggling how this world works!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2012, 08:42 AM   #212
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Have a great day Jean!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:45 PM   #213

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
The sausage egg muffins are great. I love to freeze them and nuke them for a quick breakfast. Did I miss why your DD won't eat lunch at school? That is a long time without eating.

Yay on day 9!!!!
kittycitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:54 AM   #214

Good Morning Jean!! Saw on Badgers about hubby, that is super!!!! I know it is easier when you have everyone doing the same thing! Have a great day!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 03:19 AM   #215
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Hey Jean!!! Good morning!!!!

Why does she not eat at school? I hope it's not because of teasing or anything like that. I used to love cafeteria food!!!! I was such a fattie!
I'm wishing you a great lc day!
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:28 AM   #216
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: need2behealthy
Stats: 445/418.9/175
Start Date: 01-10-12 (for the last time)
Day 10 hmmm I just might be able to do it this time!

Well this morning is Day 10. Yesterday I was super busy running errands and I am still, unfortunately, not in a position where I can get vitamins. I just have to keep it posted on my goals. Being super busy yesterday did force me to be moving and out of the house and I had to put on "real clothes". lol!! My husband asked me yesterday if he needed to come with me (calling himself being supportive which I totally appreciate), the reason he offered is because I have told him many times before how when I go out into the "outside" world, how hard it is out there for me. Tacos here, hamburgers here, burritos here, I used to beg him to go with me just to insure that I won't cheat. So this time he asks me and I say
"nope I don't need you to come with me because I choose not to be fatter tomorrow."
He still came but I totally meant what I said. I don't think there has ever been a time when I have been more focused. It is still hard for me to go out into the world but it definitely it is not hard. Because quite simply I don't want to be fatter tomorrow, it's a decision that I have made. I don't want this fat any longer, I don't want this depression any longer, I don't want this incapability to move any longer, I don't want this woman who is not feeling good about herself any longer. I am fighting to bring back the person I know I am and one thing about me that everyone says is that when I make up my mind to do something that's it. Well I think this time I have definitely made up my mind to get rid of this weight. I think my husband sees that I am serious about it this time because now he is saying that he will jump on the band wagon with me next month. Which is a good thing.

It is a fact that the way I am eating right now will have to be the way I eat for the rest of my life. Carbohydrates and sugar are just simply not my friend.

Breakfast-Deviled Eggs
Lunch-Salad with Bacon
Dinner-Salad with Shrimp
and tons of water

My goals
1-Get lots of exercise in
2-Water Water Water
need2behealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:36 AM   #217
Senior LCF Member

Cle & Kitty - My DD is just a different kind of kid. She does not want to explain herself and she says teenagers ask to many questions. lol!! She has been around adults all her life so she has always been beyond her years. ;o)
Old 01-19-2012, 06:36 AM   #218
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Good Morning Jean!! Saw on Badgers about hubby, that is super!!!! I know it is easier when you have everyone doing the same thing! Have a great day!
Good morning sweetie you as well!!!
Old 01-19-2012, 10:01 AM   #219

Jean good for you, I know you are determined, aint no way I would mess with that determination!!!! You don't want those crappy burgers and tacos, laden with carbs and fat, you can make all LC ones of those, healthier and just as delish!!!!! Keep up the good work, I cant wait for you to weigh again in Monday, it is so fun watching you shrink!!!!LOL
Old 01-19-2012, 10:02 AM   #220
I'm his Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by need2behealthy View Post
Cle & Kitty - My DD is just a different kind of kid. She does not want to explain herself and she says teenagers ask to many questions. lol!! She has been around adults all her life so she has always been beyond her years. ;o)
I can understand that, even as an adult explaining low carb the looks you get and I'm not a person that gets intimidated but I can understand not wanting to always explain why everytime.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:09 AM   #221
Blabbermouth!!!

So glad that hubbs is seeing your dedication and hard work. It will be awesome if he can join you on this lifestyle, I wish mine would just for the simple fact that it's a whole lot easier when everyone is on the same page.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:13 AM   #222
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
I think it's awesome that you are involving the entire family. It's so much easier that way - my partner did LC with me and now does JUDDD with me as well. Makes things a zillion times easier.
janetsbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:39 PM   #223
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated View Post
I can understand that, even as an adult explaining low carb the looks you get and I'm not a person that gets intimidated but I can understand not wanting to always explain why everytime.
Yeah it gets a little old after awhile. I don't think it is so much that she is intimidated she doesn't feel like explaining herself. She can be very moody. lol!!!
Old 01-19-2012, 01:55 PM   #224
I'm his Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by need2behealthy View Post
Yeah it gets a little old after awhile. I don't think it is so much that she is intimidated she doesn't feel like explaining herself. She can be very moody. lol!!!
I totally understand! That's me! LOL
Old 01-19-2012, 03:41 PM   #225

I remember the cafeteria I was too shy to wlak up and throw my lunch bag and milk carton away I thought everyone was starring at me and I was afraid of that hole that you threw your stuff in that was moving, I had like a real fear!! LOL Oh to just have that now!!!!
Old 01-19-2012, 04:43 PM   #226

Understand, just worry that it is so long. Maybe she could put some string cheese in her bag and just nibble on it? Most kids like that stuff. I worry about her, but know how teens are!
Old 01-20-2012, 06:09 AM   #227
Senior LCF Member

Day 11 and had some challenges

Last night was pretty hard for me. I had gotten to a point where nothing sounded good and I was starving. I wanted to go to the store but just didn't feel up to it and I knew I shouldn't spend any money. My daughter ended up cooking some ground chicken which she put a little curry on it and I had a small bowl of it. But within an hour I was hungry again and wanting something bad. But I made it through and went in the frig and got out beef wieners which were amazing. That took care of my hunger and I was able to go to sleep.

The whole "I choose to not wake up tomorrow fatter" is really working for me. I know I keep repeating myself but I truly just don't want to live like this anymore. I go to see the doctor today and hope that he will be able to help me and give me some answers about my legs. I am so scared of using them because of the pain. Again last night my feet and legs were just excruciating. I was really hoping with all of the water drainage that it would improve but its not. I know I probably need to be a little bit more patient, I'm just really tired of the pain.

Other than my legs I feel pretty good I'm getting my water in for sure. I just need to get some sweating in.

Breakfast-2 boiled eggs
Lunch-Salad with Turkey Bacon
Dinner-Ground Turkey & Wieners

My goal
Water, Water, Water
Some exercise
Old 01-20-2012, 06:22 AM   #228
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Jean, let us know how the Dr visit goes.
janetsbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:13 AM   #229
Blabbermouth!!!

Hope the dr visit goes well and they can help you with some of that discomfort!
Old 01-20-2012, 05:33 PM   #230

Hoping the doc report was good and helpful.

KUTGW girl! You are doing this.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:53 PM   #231

Jean- way to go with sticking to your plan and I am glad you found a good mantra that is working for you! I know you are in pain hun, and it will get better but it is going to take some time, and some more weight loss, certainly getting the fluids moving is helping! Just try to persevere a bit more with the pain and it will get better, he has got to be shocked at the weight loss!!! I hope he will support your weight loss efforts! You are doing it hun!! Just keep doing as you are doing!!!!
Old 01-21-2012, 05:17 AM   #232
I'm his Princess

Morning Jean!!!

yay for eating good! You're doing so well!!!! Keep it up, we'll be dancing in the streets!
Old 01-21-2012, 05:24 AM   #233

Jean- One hting I noticed you are not eating very much if you are hungry have some LC snacks ready, celery with some cream cheese, string cheese, something to take the edge off, when we get starving is when the chance to blow it rears it's head, you are eating very light, dont be afraid to eat a little more if you are hungry!
I will be anxious to hear how the doctor appt went, I hope he can do something for you or offer some advice for improving!! It would be great if he could send you to physical therapy or something and have the insurance pay for it!!! There is an idea!!! Every place we went for our knee therapies had a full gym, and then a trained person to monitor you!
Old 01-21-2012, 07:57 AM   #234

The ther. sounds like a good plan Amber! I bet she could get some help with the pay from her ins. If not, shame on them!
Old 01-21-2012, 09:21 AM   #235
Senior LCF Member

Well it is Day 12 and I can't believe I made it this far. I got to see the doctor yesterday and he has me on a whole battery of meds to try and fix these issues with my leg. He did say that he sees the water has reduced but the pain is still there. So he is now trying to determine if it is the nerves in my legs, the tendons in my legs, or the bones. One thing is for sure all 3 of the meds I take knock me out so there is no excuse about not getting any sleep. I told the doctor that I am really trying to do better, I am trying to eat better, I am drinking more water, and he said to me Jean I don't have a problem with the way you have eaten. You obviously eat pretty healthy because all of your tests tell me you do. No sugar, No cholesterol, no nothing. I am pretty much in great health with the exception of my obesity and my legs and I am determined to find out what is going on with those 2 issues. I'm more focused than I have ever been.

So last night the hubby went to his sleep study and before he left he realized he hadn't eaten anything. So he was like I'm going to go and get me a chicken burrito (may I just say Mexican food is one of my weaknesses. mmm who am I kidding all food is my weakness lol) So I tell him can you please bring me back a couple of chile rellenos which are stuffed chilis with cheese inside that are then dipped in egg and then fried. He comes back with this container that is not chili rellenos but it is a salad with chicken and may I say it was completely amazing. I didn't even pay him and his burrito any attention. I also had fresh chicharrones yesterday which were probably the best I have had in a very long time. My concern is the pico de gallo. I think I ate to much of it and it definitely had carbs. Other than that I think I'm pretty good. No sugar, no sodas - not even diet, has passed these lips. Everyone keeps telling me how proud they are of me for trying to get healthy but it has truly only been 12 days and I have my struggles trust me. But I have to say it is different this time. I'm usually so tempted to eat out and cheat. I would sneak out by myself and go buy me a candy bar or something. I just can't do it this time because the only person I am hurting is myself. And more than anything I CHOOSE NOT TO BE FATTER TOMORROW AND I CHOOSE TO BE HEALTHIER TODAY AND GOING FORWARD!!!

Yesterday's Intake
Breakfast-Deviled Eggs and Beef Weiners
Lunch-Fresh Chicharrones and pico de gallo
Dinner-Mexican Chicken salad
Lots of water
Old 01-21-2012, 09:23 AM   #236
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated View Post
Morning Jean!!!

yay for eating good! You're doing so well!!!! Keep it up, we'll be dancing in the streets!
Yeah Cle if I can get down I will have to try and make a trip to New York and you show me all of the hot spots
Old 01-21-2012, 09:26 AM   #237
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Jean- One hting I noticed you are not eating very much if you are hungry have some LC snacks ready, celery with some cream cheese, string cheese, something to take the edge off, when we get starving is when the chance to blow it rears it's head, you are eating very light, dont be afraid to eat a little more if you are hungry!
I will be anxious to hear how the doctor appt went, I hope he can do something for you or offer some advice for improving!! It would be great if he could send you to physical therapy or something and have the insurance pay for it!!! There is an idea!!! Every place we went for our knee therapies had a full gym, and then a trained person to monitor you!
Hi Amber,

That is a great idea! I forgot all about celery. I think you are right I don't think I'm eating enough the majority of it is I'm lazy lol!! I like quick fixes things that are easy to cook and fix for my lunches and breakfast and I have ran out of all that stuff. So I need to refill my frig with the easy stuff like celery and things like that. I think my daughter and I are going to make some oppsie rolls today because I am craving for a hamburger. We shall see!
Old 01-21-2012, 09:28 AM   #238
Senior LCF Member

Thanks everyone for all of your words of encouragement and caring.
Old 01-21-2012, 12:09 PM   #239

Jean I know you are toughing it out, it is like me and the smoking, but soon it will be a way of life, you a low carber and me a non smoker! It sucks about your legs, thank goodness you are healthy otherwise you were like me I was all healthy except I had 2 knee surgeries the sheer weight was killing my joints, I suspect that might be a problem for you too, but let me tell you, I still had pain after my surgeries until I lost weight, and to think now I can run and stretch them like I do, you will get there, it just takes time, the body is a remarkable machine which can repair itself, just give it what it needs and a little time!!! You are doing great!!! Chili rellano OMG I love them!!! Pico is not that bad, a little tomato wont hurt ya!!!
Old 01-22-2012, 07:58 AM   #240

Only one candy bar... I used to buy several on the sneak...then hide the evidence...

Good report from the doc. At least you have all other areas in the good category. The weight will be improving as you stick it out with this WOE. You are doing fine! Yep, a little tom. won't hurt once in a while I used to eat about 4 or 5 cherry tom.s on my salad a day when I was losing well. They were like candy to me! Just keep the amt. small.

Hoping they figure out something to help your legs. Losing the weight will probably help that area. My friend had issues with her legs that are improving as she loses weight. She had to use pumps a couple times a day on them. Keep the attitude you have! ONLY 12 days!? 12 days is wonderful! How many people can say they stuck it out this long!?! Before you know it, it will be 20, then 30, then months, then years! You can do this!

Yay for hubby getting you a LC meal!