Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2012, 01:40 PM   #181
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 19, 2011
I totally second the L-glutamine. That and amino acids helped so much with cravings. Angela turned me on to "The Diet Cure" and I learned a great deal.
janetsbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2012, 04:15 PM   #182
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Jean where are you hun, I am dying for a report, go somewhere anywhere go to Target and try one of their scales on display I must know,I have my fingers and my weird monkey toes crossed for you!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 06:14 PM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: need2behealthy
Stats: 445/418.9/175
Start Date: 01-10-12 (for the last time)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Jean where are you hun, I am dying for a report, go somewhere anywhere go to Target and try one of their scales on display I must know,I have my fingers and my weird monkey toes crossed for you!!!
lol!!! I'm sorry Amber!! It was a busy day today and I don't get off until 6pm my time and now I'm eating dinner. I was going to go to the hospital as soon as I am done.
need2behealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:19 AM   #184

I saw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not saying that is for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But OMG I am so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! So PROUD of you!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-17-2012, 04:20 AM   #185
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Morning Jean! Have a great day!
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:51 AM   #186
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jean I am so proud and happy for you!!!!
Old 01-17-2012, 07:40 AM   #187
Senior LCF Member

Day 8 and I should celebrate Hee Hee that rhymed

So I am a member of Low Carb Friends as I have stated so many times. The women on here are completely amazing in terms of support. I couldn't ask for a better of bunch of new friends. Well one of the groups on LCF is a weigh in group. We weigh in every Monday.

After work and eating dinner I was so tired and it used to be that I would simply make excuses about not going but I knew I had these ladies waiting for my weigh in because they wait for everyone's weigh in. So I got off my butt and went to the hospital to weigh in. (Which if you only knew was super huge) I hardly ever leave my house after working all day.

I go to the hospital I step on the scale and it says 418.9 I looked at Erica and I looked back down as if I must be reading this wrong. I look down and sure enough it said 418.9. I lost 25 pounds in a week. I was in complete disbelief. My daughter gets on the scale and it says 292 she has lost 7 pounds in a week.

The whole way home I kept asking my daughter did you see it? Did you see the scale? OMG Did you see the scale? She kept saying yes I did Mommy that is amazing! I said it had to be wrong right? It just had to be wrong there is no way I lost that much that quickly she said we should have taken a picture of it. I told her with all of the lack of support I have received I just don't want to tell anyone, with the exception of my husband and the LCF ladies. She said why I said because I just don't I would rather let them see it.

I get home and I didn't blurt out the weight to my husband. He asked me I tell him and he says nothing. No congratulations no nothing. I can't even tell you how hurtful this was. Now he says that he couldn't remember what my starting weight was so he didn't realize that I had dropped and he apologized profusely and said how proud of me he was. It still hurt. It was still very painful. But again I will be using this as well to fuel me to keep going because I'm going to get healthy. If I wasn't pissed before I'm definitely pissed now I'm doing it!!

Breakfast-Frying cheese, Tuna, skins
Lunch-Shrimp Stir Fry with Cucumber Salad
Dinner-Pork Chops with Cucumber Salad

My goals for today
1-Water Water Water
2-Attempt to get myself on a better eating schedule
3-I didn't exercise yesterday try to get my exercising in today.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:41 AM   #188
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated View Post
Morning Jean! Have a great day!
Good Morning Cle!! Have a super day today!!
Old 01-17-2012, 07:41 AM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I saw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not saying that is for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But OMG I am so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! So PROUD of you!!!!!!!!!!
You have no idea how much that means to me sweetie!!! Thank you so much!!!!
Old 01-17-2012, 07:42 AM   #190
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janetsbreeze View Post
Jean I am so proud and happy for you!!!!
Thanks a bunch Janet!! Yeah it's pretty crazy I can't believe it.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:48 AM   #191

OMG Jean, you lost 26.1 make sure you get that extra pound in, do you know how exciting that is??? That is all you babe, no one else, all you making the right choices everyday, no excuses passing your head!! Do you know how close you are to the 300's already now?? I thought you might lose 15-18 pounds I was blown the heck away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All that water, all those good things you are eating, now next week may not be as huge, but I bet it will still be good,but just prepare mentally in case it is not, you shocked the system good this week!!!! You never know how a body will react, but just keep doing everything you are doing you have found success, and whatever your husband is not noticing now, he will be soon when his hot mama is flying around and dancing up a storm!! Then he better watch out!!!
Old 01-17-2012, 07:49 AM   #192
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jean - you need to change your stats!! You lost a tremendous amount already and it's time to show everyone here!

It's hard when we don't get the support we need in real life for the lifestyle changes we make. I know that you know you are doing the best and right thing for yourself.
And we are all very proud of you here
Old 01-17-2012, 07:52 AM   #193
I'm his Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by need2behealthy View Post
So I am a member of Low Carb Friends as I have stated so many times. The women on here are completely amazing in terms of support. I couldn't ask for a better of bunch of new friends. Well one of the groups on LCF is a weigh in group. We weigh in every Monday.

After work and eating dinner I was so tired and it used to be that I would simply make excuses about not going but I knew I had these ladies waiting for my weigh in because they wait for everyone's weigh in. So I got off my butt and went to the hospital to weigh in. (Which if you only knew was super huge) I hardly ever leave my house after working all day.

I go to the hospital I step on the scale and it says 418.9 I looked at Erica and I looked back down as if I must be reading this wrong. I look down and sure enough it said 418.9. I lost 25 pounds in a week. I was in complete disbelief. My daughter gets on the scale and it says 292 she has lost 7 pounds in a week.

The whole way home I kept asking my daughter did you see it? Did you see the scale? OMG Did you see the scale? She kept saying yes I did Mommy that is amazing! I said it had to be wrong right? It just had to be wrong there is no way I lost that much that quickly she said we should have taken a picture of it. I told her with all of the lack of support I have received I just don't want to tell anyone, with the exception of my husband and the LCF ladies. She said why I said because I just don't I would rather let them see it.

I get home and I didn't blurt out the weight to my husband. He asked me I tell him and he says nothing. No congratulations no nothing. I can't even tell you how hurtful this was. Now he says that he couldn't remember what my starting weight was so he didn't realize that I had dropped and he apologized profusely and said how proud of me he was. It still hurt. It was still very painful. But again I will be using this as well to fuel me to keep going because I'm going to get healthy. If I wasn't pissed before I'm definitely pissed now I'm doing it!!

Breakfast-Frying cheese, Tuna, skins
Lunch-Shrimp Stir Fry with Cucumber Salad
Dinner-Pork Chops with Cucumber Salad

My goals for today
1-Water Water Water
2-Attempt to get myself on a better eating schedule
3-I didn't exercise yesterday try to get my exercising in today.
WOW!!!!! Jean!!! I'm so proud of you!!!!! Good for you! That has to be a great feeling!!! Proud of your daughter too!!!!

Sometimes men just don't get it, keep pressing on and stay focused!!! You've encouraged me greatly by your post. I have no excuse for not staying on plan!!! Keep rocking this plan!!!!

Go you!
Old 01-17-2012, 08:29 AM   #194
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
OMG Jean, you lost 26.1 make sure you get that extra pound in, do you know how exciting that is??? That is all you babe, no one else, all you making the right choices everyday, no excuses passing your head!! Do you know how close you are to the 300's already now?? I thought you might lose 15-18 pounds I was blown the heck away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All that water, all those good things you are eating, now next week may not be as huge, but I bet it will still be good,but just prepare mentally in case it is not, you shocked the system good this week!!!! You never know how a body will react, but just keep doing everything you are doing you have found success, and whatever your husband is not noticing now, he will be soon when his hot mama is flying around and dancing up a storm!! Then he better watch out!!!
Dancing here I come!!!!
Old 01-17-2012, 08:29 AM   #195
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janetsbreeze View Post
Jean - you need to change your stats!! You lost a tremendous amount already and it's time to show everyone here!

It's hard when we don't get the support we need in real life for the lifestyle changes we make. I know that you know you are doing the best and right thing for yourself.
And we are all very proud of you here
Janet I am changing them now!!!
Old 01-17-2012, 08:32 AM   #196
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Jean, sooooo proud of you! Fantastic weigh in!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:23 AM   #197

I am doing a drive by proud clap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-17-2012, 10:54 AM   #198
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Martini72
Stats: ut ohh/aww shucks/wow
WOE: low carbs
Start Date: September 201o

and RIP 26.1 pounds!!!! KICK ROCKS!!!!

I had to say it again! YOU ROCK!!!! As a fellow chair dancer....DANCE!!!!
I once watched a Richard Simmons VHS TAPE..(LOL I know) He said even if u sit and clap you will burn fat!!! Its true! So I tried to clap through a whole song one day...Not so easy when u do it like u mean it. Heck I just got so I can make it through a whole line dance thingy. (Sort of like the Electric Slide of 2011). I am working up to walking far. You'll get there!!!! Now u got me wanting to walk into a room like I pay all the bill there!!!
Martini72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:20 PM   #199
Senior LCF Member

Thanks again ladies!! It is truly a blessing. I'm more focused now than ever. It's so weird because before I would shout it from the roof tops and then the minute I did I would go the other way and start eating bad stuff again. I decided I'm not telling anyone anything. Just posting on LCF, telling my husband, and updating my blog. It feels amazing!!!

I had a friend this morning trying to convince me to eat grapefruit (which don't get me wrong I know is very good for you) But not when you are trying to be strict with Atkins. So I just said yeah I know and kept doing what I do. lol!!!
Old 01-17-2012, 03:23 PM   #200

LOL I now I read that grapefruit study and now have been eating 1/2 of one for like 2 months, LOL I now treasure fruit, OMG I would never eat it and now it is such a treat to eat a juicy orange or an apple!!! When you are where you need to be or exercising like a fool you can have plenty of fruit, but for now it is best not to, but it is not forbidden forever, remember that, anything you love and crave can all be had again, you choose to eat it later!!!!
Old 01-17-2012, 07:30 PM   #201

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
WOW! What a first week! You should be so proud! I am dancing her for you!

Pehshttttttt to your hubby....MEN!!! Don't worry, we are all proud here and your DD is too! Wow on her loss too! What a great week! Isn't that enough to fuel you to go on! I too thought...10, 15, 20....but this!!!!! WOW!!!!

Amber said it and i'm repeating...don't get upset if you don't lose as much this week. That was an outstanding first.....The second and third will not be as dramatic most likely, but they will start adding up...every bit gets you closer! You can and will do this! Yes, let them see it...don't tell them...they will only anger you more....

Your honey badger has been poked! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, you belong...to our LowCarb FAMILY!!!! We ARE PROUD of you!
Old 01-18-2012, 05:43 AM   #202
I'm his Princess

Good morning Jean!!!

Hope all is well!!!
Old 01-18-2012, 05:56 AM   #203
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: nikkiluvslowcarb
Stats: 315 /164.4/ 155
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: June 7th 2011
Congrats on the 26 lbs!!! I'm sooo happy for you!

Have a great day!
nikkiluvslowcarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:58 AM   #204

Good Morning Superstar!!! Have a great day!!!
Old 01-18-2012, 07:07 AM   #205
Senior LCF Member

Day 9 ~ Here I come size 11/12 ~ Journal Entry

Well today is Day 9 with my lifestyle change. I feel pretty good!! Last night I was laying down and could feel my body changing. I will be able to acquire some vitamins today which I'm super excited about. I love the energy that eating low carb gives you. Now if only I can get the energy to work out. lol!!! I downloaded the videos so now there is no excuse but actually taking the time and doing it. Stepping away from my desk and getting it done. That is going to be the hardest part ever.

My daughter made sausage, egg, and cheese muffins last night. They weren't to bad, but she really liked them which is awesome! Now she has something quick she can grab for breakfast since she refuses to eat lunch at school.

I actually have to leave the house today I have 50 million errands to run ;o) so I will definitely get some exercise in that way.

My Goals
1-Water
2-Some form of exercising
Old 01-18-2012, 07:08 AM   #206
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycitygirl View Post
WOW! What a first week! You should be so proud! I am dancing her for you!

Pehshttttttt to your hubby....MEN!!! Don't worry, we are all proud here and your DD is too! Wow on her loss too! What a great week! Isn't that enough to fuel you to go on! I too thought...10, 15, 20....but this!!!!! WOW!!!!

Amber said it and i'm repeating...don't get upset if you don't lose as much this week. That was an outstanding first.....The second and third will not be as dramatic most likely, but they will start adding up...every bit gets you closer! You can and will do this! Yes, let them see it...don't tell them...they will only anger you more....

Your honey badger has been poked! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, you belong...to our LowCarb FAMILY!!!! We ARE PROUD of you!
Thanks Kitty I appreciate it so much!!! To answer your question absofreakinglutely it fuels me more and more. I'm so happy to be apart of this low carb family if it weren't for you guys I don't think I could do it. I love the support that I am getting on this forum.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:09 AM   #207
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated View Post
Good morning Jean!!!

Hope all is well!!!
Hey sweetie!! Good Morning! I hope all is well with you also!! Have a great day!!
Old 01-18-2012, 07:13 AM   #208
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiluvslowcarb View Post
Congrats on the 26 lbs!!! I'm sooo happy for you!

Have a great day!
Thanks a bunch Nikki!!! We can all do this together!! I feel more amped about my future than I've been in a really long time.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:13 AM   #209
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Good Morning Superstar!!! Have a great day!!!
Good Morning Dear Heart!! I hope you are having a super productive day!!!
Old 01-18-2012, 07:59 AM   #210
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jean, you are quite the inspiration!
I know you and your daughter can do this!