Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2012, 02:18 PM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: need2behealthy
Stats: 445/418.9/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 01-10-12 (for the last time)
I'm so glad that I am recording my water bottle intake. I just realized that it is taken me a whole hour just to get one bottle down. If I'm going to meet my goal to 9 I better decrease that time.
need2behealthy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2012, 02:38 PM   #122
Senior LCF Member

5 down 4 to go!
Old 01-13-2012, 03:21 PM   #123
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 290/279/195 ** 6'2
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 5/25/2014
Hey Jean- how do you feel drinking that much water? You okay with it? There is such a thing as water intoxication, and it is dangerous. I believe in drinking plenty of water, but an overload, and really forcing it, is not such a good idea. If your body is handling the intake fine, then I'm sure it's no biggiie. Just checking!

PS-- did you get dressed today? I am wearing clean jeans and a clean sweater that isn't full of holes and stains. I'M A WINNER!!!
glamazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 05:34 AM   #124
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Jean:
here is a good article about drinking water
Are You Drinking Enough Water?

Adequate water intake is so important, so make sure you are getting enough, spread it out, don't force yourself to drink, if you are finding this to be too much cut out 1 or 2 and work up to it, it is hard to make changes all at once, you have to develop habits you can stick with-if drinking all this water stresses you out you wont do it long term, so better to drink a little less and let your body crave it- you will get to the point where you actually want it!!!
Old 01-14-2012, 06:58 AM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamazon View Post
Hey Jean- how do you feel drinking that much water? You okay with it? There is such a thing as water intoxication, and it is dangerous. I believe in drinking plenty of water, but an overload, and really forcing it, is not such a good idea. If your body is handling the intake fine, then I'm sure it's no biggiie. Just checking!

PS-- did you get dressed today? I am wearing clean jeans and a clean sweater that isn't full of holes and stains. I'M A WINNER!!!
Hi Ang,

I posted an article on my blog about water and how much a normal person should intake and then it went on to explain how much one should intake if they are obese. So to answer your question no I am not having a good time with this water at all lol!! My body seems to be taking it ok I mean I'm going to the bathroom quite a bit but I am also taking prescribed water pills. Which is why I push myself even more.

No I didn't get dressed yesterday but I'm getting dressed today. lol!!! Tuesday and Thursday of next week for sure
Old 01-14-2012, 07:08 AM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Jean:
here is a good article about drinking water
Are You Drinking Enough Water?

Adequate water intake is so important, so make sure you are getting enough, spread it out, don't force yourself to drink, if you are finding this to be too much cut out 1 or 2 and work up to it, it is hard to make changes all at once, you have to develop habits you can stick with-if drinking all this water stresses you out you wont do it long term, so better to drink a little less and let your body crave it- you will get to the point where you actually want it!!!
Holy Canoli Amber!!! Your article says I should be drinking even more water than my article says

Here is my article
How 8 Glasses a Day Keeps Fat Away

I can't even make it to the amount that mine says. But I shoot for it as a goal. My intake yesterday was 160 ounces. And you are right I am kind of getting to the point, not where I'm craving it, but it sits right next to my keyboard and I keep grabbing for it. So it is getting easier to drink just not easier to get to my goal I guess. lol!!!

Thank you so much ladies for your input and for caring I appreciate it more than you know!!!

Here is mine
Old 01-14-2012, 07:10 AM   #127
Senior LCF Member

Day 5 and so far so good ~ Journal Entry

Yesterday was the first time I had a desire for a moment of weakness. But I beat it. I wanted to eat an orange so badly. But I just kept my eye on the ball and went and grabbed me cheese stick. Everyone and their mother is doubting me and this diet. My husband is being supportive but he just doesn't want to do Atkins any longer. I truly feel once he sees that I am serious that he will join me.

Today I am actually going to get out of the house, I have to take the kid to the eye doctor and I decided to get a tour of LA Fitness. I can't afford it right now but who knows maybe they will have some kind of special going on right now. Something has to change I know I need to get moving even if it is only a little bit at a time.

I keep daydreaming and thinking of the person I was and I truly want to see that person back. I just have to stay on target.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:11 AM   #128

We are made up of water and it is important, but the thing is you are probably drinking far more than you were!! Work up to it, make it a habit and it will all come!! The thing is it is good for everything flushing the fa, keeping your kidneys working retaining fluid especially since you are on water pills, so keep at it!

I cant wait for weigh in Monday I know you are going to be down some serious poundage I can't wait!!! There is nothing like induction to show a huge loss!!! I dont want to know, if you post before I cant look!!! I want to be so excited on Monday!!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 07:13 AM   #129

Oh I am so proud of you!! Getting up and moving and checking out the gym, I bet they have specials for the New Years now, oh I love it!!!! You are going to be back there where you think you want to be and way past it!! Wait til hub sees how much you lost!! Then he will be ready to join you, you have to let us know about your daughter too!!!
Old 01-14-2012, 07:32 AM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Oh I am so proud of you!! Getting up and moving and checking out the gym, I bet they have specials for the New Years now, oh I love it!!!! You are going to be back there where you think you want to be and way past it!! Wait til hub sees how much you lost!! Then he will be ready to join you, you have to let us know about your daughter too!!!
Absolutely Amber!! Yeah I agree!! He is also obese he is actually also over 400 pounds he is just doing the healthy thing and the extreme exercise thing. But now they have halted him on exercise because of his back. He is still eating quite a bit, healthier choices but a lot. So we shall see what happens.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:49 AM   #131
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Jean, I am with you and feel 100% better the more water I drink. I try for about a gallon a day but average about 80oz.
Some days are better of course. I'm always a little afraid I will deplete all my potassium so I take loads of supplements and haven't had an issue yet.

BTW, you are doing great lady!
janetsbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:01 AM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Thanks a bunch Janet!!! You are as well congrats again on your whoosh!
Old 01-14-2012, 10:09 AM   #133
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Oh wow! Let us know how the visit to the gym goes!!! How exciting that will be if you can make that work!

Did my time at the eye doc last Wed. I'm traumatized that I *have* to wear glasses now.
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:28 PM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Well the gym will not be an option for me right now. But it is something to shoot for in the next month or so. Plus even the sales guy that January and February are their busiest time.

But it got me out of the house I put on real clothes, visited a friend (which I never do), took her a few places which again caused me to be moving. I have definitely been moving today which is now why I am completely and totally exhausted.

4 bottles in 5 to go.
Old 01-14-2012, 03:32 PM   #135
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good for you, Jean! Glad you got out and about for a little while. More than I did! I've been holed up in my hidey-hole (i.e.: my sewing room/officey place) working on drafting a pattern. I am wearing pants, though, so I'm good.
Old 01-14-2012, 03:35 PM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Hi Ang happy Saturday!! I definitely know about that one. I took Amber's advice I downloaded a zumba package and I'm going to start out doing it sitting down. And try and get a little further each day.
Old 01-14-2012, 04:34 PM   #137

Jean so proud of you hun!! You did it you got up you checked things out you visited, I am so proud of you, I know this is all taking you out of your comfort zone, but that which is uncomfortable forces us to change!!! I so wish I could give you a big squeeze you deserve it!! Your husband is probably uncomfortable with his changes everyone has to find their groove, but I bet if he sees you and DD being successful he will jump on board! yeah for zumba! Nothing wrong with chair zumba and shaking the top half, everything is going to help!! I love coming and hearing your reports, your determination is so powerful!!!
Old 01-14-2012, 07:37 PM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Jean so proud of you hun!! You did it you got up you checked things out you visited, I am so proud of you, I know this is all taking you out of your comfort zone, but that which is uncomfortable forces us to change!!! I so wish I could give you a big squeeze you deserve it!! Your husband is probably uncomfortable with his changes everyone has to find their groove, but I bet if he sees you and DD being successful he will jump on board! yeah for zumba! Nothing wrong with chair zumba and shaking the top half, everything is going to help!! I love coming and hearing your reports, your determination is so powerful!!!
Thank you Amber!! I have been down this road so many times and so many people that I am close to - not so many people just about everyone feels that I won't be successful or they hate the lifestyle I have chosen. Everytime I think of going the other way I think of the support I have received on this board. Especially from you and Ang. You ladies are completely and totally amazing and I'm so glad I have found you in this forum. I am aiming to change and I think it is contagious because my DD is totally on board!!
Old 01-14-2012, 08:06 PM   #139
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow, that really brings out the Honey Badger in me: WHAT THE HELL THEY HATE THE LIFESTYLE YOU'VE CHOSEN!! IT'S ****ING CARBOHYDRATES FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!! IT'S FOOD!! **** THEM! How dare they think you won't be successful! What if you were an alcoholic? What if you chose to go to AA and get dry once and for all? What would they say then? IT'S THE SAME THING! Carbohydrates are KILLING you and THEY DARE to oppose your will to survive?? OMG I am totally flipping steaming mad at those people in your life. **** THEM, JEAN! How dare they tell you you're going to fail and go back to eating foods that are PROVEN TO BE KILLING YOU. Are you diabetic, Jean? ARE THEY WANTING YOU TO GO BACK TO SUGAR??? BREAD?? Foods proven to jack around your blood sugar? Are they educated about what is REALLY going on with your hormonal system and how your fat responds to the carbohydrates given to them? WHAT THE **** do they care what you eat? Why is it any of their damn business?? Why is that important to them? Junky Carbohydrates are KILLING you and sucking away your quality of life! What do they think happens when you don't eat Carbage? Clearly they are total ****ing idiots. Don't you dare give them any credence, Jean. They are ****ing MORONS who don't care about your quality of life. They are UNDEDUCATED and RUDE and MEAN. I don't care if we are talking about a family member or a best girlfriend, that is just total ********. Like you don't have enough ******** in your life, you have to put up with this too?? How dare they! I am totally flabbergasted that someone who proclaims to love you would give you one damn bad word against trying to be healthy and getting rid of all the crap food in your life. You are eating veggies and meats and good PROVEN HEALTHY fats, for ****'s sake. Tell them to educate themselves before they say one more damn word about it. **** them.

You win this thing, Jean. You be like Amber and lose this weight and grind their stupid faces into it. Don't you ever stop winning. DO NOT STOP. YOU GOT THIS, WOMAN!!

//end honey badger rant.

For ****'s sake.

Do-Over Divas
Photos of My Low Carb Meals
Old 01-15-2012, 03:17 AM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamazon View Post
Wow, that really brings out the Honey Badger in me: WHAT THE HELL THEY HATE THE LIFESTYLE YOU'VE CHOSEN!! IT'S ****ING CARBOHYDRATES FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!! IT'S FOOD!! **** THEM! How dare they think you won't be successful! What if you were an alcoholic? What if you chose to go to AA and get dry once and for all? What would they say then? IT'S THE SAME THING! Carbohydrates are KILLING you and THEY DARE to oppose your will to survive?? OMG I am totally flipping steaming mad at those people in your life. **** THEM, JEAN! How dare they tell you you're going to fail and go back to eating foods that are PROVEN TO BE KILLING YOU. Are you diabetic, Jean? ARE THEY WANTING YOU TO GO BACK TO SUGAR??? BREAD?? Foods proven to jack around your blood sugar? Are they educated about what is REALLY going on with your hormonal system and how your fat responds to the carbohydrates given to them? WHAT THE **** do they care what you eat? Why is it any of their damn business?? Why is that important to them? Junky Carbohydrates are KILLING you and sucking away your quality of life! What do they think happens when you don't eat Carbage? Clearly they are total ****ing idiots. Don't you dare give them any credence, Jean. They are ****ing MORONS who don't care about your quality of life. They are UNDEDUCATED and RUDE and MEAN. I don't care if we are talking about a family member or a best girlfriend, that is just total ********. Like you don't have enough ******** in your life, you have to put up with this too?? How dare they! I am totally flabbergasted that someone who proclaims to love you would give you one damn bad word against trying to be healthy and getting rid of all the crap food in your life. You are eating veggies and meats and good PROVEN HEALTHY fats, for ****'s sake. Tell them to educate themselves before they say one more damn word about it. **** them.

You win this thing, Jean. You be like Amber and lose this weight and grind their stupid faces into it. Don't you ever stop winning. DO NOT STOP. YOU GOT THIS, WOMAN!!

//end honey badger rant.

For ****'s sake.
Ang you are so right!! But the difference is I'm now attempting to use it to give me strength. I love that you care I really do!! You are truly truly sweet! I'm think I'm more ready now than I have ever been in my life and I have definitely found the support on this forum.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:47 AM   #141
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Morning Jean!

Go you for stepping out!!! Soooon you'll be dancing all over the place!!!
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 06:13 AM   #142

Jean- Well Ang said it best, LOL
OMG when I was doing LC everyone was like that is so unhealthy blah blah blah, I said whatever and shoved in another piece of bacon, before long people were like what are you eating, well let me see??Steak, bacon, eggs, cheese, nuts, butter, and they are like OMG you are going to have a heart attack, do you know what my cholesterol was in August when I had my blood work done, 129, I might be lucky that I dont know a family history on my Dad's side, My mom is good, but I know my bod cant handle junk carbs ever!! Christmas I was eating them all I felt like crap, I will always have to eat on the low carb side and I have to know that any junk I eat will blow me up!
I learned to not give a rat's ass what people think and do my thing! Your actions nad results will speak louder than words!!!
I gather you are not as outspoken as me and Ang perhaps, LOL But you will get your strength! You are so doing this and you are doing it for you and your DD, you don't want her in her youth to be traumatized with the negative talk from others!
I am so very proud of you, and your determination, I just cant wait for a month to go by, and you are going to be feeling so good!!! Make sure you take pictures for you too, not to post if you dont feel like it, but for you to look back on!!!! Take them every month so even when the scale is unkind maybe you see a little change here and there, it helps!
Old 01-15-2012, 08:56 AM   #143
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Jean - exactly what Ang said. We are here to support you no matter what!
janetsbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:22 AM   #144

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
Inviting myself in here.

Read the spot that Ang ranted over. I so want to see you succeed at this and rub it in their faces! Like you started doing, let this fuel your journey. Take their negative energy, and use it in a positive way. I've done that before on several issues. Exercising (yes, Amber, I have done that in the summer! LOL Winter is another story ), I would say to myself, this lap is for **** and think about that during it. Some were good ones, not neg. people. People that needed a health intervention from God (Cancer, Diabetes, etc.). Some were just people that I wanted to rub it in their faces when I was looking healthy and hot (which you will soon!). I'd throw one in for DH too! Whether he had my honey badger riles up or whether I wanted him to have the healthy/sexy wife to enjoy I know, I did several extra laps when I did this! It fueled me. Going to throw one in for you now too! "This one is for Jean and all the neg. people she has to deal with daily!" Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...... Those people are lucky we all aren't in your neck of the woods! Cobras don't scare honey badgers, ***** don't either!

Everytime you are tempted to slack, think "They'd just love to see this! I'm not going to give them the satisfaction!"

"Let them eat cake....we will eat healthy and look hot!"

Amber and Ang are the best! Put your faith in them and let them help support you through this! You are not alone on this journey!
Old 01-15-2012, 09:35 AM   #145
Senior LCF Member

Day 6 and I'm loving my way of life ~ Journal entry

I love each and every day more and more that I chose this lifestyle the more people doubt me and the lifestyle the more certain I am that it is for me. In my post yesterday I received a comment from a woman by the name of Johannah and she, as you can see, shared her story. I am so overwhelmed by the response I am getting as a whole from my blog and the posting on LCF, I truly cannot imagine being successful without any of my new found support from both entities.

Johannah in her comment stated something she does that was truly powerful to me. Everyday she asks herself
"I just ask myself if I want to wake up fatter tomorrow or not"

I love it!!! Here I have been using anyone and everyone that doubts me as a way to be focused but in addition to that it should be about me and what I choose and want for myself. And very simply do I or do I not want to wake up fatter tomorrow? Well I'm here to tell you I DON'T!!! I'm so done with being fatter the next day. I've said it once I've said it twice I'M DONE!!!

So yesterday I got out of the house went to LA Fitness which is way to much for me right now so I'm back to doing this myself at home so now the goal is to find some videos that I can download that I will like (has to have good music ;o) Yesterday from a food perspective went well. I didn't get in as much water as I would have liked as I was out and about but my food was as follows:

B: Egg, cheese, bacon in a low carb tortilla
Late Lunch: Salad with chicken breast on top
Late Dinner: Chinese Chicken lettuce wraps (which I made myself and were really good)

My goal for today:

1-Find a video that I like to begin workout tomorrow
2-Drink my water
3-Get prepared for the week from a cooking perspective (We are going to make Scottish Eggs and breakfast muffins so all we have to do is freeze them and take them out each day and stick in the microwave.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:37 AM   #146
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated View Post
Morning Jean!

Go you for stepping out!!! Soooon you'll be dancing all over the place!!!
Thanks Cle! I really hope so I miss dancing so much!!
Old 01-15-2012, 09:39 AM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Jean- Well Ang said it best, LOL
OMG when I was doing LC everyone was like that is so unhealthy blah blah blah, I said whatever and shoved in another piece of bacon, before long people were like what are you eating, well let me see??Steak, bacon, eggs, cheese, nuts, butter, and they are like OMG you are going to have a heart attack, do you know what my cholesterol was in August when I had my blood work done, 129, I might be lucky that I dont know a family history on my Dad's side, My mom is good, but I know my bod cant handle junk carbs ever!! Christmas I was eating them all I felt like crap, I will always have to eat on the low carb side and I have to know that any junk I eat will blow me up!
I learned to not give a rat's ass what people think and do my thing! Your actions nad results will speak louder than words!!!
I gather you are not as outspoken as me and Ang perhaps, LOL But you will get your strength! You are so doing this and you are doing it for you and your DD, you don't want her in her youth to be traumatized with the negative talk from others!
I am so very proud of you, and your determination, I just cant wait for a month to go by, and you are going to be feeling so good!!! Make sure you take pictures for you too, not to post if you dont feel like it, but for you to look back on!!!! Take them every month so even when the scale is unkind maybe you see a little change here and there, it helps!
Thank you so much Amber!!! I appreciate all of you I truly do!!
Old 01-15-2012, 09:41 AM   #148
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janetsbreeze View Post
Jean - exactly what Ang said. We are here to support you no matter what!
Janet,

Thank you so much!! I am doing everything I can to be here for others as well. We can do this together!!!
Old 01-15-2012, 09:47 AM   #149
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycitygirl View Post
Inviting myself in here.

Read the spot that Ang ranted over. I so want to see you succeed at this and rub it in their faces! Like you started doing, let this fuel your journey. Take their negative energy, and use it in a positive way. I've done that before on several issues. Exercising (yes, Amber, I have done that in the summer! LOL Winter is another story ), I would say to myself, this lap is for **** and think about that during it. Some were good ones, not neg. people. People that needed a health intervention from God (Cancer, Diabetes, etc.). Some were just people that I wanted to rub it in their faces when I was looking healthy and hot (which you will soon!). I'd throw one in for DH too! Whether he had my honey badger riles up or whether I wanted him to have the healthy/sexy wife to enjoy I know, I did several extra laps when I did this! It fueled me. Going to throw one in for you now too! "This one is for Jean and all the neg. people she has to deal with daily!" Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...... Those people are lucky we all aren't in your neck of the woods! Cobras don't scare honey badgers, ***** don't either!

Everytime you are tempted to slack, think "They'd just love to see this! I'm not going to give them the satisfaction!"

"Let them eat cake....we will eat healthy and look hot!"

Amber and Ang are the best! Put your faith in them and let them help support you through this! You are not alone on this journey!
Kitty I completely agree with you Amber and Ang are the best but your words are just as amazing! I'm so glad you popped in I appreciate it more than you know.

People have seen me do this so many times so in their defense I get that it comes down to them not wanting me to fail again. But it isn't about them it is about me and what I know my body can and can't handle. I know what needs to be done for me and my daughter. My daughter said something amazing to me yesterday. She said I have never heard you speak like this before, with such conviction and I thought she believes me she believes that I'm serious this time. That is all I need. It has become a world of she and I and the ladies such as yourself on the Internet. And I am so ok with that!!!
Old 01-15-2012, 10:04 AM   #150

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
I too have done "it" so many times only to undo it and gain on top of that many times. It got so bad that I also did not believe in myself. It became an anual thing. I would lose about 20 or so over the summer, then regain throughout fall and winter....then repeat when I realized summer was TOMORROW! People started realizing it was temp. too. I think this is why so many didn't mention the losses until I had lost about 50 pounds this time. The difference for me: the support here. I too had a new and better conviction to do it. The others will too....eventually. I think some now are just realizing that I am not going back Probably why I freak when I put on a couple!

Glad your daughter believes in you and sees your different attitude!
kittycitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote