Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2012, 09:34 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: need2behealthy
Stats: 445/418.9/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 01-10-12 (for the last time)
3rd day and still going strong

So far so good!!! I am still going strong and I'm not even tempted.

Yesterday I had 2 slices of ham with melted swiss cheese in the middle and eggs and cheese. For dinner I had 2 small low carb turkey and bacon wraps. I had a few pork rinds with pico de gallo as a snack.

The water is a super challenge for me but I am really going to try hard to make it happen.

I have a 20 oz bottle that I just keep filling up. I need to fill it up at least 5 times. I'm on number 2 right now.
need2behealthy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2012, 09:44 AM   #62
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Sending you big ole hugs sweetheart! You've just started on a fabulous journey and your strength and spirit will see you through. We're fighters hon, through and through!

3 pounds is awesome!

I love Amber's suggestion to you for dressing at least 2 days a week. I am in my second year of school and for 2 semesters of it I had all online classes...making it real easy to just slack off on dressing and taking care of myself..I finally decided I had to pretend every day that I *had* to get ready for class and it did wonders for my self-esteem and mood. 2 days will be great for you and pretty soon I think you'll find yourself wanting to do it more and more! Love yourself like crazy lady and reward yourself with little things along your journey you've earned it!

Have a great day sweet lady!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:48 AM   #63
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Water flushes out all the fat so drink up, once you start getting it in, you will find you want it even more!!! What did you normally drink in day, soda? Ice tea? Juice? I know coffee dont mess with that, coffee is a good thing, water is a very good thing! You can do this, sounds yummy!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:00 AM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 290/279/195 ** 6'2
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 5/25/2014
Hey Jean, I will join you in the "Dressing Up" challenge. I work at home and I have morphed into such a slob! Sometimes I forget to brush my teeth! My hair! If I get busy and the day gets away from me, sometimes I forget to bathe as well! I dress like a hobo! OMG I just went to the store and forgot to get rid of my Hairy Heiffer Face. MORTIFIED when I remembered!! I don't bother to wear make up or do anything nice with my hair. I'm a mess. You are not the only one.

So, if you are up for it, I AM READY! I need to get into the habit of making an effort to gussy up. I have nothing to wear on a professional level-- dude, I'm a SAHM who goes nowhere and does nothing-- but I do have nice Oregonian Style clothing (Jeans and sweaters, lol) to wear THAT ARE NOT YOGA PANTS and I can bathe, do my hair, put on some make up and then not be completely horrified when I run into an old high school chum at the grocery store.

Whatcha think? Can we do it??

Do-Over Divas
Photos of My Low Carb Meals
glamazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:10 AM   #65
Blabbermouth!!!

Lordy, cannot tell you how thankful I am that I don't live anywhere near where I might run into anyone from school. Can't tell ya how many times I've run into the grocery and forgetting that I've either not brushed my hair or that I've got racoon eyes.. I've even gone with 2 different flip-flops before. Yes, I'm a total dork!
Old 01-12-2012, 10:20 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamazon View Post
Hey Jean, I will join you in the "Dressing Up" challenge. I work at home and I have morphed into such a slob! Sometimes I forget to brush my teeth! My hair! If I get busy and the day gets away from me, sometimes I forget to bathe as well! I dress like a hobo! OMG I just went to the store and forgot to get rid of my Hairy Heiffer Face. MORTIFIED when I remembered!! I don't bother to wear make up or do anything nice with my hair. I'm a mess. You are not the only one.

So, if you are up for it, I AM READY! I need to get into the habit of making an effort to gussy up. I have nothing to wear on a professional level-- dude, I'm a SAHM who goes nowhere and does nothing-- but I do have nice Oregonian Style clothing (Jeans and sweaters, lol) to wear THAT ARE NOT YOGA PANTS and I can bathe, do my hair, put on some make up and then not be completely horrified when I run into an old high school chum at the grocery store.

Whatcha think? Can we do it??
Ang! You are so funny - Hairy Heiffer Face. Can we do it? Absofreakinglutely!!! I'm all in!!!

I'm all about it!! I need to do it, I think everyone is right it will make me feel so much better.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:22 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Lordy, cannot tell you how thankful I am that I don't live anywhere near where I might run into anyone from school. Can't tell ya how many times I've run into the grocery and forgetting that I've either not brushed my hair or that I've got racoon eyes.. I've even gone with 2 different flip-flops before. Yes, I'm a total dork!
Ha Ha Danielle that is funny!! Again you guys are truly making me think I am not alone!! I appreciate it!!

Hey Danielle what part of Scottsdale are you in? I used to live in South right near downtown I loved it!!
Old 01-12-2012, 10:33 AM   #68
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by need2behealthy View Post
Ha Ha Danielle that is funny!! Again you guys are truly making me think I am not alone!! I appreciate it!!

Hey Danielle what part of Scottsdale are you in? I used to live in South right near downtown I loved it!!
I live North.. my hubbs used to work in South Scottsdale for years..and of course we do Fashion Square Mall for shopping!

And NO, you are definitely NOT alone chicky! I'm afraid you're stuck with us!
Old 01-12-2012, 10:46 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I live North.. my hubbs used to work in South Scottsdale for years..and of course we do Fashion Square Mall for shopping!

And NO, you are definitely NOT alone chicky! I'm afraid you're stuck with us!
Very cool!! Yeah when we lived here years ago we lived like walking distance from Fashion Show Mall. I was and I kind of still am an East Side girl. I love the East Side of town. To include Tempe.

But when we moved back I made the wrong decision to try the South west and now we can't move because I don't want to take my daughter out of school but as soon as she is done next year we are definitely moving back in that direction. Tempe, Laveen, Chandler somewhere in that area.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:48 AM   #70
Blabbermouth!!!

I don't know much about that area at all...I know how to get to Chandler Mall, Tempe Marketplace, and a coupla places for concerts. LOL We're hear for another 2 years after this school year until our youngest graduates and then we are San Francisco bound. I cannot wait!
Old 01-12-2012, 10:51 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I don't know much about that area at all...I know how to get to Chandler Mall, Tempe Marketplace, and a coupla places for concerts. LOL We're hear for another 2 years after this school year until our youngest graduates and then we are San Francisco bound. I cannot wait!
Oh wow!!! Back to California huh? My husband is originally from Oakland I am originally from Southern California.

I would love to go back to California but it is just so expensive.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:55 AM   #72
Blabbermouth!!!

I was born in Flagstaff and grew up in Southern Cali..my hubbs grew up mostly in the Bay Area, we lived there for about 9 years before moving to AZ. I have one daughter who's headed to San Fran next fall for art school and I'm pretty sure our youngest will end up somewhere out there as well.. my son will be here for the rest of college for his BA and then he wants to move to CA to get his master's... so we'll all be Cali bound at some point or another It is spendy but that is where I wanna grow old so we're gonna make it work!
Old 01-12-2012, 11:56 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Finally took my measurements
L&R Arm 24
Neck 20
Chest 61
Stomach 64
Hips 70
Left thigh 36
Right Thigh 39

I'm looking forward to seeing these numbers go down. I'm on bottle #3
Old 01-12-2012, 12:13 PM   #74

I beat you my stomach was 70" around!! LOL My thighs were 34" so you are not that far off of me, how tall are you? I am guessing you might be a little shorter than me? Neck, chest and arms are EXACTLY the same!!! I did it, you will do it too, I always say if I can do it anyone can! One day at a time!

I like the get gorgeous plan for you guys!!! You must be radiant!!! Honestly I know how it was when I was a stay at home Mom I didn't give a ****, I was getting fatter and fatter I stopped getting all dolled up and that was not like me!!! I figured I was home with a projectile puking baby, that never slept, LOL It is so easy to dig a rut and hard to get out, it just takes a few days of doing it and before you know it you will be like damn why was this so hard!

One other thing-change your avi, it says for the umpteenth time-I want it to say for the last time!
Old 01-12-2012, 12:30 PM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
I beat you my stomach was 70" around!! LOL My thighs were 34" so you are not that far off of me, how tall are you? I am guessing you might be a little shorter than me? Neck, chest and arms are EXACTLY the same!!! I did it, you will do it too, I always say if I can do it anyone can! One day at a time!

I like the get gorgeous plan for you guys!!! You must be radiant!!! Honestly I know how it was when I was a stay at home Mom I didn't give a ****, I was getting fatter and fatter I stopped getting all dolled up and that was not like me!!! I figured I was home with a projectile puking baby, that never slept, LOL It is so easy to dig a rut and hard to get out, it just takes a few days of doing it and before you know it you will be like damn why was this so hard!

One other thing-change your avi, it says for the umpteenth time-I want it to say for the last time!
Amber you truly give me something to look forward to. Sometimes I feel as if it is hopeless but you make me feel I can truly do this. Thank you so much!!! I am 5 "10". I am changing my avi right now!!! Reading that made me smile!! You are right!!! This is the very last time!!!
Old 01-12-2012, 12:38 PM   #76
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

*high five* to another Tall Glamazon! We can soooooOOOooo do this!
Old 01-12-2012, 01:34 PM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Can I pleasssseeee whine about water for a moment? I am not enjoying this water at all. But I'm getting through it. My goal is to drink 8 20 oz. today. Periodically I will be posting what number I'm on. I just think it will help me get to 8 each day. lol!!!

Down 3 !!!!
5 to go!!
Old 01-12-2012, 02:16 PM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: writermom
Stats: 196/187/145 5'5
WOE: WW PP
Start Date: November 15, 2010
Hi Jean,
I hate water too!!! God how I hate it, but I try my best.

Drink up, woman!
writermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:25 PM   #79
Senior LCF Member

4 down 4 to go
Old 01-12-2012, 02:26 PM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by writermom View Post
Hi Jean,
I hate water too!!! God how I hate it, but I try my best.

Drink up, woman!
Oh It is a challenge!! I'm trying that is for sure. My doctor also has me on water pills and between the two - let's just say I need to move my office in the restroom
Old 01-12-2012, 03:28 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member

5 down 3 to go
Old 01-12-2012, 03:31 PM   #82
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: nikkiluvslowcarb
Stats: 315 /164.4/ 155
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: June 7th 2011
Your doing great! And keep chugging that water.
nikkiluvslowcarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:36 PM   #83
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOW!!! Jean, you are a really beautiful woman. I am so happy you showed us your face! Maybe the next photo we can see a smile!
Old 01-12-2012, 04:47 PM   #84

Jean= that is you??? You are beautiful you are so getting that ass up and made up pretty look how beautiful you are!!!!!!!! And I am not blowing smoke up your ass!!! Yes in one month a new pic and you are going to be even more beautiful!!!! I am so proud of you and I like that you changed the signature!!! Taking this first step is the hardest and you are laying it all out there with nothing to hide------I like that!!!!! And I know you mean business!!!! I know your head is in the right place and that is the biggest battle!! No weight will be lost if your head is not in the game!

Keep on chugging!! You sure you weigh 445? You don't look like it in the pic! OMG I am so going to be all over you, LOL I am your new barnacle!!! LOL You are going to be Jennifer Hudson- wow I love her ads for WW, I always thought she was so pretty before when you see that one of her signing fat and skinny beside each other WOW!!! that is going to be you!!!! I think I am more excited than even you!!! I love to see people successful and happy wit themselves, when the girls are so proud of the weight loss or
that they exercised, I think they have to keep that feeling--that is the one that keeps you going!

I am proud to know you, and will do whatever I can to help you!
Old 01-12-2012, 05:07 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamazon View Post
WOW!!! Jean, you are a really beautiful woman. I am so happy you showed us your face! Maybe the next photo we can see a smile!
Thank you Ang!! Yeah I was trying to look sexy!! lol!!!
Old 01-12-2012, 05:10 PM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Jean= that is you??? You are beautiful you are so getting that ass up and made up pretty look how beautiful you are!!!!!!!! And I am not blowing smoke up your ass!!! Yes in one month a new pic and you are going to be even more beautiful!!!! I am so proud of you and I like that you changed the signature!!! Taking this first step is the hardest and you are laying it all out there with nothing to hide------I like that!!!!! And I know you mean business!!!! I know your head is in the right place and that is the biggest battle!! No weight will be lost if your head is not in the game!

Keep on chugging!! You sure you weigh 445? You don't look like it in the pic! OMG I am so going to be all over you, LOL I am your new barnacle!!! LOL You are going to be Jennifer Hudson- wow I love her ads for WW, I always thought she was so pretty before when you see that one of her signing fat and skinny beside each other WOW!!! that is going to be you!!!! I think I am more excited than even you!!! I love to see people successful and happy wit themselves, when the girls are so proud of the weight loss or
that they exercised, I think they have to keep that feeling--that is the one that keeps you going!

I am proud to know you, and will do whatever I can to help you!
Amber you are so funny!! Thank you again for the words of encouragement I can't even tell you how good it makes me feel Yeah this is a pic from about 5 years ago. In this pic I was about 375. I changed it because I wanted to have an avatar that would motivate me a little. I want to get back here and even smaller. I at least felt sexy and good about myself then. I definitely want it back!
Old 01-12-2012, 05:11 PM   #87
Senior LCF Member

6 down 2 to go!! Holy smokes I just might make my goal!!
Old 01-12-2012, 05:18 PM   #88

Of course you will hun!! You will get it all in, now when are you weighing? I cant wait for this first week weigh in on Monday! If you dont mind me asking, what do you think contributed to you gaining the excess weight in the last few years, like can you pinpoint something? That is always good to ID, were you always heavy?? Like I don't think I was skinny since I was 7- I think a lot of my issues go back to my Mom getting married and my step dad, that is when it all went to ****!!! Not an excuse but I do think lots of things in our childhood contribute to the reasons we let ourselves go,I think we have things happen in our childhood and we dont learn how to take care of ourselves the way we should! Nothing you have to share here, but maybe things to think about--so you can fight those demons!!! As I said there is a lot of mind clearing and stuff that goes along with it! You are going to be back at that pic and way below! I am telling you in as little as 5 months you could have a good 80-100 pounds off, no kidding, for real! Imagine being 345 under 350 by Memorial Day or even July 4th, that is totally possible with Atkins!
Old 01-12-2012, 08:06 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Well I made it to 7 which is 140 ounces. Tomorrow I need to make it to 9. Progress I guess. I never thought I would have made it to 7. I need to do 168 ounces a day. Crazy!! I hate water so much!!!
Old 01-13-2012, 03:11 AM   #90

Well hun you are doing it!!!! Did you ever see those little mio flavored water enhancers or something, maybe try adding that, its all artificial crap but no sweetener maybe that would help??? My Gram doesn't drink enough water I got those for her and I give her a liter and a half bottle and make her drink it when she is here, LOL she likes the mio. I will say once you get used to it you will crave it I do I get like nuts if I dont have a water bottle with me!

Ok what day is this #4 oh I cant wait!!!!