Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2012, 04:05 PM   #301
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: 215/152.6/150 5'9"
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
How are things in your world today Jean? Hoping you are busy and having a good time
kittycitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2012, 05:32 PM   #302
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: need2behealthy
Stats: 445/418.9/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 01-10-12 (for the last time)
Day 19 - Blogger I am sam

Well it is official that I blogging for me every morning is a habit. It is definitely a new habit that I am happy with because it is so therapeutic for me. I woke up super late this morning which is very rare for me but I didn't go to bed last night until about 1:30 up working pretty much the whole time. So this morning I didn't wake up until 11:30 which is very rare for me and to go and hit the road. I have been out and about all day long which is a good thing because it has caused me to be physically moving.

But it's funny because I felt like something was missing all day and I knew that I had missed my morning routine, which is blogging every morning.

So today is Day 19 and I am stronger than I have ever been in terms of what I need to do for myself and my health. My daughter is actually also on board. She is so funny, she told me that she was in line in the store and there was a guy behind her who had a tray of like Mexican Sweet Breads and Pastries and she felt herself getting just angry. lol!!! She said she was looking at him like really? She was thinking to herself what are you like having a party or something? So that caused me to say to her well honey if you want to get off this road you can. I am strong enough to do this by myself. She says to me no I don't want to. I said really? She said no I don't want to. I said oh I thought you were just doing this for me so that I would be stronger and she was like well it started out that way but now "I choose not to be fatter tomorrow as well".

I don't think I could have been more proud. I think we are actually going to do it this time. But as a family, which makes me super hopeful for my future.

Yesterdays Intake
1 Tilapia Filet
2 Tilapia steaks
1 Cheeseburger without the bread
Lots of water

My Goals
I need to eat more
I need to get more physical
need2behealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:34 PM   #303
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycitygirl View Post
How are things in your world today Jean? Hoping you are busy and having a good time
Hiya Kitty,

It has been one awfully busy day!!! But I have been physical for sure. I had to take the kid shopping so it was good.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:36 PM   #304
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipper75229 View Post
Good morning, Jean! I hope you are doing well today! I am finding I vary 10 lbs in weight during the week, so I don't panic if I weigh more today than I did yesterday. I just keep doing what I know is right and eventually things will change. Rome wasn't built in a day and our bodies fight to keep the status quo. We just have to keep reminding it who is in charge!
Have a great and wonderful day!!!
You are totally right and I definitely plan on doing that!!! I will be shocking the hell out of my system over the next couple of weeks. Very little carbs. Lots of protein and water. It's time to show this body whose boss for sure!!!
Old 01-28-2012, 07:24 PM   #305

I am so excited for your family! You are all going to be healthier! Yay for your DD!!!
Old 01-29-2012, 04:49 AM   #306
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: whipper75229
Stats: 189/165.6/145 5'3.25" Age 66
WOE: Diabetic - LOW CARB FOR LIFE!! A1C 5.6
Start Date: June 2010
That's wonderful to have your daughter with you on this! Be sure to eat more and do put fat in with your meals - it helps with the ketosis. Have you read dr. Atkins' books? You need to know how low carb works. You can eat a whole lot more than you are. Starving your body will end up having the reverse affect and you will be burning muscle instead of fat. There are also good carbs such as with vegetables that you can have. Just no starchy ones like potatoes. I'd really check out how to eat low carb. We want you healthy!!!

"What fits your busy schedule better, excercising one hour a day or being dead 24 hours a day?"
--Randy Glasbergen

BAD A$$ HONEY BADGER

Sandy
189/165.6/145 - 5'3.25" - Age 66 and going STRONG!
whipper75229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:22 AM   #307

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Jean- That is super about your daughter!!! Yeah for you and her, that is awesome at her age at 16 she could look at that junk and know it is not going to make her feel better!!Yes you totally need to eat more, and add some healthy fats you want to start out eating more so as you lose you can decrease and still keep losing. You are doing a super job! I am so proud of you!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:58 AM   #308

I do that too with grocery carts! LOL I have to bite my tongue! I want to go to them and say "Seriously!" Sometimes I feel like crying because they just don't get it. I want to go help them, but then, I'd probably be locked up as a crazy woman! I see many eating the way we did before starting our new WOE and it is sad. Kids lunches Got to bite the tongue though. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Yay for your DD! Maybe some of the other kids will see the changes in her and ask for advice!!!!! Educate her on how to respond!!!!! It may save another child!
Old 01-29-2012, 11:14 AM   #309
Senior LCF Member

Day 20 and eating is now hard

I'm on Day 20 and I can't believe it has been 20 days. It has also been 20 days where I still have not implemented some sort of exercising into my daily routine. My daily morning routine is pretty established with the blogging so now I just need to inject some exercising and get up off my ass and do it. Something fun such as the videos I found. I am just so fearful of the pain. Ok so Monday I'm going to do it. That would be a good goal to focus on. Even if I get through 1 minute it would be very simply to add another minute the next day.

Tomorrow is weigh in and I hope I don't see anymore added pounds. Because last week that was completely and totally devastating.

Everyone keeps telling me that I need to eat more, which I completely agree. The problem is that I am dealing with two evils here. My addiction and the desire to lose weight. It is definitely a double edged sword. In regard to my addiction I don't want to force myself to eat when I'm not hungry. In regard to losing I need to eat more in order to lose. It has gotten to a point where I'm just not hungry. Yesterday for example I boiled 2 chicken breasts and 6 eggs. I made deviled chicken eggs with cheese. The problem is I couldn't eat the 2 chicken breast and only ate 4 of the eggs and gave the rest to my dd. Next week I'm going to try and eat more meals throughout the day but like when I'm not hungry I just don't think about it. Maybe I can set an alarm on my computer that prompts me to eat now! Something's gotta work!!!

Yesterdays Intake
1 chicken breast with cheese
4 deviled eggs

Goals
Get completely prepared to start exercising each morning.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:19 AM   #310
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipper75229 View Post
That's wonderful to have your daughter with you on this! Be sure to eat more and do put fat in with your meals - it helps with the ketosis. Have you read dr. Atkins' books? You need to know how low carb works. You can eat a whole lot more than you are. Starving your body will end up having the reverse affect and you will be burning muscle instead of fat. There are also good carbs such as with vegetables that you can have. Just no starchy ones like potatoes. I'd really check out how to eat low carb. We want you healthy!!!
Hi Sandy,

The fat is one of the true fun things I love about this diet. Yes I have read the book. I have one of the first ones which I keep in my purse because whenever I have down time such as waiting for a doctor to call me or waiting for my daughter I pull it out to refresh my memory on it. I hear ya about the starving my body and I definitely don't intend to place any reverse affects on my body, this is the last thing I need. I for the most part try to eat when I'm hungry. But you are totally right it is now a struggle everyday hopefully I will find a happy medium
Old 01-29-2012, 11:20 AM   #311
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Jean- That is super about your daughter!!! Yeah for you and her, that is awesome at her age at 16 she could look at that junk and know it is not going to make her feel better!!Yes you totally need to eat more, and add some healthy fats you want to start out eating more so as you lose you can decrease and still keep losing. You are doing a super job! I am so proud of you!
Thanks sweetie!! I appreciate it. I'm going to try and catch up with whats going on with everyone on the boards. I miss the other boards so much. I am super proud of you as well what day are you on of not smoking?
Old 01-29-2012, 11:22 AM   #312
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I do that too with grocery carts! LOL I have to bite my tongue! I want to go to them and say "Seriously!" Sometimes I feel like crying because they just don't get it. I want to go help them, but then, I'd probably be locked up as a crazy woman! I see many eating the way we did before starting our new WOE and it is sad. Kids lunches Got to bite the tongue though. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Yay for your DD! Maybe some of the other kids will see the changes in her and ask for advice!!!!! Educate her on how to respond!!!!! It may save another child!
That is a great idea! I'm going to do exactly that. Especially as she begins to lose more.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:53 AM   #313
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Hey Jean,

Stay encouraged, you've been eating great! Don't give up the weight will fall off. It's hard not to be disappointed by that #, but you've been working hard on this journey!
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:05 AM   #314

Don't let whatever number shows up make you give up!!! It WILL come off! Sometimes it is just ornary and tries to wait us out

Have a great day hun!
Old 01-30-2012, 05:38 AM   #315
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: whipper75229
Stats: 189/165.6/145 5'3.25" Age 66
WOE: Diabetic - LOW CARB FOR LIFE!! A1C 5.6
Start Date: June 2010
Good morning, Jean! Have a great Honey Badger day!!! GRRRRRR!
whipper75229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:30 AM   #316
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Jean that's awesome about your daughter - you are both doing great!
janetsbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:34 AM   #317

Good morning hun!!! Get out there today and tear it up for me! I am on Day #12!!! I am doing induction very strict this week I dont know why I am gaining so much weight but it is going to come off for sure this week!!!!

Cant wait to see your weigh in, I know it is going to be awesome!!!
Old 01-30-2012, 08:09 AM   #318
Senior LCF Member

Day 21 and Weigh In day

Well today I will definitely be weighing in. I just hope and pray that the scale goes down not up. I think I need to set a time to also measure myself. Maybe every 2 weeks or so. I don't really have much to report today other than I love the fact that my morning doesn't seem complete without blogging. I also love that now must have a water bottle near me. I mean if I was to look back at my journals when I was getting prepared to go on this lifestyle and when I started this lifestyle I do see progress. Now to implement the exercising. I know that if I can do this 2 weeks straight it will also become a habit.

Yesterdays Intake
cheese omelete
2 Hamburger patties (Which I forced down)
And a very sad oopsie roll lol
Lots of water
Chicharrones (I need to stop eating them but they are so good-grrr)
Old 01-30-2012, 08:16 AM   #319

Jean you are doing great, don't force too much on yourself, but every little bit of moving helps! I think the scale is going to be your friend today but if it isn't and you need me to come and kick its ass I will, Its not you! It might be the meds or those chicharrones, but dont fret OK? You are doing great! But I am pretty sure it is going to be positive today!
Old 01-30-2012, 06:19 PM   #320

Agree with Amber. Don't do too much too soon. Slowly get some exercise started. It will come. The worst thing would be to hurt yourself and not be able to do it at all. Just do a little for a week, then up that a bit.

I too feel that scale will be good to you. If not, I will help Amber teach it a lesson for you! If it isn't moving, the measuring will show a change I'm sure.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:09 AM   #321

Jean- hey hun, did you make it, are you OK??? Fill us in!
Old 01-31-2012, 03:14 AM   #322

Have a great day hun.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:48 AM   #323
Senior LCF Member

Day 22 and 1 of my goals is accomplished ~ Journal Entry

Well it is now Day 22 and I did get one of my goals accomplished which was to eat more. It is definitely a hard thing when you are dealing with more than one evil. I wasn't able to get out of the house yesterday, I will hopefully be able to do it today. If not I have to take the kid tomorrow to the MVD so I will definitely be stepping out of the house tomorrow.

My husband is still eating how he chooses and surprisingly enough it is not bothering me. My husband I feel has also been in denial about his food addiction. I say that because he always wanted to blame me about falling off which made him fall him fall off. I now on my lifestyle have been going 22 days straight and he has already wavered from his. He keeps going to the convenience store to buy Fritos and then dumps loads of their chili and nacho cheese on it. And again surprisingly enough it has not bothered me. He keeps saying if yall are still on come the 10th I'm going to join you. But I keep thinking like what part of I'm changing my life do you not get. It's frustrating that he still kinds of doubts me. But I am stronger than I have ever been and this is definitely happening.

Yesterdays Intake
Breakfast-2 chicken breast topped with cheese and 2 overmedium eggs
Lunch-1 hamburger patty topped with a little pico de gallo
Dinner-1 hamburger patty and 1 boiled chicken breast and a little saucer of chorizo y huevos (at different times in the evening)
Old 01-31-2012, 07:58 AM   #324
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Hi Jean! Lookit you go, 22 days!!!

My husband still eats "his way" too and it makes it really hard for me some days... and I feel like you, as if he's sitting there waiting for me to fail. It used to really piss me off, now all it does is make me mad enough to keep going and never give up. I think I've suprised him The really sick part; he could lose the extra weight he needs to lose in probably a matter of weeks and be done with it. Seriously...weeks. Men!

Keep it up lady, you're doing fab!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:59 AM   #325
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Jean you are doing great, don't force too much on yourself, but every little bit of moving helps! I think the scale is going to be your friend today but if it isn't and you need me to come and kick its ass I will, Its not you! It might be the meds or those chicharrones, but dont fret OK? You are doing great! But I am pretty sure it is going to be positive today!
Yeah I totally need to leave those chicharrones alone. lol!!! I didn't go weigh yet. The day totally got away from me before I knew it, it was 8:30pm. Another day with no activity. I have to start getting up earlier which I could do if my husband would come to bed at a decent time instead of 2:30 am
Old 01-31-2012, 07:59 AM   #326
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Have a great day hun.
Have a super day kitty!!!
Old 01-31-2012, 11:06 AM   #327

Jean I am waiting and waiting and waiting!!! LOL
Old 02-01-2012, 04:45 PM   #328
Senior LCF Member

Day 23 and what a busy today has been

Today has been a busy day with doctors and MVD but it was a very cool day today because I had to wait in the waiting room to be seen and I was able to spend some really good time with my daughter. It's pretty amazing how quickly our kids grow up and I Thank God for my daughter as she is growing up to be an incredible young woman.

So after the doctor and after the MVD (which my daughter was super sad because she failed her permit test) we decided to get weighed. So I weigh in and I am 227 which is 1 pound less than last week which means that me shocking the hell out of my system is working. I didn't go up and I loss one pound. I wish it were more but I have to take into consideration that I am on these meds, which I refuse to stop taking. My daughter weighs in and whoosh!!! She has lost 13 pounds from the last time she weighed in which helped the sadness a little. I'm so proud of her and the decision she made on not being fat tomorrow because it is obviously working.

Yesterdays Intake
small bowl of chorizo y huevos
2 chicken breast stir fried with pasilla chilis
Pork Sausage with egg

My Goals
After weighing in I have come to realize that while I am on these meds if I want to lose significantly I'm going to have to exercise. That is all there is to it.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:56 PM   #329

Yay for you and for your daughter!

Yay for you not giving up or in!!!!

I'm sure she will pass the test next time. Does she have a certain amt. of time she has to wait until she can do it again?
Old 02-01-2012, 04:59 PM   #330
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Yay for you and for your daughter!

Yay for you not giving up or in!!!!

I'm sure she will pass the test next time. Does she have a certain amt. of time she has to wait until she can do it again?
Hiya Kitty,

Nope she can take it as many times as she wants. She just needs to study more.