Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2012, 05:25 PM   #271
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: 215/152.6/150 5'9"
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
Hun, you need to get out and about. Just get prettied up and say, I'm going to walk ____ far. Then, extend it a bit more tomorrow. A bit at a time. When we hole up for so long, we lose interest in the outside. Sometimes we just have to force it to get back to it.

You really aren't eating much. How many cal.s are you figuring it is? That def would cause issues for me!

Big hug hun!
kittycitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2012, 07:13 AM   #272
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: need2behealthy
Stats: 445/418.9/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 01-10-12 (for the last time)
Day 17 the battle continues ~ Journal Entry

It is now Day 17 whoo hoo!! I can't believe I've made it this far. There is a woman in one of the forums I belong to in LCF her name is Amber and she has been a total God send to me. She has been posting on LCF her everyday struggles and accomplishments on quitting smoking. She is at 7 days I believe as of yesterday. I am feeling a little bit of that type of accomplishment myself today. See food is how I have lived for quite some time. I lived to eat instead of eating to live. Now don't get me wrong I do have to say it totally helps that I am some what of a shut in. I hardly ever have to deal with the outside world and its temptation. Which is a part of what makes me think, why it is so difficult for me to get out of the house and take care of some business that I need to take care of. But today is the day! I feel super strong today! I feel as if I can get completely dress and totally have no worries once I hit the outside world. It is amazing how my life up until now has been so dictated by food. I still have to fight, everyday is a struggle, especially when you are addicting to something. But it is Day 17 and as of today I'm winning the battle.

One of the pluses of this diet is that you kind of lose your appetite. Yesterday I had a couple of pieces of meat and didn't eat again until about 7:00pm last night. It kind of helped that I was slammed yesterday with work (whoo hoo that is a good thing when a salesperson says they are slammed that means money money money lol). If I can get slammed like that everyday I probably would hardly ever eat which I'm not sure is a good thing either. I do however hate forcing myself to eat because of my addiction, I am trying to train myself mentally that I am only supposed to eat when I'm hungry. Which is not all day anymore on this lifestyle. But again it is Day 17 and as of today I feel that I'm winning the battle.

Yesterday's Intake
Couple of small pieces of leftover pork roast
Ground pork patties and frying cheese
need2behealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:19 AM   #273

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Now that is what I like to read, heck yeah Day 8 no smoking, of a 27 year battle with those cigs, if I can give them up you can get your skinny booty to the scale and see some awesome progress!!!!!! I know it is hard, there is food everywhere but you are stronger than the urges, like I would try to quit smoking and just give in cause God forbid I let something be uncomfortable, comfortable makes us complacent, never a good thing! The urge for smokes comes and goes and it is in those seconds when we choose not to buy food or smokes or whatever our addiction of choice is, that we make real progress within ourselves!! Those are the seconds of the days that count the most,and the more those seconds are filled with the right choices the easier it gets!

Now go get dressed, and shake it down to that scale I am thinking 398!! And that is freaking fantastic!
Old 01-26-2012, 07:21 AM   #274
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Jean you gotta get out there, you cant hide from the world and all its temptations, you are not going to be tempted by anything! Get your booty to the scale and I know when you see that number there is no way you are going to stray!

Spaghetti squash- I slice it in half longways, then I drizzle a little olive oil salt and pepper and bake it at like 375 for 45 minutes or so you can smell it and test it-- if the strings start pulling away it is done. Take it out and let it cool then scrape it all out and put in fridge for whenever you want it, Pesto is my favorite on it!
You are so right Amber!! From your lips to Gods ear! I truly hope the scale will be on my side. I can't wait to be able to purchase my own. From the looks of it I might be able to do it next month. This has been an ok month in sales so far.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:25 AM   #275
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by writermom View Post
Jean, I'm a writer and I work from home too. Believe me, I know the temptation to not get dressed, not brush your hair, not put makeup on, etc. But you will feel better if you do those things and try to get out at least once each day, even for a short while. I have a good writer buddy who also works from home and he goes to this little coffee shop near his house every morning. He gets dressed, walks down there, gets his coffee and just says hello to anyone he passes. Then he goes home and works. He's been doing this every morning for about 20 years and says it's the secret to his success. He also suffers from brutal depression and diabetes and this is one way he combats that.

I was single when I first started working from home 16 years ago and I worried I was becoming a recluse too. It's so easy to do, especially when you're really busy all the time with work. But I try to remember something my dad always said: "No one ever said on their death bed, gee I wish I had worked just one more day."

The other thing that I just want to point out is I could never exist on how little you are eating. Not eating enough can definitely sap your energy and make everything feel like too much effort. When I first started lc I was exhausted all the time but it went away after about 2 weeks and I started getting my energy back. Is there a reason why you eat so little? Are you not hungry or do you purposely not eat much?
Yes Laura the temptation overwhelms me everyday I literally after doing all of my morning hygiene basic rituals, walk straight to my computer. My husband is the same way. He also works from home.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:28 AM   #276
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipper75229 View Post
Get dressed, put your shoes on and go walk around the block! Your mission: Knock the fear in you on its a$$. Don't borrow trouble. No pity parties. No "what if, what if". Grab life with your Honey Badger teeth and shake it!!!! You are number one! You can take a half an hour or an hour away from anything you think you "should" be doing and be good to yourself! NO EXCUSES!! Get Going!!!
Ha Ha Thank you Sandy! Yes you are absolutely right!! I'm hoping by next week the medicine my doctor has me on for my legs will definitely allow me to be more physical. I am already seeing the difference each day, I literally will be at my desk working for hours on end and by the time I get up I'm in so much pain I am in tears. Well now that he has me on these medicines or whatever the pain is not as great. So the fear of doing something is not as great. But now there is a little bit of fear of temptation of the world. Not as much as fear of the pain of course.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:29 AM   #277
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Congrats on your awesome progress so far, Jean. Very cool.
Ahhh thanks Jayce! As I mentioned in my blog today it is an everyday struggle let me tell ya!! But I appreciate the words.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:31 AM   #278
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycitygirl View Post
Hun, you need to get out and about. Just get prettied up and say, I'm going to walk ____ far. Then, extend it a bit more tomorrow. A bit at a time. When we hole up for so long, we lose interest in the outside. Sometimes we just have to force it to get back to it.

You really aren't eating much. How many cal.s are you figuring it is? That def would cause issues for me!

Big hug hun!
I don't mean to not eat I just get so busy with work and stuff is why. Yes you are totally right about getting out. It will happen today for sure. Thank you so much for posting kitty. I really appreciate all of you ladies commenting and taking an interest in my journey.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:35 AM   #279
Senior LCF Member

Dear Everyone!

To all of you ladies, I'm going to get a little mushy here so beware-lol!! I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of your words of support and interest in my journey. Your words of encouragement and toughness such as "get off your butt" means so much to me. I appreciate you ladies more than you know. It is a discipline for me to not be on LCF all day because trust me I can and the reason I can is because of all you. If I did I would never get any work done lol!! Which is why now I only post and respond in the morning and then sometimes get back on after I get off work.

I just want you to know how much I appreciate all of you!!!
Old 01-26-2012, 07:37 AM   #280
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Jean we appreciate you too!!!

No matter where any of us are on our journey, we all struggle with lots of things and this forum is an amazing place with amazing people.
janetsbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:37 AM   #281
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Now that is what I like to read, heck yeah Day 8 no smoking, of a 27 year battle with those cigs, if I can give them up you can get your skinny booty to the scale and see some awesome progress!!!!!! I know it is hard, there is food everywhere but you are stronger than the urges, like I would try to quit smoking and just give in cause God forbid I let something be uncomfortable, comfortable makes us complacent, never a good thing! The urge for smokes comes and goes and it is in those seconds when we choose not to buy food or smokes or whatever our addiction of choice is, that we make real progress within ourselves!! Those are the seconds of the days that count the most,and the more those seconds are filled with the right choices the easier it gets!

Now go get dressed, and shake it down to that scale I am thinking 398!! And that is freaking fantastic!
Good Lord Amber from your mouth to Gods ears!! I don't think it will be that significant. I would be happy and blessed with just even a couple of pounds.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:55 AM   #282
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: writermom
Stats: 196/187/145 5'5
WOE: WW PP
Start Date: November 15, 2010
You can do this, Jean. No matter what our scales say, we really are all in the same situation--trying to eat better, treat our bodies better and feel better every day.
writermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:32 AM   #283

Yeah that is why I get nothing done at work, LOL This is much more fun, LOL I was being all strict not logging on I couldnt do it, LOL I say it all the time, I would have never succeeded the way I did without this board, it is truly a lifesaver in so many ways I hope they never get rid of it!

OK go get ready I want to see that stellar number!!!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:35 AM   #284
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: whipper75229
Stats: 189/165.6/145 5'3.25" Age 66
WOE: Diabetic - LOW CARB FOR LIFE!! A1C 5.6
Start Date: June 2010
Yay, Jean!!! Bare those Honey Badger teeth at temptation and Growl!!!! GRRRRRRRRRR!
We love you!
whipper75229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:51 PM   #285

LOL!!! I am a proud LCFs addict! They best not take my LCFs away or I will go honey badger on them!

Jean you are helping us as much as we are helping you! It is teamwork here! You are all my lifesavers!
kittycitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:12 AM   #286
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Morning Jean! Hope all is well with you this morning!
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:36 AM   #287
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jean, have a great day!
Old 01-27-2012, 06:19 AM   #288

Hey hun its Friday!!! TGIF!!!!!!
Old 01-27-2012, 07:00 AM   #289
Senior LCF Member

Morning, Jean! Have a wonderful Honey Badger day! GRRRRR
Old 01-27-2012, 07:28 AM   #290
Senior LCF Member

Day 18 My Journey to the outside world yesterday ~ Journal Entry

So yesterday I was able to go out into the world. You know fear is an amazing thing. It can prevent you to do things that are best for you. Before I go and start on my journey to the outside world I had to stop for gas, now this use to be an experience of coffee and some sort of pie, apple or cherry or maybe even both. Let's just say I kicked Circle K in its ass. But the best part is I didn't even realize I had done it until I got home when my husband asked me if I cheated. I bee-lined for the water and then I purchased a cup of coffee and my my gas. I didn't even look at the cakes and cookies and the best part is I didn't look at them with no effort. I put on one of my cd's and as I drove all over my city yesterday taken care of my business and I partied. I never even gave the evil Taco Smell or Jack in the Crack a second thought. The funny thing is it wasn't an actual effort. It wasn't like I saw Jack in the Box and said boy I sure could go for a shake right now. The thought never came to me and for me, if you only knew, is such a huge battle, THAT I WON!!!!

So when I get home my husband asks me if I cheated (cause he knows how I used to be-I can't even tell you how good it is to say that-let me say it again, cause he knows how I used to be hee hee) I was able to tell him no, very strongly and then I proceed to tell him I am choosing to change my life and I begin to tell him my experience walking into Circle K and hit me like a brick-I kicked Circle K in its ass honey badger style. As I begin to realize the win I began to get emotional as it is super overwhelming for me and I just simply start crying because as I'm realizing that I beat Circle K I'm also realizing that I didn't give any of the fast food places that I am sure I passed a second thought.

So before I left I promised Amber that I would get weighed in. My husband and I both go to get weighed in only for me to find out that I have gained 10 pounds. This put a very discouraging and disappointing cap to my great day. My minds starts to race as I try to search for all the things I ate and why this is happening to me, I'm thinking the sodium maybe I ate to much sodium, I think the ladies were right I must not be eating enough and then last night my brain starts to think what is different this week from last week? I have received 2 meds for my legs. I look up the meds on google to find out their side effects and OMG!
Gabapentin Capsules
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome when using Gabapentin Capsules:

Clumsiness; constipation; diarrhea; dizziness; drowsiness; dry mouth; nausea; stomach upset; tiredness; vomiting; weight gain.
Amitriptyline/Chlordiazepoxide
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome when using Amitriptyline/Chlordiazepoxide:

Abnormal skin sensations; bloating; blurred vision; constipation; diarrhea; disturbed concentration; dizziness; drowsiness; dry mouth; headache; loss of appetite; nausea; restlessness; tiredness; upset stomach; vomiting; weakness; weight gain
Heartbreak does not even describe what I felt last night. I completely broke down, my husband even had to come and truly console me. I lost it!! Here I am trying so hard, harder than I have ever tried in my life and weight is sneakin in through the back door. I was devastated last night. Devastated! So I think I went through 2 stages of grief. I went from devastation to pissed off. I can't stop taking the meds because they are actually working but I can kick my system in the ass and push harder than I have pushed the past 2 weeks honey badger style. More strict and eat more. Watch my sodium and get my fat ass up and start moving.

I CHOOSE TO BE HEALTHY! I DON'T CHOOSE TO BE FATTER TOMORROW! It's just that simple.

Yesterday Intake
Chorizo topped Tilapia
2 baked chicken legs 2 boneless pieces of chicken thigh (I forced the chicken the second chicken let)
120 ounces of water

Last edited by need2behealthy; 01-27-2012 at 07:29 AM..
Old 01-27-2012, 07:40 AM   #291
Senior LCF Member

Oh Jean, you have no idea how PROUD I am of you!!!! That is a HUGE accomplishment!!!! I just wish I was there to hug you!!
Don't worry about the 10 lbs. Seriously! Just keep on truckin' - remember, it is a day at a time and forget about yesterday! Just show up and suit up and put one foot in front of the other and do the next RIGHT thing in front of you. Be good and loving to yourself!

F.E.A.R = FALSE EVIDENCE APPEARING REAL

And Bare those Honey Badger teeth at temptation and Growl!!!! GRRRRRRRRRR!

"What fits your busy schedule better, excercising one hour a day or being dead 24 hours a day?"
--Randy Glasbergen

BAD A$$ HONEY BADGER

Sandy
189/165.6/145 - 5'3.25" - Age 66 and going STRONG!
Old 01-27-2012, 07:55 AM   #292
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipper75229 View Post
Oh Jean, you have no idea how PROUD I am of you!!!! That is a HUGE accomplishment!!!! I just wish I was there to hug you!!
Don't worry about the 10 lbs. Seriously! Just keep on truckin' - remember, it is a day at a time and forget about yesterday! Just show up and suit up and put one foot in front of the other and do the next RIGHT thing in front of you. Be good and loving to yourself!

F.E.A.R = FALSE EVIDENCE APPEARING REAL

And Bare those Honey Badger teeth at temptation and Growl!!!! GRRRRRRRRRR!
Ahhhh Sandy!! Thanks so much it was a day full of emotion let me tell ya!!! I could have definitely used one of those hugs last night. But today is another day and I definitely plan on continuing to keep truckin just call me Tonka!
Old 01-27-2012, 07:58 AM   #293
Senior LCF Member

Yay, Jean! Or should I say Tonka!
Old 01-27-2012, 08:02 AM   #294

Oh hun I know how it is, that is how I feel with the Chantix, the difference is this med is helping you move and that is a good thing, and its not like youa re going to keep gaining probably this first week on it messed with you, followed by the huge loss of the first week, now eat a little more, watch sodium, keep on getting up and moving, and it will adjust!

You have so many positives in the above, beating temptations is the biggest battle, we are so used to soothing our worries with food that is what got us here, you made the choice to say NO, and those choices add up to a skinny mini Jean in year!!!! I am so proud of you!!!!!

It was so good to talk to you too!!! I am so here for you!!!! Go Monday and weigh I bet you are down!!!!
Old 01-27-2012, 01:02 PM   #295
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: writermom
Stats: 196/187/145 5'5
WOE: WW PP
Start Date: November 15, 2010
Awesome day 18, Jean!!! You had me laughing with the Jack in the Crack!
writermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:06 PM   #296
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jean, you are still doing great! Fluctuations in the scale are to be expected - just keep staying the course!
Old 01-27-2012, 08:30 PM   #297

Hun, the meds are probably only adding some water weight. Don't sweat it. Keep working it! As your health improves, you most likely will have adjusted meds and maybe a change or none in the future. That water will go away one day. You know you are losing fat. Water is just hanging around for a bit. It will be gone too. Don't let it get you down. Talk to your doc about the gain. There might be an alternative med too, or at least the doc may be able to give you some positive to look forward to.

We are so proud of what you have done and are doing!

Big hugs hun!
Old 01-28-2012, 08:11 AM   #298
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycitygirl View Post
Hun, the meds are probably only adding some water weight. Don't sweat it. Keep working it! As your health improves, you most likely will have adjusted meds and maybe a change or none in the future. That water will go away one day. You know you are losing fat. Water is just hanging around for a bit. It will be gone too. Don't let it get you down. Talk to your doc about the gain. There might be an alternative med too, or at least the doc may be able to give you some positive to look forward to.

We are so proud of what you have done and are doing!

Big hugs hun!

Kitty's so right! It's water hanging on for sure. Keep it up lady, you CAN do this and the weight WILL come off!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 08:14 AM   #299
Senior LCF Member

Good morning, Jean! I hope you are doing well today! I am finding I vary 10 lbs in weight during the week, so I don't panic if I weigh more today than I did yesterday. I just keep doing what I know is right and eventually things will change. Rome wasn't built in a day and our bodies fight to keep the status quo. We just have to keep reminding it who is in charge!
Have a great and wonderful day!!!
Old 01-28-2012, 08:39 AM   #300
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Have a great weekend Jean!