Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2012, 12:56 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Justice
Stats: 202/180/135
WOE: Atkins influenced whole foods
Justice Rising

So here it is. Another new year...another new journal. As you can see from my join date, I've been around these parts for a while...a decade in fact. It has been an incredibly blessed decade. Married the man of my dreams, created two amazing human beings, landed my dream job, and had countless amazing trips, time with friends, etc. But let's get real, hanging over all of this has been my struggle with weight and my obsession with gaining control of it. I have gone back and forth between about every plan out there. Most recently spending several years in a ping pong between Weight watchers (WW) and low carb. Here are some things I've learned:

-I am a carb addict. One is never enough. This is why WW does not work for me. Allowing refined carbs in my diet makes me crazy. It means all I think about is food, what my next meal is going to be, and how to fit the most possible foods into a point allowance. Please don't take this as a bash on WW, I think it is a great plan for people who are not crazy carb addicts. In fact, I desperately wanted it to work for me (works for many of my girlfriends). I need to accept that I am different, my body/brain chemistry is my own and I need to embrace what works for me.

-I like to exercise, but at this point in my life I am not willing to dedicate the time it takes to be an exercise fiend. This means that I need to focus on my diet and exercise to support physical and mental health, not as a hobby.

-When I feel in control of my eating plan, I am a better mother, wife, homemaker, employee, friend. I stop obsessing and can use that space in my brain for other things.

Thos are just a few tidbits I need to keep in mind as I embark in changing the way I eat permanently. I am committed to this. I will come here daily and post. I am going to borrow a page from Glamazon’s journal and post questions that I will answer each day. Be back with those questions after family nap time. Gotta love vacation!
Justice is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2012, 07:51 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Weight:

-0 pounds from highest 202.2

67.2 pounds left to goal 135

30 pounds left to Honey Badger Goal of 172.2

Plan Today:

Atkins Induction influenced eating. No counting. Just good whole food.

Exercise:3

Runs per week: 1 of 3 -Today's run 3 miles in 42:08

Strength Training 2 times per week: 0 of 2

Sit-ups and Push-ups 7 times per week: 1 of 7

Vitamins:

Multi-vitamin
Vitamin D
Kreel Oil

Breakfast:
Coffee with half and half and 2 splendas
2 ounce Jimmy Dean all-natural sausage patty
1 egg fried

Lunch:

Diet pepsi
Trident Salmon Patty from Costco with tomato, onion, and home-made tarter sauce

Dinner:

Two chicken thighs with home-made coconut curry sauce and onions
Mixed greens with toasted almonds

Snacks:

None

Was I intentional about my food choices?

Absolutely! This is the most important question for me. If I am going to make this a life style, I need to consider this everyday.

Did I Drink Enough Water?

Yes

Did I Feel Good Today?

I felt OK. I know my body is detoxing, so did not expect to feel like a rock star. Have a slight pain in my middle left abdomen. I think it is probably heartburn.

Did I Sleep Well Last Night?

Yes. I generally sleep really well, except when I am in deep ketosis. Then my sleep sometimes gets restless. I plan to keep a close eye on this.

Was I child focused today?

Yep. I spent a lot of time playing trains. Even took a cozy nap with DS#1. He is 5 and quickly growing up. I savour cuddle time, because I am not sure how much longer he will allow it.

Did I take care of business around the house?

Sure did. DeChristmased the house.

Do I remember how much of my life I’ve spent obsessing about food issues?

Yes and it stops today!

Notes:

Off to a good start! At delicious food today. Feel satisfied and focused on the things that are important to me.

Successful Day Count: Day 1 success !
Old 01-02-2012, 08:15 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 283/276.6/180 ** 6'2
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: 9/4/2012
Yes! Love the report, it's perfect! I am so looking forward to reading more, getting to know you better and CHEERING YOU ON!

*ahem* Profile pic please!!
glamazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:10 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Ummm....down 3.2 pounds this morning. Apparently, I was a bloated mess. No wonder my body felt a bit off. Shedding 3.2 pounds in 24 hours is exhausting.

Glam, I need to figure out how to post a profile picture. I'll do that today.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:58 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Hello! Thought since we're in the honeybadger challenge together I'd pop in and check on ya! Your first post here I so could've written. I can't tell ya how many times I've jumped into the WW pool only to gain weight and be so carb-bloated I couldn't move! I wish it would work for me too but it just doesn't. I feel the best when I'm eating higher protein and fat and staying far away from sugar and starch too.

You're doing beautifully so far, I'm excited to see how far you'll get with our challenge! Good luck!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:21 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Weight:

-3.2 pounds from highest 202.2

64 pounds left to goal 135

26.8 pounds left to Honey Badger Goal of 172.2

Plan Today:

Exercise:
3 Runs per week: 1 of 3

Strength Training 2 times per week: 1 of 2

Sit-ups and Push-ups 7 times per week: 2 of 7

Vitamins:
Multi-vitamin
Vitamin D
Kreel Oil

Breakfast:
Full Fat Yogurt with Flax and splenda

Lunch:
Diet pepsi
Broccilli Cheddar Soup

Dinner:
Buffalo chicken meatballs
Mixed Greens with blue cheese dressing

Snacks:
Colby Cheese and peanut butter
Dark Chocolate

Kind of. I was really hungry today. Kind of weak and shaky after my weight work out. Instead of sitting down and eating a snack, I sort of grazed. Hence the cheese, peanut butter and dark chocolate. Need to figure out how I am going to balance fairly intense exercise with lower carbs.

Yes

Did I Feel Good Today?
I felt OK. Felt pretty weak and exhausted most of the day after my work out with weights at 10:00.

Yes.

Yep.

Not so much. Too exhausted to do much but keep up with the boys.

Yes. No more.

Notes:
I need to figure out the carb exercise balance. Was really exhausted today and don't have time for that. I may try to up my carbs a bit tomorrow and record in ******. That dosen't mean I am going to start pounding cookies/sugar. I may try adding some fruit before my run tomorrow. It is all about remaining intentional. I will not stop until I have this figured out.

Successful Day Count: 2

Last edited by Justice; 01-03-2012 at 09:25 PM..
Old 01-04-2012, 04:59 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Psmileyf
Stats: 215/193 on WW/174since LC Aug 1st/166
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8/1/2011
I love these reports!
The first few days of LC there was no way I could have exercised. I barely could stand up straight and almost fell walking around corners.
Could you take a few days off from exercise until your body gets used to being LC?
I ate blue berries when I had to up my carbs a little...or a cup of tea with honey.

Anyhow, you are doing great!
Psmileyf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 06:57 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the advice, PFSmiley. I think I am going to take it a little easier on exercise, e.g., go for walks instead of runs for the next couple of weeks. I see myself repeating a pattern that I've done in the past -- not giving my body a chance to adjust.

DesertGurl: Good to see you! I am excited to go on this crazy Honey Badger journey with you!

Well off to work today after working very little over the Holidays. Things are going to be crazy, but it feels good to be getting back into a routine.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:59 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Have a great Low Carb day, Justice!
Old 01-04-2012, 09:15 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Hope you're having a great day and feeling better!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 02:21 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Hi Journal,

It's me...Jess. I am sure you missed me. I know you have nothing to do but wait here for me to post. Instead I've ignored you and let you get all the way to page 3. I can make all sorts of excuses about how busy work is, how I want to spend free time with the family, but I know that you know, that if I wanted to make your a priority, I would find that time. So today, I a committing to you. I promise to come and visit you everyday, through the good and the bad, the busy and the slow, and on the most perfect on-plan day and on the day I may not do so well, e.g., burying my face in a plate of nachos and washing it down with white wine. Thanks for being patient with me. I am learning. I promise you won't end up like your predecessors who ended up on pages 40, 80, and 120. I will see you later tonight to post my report.

Much love,

Jess
Old 01-15-2012, 02:36 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dear Jess,

Yes, I totally understand and support you unconditionally. I know it is so hard to get in here and make a report, but it is so important. You don't have to spend a lot of time on me (and reading glamazon's and the honey badger's theads? fuggeddaboutit, those *****es can waste loads of your family time with all their blather.) Just get in and get out and stay on track no matter what. Your friends will come in here and give you lots of support, they understand. When you have more free time you can spend more time here giving everyone more attention. Until them, I look forward to your quick daily report. You can do it!

Love,
Your Journal

Flabazon to Glamazon
Photos of My Low Carb Meals
Old 01-15-2012, 09:51 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Weight:

-5 pounds from highest 202.2

62.2 pounds left to goal 135

25 pounds left to Honey Badger Goal of 172.2

Plan Today:

Exercise:

Sit-ups and Push-ups 7 times per week: 0 of 7

Vitamins:

Multi-vitamin
Vitamin D
Kreel Oil

Breakfast:

Hunk of beef stick (had to run outside to play in the "snow", which was really no more than a heavy frost)

Lunch:
ribeye soup: beef broth, left over ribeye, onion, garlic, butter, sour cream

Dinner:

2 tortilla chips with chopitle bean dip
chipotle rubbed New York Strip Steak
Southwestern Ceasar Salad
1 Tablespoon mashed sweet potatos
1 bite chipotle smores brownies
2 glasses red wine

Snacks:

none

Definitley. I had a dinner paty tongiht that we have quarterly with 4 couples. I is all about cooking and trying new recipes. We've been doing it for 7 years. This year we are doing a seceret ingredient theme. Tonights ingredient was chipotle. My strategy going in was to eat lots of good on-plan food and take one bit of everything else and I did it!

Yes

Did I Feel Good Today?

Yep

Yes.

Yep. Need to figure out limits for i-pad time, though.

Yep!

Yes. No more.

Notes:

Feel great today. Had a challenging social event that I handled gracefully. Good stuff. Off to watch the DVRed Golden Globes. I heart awards shows. It is one of my closet obessions.

Successful Day Count: 1 (starting over. Need to be intentional to count a day as success. Can't say I've done that over the past week.)
Old 01-16-2012, 07:44 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hurray for sticking to your plan during your dinner party! I know how hard that is! You did it! I like award shows, too-- My SIL loves them more, so we always get together, wear tiaras and gamble on the outcomes-- whoever guesses the most right wins like a $20 stabucks card or something like that. Unfortunately, my mother ALWAYS wins because she's an EW nut and actually studies up.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:55 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Still here...Still on plan. Not going to do my full report tonight as I am up against a deadline for work tonight, but good strong low carb day! Weighed in at 197.2 this morning.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:28 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

I am back. Here is the good news..I am down about 10 pounds from last time I was here. I weighed in at 188 this morning. Not a lot, but it may be one of the first times I've come back here weighing less than when I left.

Let me tell you a little bit about my time away. I spent some time trying to focus on my relationship with food. I didn't follow rigid rules, though I did follow general low carb food principals. I ran 2-3 times as week and completed a 5K and 10k. I focused on family, work, friends, home, and running instead of diet, food, creating a eating WOL. In short a broke out of my diet yo-yo which has hung over my life for the last ten years. I rarely came here. I gave up my weight watchers account. I focused on life.

So, why am I back? I am ready to refocus on losing weight once and for all. Not in the obsessive way,e.g., What is going to be my life time plan, I must decide today forever, but instead by putting one foot in front of the other each day. I think that focusing on eating low carb, whole foods, mostly organic is what is healthiest for me and my family and that is why I am here. This place is supportive, has great recipes, and the general principals are ones that I want to incorporate into my life. I also think it is helpful for me to journal and hold myself accountable.

So the plan: I turn 35 in late December and I will be at a healthy BMI by then. For me that is around 150. 135 is really a vanity goal but I am keeping it as my shoot for the Stars in 2013 goal. I will come here daily and answer the questions I created in January. They remain relevant and will help me stay focused. I will not lose the sense of balance I've achieved by breaking the cycle. If I feel that happening, I will take a immediate action. I will do all this while eating delicious whole foods. What a great time of year to have that as part of my plan, e.g., berries, fresh greens.

It is good to be back. I am off to the Farmer's Market, TJ's, and Costco. Plan to come home with a bounty of whole foods (and maybe some peonies which are so beautiful right now).
Old 06-09-2012, 07:14 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Weight:

-13.4 pounds from highest 202.2

53.8 pounds left to goal 135

Plan Today:

Exercise:

3 Runs per week: 0 of 3

Didn't run today. Looking forward to 2.8 tomorrow

No strength training. Will do some on Monday.

Sit-ups and Push-ups 7 times per week: 1 of 7

10 push -ups and two planks at 30 seconds each (weak I know, but will build up)

Vitamins:

Multi-vitamin
Vitamin D
Kreel Oil

Breakfast:

1/6 of a a crustless spinach, mushroom, onion, feta quiche
Tbs of organic ketchup

Lunch:
crackslaw with chicken
water

Dinner:
Bunless burger made with organic beef topped with tomato and greens
mayo/ketchup dipping sauce
2 good size glasses of pinot noir

Snacks:

1 ounce of colby jack cheese
1/4 cup blueberries

Yup. Overall I was pretty good. I probably didn't need the cheese and blueberries I sampled while making a snack for the boys, but not going to beat myself up over it.

No. Just filled up my water bottle for 16 oz before bed. Will be better tomorrow.

Did I Feel Good Today?

Pretty good. Felt a little sluggish in the afternoon, but I am cutting carbs lower than I've been in awhile so that is to be expected.

Ok. Not great.

Pretty much. Had a great family bike ride to the Farmer's Market. Burned off those blueberries and the cheese I had for snack. Do need to spend a little less time on the computer. I need to figure out some good ways to put up boundaries.

Nope. Had a great day today, but the house is a mess. Did stock up on good healthy food. Will clean tomorrow.

Yes. That is no longer who I am.

Notes:

Felt pretty good today. A little off as my body is getting use to less carbs, but that will be short lived. Feels good to be moving towards a goal again.

Successful Day Count: 1
Old 06-10-2012, 09:37 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Glad to see you back, Justice! You can do it!

Look into getting "Cold Turkey Internet Block" installed on your computer-- it's free and it works-- It helps me stay off the net to get stuff done!

Have a nice day!
Old 06-10-2012, 06:44 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Good to see you, Glam. I will to swing by and check out your journal. Love the idea of the Cold Turkey Internet Block. I will check it out. Really Facebook and this site are my issues. I did well today staying off. Part of it is just closing my computer instead of leaving it open on our Island.

What a great Oregon day today! Hope you were able to enjoy the sun.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:13 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Weight:

-14.4 pounds from highest 202.2

52.8 pounds left to goal 135

Plan Today:

Exercise:

2.8 miles; 12:15 minute miles

No strength training. Will do some on tomorrow.

Sit-ups and Push-ups 7 times per week: 2 of 7

10 push -ups and two planks at 30 seconds each

Vitamins:

Multi-vitamin
Vitamin D
Kreel Oil

Breakfast:

Flax muffin, organic butter, cheese and 1/4 cup blueberries

Lunch:
Thyme citrus pork, crackslaw, greens with goat cheese and a couple craisins
water

Dinner:

artichoke
mayo/parm dipping sauce
Garlic butter dipping sauce
2 small glasses of pinot noir

Snacks:

1 ounce of colby jack cheese
rosemary almonds

Yup. Felt really good about my food choices today.

Again, didn't do a great job. It is easier for me on the weekdays.

Did I Feel Good Today?

Pretty good other than my run.

Yup.

Had a great day with the fam. BBQ, playing outside, limited computer time!

Yep doing that now while the boys watch a movie.

Sure do.

Notes:

Felt good. My run was not great. I could really tell I was operating on less carbs. I know my body will get used to burning fat as fuel, but it will take a few weeks. Did a good job with self talk on my run. Goal is to burn fat, not win a race. I can be patient with my body.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:48 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Weight:

-15.4 pounds from highest 202.2

51.8 pounds left to goal 135

Plan Today:

Exercise:

Next run on Wednesday

Not time today. Will fit one in tomorrow.

Sit-ups and Push-ups 7 times per week: 3 of 7

10 push -ups and 20 crunchs on each side

Vitamins:

Multi-vitamin
Vitamin D
Kreel Oil

Breakfast:

Flax muffin, organic butter,13 cup full fat cottage cheese

Lunch:
1/2 Nordstrom Cobb Salad with ranch
water

Dinner:

Left over hamburger from Saturday
Mayo/BBQ Dipping sauce

Snacks:

Habenaro BBQ almonds
1 onion ring and 5 sweet potato fries, Glass of white wine (Work Happy Hour)

Yes! Had a work happy hour tonight. No good options for food and new I needed a little something if I was having a glass of wine. Took a small amount on my plate and didn't touch the rest. Felt very empowering.

Again, no. Going to drink 100 ozs tomorrow. Fill my water bottle 4 times.

Did I Feel Good Today?

Felt really good. Think I am starting to get a bit of an energy surge.

Really well.

Not a lot of a family time as I worked today. Was present before and after work though which is sometimes a challenge.

Nope. Going to try getting up at 6:00 tomorrow to see if I can get some stuff done before the boys wake up.

Absolutely.

Notes:

Small victory today with happy hour. Typically this would have been a derailer for me. Or I would have obsessed about what I would eat to the point that I would not enjoy it. Didn't even think about it other than to consider the amount I would eat and stick to it. Admittedly this would be more of a challenge for me if sugar was involved, but overall pretty please. Off to watch Tudors with the Hubby!

Successful Day Count: 3
Old 06-12-2012, 09:16 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Weight:

-15.6 pounds from highest 202.2

51.6 pounds left to goal 135

Plan Today:

Exercise:

Need to figure out how to get this in. Will do two before weeks end.

Sit-ups and Push-ups 7 times per week: 4 of 7

Vitamins:

Multi-vitamin
Vitamin D
Kreel Oil

Breakfast:

Greek yogurt, peanut butter, flax

Lunch:
Thyme citrus pork, greens with feta and a couple craisins
Diet crush
water

Dinner:
Broccoli cheddar soup
salad with roasted walnuts, goat cheese, garden beets, chives
Berries with whip cream
Couple glasses pinot gris

Snacks:

1 ounce of colby jack cheese with peanut butter

Felt pretty good. Ate a few too many berries and had one more glass of wine than intended. However, could have gone head first into fresh artisan bread and pound cake and "started tomorrow". Didn't do this. So I am going to call it intentional. I felt in control.

Man, I need to do a better job here.

Did I Feel Good Today?

Pretty good. I don't think I had enough to eat a lunch. Felt a little off around 2:00. Had been running after boys all day at the local science museum and really felt like my blood sugar was probably low. Need to remember to have a snack along. Got home and had a piece of cheese with peanut butter and felt great.

Not great. Poor DH had a horrible allergy attack.

Yep. Took boys to OMSI. Good day.

No, but the house cleaner did

True that.

Notes:

Great day today. Hung with my boys. Came back to a clean house and had dinner with high school friends from out of town. Food was perfectly placed throughout the day. I ate delicious meals but it was not the focus of my day. Time with my boys, good friends and good food. In my world, that is a perfect day.

Old 06-13-2012, 08:31 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Weight:

-15.6 pounds from highest 202.2

51.6 pounds left to goal 135

Plan Today:

Exercise:

Didn't happen today.

Sit-ups and Push-ups 7 times per week: 5 of 7

Vitamins:

Multi-vitamin
Vitamin D
Kreel Oil

Breakfast:

Banana flax muffin, butter and 1/3 cup cottage cheese

Lunch:
half of a Nordstrom Cilantro Lime chicken Salad
water

Dinner:
Broccoli cheddar soup
water

Snacks:

Americano with cream and two splendas
peanut butter, baker's chocolate, little splenda, little heavy cream (needed something sweet)

Yes

Did better, but still need to get in a little more.

Did I Feel Good Today?

Yes. Felt really great!

Yep.

Didn't get to spend a lot of time with the boys today. Worked long hours Loved on them when I could.

Yep.

True that.

Notes:

No change in weight today but feeling really good. Hope to see some downward movement tomorrow. Just made plans to go away overnight for the weekend and will be in a swimsuit. Love to see 185 before we leave.

Successful Day Count: 5
Old 12-08-2012, 07:52 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Here I am again. I haven't been around. Life got crazy with soccer, cub scouts, and College Football. Work got crazy with meetings, travel, etc. And it took everything I had to make it through the day and come home and make a nutritious meal for my family.

The good news. I am actually down 3 pounds from where I was in June. I really think 2012 was a game changer for me. I spent very little time obsessing about food and diet. Overall, I ate generally low carb, whole organic foods. I started thinking about health and how I felt as much as how I looked. Don't get me wrong, I still want to fit into cute jeans, etc, but there are other factors I consider now. Maybe I am becoming wiser as I close in on 35.

So why am I here now? I know the holidays will be a challenge because of all the sweet treats. Throughout this year, one of the things I've done fairly consistently is to avoid sugar. I can eat one our two potato chips or a slice of bread and, while I feel bloated, I can stop. Sugar is my drug. One is never enough. So I have to be very intentional when it comes to eating sugar. I am really going to focus on avoiding it generally. If there are a few different treats that I really want, I am going to have a single serving and be done. I will also make sure that the treat is worth having to fight the inner voice that says, "More!"

I plan to come here most days through the holiday season. Report and be honest. I've had a great 2012 and I don't want to end it with a gain. In my perfect world, I would end 2012 at 177.2 which would represent a 25 pound loss. for the year. It would also get me to my lowest point since having my 6-year-old, meaning I would start 2013 with virgin weight loss. In my realistic world, I am going to focus on intentional food choices, eat mostly whole organic foods, weigh daily, report here, and maintain through the holidays.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:03 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: limetwist
Stats: [5'8"] 230/IT IS A MYSTERY/135ish
WOE: Low carb - Intermittent fasting
Start Date: 01/2011, got lazy/married, rebooting FOR REAL 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice View Post
Here I am again. I haven't been around. Life got crazy with soccer, cub scouts, and College Football. Work got crazy with meetings, travel, etc. And it took everything I had to make it through the day and come home and make a nutritious meal for my family.

The good news. I am actually down 3 pounds from where I was in June. I really think 2012 was a game changer for me. I spent very little time obsessing about food and diet. Overall, I ate generally low carb, whole organic foods. I started thinking about health and how I felt as much as how I looked. Don't get me wrong, I still want to fit into cute jeans, etc, but there are other factors I consider now. Maybe I am becoming wiser as I close in on 35.

So why am I here now? I know the holidays will be a challenge because of all the sweet treats. Throughout this year, one of the things I've done fairly consistently is to avoid sugar. I can eat one our two potato chips or a slice of bread and, while I feel bloated, I can stop. Sugar is my drug. One is never enough. So I have to be very intentional when it comes to eating sugar. I am really going to focus on avoiding it generally. If there are a few different treats that I really want, I am going to have a single serving and be done. I will also make sure that the treat is worth having to fight the inner voice that says, "More!"

I plan to come here most days through the holiday season. Report and be honest. I've had a great 2012 and I don't want to end it with a gain. In my perfect world, I would end 2012 at 177.2 which would represent a 25 pound loss. for the year. It would also get me to my lowest point since having my 6-year-old, meaning I would start 2013 with virgin weight loss. In my realistic world, I am going to focus on intentional food choices, eat mostly whole organic foods, weigh daily, report here, and maintain through the holidays.
Hey Justice! I just started my own journal, so I'm trying to through others' and read what they're up to. I like your writing style a lot. I find that your way of writing is rather easy on the eyes.

I'd say there's something definitely to be appreciated with the whole foods approach that you mentioned; while a part of me truly does enjoy the militant structure of weighing, portioning, and carb counting, it's a huge relief to break away from that model in favor of something intuitive. My personality is very detail-oriented, thus promoting those obsessive tendencies, but I've found that I can succeed with the approach you've been taking as well.

Sounds like you've got a good plan for the Holidays. I think these journals are incredible tools for accountability! Sometimes, when you have that crazy urge to eat five dozen peanut butter balls on Aunt Sally's dining room table, just writing about it makes us take a step back and think about just what we're doing. Best of luck with everything! Ending with a loss will be positive, no matter what.

Born again from the bread crumbs—a life journal, low-carb style
limetwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:42 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Hey Limetwist! Thanks for stopping by. You are such a positive presence on this board. Your weight lose is inspiring! I definitely can have a tendency to swing towards the militant when it comes to tracking, etc. My control-freak self finds security in it. However, I consistently try to mellow that self out and taking a more laid back approach tends to make me a more balanced person. That was definitely how I approached weight loss this year, and while it has been a slow road, it is the first time I've had a sustained downward trajectory for a long period of time. I feel like I conquered the diet/yo-yo monster and really found a WOE that I can make a life style. I think everyone needs to find what works for them. I am a big believer in the mind/body connection and for me, I think I've found what works.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:03 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

I am back. Ready to do a weight loss push through the summer. I am down about 3 pounds from last time I was here. Hoovering between 178-180. I really want to get to my healthy weight by the end of the year. I suspect my post baby body will like somewhere between 145-155. I know that if I focus on eating low carb consistently, I will get there and feel great doing it. I do so much better staying focused when I am part of this community, so I am back and going strong.

We are leaving shortly for an overnight wine tasting trip. Really looking forward to it. It promises to be relaxing adult time. Obviously, I will be consuming some wine but I decided to post here before the trip to keep me honest. There will be lots of good cheese and some lovely farm fresh meals of meat and local vegetables. I will focus on that delicious bounty, my husband, and my friends. I will not not dive head first into french fries, pie, and ice cream and come back feeling bloated a gross.

I will do my first official weigh-in on Monday. Hoping for 178. Have a great Holiday weekend all!
Old 05-27-2013, 08:22 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

I'm here. Friends, family, fun weekend! Will weight in tomorrow morning. Not sure that it will be pretty, but confident it could be worse. I am ready to do this thing. Off to watch Downtown Abby. I am totally late to the game. What a fantastic show!
Old 05-28-2013, 05:59 AM   #29
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
We are leaving shortly for an overnight wine tasting trip. Really looking forward to it. It promises to be relaxing adult time. Obviously, I will be consuming some wine but I decided to post here before the trip to keep me honest. There will be lots of good cheese and some lovely farm fresh meals of meat and local vegetables. I will focus on that delicious bounty, my husband, and my friends. I will not not dive head first into french fries, pie, and ice cream and come back feeling bloated a gross.
I love wine tastings. Experimenting with different tastes. When is yours? We did a wine trails even in December DH and I, we loved it so much!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 06:06 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

I am baaaack! Life is good. Still hoovering somewhere between 175-18O. Overall, I feel good. I have consistenly followed a whole food, low carb eating program. I really feel like this has become a WOL. I am not saying that I never fall into a bowl of ice cream, house some fresh bread, or drink too much wine, but I generally climb back on the wagon relatively quickly. I've learned to appreciate how I feel physically and mentally, e.g., no bloat, clear head, lack of food obession, as much as the weight loss I am aiming for.

All that being said, I am ready to drop some weight. I have embraced this as a life style and am doing really well maintaining, but it is time to diet. Yes, I said the swear word. DIET. What does this mean for me? It means continuing to eat the way I've grown to love and intentionally trying to lose weight. It means watching portions, limiting the times I have the "occasional carb-laden treat", drinking less wine and coming here for accountability. It does not mean going to extremes, obessiing over everything I eat, or tweaking a plan I know works. In short, it means prioritizing me so I can get to the weight I want and I can live the life of maintenance which has proved relatively easy for me.

I will be here a lot. I am going back to my daily accountability journal. It is helpful and keeps me focused on the things that are important. We are heading to Hawaii at the end of March. I will be 150. That is a little over 25 pounds and absolutely doable. I am going to think about it as my on personal Hawaii Five-O challenge. Let the diet begin....