Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2011, 12:13 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: TinaBelle2006
WOE: Atkins
Tinabelle's Turnaround- 2011

It feels like I've spent my entire life either "on a diet" or feeling awful because I wasn't "on a diet".

Like so many women I know, I've lost and gained hundreds of pounds over the years..one step forward, two steps back.

Herbalife, Nutrabolic (now known as Formu 3), Weight Watchers (several times), Optifast (the liquid diet Oprah did), very low calorie, etc...none have ever worked for me like low carb.

Unfortunately, I'd either get bored or lazy, and any progress I'd made would go right out the window.

I'm at the point in my life where i really want to be with someone...my partner for life. Trouble is, in my area, the type of men I am attracted to, and with whom I'd like to settle down are normally not attracted to fat chicks.

I feel like the kind of guy who would be with me the way I am would either be settling, secretly wishing he was with a thin, "hot" chick....or, would be someone who is attracted to big girls, in which case I would stand to lose him if I ever succeeded at losing the weight.

That's not to say that there aren't plenty of lucky women who are heavy and are with the men of their dreams...it may be a regional thing (NE PA), but I may as well be invisible when it comes to finding a real relationship. hook-ups ? Absolutely....but I want to be with someone who wants to wine me, dine me, show me off to his friends...

So, that having been said, I need to get this weight OFF.

One week ago, I re-started Atkins. Back to shopping/ cooking/ doing tons of dishes. But, the hardest part as giving up soda...specifically, Mountain Dew. The first three days were hellish- extreme fatigue coupled with a POUNDING headache. By mid-week, I felt that old feeling again...KETOSIS !!!

Not even tempted at this point to shove carby food into my mouth. Which is a WONDERFUL thing !!!

The not-so-wonderful thing was the "bathroom issue". I won't go into the gruesome details...let it suffice to say that, though i've never had a child, I have a vague idea of how painful it is

So, I turned to the boards and re-acquainted myself with the one-minute flax muffin. I was also reminded of the importance of drinking enough water...and learned about magnesium supplements. Today...success !!!

I will be using this journal as a place to track my progress- though I am avoiding the scale, since I tend to obssess. I'll also post the recipes I want to try, and note all the little victories....and stumbles (hopefully, there will be more victories than stumbles)

TinaBelle2006 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2011, 12:23 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Wish I saw this before I went to the grocery store today...I'll have to pick the ingredients up tomrrow

SPINACH LASAGNA
1 pound ground beef
2 tablespoons onion, chopped
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup spaghetti sauce
8 ounces cream cheese
1 egg
1/8 teaspoon pepper
10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed & drained
4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (I used the kind in a can)

Brown the hamburger with the onion; drain off the fat. Mix in the garlic powder and spaghetti sauce; season to taste and heat until bubbly. Meanwhile, soften the cream cheese in a medium-size microwaveable bowl for about 40-60 seconds. Stir until creamy; beat in the egg and pepper with a spoon until well mixed. Blend in the spinach. Spread half of the meat mixture evenly in the bottom of a greased, 8 x 8" glass baking pan. Spread the spinach mixture over the meat; top with the mozzarella, then the rest of the meat. It may not completely cover the top, but that's ok. Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese. Bake at 350║ about 30 minutes until hot and bubbly. Or, cover with plastic wrap and vent one corner then microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes; then reduce to MEDIUM and cook for another 7-10 minutes until hot and bubbly. Let stand 3 minutes before serving.

Makes 6-9 servings
Can be frozen

Per 1/6 Recipe: 368 Calories; 28g Fat; 23g Protein; 5.5g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 3.5g Net Carbs
Per 1/8 Recipe: 276 Calories; 21g Fat; 17g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs
Per 1/9 Recipe: 245 Calories; 19g Fat; 15g Protein; 3.5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 2.5g Net Carbs
Old 12-11-2011, 01:24 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Tripled the one minute muffin recipe, and added 6T pumpkin puree.

Microwaved it in a round (approx. 8" diameter" pyrex bowl. Started with 2 minuytes...not done..then 2 more...all told, it took 8 minutes to cook.

The result is phenomenal !!! Much moister than the original. Eatin 1/3 today (with LOTS of water)...gonna wrap the remainder for Monday and Tuesday.