LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2011, 01:41 PM   #241
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: Low Carb ala JUDDD
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Oh Amber - sending you lots of hugs.
I don't know what else to do. This is not the time of year to have to deal with all of this crap- actually there is never a good time of year to have to deal with the way you are being treated. I'm glad the HR department is aware of the problems.

Fortunately you get a long holiday break and can do your own thing for a couple of weeks.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2011, 01:44 PM   #242
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
WHAT A JERK OFF!!!! GEESH!!! Yea maybe he is not an effective communicator, which is vital in his position. Just calm down and I am glad you got HR involved so they can document it. He may be the one trying to get rid of you... no telling. Hang in there.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:44 PM   #243
Major LCF Poster!

Oh Amber, I don't know what to say except to send you lots of hugs

I'm glad the HR people know what is going on, though.

At least you have a long holiday break coming up and can do your own thing for a bit.

There is never a good time to deal with what you are dealing with

Hugs
Old 12-15-2011, 01:47 PM   #244
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
What was his reponse when you pointed out that you had emailed him, and that it was on the agenda? I would be so pissed if he blew me off!!!

Nothing, not one word back, no time of meeting nothing! Jerk!!!

Thank you Seabreeze just what I need financial stress when I am trying to get these bills paid and get this mortgage good grief, but I am not going to let it ruin my Christmas I am going to enjoy the break with the kids and Tony, and try to refocus when I go back, hopefully there will be a plan with him resolved so that I can deal better, or else I will be lounging around the house, LOL God, I hope not, I am going to pray hard tonight!

I always think the Lord deals what you can deal with and maybe better things are over the horizon, but I really dont want to think about that now,I am going to be positive, and professional and hope for the best, I just dont want to cry I hate that, I hate being a woman in this male industry and showing signs of being weak, like blubbering to the HR guy today, LOL

Might need my WW suit tomorrow! Maybe my WW t-shirt for power, yep its casual day I think I will be in that!
Old 12-15-2011, 01:55 PM   #245
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
He really is a jerk Amber and I am sorry you had to deal with that

Don't even spare him a second thought while you are on your break - enjoy!
And you wear that WW tomorrow for all of us who are rooting for you!
Old 12-15-2011, 02:08 PM   #246
Major LCF Poster!

Yes, WW day will be perfect

Old 12-15-2011, 04:12 PM   #247
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Matrigna
Stats: 210/164/110
WOE: Primal-ish (WLS 11/29/13)
Oh geez. I'll be praying for you too, Amber! {{{Hugs}}} He sounds awful to have to deal with! Thank goodness you have a good HR person listening to you and agreeing with you! I've worked a real jerk once, and HR totally screwed me over. So be thankful there, but I really hope this boss gets a clue too! Ugh! He's a big jerk for not seeing how awesome you are!

Enjoy that run and that yoga too. Maybe you should add some kickboxing in there and picture his big goofy face on the bag and throw some really good punches I used to take kickboxing and yoga, back to back, and it was the perfect combination of kick the crap out of stuff and then go chill. LOL!

I might have a drink for you! Thank GOD tomorrow is Friday, eh?

"Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal."
Old 12-15-2011, 04:35 PM   #248
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tiggy_oz
Stats: 330/249/190 5'10"
WOE: LCHF + IF
Start Date: 1 Nov 2010 (+4 months off & 20lb regain)
Yikes he sounds insane. Glad to hear that HR are on your side and are willing to mediate a bit on your behalf. Not fun when work goes blah and it has you stressed to the edge. It will all get resolved darlin.

And who knows, perhaps soon you will be a trainer full time hehe.

I LOVE the idea of running a 2012 program at your gym. Sounds like a great time to test it out. The before and after photo is a fantastic idea. I am with ang, in that I would MUCH MUCH rather a trainer that has dealt with being heavy and out of shape. Someone like that understands the struggles and how tricky that road can be. Those naturally hardbodied trainers generally have no idea of the struggles.

You rock!!

"We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world." -Buddha

Tiggy Jones Diary
Old 12-15-2011, 05:10 PM   #249
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kmcentire
Stats: 223/192/175
So sorry about your boss Amber I too am sending hugs your way Don't allow yourself to waste one thought on him while on your break.

I start my 2 week break after tomorrow also!!!! Yippppppeee!!! I can't wait!
Old 12-15-2011, 05:39 PM   #250

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: 215/152.6/150 5'9"
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
What an arse he is! Glad HR knows you and is trying to be helpful. Seems you always have to have a run in with a jerk at work when things have been going well. Hoping they figure out he is an arse, and changes are made soon.

I love the poster idea!!!
Old 12-15-2011, 05:49 PM   #251

Yeah I was so worried when the one owner was my boss but he was really nice and very respectful to me, he even went out of his way to get to know me better, I sent him a report once a month and he was happy, I thought how bad can someone new be? He came from a competitor and brought a bunch of his cronies with him and I think he is skeptical of all us people that were already there, which is more concerning to me, they sent the one young boy from Reading to work the counter and he is having issues too, and cant wait to come back to Reading and his normal boss is a jerk but he agrees better than this guy, so that is saying something, I think it is us personnel he has issues with!

Well I did it I ran a full mile on that darn treadmill, it was scary but I did it, one mile no stopping that was good for me my running declines quickly when I dont stay on it, LOL Then yoga was good but I can never get to clear my mind stage, especially tonight, LOL But man I feel better afterwards like totally stretched, that is a good thing!

So I am going to say my prayers tonight and hope for the best, if it even happens if not I will deal with it next week and go to NYC this weekend and have fun and not dwell, Bobby is so cute I was telling him and he is like just get a new job, and Tony makes good money, he is your husband and needs to support you! LOL I said well he pays child support you know, kids have it all figured out! He was so precious tonight though he knows when Mom is wigged out! He spent a lot of time talking with me and trying to make me laugh, LOL

He is so excited about NYC, I want it to be really fun for him, so we found Hell's Kitchen we thought it was Gordon's restaurant, turns out nothing to do with him, LOL Figures! Guess they were there before his show, LOL
Old 12-15-2011, 06:10 PM   #252

That's it! Focus on NYC!!! Kids always think it is so easy. He is sweet trying to help out!

Sounds like more of you having issues with him. That is good. Always better to have several complaining than just you. They may see it is him sooner!
Old 12-15-2011, 10:15 PM   #253
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Man, I'm sorry for the sucky day and the even suckier new boss. Tomorrow will probably be better. It often works that way.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:57 AM   #254

I didn't sleep, ughghg I always sleep through all problems, we are having some kind of wind storm here too that didnt help, of course so it will be even more freezing than NYC!
But I am going to suck it up today and see what happens!
Old 12-16-2011, 04:09 AM   #255
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Meg2039
Stats: 218/178.5/150
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: 11/2/13
Good Luck today. The boss sounds like a total *******! I am glad you have HR on your side! I know it is hard, but If anyone can handle it, you can! I have done the whole bad boss thing, and unfortunately the who cry at work thing. The worst! The best thing I can do when things get too bad is to focus on the parts of the job that I love! And if worse comes to worse...a xanax can't hurt! Just kidding. sort of...anyway..Hang in there Hon! Have a great time in NYC!!!
Old 12-16-2011, 04:09 AM   #256

We had that wind yesterday. Most of the day. Wasn't fun driving in it. It was warm here though.

Remember you are tough. Don't let him get to you today! We got your back Big hugs!
Old 12-16-2011, 05:50 AM   #257
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kmcentire
Stats: 223/192/175
Good Luck with the boss. I will be thinking of you today.....
Old 12-16-2011, 05:57 AM   #258
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Amber, hang in there and have a good day
Old 12-16-2011, 07:15 AM   #259
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Good luck with the boss today, I'm sorry he's being a poopypants. I know you'll win him over with your personality and beautiful smile!
Old 12-16-2011, 07:59 AM   #260
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LIVE_FREE_NH
Stats: 254/208/175 5'8
WOE: LC my way, low dairy
Amber, sorry to hear of your troubles, but document everything good you have done as it will be good material for you to update your resume over the holiday break. He is probably feeling insecure coming in and having to bring in his cronies, and some men just don't take to us uppity females.

Bundle up good for NYC, it's going to be a chilly weekend!!!!

Nancy
Old 12-16-2011, 01:31 PM   #261

Well what happened today, freaking nothing!!!!!!

he never showed, never emailed, nothing, I copied him on several things, and not a word, so oh well, I am going to NYC and I am going to try to forget about it, found an extra $100 in my stash I had more than I thought, LOL SO its like I won the lottery. And some guy came into today and wanted to see these fancy LED lights, called me at the end of the day and ordered 6 of them, I guess I am not suppose to sell our stuff either, LOL

I busted my A** today so I feel they got a lot out of me so there is nothing else I can do, but I did have WW on, lots of people commented, even my nasty ass neighbor that is so mean, saw me cleaning out the car and told me I look fabulous with all the weight I lost, so I am considering it a good day, I thought about things, worst case scenario I lose my job, I guess I can get unemployment while I look for a new one, maybe the other stuff will take off, so I am done worrying, I cant handle it now! We are not going to not be able to eat or pay the bills, so it could be much worse, once I really analyzed all the scenarios it seemed better, so look out canal street I can shop with cash, LOL

I am buying the most sprakley blingy thing I can find and wearing it, LOL I want a big pin for my winter coat, I have a bunch---- but new bling is always exciting, LOL

You girls are the best, always make me feel better!!

Oh and before I go special report for Angela-
I had the curry tuna it was not bad!!!!! I thought it needed heat so I had curry and jalepeno, LOL I ate it on my avocado and it was yummy, didnt think about dinner tonight so looks like eggs, LOL

One of the salesman I work with gave me a $50 red lobster gift card, I told Tony we better go between Christmas and New Years, I see cheddar biscuits in my future, LOL He also gave a $25 GC for the kids to Toys R Us, I thought that was especially nice, Autumn too, very sweet!!!

So no worries I am out of the hell hole til Monday and then 5 more days I can handle anything for 5 freaking days, then 10 days off, yippee!!!!

Last edited by Bejewelme; 12-16-2011 at 01:32 PM..
Old 12-17-2011, 12:46 PM   #262
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 283/276.6/180 ** 6'2
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: 9/4/2012
I hope you are having a fantastic time in NYC, Amber! I am so jealous! Can't wait to hear about your adventures!
Old 12-17-2011, 03:54 PM   #263

Hope you are having a great weekend! Jealous too!

Snowing here.
Old 12-18-2011, 07:54 AM   #264
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rice paddie
Stats: 259/200/155
WOE: a little of this plan, a little of that plan...
Start Date: 6/4/11
Just popping in to see how things are going. I swear it seems like you're always on a fun adventure somewhere! Can't wait to hear how your weekend in NYC was....
Old 12-18-2011, 02:53 PM   #265
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/215/211 Mini-Goal
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Hey Amber...just stopping in...hope all's well.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:58 PM   #266
Major LCF Poster!

We know you are back. Hope you had a fantastic time!!
Old 12-18-2011, 05:58 PM   #267

Well girls I am back and boy do I have news for you all?

First stop was Jewelers Row, I loaded up all my jewels from my ex and set out to wheel and deal I was pretty nervous carrying all that crap around, guess what I left with?

$5500 freaking dollars, I probably got ripped off but I settled on the guy that offered me the most, and let's face it $5500 is 1/4 of my debt! I felt like I won the freaking lottery, so then of course it was little Italy and bread, and maybe a little cannoli, so food not good, but having $5500 in my pocket, I needed a drink!!!

It was flipping freezing there today!! Canal street was fun as always, I dont know if Tony loved the whole Mom trip, I think he said he will stay home next year, LOL Mom can be nuts, so we get home and guess what we missed snow, snow all over my house, not at Mom's, when we got home!

All I bought for myself was a wallet and 2 sparkley hair barrettes, that was it, got some gifts for others, but somehow pissed over $300 away on food and coffee I like to pay for meals for Mom and stuff since she pays for the room which was $600 for a night, good grief!!!

So I am stashing the money away it is basically my gut skin removal money, I am saving it and not paying off anything in case anything happens with the job and all!

So we get the mail and guess what is there? A freaking beautiful letter from the President of my company for my 5 year anniversary, I guess it is a form letter they send out now, but I never got one before, and the Pres himself wrote a big note by hand saying how much he appreciates all I have done for them, I am putting that sucker up on my wall at work, so when I meet with new ******** he can see it. Got an email from ******** saying he is coming Tuesday so we will see, I am not responding!

So very productive weekend, now the Mercedes is gone, my jewels are gone, but I have my diamond and my rolex, all vestigages of former wealth is gone, LOL But I am rich with a super son and a wonderful hubby so I feel rich material stuff doesnt matter!

Gram is coming to stay all week so that will be fun!

Scale will be a disaster tomorrow but it will come off and man we walked out butts off in the freezing cold!!! It was fun the city is always full of characters worthy of observation, LOL

It didnt seem as crowded as some years, but it was fun!!!

Off to get ready for bed, I am frozen and glad for our king size bed, wrestling Tony for bed space in a double for 2 nights was no fun!!!!!
Old 12-18-2011, 06:06 PM   #268
Major LCF Poster!

Glad you had a great time.

Congratulations on the letter from the President. Yes, display it in a very prominent place.

YAY on the windfall from the jeweler. That will make a tidy nest egg for whatever you want to do with it.

Tomorrow is a new day and I think you only have to work this week before you get a Christmas break.

Hugs
Old 12-18-2011, 06:30 PM   #269

Yay on the extra money! Smart not using it for anything right now. Good to have some extra cash around for just in case. Hoping you are stashing it in the bank! Walking in NYC with that kind of jewelry and then money! OMG!!! Hoping you don't need it and can use it in a good way!

Wow on the room fee! You're a good daughter taking care of her meals, etc. Those prices and a skimpy bed!

Nice letter! I would hang it too!

We had the nasty snow too. Caused many accidents around here

Glad you had a great trip!
Old 12-18-2011, 07:17 PM   #270
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 283/276.6/180 ** 6'2
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: 9/4/2012
Welcome home, Amber! I'm glad you had a great trip-- I missed you! so jealous of little Italy. Darn it.
Closed Thread