Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2011, 01:53 PM   #211
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 290/279/195 ** 6'2
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 5/25/2014
I'm more interested in her shiny purple leopard print combo! That should match, too, right? Of course, they would be highwaters on me. Whatever! I can rock it!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2011, 03:18 PM   #212
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
AMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! checked my mail today and imagine my surprise!!! THANK YOU so much for the beautiful pendant! Now I have an excuse to buy a beautiful chain to wear it on. Your note made me cry ... a good happy cry though! Your thoughtfulness and sensitivity truly means alot to me! Totally made my day today I was having a moment.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:40 PM   #213
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Yeah D got hers!!!

Oh girls what a freaking day, well Christmas party was no problem, it was disgusting, some bologna, cheese and hard boiled eggs, yak, the meatballs were cold so none of them! Yeah no cookies either, I was squirelled away all day stupid boss shows up for 4 hours and doesnt even say hello or come talk to me,I had 2 pages ready to go over with him, f tard, I am taking totally offense to this cause I think he doesnt like me, and that just gets me, I am nice, really I am!!!! LOL It makes me so damn mad!

So on a lighter note, had my trainer workout, I ran sprints on the treadmill to warm up I said you control the speed, so I got up to 7.0 then back down to 5.0 for a minute, did like 8 minutes that was good it made me feel more secure on the treadmill with her there with me, LOL More planks, push ups, you name it, I am beat!!!

So I said we gotta start a weight loss program here in the new year, so the owner was there, and he says well funny you mention that, we tried this 2 years ago I had 3 instructors that quit on me, so------ I am going to run it!! He is going to call me and talk turkey about the money and stuff, but how cool is that?

He ordered some program like menus, a cook book, a fat and calorie and carb counter, motivational tapes, etc! So I am going to review the stuff and try to make some sense of it, I think it is $100 for a 12 week program, basically I have to be inspirational and motivational, right up my alley! And conduct this meeting once a week, I figure just getting my gym paid and a little extra will be fun, and my trainer will maybe get some new clients too! Plus now before I spend 3-5K getting my nutritional license I can see how I like this, so I am totally stokked. Plus I figure this will be a great way to get me on track in the New Year too. Like I tell my trainer I don't want a fat trainer but maybe them seeing me how far I have come and still working will be motivating. I think it is going to be like a Biggest Loser where the winner gets some money at the end! What I would really like is to have my trainer paid that is $256 for 12 sessions, which is a month and half. So even if I make enough to pay her it will so be worth it, since I am on a budget!

So facials, make up and weight loss, 2012 is going to be fun, and it better see me at 175! I am giving up on the tummy tuck and boob lift, I cant have surgery if I dont sell the house and that is not looking good, so I guess it is going to wait, it ticks me off but I cant have another expense before we get the mortgage, so flab will go on!
Old 12-14-2011, 06:02 PM   #214
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

*digs finger in ear* did I really just hear you say you wouldn't be inspiring?? Uh, SAY WHAT? Those little hussies should be quaking in their boots that you are busting into their business. I'll tell you right now I would choose a former fat girl over those little automatic hardbodies who have never known fat in thier lives. They have no idea. They just think we eat too much. No. I would give YOU my hard earned money to train me, because you GET IT. You've been there. You succeeded. It's not so hard for a skinny gal to decide she wants to be a fitness trainer. Big deal. But for a big fat 350 pound woman to DREAM IT and DO IT and LIVE IT??

That, my friend, is a thing of beauty and power and I want me somma that!

Do-Over Divas
Photos of My Low Carb Meals
Old 12-14-2011, 06:07 PM   #215

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
WHAT SHE SAID!!!

You beat me to it Ang
Old 12-14-2011, 06:21 PM   #216

Well I am glad, I just hating doing it when I am still fat, even though my trainer says I am not fat and I should stop saying that I am , but I still feel fat and I think I look fat, LOL But it will be good, and yeah like my trainer granted works out like a nut cause she is a little whacky but she has no clue about the food she can eat whatever but exercise she knows, she knows how to bust some work out of people and she is so good at it, like I love when I impress her doing some crazy ass thing she tells me to do, so I want her to get more clients too.

She will always rule in my book when that snotty wedding dress lady told me I had to lose 30 pounds for that dress to fit, and in 6 weeks she had me in the dress and it closed, with just 9 pounds lost--- and you know what it funny, I lost 35 pounds and it had to be taken in, LOL She loves me cause she can push me to my limits and I do it, she said all the other ladies she trains dont push, I cant see that, like I am paying her a lot of money if I wanted to be all wussy I would just do my regular stuff, she makes me do the ugly **** I would never do on my own and that is the body changing stuff!

I am going to have fun over Christmas and New Years and then it is going to be hard core, nose to the grind, and this is just what I needed, esp since I know surgery is going to be some time off now, I am going to just have to keep losing and wearing spanx I need a spanx body armour, LOL

I am totally excited to be off work though and be able to go to the gym every freaking morning, I cant wait!!!! Tony can take care of our spawns I am going to that gym first thing, so I can eat and have fun!
Old 12-14-2011, 06:22 PM   #217
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Start Date: 8/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamazon View Post
*digs finger in ear* did I really just hear you say you wouldn't be inspiring?? Uh, SAY WHAT? Those little hussies should be quaking in their boots that you are busting into their business. I'll tell you right now I would choose a former fat girl over those little automatic hardbodies who have never known fat in thier lives. They have no idea. They just think we eat too much. No. I would give YOU my hard earned money to train me, because you GET IT. You've been there. You succeeded. It's not so hard for a skinny gal to decide she wants to be a fitness trainer. Big deal. But for a big fat 350 pound woman to DREAM IT and DO IT and LIVE IT??

That, my friend, is a thing of beauty and power and I want me somma that!
THANK YOU!

Seriously Amber, you are going to have a following of REAL people, people who know the struggle and will not think twice about giving their money to someone who's lived it, breathed it, and SUCCEEDED! THAT is the person that I would lay all my money on in a heartbeat.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:31 PM   #218

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
Those people are going to hear your story and be in your hand girl! You look amazing! They will want to do that too! You are a true inspiration, and you need to share it with them!

I can't see paying a trainer and not really using him/her! That is crazy!

The dress saleswoman is nuts! She didn't know who she was talking too!

Yes, enjoy your break (within reason!) and then, get back to work! Hardcore! Goal is waiting in 2012!!!

Sorry you have to put off the surgery, but think about it as a time to tone up and get to the best you can before you do it. It will come. Work on being the healthiest you can get!

Tony: I'd talk to other docs about getting it done sooner. That is garbage waiting. I know people that have had it done, they are my age! They aren't waiting. They will improve it, and it can be redone if/when needed. Quality of life is very important too! Also check out what he can do for now to ease the pain.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:22 PM   #219
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mama_2_3
Woohoo! 2012 hasn't started yet, and it's already a good year for you! Getting paid to motivate & help others (which you've been doing here for free for quite a while)...what better way to begin a new year!

Poor Tony, I agree he should push to have it fixed sooner than later. He needs to be able to keep up with you
Old 12-15-2011, 03:37 AM   #220
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Frenchie'sGirl
Stats: 126.8kg/88.5kg/80kg 279/194.7/180
Start Date: March 2011
Wow that is so exciting Amber, I can just see you now. You are such an inspiration to all of us, I know you will be even better IRL. Sorry you have to put off your surgery for awhile but maybe in the long run it will be better, your body will be in even better shape and you will be more prepared for it.
Bug hugs to you hon, you are the best!
Old 12-15-2011, 03:40 AM   #221

No parties today or tomorrow just getting through NYC without a dive into the cannoli cart, LOL I am going to be strict now, nothing else til Christmas, tonight is yoga I am going to go early and run on the treadmill all by myself!!!! I need to do my thigh crusher machine too, that is a good one!

I have a huge hunk of london broil marinating for Tony to slap on the grill when he gets home, I will be gnawing my arm off til he gets home, I have a big old avocado for lunch that looks perfectly ripe so I am anxious for that today maybe I will make some heinous tuna and eat that with it, LOL I hate canned tuna!

Have a good day girls!!! I will be missing all the chit chat! Life sucks!
Old 12-15-2011, 03:42 AM   #222
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Meg2039
Stats: 218/186/155
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: 11/2/13
Amber ,
I am so excited for you! You are going to be fantastic! You are an absolute inspiration! I wish I lived there so I could be in your class! You look great! It's time for your brain to start catching up with your body! You are beautiful, you are strong! You've gone through an AMAZING transformation. And you keep working hard on all the aspects of your life you want to improve! You are my hero!!
Could I use any more exclamation points!! I need to slow down on the coffee this morning!

Last edited by Meg2039; 12-15-2011 at 03:43 AM..
Old 12-15-2011, 05:33 AM   #223
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Amber, Ang said it perfectly. You are such an inspiration to us here and I can only imagine what an inspiration you will be one on one. You already know what works and what doesn't and your experience can help so many others.

I want to be in your class!!!
Old 12-15-2011, 05:46 AM   #224
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kmcentire
Stats: 223/192/175
I agree with all the other ladies Amber!! That sounds fantastic. When you work with someone that already knows the struggles of being overweight, it makes it so much easier to trust and believe what they say. I too wish I lived closer and could be in your class. You also have the whole package with the weight loss and working out.

Don't be too bummed about the surgery, everything happens for a reason, and it will come in due time.

Sorry about the boss.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:51 AM   #225
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Amber, why don't you doll up the tuna to be more palatable for you? Mix with mayo, garlic, pepper, green onion, whatever veg you have (celery or peppers work well) and it really does make it very tasty! Even the old standby diced dill pickles, or just garlic and dillweed? So many options!
Old 12-15-2011, 07:00 AM   #226
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamazon View Post
Amber, why don't you doll up the tuna to be more palatable for you? Mix with mayo, garlic, pepper, green onion, whatever veg you have (celery or peppers work well) and it really does make it very tasty! Even the old standby diced dill pickles, or just garlic and dillweed? So many options!
Yea I am making canned tuna today too!! On a TIGHT budget!! Ang's ideas sound yummy!!! I usually just do mayo, dill relish, egg, and mustard. Pretty boring! LOL

I am loving the class!!! YOU SHOULD SKYPE US!!! Then we can participate from afar!! Like a webcast!!! OH YEA... I AM SOOOOO THERE!!! LOL
Old 12-15-2011, 07:15 AM   #227
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Last week I was mixing my tuna with an olive tapenade that Costco sells (Mediteranean Olive Salad, jarred in olive oil) and that made it surprisingly awesome! Don't forget to top it all with crispy fried onions!

I know what I'm having for lunch. lol!
Old 12-15-2011, 07:36 AM   #228
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Maybe you are buying crap tuna? Not all tuna is created equal, you know. Some brands really do taste awful. I only buy Costco's albacore, it is always 100% delicious.

I have no idea why I am so worried that you don't like tuna. I'll shut up now.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:01 AM   #229
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Meg2039
Stats: 218/186/155
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: 11/2/13
I love tuna! But it has to be cold! no room temp tuna for me. ACK!
Old 12-15-2011, 09:26 AM   #230
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg2039 View Post
Amber ,
I am so excited for you! You are going to be fantastic! You are an absolute inspiration! I wish I lived there so I could be in your class! You look great! It's time for your brain to start catching up with your body! You are beautiful, you are strong! You've gone through an AMAZING transformation. And you keep working hard on all the aspects of your life you want to improve! You are my hero!!
Could I use any more exclamation points!! I need to slow down on the coffee this morning!
Quote:
Originally Posted by janetsbreeze View Post
Amber, Ang said it perfectly. You are such an inspiration to us here and I can only imagine what an inspiration you will be one on one. You already know what works and what doesn't and your experience can help so many others.

I want to be in your class!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcentire View Post
I agree with all the other ladies Amber!! That sounds fantastic. When you work with someone that already knows the struggles of being overweight, it makes it so much easier to trust and believe what they say. I too wish I lived closer and could be in your class. You also have the whole package with the weight loss and working out.

Don't be too bummed about the surgery, everything happens for a reason, and it will come in due time.

Sorry about the boss.
All of these posts are perfect.

When is your story going to appear on Atkins? I think it should be coming up soon and we don't want to miss it.

I would love to have access to your gym and trainer. I don't have to pay very much for my 24 Hour Fitness as I have belonged forever, but trainers are $50.00 an hour here. Ouch. I had a great guy in California for a fraction of the cost. They really do help push you to do more than you would do on your own. It does help that I had the experience for quite a while, though.

Have a great time in NYC

Too much company and too much food and it just keeps on until Christmas. All I have to do today is cook - do not have to feed any guests so I should be OK. Tomorrow and Saturday and Sunday are another story. Oh well, I WILL SURVIVE!!

Hugs to ALL
Old 12-15-2011, 09:43 AM   #231
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Amber, I think you should have your before/after combo picture blown up to poster size, and have the present for everyone to see when you start running the program. That will take everyone's breath away, and BELIEVE me, they will respect and admire your almost unbelievable accomplishment! (Of course, the force of your dynamic personality would do that, anyway!)

I'm with everybody else--doll that tuna up! I like mayo with lemon juice and curry, and some green onions mixed in!
Old 12-15-2011, 10:02 AM   #232
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

oooo I forgot the tuna curry!
Old 12-15-2011, 10:35 AM   #233
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Amber, I think you should have your before/after combo picture blown up to poster size, and have the present for everyone to see when you start running the program. That will take everyone's breath away, and BELIEVE me, they will respect and admire your almost unbelievable accomplishment! (Of course, the force of your dynamic personality would do that, anyway!)

I'm with everybody else--doll that tuna up! I like mayo with lemon juice and curry, and some green onions mixed in!
This sounds like a great idea!!! Like the Biggest Loser!
Old 12-15-2011, 10:53 AM   #234
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceecee08 View Post
Yea I am making canned tuna today too!! On a TIGHT budget!! Ang's ideas sound yummy!!! I usually just do mayo, dill relish, egg, and mustard. Pretty boring! LOL

I am loving the class!!! YOU SHOULD SKYPE US!!! Then we can participate from afar!! Like a webcast!!! OH YEA... I AM SOOOOO THERE!!! LOL
I love this idea!! I see that you are in Atl Cassidy. I guess we could car pool every week to her class!!! (we may have to leave a few days earlier in order to get there, but....
Old 12-15-2011, 11:53 AM   #235
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

IKR... What part of GA do you live in Kristi. I live in Marietta.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:18 PM   #236
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: myhnabird
Stats: 229/213.6/160
Start Date: Re-start - July 17, 2014
Amber, I just wanted to pop in and tell you what a wonderful inspiration you are! I've been flipping through your journals, and I admire the living daylights out of you.

And congratulations on being picked to run the weight loss program at your gym. You're the perfect person for the job.

Mary
Old 12-15-2011, 12:47 PM   #237
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceecee08 View Post
IKR... What part of GA do you live in Kristi. I live in Marietta.
I live in Danielsville which is about 30 minutes from Athens. I grew up in Winder. They are both pretty small towns so you may not know where they are, but maybe you know where Athens is.....
Old 12-15-2011, 12:55 PM   #238
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes I have heard of Athens but don't know the exact location. Anywhoo, I am sure you probally like an hour or so from ATL... I work in Downtown ATL.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:17 PM   #239

Mary:
Thank you for stopping by to say that!

I had the worst day, me and this boss have a real issue and he seems to just want to be antagonistic with me and I have to resolve it, I was in tears on the phone with the HR guy today! He thinks it is his odd personality I am having trouble with, I said I can deal with odd---- is he like my old boss---No--- but I can deal with people the problem is when you say you are going to meet or discuss stuff and you dont and then want to act like a I am mind reader!

Basically I think he wants to pull me 100% out of lighting and focus on the Business Dev again, and I can live with that, but he needs to tell these customers that I have a 5 year relationship with that. Like today he was pissed I was doing a lighting audit, I said I sent you 2 emails and you can see it was on the agenda to discuss yesterday and you never responded, I was not about to let our best customer hang on a big job because you didnt respond, cripes! Remember the beautiful flowers I got when I had my arm surgery it was that customer, not only are they nice people but I consider them friends and they spend 1.5 million a year with us, they are a huge customer! The HR guy agreed that if he wants to take me off their account the customer needs to hear from a VP one that he knows not this new guy and not hear it from me.

Like I guess he wants me chained to my chair calling these ridiculous leads, like we sell major electrical goods, we do ball parks and sub stations and they have me calling karate studios and pilates centers to what sell one light bulb a year to them I said to the HR guy if the Pres saw these leads he would die, and not to mention I have a whole database of perfect leads cause we had been talking about this store opening since I started! God I am so frustrated, I don't know what to do, somehow I gotta suck it up and not cry, LOL and tell him look we need a do over here and get on the same page. So I ended up not eating cause I was so upset and then had to leave so when I got home I shoved in a handful---- OK half a jar of peanuts, LOL

So Ang, thank you for being so worried about my tuna eating, LOL I always buy albacore the other is just plain old cat food, LOL The curry got my attention I love curry so tomorrow I will try that and report back, LOL I have green onions too I usually like that in stuff like that. And my perfect avocado that cost me 1.50 will now be overripe tomorrow, LOL Damn it, so HR guy says go run and calm down tonight we all adore you, I said tonight is yoga and that is a good thing!

This new guy better hear too all the crap I have done like managing 2 stores for 11 months while the managers were in rehab and then one was stealing, I had to drop everything and have an hour drive each way to do that never got paid extra for working 14 hour days had to pay for daycare for Bobby, I mean its not like I am a reject and don't care about the company! I make pretty decent money and to give that up is scary and I love our company and would never want to go to work for a competitor, they were good to me through lots of things. And I love all the people I work with, it just blows, I am not used to this kind of stress at work. Sales stress is one thing, but my old boss always made me feel appreciated and thanked me, even if not with money.

God I need a drink, but I am going to enjoy this huge hunk of meat that Tony better get home and grill and then yoga, I hope it relaxes me I am going early and I am running, I am going to run right over his face tonight, 9.0 on that damn thing, LOL

Would you believe I typed all this crap and my computer did some update and lost it all, LOL OMG what a day!
Old 12-15-2011, 01:41 PM   #240
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Oh Amber! That totally sucks about your new boss and I am glad you went to HR and they support you.

What was his reponse when you pointed out that you had emailed him, and that it was on the agenda? I would be so pissed if he blew me off!!!
Closed Thread