Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2011, 03:14 AM   #181
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Jessica- I am glad you liked it, I wanted to send you a thank you, some of you girls are getting some gifts from me, I can't believe you got that already in CA, when I just mailed it on Sat, that was fast!!! Yes I figured you all had something favorite to wear things on!

T- I am glad you liked yours too!!!

So Bobby loved Fear Factor!! He said he would do that show with me, Tony said no way, although eating those live scorpions last night was pretty gross indeed, then I fell asleep! LOL I was trying to watch 2 1/2 men and Mike and Molly but I was slobbering on the couch!

Scale is down, yippee, I am getting closer, tomorrow is our challenge weigh in, I think I might be down from last week, onderland is calling before Christmas!!!! Tonight is a our rock club Christmas Party last year when I was so strict that was what set me off on a carb overload, so I am eating before we go and eating nothing but coffee so I can come home and watch BL finale! I will be missing the girls today I will try to log on over lunch!

19 here this morning, ughgh I hate this cold weather the city is going to be nasty in this cold, Mom got me cuddleduds like long underwear so I guess I will try those too, I hate freezing.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2011, 03:15 AM   #182

Meg- I knew that necklace would make you lose, LOL I am glad it worked!!!!!! And I am glad you liked it!!!! Have a good day I know you have a lot to do the next two days we will be missing you!!!

I love all my girls, you all are so close we share so much, more than real life friends!!!!
Old 12-13-2011, 05:36 AM   #183
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Amber, you are one of the kindest, most generous people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. In case you didn't know, we all really you!
Old 12-13-2011, 06:48 AM   #184
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by janetsbreeze View Post
Amber, you are one of the kindest, most generous people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. In case you didn't know, we all really you!
DITTO!!! you MOM!! LOL
Old 12-13-2011, 07:13 AM   #185
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 290/279/195 ** 6'2
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 5/25/2014
eh, she's alright, if you like that kind-hearted generous funny inspiring kind of thing.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:18 AM   #186
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Frenchie'sGirl
Stats: 126.8kg/88.5kg/80kg 279/194.7/180
Start Date: March 2011
You are such a sweetheart Amber. We all love you so. I hope you have a great trip
Old 12-13-2011, 07:44 AM   #187
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamazon View Post
eh, she's alright, if you like that kind-hearted generous funny inspiring kind of thing.
Love you Angela! I can always count on you to make me giggle at some point!

Amber, love you girl! You have the biggest kindest heart of anyone I've ever met! Even Bryan was telling me, "I really like her and I don't even know her!"

3 weeks...you got this chicky...think of all you could do in 3 weeks!!!!
Old 12-13-2011, 09:38 AM   #188

I snuck on at lunch so if I get fired I will use all these nice comments as references, LOL Eating week old cauliflower slop that is not tasty! Busting my ass in my hole here trying to get everything done before tomorrow, we have our Christmas party here I guess I wont be having fun! The boss is coming, so I am more than ready for him, he is getting hit by WW tomorrow, and he is going to know it, LOL

So about 1/2 of you got your things, still waiting to hear from others, it is sort of fun! I should have taken pics I guess before I sent them, LOL

Ok back to work so I dont get canned, I got bills to pay!

Last edited by Bejewelme; 12-13-2011 at 09:40 AM..
Old 12-13-2011, 10:40 AM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kmcentire
Stats: 223/192/175
I just hate it when the bosses get on the internet usage grippp session!!! If my work is getting done, then why should they care!!??!!! We just recently got internet at our desk... and I am so surprised that our internet priviledges haven't been taken away yet!! Power trip!!
Old 12-13-2011, 10:50 AM   #190
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I should be fired for my internet usage. I waste hours and hours of time here loling at lol cats. I get nothing done. Everything gets behind schedule and then I have to scramble to get it done and do a really half assed job of it. Sub-par work and I'm pretty mouthy with my boss. WHY DOESN'T SHE FIRE ME??!!
Old 12-13-2011, 11:01 AM   #191
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kmcentire
Stats: 223/192/175
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamazon View Post
I should be fired for my internet usage. I waste hours and hours of time here loling at lol cats. I get nothing done. Everything gets behind schedule and then I have to scramble to get it done and do a really half assed job of it. Sub-par work and I'm pretty mouthy with my boss. WHY DOESN'T SHE FIRE ME??!!
You don't admit to any of this.... I know I waste a lot of time and lots of time my work doesn't get done in a "timely" fashion, but it sounded good!!!
Old 12-13-2011, 11:54 AM   #192
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: writermom
Stats: 196/187/145 5'5
WOE: WW PP
Start Date: November 15, 2010
Have fun at your rock club party Amber!

I spend too much time on the web when I should be working too. I always said I wouldn't be one of those people obsessed with FB and now here I am alsways getting sucked into people's drama or stopping to look at someone's pic and I end up spending 20 minutes looking through their whole album.
Old 12-13-2011, 03:03 PM   #193

OMG I am such a FB voyeur, one thing posted and I am so looking at every pic!

jess-BTW- I want to see a fat pic, cause all I see are you being super slim and freaking gorgeous!!!! I know where daughter gets her looks, you woman you look awesome!!!!! The one with hubs by the tree I would have on a freaking billboard if I looked that good! LOL

So good and bad news, good news, Tony is not having surgery after Christmas, bad news- the reason? He needs a knee replacement. The doc said he has like no catrlidge left in his right knee, but if he has it now he could possibly need another since they only last 15 years, so now he has to live with it and try to prolong it, man my man is fading, here he was so spry I wanted to keep up with him, he is really bummed, but what can you do? Ughgghg

Damn party tonight, I am being good, I swear I am going to be good, no cookies, no cupcakes, no soft pretzel bites I must behave the scale was playing nice this morning and tomorrow is weigh in on our thread, I must behave!!! I must behave I must behave!!!!!!!!!

So I was going to run, well I had to pick up grapefruit that our Lions club was selling so the little old lady I had to go to her house, she was in terrible shape, just got out of the hospital with a kidney stone attack only home an hour, her BF is 90 and not so good, so I ended up carrying her half way down the steps to the living room, she was shrunk up half way down the steps, crying and woozy and in pain---she barely weighs 90 pounds and waiting with them until her daughter came, I think she is having a reaction to the meds they gave her, very scary she is so proper and always so fancy she looked so helpless I felt terrible for her, I just talked to her Sunday night, but I felt like I was at the right place at the right time, and thank God for working out!!!! She was easy to carry! Maybe a good deed will give me another pound less tomorrow!!!! I swear I dont want to be old!!
Old 12-13-2011, 05:32 PM   #194
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Amber, my hub was told basically the same thing--that he should wait as long as possible and then have a replacement. That's a little creepy, no? Dave is 55. So what if he lives to be 95? (and with his family history, he probably will...) I mean, who are they to say when you only have 15 years left so you should go ahead and do it? It's just....disturbing. And on the other side of the coin, what if he gets struck by lightning next week, so he could've enjoyed a functional knee, but didn't, ya know? Sheesh.

I do not think it is a coincidence when things like the lady you rescued happen. God sent you there and you were her guardian angel!

My (old) HCG Journal

My NEW Journal
Old 12-13-2011, 05:53 PM   #195
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post

So I was going to run, well I had to pick up grapefruit that our Lions club was selling so the little old lady I had to go to her house, she was in terrible shape, just got out of the hospital with a kidney stone attack only home an hour, her BF is 90 and not so good, so I ended up carrying her half way down the steps to the living room, she was shrunk up half way down the steps, crying and woozy and in pain---she barely weighs 90 pounds and waiting with them until her daughter came, I think she is having a reaction to the meds they gave her, very scary she is so proper and always so fancy she looked so helpless I felt terrible for her, I just talked to her Sunday night, but I felt like I was at the right place at the right time, and thank God for working out!!!! She was easy to carry! Maybe a good deed will give me another pound less tomorrow!!!! I swear I dont want to be old!!
You were definitely sent there at the right time. How fortunate for the lady that you were able to stay.

I'm not sure what to say about Tony's knee. He certainly doesn't want to be in pain for years before he can have it replaced. Did they give any other options to minimize the pain and let him be active? I know there are some different kinds of injections that are supposed to help regenerate cartilage, but don't know if they work or not. He is way too young to have these problems.

You are such a sweetie with your gifts. What a wonderful world the internet can be for meeting people far and wide.

Have fun at the party tonight.

Old 12-13-2011, 06:04 PM   #196
Blabbermouth!!!

P.S. You want my fat picture? Here it is (made it a clickable thumbnail, because it scares me full-sized), and it's a doozy:

Old 12-13-2011, 07:11 PM   #197

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
You should be very proud verbqueen! I agree, you look amazing!

Amber, I too think you were sent there to help her. Things like this happen for a reason! Just think, if you were not in this great shape to carry her. It is all for a reason!

Poor Tony! I'd look for other options too. There has to be something to ease his pain.

Got my pendant today! Amber it is beautiful! Can't wait to find the right chain to put it on! I will take a pic. of it asap! You are such a wonderful person to share your talents with us! Love the pic./card too! Now I can look at my wonderwoman and her family even when I'm not on the internet! I was only expecting perhaps a card when you asked for my address....you really didn't have to do this...but I am happy you did! LOL I love it!
Old 12-13-2011, 07:31 PM   #198
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
P.S. You want my fat picture? Here it is (made it a clickable thumbnail, because it scares me full-sized), and it's a doozy:

The change is really amazing. I know it took you a long time as you stalled, but the end results are wonderful. I know you have to be a lot happier and feel better. No wonder people comment on your weight loss.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:07 AM   #199

Jessica- OMG you look amazing you had some junk in the trunk!!!! It just goes to shoe age means nothing we can do whatever we want at any age, when we make up our minds, you look so good and your face looks so young!!! You are a huge inspiration!!!!

Well party was not so good, no cupcakes, maybe a bite of pecan pie and pretzel bites went down the hole though! Still down .4 even with a really rough weekend so I will take that and move along!!!

203.4 today, might catch me tomorrow but oh well! Now to get through NYC that will be the big challenge, big party at wrok today but it is always disgusting anyways! So that will not be a temptation to me!

Kitty I am glad you liked yours!!!

So BL- of course I fell asleep missed the whole last hour, I think Tony told me John won?? WOW they looked fabulous though I loved Becky, she looked awesome!!!!!

Tony had a tumor in his knee in his early 20's, the doc said having the operation is what caused the inflammation and arthritis to kick in and degenerate the knee, as far as treatment there is a $1400 custom knee brace they can make him to help support his knee, it is actually the outside of his knee that is bad he needs to watch the working out, there will be no running with me, no stair climber just the elliptical for cardio, he is so active, and this year of knee problems is really bumming him out, I said Happy 50th hun, probe up your butt and knee problems, he is going around saying I guess you want a refund, now I am lame, blah blah I think the B-day really affected him, so I am trying to build him up!

Jess- how is your hubby holding up with his knee??
Old 12-14-2011, 03:46 AM   #200
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Meg2039
Stats: 218/186/155
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: 11/2/13
Ay! Party after Party! Only 2ish more weeks and we can go hard core! May we all survive! We have happy hour tonight, and I should be ok as long as I steer clear of most of the stuffed Potatoey,fried breaded,sugar dipped stuff! I'm thinking a dirty martini and wings. Being in Buffalo there are always wings! Save Me!
I'm done with terrible training! I am glad I will be able to check in during the day!
M
Old 12-14-2011, 04:11 AM   #201

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
Poor Tony! Yep, let him know he is still sexy as ****!

Did I tell you how much I love the pendant!!! Thanks again!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT!!!

Have a great day. Don't get caught sneaking on the net!
Old 12-14-2011, 04:46 AM   #202
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Frenchie'sGirl
Stats: 126.8kg/88.5kg/80kg 279/194.7/180
Start Date: March 2011
If it was my doctor telling me to wait for my knee surgery I would tell him to get lost! I dont know what tomorrow brings so I am shooting for today. Why wait around when you can be living right now?
Old 12-14-2011, 06:28 AM   #203
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Amber, I don't know if it's such a great idea to wait if it's really impacting his quality of life.
K's mom had both her knees done and she is like a different person now.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:58 AM   #204
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Love you Angela! I can always count on you to make me giggle at some point!
I forgot to say Thanks, DesertGurl! Amber's journal fills up so fast stuff gets buried in a blink! Glad my degree from Clown College is paying off!
Old 12-14-2011, 08:00 AM   #205
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Aw, poor Tony. I'd get that knee done right away if that is the solution to his problem. I agree with Diane! Life right now really matters!

Good morning, Amber!
Old 12-14-2011, 09:19 AM   #206
Senior LCF Member

Amber, they are telling my mom to wait on the replacement too and she's 70. I think it's ridiculous and keep trying to convince her to just get it done.

She did physical therapy all summer and it helped somewhat. She considered having Synvisc but decided against it. There are some palliative therapies out there but if he's an active guy I would say definitely go talk to someone about the replacement. In 15 years they will only have gotten better and who knows, they may be able to pop the old one out and put in a newer better one and he'll only be 65. Just my 2 cents!
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...t-chapter.html
Old 12-14-2011, 09:51 AM   #207
Blabbermouth!!!

Amber, Dave takes tons of condroitin and MSM supplements, and had to give up running (that was his preferred exercise for many years, but it's too hard on the knee.) He bicycles now, which is zero impact and helps keep circulation going to that area. His problem is nothing exotic, just run-of-the-mill osteo-arthritis in that knee.

When it flares up, he takes naproxen and/or the slow-release Tylenol (I think Tylenol is a waste of time. To me, it's a pretty poor pain reliever, and it's not anti-inflammatory like ibu, but hey, whatever gets you thru the night...) Sometimes he will wear an elastic knee brace for a little support. His problem probably isn't quite bad enough to justify major surgery and a long recovery--YET. It's just a matter of time, though.

It's interesting--I have no joint, back, arthritis, inflammation, etc., problems. Maybe I built up my skeleton by carrying around all that extra weight for so many years?
Old 12-14-2011, 10:59 AM   #208
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Martini72
Stats: ut ohh/aww shucks/wow
WOE: low carbs
Start Date: September 201o
GOOD JOB ON THE CUPCAKES!!!! Like my Glammy says...TELL EM TO FUDGE OFF!!!
Old 12-14-2011, 11:06 AM   #209
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey now. I don't use that kind of mild language! I tell them to **** off.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:40 PM   #210
Senior LCF Member

Ang, you know what would look good with that necklace? Martini's bronze jacket--the one she said she was going to show us pictures of but never did. I'm picturing it in my mind though and it would look banging on you with the necklace.
Closed Thread