Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2011, 12:47 PM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kristie88
Stats: 320.6/249.8/239 6th Goal restart 317.6
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/28/10 re-start 12/7/11
well....long story short im doing low carb hard core again since im back up to pretty much where i started : ( it makes me sick in side to think of how far i got for my body to said nope nope im done and nothing i did was working so im back to pretty much induction style eating until i see the surgeon again .. hopefully it will help because somethings gotta give lol i keep thinking we were around the same size and look at all you hard work and progress!! size 12 omg im sooooo proud of you!! but ill be around i need all the support this time since my head is not in it yet : ) i miss this thread!
259 4th Goal MET JANUARY 2011
249 5th Goal MET MARCH 2011

Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2011, 03:50 PM   #92
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Hun I know it is hard, I know it is frustrating, I have been about the same up and down now =-5 pounds for 3 months, but you can do it, I will be here to support you and encourage you! You gotta move a little that will really help, remember how I didn't want to exercise? LOL Granted I am a little obsessive now but even a little bit helps!!!! The holidays are tough, but try to get geared up for the New Year, you got lots of good reasons, baby daughter, hubby, you want more kids, you can so do this hun, and you are still young!!!! Last year I joined the gym on New Years I weighed 270, I have lost roughly 70 pounds and 5 sizes, you can do it!!!! I know you want it and I know you got the skills, you did it before, I know our bodies shut down that is why I think some hard core exercise will help, my doc said the helps the most with overcoming the IR. What about Freddo's bootcamp? I would so be going there with ya if we were closer!!!

You get your head in the game in the next few weeks and 2012 is going to be your year!!!I miss my pretty NYC gal, and I will glad if you post here we will all encourage you we have all been through it, gaining and losing, losing patience, but it is an everyday thing!!! One thing I learned, everyday is an opportunity to get closer to goal and progress some days are set backs, but you move forward the next!

That is your pep talk!!!! I won't be easy on ya cause I know you can do it! but you know I got your back!!!!
Old 12-07-2011, 03:51 PM   #93

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
OMG That all looks so wonderful! May have to order! ...not right now though...mean girl attitude happening here!

Went to Payless to try on boots the other day. Not one above the ankles fit! Talked to the woman that works there. She said to let the company know. They need to get sizes that fit normal women! I lost all this weight, and I still can't wear them! That is not right. Told her they were losing a lot of sales due to this. How many women would buy boots there if they could fit them! Contact your stores that sell boots girls! Push for wider calves! Realistic sizes!!!
Old 12-07-2011, 04:25 PM   #94

Kitty- WTH, how big are your calves???? You are a freaking bone? I cant understand why they dont fit you, are you sure you are unzipping them,, LOL

Mine are 16 and 16.5, and I am fitting in most regular ones, just not those crazy wonder woman ones those are 14", I swear I was buying boots just cause I could, that was major excitement, but you are wearing freaking 4's that makes no sense you are Twiggy!!!

Avon sells boots, Mom gets them all in an 11 to show at the meetings how lucky am I, LOL They are big, in fact they gap, maybe try those? The crazy Dots store sells wide calve boots, I liked a pair and they were too loose! Payless shoes hurt my feet!! There is also a catalog Simply Bee, they sell boots in 3 calf widths, maybe try those?
Old 12-07-2011, 04:51 PM   #95

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
My calves are 16" right now. Just measured LOL on unzipping them! Some fit, but many are too tight. Have found a couple pairs recently that fit and, of course, bought them! The normal gogo style they sell is like 14" like your wonderwoman boots. Some of the ones I've seen in the stores are too. Will take tape measure with me next shopping spree! Still need to get into Dots!
Old 12-07-2011, 06:09 PM   #96

Yeah the costume boots are ridiculous, all the ones at Target fit me and mine are bigger, you need more places, what about TJ MAx and those places? Go Go boots will be hard ot find now that Halloween is over, you might have to order, maybe zappos with free return shipping? I think they give the measurements

Had trainer workout, that was crazy I cant even describe the stuff she had me doing, I feel like I was hit by a truck already, all floor stuff, ughggh. Finished wrapping every gift, 2 loads of laundry done, dinner for tomorrow done, bills paid, and now Christmas Vacation is calling! I hope I can stay awake!!!! Snow on the way tonight, yuck!!!!!

Last edited by Bejewelme; 12-07-2011 at 06:11 PM..
Old 12-07-2011, 06:21 PM   #97

Ok here was one, staggered pushups, but not like that, with one foot on top of the other so doing it on one foot,

Staggered Push-Up - YouTube

THen this crazy ass plank both legs up and then lift the top leg, this was crazy

Side Plank Leg Lifts Video | LIVESTRONG.COM

This guy makes it look easy I was dying!!!

then high leg lifts over a huge ball alternating back and forth

THen the ball, OMG I hate the ball, on my belly lifting the ball behind me wiht my legs back to my knees,

Then crazy abs crap, alternating arm and leg raises in crunch, had to do all 4 in a series, 15 reps, 3 times, my heart was pounding the sweat was pouring off me, this core crap is for the birds man, I better have some tough abs someday, LOL

I am whiny I am in pain!!!!

None of these are it but here is a good list of ab exercises!
Seriously girls do some planks and push ups and crap and see if you dont work up a sweat, these old exercises will kill you!

I want Six Pack Abs, Core Exercises
Old 12-07-2011, 07:03 PM   #98
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: glamazon
Stats: 290/279/195 ** 6'2
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 5/25/2014
I'll stick with my little kettlebells.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:18 PM   #99
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kristie88
Stats: 320.6/249.8/239 6th Goal restart 317.6
Start Date: 5/28/10 re-start 12/7/11
thanks amber.. i knew if i came here to post it would help me again.. its just all the doctor talk made me feel helpless.....like my only option is the surgery....im still doing what i have to do but its like 6mths away if i do wanna do it.. but for now i have to get what i re-gained off i feel terrible all the time now....and your such an inspiration to me !!

ok so tomorrow ( well today Lol) im starting my indemand exercising again) i cnat believe its been 6 mths i have been off low carb and exercise ugghhh all the back and forth to docs really put my mind in a stall but i am dusting off my exercising sneakers and here we go lol i guess i should change my stats uuuggghhhh ggrrrr
Old 12-08-2011, 03:13 AM   #100

That's a girl Kristie- you just have to start again, and it sucks, but its a new journey, and you can do it!!!! My pom-poms are out and ready to cheer you on, and my whip is out to crack ya when you need it, LOL!!!!! You will do this again, the girls on here will tell you, Angela above-Glamazon--- just got tough again after a little break and she is sucking it up and back on the horse!!! Go to her journal and go back a week and read her post about getting tough with herself, she has a very good one posted where she wrote down everything she learned she needs to do to be successful, write your goals, and read them, I swear by that, some days when I want to go face first into a pile of junk, I think Amber, WTH are you doing, and it pulls me in, let me tell you, not losing now and just bouncing around sucks too, I can hardly push myself more with exercise due to time and my bod is tired, but I have to keep trying, I know there is plenty of fat left on me, LOL
Today is your exercise day, I want a report that you did that!!!! Step 1!!!
Old 12-08-2011, 03:16 AM   #101

Christmas Vacation- what can I say I love that movie, it just cracks me up, what is your favorite part in that?
Mine is a toss up between the rant when he gets the jelly of the month club and when the squirrel attacks the neighbor, LOL
And when he talks to Ruby Sue about Santa, it makes me cry!!
Old 12-08-2011, 03:28 AM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Meg2039
Stats: 218/186/155
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: 11/2/13
Good Morning Amber!
You are busy busy busy!!! I hope you enjoyed Christmas Vacation. Definitely 1 of my favorites! My favorite part is cousin Eddie "shitters full"!!
I didn't make it to the gym (I KNOW!!) I was dressed and heading out when I go sucked into Andrew's "exterior illumination" project. Talk about a Griswold Christmas. He is not done yet, but if it ends up the way he imagines it...
But I have my gym bag packed and I'm going right after work. No fooling around!! 1st step is the hardest. I may even ask about trainers...allthough that is WAY out of my comfort zone, so no promises there. I'm at least thinking about it. That's something!
Have a great Thursday!!
Meg

Kristie88!!!! We can all do this together!! 6 months and you will feel so much better you can tell the Dr. NO WAY!!! He's not the boss of you! Show him! We'll all help!! This is the best group. We're in it together for all the ups and downs!!

Last edited by Meg2039; 12-08-2011 at 03:31 AM..
Old 12-08-2011, 03:31 AM   #103

Meg- getting a trainer for the first time is totally scary but it is not bad, and it teaches you proper form and how to do things, I think it is the best money and investment you can make for yourself! I would say my trainer money is the best money I spend, and it is someone else to keep you accountable!!! Go for it!!!! But just get there first!! LOL
Old 12-08-2011, 06:20 AM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LIVE_FREE_NH
Stats: 254/233/175 5'8
WOE: LC my way, low dairy
I love the movie Christmas Vacation!! - DH and I watch it every year (along with "Love Actually").....our favorite part that we rewind and watch a few times is Ruby Sue saying "we were good last year and we still got the shaft!!!"...second favorite part is the dog Snotz erping up under the dinner table..I could go on!
Old 12-08-2011, 06:43 AM   #105
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
OMG!!! I watched that yesterday too!!! Cracks me up! When Clark was talking to cousin Eddie and was like "Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?" HAHAHHA
Old 12-08-2011, 06:57 AM   #106

LOL, I know so many funny things in that movie, LOL That is a classic!!!

Will have to watch Christmas Story this weekend, and I think my son wants to see Elf, I think we have that one, I like Christmas with the Kranks too, and the one with Mathew Broderick and Danny Devito I always forget the name of that one, and the puppy one at the orphanage with the girls, Oh that was good!!!! I love Christmas movies, I am totally bummed that Bobby doesn't believe now, it sucks, LOL It's like in his rational head he knows its me, but he is still young enough to think it could be, so sad, but he will still humor me and put out milk and cookies, LOL

It's like Christmas Shoes, I will hear that song 100 times til Christmas and I will bawl like my eyes are being stabbed out, every time, no matter where I am, car, desk, bawl like their is no tomorrow, LOL Tony is like I hate that song, I said what kind of jerk are you?? LOL
Old 12-08-2011, 07:35 AM   #107
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceecee08 View Post
OMG!!! I watched that yesterday too!!! Cracks me up! When Clark was talking to cousin Eddie and was like "Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?" HAHAHHA
This has got to be some of my fave lines too! I also love it when Clark goes sledding!

Christmas w/ the Kranks..love love love... when Luther (Tim Allen) gets the botox and then tries to eat...when they go to tan in those itty-bitty bathing suits...OMG! I laugh til I'm in hysterics!

Christmas Story we pretty much watch all day long on Christmas Day..I think it's TBS that plays it from like 8pm Xmas eve til 8pm Xmas day.. LOVE that movie!! I think I know every single line from it it's classic!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 12-08-2011, 07:51 AM   #108

Deck the Halls is the one with Matthew Broderick and Danny Devito,

Santa Paws is the other one with the dog, OMG I love that movie!!!!! Total tear jerker, the kids looked at me like I was nuts, LOL
Old 12-08-2011, 09:22 AM   #109
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Christmas Vacation is my FAVORITE holiday movie of all time! Our family always watches it on Christmas Eve afternoon while we're baking cookies, finishing the wrapping, etc. Man, I love that movie. I could write a whole book here listing all my favorite parts!
Old 12-08-2011, 09:27 AM   #110

Tony found a site on line that has the script cause we are always fighting about stuff like,

They had to replace my metal plate with a plastic one. Every time Catherine would rev up the microwave, I'd piss my pants and forget who I was for about half an hour

He's cute ain't he? Only problem is, he's got a little bit a Mississippi leg hound in 'im. If the mood catches him right, he'll grab your leg and just go to town. You don't want him around if you're wearing short pants, if you know what I mean. Word of warning though, if he does lay into ya, it's best to just let 'im finish.

Eddie is just funny!!!!!

And CLark:
[Clark is looking at lingerie, as a voluptuous saleswoman approaches]
Mary: Can I help you with anything?
Clark: Oh, I was just smelling - smiling. I was just blouse - browsing.
Mary: For your wife? For your girlfriend?
Clark: Uh... huh? What happened? I, uh, heh heh. Well, I guess it just wouldn't... Oh hee hee, it wouldn't be the Christmas shopping season if the stores were any less hooter than they - HOTTER than they are. Whew. It is warm in here, isn't it?
Mary: You have your coat on.
Clark: Yes, oh do I? How'd that happen?
Mary: Because it's cold out?
Clark: Yes, Yes, it is a bit nipply out. I mean 'nippy out.' What am I saying, nipple? Ah, there is a nip in the air, though.

Last edited by Bejewelme; 12-08-2011 at 09:29 AM..
Old 12-08-2011, 09:38 AM   #111
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
"It is a bit nipply out" has just become part of our family's vocabulary, haha!
Old 12-08-2011, 09:49 AM   #112

I know we say that too, LOL
Old 12-08-2011, 09:49 AM   #113
Blabbermouth!!!

For years my dad and my DH were Clark & Eddie... hilarious to hear them quote from allll the Vacation movies...

the scene in the department store is classic Clark! Like him and Christy Brinkley in Vacation...

They just don't make movies like that anymore!
Old 12-08-2011, 09:50 AM   #114

I got Tony a DVD of all the other Vacation movies for Christmas, I was looking for Harold and Kumar but I cant find the 2nd one in any of the stores, LOL Now I cant order since I was stripped of the credit card, LOL
Old 12-08-2011, 10:22 AM   #115
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMG HILARIOUS!!! "nipley out" HAHAHAHA

I love the classics too... Charlie Brown Christmas, The year without a santa claus.... I still watch them. Now DD watches them.

I also like how th Grinch Stole Christmas. And all the christmas movies on lifetime.... about finding love ect.... I love christmas time.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:25 AM   #116
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Meg2039
Stats: 218/186/155
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: 11/2/13
My favorites are Elf,Scrooged,Christmas Vacation,Ralphie and Bad Santa when I'm feeling naughty. And My true confession: I have also been know to veg out in front of the Hallmark Channel Christmas Movie Marathon. I love sentimental ones!! Pass the tissues!
Old 12-08-2011, 10:52 AM   #117
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg2039 View Post
My favorites are Elf,Scrooged,Christmas Vacation,Ralphie and Bad Santa when I'm feeling naughty. And My true confession: I have also been know to veg out in front of the Hallmark Channel Christmas Movie Marathon. I love sentimental ones!! Pass the tissues!
Oh yes Hallmark Channel!!!!
Old 12-08-2011, 10:53 AM   #118
Blabbermouth!!!

Scrooged! Awesome Bill Murray!!

There's a lifetime movie with the chick from The Terminator..... My youngest DD and I watch it every year! She gets left by her husband, ends up homeless, meets a new man without expecting it, finds a career...so cute! I'll have to research and find out the title.. I just love holiday movies period!!
Old 12-08-2011, 11:17 AM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kmcentire
Stats: 223/192/175
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Scrooged! Awesome Bill Murray!!

There's a lifetime movie with the chick from The Terminator..... My youngest DD and I watch it every year! She gets left by her husband, ends up homeless, meets a new man without expecting it, finds a career...so cute! I'll have to research and find out the title.. I just love holiday movies period!!
It was on the other day, but I can't remember the name of it! Good, good movie.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:35 PM   #120
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: nikkiluvslowcarb
Stats: 315 /164.4/ 155
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: June 7th 2011
I love Christmas With The Kranks, Christmas Vacation, The Christmas Story and Charlie Brown's Christmas.
Closed Thread