Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2012, 01:43 PM   #631
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BigBlue10
repeated below *weird*

Last edited by BigBlue10; 01-07-2012 at 02:02 PM..

Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2012, 02:01 PM   #632
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BigBlue10
The OSMO count is prolly low b/c you drink lots of water are low on sodium ..... can't let your electrolytes get low. have some iodized salt - it's prolly cause you are eating cleaner which is good but you still need sodium in your blood stream (it's actually one of the precursors for muscle contraction so don't neglect that)

The BILI is prolly your bilirubin count, which has to do with your liver, b/c you are exercising a lot more lately and under stress i would have it tested again in 30 days. the quiting smoking anxiety is probably not helping either. Are you getting enough sleep and by 11pm at night?? that's when the liver does most of its repair work if you are up and gun-ho after that time and not getting proper rest you stress it out that way as well.
Yoga, and when you go, clear your mind. Calm soothing thoughts. And get it retested, maybe nothing, but you only get one liver
Old 01-07-2012, 02:04 PM   #633
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BellaRose
Love the picture..

Your doing great..got most of
Holiday weight off. Amazed at your
exercise routine.

Congrats on stopping the smoking!

Amber remember our husbands love
US..they don't see the extra weight,
sagging boobs, ect. We all are the lucky ones.
Love and enjoy!
Old 01-07-2012, 03:04 PM   #634
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Glad you made Tony happy - wasn't so bad, was it??

How did the hike go or was it too cold?

It does sound as if Tony is willing to do things. You might ask him which chores would be the best for him, things he wouldn't mind doing and didn't have to be asked or reminded about - mine folds the laundry and puts it away. I do the laundry and then put it on the bed...it magically disappears.

Of course, there is only laundrey for 2, so it is not overwhelming. I have learned after many years that doing something that needs to be done the minute you see it helps to keep chores in line - ie. taking the hair out of the shower as you are getting out of it.

It sounds as if your day has been nice and I am glad.

We will be interested in the hot yoga tomorrow - maybe Tony will even really like it!

Hugs
Old 01-07-2012, 04:25 PM   #635
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Tony killed me today, OMG I am dragging, it was 5.34 miles which doesnt sound like mush but with almost 1,400 feet in elevation and walking over all the rocks, and mud and sticks, I wasnt ready for such a workout, and trees over the paths, we were climbing up and down rocks, I was spent!!! Three hours and 15 minutes, darn tracker said I burnt 700 calories, I said I felt like I burned about 5,000, I am hurting now, def used some muscles not used to being used, it was a wonderful beautiful day it hit 58 degrees that is just unheard of here in PA at this time of year. At one point I thought we were in trouble the sun went in, it got dark and looked like it would rain at any minute. We only did part of the hike, I will see if I can post a map! Tony likes hiking and even he said this was a rough trail!!! Did I love it, not exactly it was muddy and hard at times, but he likes it so I told him I am all about some good exercise so he can drag me out, what I did love is that we spent 3 quality hours together really talking about all kinds of things and that was good!! So then we got home and I crashed, totally asleep, I wok up and dinner was made, a big juicy steak, a beautiful salad, all I had to do was throw together the dressing, and the washing machine was spinning?????? Go figure!!!!!!!!!!!! I thanked him for doing that, and made a big fuss about it, LOL

So we are drinking water like crazy we didnt take any I thought it would take like an hour, OMG my mouth was like the dessert and I had to pee so bad, and no way I was peeing in the woods, I draw the line!!!! LOL

Hiking Workout | Endomondo

Last edited by Bejewelme; 01-07-2012 at 04:28 PM..
Old 01-07-2012, 04:30 PM   #636

Christine- yeah the bili was normal in August, I think it had to do with the Metformin too since that is liver function as well, the OSCO makes sense that it would be low since I do drink a lot of water, and I suffer with leg cramps even though I take potassium, I am trying to eat a banana ever now and then, even though I hate them. I got coconut water to drink tomorrow morning, it says it provides instant hydration, I figure we will need that before our 90 minute sweat!! LOL
Old 01-07-2012, 04:47 PM   #637
Major LCF Poster!

Do you like kiwi's - funny fuzzy fruit? They are supposed to have more potassium than bananas. I don't know if you can get them in PA this time of year or not, but most fruits are flown from place to place these days.

Glad Tony got his hike in and you got to spend some time together - just the 2 of you..

Sleep tight!!!!

Old 01-07-2012, 04:53 PM   #638

Yes I do like kiwis I will eat those instead less carbs!! See you are so smart!!!! They do get pricey I will go on a price check around for them! My son loves them too he likes them in his smoothies!
Old 01-07-2012, 05:26 PM   #639

Gallery: kittycitygirl
Stats: High:215; current 168
WOE: Low Carb: my way;)
Start Date: April 3, 2010
Yay for making it through the hike. Sounds like the kind of thing skinny kitty used to love doing. Hmmmm..... LMAO of peeing in the woods! When ya gotta go...

kiwis...mmmm...How many carbs? Love them too! Hide the expensive kiwis! LOL

Yay Tony!!! Guess he got the message! Tony gonna get some!

Throw a bit of salt on your food. It isn't that bad for you unless you have high blood pressure. Not like you eat loads of it anyways!
Old 01-07-2012, 05:35 PM   #640

Yeah I try not to add salt there is so much in the foods we eat, I love salt though!! I am going to use all the dang fancy salts I buy everyone else!
Tony sent me the pics

That is my normal look, LOL No makeup and bad hair

Old wine cellar you can read about it, sort of cool, way up the mountain the man never came down for 20 years until he died.

A funky fungus on a limb

The lake we ended up at
Old 01-07-2012, 05:46 PM   #641

Love it! Love it! Love it!

You look beautiful even without the makeup and hair fancied up! I bow down to you though, I would have to do the makeup.....what if I ran into someone up there? LMAO!!!!
Old 01-07-2012, 05:48 PM   #642
Major LCF Poster!

What a beautiful spot. I have flown in and out of Philadelphia and gone to Wilmington, Delaware. That is the extent of my PA travels.

Is this within walking distance of your house or did you drive there?

Kiwifruit Nutritional Information

Kiwifruit (also called kiwi fruit, kiwi, and Chinese gooseberry) has a flavor which has been described as a cross between strawberries, melons, and bananas. In the summer in the Northern Hemisphere, California provides most of our kiwifruit, while New Zealand takes over the rest of the year.
Carbohydrate and Fiber Counts for Kiwifruit

1 medium kiwifruit, without skin, a little less than 3 oz: 9 grams effective (net) carbohydrate plus 2 grams fiber and 46 calories.
1 large kiwifruit, without skin, about 3╝ oz: 10 grams effective (net) carbohydrate plus 3 grams fiber and 56 calories.
Glycemic Index for Kiwifruit

The averages in studies of kiwifruit ranged between 47 and 58, with an average glycemic index of 53.
More Information about the Glycemic Index

Glycemic Load of Kiwifruit

1 medium kiwifruit, without skin: 3
1 large kiwifruit, without skin: 4

More Information about the Glycemic Load

Health Benefits of Kiwifruit

Kiwifruit are an excellent source of vitamin C, as one large kiwifruit contains about as much vitamin C as 6 oz of orange juice. They are also a very good source of vitamin K, and a good source of potassium and copper. They also contain relatively large amounts of phytonutrients, which may help protect our cells from damage.

There are some carbs, but also lots of other good things in them.

We have spent a lot of time in New Zealand on our wanders they grow them for miles on end.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:32 PM   #643

Bella- I keep forgetting to mention that I am glad you are stopping by!!!! You sound like a wise person too, I like having wise friends!!!!

Kitty- makeup in the woods, REALLY???? I used to be like that, you know full face to get the mail, now I love not being all dolled up on weekends I like how my skin feels on Monday!!! LOL

Seabreeze- I love kiwi wow an orchard of them must be something to see!!
Wilmington is not much different than here, we drove to the entrance of the trail head but it was like maybe 2 miles from my house! I live on Montgomery if you can pull the map around. It is amazing I drive up this mountain everyday and never to think to look there, the trail we were on was the Gravity Trail they had a Gravity Train, no engine it would fly down the mountain, it was popular with the tourists from Philly, the area near me used to be an amusement park the little lake I run around here was in the heart of it, and the Italian Restaurant here was the ticket house. I should pay more attention to stuff, LOL Like today seeing that wine vat and it was a social hall up there and the man that ran it never came off the mountain for 20 years!!
Old 01-07-2012, 07:07 PM   #644
Major LCF Poster!

Getting late your time. We are leaving in a few minutes for dinner and then the Elton John concert. I'll let you know about it tomorrow.

Sleep tight!!
Old 01-07-2012, 07:08 PM   #645

Have fun cant wait to hear about it!!!!
Old 01-07-2012, 08:24 PM   #646

SB: Thanks for the kiwi info...groves of them.....nice! I like seeing the orange trees growing! Kiwis would be so cool too!

Around the house, unless a planned "event" or visit is happening I don't do the makeup, but when I leave the "yard"....LOL! I don't do heavy makeup, but I need the basics on! LOL I can be covered in mud, rained on, filthy, but still the makeup. Ok with just pulling the hair back or up. Camped at High Point for 3 days without running water, portapotties only, no elec. or showers, but I put on makeup every morning! LOL

Jealous if you SB tonight!
Old 01-08-2012, 03:27 AM   #647

Kitty- you are Glamour Kitty!!

I woke up so early, I am so mad, I wish I could sleep in later, too much on my mind!

what 1/4 pound lost for all that yesterday? Oh that is what gets me going, but I have been drinking tons of water for today!!! No more warm days it is suppose to get cold and yucky here again, yuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I always feel like when you pass bad food up, or exercise really hard you should see a 5 pound loss!

Getting scared to see if I can keep losing this week, I know I had the Christmas bloat this week that accounted for the 7 pounds so far, if I stall out again I am going to be ticked, I really want to be out of the 200's here soon, it is ticking me off!

My legs are getting bulky with muscle, even Tony said the other night I can't believe how much muscle is in your legs, I can't build muscle like that, this is a problem, so I am hoping the yoga might stretch them out and make them look better, I do think the thigh skin looks a little better though since the summer, so maybe it is a good thing, but I can see it now I will get my stomach fixed then not be able to get my legs in smaller sizes, always something! It is hard to exercise and do stuff to burn fat without using your legs, why cant the arm muscles come that easy? LOL

So more laundry and tons of water, will let you know how the class is today!!!

Have a good Sunday!!
Old 01-08-2012, 05:02 AM   #648

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post

I woke up so early, I am so mad, I wish I could sleep in later, too much on my mind!

what 1/4 pound lost for all that yesterday? Oh that is what gets me going, but I have been drinking tons of water for today!!! No more warm days it is suppose to get cold and yucky here again, yuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I always feel like when you pass bad food up, or exercise really hard you should see a 5 pound loss!

Getting scared to see if I can keep losing this week, I know I had the Christmas bloat this week that accounted for the 7 pounds so far, if I stall out again I am going to be ticked, I really want to be out of the 200's here soon, it is ticking me off!
Amber, using an entry from my blog to illustrate a point and keep your spirits up....

A scale does not tell the whole story of what is happening with your body. Think: recalibrating. That is what is happening right now with you. You just dropped a lot of weight, your body needs to sort through what has happened, and recalibrate. Please be patient with it. You have done your part. Let your body do its part. Patience will win.

Read on:

AND I WILL REITERATE: I ADORE YOUR NEW AVATAR. SO BEAUTIFUL, WOMAN!

Last edited by WATCH-ME-SHRINK; 01-08-2012 at 05:05 AM..
Old 01-08-2012, 06:22 AM   #649
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Meg2039
Stats: 218/186/155
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: 11/2/13
I agree with Twyla...patience my love. It is easier said than done, but face it! Even if you are in a mode where you will only lose half a pound a week, you will still hit wonderland in 6 weeks! And honestly, I bet your not going to lose that slow. I bet you will have tiny losses and bigger losses...that seems to be the pattern...I know that is how I am!!

Colder here today too. Feh! Glad I took advantage yesterday and took a nice long walk. Not a big hike like you though!

Have a great Sunday!
Meg
Old 01-08-2012, 08:24 AM   #650

I know T, I hate letting the scale control me and I know I am losing inches but I want under that damn 200 so bad now, I am going to get there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meg-good for you hun, walking is great exercise!!!!

Well we just got back from the Bikram Yoga, we survived, LOL WOW that was a new experience for sure, I sweat like never before in my life, it was too crowded though the place just opened and there were 50 people packed in this tiny hot room, you were on top of everybody, at one point I looked at Tony and he said I cant believe you brought me here! LOL It was a mental and physical challenge for sure. I am not quite sure yet how I feel, my face is bright red, I feel like I could curl up and go to sleep actually. My muscle aches are completely gone I have never felt more limber in my life. I felt a little light headed near the end and it feels like I have a headache coming on, looking at the instructors though, damn, they are freaking ripped! The owner of the studio gave birth 2 weeks ago and she is teaching at 11, unreal!!! So I got a 10 day pass for $20 to check it out, I am going to try to get there 3 more times this week, for the calorie burn and the sweating and detox, I think it is a good thing! I can see how it is good for you and the poses you do what you can and keep trying basically, the first 45 minutes I thought took forever, the last 45 were on the floor I preferred that, Tony had to leave he said laying on the floor he felt no evaporation and started feeling dizzy. I stayed the whole time, but man I couldn't wait for the cold air to hit me, it was humid heat too, not a dry heat like I thought it was. I am going to go shower and I think lay down and see how I feel I am freaking starving, but dont know what sounds good to me after all that, LOL After talking to people they all seem to say it is addictive and has taken many aches and pains away, there was a girl who was like a gym rat and she said she has seen better weight loss and inches in 5 classes than a month of her regular routine, hmmm??? I think it is a good addition to the exercise plan, but lifting is still my first love no matter what, but I think this will help the muscle soreness I experience and maybe the breathing exercises I can incorporate into running!!!
Old 01-08-2012, 09:27 AM   #651

Amber, I agree with Twila. I had moments too that I didn't lose...not talking about lately, before...The body needs time to readjust. Then, it will lose again. Some may take longer. I believe in those set points now too. I think where I am at now is a set point that my body wants to stay at. I want it at a different set point though! Grrrr...Stick it out and keep working hard. All of the cheats before didn't help last fall, but you are doing it now! The body will come along.

Hoping your next Yoga session isn't so crowded. I too can see this as a good thing!

Glamour Kitty! LMAO!!! That is so not true! Hahaha! Insecure Kitty more like it! You would have died if you saw me at those events! Basic makeup on, but oh, so not glamorous! Not the divas that sat by as they watched the guys get down and dirty. LOL Nah, kitty was pit crew for DS! Walking the track digging through the muck for a shifter lever is a moment I will never forget! DH wouldn't even do it! DS and I alone! LOL What a site! Found a dollar, but not the lever
Old 01-08-2012, 10:51 AM   #652

LOL Kitty!!!

Yeah the bloat came off I just hope it keeps up, you would think not cheating with junk and being strict and increasing the exercise would help!

Still not sure how I feel, my body feels good-great in fact my nagging shoulder doesnt hurt now, my wonky knee even feels good ----but I feel tired. I laid down but didn't sleep we are both starving!!!!!!!!!!! Made some turkey bacon but then didn't feel like eggs, I am trying a new experiment I love Chinese pot stickers, so I am going to make the filling like sausage meatballs and no dumpling and see how it turns out, thought they might be good for lunch this week, got some veal for veal picatta tonight, now if I can get the energy today to cook, I need to run too, I have to get my 3rd run in, not sure I have it in me after today but I will see how I feel after dinner, in my mind I know I need to do it. I promised myself I was going to follow couch to 5K, every week but the hike and yoga were new additions but if I start skipping I wont go back and I need to keep it up!
Old 01-08-2012, 04:23 PM   #653

My potstickers turned out awesome!!!! WOW so good that was the best sausage I got at the market, I thought it would be really fatty but it wasnt, it is worth buying at the Amish Farmers Market the meat is so much better!!! Then had very tender little veal tenderloins, and mushrooms in a pan broth with ghee and beef better than boullion, very good!

Returned the nicorette the CHantix says not to take any nicotine replacements, so far the Chantix is working I am smoking way less!!! 9 more days til my final quit date I am getting so ready to be done!!!! The yoga was good for eating you sort of didn't feel like eating crap after all that sweating, been drinking a ton of water!!!!

Going to go relax and watch the games!!
Old 01-08-2012, 07:05 PM   #654
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Izzysdream
Stats: 219/142/145 (5'7") age 56
WOE: HCG vlcd 1 April 2, 2014
Start Date: April 1, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycitygirl View Post
I think it is a combination of several things. It can be fixed hun.
Ditto!
And ditto on the beautiful profile pic!
I smoked about half I normally do today....guess it's a start.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:39 PM   #655

Yay for both of you reducing the cigs!!! KUTGW!!!!!

This yoga sounds good. Dinner sounded yummy.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:12 AM   #656

Izzy that is a start, I think cutting back then quitting is the key, the cold turkey is too hard, I am praying the Chantix will keep working!!!

203.4 exactly the same as yesterday! Tony gained 3 pounds, I guess we sweated all that out and then had to drink so darn much, he was like I cant believe I didnt lose 10 pounds from sweating! Well my bod feels so good but tonight that will end when I see my trainer! LOL I didnt get the 3rd run in yesterday I was too wiped and it was too cold, my stupid gym closes at 3 on Sundays I hate that! But I got 3 strength training workouts, 2 runs, a hike, yoga, and the Birkam yoga- so I met my goal of 10 hours of exercise in so I feel that was a little more than I had been doing, but this week I must run the 3 times, I have to do that to burn this fat! So I got 7 pounds of bloat off still not down to 202 that I was on 12/19, so gotta work on getting more off, I hope my bod cooperates this week! I feel good eating as I did last week, the sweet cravings are gone, so that is good, the picky feeling is still there but I have been eating cottage cheese or greek yogurt when I feel that way! I did get some of that L-Glutimine too I added that to the mix! I also added Aleve, man maybe that is helpful!!!

Last edited by Bejewelme; 01-09-2012 at 03:15 AM..
Old 01-09-2012, 03:26 AM   #657
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Frenchie'sGirl
Stats: 126.8kg/88.5kg/80kg 279/194.7/180
Start Date: March 2011
stopping by quick to leave hugs, will catch up soon (hugs)!
Old 01-09-2012, 03:31 AM   #658
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Meg2039
Stats: 218/186/155
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: 11/2/13
Morning Amber.
sorry the stupid scale isn't cooperating. I am sure that the water devil is playing with you, especially after all that sweating and water drinking! But you are doing awesome. I know the scale will catch up!
10 hours of exercise. I love that goal!! I never thought about looking at it like that, but is gives you a lot of flexibility as to what type of exercise you do to fulfill that goal! I may use that down the road. Right now, my goal is to just get there!!
Have a great Monday.
M
PS THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO!!! You are so loving and giving of your experience and your time and I know that everyone on here appreciates it and loves you. I don't think we say it enough, but
Old 01-09-2012, 03:39 AM   #659

Aww Meg, thank you hun!!! I just want to see everyone meet their goals, cause if I could do it anyone can!! I want them to feel successful to keep on trying!!! Once you see results it keeps rolling!!!
Old 01-09-2012, 03:50 AM   #660
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: nikkiluvslowcarb
Stats: 315 /164.4/ 155
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: June 7th 2011
Good morning Amber! I agree with Meg, thanks for supporting us and cheering us on. You are an inspiration!

Have a great day my friend!
Closed Thread