LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2013, 06:37 AM   #511
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Luca
Stats: 204/159/145
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 7/4/11

So, today I weighed in at 157.6.

I am ok with that as I am getting back on track. Work has been extremely stressful. I have a new obligation to handle at work and it has been so much to deal with. The good thing is I will have my spring break next week which I feel is much needed. I think next week will be a good opportunity to start an exercise routine.
Luca is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2013, 04:13 PM   #512
Major LCF Poster!

Well, this morning I weighed in at 155.2.

The down size to this is my stomach has not fully recuperated. Today I nibbled on a few things I shouldn't of because I have barely eaten anything in the past week....
I plan on cooking some good foods tonight (snacks) and hopefully I will pick up some stride again.
Old 05-04-2013, 04:53 AM   #513
Major LCF Poster!

Today I weigh 153.8.
I am feeling good but continue to be stressed out at work. The next 2 weeks is something I have to get through professionally. As far as making food choices, I think I am doing a good job. Discipline in that area helps me and I have to remember the ill effects of binging which has been something I have used to cope with trouble and stress in the past...hoping for a good weekend.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:55 AM   #514
Major LCF Poster!

Today I weighed in at 150.8.

I am so happy about it!

Not sure what I am doing but I know that work has been stressful and I am worried about other stuff -maybe I am burning off calories with emotional stress?? I am watching what I eat...staying low carb but also less quantities of food. I was binging quite a bit there for a while.

I have to get through today at work successfully-next week is A HUGE week for me and hopefully things will die down after that....BUT I will just take it one day at time for now.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:16 AM   #515
Major LCF Poster!

Today I weighed in at 153.
I am happy that the weight is going down but I do notice I need to lower my calorie intake. Hopefully with some carefully planned, fewer, high fat meals I will get into a routine and feel both satisfied while I lose weight.

Mothers Day brunch today-hoping to do well!
Old 05-25-2013, 08:54 AM   #516
Major LCF Poster!

5/25

So today I weighed in at 155.8

I have had a bad month. Overall, considering my last journal entry I was at 153, I don't think I have done too bad.
Today, is my children;s b-day and my graduation dinner, so realistically I will be eating a few items off plan.
I plan on having NO bread or pasta but a glass of wine and a pastry.
Weather permitting, I want to go for a walk tomorrow. Now that thing shave calmed down at work, I feel like I need to get back some control, of myself and of my home life. My focus has to be regained here (not my weight).
I want to have a great end of the year at work and a wonderful summer with my kids and dh. I hope to be gentle with myself and my family.

Today, I want to celebrate all good accomplishments with my family and enjoy everyone's smile and laughter-the good things in life. No obsessing.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:35 AM   #517
Major LCF Poster!

Today I weighed in at 155.8 just like my last post.
I am recommitting today. Enough is enough. I have fell off the wagon and have made it "ok" to have foods that are not good for me and my lifestyle for different reasons. So far today I have had 2 packs of almonds, coffee w.CO and splenda, a diet coke, and a sub in a tub-LC sandwich(no bread).

Tonight, I plan on having sausage and peppers.
I am craving something sweet & I am so tired but I think it is just the induction flu getting ready to kick in. I have come so far to let go of all I have accomplished. I am ready to take this back on again. The weather is nice, my kids need my energy, and clothes are way too cute to not buy when your thinner!
Old 06-13-2013, 07:20 AM   #518
Major LCF Poster!

Today I weighed in at 156.2.
I wont dwell on that. I KNOW I made good choices today despite some huge cravings.

SO, here is to another good day with good choices.
Old 06-23-2013, 05:56 AM   #519
Major LCF Poster!

Today I weighed in at 158.8.
I know...2 steps forward 3 steps back. I have been going thru some major life "issues" in the past 6 months. I think this has a lot to do with my lack of control in the woe department. So now that summer is starting and i will be home, I need to really examine what I want and goals for myself and my family. I really want to focus on my family and my health. I am disappointed in myself because I do have a wedding in 2 weeks that I thought i would of been out of the 150's by now and would be wearing a sexy dress for. I think I have to let that idea go now because it has been putting a lot of pressure on myself. My friend who was going thru some health issues wants to join a local womens gym this summer and I am really interested in that too.

So, I think at some point today and tomorrow, I want to write down some goals for myself this summer. I also think staying focused on all that I have accomplished and staying positive is crucial for me to progress any further at this point.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:22 AM   #520
Major LCF Poster!

Today I weighed in at 155.8.
I am slowly getting myself focused again. Although, I feel like I have a long way to go get to where I was months ago. The key for me is finding the way to balance work/life and my health. Along the way in my life, I have learned the incorrect unhealthy way of dealing with life and its stresses. It's amazing how strong those habits really are. Two years later in this woe and I still struggle with undoing a lifetime of bad choices.
I have to look at each day as one day and as a milestone to uncover. I must sloooow down this summer and make mindful decisions especially reactionary ones.
Today I want to make good meals, make lists, and get my hair cut.
Anything extra would be great-but that would be it for today.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:43 PM   #521
Major LCF Poster!

Today I weighed in at 155.4.
I survived last night but actually had a small white castle burger at like 2am when my husband got in.
I screwed up I know, but I think I am not so upset because the bun is so small. Plus I cannot go on beating myself up over a bad choice. I have to remind myself those choices can lead to guilt, extreme behavior, and self sabotage OR I can handle it as a minor indiscretion in which I just pick myself up and carry on from.
I am trying very hard to recommit myself to a healthy lifestyle both physically and spiritually. It's just too important at this stage in my life.
My goal today was to eat with mindful choices, finish my list and do one or two of those things.
ALso, to clean the floors. (maybe even go thru attic stuff w. my hubby), have taco night with the family with a fun homemade dessert (for them). And to finally get enough rest.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:30 AM   #522
Major LCF Poster!

I weighed in at 156.8 this morning. I ended up eating way too many calories last night. But I slept, spent quality time with my family, cleaned, and went to bed at a regular time. I need to work on having a solid nights rest-I am not a good sleeper and I am reading so much about getting a enough sleep and its importance.
Today, I need to do laundry, sign my daughter up for an activity, go to the doctor, make a simple dinner and make good eating choices for myself.
My list is getting longer but I definitely want to find a balance between getting things done and enjoying the summer with my family.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:41 AM   #523
Major LCF Poster!

I weigh 156.6 today.
I just looked back at posts from January and I am so disappointed in myself. I've been yo-yoing with 6-8 pounds this whole time-I am so bummed out about it. My second year into low carbing has not been as successful as I wanted it to me. The bottom line is I've been letting myself get away with excuses about eating stuff that is off plan. My lack of exercise has not helped either. Trying to find my way again-but how? It seems and feels so hard? I know I want this more than anything but not sure how to navigate thru this slump....
Old 06-29-2013, 04:22 AM   #524
Major LCF Poster!

I weighed in at 157.6 this morning.
I'm kind of upset about it but I almost seriously binged yesterday BUT stopped before it got out of control. To me, that was a big accomplishment. My dh and I were in a big fight and when I got home, I went to eat a stash of cookies he has. I ate three then thought about what other food I could start devouring because my inner voice was saying, "I had screwed up anyway" but then I stopped. My rational head said, "The 3 cookies are a bad choice but eating more will be even worse-purging, even worse than that". So I was done after the 3 cookies.

Today is a new day. I will never stop trying-I will NOT gain the weight back I lost-and I am determined to lose more weight BUT this is NOT a quick fix. I am retraining my brain.
Today, I hope to learn from my mistakes and see where patterns in bad choices are made. I tend to eat more and make poor choices after conflict and at NIGHT. I also get bored, tired and anxious at night which leads me to eat poorly. I am hoping to either write, type here, chew a piece of gum or sleep when that happens again.
Today I want to make good eating choices, do more on my list like food shop, get my daughter's dress, return stuff.
Ughhh....here's hoping for a good day...
Old 06-29-2013, 05:00 AM   #525
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Garden
Stats: 176/148/Skinny (5'4")
WOE: LC/LC
Start Date: 12/12/11(restart)10/02/13
Dear Luca,

Reading through your May and June journal has me doing an "OMG, that has been exactly what I've been struggling with" moment. I feel your pain and exasperation .

I have been "away" from my own journal and tracking my intake of calories and carbs. Yo-yoing for the months of May and June . This time last year, I was about 6 pounds lighter. I don't know what it's going to take to get to my goal, but reading your thoughts and struggles has helped me this day to get back to the boards and focus on me! Thank YOU !!!

Don't beat yourself up - you've come SO far !!!

Susan
Old 06-30-2013, 03:45 AM   #526
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Garden! Your stats look great! Only 10 pounds away from goal.
You can do it. Thanks for responding to my posts. It's been more than a few months that I have been feeling derailed. I do know this woe is my only option and the only person/reason I can blame for no pounds lost, is myself. Like I mentioned, I do not handle stress and emotions in the right manner. All of my life, food has been a comfort, friend, and vice. So, those issues have resurfaced full force with me again. I just have to get back to basics and take it one day at a time like I did when I was most successful. Lately, when I think too ahead, it makes me anxious and ultimately I eat too much or make bad choices (high carb foods). I have a wedding this coming weekend and when I think of how much weight I could of lost, I get depressed. Really, thoughts like can (usually in the past have and can make me react in extreme ways. Like, fasting to punish myself or by binging to self soothe. Both are not healthy ways to deal with emotions. SO back to basics for me! Accountability here is one way I am dealing with things too.
Are you finding your way back Garden? Any strategies that helped you before?
Old 07-01-2013, 02:44 AM   #527
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Garden
Stats: 176/148/Skinny (5'4")
WOE: LC/LC
Start Date: 12/12/11(restart)10/02/13
You words have helped me re-focus and I thank you for that. I go from one extreme to another - eating super well to over doing it with a WTH attitude and pay the price as a result. I am back on the right path to return to better habits. Birthday is Friday and I know I will indulge in the wrong foods, but I'll return to better eating the next day.
Garden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:34 AM   #528
Major LCF Poster!

Today I weighed in at 160.2.

I know about 2-3 pounds is water weight.
I'm not dwelling but I am going to be in super strict mode.
eggs and bacon for lunch and salad for dinner
I am going to try and do laundry, make some calls and then I am getting a facial tonight with friends.
I definitely feel like I need a week or two just being home & getting into a routine. It will be hard this week because of a wedding my kids are in this weekend-so I will be out a lot. That makes sticking to this woe a little more difficult but I will try.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:40 AM   #529
Major LCF Poster!

Today I weighed in at 159.4.

I ate so well yesterday and I expected the scale to be down 3-5 miraculously.
But I am REALLY trying to be "gentle" with myself so that I can avoid the extreme emotions I feel about my weight. I recognize this is what causes poor decisions on my part. It's important for me to lose weight but to remained focused and balanced on my family.