Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2012, 12:19 PM   #361
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Luca
Stats: 204/159/145
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 7/4/11

Well I weighed in at 163.4 today. I almost had a binge last night BUT I did not do it-I started to nibble but stopped. I was getting anxious and sad after a graduate school meeting I had with the others and I noticed those feelings were not acknowledged and I went straight to food-a little hunger added w. unmanageable feelings is a danger zone for me. Fortunately, I ate almonds and called it a night....
Today has been great-had a playdate with my kiddos and my friend's kiddos. It was so much fun! When I get out and get going with the kids, the day seems to run smoothly. I have some errands and chores to do tonight. We will be grilling sirloin for dinner...hoping to stay on track again tonight. I fight the most cravings from 3:00 to the end of the night...I really want to lose weight b4 I go back to work.
Luca is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2012, 09:32 AM   #362
Major LCF Poster!

Today I weighed in at 163.2. (trying not to care about numbers but need to keep myself accountable)

Today is all about errands, lists and laundry. I am going white water rafting tomorrow with some family and Sunday we have a birthday party so that means I have to get organized today. I am doing my best to stay on track and be positive despite no immediate results.

I love this journal as I always used to write in my journal to write down how I am feeling...

Hoping for a good rest of the day w. some smart choices....
Old 08-04-2012, 05:59 AM   #363
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Maximoon
Stats: 165-170/155/151, 5'8"
WOE: No sugar, no flour diet
Start Date: April 2012
Hi Luca,

Just stopped by to wish you a fun rafting trip today and birthday party tomorrow! Busy weekend! Take care, and I'll look forward to your next update.

Hugs, Jenna
Maximoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:27 PM   #364
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kare30bear
Stats: 5' 3": 201(16/17)/137.4(5/6)/120(?)
WOE: LC/JUDDD (6/20/12)
Start Date: LC 3/7/11; restarted LC 4/30/12; JUDDD 6/20/12
This must be a birthday party weekend, I'm doing the birthday celebrating today for middle DD. Hope yours goes well.

I like to watch the numbers for accountability too, it's nice to be able to pinpoint possible issues daily/weekly...though I can't always figure them out.

Rafting sounds fun, hope you have a blast!
kare30bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:50 AM   #365
Major LCF Poster!

I had a very busy weekend. Rafting on Saturday was fun. Not much white water so it was lots of rowing to get anywhere-but it was a fun outdoorsy excursion and I am happy I went. Yesterday was my nephew's party and that was fun too. I am pooped today! Laundry, grad work, and list making is what I am up too today. I have to say I am very proud of the food choices I made this weekend. Tomorrow I plan on exercising (walk) w.out my friend (she is away). I skipped today because I was just too tired. I realllllly want August to be a successful month!
Old 08-08-2012, 08:46 AM   #366
Major LCF Poster!

Monday ended up being a bad day-family drama & I was too lazy to get anything done....Tuesday was better....

Today is off to an "ehh" start. I did not walk this morning...I have not walked since Friday w. my friend. I have to meet a friend to do graduate work today and I am hoping I can get a chance to walk around the lake once after that. I'm feeling a bit anxious because I feel like I am running out of time to do all the things I want to do this summer. One thing I want to do is buy a crockpot and try out some new LC recipes I can use for me and the family this fall.. I have a ton of loose ends to tie up for kids school shopping, dr. appt.s, car and home stuff and just relaxing stuff....ughh...all this and I hope to lose more weight. It has been slow and I know I have messed up here and there BUT I don't feel I have completely derailed. I think if I see some changes in the scale-a few pounds-it will get me motivated to continue with more vigor.... Makes me think how I am envious of people who have never had an issue with weight and food....

Last edited by Luca; 08-08-2012 at 08:48 AM..
Old 08-08-2012, 09:02 AM   #367
Major LCF Poster!

And to think, I thought summer meant more relaxing and less work....boy was I wrong. The older I get, the faster things spin around me and I have to try hard and keep up. But there are those days where we just feel the need to not do anything bc we are about to burn out. Sounds like you have a lot going on, hope you find some "me" time in there. (I should listen to my own advice )

I was thinking about "those" people who don't have to worry about their weight last night. No matter how much I lose it's always going to take work for the rest of my life, but at least we know what works and what doesn't now and just bc their skinny, it doesn't make them healthy.

Drama is the pits, I've been dealing with that too. The worst is when it's family drama, I hope it gets better (if it hasn't already).

Have a great day Luca!!
Old 08-09-2012, 08:56 AM   #368
Major LCF Poster!

Well, last night I was able to go for a walk and I swear that made such a difference in how I slept and woke up this morning. I did not weigh in today but I do feel lighter. I have a feeling I have to significantly lower my calories (quantity of food) in order to see a difference. It upsets me a little because when I first started LC, I ate much more....and thought, "WOW ,this is to good to be true!" Now, I realize that calories and quantity DO matter. Fortunately, I know essentially my body does not require that much food any longer anyway AND the it also means I have to be very in tune to what my body actually needs not wants. Emotional eating vs. true hunger. Ugh..every day is a learning experience.
Karen-you are a right. Like you, no matter how much weight I lose, or even when I get to goal, I will ALWAYS need to be conscience of what and how much I am eating. BUT I also know this way of eating is the best for me..
Old 08-09-2012, 05:23 PM   #369
Senior LCF Member

Hi Luca,

You make a very good point about emotional vs. actual hunger. Plus, it's sadly true that calories do make a difference. I hit a huge stall, I think, because I lowered my calories to the point that I stopped losing because my metabolism slowed so much. So I've upped the calories, gained a bit, then maintained, now I am very slowly starting to lose but just cutting the cals slightly, a bit at a time. Of course exercise also does wonders too.

Darn it, why can't it be easier!!! But the good news is that this way of life is ultimately the best for us.

Take care! As always, I look forward to reading more of your updates.

Hugs, Jenna
Old 08-09-2012, 07:15 PM   #370
Major LCF Poster!

Jenna-cute avatar w. your son! And yes, I feel like lowering calories will help me lose BUT gee I hope it doesn't make me stall ...I feel like it may help me break the stall. I am checking my weight tomorrow morning and will hope for the best...This whole thing get tricky and I hate to obsess but I feel like at a certain point you have to analyze to know what actually works best for your own body...thanks for sharing..
Old 08-14-2012, 03:17 PM   #371
Major LCF Poster!

I weighed in at 164.2 this morning. I am fighting some serious cravings for carbs lately-I know that this is brought out mainly by stress. I go away in 2 weeks and then start work again. In that 2 week time I have so much to get done. To top things off I ask my mom for some help (who does not work, who is healthy, who does nothing all day) and she always, always gives me crap about it! I hate even asking-usually they are minor things like watch my young children for a couple hours so I can run and do some stuff...I NEVER ask but when I suggested or hinted I may need her today, she gave me crap about it....
I am already getting e-mails about work, my grad class has many assignments still due and I have to get the children ready for school before we go away. It would be nice to lean on my mom, but I can never talk to her. We always talk about her-she never once asks about me and what I go through. Ughh....had to vent. Trying to stay focused and not get off track with my woe....
Old 08-14-2012, 06:27 PM   #372
Senior LCF Member

Hi Luca,

Feel free to vent away. That's what we are here for! It's tough when you can't rely on someone, especially your own mother. That must hurt.
I have some unreliable "friends" who act the same way, and it drives me crazy.

Good luck with all that you have to do. We're here for you!

Hugs, Jenna
Old 08-15-2012, 06:50 AM   #373
Major LCF Poster!

Wow, you are really busy...no wonder you are stressed out. The last thing "we" want to do is worry about food when in that situation. You're gonna get through it and hopefully things will start to slow down for you soon.

That is really unfortunate that your mom acts like that, some people in my family do it too, I rarely ever ask for help from them but when I do I get the same reaction. I hope she comes around to support you and be there for you someday...she is really missing out.

Have a great day Luca, hang in there...things will get better for ya. We're always here for ya when you need to vent. Take Care!
Old 08-17-2012, 03:45 AM   #374
Major LCF Poster!

163.6 this morning.
I noticed I was at 162 the other day and it was because I was having a bigger breakfast in the morning-just coffee and almonds. I did ok for 2 days or so but last night I became so hungry and then my skinny husband went and got Taco Bell...well I had some nachos. You know, I don;t feel horrible about it? Before that we went out for ice cream and I did not have anything.

I noticed after the nachos, I got a bad feeling, like a binge was going to happen but I quickly stopped. So, I am trying to look at the positive side of things. My dd has a play tonight and I am baking some goodies for after the show. I have a TON of laundry and need to clean up b4 the grandparents come over after the show-
Now to figure out the menu for the day...
Old 08-17-2012, 08:13 PM   #375
Senior LCF Member

Hi Luca,

It's important to always keep track of the positives, isn't it? The fact that you didn't go into a full-blown binge is GREAT. Pat yourself on the back for that.

I hope things are going well for you. Looking forward to the next update!

Hugs, Jenna
Old 08-19-2012, 07:31 AM   #376
Major LCF Poster!

I weighed in at 163 pounds today.
I am not excited about it because the pattern has been up and down for over a month. It is mostly my fault...I guess...

I have to go see my brother an d his fiance today. They just bought a house. I think I will be fine there because they are having a bbq. Busy week ahead, hoping I can get it together....
Old 08-19-2012, 07:58 PM   #377
Major LCF Poster!

That's great that you were able to stop the binge...I've been struggling in that area lately. I hear the Pringles song in my head once I start.

Cooking is no fun for me when I "can't" eat it. Baked goods send me off to talk myself in and out of eating them the whole time. Hope that went well.

Ya just never know when you're going to cave in and indulge a bit or fight it off completely. Didn't sound like it was too bad of a splurge with the nachos though. Give and take.

I'm glad you're hanging in there, you're such a strong and determined person!
Old 08-20-2012, 10:47 AM   #378
Major LCF Poster!

I weighed in at 163.2 this morning. I took my dd and friend and her dd shopping today. My twins started full day summer camp to get used to a full day of school and I am tired....(it's only 1:30). This week I have to be productive. We are leaving for the beach Saturday and I will get too anxious if I don't tie up some loose ends. Times like these I feel like how do I get anything done when I am working? It's crazy. As the kids get older, I notice it is going to just get more hectic...
uhhh..I guess like eating and everything else, I have to take it one day at a time....(or hire a personal assistant).
Old 08-20-2012, 03:27 PM   #379
Senior LCF Member

Hi Luca,

Sounds like you have a FULL PLATE, friend. Maybe you do need an assistant. I wish you luck getting all of your stuff done before you go out of town.

On the work matter, I only do part-time (3 days a week, 6 hours a day), so I can't imagine what it is like to balance a full-time career and family...SUPERWOMAN!

Take good care of yourself these busy days...

Hugs, Jenna
Old 08-22-2012, 11:58 AM   #380
Major LCF Poster!

Weighed in at 164.3 this morning. I ate late last night-not sureof that has anything to do with. I notice the days I go down on the scale are the days I feel more deprived. I definitely think my body needs less calories yet I don;t think I am overeating??

So far my 8 yr old dd and I spent the day going thru clothes...what a chore! Spent the whole day home doing it but it needed to get done.
Still so much to do!

Thanks for all the support friends..
I sure need it and appreciate it!
Old 08-22-2012, 03:06 PM   #381
Senior LCF Member

Hi Luca,

Hopefully you are making progress with all you have to do!

I am not sure if you are eating too much or not, but have you been exercising on a regular basis? I can share with you that I have been in a stall for a very long time but all of a sudden the scale started to move downward this week. I think it's because my body got used to the exercise I was doing and readjusted my metabolism, firing it up for some reason. When I start exercising, I gain weight for a while and then maintain for a long while (6-8 weeks). Suddenly I start losing, like I said. It is somewhat of a mystery to me.

I'm not sure if you are eating too much, which can also have the same effect.

Whatever happens, I'm here for you, friend. Take care of yourself!

Hugs, Jenna
Old 08-26-2012, 05:26 PM   #382
Major LCF Poster!

Down the shore, not sure how much I weigh. I am starting to try to read one of Geneen Roth's about emotional eating. So far it's pretty interesting. It is also making me think about the way I present and talk about food to my daughter. I am trying to stay on target & I want to have fun with my family at the same time. I must admit, I do feel better in my bathing suit this summer. Hopefully, next summer it will be even better too....
Old 08-30-2012, 09:10 AM   #383
Major LCF Poster!

Still down the shore. I am sitting with my ds who got sick from my dd. Thankfully, it seems like just a cold. So while I am giving him some TLC, I am doing laundry at the beach house. I can never get away from laundry! BUT it is definitely better at the beach! I made some bad choices with eating yesterday. I am trying to to read Geneen Roth's book, whenever I get the chance, but I find myself agreeing and disagreeing about some of her thoughts.
I don't think I am at the point where she discusses eating what you want, whenever you want-as this will reduce the crave and want for that food.

I KNOW I am not there. I can eat "bad" food for a long time and do major "damage", feel lousy about it and then do it all over again! I need discipline and control. I do agree with her thoughts on being good to yourself and realizing that food will ALWAYS be there. I am not missing out- With LC eating, I do not feel deprived. But I do need to plan and stay organized or I can find myself grabbing convenience foods. Today, I want to make a list of some sort of system/plan/menus for my fall/work schedule. I feel like even though I am have not lost as much I wanted to and have also lost some focus this summer, I do not want to gain back any weight or sight of the big picture. Going to the boardwalk tonight and I do NOT want to give in to the fried OREO or funnel cake monster!
Hope all my LC friends are doing well! Your support and kind, wise words have truly guided me....

Last edited by Luca; 08-30-2012 at 09:11 AM..
Old 08-30-2012, 10:02 AM   #384
Senior LCF Member

Hi Luca,

Hope your kids get better soon! That's a drag...

I know what you are saying about needing self-control when eating. I also agree with what you read about food ALWAYS being there. I had an eating disorder a few years back and now and then, I will still get the feeling that I can't get food for some reason and I feel desperate, very out of control. But then I just talk to myself and reiterate that IF I want food, it's there. But it's my choice, I have that freedom, to choose it or not. It's such a mind-game, isn't it?

I wish you luck with everything. Looking forward to the next update!

Hugs, Jenna
Old 09-04-2012, 12:41 PM   #385
Major LCF Poster!

Well today I weighed in at 160.8.
I checked after I got back from vacation and the scale read 162.4. I was excited and shocked by that because I was not strict while I was away. That little shift has motivated me and I guess that is why I am down to 160.8. (sooo wishing for 150's!) I know I have to eat less. That is what has made me budge from 162 to 160. I am very nervous about eating more calories and gaining it all back....
I started back at work today. I have to say I did not sleep at all last night. It is catching up to me right now. Thankfully, my MIL is making dinner for my kids and my oldest daughter does not start school until Thursday. My twins did not cry going to school today. I am hoping to get a good menu goig for next week and to finally use my crock pot. This week is going to kind of have to be a hodge podge of food that I have with leftovers.

Trying to get back into the fall/school schedule is difficult but I am determined to do it and stay on track....I am looking at this week as a gradual settling in.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:13 PM   #386
Senior LCF Member

Hi Luca,

Good job down to 160!!! You are indeed so close to the 150s. You'll get there---I just know it!

I wish you a night of very good restful sleep tonight. Sounds like you have a lot of things happening right now. Take care!

Hugs, Jenna
Old 09-04-2012, 09:21 PM   #387
Major LCF Poster!

That sounds like the same thing that happened to Jenna, maybe there is something to letting go and not stressing out about things every now and then.

You WILL see the 150s!! Congrats on the new low.

I bet everything and anything is better when at the beach. I'll have to check out that book, I'm always interested in learning.

Quote:
I KNOW I am not there. I can eat "bad" food for a long time and do major "damage", feel lousy about it and then do it all over again! I need discipline and control. I do agree with her thoughts on being good to yourself and realizing that food will ALWAYS be there. I am not missing out- With LC eating, I do not feel deprived. But I do need to plan and stay organized or I can find myself grabbing convenience foods.
This speaks to me, I am the same way. If I don't plan and keep accountable I will binge to no end and it gets U-G-L-Y. Plus, I think there are foods out there that can do some serious damage to us, even in small amounts...wheat, for one. It's good that you don't feel deprived, that's probably why you are so strong willed with the situation you had been in.

Have you ever checked out Lisa Marshall's blog? It's called 24/7 LC Diner. She has an ebook on there for about $10 that I purchased and it explains her freezer meals (low carb) and has really good recipes, just thought I'd suggest it to help you out with your busy schedule.

Have a great night.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:12 AM   #388
Major LCF Poster!

Today I weighed in at 160.8.
That darn scale does not want to read in the 150's~

Anyhow, I am surviving my first week back at school for me and my own kids.
My oldest dd loves school but my other 2 preschoolers are not enjoying it that much. I can't wait to just get home and get myself organized with food and my house this weekend. I soooo want to stay focused and not get lazy about my woe.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:47 PM   #389
Major LCF Poster!

Hey...at least it didn't move upward, that's success.

You sound like you're on a mission.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:59 AM   #390
Major LCF Poster!

Hooray! The scale read 159.8....I can't believe it!
I know one glass of water will make it read 160 again BUT I am happy to see my scale is not broken.

I had bought a few dresses and different clothes and it's interesting to see the different reactions I get from people. Honestly, most people are complimentary and others just seem to stare me up and down and not say a word??
I know I feel good and I am going to make it my goal to stay away from negative people in my life. Relatives are one thing-(can;t change that) but friends or coworkers, I do NOT need to be near them.

Hoping for a good day...