Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2011, 07:42 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sloppail
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD Restart May 20 2014
Time To Climb Back Onto the Wagon...

Wow...I'm looking at all the journals here and realizing they are all pages and pages long...then there is me and my itty bitty journal. Oh well, I have to start somewhere...and today is the day. I need to start eating low carb again...for me. It works. This time around, I am not going to weigh myself every day...weighing every day is a big mistake for me because if I don't see numbers I like, I don't keep going. So...I am going to weigh once a week...on Sunday.

My starting weight : 162.8

I want to lose 40 pounds and be in the higher/ middle range of my BMI. I am 5' 3"m and a small frame. I don't have a set schedule of weight loss...I am going to eat low carb every day and try not to cheat and just do my absolute best every day. I will eat when I am hungry and not eat when I am not hungry...I will do something else instead of eat when I am bored...When I lose 5 pounds, I am going to reward myself in a non food way. I am going to write in this journal everyday and record the good and bad...and when I look back at my journal after I get to goal...I am going to be proud and impressed that I perservered.

I will come back later today and write about how my first day went.

~ Kim

Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2011, 05:49 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

So...had a great day 1. But ...usually I have a great day 1. I can always do day 1 and get through day 1 with no issues. It is day 2 that is the difficult one, and I don't really understand why. I think it's partly psycological...missing comfort foods that do nothing but make me fat and crave more comfort foods...foods full of sugar and carbs...I just need to get through this first week and I will be ok.

Today I exercised on the treadmill, and drank 8 glasses of water. My menu was good:

B: 1 atkins chocolate shake w instant coffee and pumpkin pie spice
S: 1 can tuna w mayo
L: 1 oopsie roll w 1 slice ham and 1 slice cheddar cheese w mustard
D: ground beef w low carb spagetti sauce and mashed cauliflower w cheese
S: small container of ground beef and cauliflower meant for my lunch tomorrow

Had 1 can of diet coke also...

I did well today...I know tomorrow will go just as well, as long as I remember that this is a lifetime endeavour. If I quit and eat like I always have, I will stay as I am or GET LARGER. I need to change what I am doing to get different results...I will do this

~ Kim
sloppail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:23 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

See...my bad. I restart today...at 163.4
Old 11-21-2011, 10:34 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: green team
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppail View Post
See...my bad. I restart today...at 163.4
Most of us stutter and start a bit before we get going. It's a sign of determination that you are back at it. Best of luck.
green team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:38 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rice paddie
Stats: 259/200/155
WOE: a little of this plan, a little of that plan...
Start Date: 6/4/11
Hi Kim - we've all fallen off the wagon at some point. All you can do is pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back on plan. Just take it day by day and meal by meal....you can do this. Good luck and best wishes on your weight loss journey!
rice paddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 07:15 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Thank you so much guys!! I really need the support! I can't believe how tough it is to just do 2 days in a row. I know if I stick with it, it will get easier...then easy to do. The good news is I completed day 1 today...again. I will get through tomorrow and Sunday and then I will be ok. I know I can do this, because I've done this before, and I know I feel great when I am eating low carb...sugar and flour just make me feel awful, so there's my prod right there.

Today I ate : one atkins shake, a chicken salad with guacamole, chicken wings and more salad, and a pepperoni stick. I feel strong tonight, and I will get through tomorrow, and then the next day, and the next. The only one stopping me is...me. I want this...to be free of my sugar addiction.

Kim
Old 11-26-2011, 08:31 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: green team
Quote:
Thank you so much guys!! I really need the support! I can't believe how tough it is to just do 2 days in a row. I know if I stick with it, it will get easier...then easy to do. The good news is I completed day 1 today...again. I will get through tomorrow and Sunday and then I will be ok. I know I can do this, because I've done this before, and I know I feel great when I am eating low carb...sugar and flour just make me feel awful, so there's my prod right there.

Today I ate : one atkins shake, a chicken salad with guacamole, chicken wings and more salad, and a pepperoni stick. I feel strong tonight, and I will get through tomorrow, and then the next day, and the next. The only one stopping me is...me. I want this...to be free of my sugar addiction.

Kim
I think sugar addiction can be cured by going cold turkey, but it cannot be conquered by half. Sugar is a peculiar substance because, though we depend on its sweetness, we don't notice most of it--which is how it manages to invisibly inhabit so much processed food. If we give up all sugary stuff at once, a week later we almost cannot bear the taste of it, having regained ownership of our tastebuds.

Saying goodbye to sugar doesn't mean saying goodbye to sweetness, though. What happened to me was that I began tasting the natural sweetness in things. Cream in coffee or on fruit, for example, provides sweetness in the lactose. Formerly bitter foods like walnuts and even lemons suddenly tasted sweeter. I can even taste sweetness in my dental floss now, and I'm looking for an unsweetened mouthwash because mine now taste likes dilute treacle. If you take the first drastic step, your body will help you with the rest.

I'm sure you don't need convincing that sugar is bad for us, but it stiffened my resolve when I read Gary Taubes's Is Sugar Toxic? He suggests that sugar might even be associated with cancer, as cancer cells thrive on sugar. A long read but worth the effort.
green team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 05:10 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Its interesting how sugar is in so many things...hiding out so we don't know it's there, except for the label. Also intersting how it may be associated w cancer...didn't know that. AllI know is when I eat it, I crave more, be it in actual sweet things or in savoury stuff. I can't stop myself, hence my weight gain. I have a Mother of a headache right now, but I have perservered through day 2. I have been drinking water and have had some salt in the form of soy sauce on green beans...thinking of some chicken broth soon. Hopefully soon things that aren't really sweet will taste sweeter to me...

Weighed at 161 this AM, lost 1 pound Went to the hockey arena to watch my son play and did not eat a rink burger (homeade burgers fried w melty cheese and soft buns...mmmmmm) The burgers may have breadcrumbs in them...?? Waited till I got home to eat a burger minus the bun that I made myself...w melty cheese on top and a side of guac w green beans. I made some zucchini roasted int he oven w olive oil but it was an old zucchini and tasted bitter, so I threw it out and had a little corn...bad choice but better than the fried potatoes I also made for the rest of my family.

Just took some advil...I hate headaches...maybe this will actually help me remember to not cheat...

Kim
Old 12-04-2011, 07:19 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

I decided to perservere for 1 week and see how I did before I wrote in this journal...I was making empty promises to myself and not following through...I'm happy to report a successful week!! I lost 4.2 pounds this week and I feel awesome...now. I had 2 days of headache, which was horrible...detoxing is horrible. Now I just can't cheat...I know how I have to eat to look a certain way and feel that way too. Onward...

Kim
Old 04-10-2012, 06:35 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Back again...20th time maybe?? You'd think I would learn by now that nothing but this actually works for me...Hello Kim????? I need a kick in the booty...
Old 04-10-2012, 07:14 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 8/18/14
If you look at my journal I started it at least 3 different times. It was also short until this last attempt and I've been making myself post at least a few times per week to my journal.

You can do it!!
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:26 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Amber...I just need to know that I haven't used up all my chances to lose weight...I keep thinking that one of these times weight loss will not work for me anymore...that scares me so much. I know that if I just do this one day at a time, one day will turn into two, and so on and so on....I also think of where I would be if I had just kept at it and hadn't quit. I guess the good thing is I am starting again...today. I stayed low carb all day, and made myself some cauliflower crust pizza for lunch today. It was good, but the crust stuck to my baking stone and fell apart...so I ate it with a fork.

I am just feeling sorry for myself...sorry to vent. I know the only person that can help me is ME...so I must do this. Eating low carb is not only healthier for me, but it works

Tomorrow is day 2...

Kim
Old 04-11-2012, 05:47 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Had another good day today...made cauliflower mash and chicken for supper last night and took some to work for lunch today. I am going to walk on the treadmill in about 20 mins. I need to focus on the fact that this is going to have to be something I do every day...for the rest of my life. I have really enjoyed my food the last two days and I just need to keep it interesting and tasty...otherwise down the drain I go.

Kim
Old 04-12-2012, 06:21 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Had a good day again today...when I'm on and focused it seems like nothing can get to me. We've had marshmallow peeps and scones in the staffroom at work today and I had NONE!! Time to go walk on the treadmill...

Kim
Old 04-13-2012, 07:55 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Love the smaller numbers!!!!! So far this week I am down 6 pounds...YES! Just enjoying my vanilla atkins shake with coffee and white chocolate Torani mixed in for breakfast No headache this time...so far...

Kim

Last edited by sloppail; 04-13-2012 at 07:58 AM..
Old 04-15-2012, 03:37 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Started TOM yesterday so I expected a little water weight gain...it will come off soon. Been doing the proper eating along with some treadmill walking, went to a dance last night and ate steak and ceasar salad, had 2 vodka diet cokes and water. Desserts galore were there but I did not eat any I actually wasnt tempted for once ... I danced some, and at 11:30 I was still wide awake with energy to spare but went home because my daughter needed me

Things are going well, and I feel good

Kim
Old 04-15-2012, 03:50 PM   #17
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: RedZaftig
Stats: 000/000/000
Quote:
went to a dance last night and ate steak and ceasar salad, had 2 vodka diet cokes and water. Desserts galore were there but I did not eat any I actually wasnt tempted for once ... I danced some, and at 11:30 I was still wide awake with energy to spare but went home because my daughter needed me

Things are going well, and I feel good

Kim
Oh? I love to dance...where did you go? Congrats on all your weight loss! I cant wait to get down into the 150's myself!
RedZaftig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:04 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

My husband plays drums in a band, so he played at a dance last night in our community hall He had a late night...3:30 AM, but I was in bed wayyyyy earlier . Dont worry Red...you will get to the 150s soon!!

Kim
Old 04-15-2012, 05:50 PM   #19
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Nurse Juno
Stats: 230/215/140
WOE: No plan-just minimal carbs!
Start Date: Thursday 4/12/12
Kim, I sooo feel your off and on again commitment to the program also known as the lifestyle change. I had dreaded headaches the first 2 days but muscled through. I'm going to weigh weekly (remember you were gonna do that too, but it is also addicting isn't it?). Keep up the postings. I feel like you could have written mine for me as well, lol.
Nurse Juno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:32 PM   #20
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: RedZaftig
Stats: 000/000/000
Quote:
. Dont worry Red...you will get to the 150s soon!!

Kim
Thanks for the boost Keep up the good work and yes, keep posting!
RedZaftig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:12 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Hi Nurse Juno!! I am such a weakling when it comes to weighing...I talk big and tough then always crumple to the possiblity of a good number...and then I weigh usually everyday!!

Hey Red!! I will keep posting...I have to!!

Had a great day today, made some coconut curry crockpot chicken for supper last night and took it to work for lunch today...my family didnt like it but I did. I made a cauliflower mash to go with it...my new favorite vegetable dish

Will walk on the treadmill tonight for a bit...Have a great night everyone!!

Kim
Old 04-18-2012, 07:39 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Had a great first week on LC, feeling good and no cravings...I had a test yesterday of my commitment...and I passed... went to watch my daughter play badminton in mixed doubles at a neighbouring school in another town at 1:30, they played till 4:30 and got 4th out of 9 teams, which is great!! Then we hopped in the car and drove 3 hours to another city to watch the Harlem Globetrotters show with her basketball team for their windup...I got home at 12:30 AM. Soooo...no good food in all that time....I had pistachios with me and I ate them, and didnt crave the other junky food they had to sell there I also lasted till 12:30, which is huge for me in terms of energy!! I am usually bagged by 9:30 PM...my new WOE gives me energy!!

I love Low Carb!!!!!!

Kim

Last edited by sloppail; 04-18-2012 at 07:41 AM..
Old 04-20-2012, 03:28 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

10 days in and I have lost 7.4 pounds so far...feeling great and not craving Had a taco salad for lunch minus the shell w chopped chicken...it was delish I am loving the clear head I have...it is so awesome to not be foggy in the head all the time. My tummy has shrunk in size internally and externally ...YAY! I am not thinking about food 100% of the time...today we had to wait to eat lunch till 1:30 and I was not crying the blues about being hungry to my husband...that's a first!! I am a happy camper

Kim
Old 04-23-2012, 06:01 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Have a sore throat and stuffy nose today...not feeling great but still keepin' on...am still loving my atkins shake for breakfast Had chicken and hot sauce w peas for supper, peas arent real low carb I know but I wanted them tonight...kind of a weird comfort food. Drank lots of water and walked on the treadmill a bit today... I am doing GREAT!!

Have a great evening all!!

Kim
Old 08-31-2012, 07:38 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Has been awhile since I've journalled...hated writing down that I did nothing. I recomitted to low carb for the last time June 25th...have done 2 solid months of low carb, meaning no cheats I am 143 pounds as of this morning!! I started at 164.8, so that is 21.8 pounds gone Also numerous inches...I am wearing some capris that are a small size 10...I probably could do an 8, but I like the feel of sitting in them and not having all my waist and belly blob over the top of the waistband I am eating lots of vegetables, 2-3 protein shakes a day w coffee, an 8-10 oz piece of meat for supper, and some cheese, although not a lot. I absolutely love broccolini and mushrooms sauted in olive oil w sea salt Who knew?

Anyway...things are going well...just wanted to finally document a positive thing in my journal instead of negatives over and over My body loves low carb...I just needed to allow it to be the number one thing in my life instead of the junk I used to love...

Onward and down!!

Kim
Old 09-01-2012, 08:57 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

142.4 this morning

Went to my Aunt's house yesterday with my 2 kids, my aunt and uncle live abou 1.5 hours away from us. My aunt is a fabulous cook...you name the comfort food and she makes it , I told her before I came that I was living low carb now, and she respected me BUT...she still made all the comfort food for the kids, and I had to resist. However, it was easy for me to do when I have been eating this way for two months
She made homeade mac and cheese, chicken fingers w breading, homeade apple pie and ice cream, and we got chinese food for supper...I got a subway salad w roast chicken instead I had such a nice visit, and I brought my low carb stuff with me to eat so I wasn't stuck ...planning really is EVERYTHING!

Have a great day everyone!!

Kim
Old 09-02-2012, 08:22 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

142.0 this morning...the scale briefly said 141.8, but did not stay

Had my sister in law come over last night with her twin girls...had a nice visit. I had 1 vodka and diet coke with lime and she had beer...we booked our girls spa weekend in Banff last night for October I am excited!! I should also mention that my family and I are going to Cayman Islands in October as well for a week, so I am so determined to get to where I need to be. I NEVER want to do this drastic weight loss again!! A few pounds maybe, but never 25-30 pounds again. It is so bad for my body to yo-yo...not to mention how bad sugar is for me, and how I lose all control when I eat it. I just cannot eat sugar anymore and that is how it is. I am now 69 days cheat free...that is an accomplishment in itself for me

Have an awesome day everyone!!

Kim
Old 09-03-2012, 09:51 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member

141 this morning!!

I am no longer overweight according to the BMI charts

That in itself is huge for me. I have lost 23.8 pounds so far...about 5 to go because I wanted to get down past the normal BMI range a little. I feel so great right now...happy, satisfied, at peace with myself I am a much better parent and person when I am smaller. I have so much more patience, and my kids are happy to be around me when I am feeling good about myself...I must remember this when I am tempted to throw it all out the window...

Low carb has given me these things...This is the way I must eat or I will not be successful. Period. The thing is that I like the foods on low carb...that is great! I know now that sugar skews the brain and body to make bad decisions...just like a drug. Would I knowingly take a drug to feel good? No. I have talked to my kids about not taking drugs and what happens when people do...I will stay away from sugar, because that is my bad drug. I am always going to be addicted, but if I stay away from it, I will be ok. No, more than ok...I will be fantastic!!!!!!!

Kim
Old 09-03-2012, 08:32 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: manders
Stats: 232/191.1/140/5'8
WOE: hHCG
Start Date: Feb 2012
Hey! I noticed we're fellow Albertans!

Congrats on being in the "normal" zone! Woohoo!
manders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:11 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

140.6 this morning!! A fine morning it is!!!

Thanks Mandy for stopping in...it's sure nice to be "normal" Where do u live in Alberta?

Going to work soon...the kids first day of school today...Daughter in gr 10 and son in gr 3...wow time flies!!!

Kim