Old 10-08-2011, 09:56 AM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/142.5/135
WOE: HCG
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 11/2013
METQA'S P4 JUDDD JOURNAL

Watashi o mitte!

Hi, I'm Metqa ( that's with a Q, not a G )

Metqa
Metqa
Metqa
Wow, it DOES look funny when you look at it too many times..... Anyway...

I'm starting a journal to keep track of my attempt at JUDDDDD.....I think that's too many D's.

The reason for my choosing JUDDD is that I'm between rounds of HCG and I'm trying to maintain my losses before starting my next round.

I want to whittle down my pantry which has many high fat foods and many low carb bake mixes which are starchy nonetheless. Because I am allowed to incorporate sugar/starches in P4 that's not a problem, but I also am eager to keep losing and those pantry items would not be allowed even on my liberal rogue plan.

So I was looking for a way to maintain or lose a bit while using up my low carb bake mixes and cans of mackeral and salmon and high fat beef, and butter and cheese.

JUDDD seemed to make the most sense for me. Because I'm familiar with a Very Low Calorie Menu, the Down Days should not be too difficult, and on the UP days I could use my Pantry foods and not worry that I won't be able to eat what I've made for 2 or 3 more weeks.

The ideas I had in mind for my JUDDD plan are as follows:

Down Days:
-similar to HCG Omaha Menu: Lean meats, Low cal veggies, Low cal fruit. Low cal grains.
-I can use my Designer Whey Protein and Coconut or Almond milk for low calorie shakes
-Any choice of sugar/calorie free foods for convenience
-try to keep my calories between 20% or up to 500 calories.

Up Days:
-I am considering keeping EFGT ratios for up days - 65% Fat, 25% protein, and 15% CHO's as ideal, but at least 50% fats

-I'll be using low cal/low carb convenience packaged bread ( HealthyLife Brand) , but I am striving to use my older bake mixes by incorporating them into Oopsies, Floospies, LC Pizza Crusts or other high fat bread substitute recipes that I usually enjoy. I want to get some more modern LC flours like what KevinPa used, but I promised I'd use up my current stash before buying anything else. Plus i need practice in baking and cooking flour products, cause frankly I stink at making anything flour based!

- I have no specific plans for Veggies or fruits except that I'll keep the higher sugar fruits like apples for UpDays rather than Down Days.

Everyday:
-I'll post my menu
-I'll post my weight
-I'll post any thoughts about any anomalies.
-I'll keep track using ****** cause that's what i"m used to

I know Dr. Johnson doesn't suggest daily weighs but they are a habit for me and I like knowing. I also chart my weight so I want it to be consistent.

I think I'll give this experiment a 2 week time frame. One week to see if I can stick with it, and two weeks before I judge it on results.

If I only maintain, I will be not terribly disappointed, because I need to maintain before I start HCG again. But, if I lose any, I will be very Happy indeed, because I'm 3lb over my latest goal , but maintaining at that number.

I'd rather lose a few inches, but se la vi, neh?

Thanks for reading. I'm sorry in advance for being boring.

Comments and suggestions are
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898

Last edited by metqa; 10-08-2011 at 10:20 AM..
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2011, 10:16 AM   #2

Day 1

60.4 Kilos
+/-0.0 K

Today's Projected Menu

Shrimp Soup:
Shiritaki Noodles
184g Shrimp ( shells boiled for broth)
3 stalks celery
4 dried Shitake mushroom, rehydrated and soaking water used for broth
1 fish boullion
teaspoon fish dashi

Chocolate Protein Shake
1 Serving Whey protein Chocolate flavor
2t Cocoa powder, cause their chocolate flavor was nonexistent!
Ezsweetz
8oz So Delicious Unsweetened coconut milk

1/2 grapefruit x 2
Old 10-08-2011, 11:49 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rede4nw
Stats: 204/174/140
WOE: Rx hCG
Start Date: June 2011
I will be interested to see how this works for you. Your ratios are vastly different than Fozzie99, more carbs less fat-making it a little more flexible for most people. It will be fascinating to compare the two an the occasional blip to determine what is driving the releases. Will you continue this program while on hCG or return to a clean p2 protocol?
rede4nw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 11:57 AM   #4

Ho,ho, hooo, that is the question! will I continue this on HCG, or return to a clean P2 protocol.

There is NO returning for me! Muahaha! My last round was very rouge but still not that far off. I was too scared to try EFGT with HCG. So I'll probably follow my old plan. but...

The final answer will be determined by the results of my JUDDD experiment here.

Thanks for mentioning the ratios. they don't add up right ! Should be 60% fat and that's my minimum, I don't want it lower than that because I am eating more carbs and want this to still be a higher fat than carb diet.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:44 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
This is way too complicated for me to even read! You youngsters have got such terrific minds....

Maybe it is because I have become so GLOBAL in my old age... all I want to know is if it works for me... do it... if it doesnt, dont... Cant keep up with your techy stuff but have fun! <3
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 12:53 PM   #6

Hey Faithful!

Okay, the short version is :

Down Day: low everything!
Up Day: Low Carb/High Fat, with Bake Mixes/Low carb bread.

That's essentially it.
Old 10-08-2011, 01:12 PM   #7

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
HOWDY METQA!
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 06:27 AM   #8

Hey Deb!

I should put the previous day's info:

10/8
Day 1

Todays weight: 60.4 Kilos
Change from Yesterday:+/-0.0 K

Yesterdays Actual Menu

Shrimp Soup:
Shiritaki Noodles
184g Shrimp ( shells boiled for broth)
3 stalks celery
4 dried Shitake mushroom, rehydrated and soaking water used for broth
1 fish boullion
teaspoon fish dashi

Chocolate Protein Shake
1 Serving Whey protein Chocolate flavor
2t Cocoa powder, cause their chocolate flavor was nonexistent!
Ezsweetz
8oz So Delicious Unsweetened coconut milk

one slice deli turkey breast
1 bottle Fuze Low Calorie
1 cup tea with magnesium

Calories 450 Total
Fat 10.6g , 21%
Protein 63.9g, 59%
Carbs 25.6g, 20%
fiber 4.6g , Net Carb 21g
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My first DD wasn't so bad. I almost feel bad for eating normally today.

Had an awful night, Back ached so much that I dreamt about it till 3am, when I had to call the cops about a domestic dispute, and take an Aleve. but the Aleve didn't work and fell back asleep and dreamt I went to see a doctor about my back. She ordered me to use an ice vest and bed rest, and then she told me to restrict my calories because of bed rest and to have more carbs and lower fat. then the vampire flew out over the lake and burned in the sunshine and fell into the lake and turned into a giant dead wolf! but he wasn't really dead, he swam out, pulled off his old skin and came back to the house with a new face saying " I'm The Daddy!"

Hooray for 5HTP/Melatonin/Magnesium Dreams. Can't wait for my GABA to arrive....

Last edited by metqa; 10-09-2011 at 06:28 AM..
Old 10-09-2011, 09:00 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: green team
Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
Watashi o mitte!

Hi, I'm Metqa ( that's with a Q, not a G )

Metqa
Metqa
Metqa
Wow, it DOES look funny when you look at it too many times..... Anyway...

I'm starting a journal to keep track of my attempt at JUDDDDD.....I think that's too many D's.

The reason for my choosing JUDDD is that I'm between rounds of HCG and I'm trying to maintain my losses before starting my next round.

I want to whittle down my pantry which has many high fat foods and many low carb bake mixes which are starchy nonetheless. Because I am allowed to incorporate sugar/starches in P4 that's not a problem, but I also am eager to keep losing and those pantry items would not be allowed even on my liberal rogue plan.

So I was looking for a way to maintain or lose a bit while using up my low carb bake mixes and cans of mackeral and salmon and high fat beef, and butter and cheese.

JUDDD seemed to make the most sense for me. Because I'm familiar with a Very Low Calorie Menu, the Down Days should not be too difficult, and on the UP days I could use my Pantry foods and not worry that I won't be able to eat what I've made for 2 or 3 more weeks.

The ideas I had in mind for my JUDDD plan are as follows:

Down Days:
-similar to HCG Omaha Menu: Lean meats, Low cal veggies, Low cal fruit. Low cal grains.
-I can use my Designer Whey Protein and Coconut or Almond milk for low calorie shakes
-Any choice of sugar/calorie free foods for convenience
-try to keep my calories between 20% or up to 500 calories.

Up Days:
-I am considering keeping EFGT ratios for up days - 65% Fat, 25% protein, and 15% CHO's as ideal, but at least 50% fats

-I'll be using low cal/low carb convenience packaged bread ( HealthyLife Brand) , but I am striving to use my older bake mixes by incorporating them into Oopsies, Floospies, LC Pizza Crusts or other high fat bread substitute recipes that I usually enjoy. I want to get some more modern LC flours like what KevinPa used, but I promised I'd use up my current stash before buying anything else. Plus i need practice in baking and cooking flour products, cause frankly I stink at making anything flour based!

- I have no specific plans for Veggies or fruits except that I'll keep the higher sugar fruits like apples for UpDays rather than Down Days.

Everyday:
-I'll post my menu
-I'll post my weight
-I'll post any thoughts about any anomalies.
-I'll keep track using ****** cause that's what i"m used to

I know Dr. Johnson doesn't suggest daily weighs but they are a habit for me and I like knowing. I also chart my weight so I want it to be consistent.

I think I'll give this experiment a 2 week time frame. One week to see if I can stick with it, and two weeks before I judge it on results.

If I only maintain, I will be not terribly disappointed, because I need to maintain before I start HCG again. But, if I lose any, I will be very Happy indeed, because I'm 3lb over my latest goal , but maintaining at that number.

I'd rather lose a few inches, but se la vi, neh?

Thanks for reading. I'm sorry in advance for being boring.

Comments and suggestions are
Crikey, how complicated. My first instinct: you don't like baking, cut out flour. OK, you need to get through your supplies first (were you expecting a nuclear war?), but then why not ditch them, and all low-carb "products" into the bargain? Best of luck, anyway.

Quote:
Hey Deb!

Had an awful night, Back ached so much that I dreamt about it till 3am, when I had to call the cops about a domestic dispute, and take an Aleve. but the Aleve didn't work and fell back asleep and dreamt I went to see a doctor about my back. She ordered me to use an ice vest and bed rest, and then she told me to restrict my calories because of bed rest and to have more carbs and lower fat. then the vampire flew out over the lake and burned in the sunshine and fell into the lake and turned into a giant dead wolf! but he wasn't really dead, he swam out, pulled off his old skin and came back to the house with a new face saying " I'm The Daddy!"
I never have such dreams. But I don't eat wheat. That'll teach yer.
green team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:57 AM   #10

Hello, Green Team.

It's not really that complicated, just look at the post in which I responded to Faithful

Down Day = Low Calorie
Up Day =No more than my BMR+ Activity

My Food Choices are based on what I have in my Pantry. I LIKE Low carb Bake mixes and that why I want to use them, why would I want to "ditch" them? I'm not rich, nor would I want to throw away food that I bought for the purpose of eating . If DelMonte came out with a new variety of canned tomato sauce, I'd not throw out all my older cans just to buy another. That doesn't make sense.

When I said I can't cook with flour I meant traditional plain white/wheat/Self rise, the stuff most people use. I can cook just fine with my bake mixes but they tend to be heavier wheat gluten or oat flour or almond flour blends. And I do like baking, I'm just not good at it with traditional white flour, hence my use of alternative flours.

I need to "get through my supplies" because I am not making much money these days, I want to limit the amount of money I spend on groceries by using what I have already bought, thereby freeing my meager income to pay more important bills, like Rent and power. I think that's a good reason to eat from the pantry and freezer, don't you agree? But hey, If you'd like to make a donation to my food budget to buy only fresh, organic, all unprocessed whatever I'll be more than happy to send you my address to mail the check!

I am working on some emergency camp stoves in case of Armageddon! But I'm more likely to use them this afternoon if the wind keeps blowing so hard and kills the power to the building. that happens fairly often, so I try to be prepared. Candles? Check. Matches? Check. Low Carb Bake Mixes? Check.

And BTW, I didn't have any wheat yesterday, my vivid dreams were a result of severe pain, a noisy domestic violence call at 3am, and the side effects of 5htp and melatonin which both tend to give vivid dreams. The only thing I learned from this experience is that I should become a screen write for all these wonderfully crazy dreams, I should move out of multi-unit apartments, and I should take the pain meds BEFORE going to sleep if I don't want to be in pain WHILE sleeping.

But Vivid dreams are fun and you are missing out, wheat consumption or not. I regularly have dreams like that all the time ( sans back pain and 3am Police raids IRL) and they are fun and interesting. I wouldn't give them up.

Thanks for your Humorous Input.

Last edited by metqa; 10-09-2011 at 10:36 AM..
Old 10-09-2011, 12:59 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hello, Green Team.

It's not really that complicated, just look at the post in which I responded to Faithful

Down Day = Low Calorie
Up Day =No more than my BMR+ Activity

My Food Choices are based on what I have in my Pantry. I LIKE Low carb Bake mixes and that why I want to use them, why would I want to "ditch" them? I'm not rich, nor would I want to throw away food that I bought for the purpose of eating . If DelMonte came out with a new variety of canned tomato sauce, I'd not throw out all my older cans just to buy another. That doesn't make sense.

When I said I can't cook with flour I meant traditional plain white/wheat/Self rise, the stuff most people use. I can cook just fine with my bake mixes but they tend to be heavier wheat gluten or oat flour or almond flour blends. And I do like baking, I'm just not good at it with traditional white flour, hence my use of alternative flours.

I need to "get through my supplies" because I am not making much money these days, I want to limit the amount of money I spend on groceries by using what I have already bought, thereby freeing my meager income to pay more important bills, like Rent and power. I think that's a good reason to eat from the pantry and freezer, don't you agree? But hey, If you'd like to make a donation to my food budget to buy only fresh, organic, all unprocessed whatever I'll be more than happy to send you my address to mail the check!

I am working on some emergency camp stoves in case of Armageddon! But I'm more likely to use them this afternoon if the wind keeps blowing so hard and kills the power to the building. that happens fairly often, so I try to be prepared. Candles? Check. Matches? Check. Low Carb Bake Mixes? Check.

And BTW, I didn't have any wheat yesterday, my vivid dreams were a result of severe pain, a noisy domestic violence call at 3am, and the side effects of 5htp and melatonin which both tend to give vivid dreams. The only thing I learned from this experience is that I should become a screen write for all these wonderfully crazy dreams, I should move out of multi-unit apartments, and I should take the pain meds BEFORE going to sleep if I don't want to be in pain WHILE sleeping.

But Vivid dreams are fun and you are missing out, wheat consumption or not. I regularly have dreams like that all the time ( sans back pain and 3am Police raids IRL) and they are fun and interesting. I wouldn't give them up.

Thanks for your Humorous Input.
I'm glad you said that at the end, even if you were being sarcastic. My posts should carry a facetiousness warning: I'm never quite serious. Of course you should eat what's in the house--I did the same at the beginning of my low-carb diet. I read the humorous journalers, because I find the whole dieting and exercise game slightly absurd, locked into it by necessity though I am.

Last edited by green team; 10-09-2011 at 01:00 PM..
Old 10-09-2011, 01:47 PM   #12

I don't know if you Know me, I don't think we've ever posted directly to each other, but I'm one of them too. I get my posts pulled and I'm a thread killer as well.
I didn't even know there were journals till last week and I've been here years!

I wasn't sure where you were coming from as I've only seen you about a wee bit, but I thought there was some humour in there,and honestly, I hoped you were being silly cause I was ripe this morning after all that drama.

But in fact you did make me think of the other reasons why I am doing it this way and it never hurts to have all the details out there. I didn't want to seem like a "poor me, look at what I have to eat" because, honestly, I eat pretty well, better than most of my well-off friends.
I've been accused of being vegetarian a dozen times and by the people closest to me, indeed! But I'm also the one who gets strange looks whenever I bring a dish. I have become the suspicious one, trying to sneak in vegetable where they oughtn't be and tweaking recipes to be "oh God, not another healthy dish again."

I'm also lucky enough to not have had any allergies to food or medicine my entire life. The only thing Ive been allergic to has been black mold.

So I vary my menu as much as I can get away with. While I don't think Wheat is some magic health food, I also don't shun it completely from my diet, cause I don't need to. yet.

Still, Menu Donations are always welcome . . . In the form of yummy recipes, and tips, of course!

Quote:
I find the whole dieting and exercise game slightly absurd,
You sound like my BF!! But he doesn't need to watch anything....Yet! Muahahahaha! Okay, that was mean, I dont wish weight gain or health problems on him but he's so darn skinny and smug! Grrr!
Old 10-10-2011, 10:02 AM   #13

10/10

Yesterdays Weight 60.4K (132.88 lb)
Todays Weight 59.8K (131.56 lb)

Difference -0.6K (-1.32 lb)

Not Bad! I've been hovering just above the 60K spot for a couple of weeks now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yesterdays Menu 10/09
Day 2 Up Day
  • Breakfast
  • Kefir 8 oz Homemade, so lactose is really reduced
    Lunch
  • Tuscano Soup 6 oz
  • Artisan Bread 1/24 batch = 1 slice
    Dinner
  • Tuscano Soup 6 oz
  • Artisan Bread 1 slice
  • Ghee
    Dessert
  • Carbsmart Chocolate Ice Cream 66g
  • Cocoa Bark 4g
  • Ghee total 1T
    Got hungry again
  • Tuscano Soup
    Snack
  • Honeycrisp Apple 224 ( included core weight)
  • Water, SF Barley Tea, Caffeine Free Diet Soda, low sodium

1765 Kcal
Fat 173g, 72%
Pro 67.4 g, 15%
CHO 58.8 g, 15%
Fbr 17.1 g

My carbs/calories were actually higher than that because I sampled some peanuts and a few oven baked fries a friend was making.

Not bad for my first UDDD set.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:35 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

WOW! I am by myself & eat so simple! Scrambled eggs maybe 2X a day, kefir, KT, vegies if I think of them, lots of onions & NO NIGHT SHADES! I had some bell peppers on pizza this weekend & spent a day "down" from them! I love nightshades but they apparently are an enemy of mine.

I love baking & cooking just don't care to do it any more unless it is for someone else because I don't eat much cooked stuff any more...just too much work. & I am not a sweet eater but don't put bread or pasta in front of me! I will bite your hand if you don't pull it out of the soon enough!

I love people that can plan & cook different things like you do, Metqa. I guess I have found a comfort zone in eating-eat to live not live to eat. As long as I have what I need & it is paletable that is good enough. But every now & then....YEAH! YOU KNOW WAT I DO! OINK! OINK!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 10-10-2011 at 01:39 PM..
Old 10-10-2011, 01:54 PM   #15

Had a friend allergic to nightshades, took years before she figured it out. Once known, her arthritis cleared up and she was only in her early 20's. it's good to know what doesn't work with your bod.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:52 PM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Hi Met!
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 05:08 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Just found out I was extremely sensitive to them. I made chili & had a really painful night. Had chili for breakfast & happen to read on a FM site that morning about nightshades. It fit! Since I ate tomatoes, green chilis, Mex Indian etc food all the time I never knew it was bothering me. Then I made this low carb chicken chili (chicken onions chopped green chilis & kefir/yogurt with seasonings) & was in intense pain for 48 hours. Now I find since I stay away from them I can't eat them BUT I live to eat something else another day!
Old 10-10-2011, 06:42 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
Hi Met!
Hey Queen! 'thanx for peeping in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamfaithful View Post
Just found out I was extremely sensitive to them. [...]Now I find since I stay away from them I can't eat them BUT I live to eat something else another day!
Glad you figured it out. Food should make you feel good NOT bad!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I just had some Yummy( and expensive) hot chocolate!

I took the Designer Whey Protein Chocolate, added 1 1/3 teaspoon dark cocoa powder and stirred in 1 oz of water till the lumps disappeared and it was smooth and hydrated.

Then I heated 4 oz of SoDeliciuos Unsweetened Coconut Milk for 1.5 min in the nuker and stirred it into the whey sludge. Add 2 drops of EzSweetz and a dash of vanilla extract. LOVERLY!!It was smooth and creamy and not salty like the Diet Swiss miss brand!

81 calories, not really low cal, but it's also half a meal, so.... 3g carbs, 10g protein 3.5g fat. Not bad. I think I'll enjoy this much more often as the weather chills.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:46 AM   #19

10/11
Day 3
Todays Weight 60.2K
Yesterdays Weight 59.8K
Difference +0.88K

Rebound, but still lower than before.

Yesterdays Menu
Stoplight Cottage Cheese Salad - 1 cup cottage cheese with chopped cucumber, tomato and yellow bell, Feta cheese and spices

Grapefruit half

Hot Cocoa - Whey Protein powder, cocoa powder, Coconut milk

483 Kcal
Fat /------- Protein / ----Carbs /---- Fbr
15g,28% / 56g, 8% /32.2g 24% / 4.9g
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The reason for the rebound is that I ate off plan last night.
I had finished my food for the day and was ready for bed, but then my friend had vehicle trouble. I had to stay up late waiting for him, then stand out in the rain trying to fix his car. Because I was up late, I passed from sleepy phase to hungry phase.

That's scientifically proven by the way, I didn't make it up. Your body makes melatonin to make you sleep, if you don't sleep your body makes you crave carbohydrates to make energy and serotonin to help you stay up. Why do you think college student eat junk food and soda when staying up late?

Because It was a DD i was already in calorie deficit so it was hard not to eat something. I should have weighed before bed and I'd have an idea if the DD netted me anything, but I hadn't planned on being out in the rain at 1am and didn't think of it.
I ate some of my UP day food and will try to stick to my UD menu minus what I've eaten already.

Still, I'm down from my start weight by 0.44, so it's not fail at all, just a loss of time.
Yah, I know, don't weight everyday, but that's what I do. It doesn't hurt my psyche.

Last edited by metqa; 10-11-2011 at 06:48 AM..
Old 10-11-2011, 01:03 PM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
The reason for the rebound is that I ate off plan last night.
I had finished my food for the day and was ready for bed, but then my friend had vehicle trouble. I had to stay up late waiting for him, then stand out in the rain trying to fix his car. Because I was up late, I passed from sleepy phase to hungry phase.

That's scientifically proven by the way, I didn't make it up. Your body makes melatonin to make you sleep, if you don't sleep your body makes you crave carbohydrates to make energy and serotonin to help you stay up. Why do you think college student eat junk food and soda when staying up late?
That is very interesting to me, because I noticed a pattern during my hcg rounds that was surprising to me. I expected to be hungry at night, after such low calorie days, but I never was. Once I'd had dinner, I had no further thoughts of food, UNLESS (and here's the key) I stayed up too late, when suddenly, the hunger would hit with a vengeance. Now it's all clear! This must be why people like to go out for a greasy diner breakfast after a late night of drinking and partying!
Old 10-12-2011, 05:34 AM   #21

Down 0.6K or -1.32lb

10/112
Day 4
Today's Weight 59.6K
Yesterdays Weight 60.2K
Difference -0.6K

Yesterdays Menu
Peach

Tuscano Soup - 3 servings
Artisan Bread - 3 slices
Ghee
Nature Valley Roasted Nut Crunch Bar

baby carrots - 5
Pork rins - 10

Calories 1962 Kcal

Fat 162.2g , 74%
Pro 77.5g , 16%
CHO 55.7g , 11%
Fbr 15.7g
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah, Verbqueen, it's fascinating once you realize it happening. I might have to start going to bed earlier!

Right now my face and fingers are burning cause I took my Liquid B's on an empty stomach and I'm flushing like crazy! It's NOT fun. I should have eaten first or very soon after but I got so excited by this mornings loss, I started typing instead.

Today is a Down Day. I had intended to have StopLight Salad, but I have to substitute this morning and don't feel like a cold breakfast. I need to find something suitable in the next 10 min or fast until Noon-30.
Old 10-13-2011, 06:09 AM   #22

10/13
Day 5
Today's Weight 59.4K
Yesterdays Weight 59.6 K
Difference -0.2K ( -0.44 lb)

Yesterdays Menu

Large Apple

Kimchee Soup - Kimchee, Shiritaki, Baby Carrots, Shrimp

Stoplight Salad - Cottage cheese, red tomato, yellow pepper, cucumber, feta

Calorie 493 Kcal
Fat 11.7g, 21%
Protein 47.7g, 40%
Carb 52.6g, 39%
Fbr 8.7g
Old 10-13-2011, 08:41 AM   #23

I have an abundance of Kefir. Over abundance. I have a Pint Bottle at BF's, a Pint Bottle I filled Yesterday, an almost Quart of Ready to Drink Kefir, and another Half Quart that ripened yesterday! Since I don't drink it on DD's It's built up.

But today I popped it into ****** alone, for that first 6oz I usually drink, and noticed that the % ratios are almost perfect for EFGT. (* I adjusted the data for regular whole milk to make the carbs half, based on the fermentation.)

The ratios are 57% Fat, 25% protein and 18% carbs.

Since I have so much of it, I wonder if it'd be okay to have most of my calories today just as kefir? If I drink the whole Quart of finished Kefir, it would be only be 496 Kcal......

Wow, I could have a Kefir Day as a Down day, Drink a whole Quart and Still be Below 500Kcal if I have nothing else and still fit the EFGT Ratios. Wow!

Last edited by metqa; 10-13-2011 at 08:44 AM..
Old 10-13-2011, 09:50 AM   #24
Blabbermouth!!!

If it satisfies your hunger, that sounds like a GREAT DD to me!

Go, Met, go!!
Old 10-13-2011, 01:00 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbqueen View Post
If it satisfies your hunger, that sounds like a GREAT DD to me!

Go, Met, go!!
Well, Today is sorta my UP masquarading as a Down Day experiment with the Kefir.

It's almost 4pm and I'm actually starting to feel a bit peckish, but I still have 1 cup of kefir left to drink to bring it up to 500Kcal.

Makes me think that if I did a Kefir Day after an UP day I'd probably be able to make it all the way through.

I'm not going to continue Kefir Fasting today. I'm gonna eat the rest of My Up Day Calories and Plan a Kefir Down Day maybe Tomorrow or some time in the future when I get another quart built up again!
Old 10-14-2011, 05:00 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart: October 1, 2013
Interesting... I had to look up kefir - I had seen the word before but never took the time to find out what it is.

From what I read, it sounds like thin yogurt with a kick?

Well have a great day!
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 05:29 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Is kefir that white drink that I saw everyone drinking in Turkey? I always wondered what that was.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:18 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Carb Librarian View Post
From what I read, it sounds like thin yogurt with a kick?
In some ways, you could describe it like that as it is a cultured milk beverage. It ferments much more quickly and vigorously than yogurt and does so at room temperatures. It produces acid a lot more quickly and alot of carbon dioxide, giving it a thicky, slightly curdled texture that can be lighted by allowing the Gas to build up to make it a fizzy drink.

I call it my Milk Soda. It has a tart flavor that goes well with fruit. it is thin as it only takes 12/24 hours to ferment but tends to separate rather than coagulate. It's very easy to accidently make cheese if the temperatures are warm or you let it sit too long or you have too many grains working in the same amount of milk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green team View Post
Is kefir that white drink that I saw everyone drinking in Turkey? I always wondered what that was.
it could have been kefir or it could have been Ayran, which actually is Yogurt. Ayran is yogurt mixed with equal parts Plain Water with a pinch of salt,

Last edited by metqa; 10-14-2011 at 06:35 AM..
Old 10-14-2011, 06:21 AM   #29

10/14
Day 6

Today's Weight 59.4K
Yesterdays Weight 59.4 K
Difference - No Change!

Yesterdays Up Day Menu

Kefir, Whole Milk, Homemade 4 cups
Artisan Bread 3 slices
Ghee 2 Tablespoons
Kimchee 150g
Pistachio nuts 1/2 cup
Pork Skins 1/2 oz
Cream Cheese 1 oz
Liverwurst 1.5 oz

Calories 1703
Fat 135.3g, 69%
Carb 53g, 12%
Protein 81.5g, 19%
Fiber 11.2g
Old 10-14-2011, 07:23 AM   #30

Oh Bother! It's only 10:30am and I'm already Hungry. That's unusual for me!

Better go start drinking my Kefir!