Old 02-18-2012, 06:41 AM   #211
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/140.4/125; 5'1"
WOE: HCG Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 07/2014
Yesterday 58.2
today 58.6

1572Kcal, Fat (59%) Carbs (18%) Protein (23%)

Last edited by metqa; 02-18-2012 at 06:45 AM..
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2012, 07:18 AM   #212
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: lindaokc
Stats: 196/170/140?
WOE: atkins/hcg/learning
Start Date: Feb, 07
It's great that you only gained a little on that many calories, Metqa. Hang in there, little one.
lindaokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 07:32 AM   #213

Thanks Linda! You just made me smile for the first time today! Haha!

That many calories is not usually a problem. It's that I had burnt peanuts, Funyuns and Potato chips yesterday. Not a lot, just the small size serving of each. Didn't affect my ratios much but seems to have affected "me" much more noticably.

But NO Guilt. No "bad". I was driving and feeling wonky and needed some crunch. the only gas station I came upon for miles had NO apples and NO almonds. Mostly candy bars and other soft foods. I found a package of pork rinds a small bag of funyuns and the burnt peanuts, which are really hard and crunchy, so I got and ate those.

Ther rest of the day I had turkey bacon and turkey pepperoni, and cheese and so I just realized I probably had a bucket load of SALT! That plus the sugar probably has me retaining though I don't feel it, but I knew what my weight was before I stepped on the scale so it was no surprise. I'm getting really good at guessing my weight now!!

I came to report my breakfast. 3Fat Chili- It's just pumpkin chili but I added 1T MCT Oil, 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese, and 2T sour cream!!

I decided that I'm not even gonna fret the gain, and I actually expeceted a stall right about now, yesterday staying the same was the start. It would have been fun to have a completely linear loss, but that's unrealistic. My BF has asked me twice in a week if I'm doing protocol, cause he keeps seeing me eat fat! and I'm not talking about what I can or cant eat. I had a couple of corn chips with salsa and then stopped, but as far as anyone else knew I was eating chips and salsa along with everyone else all night. Sausage and pepper, I ate a few pieces of sausage, and praised the cook, cause I actually had the same sausage in my cabbage soup that was satisfying and full of fat. Even my buddy was asking for my food and I SHARED with him instead of claiming that I needed all of it for my meager calories that day.

I'm very cool with EFGT plan and I keep thinking I could do fewer calories and maybe lose more, but this rate is fine and I'm satisfied most of the day.

I'll have to drink enough liquids to balance myself from the salt yesterday and I think I'll be fine.
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898

Last edited by metqa; 02-18-2012 at 07:33 AM..
Old 02-18-2012, 04:10 PM   #214

om mkay, I think I'm coming down with what everybody had last week. BF said he got a cough and everyone was sick. I didn't notice cuz I left early last Sunday. Folks at work kept catching stomach viruses, and I counted myself lucky to not get that. Visited BF yesterday just to watch a couple of shows. Came home and went to sleep

Been getting up early each day for this courier job and that makes me feel tired, so figured a good day's rest should fix me up for a normal Saturday...

I've been tired all day , and despite my fat filled chili, I'VE BEEN HUNGRY ALL DAY! My MCT oil is not working, I'm tired and hungry and it's supposed to give energy and cut appetite. I got really grumpy super nervous and hungry and ate half the package of bacon and have the package of sliced Havarti till my body didn't seem so anxious, I don't know why I felt shakey. Now I'm sitting here and realizing that I need to use the inhalor because my chest feels tight and I think I might be sick.

I'm glad I pampered myself this morning. I did oil pull, and oil cleanse and depilatoried my underarms and legs and cleaned myself up, now I feel like ick but at least I'm clean.

I totally over ate, and I deserve a gain from that, but I'm gonna try to not do that again, My arms and legs and neck are starting to feel achey so I know I'm sick so I'll just deal with it and any gains I get as it happens. Glad I found my Vitamin C and D the other day.

ETA:7:50pm

- 3000mg Vit C, 5000mg Vit D3, 100mg 5-htp, 1 packet of Natures Promise Green fruit and veggie powder, 1 Tablespoon of cranberry juice, 8 oz reduced sugar orange juice and 1 quart of water later...Let the Battle Begin....*burp*

I think tomorrow I'm gonna try fasting as long as I can and try to push fluids and vitamins.

Last edited by metqa; 02-18-2012 at 04:58 PM..
Old 02-19-2012, 05:06 PM   #215

just making notation. I felt tired all day, fasted till around 4pm, had some buttered fish and had high fat dairy the rest of day day cause too tired to feel like cooking.

My weight is up by 2lbs and didn't drop at all during the day. I drank 2 quarts of water last night before bed an d sipped on water all day today.

Gonna go to bed early. Kinda upset that I lost all of my progress, but I'll see what happens in the following days. I'm gonna keep going till I use up all of my doses. that sould be about 9.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:24 PM   #216
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm so sorry you're sick, Metqa. Wish I could help w/ some homemade chicken soup or stock or ????
Hoping that heading off to bed early and catching up on some rest will help you. It's always helped me when I get sick. Sleep and more sleep.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:09 AM   #217

(-.-)zzzzz [asleep....]

(§_ˇ) ...*poink!!*

... (-__-) "feeling nauseated!!!!!!!!!!""

(u_u)..... *kinda sad about it...

(-.-)" zzzzz ~zzz [trying to sleep...]
Old 02-20-2012, 04:01 AM   #218
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Are you kidding me? You are having trouble sleeping??? Bummer. :
That's what you need most when you're sick.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:52 AM   #219
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ▒4 lbs.
WOE: JUDDD
I know I don't have to tell you to take care of yourself cause I know dang right well you will.

Ya know, Peter and I have been using Oil of Oregano and putting some drops under our tongues to avoid any bugs that may come along.

Google it and see what it says about it being an anti-viral, anti-fungal, anti-everything bad.........LOL

My daughter and sil introduced it to me this past Christmas when they weren't feeling well......
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 05:42 AM   #220

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaokc View Post
Are you kidding me? You are having trouble sleeping??? Bummer. :
That's what you need most when you're sick.
Hah, hmm.. I always have trouble sleeping. if it's not a panic episode, it me just waking up around 3am and not being able to go back to sleep for about 15min to an hour. I don't often get a full nights sleep and now with this early morning job...

For a while I fixed some of the waking problem by eating fatty protein before bed, I figured out that when I woke up and stayed awake, I could fall back asleep sooner if I ate something. I narrowed it down to fat or meat. and I found that if I ate it right before bed, I would sleep through that critical time. But I need different solution for the startling awake problem.... I have brainwave music that helps alot when I play it during the night.

Probably why I seem to catch sick so often..( besides the fact my BF's roommate works in a public restaurant and brings germs home ALL THE TIME! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzie View Post
I know I don't have to tell you to take care of yourself cause I know dang right well you will.

Ya know, Peter and I have been using Oil of Oregano and putting some drops under our tongues to avoid any bugs that may come along.

Google it and see what it says about it being an anti-viral, anti-fungal, anti-everything bad.........LOL

My daughter and sil introduced it to me this past Christmas when they weren't feeling well......
Oil of Oregano is awesome stuff
I had been taking 1000mg of Vitamin D, but I guess I was already a target being underrested for the past couple of weeks.

Good Morning

I guess I should go weigh...

Yesterday 59.6K
Today 59K

If all things had gone well, I should have been weighing in at 58K!
988 Kcal , Fat (79%) Carbs (2%) Protein (19%)

[IMG]http://www.******.com/fitness/DrawPagel.png?Pagels=eNqVU%2B9r2zAQ3Z%2Bib93AKKfTb 3%2FbWtbB2lEotBsjDNGKWhDsznVowCR%2F%2B3RJbKdbszF9s d7T3dP5dG%2FTpJsUn6%2FCQ1ywnrYlO6HPj9uYHqruvAmL8zY 8VicFI%2FosdKFkmyZdpDqeVqHtWH%2Bb7ruqZFYDL9jX96v0V LL%2BMtU3YbGMJRMSHaJFoOPLsBppCdpAXnxdsOv4cxnru5hTv %2Fdfmo%2Bpfequq%2FCYA7t2GQv2bZtGxzmR5zwhwVos2L%2B h0B7BoHIEkaO1UlM5tARxgkuvNTihhad1jAPutdJOGrT%2FHQc cLFqZ6YzQcyOFE7DvgNhxwoNzWkscOcet8t7kQHfASfAgjXJyU H%2BVe0XvSLVDZfP8fAdtPni2P4AU0oxAbVs5AGfUCHKf3QgMv cMArNKTgNuWuAdeuFHAAyg3AS9GAS%2BsHQU80p0DkBomASXNJ KBRTgIG%2FCRgaA98nkexPz5qiJz%2B20uh%2FtqscbLn6xz2a eukkuFu1E%2Bbuour7iqQad7OLpq7sJiRr2aT5d4V7HO6J%2BX NzqBnbXiu9y4lzQ%2FNqvzNeS%2BuWb%2F5BdIv7Ic%3D[/IMG]

Last edited by metqa; 02-20-2012 at 06:00 AM..
Old 02-20-2012, 08:11 AM   #221

I'm feeling better, the sun is out, and it no longer hurts my eyes like it did yesterday and the day before. I just had breakfast: butter fried fish and Kimchi, spicey and buttery with MCT added to give energy.

I've already had a couple of bark covered clouds, will save the rest for evening treat. I will probably have kefir today, it makes me feel good and the probiotics are good for me.

I feel I can concentrate a bit better so I'll get some work done today before evening class.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:23 AM   #222
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Glad to read you're feeling better, Metqa!

OMGoodness, CLOUDS!!!!!

Haven't had them in forever, and they were one of my most favorite snacks.

Will be making them tonight for my UD tomorrow.........
Old 02-20-2012, 08:31 AM   #223

I can't believe how easy they are and why I don't make them more often. I'm thinking of just making a batch each day for a week and just storing them in the freezer so I'll have them whenever. Coating them with the cocoa bark keeps them from getting that freezer skin on them. I suppose you could flavor the bark any way you want since it's primarily coconut oil. I typically use caramel flavored clouds with chocolate bark, but I suppose I could make a fruity clouds and flavor the coconut oil with lemon for a clear tangy bark. Or maybe chocolate clouds with peanut butter bark..... or peanut butter clouds with chocolate bark.....
Old 02-20-2012, 10:23 AM   #224
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So glad you're feeling better. I might have to make some of those clouds too. I happen to have some "Irish Creme" flavoring and that might be good. Hmmm. Hope if I make them I can stay out of them today....maybe make them tomorrow.

Making the DD recipe Beeb posted from Hungry girl for supper. Pounded chicken breasts w/ laughing cow spread over it and a little bacon, then roll it up and bake it.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:19 AM   #225
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ooops, my bad. Leftover fish for supper. NEXT DD I'll get to try the roll ups. I've been wanting to make them for several days now, lol. Still thinking about those darn "clouds".
Old 02-20-2012, 12:44 PM   #226

I've got that on my list to try someday too. it does sound scrumptious!! I didn't think of it as a down day, but I guess laughing cow has less calories than cream cheese.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:54 PM   #227

I haven't been posting cause I've been feeling crappy. But I've read other threads and felt compelled to post so figured I oughtta keep things up to date...

So, Two days ago I said I was feeling better... Got the runs all day. Lost some weight.

Next day got a traffic citation,Late to second job Almost quit my newest job, and death(a murder) in StepFathers Family, Argued with coworker at evening job. Bad Mood.

Today, Newer Boss asked me to reconsider and change my hours, I haven't eaten much of anything. Tired.

My weight is back down to 58K, pre-sick weight. I have 8 doses left. so that's a potential 3.5 more pounds I could lose if I' don't stop here.

I've been taking my Picamilon to see if it helps me mellow out, but I'm not sure if it's the picamilon or just fatigue that's making me not care as much about some things! I'm considering changing the dose. the small dose helps with anxiety and allows you to relax, the high dose energizes you even if you've used up your energy. They gave high doses to animals that were exercised till so tired they didn't respond to startling stimuli, and within half an hour they started responding again, and had more energy. I could use that in the morning, more alertness and energy when I'm driving.

I got a citation cause I missed seeing a reduced speed ahead sign and sped through a school zone, actually I only sped for 2/10 of a mile, they pulled me over as soon as I crossed the threshold ( can anyone say speed trap) but the thing that bothers me is that I ALWAYS use the cruise control and I ALWAYS set it to the speed limit so I['m not speeding, and I DIDN'T EVEN SEE OR NOTICE THE SIGN! That scares me, I'm annoyed because I'm not a willful speeder, I'm the slowest thing on the road, but because I missed a sign for concentrating on the road ahead of me, I basically lost 2 weeks of pay. What if it were something more dangerous?

To make it worse, I wasnt' supposed to be driving at that time, they scheduled me wrong, so I shouldn't have been at that school zone at that time. 1 hour earlier and It wouldn't have been a speed zone. Because they scheduled me later than I should have been, I got a ticket and I was late to my other job as well. My boss said " You should have told us, but I refrained from bringin it up cause it would have made it seem like I was blaming her,(Which I am, but it won't change anything so, oh well, I've got to eat it and take the hit on my driving record) it's like the past two weeks of getting up super early just went down the drain. I end up losing more than I made...

So I've been in a funk.

But at least my weight is back down, and I'm no longer sick...Don't know when I'll have to attend a funeral...
Old 02-23-2012, 03:37 AM   #228

Yesterday 58K
Today 58.6K
556 Kcal, Fat (48%) Carbs (20%) Protein (33%)

Ha, I had only 556Kcal, and had a gain, but I guess it's mostly water cause I only ate two pieces of fish, 1 cup of kimchee, 6oz of mushroom, 1 package of shiritaki, 1 apple and 1 T each butter and MCT.

I ate the shiritaki and the apple late, like 10pm, so that food weight might still be affecting me body weight. I guess.

I drained my kefir grains from the milk yesterday and got some really thick liquid. I'm tempted to have some kefir today,
Old 02-26-2012, 07:13 AM   #229
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sorry about the ticket, little one, but glad you are all over being sick.

Not sure what Picamilon is, but sounds interesting. Could you expound on it a little more?

Hope your weight is doing what it's supposed to do.

Enjoy your day.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:26 AM   #230
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: pinemeadows
I was just looking through your journal and this caught my attention. I have ALWAYS had a weight gain after eating fish! Doesn't matter how many (or how few) calories or carbs or whatever are on the menu with it, if I eat fish there will be a gain the next morning. Goes away after that, of course.

I have never noticed where anyone else has had that happen...until now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
Yesterday 58K
Today 58.6K
556 Kcal, Fat (48%) Carbs (20%) Protein (33%)

Ha, I had only 556Kcal, and had a gain, but I guess it's mostly water cause I only ate two pieces of fish, 1 cup of kimchee, 6oz of mushroom, 1 package of shiritaki, 1 apple and 1 T each butter and MCT.
pinemeadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:36 AM   #231

Hey All.

I haven't been posting cause I've not been in a good place physically, mentally, emotionally for a while. I was trying to fake it, but I just couldn't keep pretending I was happily moving along.

I'm having some tough time in my life that have nothing to do with my weight, but it makes it hard to focus and cope.

I'm having a tough time with my body, stress, sleep, anxiety and doom and all that I believe IS affecting my weight because i've jumped back up to almost my starting weight and not budging.

I'm still taking my doses and trying to stay within my planned ratios, but everything is wackadoodle and I keep thinking of giving up, but I have what 5 doses left, if I could just get some progress if I keep going, then maybe....

I still hve too much to do and too much to think about, I just visited my asian food store [love it] and got a bunch of yummy veggies. I could to a few days of low fat low cal and see if that makes any difference but a few days ago and yesterday i was LFLC and it didn't make a dent, so I'm just gonna , I dunno. I was doing so well with the high fat at first, but now it seems nothing , not high fat, not low fat, not low cal is working. I'm thinking it's because I'm so stressed out and out of my mind and my body is panicking and making me feel bad several times a day that I can't make it move.

My weight chart looks like a W Down, then a spike up, then a curve down and then back up and now a straight line... this is NOT what I expected a week ago. But it has been a rough couple of weeks for me, so I guess this is just a visual to show how messed up I am right now. Sorry for the pity party, I just wanted to let folks know why I haven't been posting in my Journal. I'm thinking of closing it out anyway, lack of interest. I guess I should keep it though, as an example of what a failed round looks like. Cause this is most definitely a failure as a round and not through lack of effort...
[IMG]http://www.******.com/fitness/DrawPagel.png?Pagels=eNqVlG9r2zAQxvdR9K4bGEV3%2Bu9 3W8s6WDsKhXZjhCFaUwuC3bkODZjks09yYildk43qTfx7rHt8O Z1u0%2FobXz1fuYdqQYb4WJKT%2BPPrtvIPdX%2FeusV55x7rk 4JE%2Bcz1riSb1l%2F4pjqtXdeT4dbf93VJtGS0IN8%2FrvxTS YZL39y4xbIqCXA0iBpZfH3pVknmTCoWFl0X5Lr6vayauyqE%2F hy%2BtZ9999Rf1%2B4xbOy7ZVWQH2NYfB0CaYgDzrTGgvwfQVp kCoWJiBS15jKmExdEDSi3UjIDEmxcxzRGrRTScIX6zfsYZRo1D 3IgtFRxMMB2FYCtBpYZIyXHpBmqhbUqbDR7GmeWcSUMn9wPagf 8jmT7MrPXWWhqlAEAK21yP6QdyPZILSRwJS0w8Sach%2Fbaa4O 9tnoFPMQkEONRT2CUSBD6wCRQsU8m0EJmAzMWYwcWTDKwjAmTw UIysKB1MrAYvzkBlywbCK6ygUSeDRSz2UDF5wm0wWwQjiEbhMO dDHhIDVQCiH90AgQhEvDxuCYwOhsIPRZxHu7ncPz%2BIdJYbMt BmH%2BdULru83XY9mUcLyXB7f0%2FbZu%2BWvVXLk6S97OL9s4 tZnHYzPIc%2BlCQr%2F4%2BOm%2B2U%2Busc8%2FNbnRFz0%2F tqvxrHL34zPrdH8AnIiM%3D[/IMG]
Old 03-02-2012, 03:31 AM   #232
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sorry you are having such a rough time of it Metqa. I so understand about not getting anywhere. That's kind of where I am at the moment....but not giving up. Gotta keep trying.

It seems life gets in the way of things we want to do so many times. Wish I had some words of wisdom for you.

Don't stop your journal. You don't have to post everyday, or even every other day, if you don't feel like it. Just post when you do feel like it. That way we can keep up with you. We care about how you are doing.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:49 AM   #233
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yea, Metqa, please keep your journal and just post when the urge hits.

Life throws us curves and sometimes we can flow with the wind and other times it simply isn't that easy.

We've all had those times when nothing seems to be going right, and then somehow, someway we always get back up.

I'm hoping you get back up real soon!
Old 03-03-2012, 11:31 AM   #234

Big Big Storms Yesterday, but no tornados in our area.

Was a friends birthday yesterday, went out for dinner and scavenger hunt, and came back and sang gibberish songs and danced. it was fun.

Today is my Birthday, but everyone is working, so I hope that some folks can get together to go bowling tomorrow evening. I was gonna go with just BF, but one of his friends wants to come so we decided to invite everyone who wants.

Yesterdays Guy ordered Ice cream cake for Sunday Game night, I planned to make a SF chocolate Pudding pie that I've been wanting for a month. I'll make it anyway. I can freeze any leftovers.

Funny coincidence, and it's is just coincidence, that since I quit taking my doses and stopped trying to keep ratios or calories ( but still counting) my weight has been creeping back down. Don't know why, maybe less stress, a couple of days off, more rest, Don't know.

got a lot of veggies to eat and need to start cooking and planning ahead more.

Gonna clean up today and try to catch up on some work before next week.
Old 03-03-2012, 12:12 PM   #235

Hmmhmm, A bit of humor!

My Mom told me that the family was having some laughs over something that happened at the Wake this past weekend.

It seems I had a secret admirer amongst the extended family members. I was sitting with my Mom, Sis and Niece in the front pews. and I got up to walk away. One of the Uncles came up to my mom to ask about me. His son thought I was interesting and wanted to know if I were "family" or not!

Word of his 'interest' seemed to spread, and everyone is getting a giggle out of it, but I just heard about it this morning. I'm flattered that a stranger found me pretty enough to ask my parents if I were available!

I'm sure it must have been awkward to even ask, y'know being at a funeral event...I've heard of people finding their mates in odd places, but ....

Last edited by metqa; 03-03-2012 at 12:14 PM..
Old 03-04-2012, 06:21 AM   #236
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, for goodness sakes, Metqa! I was sick in bed for most of the day yesterday, and wasn't able to come here to wish you the happiest of birthdays.

Well, let me wish you this next year filled with everything that's good!!!

Old 03-11-2012, 09:58 AM   #237

Procrastination is my occupation, I just work in between to make money...

Hello, all. I've had some crazy weeks but a Spring Break is coming up. I'll still be working one job, but the teaching jobs are on break also so I'll have some time to relax and find normalcy again.

I was watching a show, and something funny really hit me.

A captain of one of the imperial guards is asked to submit a volunteer for an outside mission. The Captain asks about the activities of a few of his top people. The first person, the vice-captain, the messenger reports is snacking, the second person, his top officer, the messenger reports is napping the third person, one who is always concerned with appearances and keeping things running smoothing, the messenger reports is filing books in the library. The captain chooses the third. When the messenger asks why to send someone who is in the middle of working , the captain replies,

"You Idiot! Playing is more important You can work anytime."

when I talked to BF about it he says that all the time. He says spending time together and enjoying ourselves is more important than some chore or errand. In budgeting we are told we should pay ourselves first ( savings) and then pay the bills and if something comes up short you cut back. He says in life, though we spend all of ourselves on work and chores and obligations and when we run out we cut back on taking care of ourselves mentally and physically and when the next week comes we start all over again never having taken time to take care of ourselves and have fun and enjoy life.

We might die tomorrow, and what kind of life would we have lived if we always gave in to work and chores over enjoying this limited time we have.

Last edited by metqa; 03-11-2012 at 10:55 AM..
Old 03-11-2012, 10:50 AM   #238
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ooops, Happy belated Birthday to you, little one. Sorry I wasn't here to wish you one on your birthday. I hope it was everything you wanted it to be.

I have to agree w/ your boyfriend this time. We have to take care of business, but we need to look after ourselves also. We sometimes forget that. Good advice.

Hoping your life is going smoothly right now.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:32 AM   #239

Hey Linda, Thanks!
Old 04-02-2012, 01:39 PM   #240
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stopping by to see how it's going, Metqa. I know you had a bad day yesterday, read about it in Gracie's journal. Hoping today is going better and that life is being good to you.

Barbara asked me yesterday if I'd tasted "butter coffee" and included a link on how to make it. I'll include it here if you haven't tasted it. I tried it this morning, but had to use my bullet since I don't have a miniature mixer and it worked just fine. Oh my, it was Sooooo gooood. Now I will have to limit myself. I could drink those all day long and forget food.

Part 1
How to make a grass-fed Bulletproof Coffee with butter - creamiest in the world (part 1) - YouTube

Part 2