Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2011, 06:50 PM   #151
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Sounds like a sensible and logical approach, Metqa. I think sometimes we get too emotional about our weight and our eating plans, and being sensible is just the thing.

I'm trying to figure out how to manage Thanksgiving and this short round I'm doing. Not sure quite how it will all work out.

Carry on!
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2011, 07:49 PM   #152
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/142.5/135
WOE: HCG
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 11/2013
Yeah, I'm not really emotionally attached to this weight and I think that's why I've been so easily distracted from following my plan. I think it's a sensible plan, I'm just not paying attention to it. Other things are more important, and I'm not terribly bothered by being at this weight a little longer so it's not as much a priority as it was when I was 15 lb heavier just a few months ago. I'm not as much in a hurry to move down so I'm not taking it seriously.

Funny thing about Thanksgiving. I think I've learned to give up that battle and that no one will really care if I don't eat some of everything. I know cause when I would contribute they would refuse to eat what I brought, and no one seemed to care that it might hurt my feelings to not even try my dish. So why should I care if they make something I don't want to eat? I just won't eat that thing and will enjoy lots of what I do like. That's what a food Holiday is about, Enjoying the abundance of good food that we enjoy eating. If there is something I really want that will be on my plan, I'll bring it and eat it. if there is something I miss, I can come home afterward and make it for myself. and I don't have to eat as much as everyone else, and I DON'T have to bring home leftovers! unless I want to....,( I really want the turkey carcass if I can get my hands on it )

BF's Family is having Thanksgiving on Friday because of visiting relatives...Hmm I wonder if I can sneak out and head over there for another meal....
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:46 AM   #153

Oops Forgot to mention, I have come back down to 58.2 K, so i'm only .2K above my lowest weight this past month. Yay.

but Unfortunately I'm hungry. and my shake is at work.

ETA: Ugg, maybes I shouldn't have put both Tablespoons of MCT oil into one shake. I decided I was too hungry to wait till I got to the office and made another homemade shake. Since I wanted to try to keep a high fat ratio, I would have to use 2T of oil to bring the fat up. But the shake and oil would be all of my calories for the day, so I thought to avoid the temptation of eating too many calories later, I'll put it all together and just try to fast the rest of the day.

Dummy me forgot I could put the oil in chicken broth for later, and now I've got a stomach rumbling with 2T of MCT oil. I hope the noise doesn't come across the telephone when I do my calls

2T of MCT oil is 232 calories. I'd better have some awesome energy this afternoon!

Last edited by metqa; 11-18-2011 at 10:24 AM..
Old 11-19-2011, 07:08 AM   #154

Yesterday was supposed to be a down day but I got hungry and ate more so it was a high down day.

I'm up to 58.4K
Old 11-20-2011, 03:23 PM   #155

Yesterday seemed to go well.

I'm down to 58.2K.

I had the last of the Curry Beefy Vegetable soup, with Cheese, Ghee and MCT oil, and A black Bean Brownie for Breakfast.

I had a very filling Black Bean, Chicken, Rotel and Cheese Burrito on a High Fiber La Tortilla Low Carb Large Wrap, with Hot salsa. Spicy Nicey!

For a snack I had a Yummy Kefir Smoothie with Frozen strawberries and True Orange Packet.

then in the evening before bed I had a piece of Turkey Sausage and 2 cups of Unsweetened Chocolate Almond Breeze.

That all came to around 1500-1600 give or take, I round up to ~1600 cause I didn't measure everything really accurately.

Lost 0.2k from the day before.

Today I woke up and fasted all day till just now. I'm letting the Artisan bread rise, but it won't be for today, so I have to figure out what to eat this evening. I have some Mozzerella to use up cause it wants to turn green so I'm gonna have a lot of Italian style dishes, Baked Eggplant and Maybe Spinach Lasagna with Chicken meat since that's what I have available.

ETA: Uh Oh, I've gotta switch Up, cause Thanksgiving should be an Up Day and I'm on Cycle for a Down Day, and I've been formally invited to BF's Thanksgiving on Friday! Hahaha, Two Up Days in a Row.Yikes!

Last edited by metqa; 11-20-2011 at 03:24 PM..
Old 11-21-2011, 10:42 AM   #156
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: green team
Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
Yesterday was supposed to be a down day but I got hungry and ate more so it was a high down day.
You should have had a dance and made it a hoe down day.
green team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:49 AM   #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by green team View Post
You should have had a dance and made it a hoe down day.

Actually that's why I was hungrier. I was supposed to be cleaning house and I ended up dancing all over the living room....
... Are you watching me?.....

hahaha, don't remember when I last posted, but Yesterday was a down day, I got no gain or loss since before. So I"m still at 58.2. Good for me!

But I didn't heed the warnings about Thanksgiving day. I thought I had it worked out, but I'm out of cycle, so today will have to be a Down/Medium Day, so that Thanksgiving can be an up day. And I'm going to Two Dinners, One on Thursday and One on Friday.

ETA: I'm gonna start making my own Konnyaku jam blocks to simmer in my crockpot. I think I'll do this all winter in order to have a hot snack always ready to eat. I got the idea from the AMPM stores in Japan that always had a simmering pot of meat veggies and Konjac bits that you could buy scoops of 24 hours. So yummy and filling and low in calories depending on the ingredients. Mostly fresh meats and vegetables.

Last edited by metqa; 11-21-2011 at 10:51 AM..
Old 11-26-2011, 09:36 AM   #158

Wow, It's been a few days since I've posted. I had an upday two days before thanksgiving and went up to 58.8K, then I have a very low calorie down day, eating konnyaku jam and shiitake mushrooms, and later a slice of lean ham.

I didn't track for thanksgiving dinner or the next day also an up day, but it seems today I'm down to 58.4, so I'm not doing so bad.

I , um, haha, I took some Carb Blocker Pills before each dinner. I took 3 instead of the recommended 2, and I ate macaroni and cheese, and dressing, and pumpkin pie and Apple Pie, and No sugar added homemade cranberry sauce and of course Turkey and greens and my JLSBP the Next day, 3 more Carb Blockers and I had Corn Casserole, mashed potatoes, Sugary cranberry sauce, More Dressing and gravy, squash and Potato casserole, and of course Turkey. The Apple Pie was too hot to serve and We left before serving the most sugarfilled Cherry Cheesecake Pie, so I didn't have that, but I did have a brownie and potato chips.

Despite all those carbs, I'm down, not the same or even up from my Last Up Day. I guess Carb Blockers really work!
Old 11-26-2011, 09:44 AM   #159
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
WOE: JUDDD
You are doing wonderfully!

That is really interesting about the carb blockers, Metqa!

I use Carb Intercept and I try taking them for our weekly dinner out with friends but for some reason, keep forgetting to take them. I had two of them in a tiny plastic zip-lock bag, too!
The first time I did take them though for one of our dinners, I showed no gain whatsoever.

Will have to re-remind myself to take them, because I know they work!
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:55 AM   #160
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, on another note!!

Do you remember the little article I wrote a few years back and you asked me if you could c/p it to your family?

I had misplaced mine and asked you if you had it somewhere, but you couldn't remember either......the two of us, I tell ya!

Well, I found it.........yes, after all this time. The subject was statin drugs! I had it titled incorrectly, but when I was re-organizing my Yahoo notepad, there it was!

Just thought I'd tell ya!
Old 11-26-2011, 10:09 AM   #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzie View Post
Oh, on another note!!

Do you remember the little article I wrote a few years back and you asked me if you could c/p it to your family?

I had misplaced mine and asked you if you had it somewhere, but you couldn't remember either......the two of us, I tell ya!

Well, I found it.........yes, after all this time. The subject was statin drugs! I had it titled incorrectly, but when I was re-organizing my Yahoo notepad, there it was!

Just thought I'd tell ya!
I remember that. Ha , i can barely find anything anymore, I backed up my old (crashed out) computer to an external hard drive and I swear I'm still missing files that I used regularly. Drives me mad!

I think My mom is solidly against statins even though her doc wants her on, but since she's lost weight her numbers have come down so that helps.

The words getting out on the dangers of these things so I don't worry about her, but other people who so casually mention they can't eat the skin on the turkey cause they are on statins and have to avoid things like that. I feel so sorry for them, but keep my mouth shut cause I"m not their doctor. And in the next sentence I asked to take home all the pan drippings from the turkey.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:17 AM   #162
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I remember that. Ha , i can barely find anything anymore, I backed up my old (crashed out) computer to an external hard drive and I swear I'm still missing files that I used regularly. Drives me mad!

I think My mom is solidly against statins even though her doc wants her on, but since she's lost weight her numbers have come down so that helps.

The words getting out on the dangers of these things so I don't worry about her, but other people who so casually mention they can't eat the skin on the turkey cause they are on statins and have to avoid things like that. I feel so sorry for them, but keep my mouth shut cause I"m not their doctor. And in the next sentence I asked to take home all the pan drippings from the turkey.
And, that is funny!!! ^^^^

Yes, I remember your old computer crashing. That was the start of all this
'looking' for stuff, cause mine crashed shortly thereafter.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:07 PM   #163

I've been away from home again for two days, haven't been able to weigh or track food. I'll weigh tomorrow.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:48 AM   #164
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: lindaokc
Stats: 196/170/140?
WOE: atkins/hcg/learning
Start Date: Feb, 07
I haven't been checking on you like I should, Metqa, but wanted to check in this morning and see how you are doing. Looks like you have been doing a fabulous job and it's very interesting about those Carb Blockers. I will have to get some for Christmas dinner.

I've been doing a bit of IF, Dr. Eades style. Breakfast and lunch one day, dinner the next. I don't remember who experimented with that at hta, but somebody did. Kinda like a 24 hr fast, but you don't go a whole day without eating. So far it's working...keep your fingers crossed for me.

Glad you had such a wonderful Thanksgiving, and didn't gain from it. That is wonderful in itself!!

Miss U, little one.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:55 AM   #165

I think I'm a believer in the Carb Blockers also because of my experience a few days later. I spent a few days away from home again, had a down day on one of them but on the next two I had some high starch/sugar foods, but no carb blockers. I ate a lot of vegetables, a good amount of fat, some meat, some clam chowder, some Apple pie and brownie ,and a serving of ice cream and I gained from those moderate days of starch eating more than I did on two consecutive Thanksgiving dinners with the Carb Blockers.

I'm not reallyembarrassedto say I'm back up to 59K, a 1.3lb gain from last weigh in a few days ago, and mostly because I ate leftovers late last night as well. I don't have any regrets however because I was celebrating a long missed friend who was back in town, and homemade brownies and a dessert social. So we all enjoyed our sweets together. And I have another day of thanksgiving leftovers to eat. Save me from cooking, even though it's starchy.

My Konnyaku making went well, I'm gonna keep making batches of it. I like the texture better than the store stuff so I think I will enjoy it better. I'm not ready to make a noodler but it's in the back of my mind. If I absolutely need noodles I can still buy them.

Linda, I remember trying IF, but my schedule was so wonky I never knew where I'd be during my window, so it kept sliding back and forth. On my down days, I often fast till early afternoons so maybe that is part of IF sort of, Hmm. I've got my fingers crossed. I think finding a WOE that fits your lifestyle makes it so much easier. I'm looking forward to the time when I don't have t spend as much time thinking about food and dieting because I've worked it all out to be automatic.

Last edited by metqa; 11-29-2011 at 06:57 AM..
Old 11-30-2011, 11:28 AM   #166

Hmm, I wanted to eat some Yummy Tuna or Salmon muffins...
I wanted to make an almond flour pound cake...

But I'm eating Thanksgiving leftovers and being thankful to have this food given to me by BF's wonderful mother ( as well as the two+ cups of turkey drippings and fat Hehe)

Since most of it is starch still, I'm taking a carb blocker to enjoy the starches and I've added some precooked grilled chicken to the plate, along with some of the turkey drippings and fat and I'll add some ghee to it to bring the fat up a bit.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:08 AM   #167

Darn it! Today is an Up Day and I need to eat...

But I keep forgetting!!!!!!

Dratted oven has somthing spilled in it that smokes to high heaven and sets the alarm off so, instead of baking I need to clean the oven. Oi vey O-ven!

I feel good today. Cold Weather, Sunshiney ( in the one window i have....) Day off from work ( every friday, and soon to be everyday for the next 4 weeks! AAAHHH! ) Oops sorry, panic attack....

I am starting up my kefir again, I'm running out of 2F.
I'm down to 58K, which is great. But I'm dehydrated I think so need to drink some tea and water and other liquids.

So confused on what to do next. So many naggy things to do, so many other fun things to do instead....
Old 12-06-2011, 06:41 AM   #168

I like this one!
Quote:
Today, I was putting quarters into a parking meter for my parking spot downtown when a homeless man asked me if I could spare some change. I actually had a lot of coins in my purse, so I handed him about five dollars in change. The meeting I attended downtown ran about two hours longer than I had expected it to, and about an hour longer than I had paid for on the parking meter. But when I got to my car, the homeless man I had given change to earlier was putting a quarter into my parking meter. When he saw me, he said, “Oh good, you’re back. A little while ago the meter maid was ticketing cars with expired meters, so I’ve been slowly putting some change into your meter to keep you out of trouble.” MMT

Posted: 04 Dec 2011 04:00 PM PST
Happy Tuesday everyone.
I'm down a tick from my big Up swing a couple of days ago.
but I didn't post in the JUDDD thread cause I neither knew my weight nor my calories, so I'll either update it later today or quit posting since I'm just maintaining and it's not that interesting to folks who are doing it to see losses.

Still haven't cleaned the oven, but did other things. It's such a chore to climb into that thing. I wish I had a self cleaning oven or at least an oven fan that vented to outdoors. Any smoke it makes comes right into my kitchen and fills it with smoke. They should have put vents through the closet space where the water heater is stored to give each apartment smoke ventilation from cooking.

Anyway, ranting ...

I found matchstick cut red radish at my store, so I can easily make them into radish salad without all the chopping. I might make and have that for my next down day.

Sorry I'm so boring, nothing interesting to say.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:32 AM   #169
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I like this one!

Happy Tuesday everyone.
I'm down a tick from my big Up swing a couple of days ago.
but I didn't post in the JUDDD thread cause I neither knew my weight nor my calories, so I'll either update it later today or quit posting since I'm just maintaining and it's not that interesting to folks who are doing it to see losses.

Still haven't cleaned the oven, but did other things. It's such a chore to climb into that thing. I wish I had a self cleaning oven or at least an oven fan that vented to outdoors. Any smoke it makes comes right into my kitchen and fills it with smoke. They should have put vents through the closet space where the water heater is stored to give each apartment smoke ventilation from cooking.

Anyway, ranting ...

I found matchstick cut red radish at my store, so I can easily make them into radish salad without all the chopping. I might make and have that for my next down day.

Sorry I'm so boring, nothing interesting to say.

I think you always have something interesting to say, and the fact that you are maintaining is truly very interesting.

Funny, I'm maintaining, too, but not at my desired weight!
But, at least I know how to do that!
Old 12-06-2011, 10:05 AM   #170

Thanks Sazzie,
I hesitate to make a real blog, cause I'm so random it would have no consistent flow! My Train ( of thought) keeps jumping track!
Old 01-08-2012, 07:37 AM   #171

Happy New Year!

I still haven't cleaned that rotten oven, but I've been away at Family Gathering and BF's Home and Parties and Relaxing,I haven't even been home much except this past week.

Now the depression sets in.... Dark Brooding House Chore Depression. GAHH!

I lost track of my plan days, so I've been on perpetual WD's, (Whatever Days ) It's nice letting other people feed you!

I'm not doing any PLAN right now. I do know I want to do some more reducing, I just can't wrap my mind around what to do, and I'm not ready yet, cause i have work and house chores, and jury selection, and other crap all stuff to do all of it RIGHT NOW. Why does everyone think the new year is the perfect time to demand everything and make changes?

Work lady wants me to "start over" in my class. What the Heck, we are halfway through the book and you want me to start over? Why?

My lease is over in May, but Leaser wants it renewed at the beginning of the year? What was wrong with 3 months advance. Why is the new year such a big deal.

I've joined a Kombucha Challenge, to drink Kombucha everyday for 30 days. Yeah that sounds fun, but the other challenges want us to make changes. I'm sorry but I've already got so many changes going, I'm not keen on adding a new change that I might not be able to sustain. I feel bad making a promise that I know I won't be able to keep just because everyone else is doing it at the same time. It's good to have support, but it should be because it's the same activity not just because you all started on the same day on the calendar.

Any way, when I get a round TUIT I will start a structured plan. Till then, I'm boiling some turkey bones to make "whatever is in my freezer" soup.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:15 PM   #172

this is what my night time panic attacks sometimes feel like...

I found a some new areas of mold about five feet from where I sleep.
As usual....
Explains my recent and compounding respiratory discomfort and achy feelings...
Not gonna do any reducing plans till I get this resolved. Yet again.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:27 PM   #173

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
this is what my night time panic attacks sometimes feel like...

I found a some new areas of mold about five feet from where I sleep.
As usual....
Explains my recent and compounding respiratory discomfort and achy feelings...
Not gonna do any reducing plans till I get this resolved. Yet again.
Oh, Dear. Do you know what kind of mold it is? I know there are a couple that are quite dangerous! Please be careful. I've heard that if you just have some mildew, you can eradicate it with hot soapy bleach water and use that solution to scrub the area. Then rinse well with water and wipe dry. That kills the mildew and it doesn't come back. But then I realize that simple mildew isn't the dangerous mold. Hope you are safe.

Keeping my fingers crossed that this is easy to deal with and you are breathing better now!
Old 01-08-2012, 08:15 PM   #174

Oh,... Yeah... I know what kind of mold it is...BLACK MOLD, Muahahaha. the same mold that shows up every year it seems. the same mold that ruined my wonderful HCG goal of 118 and took it all the way back up to 130, that gave me hives and breathing problems. Yes, This mold and I are old nemesi... nemisisis? Enemies!!

It's an ongoing problem in my apartment. When I keep on top of it and spray, I can keep it at bay, but it always comes back, year end, year out. Landlord doesn't believe it's a problem.

It's easy to keep under control with plain 40 volume peroxide but I missed checking this area and it's already grown and spread. BF is going to use Mold stop in his basement, I should get some of that and put it on my calendar for regular spraying.

I knew drinking Kombucha shouldn't be making my throat feel raw,and the smell of the Fels Naphtha soap seems over powering, but I didn't think it should be that harsh. but realizing I've been exposed to mold helps explain many of my discomforts since returning home. Funny thing is the lethargy makes me want to stay home instead of going out so I end up spending more time around it. And to make it worse, I aired out my apartment two days ago, Y'know to get some clean fresh dry air into the place after being gone for over two weeks. That may have stirred it up, or not.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:45 PM   #175

Hope the Mold Stop stuff works for your place. Man, I'd be mad at my landlord too!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:50 PM   #176

We used that product in the crawl space and it seems like it made a big difference I feel sorta that I didn't think to use it at my own place!
Old 01-09-2012, 11:34 AM   #177

Quote:
We used that product in the crawl space and it seems like it made a big difference I feel sorta that I didn't think to use it at my own place!
LOL Well.. OK then! Hope this does the trick for your place!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:05 AM   #178

I took an antihistamine, a high strength pain med, some lozenges with me and spent the day at court. then spent the night at BF's. Made up for some lost sleep and feel better today.

But I gotta go back to court for jury summons, so I'll be spending a lot of time out of the house. Haha.

I can go spray a treatment and leave while it's working. It's not caustic or smelly or anything so I'm not worried about the treatment, but the more time I spend around the mold the worse I feel, so I'm kinda happy for the excuse to not be home.

I am gonna sew a medi-mask from cloth to wear while I'm home. the N95 mask is good but It scares people and is a bit uncomfortable to wear long term, so I can wear my cloth mask when I sleep and work about the house and the N95 when I'm working with or near the moldy areas.

Gotta remember to take photos to document. My landlord is never gonna take responsibility for it, so I'm gonna document it and whenever I move out I'm gonna turn over the photos to the health dept. That might force him to replace the windows and seal the doors properly against the ourside air that seeps in bringing moisture and cold temps that cause condensation in these areas, leading to mold.

I think I should seek to lower my carb consumption during this time, I'm very aware of how this situation affects my body and my weight, and I can't wrap my mind around JUDDD at the moment, with hectic schedule and not knowing when I'll be free. Of course it seems it would be easier to not eat in this case, but I don't know how the stress of jury duty will affect me, so I will plan to have UDDDs but not beat myself up if I don't follow them, therefore maybe lowering my carbs also might mitigate any negative effects from all of this new excitement!
Old 01-17-2012, 01:54 PM   #179

Okay, I got roped back in, so I'm going to try JUDDDing again,

Jury Duty is over, but I've been called for 6am courier work for the rest of the week, so no rest, plus I still have to clean up to reach the mold behind my furniture, I still need to clean the kitchen and clean the oven so I can bake.

I haven't been cooking for myself cause I've been too busy, and my food is all raw so I can't just eat anything, so I've been eating pasta lately, easy to boil in 10 min, add sauce, meat and vegetables.

I'm expecting to gain even if I eat right because I will be dealing with mold and history shows me that contact with it causes me to bloat, so I'm not gonna worry about whether my weight goes up for now. The hard part is getting some sort of normalcy routine. That won't happen but I can try to get close.

My second set of classes also start next week so I'll be more super busy! Yay. Hahaha

I lost the progress I made from the start of this journal. I'm back to 135 this morning. I'll start from there.

ETA: just to point out, at some point I'm going to do a round of HCG to finish my already mixed vial, but not until I'm sure I can lose, ie, no mold or craziness.

Last edited by metqa; 01-17-2012 at 01:59 PM..
Old 02-03-2012, 11:29 AM   #180

Oh, My, Gosh! I can't believe it's already February!!!
For some crazy reason I went into my freezer, pulled out a syringe of HCG and injected myself on FEB 1, so I guess I'm gonna finish the round I "started" back in October.

I can't recall how many doses are left, but if I go back and read the journal I will see how many doses I took. Regardless it would be a short round. Gonna do what I planned before, sorta JUDDDing the round. Seemed to go well last time.

I wasn't even gonna post anything about it, but I feel the need to journal about it, and it's easier to journal here than just on my desktop notepad.

I'm still working on decluttering and killing mold. It's taking longer because I'm trying not to touch it, which means I'm not just wiping it all up, I'm just spraying it over and over as I reveal more of it.

I just felt like starting to reduce again and it's been in the back of my mind and I already had the vial mixed and don't want to waste it, so I figured Why Not. So, Here I go!