Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2011, 01:39 PM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Ragdoll24
Stats: 203/cw110.2/108.6 LDW
WOE: LC,IF,RX hCG Simeons for last 20 lbs. Phase3
Start Date: January 2007
Metqa, I actually start P3 on Thursday but decided to do two medium P3 days and a DD on Sat. and see what happens after Sunday's up day.
I'll have to check out the Healthy Life English muffins. I'm looking forward to trying the Fiber Gourmet pasta that I ordered from Netrition.
Ragdoll24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2011, 10:34 PM   #62
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
Linda, You are my Nakama! I can't have you feeling bad over this.

today I think I hit 800 cause I got hungry and ate two hotdogs! I might not ever get the benefit of the SR1 or whatever gene cause I have not been under 500 calories at all, but I am maintaining.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Went shopping this evening. didn't wanna, but I had a coupon for $4 of $40 purchase AND mason jars were on sale, so I picked up two cases of Mason Jars, 4oz and 12 oz, and also bought some discount veggies for my next down days: 3 bags of marked down salad bags that look great, 2 cartons of marked down mushrooms that will become soup. I also got a chayote, some tomato and some snow peas. Oh also I found the Hebrew National 97% fat free hotdogs. $^*$##!@# $4.99 for hotdogs!!! I got them on sale for 3.99 but still!! they'd better be good. Also found Oscar Mayer oven baked turkey for around $5, 51g or 6 slices for 45 calories.

I anticipate Soup, Salada and Sandowichi on Monday, but BF might be visiting so there may be steak involved!
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898

Last edited by metqa; 10-22-2011 at 10:36 PM..
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:29 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragdoll24 View Post
Metqa, I actually start P3 on Thursday but decided to do two medium P3 days and a DD on Sat. and see what happens after Sunday's up day.
I'll have to check out the Healthy Life English muffins. I'm looking forward to trying the Fiber Gourmet pasta that I ordered from Netrition.
Oh I see, Sounds like a decent plan.

Oh, you have to give a report on the Fiber Gourmet, i want to know , I want to know.

I've got a bunch of Dreamfields pasta that I just don't use as often as I thought I would. It TASTES good, but I just don't do pasta as much as I used to. Now if they had a High Fiber Low Carb Ramen and Udon, I'd be set.

But after Hearing of Jimmy Moore's BS experiment and DF lack of response I wonder. I will ask my BF's LilBro to do a BS test with Dreamfields as he uses it as a diabetic tool.

this morning, No change from my down day, but I had a bad day. I added glucomannon powder to my Rotel Chicken, and later in the day had two salty hot dogs. Whenever I have glucomannon or shiritaki, I am up or the same as the day before in P2 so it makes sense for P3. I actually hope to have my own noodle engine for shiritaki in the future so I'll be eating 'em more frequently.

10/23
Day 15
Today's Weight 59.8K -
Yesterdays Weight 59.8 K
Difference: No Change

Yesterdays Down Day Menu
Rotel Chicken with FF cream cheese, black beans, corn and red pepper
Added Glucomannon Powder ( euk!)
Healthy Life English Muffin 80 cal each, 17 carbs
Handful of Almonds
Apple
two regular hot dogs

885 Kcal
Fat 44.3g, 45%
Pro 70.8g, 32%
Carb 51.9g, 23%
Fbr 10.4g

Nothing impressive. Today will be an up Day, and I have Ready Made Rotel Chicken. However I'm looking forward to my next down day for Salad and brothy soup and to try out that Sliced Turkey folks recommended int eh DD Staples thread.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:36 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
Didn't stay away too long did ya! Haha
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:57 AM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Metqa, great on the maintaining!
Old 10-23-2011, 04:28 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamfaithful View Post
Didn't stay away too long did ya! Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragdoll24 View Post
Metqa, great on the maintaining!
I think I am doing quite well, considering my unlucky past in maintaining. Just waiting for a disaster to happen....

... in Fact...

Guess what BF asked me for help with last week? with cleaning and eradicating the mold in his basement and crawl space. I told him I love him and will do anything else BUT THAT.

You remember last time I dealt with mold, I lost all my progress after three months of maintaining, in a short 2-3 weeks! and it messed with my lungs and endangered my voice. Once BF remembered that part he sorta backed off but still wants my help. I told him I just got back to a stable , but still high, weight and I don't want to risk rapid regain from something I KNOW will do it. I said if he got me a HAZMAT suit with respirator I might consider helping him, but to get one of his Guy friends to help him.

I value my health, and all that I've struggled through, too much to do that all over again. He doesn't see gaining weight as a big deal, but he didn't have to live with it. I just found the pictures of the hives I got from it. He said it was because I was sleeping near it, but I wasn't and just having in the air is bad enough, but I cleaned it up and that's when my weight ballooned out of control.

I value his health too, he's the one who has recovered from asthma while I'm developing it, neither of us should be messing with that stuff but it has to be done because the heat pump is down there and they can't turn on the heat till the mold is taken care of or risk it spreading through the vents throughout the house.

So I guess this is a mile stone, me maintaining after a round for so long and nothing STUPID happening so far....
Old 10-24-2011, 04:26 AM   #67
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[B]Metqua, congrats on the milestone. It's great to be able to maintain and to do it in a workable/comfortable manner.
By all means, stay away from the mold.
So today is last hCG day VLCD 21, Released 7 lbs. net not including load weight. Disappointed.[B]
Old 10-24-2011, 06:00 PM   #68

Hey Happy Monday Everyone. I'm away from home so can't report accurately on my weight this morning.

Yesterday was an up day, and I had rotel chicken most of the day
Later I had sushi and Miso soup.

Today was another Up Day or Maybe a medium day as I only had one meal.

BF and I went to Siri Thai and I had fried Duck in Chili Sauce with Stirfry vegetable and rice, and BF had the Chicken. It was delicious, every bite.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:08 AM   #69
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Hey, Met! Looks like the JUDDD is going along quite well! Go you!
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:33 AM   #70

Thanks Verb Queen.

Another Day away from Home and Scale, I'll just have to wing it and hope I'm not up to much on two Up days. I'm trying to figure out what the Thai meal might have run so I can put it into fit day. but right now it's not a big deal. I'm just winging it.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:39 AM   #71

10/26
Day 18
Today's Weight 59.8K -
Oct 23 Weight 59.8 K
Difference: No Change

I supposed you'd say I've have medium Days all this time. I'm home for a hot minute this morn so decided to weigh and see!

Yesterday morn had tomato soup and grilled cheese, snacks of almonds and yogurt and a hot dog, dinner of stir fried sausage with bellpepper onion and brocolli.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:53 AM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good job on maintenance. JUDDD seems to be working great as a good maintenance tool for you. WTG!
Old 10-26-2011, 07:14 PM   #73

I think Barbara, you are right. Even though these past 3 days have not been up or down, I think the 2 weeks spent before has changed me enough to notice I don't feel as hungry and when I do I can hold off a bit longer. Some of it has to do with being busy with BF, but I haven't been eating my fill but have been mostly satisfied. I think I shall do either another medium day or down day tomorrow, I haven't decided.

I'm sorta sick but not full blown, both BF and I, and not feeing 100% and my wrist hurts also, so I'm not posting much and all. I think I'll just see what the next few days bring, whether I'll try to follow the strict calories of DD or not.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:52 AM   #74

I liked my neighbors when they were playing race cars in the afternoon...
Not so much when playing Thump-Thump Music at Three A.M.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Figured out something fun and interesting.
Artisan Bread has the proper EFGT Ratio
JLSBP has the proper EFGT Ratio
Black Soy Bean Brownies have the proper EFGT Ratio

All I need is a meat dish and I'll have a whole day of Ratio Recipes that no matter the quantity I eat, will always be in proper ratio!!

....ZZZzzzz

Last edited by metqa; 10-27-2011 at 01:55 AM..
Old 10-27-2011, 07:53 AM   #75
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope you feel better soon Metqa. I finally started JUDDD yesterday with an UD of over 2000 calories, scale is up 1.2 lbs. We'll see what the scale shows tomorrow after today's DD.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:22 AM   #76
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: lindaokc
Stats: 196/170/140?
WOE: atkins/hcg/learning
Start Date: Feb, 07
I'm also hoping you get to feeling better quickly, Metqa. I was also up at 3 AM due to a thunderstorm that came through, lol.

Not doing great on JUDD, but not too bad either. Pretty much maintaining but thinking of doing the 24 hr experiment, UP break, lunch, DD dinner, DD break, lunch, UP dinner. Not sure yet, but I AM sure I can figure something out so I can do this.

Heading out to the gym shortly. Have a good day and hope you got back to sleep this morning.
lindaokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:30 PM   #77

Thanks Barbara! I think it was just a mild cold, didn't even know for a while til BF has same slight symptoms. Now I'm just hoping my wrist pain eases up. Too much typing? Nah!

I suppose an UP Day at the end of an HCG round would have a little up. But that's to be expected, right? I'm sure the down day will balance it out. Did you enjoy yourself?

Hey Linda, Sorry you were awake also! At least thunderstorms are exciting and natural, LOL I sometimes fall asleep to heavy rain and thunder.

I think maintaining is not bad, that means at least there is no harm. I saw that post about switching UD DD mid day, but I can't imagine it well enough. plus my meals are hit or miss when I'm out! Enjoy the Gym! I just showed that Japanese Youtube exercise video to my Typing Class today. They thought it was a hoot, especially since I've had them doing the first part of the exercise for 7 week to just the music. When they saw the whole routine they were bumping into each other trying to follow along.

10/27
Day 19
Today's Weight 60K -
Yesterdays Weight 59.8 K
Difference: +0.44

Today I was up 0.44lb.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:09 PM   #78
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Metqa,

Looks as though you are comfortable at maintaining even though you were away from your environment.

Even though you're up a bit today, for the most part, it looks like you're in control of things.

Hope you feel better soon.

And too much typing...........nah!!
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 06:00 AM   #79
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

DD released the .8 that I was up. I'm very pleased with JUDDD so far. I thoroughly enjoyed my first UD after hCG and was thrilled that I didn't gain much on the scale.
Today is another UD and I'll be having grass fed beef franks wrapped with swiss cheese and a cranberry horseradish sauce. Will figure out the rest of my menu when I wake up some more.
Love to see that you are maintaining even with being away. .44 up is nothing.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:29 AM   #80

Got a recipe for that Cranberry Horsheradish sauce????

I had one slice of pizza for breakfast and toasted and turkey cheese sandwich for lunch. I convinced BF to buy the Healthy Life bread so I could have sandwiches but with extra fiber, less carbs and less calories than regular bread. Yay!
Last night I was home and got hungry late, so I'm up from eating Tuna Salad, and ice cream late in the evening.

Today, I'm all by myself...Lonely already...but this shall be a DD, but I don't have a menu planned so I'll probably eat a lot of salad and mushrooms, LOL.

ETA:
10/28
Day 20
Today's Weight 60K -
Yesterdays Weight 60 K
Difference: 0 - Hmm, I thought I was up but It seems I'm the same as yesterday, I just feel a little bloaty.

Last edited by metqa; 10-28-2011 at 07:35 AM..
Old 10-28-2011, 11:23 AM   #81
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Metqa, you can buy the cranberry horseradish sauce already made in some supermarkets that carry Dietz and Watson cold cuts. There's also a nice recipe on the net and you can just google it.
I will be trying the homemade recipe right before Thanksgiving. I'm going to add 2 T of softenend cream cheese to the original recipe.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:40 AM   #82

That sounds Great. I've done one with orange zest and de-seeded Jalapeno and it was great. I like Horseradish, but I'm in the minority. it would be good to find in the store to sample it.

Oh, and Congrats on the .8lb down. I forgot to say so earlier!

Having a (boring) relaxing day at home. Made mushroom Beef soup with a pound of mushroom, some shiritaki, some 96% lean beef and onion soup mix with a bit of radish and carrots added. That plus Kefir and Salad for today.

I need to buy some supplies for winterizing windows, that sheet plastic stuff. BF's house is very open and I think it will help a lot to seal the windows against drafts.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:07 AM   #83
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope you enjoyed your soup Metqa.
Scale is up 1.6 lbs. from UD, today I'll keep the cals way down to hopefully have the gain removed by tomorrow.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:57 AM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: green team
Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
That sounds Great. I've done one with orange zest and de-seeded Jalapeno and it was great. I like Horseradish, but I'm in the minority. it would be good to find in the store to sample it.

Oh, and Congrats on the .8lb down. I forgot to say so earlier!

Having a (boring) relaxing day at home. Made mushroom Beef soup with a pound of mushroom, some shiritaki, some 96% lean beef and onion soup mix with a bit of radish and carrots added. That plus Kefir and Salad for today.

I need to buy some supplies for winterizing windows, that sheet plastic stuff. BF's house is very open and I think it will help a lot to seal the windows against drafts.
But drafts are very calorie-burning, y'know.
green team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 06:58 AM   #85
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Really liking the sound of that soup, Metqa.

Have Kefir in the fridge so will slurp on some of that, too!!!
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 07:43 AM   #86

yesterday was supposed to be a down day, but in the evening I fell face first into a hanful of almonds and pan of fried eggs

The Soup was great BTW, it was really tasty and I loved it. It would have come to around 500-600 calories depending on the soup mix, with the Salad I had and the Kefir I drank, but I got really hungry later in the evening. It wasn't head hunger or boredom hunger, it was " I can't concentrate on what I'm doing" hunger. I tried snacking on some almonds, but when that didn't work I went for fat and had 2 fried eggs cooked in ghee with red bell pepper and cheddar cheese. I even tried having soda cause the bubbles usually fill me up but no.

Today I need to go out, but don't wanna, but I think I will fill up on apple and try to make today a down day, or at least a lower day. I still may be under the weather cause I felt tired all day yesterday though I wasn't doing anything except computer stuff. ( reports! Boo! ) Funny thing, I noticed around an hour after I should have gone to bed, I got REALLY REALLY HOT and had to strip and put a fan on just to feel comfortable. Hot Flash? LOL

So instead of being down or the same, I definitely up by .2K cause I ate the eggs and stuff right before bed.

Boo. My first two weeks were much easier to keep to. still not feeling good, so I'm correlating the bad feeling, extra hunger and gain with still being sorta sick.

Gonna take an Emergen-C and eat an apple.
Old 10-29-2011, 02:58 PM   #87

I think I'm doing better today. I had to go shopping at like 4 different places. I took a pint of Kefir, a bottle of water and my apple. I drank the water, and most of the kefir, and just ate the apple just now and finished off the kefir. I think the brisk air and sunshine and being busy and having to made decision, do math and think distracted me from not feeling good, I felt energized actually ( no choice haha)

So I'm around 360 kcal so far for the day, I'm gonna rest and see if I can make it the rest of the evening.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:45 AM   #88

I'm not even gonna weight, cause it's after NOON and I'm feeling grumpy

Even though I had a good down day yesterday, around 600 cal.

I took a melatonin and a magnesium to help me sleep and went to sleep at 11am. Kinda early form me by an hour. But despite those two strong supps, I was up like a shot at 3:01am and couldn't rest or fall asleep again till after 8am.

then at 5am I tried to eat something made of avocado, tuna cheddar, relish and mustard but it just ended up tasting like SNOT so have a tummy full of snot flavored gunk I'm trying to digest! I am NOT amused!

The worst part about being up all night, besides realizing mosquitoes are eating you , is having no one to talk to. I couldn't even crochet cause I lost BOTH of my large yarn hooks. So I'm being grumpy on purpose and gonna go BUY some new needle. See? THAT's what clutter does to you , it makes you spend money on things you already have! GRUMP!
Old 10-30-2011, 10:08 AM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: green team
Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
I'm not even gonna weight, cause it's after NOON and I'm feeling grumpy

Even though I had a good down day yesterday, around 600 cal.

I took a melatonin and a magnesium to help me sleep and went to sleep at 11am. Kinda early form me by an hour. But despite those two strong supps, I was up like a shot at 3:01am and couldn't rest or fall asleep again till after 8am.

then at 5am I tried to eat something made of avocado, tuna cheddar, relish and mustard but it just ended up tasting like SNOT so have a tummy full of snot flavored gunk I'm trying to digest! I am NOT amused!

The worst part about being up all night, besides realizing mosquitoes are eating you , is having no one to talk to. I couldn't even crochet cause I lost BOTH of my large yarn hooks. So I'm being grumpy on purpose and gonna go BUY some new needle. See? THAT's what clutter does to you , it makes you spend money on things you already have! GRUMP!
Embrace being grumpy. Apparently grumpy people have a longer life expectancy.

I once tried crochet to get me to sleep, but I hit my toe with the mallet in the dark.
green team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:49 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by green team View Post
Embrace being grumpy. Apparently grumpy people have a longer life expectancy.

I once tried crochet to get me to sleep, but I hit my toe with the mallet in the dark.
Aww, You just now chased my Grumps away!

I need to get a smaller hook anyway, maybe I can dig up a coupon for the craft store...

I can't believe it's almost 2pm and I'm still groggy!