Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2013, 09:26 PM   #451
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
I use Natrol Carb interceptor Phase 2, comes with a Purple Label, I can find them at the Pharmacy, I could, I haven't looked in a while cause I bought like 4 bottles when they went on sale....I'm sure it could be bought online if the pharmacy or netrition doesn't have it.

Bouncing as in I'm in my living room and I get the urge to do jumping jacks just because.

Someone just BUMPED Linda Sue's Bavarian Apple Cheesecake thread. I think I'm gonna have to just go ahead and make that, I'll never get a chance waiting to make it for family or guests.
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898
metqa is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2013, 06:45 AM   #452
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/156/140
WOE: BFC-raw eating
Start Date: June 2013
I just popped over to the netrition store and saw the Natrol Carb Intercept. Nice combo of carb blockers and metabolism boosters. Thanks for the link.

Your WOE gives you a lot of energy...breaking out into jumping jacks or bounces is a great way to keep the metabolism going. I think I read somewhere that one of the ways slim people maintain their weight is that they are always moving whether its fidgeting, faster pace in walking, tapping their feet while sitting, short bursts of exercise, etc. Really cool!

Apple cheesecake...all I can 'say' is I'll take a look.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:24 AM   #453

I posted this in the P2 Thread, but I need to post it here as well, for my own records:

I've decided, I'm stopping. My head is not in the game. I got close to my goal, I've had a small rebound, but that's not it. That's expected after a big loss, but I'm so busy and my work keeps adding on more and more, I'm running around like a chicken when my head cut off, I can't plan a proper meal cause I'm away from home so much, and I keep forgetting to take my dose, as I fall asleep before I remember *( stupid phone alarm won't work right) I was gonna stick it out for 5 more days for 21,but this seems to have been the LONGEST SHORT ROUND EVER! I know I made progress, but it doesn't "feel" like I've made progress and I'm so stressed I'm not feeling like I can do this correctly any longer. I can't focus on the right food, and I'm too focused on food in general. I'm going to count this as my first transition day and go to fat fasting for a few days.

I know I'm stopping short of the "minimum" number of days, but I figure it this way, I only have 40 doses and 21 is a full round. Maybe once all the craziness slows down, I'll have enough to do a proper short round next time. I was planning to do a short round till Thanksgiving and then complete the round between then and Christmas, but , bless my job, they say I'm such a good worker that they want to give me all the extra undone appointment to me, since I'm so good at getting them done.

Maybe after the Holiday crazies are over and all these appointment are done and finished can I get back to finishing what I started. I think it will be easier to navigate the holidays with a high fat diet then trying to do Protocol while travelling all freakin day, day after day, I'll be attempting Fat Fast for my transition before Thanksgiving and then EFGT for my daily WOE until the end of the year and after all the scheduling madness slows down, I think of for new years I'll finish the HCG and try to get to my secondary goal of being safely below the overweight line. Right now I'm right at the border, and I'm glad to be down from where I was before.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:32 AM   #454
Senior LCF Member

Do what you have to do. When things slow down, all will fall into place. I hope you have a wonderful holiday season. Look forward to 'hearing' from you when things settle down.
Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:26 AM   #455

I just realized I actually am on day 20 so it would have only been one more dose anyway. So I'm actually still sorta on track, just one day off. So Yeah, I'm doing okay I guess. My coworkers expressed the same sentiment so I know I'm not just making excuses.
I AM looking forward to more fat. My BF says he can tell when I'm on HCG cause I talk about FAT all the time; butter this, bacon fat that, turkey fat makes stuffing better, egg yolks are good for you, etc

But today I'm still gonna try to keep it low fat low cal, for the transition. I accidentally picked up fat free cream cheese instead of regular for a future recipe, so i'm gonna try to use it up to make low fat oopsie rolls for today and tomorrow. Don't know how that will work out, but it should work okay....It's simply a blended meringue after all.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:45 AM   #456
Senior LCF Member

Fat does make food taste richer! I love my mct oil in beverages and drizzled on salads. 'Really kicks my meals up a notch of goodness.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:01 AM   #457

Yes, fat is tasty. Well, I'm still 62.8K or 138lb, so I guess that's my staying point. I expect that that will go up a bit as I increase my food intake.

I've still got broccoli, cucumber, lettuce and a host of low fat choices to use up, You aren't supposed to have veggies on Fat fast , so today may be a salad day just to use up these perishable veggies. I also have half a pot of super lean pumpkin chili, Yummy! It tastes good even cold, that was a surprise.

Got some home cleaning to do on my half day off. I need to make some personal space progress in the midst of my crazy job schedule.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:57 AM   #458

Breakfast was MCT Protein powder hot cocoa
Lunch today is Oven Broiled Jerk Fish with Mushrooms and green beans, using MCT and butter.
Making some Caramel flavored Clouds to stash in the freezer.

Oh yeah, yesterday I made some oopsies with the fat free cream cheese. They had a wet/dry texture. 'wet where the fake cc was in lumps and dry where the egg white gathered. not much in between. Yeah, they taste okay,but they are sticky gummy crumbly, won't be using fat free cream cheese for oopsies again. LOL

Cleaned under my office table, yay! Still too much paper, and clutter, but I'm feeling progress is coming my way.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:36 AM   #459
Senior LCF Member

Mmmmm...what are carmel clouds? Sounds .

I plan to do some 'research' over the holiday on my next eating plan. I think it's time to move from BFC next month. So far, I am considering JUDDD, Fat Fast, RAW. Don't know just yet...still thinking about it. I know one thing, and that's my metabolism burns more efficiently with less simple carbs.

Well, I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:28 AM   #460

Thanks Karai!
Here is today's Experiment:

A few things:
1) I'm about to do a Fat Fast and I like to make Clouds cause they are high fat, being cream cheese and butter.
  • 1 block cream cheese
  • 1 stick of butter
  • 1/2 cup to 1 cup sweetener to taste. I use Caramel Davinci's. I also make raspberry clouds and Lemon clouds with TrueLemon powder.
  • Whip it all together till creamy, drop onto wax paper and keep in the fridge or freezer
2) I keep them in the freezer till I want one, but my freezer is frost free, so they end up with a skin, even if I put them into baggies
3) Coating them with cocoa bark prevents the skin and gives a nice double flavor; chocolate covered caramel clouds. But the cocoa bark melts as soon as I touch it
4) getting the bark Thick enough to make a difference means I have to dip, then chill then dip again. It's hard holding those little bonbons, I have used toothpicks but it's a PITA, So I've been experimenting using solid unsweetened chocolate since I'm not ready to buy cocoa butter just yet. The idea is melting it enough to make it a sauce but not too loose.

So I found someone who also uses both the solid chocolate and cocoa powder and uses butter instead of coconut oil.

The site is called Ohthatstasty.com and the recipe is below
Quote:
6 T. butter
1 oz. unsweetened chocolate (one square of baking chocolate)
1/4 c. + 2 T. cocoa (unsweetened)
6 pkts. Splenda
1/2 t. vanilla
toppings of your choice, probably around 1/4 to 1/2 cup
The instructions are pretty much simple. melt the butter and chocolate over a double boiler, add sweetener, vanilla and cocoa powder, pour onto parchment paper, add toppings chill.

I did things a bit differently.

First, When I made my Cream Cheese Clouds, instead of dropping dollops, I piped out sticks. I used my kitchen scale and piped out 1/2 oz in the form of a long thick stick about 1 1/2 inch long. Stuck 'em in the freezer to freeze SOLID. This is important later...

Second, I took the butter and made it into ghee. If you already have ghee, just use that. Once I got the cleaned ghee, I put it into a sauce pan and instead of granular splenda, I added 1 1/2 oz Vanilla Davinci Syrup. My reasoning was that the ghee is pure oil and will drive off the water in the davinci's leaving me a non grainy sweetened pure oil that won't seize my chocolate ( make it grainy textured from moisture) So I simmered the davinci/ghee mixture on medium, stirring regularly till it fizzled and calmed down to a calm slow oily boil. I wouldn't try this with plain butter cause it would foam up and be impossible to deal with. of course it would work with coconut oil since it's a pure oil as well. After converting the butter to ghee I was short of 6T so I added MCT oil to get back to 6T.

Third, I transferred the sweetened oil to a glass boil and placed it over a sauce pan of hot water on medium ( my double boiler). I added the block of chocolate and stirred it till it melted completely, about five minutes.

Fourth, I added the cocoa powder a table spoon at a time stirring in completely each time, and this is where it got interesting. This recipe is for a cocoa bark that is like chocolate, meant to spread flat and be eaten by hand in pieces. It stayed glossy and saucy, but the last couple of spoonfuls turned it into a thick matte batter! It would be perfect for candy molds or spreading flat on a sheet. But I needed a sauce. Tweaking time! I added at least 2 more Tablespoons of MCT oil ( I could have used coconut oil, but it was solid and I was impatient) till it loosened up again and became a glossy syrup again.

Fifth
, I intended to dip the sticks of cream cheese into chocolate sauce, So I got a small cooking dish, and filled it with hot water, then I got a small ounce size measuring cup and filled it with the chocolate sauce and placed it into the cooking dish taking care not to let any water into the chocolate.

Sixth
, I took the cloud sticks out of the freezer and pried them from the wax paper and lined them up. Took one, quickly plunged it into the chocolate sauce and shook it over the cup to let excess drip off. maybe 10 shakes. Then laid it back onto the wax paper. Repeated with the next stick, starting with the longest sticks and choosing shorter ones as I went along as the chocolate level lowered. When either the chocolate was too low or the sticks started to melt while holding them, I put them back into the freezer while I refilled the chocolate dipping cup from the double boiler bowl.

Seventh, I Placed the dipped sticks back into the freezer to chill. Because this is made with butter, it will take longer to chill than if made with coconut oil.

Sorry I don't have photos, my BF has my camera, but I got a screen shot from my Computer Camera.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 131122-114337.jpg (54.5 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by metqa; 11-22-2013 at 11:30 AM..
Old 11-25-2013, 06:35 AM   #461

I'm really enjoying my new Cloud Sticks. But I think I made the clouds too sweet. I found an old cloud in the freezer, and it was less sweet and more tasty that way. Good thing to know. But the sweeter flavor does complement the dark chocolate coating.

Yestday I had to drive for 6 hours. Oh my BUTT! And there was no cruise control on the vehicle, oh my right leg!!! Since I didn't want to spend more time than necessary out, I fasted for the first part of the trip, ( no food or restroom stops), only accepted a small water at the destination and used the restroom before the return trip. I snacked on walnuts, pecans, and macadamia's fat fast style. Oh, Correction, I had two clouds before the trip, so I was digesting fat to keep me unhungry.

Came home and had some pate on some fat free oopsies (DON'T DO IT, USE REAL FAT) It was so disappointing that I got super hungry all of a sudden and ate a chicken breast and cabbage with like 2 T of coconut oil. I love pan fried cabbage with a bit of lemon and salt and pepper.

I dropped 1.32 pounds despite my late meal. Yay!
Old 11-26-2013, 04:55 AM   #462

Whoa, spent half the day making dishes. I am making some side to take to T-Day, and I sampled each one as I made it so I' probably gained that 1 pound I lost yesterday! I had one serving of Squash Casserole, half a serving of Widget's Dressing, and whole lot of egg plant parmesan. Plus I woke up in the middle of the night and started making desserts. The Bavarian Apple Cheesecake is cooling on the oven rack right now. and the poptart dough that I plan to use for the pumpkin pie is chilling in the fridge.

I have to work from 4 to 8 tonight so I need to get some rest before then. But I've so so much more to do before T-day . I still have to make the cranberry sauces and the pumpkin pie filling, and buy the french beans for the casserole and blanch them. I think I'll just mix it all together and put it into a gallon bag to transport.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:26 AM   #463
Senior LCF Member

Good for you on the weightloss! I hopped my scale everyday to keep me sane. It is amazing at how that really works...weighing yourself everyday as a reminder NOT to overdo it.

I hope you had a good Thanksgiving. I enjoyed it, am glad that it is over. I don't think I will host another family gathering for a LONG time.

Btw, those chocolate clouds sound extra yummy. My kiddoes would love them. If I am feeling more industrious this weekend, I may make a batch. Also, your Jalepeno Cranberry relish went over BIG at TG. I gave several people your recipe. I used it as a dip for our buffalo wings. Very tasty! Again, thanks.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:31 AM   #464

I'd love to take credit for the cranberry, but it's Charski's Recipe, but It is good isn't it!! I never thought to use it for buffalo wings though, that's novel!

I made a plain cranberry sauce, and BF put it on his cheesecake instead of Cherry Topping and said it was better!

Glad you are back!
Old 12-05-2013, 11:23 AM   #465

They say you shouldn't keep any clothes in your wardrobe that you can't fit...
but then I'd have to dispose of MOST of my wardrobe.
When I tried HCG couple years ago, that was part of my logic to get thinner and use my wardrobe.
But I didn't lose enough to be able to wear my wardrobe "comfortably". Then I bought some newer clothes, one size up and somehow THEY didnt fit as as well as my old slacks one size down.
BF pointed out that VANITY sizing might have occurred since my old slacks were a couple years older and the sized might have changed.

So, I have my old tight pants, that say size 14, that fit uncomfortably, and I have NEW pants that say size 16 that fit worst than the old pants. At least I can still button the old ones, but the "bigger size" won't even come together.

I'm so confused cause I bought new clothes in larger size and they don't fit!!! So now I'm back to the idea that I should just lose some more weight and inches and try to wear my old clothes since I know they fit before and are just a bit too tight for comfort.

So part of my problem is not my weight but my shape. I've gotten bigger only in certain places that makes my clothes fit poorly, so I need to change my shape more than anything. I have a big round butt, and hips, and my waist is smaller than my hips so I have a hard time finding pants that fit in the first place which is why I want to keep my wardrobe and try to fit back into it.

I HATE shopping for clothes, it's such a chore and I end up with very little for all the effort of trying on over and over.

I went to the library to re-check out Fred Hahn's slow burn, and I guess I need a plan to remove fat from my problem areas so i can wear something other than the same three pair of pants repeatedly. they are my favorites, cause they actually fit and are comfortable, but i'm wearing them out too fast, and they are becoming threadbare, but I have no other options right now other than buying MORE oversized clothes that may not fit.
Old 12-05-2013, 11:29 AM   #466

Oh, and I HATE it when folks tell me "you didn't gain it overnight, you won't lose it overnight". For me, that's BULL.

I do gain quickly. I've seen it happen several times. I gain quickly and lose slowly unless I'm doing something specifically for quick weight loss. A couple of times it was chemical based: steroids, mold allergy. But I do balloon very quickly in just a little time but the same weight doesn't just drop off, like if an athlete over eats for a week then goes back to their normal diet. If I over eat for a week, and then go back to normal, I keep what I gained. That's why my entire wardrobe suddenly became useless. i didn't gain over time while buying larger and larger sizes. I just ballooned out of my own clothes and got stuck, up.

So anyway, that's my rant while I look for ways to lose inches so I can wear the few nice things I actually have.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:05 AM   #467

Today, I tried someone's great idea to put DE into milk kefir.

My kefir is so thick that it would suspend the DE powder well.

So

I had 6 oz of thick 3F Kefir
2 drops ez-sweetz
1/4 cup blueberries
1 packet True Lime
1 Teaspoon DE
Whizzed it up in my personal blender...

I can't even tell the DE is in there.

Maybe I'll remember to drink more kefir and take the DE with this combo

I had my Liquid Ionic Manesium in a half ounce shot of pure cranberry juice and it completely masked the taste. I can stand the taste of cranberry and enjoy it's super tartness.

The Magnesium is to help with anxiety, and people say the DE energizes you so that would be a nice combo.

Also using up an old bottle of Garcinia Cambogia, cause why not, I bought it and never used it so, here's hoping something in it is still active.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:48 AM   #468

Whew, I'm feeling fluffy!
Did a Slow Burn Routine just now
Had a whey protein shake 30 min before: Coconut milk, Scoop of Chocolate Whey Protein, 1 tsp cocoa, 1 tsp DE, 1.5 t MCT. Drank it warm
Having the same shake afterward, half frozen like a Frostie.
Feeling Good.
Plan to do another one in 5 days on my Day off.

Uh, Something else....I've been taking my Mag, but work stress is counteracting the effect,a nd I thought I was coming down with another cold, but I think it was just stress. Yesteday was cold, rainy and dark.

Today is sunny, Cold and bright, but not wet, so I'm glad I have the day off for myself.

Gonna Cook some Soups for the freezer, and clean up a bit. Maybe plan a few crafts if I don't feel too guilty about not doing yard work.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:26 AM   #469
Senior LCF Member

Welcome back!

I am so with you about the newer sized clothing. They seemed to be cut narrower and smaller than clothes that were designed...say 5-10 years ago. I've noticed the same thing. I can easily fit in my 'old' clothes. These newer styles have strange sizing.

Mg...love Mg, especially the topical gel. It works really quick. I use it at night just before bedtime. I am fall asleep in 15 minutes or so. I can't take it during the day tho'...it makes me too sleepy. Okay, what is "DE"? My sister swears by the Garcinia. She says it curbs her appetite at least 2-3 hours at a time.

Here, here on the rant..I think my slow loss is from the metabolism syndrome. I've loss-gained-loss-gained until my body just doesn't know what I'm doing so it holds on to fat longer now than in the past.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:32 PM   #470

DE is Diatomacious Earth. It is powders shells of diatoms, ancient sea creatures. It's good for killing parasites, internally and in the environment. It deters pantry moths and kills roaches and other crawling bugs like fleas and ants.

It's safe for ingestion by mammals but not by hard shelled insects or soft bodied ones like Bees and spiders, so be careful using it in the garden around flowers, only use it on the leaves and ground.

It's primary mineral is Silica, so people take it as a supplement as well.

I got so lazy today after my workout that i don't feel I accomplished much of anything. I did make a soup and am stashing it now. Bit I didn't clean up. and I found out I need twice as many flowers to make the flower ball and I think the store ditched the flowers for Christmas wares. So I have a wiffle ball half covered in purple flowers!
Old 12-11-2013, 05:46 AM   #471
Senior LCF Member

Now, that is creative...making a flower orb using a whiffle ball. Cool idea.

I'm a feeling lazy too...just need some down time. I am so ready for my Christmas staycation.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:38 AM   #472

I don't want to, but I'm gonna anyway...
Old 12-15-2013, 11:12 AM   #473

Even though I felt, tired, lightheaded, headachy and generally uncooperative, I did my slow burn routine, just as I said I would. I guess I'm proud of myself. Mostly I'm tired and want to crawl back into bed. Yes I know it's 2 in the afternoon, and it's a sunny beautiful day but that's how I feel.

I'm gonna change clothes and go cook some more soup. My freezer's top shelf is almost full of frozen single/double serving soups.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:04 AM   #474
Senior LCF Member

I hope you went ahead and got the extra zzzzzzzs. Sometimes it's just that way, especially after a hard workout. Here's to you feeling better.

We are doing chili today...beanless for me. The soup sounds very comforting and tasty. Great idea to make batches and freeze for quick eats.
Old 12-16-2013, 04:34 PM   #475

I didn't get the xtra ZZZZ's and ended up having an emotional blow-out later in the afternoon when my secret Santa gift did not arrive in time. BF had to talk me out of skipping the whole event.
Instead I wrote a song for my recipient and he said he liked the song better than any gift he could have gotten!
Plus they ate all of my SF Chocolate Pudding Pie and said it was the best dessert there.
Old 12-17-2013, 01:52 PM   #476

Happy Tuesday All,
I'm getting ready to go to Early Christmas at BF's Parents'. He went on ahead, cause I had to work today, now I'm home cooking up fridge items that won't keep over the few days we'll be gone. That'll be another batch of Cabbage Sausage, Country Cabbage, and probably some meatballs or toss the rest of the beef in the freezer for later.

Then it's Travel tomorrow, then shopping, Returning, and exchanging broken gift items! Ah the spirit of Christmas.

Alone, Tonight I'm going to have Green bean casserole with added leftover turkey! and I'll be taking some of my soups with me so I don't over indulge on homemade cookies.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:56 AM   #477
Senior LCF Member

Have a wonderful time and a blessed Christmas. Enjoy the time off. You deserve it. I'm glad for the downtown too! Well, at least the time off...it is going to be a busy but happy time.

'See' you after Christmas!
Old 01-24-2014, 05:01 AM   #478
Senior LCF Member

Hello...I dropped by to 'see' how you are doing.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:29 AM   #479

I''m being busy and lazy at the same time! Thinking about NK and trying to decide which level to follow. Hanging out with BF. Annoying the cat. Working long hours on the weekends. Making resolutions after the new year....
Old 05-13-2014, 09:28 AM   #480

And 4 months later, I decided I've had enough and am figuring out another plan to get back in control of my life!

I've spent so much time driving out on special assignment that I've stopped cooking, instead eating on the run and in restaurants, which is making my wallet smaller and my backside bigger.

I've been too "tired" to do much after driving all day, but I still have to do my own things and I'm finding it harder to keep up my energy and that I'm experiencing more aches and pains some from overwork and some from overweight.

I've no plan but I'm working on it. Meanwhile, I know that a simple reduction in something, whether it be calories or carbs, will be a good start. I've torn apart my kitchen, have to replace a shattered oven door and treat for a bug infestation so I'm in no position to cook the type of meals I like to enjoy low carb, so I'll be relying on shakes and quick meals in the interim.

I lucked up, The Kroger Store just put the Atkins RTD Chocolate Royale shakes on sale for 2/$11 ( they normally charge over $7 per 4pk) I saved some coupons from the frozen meal boxes that took an extra $1 off each pk, so I got the 4pk for $4.50. Wally world, where I planned to buy them, sells them for 5.98, so I got a good deal because I turned into the wrong parking lot. In addition, the Kroger had put on clearance a Large Canistar of Designer Whey Protein, marked down from $21 to $10. they had regular chocolate and I usually get the smaller double chocolate, but this canister is twice the size of what I usually buy, so I decided to buy two and try it out. It has the same calories and same carbs but 3 more grams of fiber than my double chocolate and it is pretty mild but okay tasting. so I'll make some homemade shakes with a scoop and an ounce of cream, a Tablespoon of MCT and 8 ounces of plain water. That will give me a shake of 324 Kcal with 7 carbs, 4 net, and a ratio of 71% fat 21% Protein and 8% carbs.

I'll be using these to fill in the gaps when I'm too busy or too unprepared to make a proper meal. That way I can focus on making a good meal when I can instead of feeling deprived or eating a quick and untasty/unsatisfying meal.

I plan to make a bunch of different flavored meatballs from a website that specializes in meatball recipes of all times from beef to chicken to turkey as well as some veggie snack puffballs.

It's getting warm so it's time to use the crockpot. If I can get my garden going I'll have fresh greens to eat regularly without having to buy them from the store.

Wish me luck. My last weigh in was 67K I'm embarrassed to say...

I'm not gonna be super strict socially since I have a lot of friends leaving and wanting to have dinner, but I think my alone time or regular day eating is going to be my majority success.