Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2013, 01:48 PM   #421
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/142.5/135
WOE: HCG
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 11/2013
Great! We have the same goal! I think we can do it!
Sometimes DF has coupons, but I don't know if they are on the website anymore or not.

I can do extreme for a short while, Like Fat Fast. But I'm also stubborn and like to play with food if I have the opportunity.

I found my pasta machine for $5 at a thrift store and it was brand new. I figured if I didn't use it for food I could always use it for FIMO Clay work. But My Italian Friend had a fit when she saw it, so It's been dedicated to food.
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898

Last edited by metqa; 07-05-2013 at 01:51 PM..
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2013, 06:13 AM   #422

if there were a programabble oven dial, you could just write or type the food you bake on the dial itself next to the temperature it cooks. I can't remember for all the different foods I cook whether it's 300 or 325, 350, 375, 390,400, etc. I might just take a wet marker and just write the food name next to the temperature directly on the oven....
Old 07-09-2013, 07:44 PM   #423

Tonight I made Tandoori Chicken with Cucumber mint yogurt sauce and grilled squash. I had one breast, and 1/2 each of a yellow squash and a zucchinni. ...
It was delicious.

But I'm still hungry.....
Old 07-13-2013, 03:56 PM   #424

I'm feeling grumpy. I've been driving all day, over 5 hours, and finally get home tired and frustrated that I haven't lost any weight. I put out 12 citronella candles on my open back porch, spray down with Backwoods repellant but not before getting bit 3 times. It takes 10 minutes for the candle smell to make the flying mosquites run away.

I go outside to empty all the almost flat surfaces that have collected water and are full of mosquito larvae from the daily rains.

And as soon as I finish this activity..... literally not even a minute passes since I empty the last surface....

IT STARTS TO RAIN ALL OVER AGAIN!!! There should be a "pulling your hair out" smiley.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:00 AM   #425
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
WOE: JUDDD
M E T Q A......calling with an echo!

Hope your well!
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:39 AM   #426

Wow, it's been a while since I posted in my own journal. Not up to much I guess. Just cleaning house and working. ... Boring stuff, I'm sorry!
Old 08-01-2013, 11:23 AM   #427

Having an Italian for a friend makes it really hard to stick to low carb in general. She's really good at making homemade pizza and pasta dishes. She knows that Low Carb is a good way to lose weight but she's a total Low Fat believer because she likes the volume of food you can have with low fat, and always having events related to food she attends, it's easier to find low fat than low carb to eat. She's afraid of feeling hungry. I can't convince her to IF or JUDDD at all. but at least when she does cook it's super delicious!
Old 08-04-2013, 11:55 PM   #428

Ginger, Turmeric, Almond Milk, stevia, black pepper, and Natural Calm Magnesium: Not as strange tasting a combination as you'd expect .

I need to make some more ginger jellies if I'm gonna keep doing things like swimming till I'm sore or following BF and Buddy out for "runs". Oi! my back is sore!
Old 08-06-2013, 06:30 AM   #429
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
Having an Italian for a friend makes it really hard to stick to low carb in general. She's really good at making homemade pizza and pasta dishes. She knows that Low Carb is a good way to lose weight but she's a total Low Fat believer because she likes the volume of food you can have with low fat, and always having events related to food she attends, it's easier to find low fat than low carb to eat. She's afraid of feeling hungry. I can't convince her to IF or JUDDD at all. but at least when she does cook it's super delicious!
Oh, I know so well how difficult it can be to stay low carb or low fat or any plan, for that matter, when you have an Italian in the kitchen.....ask me how I know! LOL
I can remember years ago when I was following Atkins but when it came to holidays, I always gave myself permission to eat our traditional meals. I specifically remember one Easter when I was making stuffed artichokes, and I was posting fairly regularly then. I decided not to post that I was using bread (horrors) for the stuffing, but found that it didn't hurt my weight loss at all......that was my turning point in allowing more carbs into my diet.

Quote:
Ginger, Turmeric, Almond Milk, stevia, black pepper, and Natural Calm Magnesium: Not as strange tasting a combination as you'd expect .

I need to make some more ginger jellies if I'm gonna keep doing things like swimming till I'm sore or following BF and Buddy out for "runs". Oi! my back is sore!
Had no idea you 'run'......my son and dil do it regularly and often do the 5K runs in Jax. When dh and I go, we do the 5K walk......

As far as swimming, there are times I wish we had a pool instead of our garden lanai, but then I think of the upkeep. It's wonderful that you have access to swimming.

Gracie's Journal
Old 08-06-2013, 11:02 AM   #430

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzie View Post
Oh, I know so well how difficult it can be to stay low carb or low fat or any plan, for that matter, when you have an Italian in the kitchen.....ask me how I know! LOL
I can remember years ago when I was following Atkins but when it came to holidays, I always gave myself permission to eat our traditional meals. I specifically remember one Easter when I was making stuffed artichokes, and I was posting fairly regularly then. I decided not to post that I was using bread (horrors) for the stuffing, but found that it didn't hurt my weight loss at all......that was my turning point in allowing more carbs into my diet.
Oh, that's funny. My friend enjoys some delicious meals. Even her low fat mushroom soup is tasty. I'm probably doomed! LOL

Quote:
Had no idea you 'run'
Oh, No, I DON'T. It's more like I drag myself along to make them feel good about themselves. I hate running, never been able to do it. I used to sprint as a child but I'd be great if I could even make it up a hill these days. It's a fad the boys are getting into because of a convention coming up. I doubt they will continue after a month. Now, OTOH, I had heard of C25K, but I couldn't get anyone to do it with me. but maybe I could coerce them to try the technique with me since it's all walk-run-walk anyway and they aren't fit enough to run the whole circuit.

Quote:
......my son and dil do it regularly and often do the 5K runs in Jax. When dh and I go, we do the 5K walk......

As far as swimming, there are times I wish we had a pool instead of our garden lanai, but then I think of the upkeep. It's wonderful that you have access to swimming.
We have community pools, but I think they are closing down because kids are going back to school. It's not fair for the adults who still want to swim and don't have to worry about book study. Pooh!

Last edited by metqa; 08-06-2013 at 11:05 AM..
Old 08-06-2013, 01:16 PM   #431
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Metqa, I was reading about MCT Oil on another thread that you posted in, and I'm really curious.

When I first bought the MCT Oil, I think I took it for just a short time.....don't even remember now....it was that long ago.

Barbara recommended it to me, and I remember her telling me she only took it on days she knew she was going to be staying home.

I'm taking pterstilbene and am wondering what your thoughts are about taking both on a DD.

With the way I forget things, I sometimes feel like a newbie learning all over again.

ETA....You had posted that you were looking for info about epilepsy and came across info on MCT oil......did you find anything interesting about that. Actually, that's what prompted me to post in that thread.

I have epilepsy and have done a significant amount reading in all these years, but never came across anything that would involve EVCO or MCT oil....at least I don't remember if I had...LOL

Last edited by sazzie; 08-06-2013 at 01:27 PM.. Reason: additional thought
Old 08-06-2013, 02:13 PM   #432

Well, the details were about uncontrolled childhood epilepsy and how they could find very few remedies that would work with the super strong medicines. They found that fasting helped but the children lost too much weight. The discovered that ketones produced during fasting helped the brain to function better and since MCT are Ketone precursors, MCT oil became a staple remedy in treating children. Ketones have been shown to be helpful in brain function and helps with dementia in some older people susceptible to it.

It's not magic oil, but it does have a lot of benefits of just being what it is. There are very few sources of MCT naturally, besides coconut and palm oil, so it's not a typical part of SAD. But it digests quickly as carbs, doesn't become body fat, and is thermogenic and appetite suppressing, ketone triggering, ...yeah, good stuff.

It's cosmetic properties, being colorless, odourless, tasteless, smooth textured, liquid when chilled, makes it easy to use as a supplement.

The ladies making food for their children would have the child on a low fat diet with the fat being substituted with MCT oil. This allowed them to include more protein and carbs while still being able to control calories and boost the effect of ketone production by using mCT oil instead of Long Chain fatty acids. If you Google MCT diet, you'll get more details of what they do.
Old 08-06-2013, 02:17 PM   #433

From epilepsy.com

"MCT oil can be used in baking, salad dressings, soups, casseroles and can also be used to lightly fry foods, especially ones which absorb oil well for example mushrooms, tomato, aubergines or marrow. Care needs to be taken as MCT oil has a low smoke point thus it cannot be heated excessively. "
Old 08-06-2013, 03:18 PM   #434
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Aah, OK......so it is ketone related, and that's where the benefit lies with those who have epilepsy.

I was first diagnosed with epilepsy at the age of 17, and I did see a neurologist regularly.

Years later, I purchased the 'red book' Atkins, post-pregnancy, and brought it to our family's GP just out of curiosity to see what his opinion would be.

I was shocked when he told me 'this is the diet you should follow for the rest of your life if you want to stay seizure-free'.

He was an older German doctor who was way ahead of his time. I not only lost the pregnancy weight in addition to quite a bit more, but during the entire time, I was totally seizure-free.

This is one of the reasons I love Dr. Atkins! God rest his soul!!

Of course today, my body lets me know how many refined carbs I can have before I get those 'danger signals' so my carb level is automatically controlled.

I also think that is the reason I gravitate towards JUDDD. It automatically lessens the carb level along with the caloric level.

Oh, and I will be starting the MCT oil regimen tomorrow...yea, you're right....it's good stuff.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:41 PM   #435

Quote:
I was shocked when he told me 'this is the diet you should follow for the rest of your life if you want to stay seizure-free'.
Wow, that's really cool.

Just be sure to either eat it with some food or to take a teeny tiny small amount alone or you will regret it! I had some stirred into my yogurt today. I didn't feel like taking it straight again. Sorry Key-tones, but I don't like pain, I'm a hedonist.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:29 AM   #436
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: allisonm
Stats: 336/286/160 5'9"
WOE: LC GFCF JUDDD
Quote:
If you figure something out PLEASE post it here. My tinnitus is so awful all the time I'm sure it's what makes me insane most of the time. I can't enjoy a quite room, and even the most annoying noises like nails on chalkboard seem like peaceful sounds compared to what I hear all the time. Sometimes I wanna cry it's so loud and disturbing, but a lot of herbal remedies I looked for just don't work or claim it takes 6 months to notice while paying $30 per box per month. Yeah right!
Hi! I was reading a bit of the diatomaceous earth thread and found this.

The thing that really fixes my tinnitus is eliminating both gluten and (especially) casein from my diet.

Tinnitus is horrible. Horrible! When mine worsened I actually thought it was the furnace making a high-pitched squeal that was reverberating throughout the house before calling a furnace repair man. It was so loud that I started going crazy and finally decided to leave the house. I drove away ... and the high-pitched squeal came with me. Over the next few weeks I was filled with panic. I know that I couldn't live with that sound and seriously began thinking that if this was my fate I might not want to go on living.

I read everything I could find and set up lots of little fountains, turned on music, white noise etc. That made it a little more tolerable.

It seems that some cells get damaged and send signals to the brain constantly, which register as a high-pitched whine, no different than if the sound were actually there. That to me suggests inflammation. So I went very pure paleo to eliminate anything inflammatory. Grains and dairy are the most inflammatory foods. I was already gluten-free but had only toyed with going dairy free. I finally took the big step and eliminated all dairy products from my diet, except for clarified butter (ghee) because it's the casein protein in dairy that causes problems. Slowly it began to work!

Now I have added incentive to eat clean all the time. Whenever I fall off the wagon and eat some cheese or yogurt my tinnitus flares right back up again and the furnace is shrieking again. It's unbearable. Even using cream for a few days intensifies the sound somewhat. It takes a while to get it back out of my system again too.

BUT, when I stay away from that irritant my head is peaceful again. If I think about it I notice a faint high-pitched whine all the time but I rarely notice it anymore.

I haven't tested what eating gluten again does. It's not a temptation for me.

I hope you find a solution Metqa, if you haven't already.
allisonm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:14 AM   #437

Thanks, I'll have to take into consideration what you have suggested, because it would be a big hassle for me to get rid of either gluten or casien, because they are some of my low carb staples; bake mixes that I use occasionally and fermented dairy like yogurt and kefir, soured creams and soft and hard cheeses.

But it might be worth a try during a strict fast to take note. It seems like it takes a long time though and I'm not very patient. I've been using turmeric paste, but when I get busy, i forget. then I don't know if I got a benefit or not. But I did talk to BF about your post and it was an interesting thought. If it ever gets too terrible to bear I'll consider doing that.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:22 AM   #438
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So Metqa, what's happening in your world?
Old 09-21-2013, 06:54 AM   #439

Oh, Lots and Nothing much at once. My jobs are stressing me the heck out, so I've bought some magnesium chloride to make some medicated body butter to help with anxiety. I'm wanting to do a round of HCG, and haven't really "planned" but think I'll just start, since I'll keep talking myself out of starting.
My second niece is about to give me an additional Great Niece to love.

I'm freaking out, in general, as usual, but things are fine overall.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:37 AM   #440

MCT oxidizes better if you weigh less....

Quote:
From a health perspective, MCT increase fat oxidation and energy expenditure as well as reduce food intake and beneficially alter body composition.
But this study shows that while MCT increases energy expenditure that it increased it more in men with lower body weight than in men with higher body weight.

I guess this would be a good explanation for doing Simeon's Protocol without MCT to start if you were severely overweight, and maybe adding it in later when body weight is lower and better able to use it as energy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12975635
Greater rise in fat oxidation with medium-chain triglyceride consumption relative to long-chain triglyceride is associated with lower initial body weight and greater loss of subcutaneous adipose tissue.
[...]
Abstract
OBJECTIVE:

Medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) consumption has been shown to increase energy expenditure (EE) and lead to greater losses of the adipose tissue in animals and humans. The objective of this research was to examine the relationship between body composition and thermogenic responsiveness to MCT treatment.
DESIGN:

Randomized, crossover, controlled feeding trial, with diets rich in either MCT or long-chain triglyceride (LCT) (as olive oil) for periods of 4 weeks each.
SUBJECTS:

A total of 19 healthy overweight men aged (x+/-s.e.m.) 44.5+/-2.5 y with a body mass index of 27.8+/-0.5 kg/m(2).
MEASUREMENTS:

EE and body composition were measured using indirect calorimetry and magnetic resonance imaging, respectively, at the baseline and end point of each feeding period. EE was measured for 30 min before consumption of a standard meal and for 5.5 h following the meal.
RESULTS:

Body weight (BW) decreased (P<0.05) by 1.03+/-0.25 kg with MCT consumption compared to 0.62+/-0.29 kg with LCT consumption. The difference in average EE between MCT and LCT consumptions was related to initial BW, such that men with lower initial BW had a greater rise in EE with MCT consumption relative to LCT on day 28 (r=-0.472, P=0.04) but not day 2 (r=-0.368, P=0.12). Similar results were obtained with fat oxidation on day 28 (r=-0.553, P=0.01). The greater rise in fat oxidation with MCT compared to LCT consumption on day 2 tended to be related to greater loss of BW after MCT vs LCT consumption (r=-0.4075, P=0.08).

CONCLUSION:

These data suggest that shunting of dietary fat towards oxidation results in diminished fat storage, as reflected by the loss of BW and subcutaneous adipose tissue. Furthermore, MCT consumption may stimulate EE and fat oxidation to a lower extent in men of greater BW compared to men of lower BW, indicative of the lower responsiveness to a rapidly oxidized fat by overweight men.International
I'm using MCT in my current P2 round. Hopefully I'll get better Energy Expenditure and fat oxidation.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:11 AM   #441

I think I am a terrible skeptic sometimes.
I often don't believe something till I see proof, but also, if I come to believe something, i won't disbelieve it without proof. It's almost hypocritical I guess.

For example, Biz of HTA prohibits the use of coconut oil during P2 after documentation of hundreds of folks who say theyused it and it either slowed down their losses or they had trouble stabilizing.

But ME, I want proof. If someone had trouble stabilizing, how do they know it was the coconut oil they used during the P2 phase? I had trouble stabilizing after my round and I had NOT used coconut oil, it turned out it was something else coinciding with my P3 that caused me trouble. Plus, I'm extremely skeptical of self reported data. I can see coconut oil slowing down losses because of the added fat, and the idea that the protocol should be low fat. ( but then again, fozzie lost with HCG while doing EFGT.....)

HCGChica claims that using MCT oil caused her to lose muscle mass? That's a pretty strong claim. Okay, so she lost muscle mass the same round that she used MCT oil, was anything ELSE different? And exactly how does MCT which increases FAT oxidation cause the Muscles to waste? Biologically speaking MCT would be muscle sparing since it increases fat use which is need to pair with muscles to fuel gluconeogenisis, so if she were eating enough protein, there should have not been muscle wasting.

Maybe that' was it. Maybe she wasn't having enough protein, and the MCT allowed her body to use more fat which combines with protein to make glucose, but is that the fault of the MCT or the lack of enough protein?

Based on what I've learned about MCT, I can only see the benefits of it in general, and some quandries about how it might affect P2, but find it hard to believe how god-awful some claim it to be, worse than butter and sour cream, on P2.

Last edited by metqa; 11-03-2013 at 11:15 AM..
Old 11-12-2013, 11:42 AM   #442
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karai
Stats: 262/160/140
WOE: BFC-cycling
Start Date: June 2013
Hi Metqa!

I am seriously thinking about doing JUDDD after I squeeze as much weightloss as I can out of the belly fat cure plan. Congrats on the weightloss! I know that you feel good about your success. It really keeps you motivated to see the scale go in the right direction.

On the flushing, I used to take Niaspan to lower my cholesterol(which btw is normal now due to the weightloss Yay!). It made me flush too. I had to take an aspirin thirty minutes before each dosage in order to avoid the flushes. But, most of the time, it didn't work. It was awful. Now, I take OTC no flush Niacin for maintenance.

Hey thanks for dropping by BFC. The party was kool. The powers that be at LCFs deleted my original party because I probably dropped too many names in the post. So, I had to redo it. I am so thankful that I finally got out of the 200's! What a boost! Thanks for your support. Metqa we can do this...holidays and all...we can make it through.

KUTGW!
Old 11-12-2013, 04:04 PM   #443

Thanks Karai!

It sure it motivating seeing some changes. Yesterday's Whoosh really was needed for my peace of mind.

Coming back here, I just realized something, I've been on a HCG for a couple of weeks now and only had one day where I had cheese and I can't think of anything I've had that might have had gluten and my tinnitus hasn't changed one bit. Oh well.

Hey, you are so right about the Holidays. I've sent an email to my Mom about my intentions to bring my own side dishes that are low carb friendly, instead of being the weird on with only one spoonful of everthing on her plate and then mounds of meat! LOL
Old 11-13-2013, 08:25 AM   #444
Senior LCF Member

Metqa, I hope things clear up. Gluten is so insidious for many people. My middle brother started becoming allergic a few years ago. My SIL has to gluten-proof the house (if that's possible).

You are on target about going to the holiday dinners/parties prepared. Bringing LC dishes will keep you on-track and out of the spotlight. Most people don't care or don't get offended, they are usually understanding and supportive.

This year TG will be at my house. I thought I was in the clear, but my oldest brother and SIL (who drew TG this year) need to do some unexpected traveling. So, we volunteered to host the dinner. Just found out about it Monday! At least, I can prepare a lot of LC dishes to serve. I may be able to convert some of my other family members.
Karai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:53 AM   #445

Who was it that said she fixed three dishes: Mashed potatoes, Mashed cauliflower and Just like Stuffed Baked Potatoes, and in the end, they ate up the cauliflower dishes instead of the mashed potato? I laughed out loud at that.

My family is NOT very supportive. One year I asked to use the oven to roast some veggies, it was like I asked to bring the toilet to the dinner table. I baked the Love and Kisses Red Velvet cake, and NO one even tried it except my sweet nephew, and he ate it all ( it was a half recipe) When someone finds out I made a recipe they instantly start asking "What's in it", but they will eat the overly salted boiled to death limp green beans or the mac and cheese that someone forgot to make a sauce for, it was literally just cooked macaroni and shredded cheese! Last year I made the JLSBP and my mom insisted I use some of her low fat ingredients. sigh! This year I hope to make inroads as I insist on dishes to make and accommodations for my diet just like they do for everyone else. If my niece can get a whole pie just because she likes it, why can't I get a sugar free pie/cake cause I like it? My Mom is on board with me this time, so I have an ally. I'll be making a cranberry chutney, Charski's Jalapeno Orange Zest. I'll make green bean casserole, and Mom will make a pumpkin cheesecake, and I might make the Love and Kisses Cake. I'll also bring a Spiked Cranberry Juice Coctail, Not low carb at all, but just something special for the grown ups, i'll probably bring my own spritzer. and of course, I'll be taking carb blockers, just in case!
Old 11-14-2013, 09:39 AM   #446
Senior LCF Member

The dishes that you plan to bring to the TG dinner sound very appetizing. I can't imagine why...well, let me stop...yes, I can imagine why people can turn down healthy dishes. They are used to eating the bad stuff, and are afraid to try something new. Now, I could see if you made a dish that had weird 'delicacies' of animal secret parts and creepy crawlers (things that people really eat). The dishes that you make are actually improvements on the carb laden, sodium bloating and diabetic coma inducing versions.

It's wonderful that mom is supportive. Having a support system is an absolute necessity in order to make it to goal (at least for me). I don't expect everyone to be supportive...because a lot of people aren't for whatever reasons. But, there are alot who are there for you.

Do you mind sharing your chutney recipe? I'd love to use it as a LC side.

I too have challenges with introducing LC healthy versions of dishes into dinners for my extended family. They called themselves 'selective foodies'. But, they pretty much eat the same old stuff...meats, sauces, grains, a veggie here and there, & tons of sugar. But our main foodie (which won't be able to attend this year's TG dinner) is really a connoisseur of foods. I respect her opinion tremendously. She knows her stuff. So, when she gives you a compliment on your dish, you have arrived.

Do the carb bockers really work?
Old 11-14-2013, 12:38 PM   #447

An image that made my day was seeing Patrick Stewart in a Lobster Costume!

Charkski's Jalapeno Cranberry Sauce
I don't put it on anything so I don't think of it as a sauce as much as side dish so I sometimes slip and call it a chutney.

I hope your connoisseur likes your dishes, that would really be a 1 up for you and everyone would have to admit they are good.

I think the Carb Blockers work. Last year, I was JUDDDing and lost some weight and maintained for a month. Then Thanksgiving happened TWICE; once at my home and then at BF's home. I ate all that was offerred, carbs in moderation but not skimping at all. Recommended dose per meal is 2 capsules. I took three for each big meal, and by the end of the week I still had not shown any gain from two large meals back to back. Now Carb blockers should be called starch blockers because they are amylase blockers, they do NOT block sugar from absorbing since it is already in it's simplest form.

I use them for Holiday Meals where I want to sample each dish and there will be higher carbs, even in my own dishes. For example, I only make LC cornbread on Thanksgivings. I only make red velvet chocolate cake on Thanksgiving or Christmas. and I use sweetener for that, so the only thing left to worry about is the natural carbs in the oat flour. I don't eat the Hawaiian rolls or the regular bread, I do sample the stuffing cause it's so good, but I think I'll get mom to use a higher fiber bread to make it this year.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:22 PM   #448

It seems this way anyway, that anytime I either a) start a diet or b) start to exercise more, I get sick. I've been moaning to my BF about my3 day static weight and he reminded me that I've been sick all three days and I'm probably holding on to water. Not to mention I got super stupid hungry for the first time yesterday while feeling like crap, so I cheated with a spoonful of mayo and potted meat. Two days before, all I had was 200g of super lean meat and a cucumber so I should have dropped it like a hot rock. But even today I'm not actually hungry, so I'm sipping on Chicken soup , a bit pot of 6 cups of chicken broth with onion soup mix, celery, mushrooms and chicken soup spices( turmeric, paprika, celery seed, black pepper, greek seasoning) and one chicken breast. Very satisfying despite being very little actual food. But that's what my stupid sick body wants right now! and Lots of water.

It doesn't help I have to work everyday this weekend, but Kroger marked down some super lean turkeybreast slices to $2 per package and it holds 198g, so it's perfect to take on the road. That plus a cucumber, plus a SF pudding cup, and maybe I'll take a salad.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:15 AM   #449

I'm getting spontaneous urgings to jump.

Don't worry, that's normal for me. At least it was until a few months ago when I realized that my random bouncing habit was becoming painful to my knees and ankles. I had to reign it in a bit.

I'm glad that finding myself able to randomly bounce and jump without a twinge. Going from 147 to 137 makes a big difference.

Oh, yeah, forgot to mention I got a 3lb whoosh after being sickly all week. I feel a bit empty, but much lighter. Don't know if I lost inches, but I'll take what I can get.

oh, and the above post I said SF pudding cup, I meant SF jello cup, I get them mixed up sometimes. It was the red and orange jello cups. they aren't that bad.

Last edited by metqa; 11-17-2013 at 08:17 AM..
Old 11-18-2013, 12:06 PM   #450
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the recipe! Got it for the archives. Will let you know how it turned out.

Cool pic...love Patrick Stewart in the X-men! I love the X-men movies. I am a major action and sci-fi movies girlie. Professor X and Magneto (Ian McKellan) did a gig together on Broadway recently.

I hope you are feeling better. Your BF was right. It looks like your body let go of the extra water it was using for healing. Hey, take the 3 lb loss. It's a loss. On the bouncing...are you referring to a nervousness, or scale ups/downs?

Btw, I will try the carb blockers too. Anything special I should look for?