Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 10:01 AM   #391
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/142.5/135
WOE: HCG
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 11/2013
So far today I've had a popsicle, and handful of walnuts, and small bowl of chicken salad.

The Chicken salad was really good: I chopped up a handful of lettuce, I chopped half a chicken breast from a rotisserie, Added a handful of shredded cheddar, 2 spoonfuls of salsa, and a cilantro-avocado cream sauce I made for pork tacos the other day.

The cilantro avocado cream sauce is made like this.

1 avocado
1 clove of garlic, minced
2T sour cream
2 green onions chopped
2T Lime Juce
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/4t salt

They say to put it all in a food processor but I just mashed and mixed it with a form till it was smooth enough. It tastes 5 times better the next day, cause all the flavors have blended. It was great on pork tacos, I put it in a chicken burrito,and today I used it as the smoothing ingredient for my chicken salad.
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2012, 11:00 AM   #392
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
WOE: JUDDD
Metqa,

Good for you starting JUDDD or anything for that matter!

I knew that once the time was right, you'd do something.

You've been so busy with moving and re-organizing that it sounds like now you've settled in a bit.........I'm glad.

Those recipes sound good.
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:32 PM   #393

Oh My Gosh! I'm about to start 5 Jobs Next Week!

Okay, so after buying the house I was terminated from two of my jobs with the same company( GED and ESL) and the third was winding down.

I was rehired for my GED class at 6 hours a week ( but not the ESL)
I was asked back for the Typing Class job for next semester.
I was put on a new research team that starts in January ( no more transporting urine at the wee hours of the morning....ha no pun intended)

Then because DOL kept hounding me, I kept looking for more part time work despite the fact that I start a random schedule soon. I found a Hotel that needed workers but could not accomodate my schedule. Well the night auditor saw my application and asked if I'd mind working two overnight shifts a week. I accepted it, figuring extra cash in exchange for sleep two nights a week, might not be that awful, plus it'd be steady. Job number 4....

Yesterday, My coworker called me frantic saying one of the teachers quit at the last minute and they need a substitute for the next two weeks Mondays and Tuesdays from 9-12, and the position will be opened and if I applied I would be considered. 5th Job.

I don't know WHEN I'll sleep.

Feast and Famine, that's how my life is with jobs and money! I'm coming out of a famine period and I'm about to pick up rent from my new tenant! Wow!

Now I'd better get to cooking some meals cause I'm not gonna have time to feed myself after tomorrow!
Old 01-04-2013, 10:15 PM   #394

for nighttime sanity's sake

Note to self:

Don't drink chocolate milk and read Franz Kafka right before lights out.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:50 PM   #395

Gotta write this down so I don't forget.
a twist on an old dessert: Make Cream Cheese Clouds, using the bag instead of piping out a pyramid mound, pipe out the base of the mound then make a well/wall instead of filling in the center, then freeze it like usual, then take a different bag and fill it with Sugar free fruit jam and pipe a dollop into the center of the cloud. Mini fruit filled cheesecake bites!
Old 02-19-2013, 06:07 AM   #396

Hey! My very first Instructable was just featured on the front page of the website. If you go to the Instructables website frontpage and scroll down to Workshops, My tutorial is featured there,less than 24 hours after I published it. Wow, I feel cool and popular!

"How I turned a laundry bag into a flow through worm bag" is the title.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:56 PM   #397

Well, I was talking with my Italian Friend about losing weight and she said she wanted to do something, so I challenged her to how much we should try to lose before our pot luck next sunday.

I accidentally said 2 Kilo instead of 2lb, and now she's like "yeah, we can do 2K!"

I think she's mad, but she's game.

So Starting Monday, through Saturday, I've got to figure out a way to lose 2 Kilo, or approximately 4.4lb. Shouldn't be that hard. I've gained that much recently.

Off to look at my fat fast and EFGT menus...
Old 06-03-2013, 10:44 AM   #398

This morning I weighed in at 66Kilos! DON"T JUDGE ME!

Anyway, I started the day with Esl Class and a cup of Cranberry weight loss tea with a packet of xylitol.

Then came home and had 10 macadamia nuts. I wasn't really hungry yet, but I don't want to get hungry later and snog everything.

ETA: I guess I should change my states in my profile. I forgot that was there....

Last edited by metqa; 06-03-2013 at 10:46 AM..
Old 06-03-2013, 06:38 PM   #399

Today I had a cup of tea with Xylitol sugar, that was 2 calories.
I had 1 oz of Macadamia for breakfast at noon. Then I had 1 oz of Macadamia for a snack at 3pm. Then I had 1oz of Macadamia nuts after work at 8pm.
That's about 612 Kcal.
Now I'm having Shiritaki Noodles with Miso Paste, seaweed and 1 duck egg.
So far I have 779 Kcal . 82% fat, 9% protein and 9% carbohydrate. If I get hungry later I can have something for 221 extra calories.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:19 AM   #400

65.2 K This morning at about 6:25am. Why did I wake up so early...
Old 06-06-2013, 05:58 AM   #401

Hey! I'm already down more than 2 Kilos from this Monday, and surprisingly , it is without a lot of potty breaks. In fact, I've gone potty less often than I normally do . I guess the reduced calories have nothing to waste.

But A 3 day fat fast has certainly exceeded my expectations on my body. I was sure that a goal of 2 kilos in a week was too much but now I'm already ahead of the game. I'll just have to remember to take my carb blockers to the Sunday Pot luck not to ruin any progress I've made during this week. I know there will be carby dishes cause my friend mentioned a traditional potato dish her husband will make.

Anyway, I woke up kinda headachy and with upset bowels so I think the Rotel chicken I had yesterday is working it's evil voodoo on my guts. I need to drink some water and get moving for the day.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:44 PM   #402

Today I decided to eat some salad lettuce to stretch my meals a bit. the suggestion of 2 oz of tuna with 2 teaspoon of mayo, I changed to 2 oz of Tuna with 2T Annies Green Goddess dressing and 85 grams of salad lettuce blend. the tuna was only 66 calories ,the dressing 110 and the salad around 20, so that still hits the 200 mark while still being very low in carbs and high in fat. I've had this twice today and one serving of Macs, and my ratio is a bit low in the fat , 71%, I think because of so much protein. So, I'll probably have it once more since I'm gonna be out at a club meeting where there will be yummy food and I can eat my tuna salad instead and come home and snack on clouds and cocoa bark to make up the rest of the fat.

Last edited by metqa; 06-06-2013 at 12:46 PM..
Old 06-07-2013, 06:45 AM   #403

I have a potluck dinner to attend on Sunday and it will be "normal" eating so that means meat fats and carbs. I plan to take along my carb blockers so I can sample a bit of everything.

My problem is that I don't know what to bring. Most of my dishes are either very low calorie and seen as "diet " food, or very high fat and seen as "unhealthy" food. I could make Just like stuffed baked potatoes because I know I'll like it but it's very fatty and some folks are like " Oh , i do xyz to reduce the fat in MY recipes...." But if I bring one of my favorite salads , though they are flavorful, they Do look like well, Salads and no one comes to pot lucks to eat ...salads....

I could make a dessert, but then it will be either really sugary or really fatty. or both.

Hmm, I know a few folks are really into the greek yogurt. Maybe I can make my metqanized cherry cheesecake pie, but use real sugar so as not to freak out the " I don't use A.S." folks, but also use the homemade greek yogurt to show that the sugar can be reduced by replacing the condensed milk. No one will complain about the cream cheese, or the graham crust. Okay, I'm gonna make that.

ETA: I think I'll also make a few salads , just to counter the dessert. I'm thinking maybe P2 Radish Salad, as well as Stoplight Cottage Cheese Salad, and ,maybe Spicy Curry Napa and Shrimp with Shiritaki noodles, chilled.

ETAA: Okay, just remembered one of the hosts can't eat spicy so I think I'll do the Napa Apple Shrimp Salad instead.

Last edited by metqa; 06-07-2013 at 06:55 AM..
Old 06-08-2013, 05:13 AM   #404

Hooray, I'm down 5 1/2 pounds since Mondays Start of Fat FAsting. This weekend will be like a refeed and I know that plaintains , potatoes and some other starchy foods will be served. I plan to sample some of everything cause these are my friends and theya re proud of their ethnic dishes. But I'll take a carb blocker to minimize the damage.

I got the ingredients for the pies and the salads, and I think I've decided to make one pie Totally Metqanized ( with yogurt and sweetener) and the other Half Metqanized (with yogurt and real sugar ) for my Artificial sweetener fearful friends. That way I can enjoy the pie with less damage since carb blockers don't block sugar.

Anyway, I'm really happy about my progress, though my gut is not as happy about the Rotel Chicken. But' it's TASTY. Y'know ifyou used buffalo wing sauce, it would be a great buffallo wing dip for a party.

Last edited by metqa; 06-08-2013 at 05:14 AM..
Old 06-09-2013, 08:46 AM   #405

I"m the same weight as yesterday morn, but yesterday was hectic with driving to another town and back, shoveling and hauling dirt from one part of the yard to another and making my muscles sore, cooking a bunch of food and pies and sampling them and dancing about, and I'm over due for a BM, and I stayed up till 3pm.

But I'm not worried, I made my point and progress. I'm going to go and enjoy this cook out, and start again This coming Monday. Now that I've spent a day cooking, I feel Like I can keep the momentum for myself and make some yummy dishes for myself.

ETA: I just realized that this week of fat fasting has put me very near my first mini goal: to get back down to 135. Well, today will be an up day, Then I'll get back on track.

Last edited by metqa; 06-09-2013 at 08:48 AM..
Old 06-17-2013, 11:44 AM   #406

I haven't posted here, I guess I posted in the fat fast forum. Anyway, I kept most of the loss from the fat fast week, I bounced back up from my below goal amount and settled at my goal amount.
I spent a few days at BF's house helping him with his roof, so I hadn't been weighing as I don't have a scale there.
But I am back home and figured that I could/should start a juddd cycle again.
I found my MCT oil and had a duck egg with some lox , cream cheese and mushroom sauteed in 1T of that oil for breakfast, and just now I had some kefir whizzed with blueberries, sweetener and 1 T MCToil. I'm sure that all is more than 376 calories, but I figure it's a start.

I work super early tomorrow morning, so I'm glad that will be an upday so I can eat out on the road instead of worrying about hunger.

I'll weigh tomorrow morning.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:03 PM   #407

It's more like 770 or so, according to a meal counter use.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:15 AM   #408
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So, Metqa, are you doing JUDDD now?

That Fat Fast did you well, my friend!
Old 06-20-2013, 06:55 PM   #409

The fat fast DID do well by me, thanks for noticing.
I on the other hand am not able to make the commitment to JUDDD like I'd want. My work schedules keep changing withing 24 hours and I honestly know even know where I'll be most days or what level of activity I'll be, so it has been really hard to stick to an Up day down day schedule that doesn't leave me in a hole somehow without resources.

I"m pleased to say that my weight has not gone back up since the fat fast except for a fluctuation withing .2 kilo, so there is some great news for me, and I've not been eating low carb each day though. Some meals are very low in carbs and some meals are just regular meals depending on where I am and what's available.

But I know I want to lose some more and when I finally get around to staying "on plan" Whichever that is , I will have to just struggle through since things are getting weirder with my jobs instead of settling down.

I'm glad I have my Italian friend to converse with IRL, and my BF too, and my girlfriend who has some similar concerns about her health and body image ( but who is still young and skinny by my standards, LOL)

Thanks for stopping by. I kinda feel like I've been talking to myself for a while, but I still like to be able to document some things. even if(ESPECIALLY BECAUSE) I'm not very consistent right now.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:11 AM   #410

BF is helping me make a menu for next week so I won't feel so overwhelmed. I think if I get back to home cooking, it will be better for my budget and for me in general.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:47 PM   #411

Today I made hard boiled eggs by baking them in the oven in silicon cups at 350 for 35 min. It was so easy.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:26 PM   #412
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Whoever would have thunk? LOL

Making hard boiled eggs by baking!

What prompted that, Metqa?
Old 07-01-2013, 08:47 PM   #413

I saw it on pinterest. Since boiled eggs are a bane in my kitchen routines, I figured it couldn't be worse than the failures I have had with boiling.

I loved how easy it was. Bake it for 35 min, dump in ice water, shell slides off ( there are always exceptions but 3 out of 4 is superior to what I usually experience) I always have old eggs, at least a week, cause I buy double dozens on sale so I have some for fresh and some for boiling. As the fresh ones get older, they become the boiling eggs as I buy fresh ones to replace them.

It was too easy and I had stuffed eggs for lunch today without losing too much of the white.

Actually I had Lox and cream cheese stuffed eggs! Chopped lox, chopped green onion mashed with cream cheese and egg yolk. It was great!
Old 07-02-2013, 08:46 AM   #414

I had gluc-oatfiber noodles and stroganoff beef and sauce for breakfast. I think there were too many thickeners in that entire meal.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:10 AM   #415
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Metqa, did you feel bloated after eating that meal, or was the taste just off?
Old 07-04-2013, 08:57 AM   #416

Actually, I did not feel bloated. Nor have i had any unusual BM. It was mostly just the texture. I guess I am a pasta snob, dreamfields is the only available pasta sub I enjoy. Meullers usesto make a great high fiber low carb pasta bit dropped it in favor of "whole wheat" marketing.
I'll stick with dreamfields and shirataki
Old 07-05-2013, 08:33 AM   #417

Yay. just avoiding grain and sugar, I've gone from 142lbs last month, down to 137lbs, according to my counter's weight chart. It converts the weight from kilos to pounds for me, so I hope it's accurate.
My first Mini goal was to get to 62.4 Kilos, and I'm at 62.2 Kilos this morning. So I need to set a new goal.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:51 AM   #418
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, Dreamfields has always been a favorite of mine...didn't know about that other brand, but it's just as well, since it's off the market......

What a change in your weight!! See, starch and sugar always end up being the culprits, don't they?

I'm very happy for you........set that new goal, gf, set that new goa!!!!
Old 07-05-2013, 11:26 AM   #419

Thanks Sassie.

That other brand is Meullers' and they are not off the market, they just stopped carrying the low carb option. Since they stopped I wrote several letters asking them to carry it, and finally stopped buying their high carb pasta altogether ( for my BF and his Roommate) I told them that since the company didn't want my low carb business why should I spend my money on their other products at all?

I about flew to the moon when Dreamfields came out with angel hair pasta, cause I don't really care for spaghetti all that much and fettuchinni is alright, Lasagna is a treat, but I'd love for them to make egg noodles, shells or bowties.

I have a wonderful pasta machine, and I know how to use it! Muahahaha! No seriously, it's not really that hard at all to make homemade pasta just with wheat , egg and flour. I think if you make it at home you eat less of it, since you have to process every serving versus just pouring it out of a box.

Anyhow, I'm trying to avoid the dreamfield for the rest of the week at least. I told BF I wanted to do quick weight loss, but he told me he wanted me to do sustainable life plan so that I don't crash or go off plan. So I told him that since I'm not JUDDDing regularly, maybe I could do a Low Carb JUDDD style plan where some days I'm really strict with Low Carb, and some days I'm a bit lenient, but still low carb. So I could still occasionally have dreamfields with him, or a recipe that calls for bread crumbs I could use the healthy life low carb bread I have stashed in the freezer, or I can have my kefir milk.

I need some kefir milk right now actually. I have a bit of tummy upset and have to stay near the bathroom. I was gonna go to work, but that involves a 2 hour trip on rural roads between rural towns with few bathroom stops to find. That did NOT sound comfortable so I told my boss I'd go out next week. Sorry, boss! I might ignore my head or my back or even my stomach, but I listen when my intestines tell me to stay put!!!

My new goal is just to keep this weight down and get another kilo off by next Friday.

Also I found my Saving Dinner:The Low Carb Way Cookbook by Leanne Ely, so I'm gonna go shopping for next weeks menu plan so I don't have to worry about what's for dinner once classes and work start up again.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:15 PM   #420
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
Thanks Sassie.

That other brand is Meullers' and they are not off the market, they just stopped carrying the low carb option. Since they stopped I wrote several letters asking them to carry it, and finally stopped buying their high carb pasta altogether ( for my BF and his Roommate) I told them that since the company didn't want my low carb business why should I spend my money on their other products at all?

Love the fact that you let them know.....as if it's really going to cut into their sales, but at least you got your say in the matter.

I about flew to the moon when Dreamfields came out with angel hair pasta, cause I don't really care for spaghetti all that much and fettuchinni is alright, Lasagna is a treat, but I'd love for them to make egg noodles, shells or bowties.

^^^^This.........I know my daughter and I were ecstatic when we first saw angel hair on the shelves. It's always been our favorite.
Oooh, btw, I'm out of it, so must get some today after the gym.

I have a wonderful pasta machine, and I know how to use it! Muahahaha! No seriously, it's not really that hard at all to make homemade pasta just with wheat , egg and flour. I think if you make it at home you eat less of it, since you have to process every serving versus just pouring it out of a box.
I know you're serious, but I'm not........I can't have another piece of kitchen equipment in this house...........except a new coffee pot.

Anyhow, I'm trying to avoid the dreamfield for the rest of the week at least. I told BF I wanted to do quick weight loss, but he told me he wanted me to do sustainable life plan so that I don't crash or go off plan. So I told him that since I'm not JUDDDing regularly, maybe I could do a Low Carb JUDDD style plan where some days I'm really strict with Low Carb, and some days I'm a bit lenient, but still low carb. So I could still occasionally have dreamfields with him, or a recipe that calls for bread crumbs I could use the healthy life low carb bread I have stashed in the freezer, or I can have my kefir milk.

Ya know, before I made my decision to go back to JUDDD, I was on the fence.......low carb....JUDDD.......low carb........JUDDD
So, combined the best of both worlds and decided to JUDDD and low carb, but not so low that I'll become carb resistant.

So, I'm staying in the 40-60 range of carbs when I do have them. I think that's a good place to be.......just not sure anymore. Just don't want to do any program to the extreme.

I need some kefir milk right now actually. I have a bit of tummy upset and have to stay near the bathroom. I was gonna go to work, but that involves a 2 hour trip on rural roads between rural towns with few bathroom stops to find. That did NOT sound comfortable so I told my boss I'd go out next week. Sorry, boss! I might ignore my head or my back or even my stomach, but I listen when my intestines tell me to stay put!!!

Indeed!!! Wise decision!!

My new goal is just to keep this weight down and get another kilo off by next Friday.

If I lose 2 more lbs by next Friday, I'll be on my road to a big

Also I found my Saving Dinner:The Low Carb Way Cookbook by Leanne Ely, so I'm gonna go shopping for next weeks menu plan so I don't have to worry about what's for dinner once classes and work start up again.
That's the ticket!