Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2012, 02:24 PM   #331
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/140.4/125; 5'1"
WOE: HCG Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 07/2014
New Toilet Seat! Tomorrow, New Hot Water Heater. Danny the maintenance guy is So Awesome. I'll miss him. He's cool. Maybe I should get his contact info.
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2012, 09:55 AM   #332

I've been making a light drink and I like it.

it's half a cup of cold water,
a splash of Kroger Light Orange Juice, Only 10g carb per 8 oz/40 cal
and fill the rest of the cup with Ocean spray Diet Cranberry Juice 5 calories/2g carb per 8 oz.

It's probably less than an ounce of OJ and maybe 3 ounces of cran juice. 1.2+.25g carb.

It's light, it's refreshing, it's just sweet enough, but not sticky, it has a full flavor without being overwhelming, and a light taste without being bland and one dimensional.

Since I have to take out three containers each time, I think I might make a whole pitcher in proportion and keep it in the fridge.Yum!
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898

Last edited by metqa; 08-24-2012 at 09:56 AM..
Old 09-01-2012, 04:06 AM   #333
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jylly
Stats: 157/142/130
WOE: lo carb
Start Date: November 2009
Hi, back in Feb you were asking about laser for eyebrow hair removal. Laser is better for removing a larger swath of hair. Electrolysis would cost a lot less for the few hairs removed from your eyebrows. Laser usually needs a minimum of 3 treatments.
Jylly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:30 PM   #334

Wow, I don't remember that, but thanks for the info. i like my eyebrows, but I wonder about underarm hair, as I don't like itchiness. I'll leave it alone rather than shave and risk bumps and itchy. I've heard of laser and light treatments, but I'm still skeptical it will work on coarse hair like mine.

Whew, I've have a lot of excitement lately!
I'm out of my lease with my Apartment Landlord, I've fronted some money to help the kid who took over the lease to move in. I've gotten most all of my belongings into my duplex home, some things are still at BF but are like kitchen condiments and such.

Still have some unresolved money issues with neighbors/tenants, but just renewed the contract with the Property Manager so HE can be the bad guy and not me.

I've got my own money issues to deal with but that's boring to talk about. But still kinda a source of stress. Had my first typing class today. A lot of people signed up but only 4 showed up, but got em started.

Tonight is the first night of ESL Class with my returning students. They are coming up with a plan to help me out. so I hope this works out. I decided to keep volunteering on Tuesdays to grab newbies and beginner level people but the returning students are all advanced and want a day where it's focused on them. sounds reasonable.

I've still got loads to unpack and organize, things to cut, pieces missing, things that don't fit, etc. At first it seemed more of the same stress and chaos, but BF helped me realize that this is the fun part, putting it all back to together so it works.

I went to a convention this holiday weekend and had a good time. Relaxing, exciting and tiring all at once.

So many things I've forgotten to do involving moving, I did change of address, but smaller places may not know so I'm updating all the stores as I shop, and I need to re-register to vote with my new address I guess.

MOSQUITOES are EVERYWHERE! I need to get my Jerry Baker Recipes and spray or I can't even walk to the car without several stings!

Since I can't even fathom being able to use the kitchen yet, I'm not on any plan, but I've got some ideas in mind. Things have changed a lot, new information, the Weight Loss Apocalyse has become big news, I need to update my knowledge. I still have a bottle of HCG to use up, and I want to do it right so I'm gonna be a while before I start.

But Wow, So much has happened! I'll need to upload some pictures of my place as I get it together!
Old 09-07-2012, 07:10 PM   #335

Today I wasted a lot of time waiting for other people to not tell me what I needed to know.

The guy at Lowes seemed to think they didn't carry "special hoses that bring water to the washing machine"

I have a portable washer designed to attach to a sink faucet ( for apartments with no hookups) I told him I needed to hook it up like a regular machine but the company said I needed a $68 kit, but I just wanted to buy the hoses. He thought the hose would be a different size or diameter and made up some mumbo jumbo about how they might not fit, and the connectors would have to be adjusted and pretty much walked to a random section in plumbing, raised his hands in defeat without looking at anything and said they wouldn't have that kind of stuff...literally blocking my view of anything they had. I left in disgust. ( ETA: Oh and he said they couldn't order anything like that either...)

I went back today, bought two standard washer hoses and a drain tube and hooked it up in 9 minutes. Some people shouldn't be in customer service jobs.

Last edited by metqa; 09-07-2012 at 07:14 PM..
Old 09-15-2012, 05:23 PM   #336

Aw Man! I really wanna make some clouds; I wanna make BF's favorite pie for his birthday, but I cannot find the darned hand mixer!!

I know which box I put it into, but i cannot find THAT particular BOX! Funny thing is that I found the hand mixer motor that I was gonna give away as an extra! Now if I can just find the beaters I can get along and make these desserts! Off to look for the box with the beaters.....!

I need to get back on JUDDD, but I think I've caught a cold with all this stress and moving and dust and unfamiliar place. It's making me stressed and hungry and tired and cranky.

I had to use my inhaler cause I felt so grumpy and down and dark and didn't realize that the headache, sore through and hot flashes were masking the tight chest that was keeping me from breathing right and BF warned me not to forget I have it and to use it. It really helps you feel not so doomy and panicked when you can actually BREATHE!

We used to use ephedra tea for BF when he had breathing trouble but it's hard to impossible to find that anymore, so he uses the inhaler more and so do I. I like natural remedies but I'm glad for this modern medicine.

anyway, off to look for the beaters! wish me luck!
Old 09-19-2012, 02:29 PM   #337
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
Aw Man! I really wanna make some clouds; I wanna make BF's favorite pie for his birthday, but I cannot find the darned hand mixer!!

I know which box I put it into, but i cannot find THAT particular BOX! Funny thing is that I found the hand mixer motor that I was gonna give away as an extra! Now if I can just find the beaters I can get along and make these desserts! Off to look for the box with the beaters.....!

I need to get back on JUDDD, but I think I've caught a cold with all this stress and moving and dust and unfamiliar place. It's making me stressed and hungry and tired and cranky.

I had to use my inhaler cause I felt so grumpy and down and dark and didn't realize that the headache, sore through and hot flashes were masking the tight chest that was keeping me from breathing right and BF warned me not to forget I have it and to use it. It really helps you feel not so doomy and panicked when you can actually BREATHE!

We used to use ephedra tea for BF when he had breathing trouble but it's hard to impossible to find that anymore, so he uses the inhaler more and so do I. I like natural remedies but I'm glad for this modern medicine.

anyway, off to look for the beaters! wish me luck!

Jeez, I know we've discussed making Clouds before, but would you believe, I keep forgetting to make them, and the funny thing is, I KNOW where my beaters are. The Clouds are one of my all time favorites.

I've been sporting a cold all week, which is highly unusual for me.......think I got it from my grandson last week when I was blowing his nose every five minutes. Made sure I washed my hands each time but I guess it wasn't enough.
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:43 AM   #338

Talk about Creepy Timing.

Trying to get all my accounts updated and all, I realize I haven't seen my Citi Mastercard in a while ( took it out of my wallet and put it in a "safe place" since they raised the rate 6% after all those new CC laws) anyway, I tried to login on my online account but it required me to re-register. But I had to have the card and couldn't find it. Besides that I was sure it had expired so I called to get a replacement card...

So they said since I didn't know where the card was they had to treat it like a lost card, even though I lost it in my own house and knew for certain it wasn't in anyone else's possession. They also said the account was closed, but I've been receiving statements so that made no sense. So they shut down the account and said they had to issue a new card number for security reasons. yadda yadda way to long on the phone, and it will take a week just to get it in my P.O. Box. Okay whatever.

That was Friday night.... I just found the card Sunday Afternoon and the darn thing has been expired since 2011, but they never sent me a replacement card for it otherwise I would have HAD a card to use to register online ( Probably cause I wasn't spending money on it, LOL)

I wish I didn't have to get a new account number cause I liked the old number, easy to remember. but oh well. I only checked back in because my newest statement said they had lowered the rate back downfrom 19.99% to 14.99%, my old rate. Big Deal!

But what are the odds of finding the card that's been missing for over a year, less than 48 hours after requesting a new one? that' is creepy creepy timing!

Last edited by metqa; 09-23-2012 at 10:45 AM..
Old 09-23-2012, 10:50 AM   #339

Oh Gawd, I hate moving!! I thought I packed my kitchen in a logical way but I can't find anything. I think some kitchen boxes may have ended up in the bedroom closet, I can't find my skillet, or my blender, I can't make anything, no clouds, I can't cook any meat, I have some pots so I can boil something. Wah!!! Moving stinks!

and I'm up 2 kilos since last week! Waaahhhh!
Old 09-23-2012, 11:54 AM   #340
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yea, that is ironic about the credit card! Coincidence; maybe....but the longer I live the more I realize that there are energies from the Universe that are way beyond our (my) capacity to understand.

Coincidences sometimes feel like a 'slap cross your face' type thing that whavever it is, you'd better pay attention.

You'll find all those kitchen items as soon as you lose interest in making the c/c muffins or any other interesting dish!!!

Don't ya just know it?!?!
Old 09-23-2012, 02:10 PM   #341

hahaha!

It's crazy though, cause Like, I really wanna start eating right, and stuff, really I do, I'm getting sick of eating out and fast meals, andI wanna eat some fat bombs and some ground beef, and oopsie rolls, I actually WANT TO EAT THEM now that I 'CAN'T!

I did find my big and small skillet....after I stole the non-stick from BF house...after suspecting the roommate, who moved out, of taking it cause it was missing for so long... because the other roomie actually washed it and put it away for a change.

I feel better now that I've emptied a couple of more boxes. Now I have a skillet I can cook something appreciable. Once I find my beaters, I'm gonna be in cream cheese dessert heaven. Gonna make some clouds, and some bean brownies and some cheesecake pie...All high fat ratios of course

Now I've got a freezer I can store them long term ( more than 2 days ) so I can make a lot at once and reduce clean up. I want some just like stuffed baked potatoes too. Wait, I don't need beaters for that.... YAY!
Old 09-23-2012, 06:11 PM   #342

Okay So this is funny,

All day long I have this nagging feeling that I'm forgetting something I gotta do on Monday. Not my regular chores, calling places, running errands, taking care of business, but something I told someone I'd do maybe, something helpful for someone else. It's not on my calendar and I can't recall at all what or who it is, except maybe it has to do with my BF or his friends....

So I wait till evening and call my BF and ask him. He's shocked. He says they just decided to help his good friend move his belongings to a storage unit and they were going to ask me for my help, but they had just decided to do it right before I called. In fact they were still discussing it, how they needed to call me to retrieve the handtruck I borrowed. Now they are joking that I have Preternatural Help Radar!
Old 09-23-2012, 06:21 PM   #343
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Preternatural Help Radar!

Wow, I was just in your previous post and then this one pops up!

Shoot, gf........enjoy the irony of it all but make sure you act on all of it!

Soon you'll be cooking with all your kitchen apparel and your tummy will be happy once more.
That 4 will be gone in no time!!
Old 09-23-2012, 06:32 PM   #344

I'm looking for something, software, to help me track my "pantry". I don't have a real pantry, just a bunch of shelves and cabinets where i store my food, but I hope to find some way to have a pantry inventory that also helps me meal plan.

Okay so My idea is this. Part 1 -Storage- It should have record keeping for dry storage, canned goods, Freezer and refrigerated food. Quantities and Date Bought ( with recommended Expiry date)

Part 2 - What I ate/used - I would just type in what I had to eat and it would subtract it from the Pantry list. Of course I could also manually enter that an item is used up. For Daily Use Items,, like shampoo or toothpaste. I could put in an estimator that once I open it then after a certain number of days of daily use that Item would automatically be put on the shopping list. So Shampoo be stay in the pantry list, but when I open a new bottle, I'd note it on the pantry, and it would start the countdown to the shopping list.

Part 3 - Menu Plan - I would enter my favorite recipes, and Based on what is in the pantry, the menu planner would let me know if I have the ingredients to make that recipe. If an ingredient is missing, it would highlight it. If I put it on the menu, then the missing ingredient would go on the shopping list.

Today, I was gonna make some brownies and I have all the ingredients except baking soda. I always have extra baking soda, but I used most of it up during moving as scouring powder! LOL. I knew I needed more but forgot to add it to my list since I was so busy. and even if I make a list...I've lost at least 4-5 different shopping lists and keep forgetting, even though I've been to the store several times. But if I had this software, I'd have a notice that I ran out of baking soda, and I'd have my brownies cooling right now.

I wonder what would be the best software to try to make something like this. maybe that database software? Aw Shucks, I forgot how to use that, it's been over 10 years since I've needed to make a database.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:34 PM   #345

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzie View Post
Preternatural Help Radar!

Wow, I was just in your previous post and then this one pops up!

Shoot, gf........enjoy the irony of it all but make sure you act on all of it!

Soon you'll be cooking with all your kitchen apparel and your tummy will be happy once more.
That 4 will be gone in no time!!
Hey Sazzie, Right on Time!

I ran out of cheese too, so I need to start a pantry list Fast!
Old 09-23-2012, 07:08 PM   #346
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, now you're asking too much of this lowly tech savvy gal!

You seem to be a natural at it though........if you've had the software before, maybe do a doc search on your pc...otherwise a google search may bring something up.

One of the cooking sites also, such as Hungry Girl, Taste of Home may have a program........I know our Publix has a shopping list on line. Used it once, and went right back to pen and paper......lose them all the time when I'm writing at the computer, then bring it in the kitchen, then put it in my handbag in a certain zippered compartment, forget about it, go to the store and forget that I have it with me............and on and on it goes.

Gracie's Journal
Old 09-23-2012, 07:52 PM   #347

I don't think what I want actually exist, so I unless I go back to school for programming....

Okay, I google searched and found one really detailed but it was for STOCKING food for disasters. I want to use up my food, not store MORE!

But you're right there are some online, I'm trying a new one now. I have a Nook, and it's cool because I can't lose it, Well, I'd miss it really quick if I did. And I can put a list on it. but it still doesn't store my pantry,...yet!

I always forget something. It's like winning a contest if I remember everything even with a list because ultimately I've forgotten to put something on the list itself.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:26 PM   #348

Oh My Gosh, it's late.
I think I found one! Recipe Key, Free registration, it lets me pick foods to put in my "pantry" then finds recipes based on what I already have ( not quantity based)

I don't think I can put my own recipes in, I dunno, I'm still checking it out, but it's so Cool so Far. Doesn't look like it has a low carb filter Dietary restrictions are limited to Vegetarian and Vegan. No Anti-bread or Low sugar restriction, but We are resourceful at tweaking recipes for ourselves. This could be fun!

ETA: Oh, no wait, I can add a recipe by contributing to the site. Line by line keeps ingredients separate. Ooh, interesting...

Last edited by metqa; 09-23-2012 at 08:29 PM..
Old 09-23-2012, 08:30 PM   #349
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Great!

It didn't take you that long either! I had faith in you!

Responded to you in the DE thread.......looks like we're on a roll!
Old 09-26-2012, 12:49 PM   #350

Turmeric-
Okay, so I've made my paste and I've drunk my first 1/2 teaspoon in some kefir. I forgot the oil, but next time...

People say it helps with inflammation and pain. I think my tinnitus is inflammation, and i've generally been in low grade ache for a while lately, plus my tooth is giving me intermittent pain as well. Since I can't get through to the free clinic and the other clinic is booked till Next near, I'll have to home remedy.

Cod Liver Oil - I Kept having a nagging feeling that I needed to get cod liver oil, and the K-mart store was closing down with 50% off vitamins, but I kept passing it up thinking I had too many supplements already and I already have vitamin D and A etc. Then the day after the store finally closes I realized I need Cod Liver Oil to help with my tooth pain! I could have had months worth of CLO for cheap! Oh well. I just spent $21 on Barleans Cod Liver Oil and I'm gonna start taking that today. I'm supposed to take that and eat liver and butter from grass fed cows.

Pasture Butter- If you know me, I buy the cheapest I can get away with without sacrificing quality. I buy the store butter on sale in large quantities and make ghee. But since I'm not looking for Vitamins from my butter that doesn't matter. BUT since I'm trying to heal my tooth from whatever ails it, I'm supposed to supplement with butter from cows that eat fast growing grass ( spring grass) i found a butter that says it's only produced from May-November from cows that eat grass. It cost $4 for 1/2 lb. It should have CLA content also.

Liver- Okay, so I'm gonna try to eat some liver raw and see how that goes. Nope, it's NOT organic or pasture or any of that, it's just beef liver from Kroger but I have it , was gonna feed it to the cat but I'm sure he won't mind if I share it. I'll switch to calves liver after it's gone.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:26 PM   #351
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Girl, did I read that right?!?!? Raw liver!!!!???

Now, I love liver smothered in onions and it's one of our staples here, but the thought of trying to chew it raw seems...eh, I don't have a word!
You must have extra strong teeth if indeed I am reading this right!

I see you are boning up on your supps and that's always a good thing.

I have been on a great schedule with mine......was a bit hit and miss for awhile after reaching maintenance with JUDDD......don't know why...except maybe I got a little c****y and thought I didn't need them any longer.

I'm taking a gulpful of chlorophyll each day also. Giving the 30 mg. capsule to Shaka for her breath. It's working well.......
Old 09-26-2012, 01:36 PM   #352

Well, I assumed it would be easier to chew since it'd be raw. Now I've had some really tough over-cooked liver before, and some really melt in your mouth gently cooked liver, and I figured the Chewiness to cooked ratio just continued to move backwards together!

Plus it wouldn't be as much as having dinner....Mmmm Liver and onions, more like 200g/7 days or around an ounce or so? 28g. A gulp.

I saw online that Japan is banning raw liver because some people got sick at a restaurant, and I thought " But they still sell Fugu which they KNOW will kill you!" But I think they serve it with sea salt and sesame oil, so I might try to marinate it and eat it like sashimi. I've seen people marinate it in lemon, but they say the lemon gives it a cooked tastes which makes it weird association since it's not actually cooked.

I've got a closet full of unused supps I bought. I should start taking them now. Lot's of anti inflammatory stuff, I bought for others who didn't really want to take them. some I got just in case, etc. But I hate pills, which is why raw liver and turmeric milk seem less horrible to me than taking a dozen pills.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:01 PM   #353
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes on the overcooked liver......nothing worse.

I only bought calves liver in the past and it was so good. Dh has taken on a lot of the cooking now, and he butterflies the filets so thin and cooks them to a 'T'. Secret in cooking liver is not to overcook it, especially if it's thin.

Get to using those supps in the cupboard, and I betcha in a week or so, your inflammation will be lessened.

I'm using Pterstilbene and I'm amazed at how it curbs my appetite.

I'm doing a DD today and I wasn't hungry at all but I know I needed to eat because I was out running errands this morning, and by the time I got back, I was feeling a bit shaky.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:12 PM   #354

That's the second time today I've seen someone post about Pterstilbene. What an interesting coincidence~!

Well I just ate some raw liver. It tasted like, well liver. it was cold instead of hot and soft instead of sturdy, but there was not much difference in taste as if I had lightly cooked it with no seasoning. It wasn't hard to chew if you don't consider my tooth aches and so I couldn't really chew it well, so I kinda had to just swallow it after a few chews. I just took a slice, cut it into 6ths, and ate one and froze the others for the rest of the week. If I find my sesame oil, I'll marinate them.

Yeah, after dinner I'm gonna go raid the closet and see what I have. I'm sure I have a couple bottles of Holy Basil for sure!
Old 09-26-2012, 07:29 PM   #355

Fish high in DHA and EPA omega-3 fatty acids include anchovies, bluefish, herring, mackerel, salmon (wild has more omega-3s than farmed), sardines, sturgeon, lake trout, and tuna. Many experts recommend eating these fish two to three times a week.

Eat More Fish!
Old 09-27-2012, 05:45 AM   #356
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
That's the second time today I've seen someone post about Pterstilbene. What an interesting coincidence~!

Well I just ate some raw liver. It tasted like, well liver. it was cold instead of hot and soft instead of sturdy, but there was not much difference in taste as if I had lightly cooked it with no seasoning. It wasn't hard to chew if you don't consider my tooth aches and so I couldn't really chew it well, so I kinda had to just swallow it after a few chews. I just took a slice, cut it into 6ths, and ate one and froze the others for the rest of the week. If I find my sesame oil, I'll marinate them.

Yeah, after dinner I'm gonna go raid the closet and see what I have. I'm sure I have a couple bottles of Holy Basil for sure!
Ah, another coincidence!
I imagine that since we've brought the subject of coincidences to our attention that we'll probably see a lot more of them.
Kudos to you on eating or swallowing that liver!
There have been times when I didn't take my supps, and when I start the routine again, I find unopened bottles of stuff I'd forgotten about........what a waste if I didn't use them!!

Quote:
Fish high in DHA and EPA omega-3 fatty acids include anchovies, bluefish, herring, mackerel, salmon (wild has more omega-3s than farmed), sardines, sturgeon, lake trout, and tuna. Many experts recommend eating these fish two to three times a week.

Eat More Fish!
I have a large salad just about every day with Pompeiaan olive oil, red wine vinegar and anchovies. I did cut out the anchovies for awhile because of the sodium content.
Sardines are great out of the can, especially w/olive oil and red sauce. A staple I always have in my pantry.
Salmon is also a staple for dh and I.......he doesn't eat tuna like I do though. I love it, but then again, I love just about every food out there except red beets........
Old 09-27-2012, 02:22 PM   #357

That salad sounds delicious. I love canned fish, particularly the bolded ones and I love sashimi and fresh fish.

I found the Holy basil but forgot to take it yesterday. I tried to give some to BF and he said "I had basil on my pizza, I don't need that."

I'm making a list to post in the kitchen:
Bone Broth
Cod Liver Oil
Turmeric
Grass Fed Butter
Calf/duck/goose liver

This is my Daily Healing Foods list, I'm gonna try to get as many of these in me daily as possible. Today I'm home late so I'm just now taking my Golden Kefir, and a teaspoon of Barlean's Cod Liver Oil.

I refroze my liver pieces, bad idea. Not only are they completely solid so I can't chew or swallow it but my new(old) freezer is frost free and the surface has already got some burn. So next time I'll just keep it in the fridge.

I want to start a continuous crock for daily bone broth, and just drink it like a consumme with dinner.

and I want to restart my water kefir and my kombucha as well as my fruit juice spiking ( not health drink but light alcoholic beverage).

I went back to the HFS and saw they had Pterostilbene, for $27. I'll wait on that. but I chatted with a worker about how it compares to reservratrol (sp). Then I found a jar of ghee from pasture fed butter. It cost $9.99 for 368g. The pasture butter was $3.99for 227g. Since it would take me more than twice that amount of butter to make that much ghee, it seemed it would be better to use the ghee since the ghee is already concentrated, the water removed from the volume. Anyway, I don't know what I'm supposed to do with the Organic pasture ghee. eat it off a spoon like the cod liver oil?

I found my beaters, YAY!!! I'm gonna make some clouds. ...
Okay, I know this is a stupid idea, but since my Cod Liver Oil is lemon flavor, what if I made a mini batch of lemon flavored clouds and blend the cod liver oil in so each time I eat a cloud I'm eating a my daily dose of Cod Liver Oil? hahaha I know that's silly, but I hate taking out a spoon just for one dose of something.

I'm enjoying my golden kefir right now. Yummy!
Old 09-27-2012, 04:52 PM   #358
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I bought my Pterstilbene from Netrition for $15.99.

I think Netrition is very reasonable for a 2 month supply!

HFS is always going to be more expensive. When I was on HHCG, I ran out of Natural Calm so went to my HFS, and saw that it was 2x the price of Netrition. Couldn't believe it. Haven't been back since.

Why not try double wrapping your liver to avoid freezer burn!

Do you know I have yet to make Clouds? I have all the ingredients, and just can't figure out why I haven't made them yet......maybe because I know I'll eat every last one at one sitting.

No, that's not a crazy idea at all! Lemon flavored CLO sounds like a wonderful idea and I betcha it turns out awesome.........hey, a new Metqa original.
I actually can't wait till you let me know how that goes!!!

Bone broth.....I've never made it......yea, I know.......I know how wonderful it is from all the accounts here at LCF, but there are just some things I never get to for one reason or another.

Your bf's comment about the basil is a riot!!!
Old 09-28-2012, 05:52 AM   #359

Wow, I went to Netrition and that's the exact same product I saw, for much less. Yes, Netrition rocks the price war!

Y'know, I love clouds YET I still have a hard time making my self just do it and make them. REally once I put them in the freezer it's easy to slow down eating them cause you have to let it melt in your mouth. You can't just pop 'em frozen you have to savor it! LOL.

Y'know about the liver, i probably shouldn't have refrozen it. It comes frozen already and I have to thaw it even to just cut it up. I should just keep the thawed pieces in the fridge maybe covered in oil and salt, so it's easy to just gobble up. I made the mistake of trying to cover it with coconut oil, which promptly turned solid!

Oh and I couldn' find ANY bones at the supermarket. I guess I'd better go shop the ethnic stores.

Last edited by metqa; 09-28-2012 at 06:31 AM..
Old 09-28-2012, 06:30 AM   #360

Y'know I don't usually have a problem eating anything ( gag reflex) but I find it interesting that the fact that other people find liver gagalicious makes me almost have a reaction even though I know it's not awful. Just thoughts can make the body react. I need to get my body to understand strongly that the raw liver is good for me so that I never have a false gag reaction.

As far as chewing. It's almost pointless. It's so soft anyway and chewing doesn't make it smaller and easier to swallow like meat, it' just mushes it around in my mouth, and since it's held together so well I can't swallow just part of it easily so I might as well just swallow the whole thing. Though I don't mind the taste. I'll have to cut smaller pieces if I'm going to enjoy chewing it.

Anyway:

I got everything in this morning except the bone broth.

Turmeric in my Kefir, with Lemon Cod Liver Oil Added
Raw Liver with salt and coconut oil
a teaspoon of organic pastured cow milk ghee, from a spoon, Ghee is so delicious! I'm still licking my lips from tasting the ghee!

Sigh!
I've got so much to do. I've found a bunch of job openings, but they are not education, so I've gotta change my resume to reflect their needs, but I'm also supposed to go trim the bushes for a friend. I said Thursday or Friday, but I need to put out these Applications so I might put off the bushes till this afternoon or Saturday Morning Instead.

Meanwhile I need to find some BONES!