Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2012, 12:35 PM   #301
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/137.7/125; 5'1"
WOE: HCG Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 07/2014
Well How a bout that. Stevia in the Raw is a blended product. I thought they used Xylitol with it. There is a product my friend has that is Stevia and Xylitol. I'll ask him about it next time I see.

It's only 99 degrees today. We let the kitty out but around Noon, we gave him water to drink and he decided to come back inside for a nap. I feel safer having him inside in this heat wave. Reflexes dull in the heat and we ( and animals ) do stupid things.

No more window peekers for now!

I called my agent with an ultimatum, I was gonna pull out of the contract if they did not respond by today or tomorrow morning. My Mom graciously paid for the inspection, but even she agreed that they were not responding timely. But luckily for the seller and her agent, they went ahead and signed the amendments. It doesn't do to make me nervous cause I will quit before making a nervous agreement. if I'm not certain, I don't do it. So ...things are moving forward again. I DO like this house but I won't be abused. She wouldn't negotiate on the asking price so she should be flexible about fixing and doing stuff the seller is at least expected to do. Anyway, angsty fervor over, I can get back to trying to be happy about all this house buying nonsense!

Class starts tonight. 2 hours of airconditioning and bored students. Yay back to normal and cool air! Aaaaah!
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898
metqa is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2012, 05:44 PM   #302

It's funny how nervous people get for me when I tell them I'm fasting.

Yesterday I had a nice dinner of Dreamfield past and tomato meat sauce.

This morning, I got up and did a bit of weight exercises, nothing severe, and drank water cause I recall that I want to use up the sugar in my muscles to make them burn fat. after a few hours of mild hunger pangs that went away after drinking water, I find myself entering the evening hours and still having not eaten.

I told my mom and she said I would pass out and should take a snack with me. I told my neighbor and he said I should eat banana or some rice cause it was dangerous. Riiiiiight. Not eating for 24 hours is dangerous. Now I feel like I want to continue to fast just to do it. but I am starting to feel a bit of real hunger so I might have a snack of meat and veggies. Or maybe some kefir.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:45 PM   #303

Question:

What kind of meal could you buy from the supermarket with only $2 and tax?

Neighbor bummed a dollar off of me so he could use a coupon at the chicken restarurant for $1.99 for a leg, thigh, side of potato and biscuit. I wondered if he could get that much food from the supermarket with only that much money.

Probably not.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:08 AM   #304

Yesterday was a "normal" eating day. felt a bit hungrier than usual but I'm thinking the heat's been doing that to me. All last week I felt ravenous, but the day I fasted and kept drinking water instead, I felt less hungry. I think i was mildly dehydrated even though I was drinking water and beverages regularly.

Today I'm gonna see how long I can fast from waking, though I actually feel headachy and hungry which is different from feeling just hungry. If I cave I might just have some kefir since that kills appetite while providing some nutrition that's light and not nap inducing.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting to hear from bank, finally got my inspections completed. It's the wait and see game. i hate cleaning up but Id better start just in case I buy a house.

Noticed, unfortunately that there are lots of empty units in my apartment, so It may be hard to get someone to assign my lease to if they are going to the office first. But I could offer cheaper rent, but my house will have been lived in. I think I might get the maintenance to service my unit as I'm moving out, to do the things like painting wall, fixing the leak in the sink and pest control, etc. , I think I'd get the floor super cleaned as well, so it will be a bonus to the assignee to get cheaper rent and a clean looking place. Why dont I clean up like this for myself....
Old 07-11-2012, 10:35 AM   #305

Okay so I found this potentially useful and cool site called swole.me it's an automatic meal planner randomizer.

you put in your calories you want, the number of meals, and you can even choose a type of plan like Paleo, Atkins, Vegetarian etc. and it randomizes meals for you within those presets.

It seems neat, I've been playing with it for a few minutes and like it so far.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:29 PM   #306
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
I think everyone could ask the same Q. about the clean-up.

That site sounds cool. I am going to check it out. Thanks Metqa (((((((hugs)))))))

If we lived close I would come help you get ready for the move :-)
I have a sister that lives close to you.......
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:36 PM   #307
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: marylouise
Stats: 300 / 154.8 / 150-5'3"- 61 YR.
WOE: 72` DADR with the List!
Start Date: March 1, 2011
New cool site. I thought it funny he said free for now. :-)
Everyone is trying to figure out how to make money on the web......cool idea....
marylouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:20 AM   #308

Oh, it's so hard not to feed the trolls!!!

They are so hungry for attention, and I really want to help them understand but I have to realize that they aren't hungry for knowledge but for the human flesh, for the hand that feeds them.

They cry so loudly, their longing eyes gaze up at you, their posts "ask" for more details, they "seem" to misunderstand. You just want to grab 'em up and hug 'em and give them love and knowledge and understanding.... But they are just waiting to get close enough to bite your face and chew on your fingers.

No matter how cute they are, no matter how hard they cry, no matter how they hunger!
Remember, For your safety and peace of mind...

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

LOL

* Note to myself NOT to reply to a deliberate attempt at trolling by someone purposely mis-stating something I posted in order to "out" me and generate negative attention in association with my name because she disagrees with my position instead of arguing the point like mature person.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:36 PM   #309

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylouise View Post
New cool site. I thought it funny he said free for now. :-)
Everyone is trying to figure out how to make money on the web......cool idea....
Yeah, isn't it neat. It confused me at first since there seemed to be a static list to draw from, but that is just suggestion and if you do a search in the bar above you can choose any food from the list. only thing I didn't like so far was that the choice for eggs only included extra large and jumbo. I know no one who buys those sizes and most recipes I see call for only Large. Small matter it seems bit on a low cal diet, a few calories can add up.

Anyway, She might have to do something like ****** and offer free with ads, or a small fee membership. It's neat that, unlike ******, it's a randomizer, but not very smart, it gave me the same food for all three meals and once it gave me nothing but olive oil for one meal!
Old 07-13-2012, 07:32 PM   #310

I stumbled upon this news site called Care2 where you can get newsletters, and customize the content to the issues that you care about. It's cool!
Old 07-17-2012, 07:15 AM   #311

Yesterday I wore some stretch skinny jeans that are medium hip height. It looked good on me. I just bought some oversized pants and jeans on clearance. I usually buy boys pants cause they don't cinch in in the crotch or narrow down at the legs. just straight cut. I buy husky to have lots of room in the crotch, more comfortable when you have to be at work for hours, or working outside and moving a lot.

I don't care about size numbers but was a bit concerned when I realized the one size up was more comfy. I still fit my old size in new pants but not my old pants which I am convince have shrunk with washings. Y'know, like I have a two pair of pants bought at the same time, the ones I've worn many time feel tight but the other pair I've never worn fit fine when I tried them on the first time after all this time.

So blame it on shrinkage, but I still need to do some shrinking myself!

Had a little scare yesterday thinking that the bank misrepresented my income, but I was told it was fixed and my application should be sent to the underwriters. I'm hopefully getting closer to buying and living in this duplex! It will be a trial at first since ti costs money to move and to transfer services and my bills will go up I'm sure for the first while, but the financial benefit in the long run should materialize shortly after.

I still don't know how much the management company is charging to manage the tenants unit, but I won't be getting full rent from that immediately but that might be fine since I'll be so busy trying to get myself in order, moved in and situated, I might appreciate not having to manage the tenant property for the first year, even if it cost some money up front. Since I'd own the place I'd be responsible for EVERYTHING that broke and I won't have built up any maintenance money at all yet.

Sleepy! 9 hours of sleep over the past two days is not enough....
Old 07-21-2012, 02:02 PM   #312

Oh no, my fat is sliding down to my ankles!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Underwriting, underwriting, underwriting. Looks like I won't be closing this month.
House is a wreck, house is a wreck, house is a wreck, Too much Stuff in the wrong place.

Haiku and poetry are not strong points for me! hee hee
Old 08-01-2012, 06:41 PM   #313

Hahaha, Don't know if this is real or joke

No way I'm using Dreamfields Pasta to do macaroni art, it's too expensive!
Old 08-10-2012, 10:49 AM   #314
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: wonderwoman12
HEY THERE ^_^

hi there..can u help me with some weight loss stuff im new and dont know how to private message people..
wonderwoman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:48 PM   #315

Sure, What do you wanna talk about?
Old 08-11-2012, 06:36 AM   #316
Junior LCF Member

how can you help me calculate my protein intake...how can i private message u for further details lol u seem to know alot bout this stuff? and i can tell u more.. or i can email u or something..
Old 08-11-2012, 06:51 AM   #317

Well, we cannot use Private message until you have at least 20 posts, so go out and put your thoughts out in threads that look interesting to you. I'd love to give you my e-mail but we need Private messages cause I won't post it public.

But I'll help you figure out protein.

Some things you need to know.

Your current weight
Your current body measurements
Your current lean body mass

Find a Lean body mass website, Like Full Body Analysis at bizcalcs.com or similar, that asks for measurements of your wrist, elbow, arm, neck, knees, etc, You put in that information from all over body measures, along with your age, height and weight. It will give you an estimate of how much muscle your body weight is.

Then based on that percentage, you calculate how much protein per pound of muscle, based on your activity and diet, and that will be your minimum protein needs. That means that's he least amount of protein you need to be safe and healthy with muscles not damaged or losing mass.

Last edited by metqa; 08-11-2012 at 06:56 AM..
Old 08-13-2012, 06:45 AM   #318
Junior LCF Member

i dont have a measure thingy on me...i know im 5'7...174...and i workout 4-5 days a week..weekends are my days off and i usually eat like candy and stuff then..or shouldnt i be doing that? i mean its been one week since i have been serious about my diet and i havent lost anything yet..over the weekend i ate thin crust pizza, smores, gummy worms, and reese pieces..and didnt work out..would this contribute to it...idk im just getting sad and depressed bc i wanna lose weight...
Old 08-14-2012, 01:58 PM   #319

Wonderwoman, Are you following any particular plan? What do you do during the week?
Does your diet have a name or are you winging it?

Tell me what you are actually doing so we can work it out together.
Is it Low Carb? JUDDD? South Beach?( don't know much about that one)
Having a day off might not be bad if it's part of your plan.
Old 08-14-2012, 02:05 PM   #320

Hey Everybody, Good News and Bad news.

Tuesday, A kid hit my car.
Wednesday, I signed the papers and got the mortgage for my duplex.
Wednesday, found out my new tenant hasn't paid rent yet for the month.
Friday, I called in the claim on the kid's insurance.
Saturday, my car stopped in the middle of a turning lane.
Sunday My new tenant complains the freezer is not keeping her ice cream cold enough.(rolleyes)
Monday, I took the car to the shop and paid for a new distributor $500
Monday Night, Dad of Kid who hit my car tries to low ball me a cash amount to not report to the insurance.
Tuesday Morning, called insurance to come look at car and and give a quote.
Tuesday Afternoon, found out my Teaching job is being threatened by Budget Spending cuts.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:34 AM   #321
Junior LCF Member

no certain plan..im doin my own thing by cutting back and having 2 days off of working out since i go hard..and i eat alittle bad on those two days..and i have been eating alot of protein..i don't know how much...to eat though..
Old 08-15-2012, 07:35 AM   #322
Junior LCF Member

wow...that is some **** u had to go through....im sorry to hear that... people blow these days..
Old 08-15-2012, 10:41 AM   #323

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderwoman12 View Post
no certain plan..im doin my own thing by cutting back and having 2 days off of working out since i go hard..and i eat alittle bad on those two days..and i have been eating alot of protein..i don't know how much...to eat though..
Okay, Own plans are good, but you need to have some guidelines to follow. Cutting back is a very generic term to me, I don't know what that means. Your plan should have some guidelines that you follow and that you know you are on plan and when you deviate.
What are you cutting back on?
cutting back on Calories? how many?
Cutting back on Fat? How much?
Cutting back on Carbs? How much?

How much is a "alot" of protein? 2 chicken breasts a day? half a pound of beef? 3 salmon filets? 6 slices of bacon.

What does your menu plan look like and what does your actual menu look like in comparison?

What are your free day allowances? Are they a certain number of calories you allow freely, or just eat till satisfaction?

If you want to have weight loss you must cause some kind of deficit of energy. Calories, Fat or Carbs. Which one have you chosen?

About exercise. If you want to have maximum effect for fat burning during and after exercise, you will want to avoid eating anything sugary or carby before, during or after exercise for at least a few hours. Once your body burns off all the quick energy it will start burning some fat. If you eat a sugary snack after that exercise it instantly shuts down any further fat burning. So if you are hungry after a workout and you just have to eat something, make it a meat or fatty snack with little to no carbs. water veggies like salad, cucumbers, summer veggies are good too, that way you will not get an insulin rise that negates all your hard work.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:44 PM   #324

Wednesday Evening.
I drove this morning so I was up at 4:15 am. I had nightmares that a secret group was secretly recording my life time, and would try to blackmail be by rewinding my time and using up my life having to relive it. fitful sleep and Bean kept nosing me with his wet little nose. Sleepy Kitty.

Anyway, I was pretty depressed all morning thinking of all the stuff that has gone wrong to dampen the joy of having bought a home. but I put on a cheerful face for the lab girl, and came home and made some phone calls and by the time BF woke up, I was in a much better place.

I got another person interested in the apartment. the friend of the first girl I mentioned it to. Since the young man called first, I told her someone was already interested but that she's welcome to come and look at it anyway in case the young man doesn't want to take it. But really he has first choice of refusal, I honestly don't care which of them wants it, so long as they pass the application process and sign the lease saying they want in and let me out, I'm cool.

I need to clean and declutter and transport more stuff from the Apt to the Duplex, but they know I'm still moving and the place won't be perfect, but I can show them the empty unit next door if they wanna see what it looks like completely empty.

So that might be good new. I'm a pessimist/realist so I try not to celebrate a victory before it happens, but I'm glad things are moving in the right direction for the lease-victory. Now if only my duplex tenant would pay the rest of her rent for August, I'd be in a much better place financially.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:43 AM   #325

I got a call back from the new Director and she told me they are cutting both my ESL and My GED class, so I've basically been cut out completely. That was my primary income, the income the mortgage company used as my primary and they decided to announce this just two weeks before classes were supposed to start. Oh well, I guess I'm okay, the bank can't take back the house,since I didn't know they were gonna do this, It's funny, they were were concerned about my other job asking if it were long term, and I guess we all just assumed the job I'd had for 10 years was regular. Well, I bought the house based on minimum numbers, so I know I could afford it even if things went wrong, but I didn't expect everything to go wrong less than a week after buying it, Y'know? Even if I'd lost the job 6 months from now, I'd have had a large amount of savings from having bought and rented the duplex that long. As it is, I start out in the hole, cause I expected to be employed and now I'm not! As long as I pay the mortgage they shouldn't care. but Danggggg! What a mess!

It seems there were state budget cuts. they want us to have better student attendance and progress so they cut our funding so we have to cancel classes which means fewer students can come. Yeah, that makes A LOT of sense!
Old 08-17-2012, 11:30 AM   #326

Happy Friday.
BF make the observation that with all this stuff going on, I haven't been bored in weeks!

Got an estimate on my car. The adjuster overestimated the value of my Honda, it's old and beat up , so they lowered the amount that they could give me for repairs. I might be able to fix it up with that amount if I take it to a local out of the way body shop, but not the big certified ones, and only if they can find a specific part used or off market. Oh well.
Cleaning up and waiting for two prospects to come decide if they want to rent my place from under my lease. My back room is the worst cause it's 3 rooms in one: My craft, My Paper( class and craft) and my "office"=a desk covered with everything, plus random stuff everywhere. The living room and kitchen looks fine, lived in and like someone is moving out, but not awful. I've been tossing everything in boxes to put into my car and putting the empty boxes for the rest of the house in the closet to clear up space.

I hope at least one of them wants it and that that person qualifies in the application process.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:06 PM   #327

I love my Boyfriend. He's pretty much the only one I can talk to these days....
Old 08-20-2012, 08:39 AM   #328

Yay, two things done! I called the water company and put in a termination date, and I called the phone company and put in a transfer date. I should get 75% of my water deposit back , but I have to pay a transfer fee for the phone, but good news, when the internet service was transfered, I was told that it renewed the promotional price so I'll get the discounted internet service for another year. ( It was supposed to end next month! )

The Lady and Child put in an application for credit check but it will take a few hours. Phooey! But She'll call me later with hopefully good news. if it's good news, then I'll call the young man to go put in an application himself for another empty apartment here. I'll also ask if there is a referral bonus if I send someone and they get an apartment.

Bad news, the lady I need to talk to about doing the ESL class called in sick today. I hope she is well soon and that she gets my email soon. I'm supposed to start class this week and hopefully everyone who shows up won't show up to a dark building cause they won't let me in.

Let's see, Let's see...What to do...what to do...?

Oh, yeah, even though I will pay money for rent for September, my mortgage payment doesn't start till October. So while I don't save any money, I won't have to pay double rent if this works out.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:47 AM   #329

More Good news, sorta. Insurance company called and will be mailing a check for the damage done to my car. the policy holder decided not to pay out of pocket which is just fine by me, cause I really don't want to have to meet him again. He was a pleasant person but being a court judge , it felt uncomfortable especially since he wanted me to help him not file a claim by taking a lower amount. That seems a bit like coercion to me, but It should be fine so long as I'm never in Supreme Court. LOL.

The almost good news part is that because my car is so beat up ( from people and trees crashing into it all the time) they couldn't give me the full quoted value for all the repairs, so the amount won't cover the repairs, so I'll have to spend time shopping around and hopefully find someone who can do it for much less, but the insurance guy thought it could be done.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:12 AM   #330

Gotta get Busy, Gotta move in Before Next Week. My new kitchen is SMALLER, Wah! Well the kitchen floor space is more, but Ihave less counter space because of the placement of the stove in the middle, and less cabinet space because of the dishwasher, but Yay for a dishwasher , I think?

Need Dishwasher tips. this thing is kinda old, and it left residue on stuff the 1st and 2nd time I ran it. I ran it empty with a cup of vinegar, then I ran it empty with another cup of vinegar, I fished out some floating debris, and I rant it empty with a Tablespoon of TSP. I then ran a load of dishes with one of those powder soap packets, some vinegar in the rinse aid cup and a teaspoon of TSP. I haven't been back to check the dishes but I have my fingers crossed.

My BF is back on work schedule SO I've lost his help for the rest of the week. I'm gonna be LONELY!