Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2011, 11:27 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Filly
Stats: 5'2
Start Date: 12/19/2012
Filly's Small Steps to Success

Keeping a journal seems fun so I think I'll give a go.

Being pregnant right now I don't have many goals for weight loss. I'm just keeping my carbs around 100g per day and doing my best to eat whole foods. I can't say that I don't give in to some no-no items but overall I'm doing well.

I do need to set some goals for fitness. I abhor exercise. As much as I admire six packs and thighs that don't touch (neither of which I have ever experienced) I will not spend one hour per day exercising to get it. But I realize how important movement is for overall health, muscles, and bones. Sooooooooo, here I go with my fitness challenge

My challenge is to walk on my treadmill for 15 mins everyday and to do planks everyday. I read that planks are a great abs exercise for pregnancy. Right now I'm able to walk 15 mins at 2.1 speed (half a mile) and I can hold a plank for 15 seconds without dying. So, I'll stick with that for a while until I feel like doing more. Does that seem like a good start to you?

I want to say that I will start tomorrow but really I can start today. I just need to leave the computer and put on some sneakers. Somehow it is easier to type that than actually do it

But I will do it.

Please stop in a say hello or add some advice.

Last edited by Filly; 09-26-2011 at 11:34 AM..
Filly is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2011, 11:34 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: piratewoman
Stats: 239.8/157.2/? 5'6 age:56 20W then-6 misses now
WOE: Atkins- very low carb
Start Date: August 2010
Hi Filly first of all to LCF's, second congrats on your pregnancy.

I have no advice to offer you on exercising while pregnant, mine are long grown.

When is your baby due? Again welcome and congrats.
piratewoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:41 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Hello Piratewoman,

Thanks for stopping by. I'm due in early Feb. We are having a boy.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:46 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

My daughter is due in Dec, she is also having a boy.. this will be her 4th child. They are naming him Zander William, have y'all decided on a name yet.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:57 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Military~Mamma
Stats: 235 / 238 (27wks pregnant!) / 175
WOE: LC'ing MY way :o)
Start Date: Oct 3rd (not a first timer)
Hey Filly - stopping in as promised! I liked your post :O) You can do it - we can hold each other accountable - preggopotamuses and all - hehe My goal is to get moving too - 30 mins of walking a day.. nothing hard and strenuous - just to get my body moving. I love your idea of doing planks. Being in the military, I certainly know my way around a plank so I think starting out at 15 seconds is great idea and I think I shall do it too!

So you're having a boy and due in Feb? That's wonderful! I think that's a great time to have a baby! :O)

I'm due Dec 25th *nice due date, huh? lol* and we're adding a girl to our already 2 girl and 1 boy home - my dh and ds are scared! lol

I'm off the computer for the night - have a great night and get on that treadmill! )

PS *threadjack! lol* - Hi Laura - congrats to your daughter! When in Dec is she due? (LOVE the name!)
Military~Mamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:09 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for dropping by MiltaryMamma. 30 minutes is great start! l'll have to work my way up to that. Let me know how the planks go! I think I'll add one second to my plank time each week.

Yes, Feb is a good time to have a baby. I can't wait to meet him. He's moving around a lot now. He's not shy about his exercise

Piratewoman, I like the name Daniel but my husband doesn't

Last edited by Filly; 09-27-2011 at 03:11 AM..
Old 09-27-2011, 03:28 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Good Morning Filly, I like the name Daniel too. Try to keep him liking exercise, it will make it easier when he gets older.

MiltaryMamma, my daughter is due Dec 14, which is great. I have a sister who's birthday is the 15th and one who's is the 16th.

Have a great day both of you.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:45 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Daily Check-in

I did do my 15 min walk yesterday and my planks.
I plan to do the same today.

I decided about a month ago that this is a great time to work on building habits. Since I don't have to focus on weight loss right now I can focus on staying true to low-carb principles: no refined grains, no sugar, adequate proteins, no fake foods, low-sugar fruits, veggies, moderate whole grains, whole high nutrient starches (sw. potatoes), etc. I have had some slips but overall it's been good and I've learned not to get upset about the slips.

Another habit I'm working on is eating when I am hungry and not when I'm bored or upset. Some days that means 3 meals and some days that means adding a snack. But mindless munching should never be a part of my day. I've been doing very well with this one. It's nice to feel the sensation of hunger and to be in control of my eating routine instead of food and/or my emotions being in control of me.

I don't even get on the scale until I go for my OB exams. There is a certain freedom to not having to weigh every few days. In fact I like this freedom so much that after the baby I may even forget about weekly weighing and just mind how my clothes fit. Maybe I'll just measure a few body parts. Well that's all for the future.

Stop in and say hello if you would like to. Advice and encouragement is always welcome

Last edited by Filly; 09-27-2011 at 06:53 AM..
Old 09-27-2011, 04:21 PM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filly View Post
Another habit I'm working on is eating when I am hungry and not when I'm bored or upset. Some days that means 3 meals and some days that means adding a snack. But mindless munching should never be a part of my day. I've been doing very well with this one. It's nice to feel the sensation of hunger and to be in control of my eating routine instead of food and/or my emotions being in control of me.
That's something that I have to work on too - wow we are so alike!!
Keep up the great work! You should be proud of yourself - doing LC'ing is one thing, but being pregnant too with all the cravings - wonderful!!
Old 09-27-2011, 07:38 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Thanks MilitaryMama.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:39 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Daily Check In for Tue 9/27
I did complete my 15 min walk and my 15 sec planks

Things are going great! I feel good!
Old 09-28-2011, 03:32 PM   #12
Junior LCF Member

woohooo!!! great job girlie! shoot! I keep forgetting to do the planks with you! I'm pooped from today's walk - I'll do 'er with you tomorrow!!
Old 09-29-2011, 02:00 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Daily Check-In: 9/28 completed walk and planks

9/29 had a sleepless night and a busy morning. Didn't exercise
Old 12-19-2012, 06:32 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

It's been over one year since I posted to my journal. I have given birth and my baby is almost 11 months old! I did very well with my weight after giving birth. I dropped back down to my pre-pregnancy weight (165). Unfortunately I have struggled to move any more weight because I just haven't been eating wisely. I have been snacking and munching and eating everything. I am still nursing so I think that has increased my appetite but that is no excuse for the types of foods I have been eating.

I am ready to get serious. I have decided to give intermittent fasting a go. I have toyed with it off and on. I have had some very successful days and some failed days.

This is my plan:

2 meals a day: breakfast and lunch (before 4 pm)

I can't bring my self to count/track carb grams yet. I hoping that I will be successful with IF and it will not become necessary.

I already do a weight-resistance routine 3 days per week
I want to incorporate 20-30 mins of walking 2-3 days per week.

My first goal is to reach 145 pounds.

Last edited by Filly; 12-19-2012 at 06:47 AM..