Old 09-21-2011, 07:44 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Texas Lady
WOE: Atkin's Ongoing Weight Loss
Start Date: 7/28/2013
Linda's Journal

40.26 BMI
Severe Overweight.
How do I not see this when I look in the mirror anymore? I've accepted that I'm fat and getting pretty old and have been pretty happy with it until I realized just how unhealthy being this size is and has been for me. My joints are hurting, my knee and ankle swell and hurt when I work, I tire easy, I can't cross my legs at all anymore and I have to pull my feet towards me by my pant legs to put on my shoes. Why have I not noticed that I am as big as a football player? Everything I do is harder than it needs to be because I'm carrying around 100lb weights with me 24/7.
Texas Lady is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2011, 08:09 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Everytime I've even thought of going back to low carb I would overeat a carby thing. I ruined it by trying to lose more and more faster and faster after losing 60lbs already. When I was supposed to be adding things in and learning how to eat for life I was instead, getting stricter and stricter, cutting out more and more, even cutting fats in the end before giving in totally due to severe deprivation. I lost most of the weight doing Atkins and enjoying it, but once it became a race to lose weight fast, it became dull, boring and emotionally draining. I've never fully recovered from it and that is how I got so big again. Ive been reading all my books again, reading posts both here and at another lowcarb site trying to get the motivation but I'm too scared. Terrified of losing, only to gain it all back again, and go through all that pain all over again. How in the world am I gonna get started again?

Last edited by Texas Lady; 09-21-2011 at 08:11 PM..
Old 09-23-2011, 04:51 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Okay. Time to get a grip. I know that I have blood sugar issues, which cause me to be food obsessed when I don't keep it stable. I also eat for emotional reasons. My emotions are more stable when my blood sugar is stable. I bet my joints would feel better too if I just stablized my blood sugar and learn how to keep it there.

This isn't even really as much about weightloss as it is health and fitness and feeling good. Being able to keep working, moving, living life to the fullest. I believe I'd be missing out greatly if I don't change my lifestyle now while there's still time.

When I got off work today my left foot was so swollen I could hardly walk. My right shoulder hurts really bad too. I'm really sore all over. Been drinking sodas the last couple of days and I think they are hurting me physically.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:36 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

I've decided to start low carbing October 1st. I have to work some really long days up until then and think it would be better to wait.

I'm so ready to feel better both physically and mentally.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:36 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Filly
Stats: 5'2
Start Date: 12/19/2012
I don't really know you but I read your journal post and I just wanted to encourage you. It's hard to take the first steps of commitment especially after having had a yo-yo experience.

Take it one minute at a time. Maybe even just set one goal at first like no sugar. Commit to that for a while and then add another. Some people work better that way.

Whatever approach you try I wish you the best.
Filly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:05 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: monica2011
Start Date: September 2011
Hey there Texas Lady Im new to LC but I like you know I hve to do something about my weight/unhealty lifestyle, but its sooo difficult especially since im a total emotional eater. I have a 16 mth old I cant really keep up with I'm too tired I know all the weight is slowing me down and not to mention how all this weight is killing my back. My lil one is about 25lbs and when I carry her Im like wow shes a heavy one but the other day I finally thought about all the extra weight i carry everyday and really got just how heavy I really am. My current weight is 251 and I'm only 5'3'' so I have a long way to go but hopefully we can struggle through together.
monica2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:36 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Fiily,
I really appreciate that.

Last edited by Texas Lady; 09-28-2011 at 09:32 PM..
Old 09-28-2011, 08:48 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Hey Monica,
We are the same weight right now. The extra weight does really make everything so much harder doesn't it? We deserve to be able to move freely with ease and grace, and have energy to live life to the fullest. I believe we can and will lose the weight and rejoice in the end healthier and fit and feeling good about ourselves again.

Just finished some long working days, and can rest, read, and prepare to begin on October 1st. Have a little extra money to stock up on Atkin's food, thank goodness.

Oh, by the way, welcome to low carb. The only way I could ever lose weight.