LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2014, 04:54 AM   #1891
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
Hi Jayce! Looks like you are still doing well. I love the pic. You look beautiful!
Hi, Jen! Thanks for the compliment...I love hats sometimes! How are things with you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipp2play View Post
Sorry to hear about the rain girl! Do you have another game you can take in???
Yea, I was bummed b/c it would've been a good game. We had really good seats directly behind the first base dugout...argh! Lol. Hopefully I can hit up another one soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Jaime~
Awww, thank you for the love! right back atcha!

Well, I got my butt up & went to the gym this morning...30 mins on the Arc Trainer. Ooooh Lawd, that machine hurts, especially after a break! At least I got some endorphins flowing, though.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2014, 06:40 AM   #1892
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/229.8/125
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
I so envy your ability to hit the gym!!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:18 AM   #1893
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/215.6/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
Hey Girl! Hope you're having a better day today!!
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:22 AM   #1894
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I so envy your ability to hit the gym!!
I'm going to be honest: I drove to the gym twice last week & never got out of the car. One time I drove to McDonald's instead & got breakfast. It sounds crazy, but I was having issues with being around people. I had social anxiety when I was younger, especially in my preteen years, and sometimes it pokes its head back out, and I start feeling like I can't deal with being in public. If I see a lot of people inside the gym, it kinda freaks me out at times. I'm trying to push through this feeling, though!

Make the commitment, invest the time, and do the work to make things matter.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:25 AM   #1895
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
Hey Girl! Hope you're having a better day today!!
Hi, Lexi! I'm feeling better today...thanks for your kind words!

I really need to work on my eating b/c I know my supplements can only do so much if I keep eating crap like french fries, cake, candy, etc. I gotta halt this spiral.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:19 AM   #1896
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Your honesty is refreshing, J. I have a cousin who experienced what you're going through so I really feel for you. I'm so proud of you though for continuing to work through it and keep trying! .....altho' if I had a McDonald's near me I might there instead too! I love their breakfasts

Good girl making it today and letting that machine show you what you are capable of!!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:38 AM   #1897
Major LCF Poster!

I have a craving for mickey ds fries!
Old 04-08-2014, 11:32 AM   #1898
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Your honesty is refreshing, J. I have a cousin who experienced what you're going through so I really feel for you. I'm so proud of you though for continuing to work through it and keep trying! .....altho' if I had a McDonald's near me I might there instead too! I love their breakfasts

Good girl making it today and letting that machine show you what you are capable of!!
Yea, it's kinda wonky b/c the anxiety will come out of nowhere sometimes & I will really, really want to completely avoid people. It's like I think people are looking at me & judging me...IDK.

Thanks for the encouragement. Gonna keep fighting! I'm not done yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
I have a craving for mickey ds fries!
You know what...I usually love their fries & when I got them last week, they sucked. I think the oil they'd used was old or something...just YUCK. They are a good "treat" once in awhile though!
Old 04-08-2014, 11:46 AM   #1899
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Yea, it's kinda wonky b/c the anxiety will come out of nowhere sometimes & I will really, really want to completely avoid people. It's like I think people are looking at me & judging me...IDK.

Thanks for the encouragement. Gonna keep fighting! I'm not done yet.

You know what...I usually love their fries & when I got them last week, they sucked. I think the oil they'd used was old or something...just YUCK. They are a good "treat" once in awhile though!
Yanno, in therapy years ago....I was venting to my therapist about this feeling too..how I avoided certain situations because I felt like I was being gawked at and whispered about, and he said, "and why are you so special that you think people are looking at you or even have anything to say about you?" I had forgotten all about this until now...at first I was really friggin ticked off that he said it that way, but when I began to work through stuff I realized he was right. It's a tool I have used to get me through stuff before...something I need to start using again to get my own butt to the gym or out for a walk on the busy street we live on!

You'll figure it out soon, just NEVER give up!

Mickey D fries are very hit or miss in how good they are...more often than not they suck...their breakfasts on the other hand Haven't met one I haven't liked yet I love their hashbrowns....that's what gets me into mega trouble

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 04-08-2014, 01:09 PM   #1900
Major LCF Poster!

I agree that mcdonalds usually isn't very good but when you get a good batch of fries its AMAZING lol
Old 04-09-2014, 08:27 AM   #1901
Blabbermouth!!!

J!!! Did you make it to the gym today? You can do this girl!! Did you ever find out anything regarding your jaw pain?
Old 04-09-2014, 11:47 AM   #1902
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
J!!! Did you make it to the gym today? You can do this girl!! Did you ever find out anything regarding your jaw pain?
Hola! Yes, I went to the gym this morning...when I woke up, I thought it was 6 a.m., but then I saw the rest of the house was asleep & realized I'd set my alarm for 5 to go to the gym. I kinda "had to" at that point.

When I went to a different dentist, they didn't see anything either on my X-rays, so she had me bite down on a "bite stick" and she said that my pain reaction seemed "random" in that it wasn't a certain area of the tooth that was hurting. She also had me bite down on this carbon paper type stuff & then she could see where I was biting harder due to the markings left behind...I'm hitting that one molar in particular a lot harder, which she showed me with a hand mirror. She "adjusted" my tooth by shaving off a bit on top & they also adjusted my night guard b/c she said it wasn't fitting me properly at all. They took at least 30 minutes to fix that. They'd have me put the guard in, then bite down & grind side-to-side & forward, then tap my teeth together 3 times & hold -- we went through this process probably 10 times at least. They used the carbon paper for this part, too. She said that should help b/c since it was fitting incorrectly, it's no wonder that it seemed to exacerbate my jaw pain. She did agree that I seem to clench my teeth a lot...guess I'll see how it goes!

I'm supposed to get a CT scan tomorrow morning, but I'm waiting to hear if my insurance is going to approve it this time or not. My new ENT doctor said he'd talk to them if needed b/c I told him they denied it last time when the allergist ordered it. We shall see! Hope they call me soon b/c I'm supposed to go at 8 A.M. I'm getting allergy testing on April 21st, which will take a few hours. I had testing done back in like early high school, so it'll be interesting to see what these show. I've started taking the Nasonex I had at home on my ENT's recommendation. I had a probe thing stuck in my nostrils & he didn't see any major problems -- I have a deviated septum, but nothing huge. He did say my sinuses looked swollen. I was kinda embarrassed b/c I had what he called a "vasovagal" reaction after they removed it from my nose, and I almost passed out. Smh...LOL.

Made a creamy burrito casserole last night...I subbed ground turkey for the beef & I used light sour cream instead of regular. It was pretty easy...found it on Food.com. My boyfriend said it's his favorite dish I've made so far.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:52 AM   #1903
Blabbermouth!!!

I am SO proud of you!!!

Wow, so it sounds like this dentist took alittle bit more time with trying to figure out your problem. This sounds promising and I hope it does the trick!

Hoping you get the scan done, I think there could be some very valuable information there. Same with the allergy tests...speaking of, I guess I should get DD's done too!

Dinner sounds yum!!!
Old 04-09-2014, 05:09 PM   #1904
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Jayce when I was in HS I was so painfully shy I would not walk up to get my milk or throw my lunch bag away my GF did it for me everyday!!!! I was so afraid everyone was laughing at me or talking about me, it was really crazy looking back but at the time I would get sweaty and nervous, I hated lunch time!!! And I was popular, president of my class, but I had a real issue, I dont know what happened but it faded away! I was a secret eater too, like I would go to the store and buy junk, eat it and throw the wrappers away before I got home. I am not really sure what got me past it, but as I got older I just didnt care what others thought, and the food, I just sort of had given up on ever losing weight.

Now Mc Donalds I feel no love loss there, I hated it when I was fat and still do, I never crave them, even their darn $1.00 iced coffee is gross, so no reason to go there, just read a list of their ingredients that will get you over that!!!! Dunking DOnuts are the same, I get coffee their twice a day but am never tempted by the donuts, they sometimes ask me if I want a free one and I say no, because I think they taste like grease, now what I crave is good old bread or pancakes dripping in butter or eggo waffles, OMG when I watch bobby eat them I want one so bad!!!!

I am glad you can express yourself here, people have real issues that contribute to their path of overeating, etc, we form these things and thoughts when we are young and it helps to know you are not alone! Sometimes you just need to vent with someone that understands!
Old 04-10-2014, 06:36 AM   #1905
Major LCF Poster!

I love breakfast foods too!!

...still craving mickeys fries HAHAHA
Old 04-10-2014, 11:16 AM   #1906
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Made a creamy burrito casserole last night...I subbed ground turkey for the beef & I used light sour cream instead of regular. It was pretty easy...found it on Food.com. My boyfriend said it's his favorite dish I've made so far.
SHare the recipe girl??? Sounds good
zipp2play is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:11 AM   #1907
Major LCF Poster!

Here's the Creamy Burrito Casserole recipe -- very easy & good! This made 8-10 servings, just FYI. Had plenty leftovers after the 4 of us ate.

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey (I used ground turkey)
1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning (I didn't have any, so didn't add this)
6 large flour tortillas (Probably used 4-5 instead...YMMV)
1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
2 -3 cups shredded taco cheese or 2 -3 cups cheddar cheese
1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (Based on a user rec, I subbed Cream of Chicken soup for this...YUM!)
4 ounces sour cream (I used light sour cream)
Jarred hot sauce, if desired to spice it up

Directions:
1. Brown ground meat/turkey and onion; drain.
2. Add taco seasoning and stir in refried beans. (You may want to add a little water to the mixture b/c mine looked a bit dry)
3. Mix soup and sour cream in a separate bowl.
4. Spread 1/2 sour cream mixture in the bottom of a casserole dish.
5. Tear up 3 tortillas and spread over sour cream mixture.
6. Put 1/2 the meat bean mixture over that.
7. Add a layer of cheese.
8. Repeat the layers (can add in other items to layers, like black olives, etc.)
10. Sprinkle cheese over the top and bake uncovered at 350°F for 20-30 minutes.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:15 AM   #1908
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Jaime~ Regarding drive-thru VS Gym, My 2 cents: I have done the same thing. Danielle is right, your honesty is refreshing and it is not a shameful thing, it is what it is. Glad you're feeling better.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:34 AM   #1909
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BubblyRen
Stats: 253/210/feeling healthy!, 5'5", 26
WOE: Generic LC
Start Date: 12/31/13
Omg that recipe sounds delish!
BubblyRen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:31 AM   #1910
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning! Hope you had a great weekend!!
Old 04-21-2014, 08:01 AM   #1911
Blabbermouth!!!

Missing you!!
Old 04-21-2014, 10:02 AM   #1912
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, ladies! Sorry I haven't popped in here recently...kinda freaked right now b/c my bf told me today that he's been recommended for a job with the Royal Navy (as in Great Britain!), but he won't know anything until like a month or so. Apparently 2 of his supervisors recommended him which is a great honor, and it's a great job (especially b/c he wants to become chief); I'm just freaking over here b/c the deployment times are like 60% based on what I've read. :-( I don't know how I would handle him being gone 6-9 months or longer, much less if I were to move overseas & be alone all that time. I am trying to be happy for him without feeling selfish & getting upset about it, but yea. This has kicked my anxiety into overload right now and my chest feels super tight. Oy vey!

Last edited by Jayce; 04-21-2014 at 10:06 AM..
Old 04-21-2014, 01:43 PM   #1913
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Quote:
Hi, ladies! Sorry I haven't popped in here recently...kinda freaked right now b/c my bf told me today that he's been recommended for a job with the Royal Navy (as in Great Britain!), but he won't know anything until like a month or so. Apparently 2 of his supervisors recommended him which is a great honor, and it's a great job (especially b/c he wants to become chief); I'm just freaking over here b/c the deployment times are like 60% based on what I've read. :-( I don't know how I would handle him being gone 6-9 months or longer, much less if I were to move overseas & be alone all that time. I am trying to be happy for him without feeling selfish & getting upset about it, but yea. This has kicked my anxiety into overload right now and my chest feels super tight. Oy vey!
That's a pretty awesome opportunity for him, if it happens. Pace yourself, don't freak out just yet. It may not even happen. But if it does, breathe and keep breathing. Think past 6-9 months, think about the lifetime you two are trying to build together. This may set you up for great/awesome things in the future. It's hard not to just think about the here and now, but forever is such a long time
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:21 AM   #1914
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated View Post
That's a pretty awesome opportunity for him, if it happens. Pace yourself, don't freak out just yet. It may not even happen. But if it does, breathe and keep breathing. Think past 6-9 months, think about the lifetime you two are trying to build together. This may set you up for great/awesome things in the future. It's hard not to just think about the here and now, but forever is such a long time
Cle, thanks for the good advice...I agree that it's a great opportunity if he were to be selected (apparently it's a highly sought-after job, and they select from nominated candidates across the US), so I was able to try & focus on being happy/supportive of him for being thought of so highly by his superiors. He says it's a slim chance he'll go, but at least he did tell me ahead of time so that I'd be prepared somewhat. "Breathe and keep breathing" is pretty much what I told myself too! LOL. Love ya, sis!
Old 04-22-2014, 01:01 PM   #1915
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi Jaime~ Regarding drive-thru VS Gym, My 2 cents: I have done the same thing. Danielle is right, your honesty is refreshing and it is not a shameful thing, it is what it is. Glad you're feeling better.
Thank you for your kind words, as always...y'all know how to make me feel better. I know that if I deny things to myself & others, as in trying to "hide" or "push down" unhealthy habits, then I know I can't move past them. I know I have bad days, and that's okay...I just have to keep fighting & work on bulldozing past 'em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyRen View Post
Omg that recipe sounds delish!
That recipe was yummy! We had lots of leftovers though...I gotta work on making recipes smaller. LOL!

Quote:
Good Morning! Hope you had a great weekend!!
I had a good weekend...very laidback, which is exactly what I wanted!

Quote:
Missing you!!
Aw, heyyyy, Dani! I gotta pop back in here more regularly...

Ok, so I went to the grocery store Sunday with an actual list & I have snacks, lunch stuff, etc. for the work week. I am making spaghetti for dinner tonight, but using Dreamfield's pasta & going to limit my portion & decline the garlic toast I'm making for the rest of the family.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:15 AM   #1916
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning, y'all!

I am feeling more in control this week. I was 213.4 this morning, and I've been bringing my food to work. Haven't been exercising this week, but I'm ok with that b/c I'm focusing on my daily calories & getting in more water...I'm not going to beat myself up about the exercise, but I will start working it in again soon.

Having lemon pepper tilapia & yams for lunch...yum!

It's Friday Eve...woot woot! Going to be in the mid to high 60's here today. It's nice when you actually get to experience Spring weather.

Last edited by Jayce; 04-24-2014 at 05:16 AM..
Old 04-24-2014, 07:35 AM   #1917
Blabbermouth!!!

Great job bringing your food! That is more than half the battle right there. The exercise will come when you're feeling ready. You're doing great!!

I know the stresses of job stuff with your man has gotta be tough, so like Cle said, just breathe. Everything happens for a reason, and if he gets chosen then try to look at it as an incredible opportunity to get to see another part of the world, and a huge adventure! You guys will figure it all out and you will be happy!
Old 04-25-2014, 08:34 AM   #1918
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Great job bringing your food! That is more than half the battle right there. The exercise will come when you're feeling ready. You're doing great!!

I know the stresses of job stuff with your man has gotta be tough, so like Cle said, just breathe. Everything happens for a reason, and if he gets chosen then try to look at it as an incredible opportunity to get to see another part of the world, and a huge adventure! You guys will figure it all out and you will be happy!
Yes, for me, packing my food & bringing it to work is a big part of the battle!

It is kinda crazy with not knowing exactly how the near future will play out, but I am just going to try & take things 1 day at a time. That is hard for me to do as I am an over-thinker, but I'm working on it.

Scale said 212.8 this morning...it showed 2x's, so I'll take it!

I made the LC White Castle Pie for dinner last night...the kids really like it. It's so filling!
Old 04-25-2014, 09:25 AM   #1919
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm so proud of you! Claim that number, it's yours!!!
Old 04-28-2014, 05:27 AM   #1920
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning journal & fellow LCF's!

It's overcast & grey here, but at least it's not cold...the weekend was nice though. We went to a family cookout Saturday to celebrate my nieces' 4th birthday, and that was nice. My mom made a delicious "Frozen" themed cake...they loved it!

Yesterday was a quiet day at the house...we pretty much lazed on the couch together and watched movies. I got caught up on some episodes of "Bates Motel" -- that show is crazy! Lol. The kid who plays young Norman Bates is a good actor, as is the actress who plays his mom.

I didn't weigh this morning...I know when I weighed over the weekend, it had gone up a bit -- probably from carbs and/or alcoholic drinks. Will just keep trucking this week & see if I can start working in some physical activity. I'm down to less than 2 months remaining at my job & until we move!

Have a good one!

Last edited by Jayce; 04-28-2014 at 05:28 AM..