Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2014, 09:57 AM   #1861
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Saxy1971
Stats: 230/212/180
Hey Jayce! Hope you had a great weekend! I've been on sort of an emotional roller-coaster the past week with TOM coming--I get too worked up over little things, and it almost always leads to me eating something stupid or just laying around feeling sorry for myself. If I could just cut that one week a month out of my life, I'd be thrilled.

I'm like you in regards to reading up on these boards--I just don't post a lot, and I think I need to change that because it seems when I *do* post about what's been going on in my world, it seems to give me that extra boost, and connection to those that seek the healthy way of life. Let's keep that up!

Hopeful that tracking my progress will keep me focused! http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...d-journal.html
Saxy1971 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2014, 12:19 PM   #1862
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxy1971 View Post
Hey Jayce! Hope you had a great weekend! I've been on sort of an emotional roller-coaster the past week with TOM coming--I get too worked up over little things, and it almost always leads to me eating something stupid or just laying around feeling sorry for myself. If I could just cut that one week a month out of my life, I'd be thrilled.

I'm like you in regards to reading up on these boards--I just don't post a lot, and I think I need to change that because it seems when I *do* post about what's been going on in my world, it seems to give me that extra boost, and connection to those that seek the healthy way of life. Let's keep that up!
Hi, Lisa! My weekend was okay...I drank a little too much Saturday evening, so I ended up feeling like crap warmed over yesterday. I'm taking a break from alcohol for awhile just b/c I think it's a good idea to step away from it at times.

In regards to TOM, I was so emotional this last go-'round. I swear I cried multiple times over different things. I even cried at the doctor's office when I was talking about my allergies. OMG! She tried prescribing me Celexa, but I didn't take it b/c I know why I was crying. That is part of the reason I ordered the Sam-e though...it can't hurt to have mood support!

Doing well so far today...I didn't make it to the gym this morning, but I have done well with my food choices. I've also gotten in all my vitamins so far (the alarm on my phone has definitely helped!), so I'm going to keep this going.

Make the commitment, invest the time, and do the work to make things matter.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 03:41 AM   #1863
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Jayce that is a good idea about the alarm on your phone for your vitamins, I think I need to do that!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:11 AM   #1864
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Jayce that is a good idea about the alarm on your phone for your vitamins, I think I need to do that!
Amber, it's been a big help so far b/c I never remember to take vitamins at different times -- some aren't supposed to be taken with food for absorption reasons, but others are. This app makes it much easier!

Good morning, LC friends. Made it to the gym earlier...my alarm went off at 4:30 instead of 5 by accident. OMG!!! I slept poorly last night, so I'm feeling it now. Hopefully these vitamins can kick in & help me out a bit. I did feel more energized yesterday evening, so we'll see if this continues!
Old 03-25-2014, 08:04 AM   #1865
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/217/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
Happy Tuesday!
lexiann21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:49 AM   #1866
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
Happy Tuesday!
Hey girly~~ Happy Tuesday to you! It's cold & rainy again, and I'm feeling unproductive at the moment. LOL. Just wanna get home in my comfy clothes!
Old 03-26-2014, 06:41 AM   #1867
Major LCF Poster!

Got in 25 mins on the Arc Trainer this morning -- estimated burn of 300'ish calories. I'm considering researching heart rate monitors b/c then I can get a better idea of my exact calorie burn & track food more closely.

Working on water intake today! I'm doing well with my supplements -- the alarms are working great. Still waiting on my Garden of Life probiotics, but they should deliver today.

Glad it's Wednesday -- midway through the week.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:07 AM   #1868
Major LCF Poster!

Nice work!!! I would estimate around 10 calories per minute of good exercise that makes you sweat and gets your heart rate up. so i'd say 25 minutes about 250. of course that depends on weight and your heart rate. I would highly suggest a heart rate monitor. I've found my tracker over estimates burn.

Last edited by lexiann21; 03-26-2014 at 07:09 AM..
Old 03-26-2014, 07:14 AM   #1869
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Nice work!!! I would estimate around 10 calories per minute of good exercise that makes you sweat and gets your heart rate up. so i'd say 25 minutes about 250. of course that depends on weight and your heart rate. I would highly suggest a heart rate monitor. I've found my tracker over estimates burn.
I input my weight on exercise equipment, so I just go off those numbers & change 'em on the tracker. I know that calorie burn will decrease as I get smaller...but yea, I would like to know exactly how much I'm burning so I'm not guessing. The Polar HRM watches seem pretty well-reviewed!
Old 03-26-2014, 08:02 AM   #1870
Major LCF Poster!

yea the machines always seem to be too generous in the calorie burn too. Anyway that's been my experience in comparing them to my HRM. I have a polar and love it!
Old 03-26-2014, 08:06 AM   #1871
Major LCF Poster!

Now what is the deal with the chest strap? Do you have to wet it or something? I was so confused when I saw there was a chest strap that went with it. LOL
Old 03-26-2014, 08:15 AM   #1872
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Now what is the deal with the chest strap? Do you have to wet it or something? I was so confused when I saw there was a chest strap that went with it. LOL
it is a bit odd. they say you're supposed to put water on the side that will attach to your chest. i have no idea why but i just run my hand under the faucet and wipe it on the strap then put it on.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:21 AM   #1873
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
I have been looking at the Polar too... a few of the girls from BL seem to use them and love them... The chest strap thing seems uncomfortable but to find REAL numbers I think I'd be willing to do anything. LMK if you get it!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:41 AM   #1874
Major LCF Poster!

You don't notice the chest strap at all especially with a sports bra on.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:59 AM   #1875
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
it is a bit odd. they say you're supposed to put water on the side that will attach to your chest. i have no idea why but i just run my hand under the faucet and wipe it on the strap then put it on.
Ok, just wanted feedback from someone who's used one...I think the water has something to do with getting an accurate reading. Thanks for the info, Lexi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
I have been looking at the Polar too... a few of the girls from BL seem to use them and love them... The chest strap thing seems uncomfortable but to find REAL numbers I think I'd be willing to do anything. LMK if you get it!
Yea, I almost ordered one before but didn't b/c of the chest strap aspect...I thought that would be unwieldy. I do want to get the "true" reading of what I'm burning calorie-wise, though.

Happy "Friday Eve," ladies!
Supposed to get in the 50's today -- watch out now, a heatwave! I'm just glad the sun is out b/c that makes a huge difference in my moods sometimes. We've gotten enough rain to last awhile, but more's coming tomorrow.

Totally fell asleep last night without setting my alarm or even putting my phone on the charger, so I woke up late. Having kind of a sketchy hair day as a result, but it'll just have to do. LOL!!!

Saw 215 even on the scale this morning...I looked back over my weigh-ins & noticed I've pretty much been maintaining at this weight since right around Christmas. I've seen little dips up & down, but come back to 215. I think this is my new "set point," so I really need to dig in & make several little changes to make some progress. I think I look good at this weight, but I don't want to get "comfortable" b/c I know I can be healthier, more active, & finally get back under 200.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:38 AM   #1876
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Friday eve! YAY!

uh oh about the hair. i wear mine pulled back everyday lol, not the nicest look but it is what it is...

i totally hear ya on the getting comfortable! thats what made us gain in the first place. i had gotten comfortable from december - end of february and thats what caused me to gain... i'm used to seeing this body now and am still not where i want to be (which im glad about) so thats what keeps me trying...
Old 03-27-2014, 08:45 AM   #1877
Blabbermouth!!!

Sketchy hair for me means the "wild woman" look ... and trust me, it is not a good look for me I'm sure you still look cute as a button!

Right now not only am I looking at the heart rate monitors but looking for something to replace my UP band..... I've had it since September and I've had nothing but problems with it...I'm kinda over all the "troubleshooting" to get it going every time but I love having that tracking through the day for steps, etc.. Just so dang annoying cause that sucker was expensive!

Set points are evil...I really feel your pain.... Let's show 'em who's boss, shall we?

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 03-31-2014, 03:54 AM   #1878

Hey Jayce had to catch up with ya!!!! Hang in there kiddo you are really embracing the exercise which will pay off! I started taking a probiotic too, you might get some D issues at first
Old 03-31-2014, 05:07 AM   #1879
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Morning hun!
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:51 AM   #1880
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Happy Friday eve! YAY!

uh oh about the hair. i wear mine pulled back everyday lol, not the nicest look but it is what it is...

i totally hear ya on the getting comfortable! thats what made us gain in the first place. i had gotten comfortable from december - end of february and thats what caused me to gain... i'm used to seeing this body now and am still not where i want to be (which im glad about) so thats what keeps me trying...
If I pull mine back, it's still a "baby" ponytail right now...LOL. I may be able to start putting it up in a jaw clip sometime soon.

Yes, I'm way too comfortable right now...seems like my motivation has just up & disappeared some days. I haven't been feeling good, so then I start to feel "down" b/c it's so frustrating not knowing how to fix the pain. Hopefully I can get some answers soon!

I'm thinking if I could get myself to at least walk most days out of the week, then that could make a difference in my mindset. It's the routine that makes a big difference, and it's so easy for me to fall out of it. That's what I really need to work on!

Quote:
Sketchy hair for me means the "wild woman" look ... and trust me, it is not a good look for me I'm sure you still look cute as a button!

Right now not only am I looking at the heart rate monitors but looking for something to replace my UP band..... I've had it since September and I've had nothing but problems with it...I'm kinda over all the "troubleshooting" to get it going every time but I love having that tracking through the day for steps, etc.. Just so dang annoying cause that sucker was expensive!

Set points are evil...I really feel your pain.... Let's show 'em who's boss, shall we?
Hmm, I don't know...there are some days where my hair resembles a lion's mane. LOL! I guess that's apt since I'm a Leo.

Sorry your UP device has been malfunctioning. I was considering getting a Fitbit product, but I've seen mixed reviews on those & I'm not sure the calorie count would be accurate either as opposed to an actual heart rate monitor.

Hope your week is off to a good start!

Quote:
Hey Jayce had to catch up with ya!!!! Hang in there kiddo you are really embracing the exercise which will pay off! I started taking a probiotic too, you might get some D issues at first
Hey, Amber! Thanks for the encouragement...I'm trying to hang in there as opposed to hanging by a single thread. LOL! That's how I feel lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated View Post
Morning hun!
Morning, boo! How's everything???

Well, I went home early yesterday due to horrible jaw pain. I had it all day Sunday too, and I pretty much just took meds & slept off & on. It's so frustrating & debilitating b/c I can't really concentrate on anything due to the pain. I also don't want to take pain meds constantly b/c I'm sure it's not good for my body...I've been taking Ibuprofen & Naproxen Sodium often lately, and I worry about long-term effects.

I've set up an appointment with an ear, nose, & throat doctor for Thursday, so maybe I can get some answers regarding my ongoing sinus issues. I am also considering switching dentists b/c I'm kinda iffy about my current one...I'd like a second opinion regarding my tooth they filled not long ago & whether it needs a crown as advised or something else. I'd also like them to take a look at my night guard I purchased from my current dentist.

I've been taking the Xyzal my doc prescribed, but it's not helping with congestion at all. It just makes me sleepy, even into the next day. I don't have issues with ongoing sneezing or anything, so I'm not sure that this type of drug (mainly an antihistamine) is doing much for me. I've also read that many people gain weight on it...oh joy! LOL.

Weight was 218.4 today **sigh**. It was 218 yesterday. Not sure why it went from 214.5 just a few days ago to this...guess it's bloat. I did have regular soda this weekend & some carby items. Just feeling like a yuckity-yuck today. This, too, shall pass...I've gotta help it along though!!!

Last edited by Jayce; 04-01-2014 at 07:59 AM..
Old 04-01-2014, 07:57 AM   #1881
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm so sorry you've not been feeling well I hope that your visit with this doc will shed some light on getting help quickly! It sure makes wanting to make positive lifestyle changes when you're feeling so cruddy, I can relate! Hang in there and I'm crossing my fingers there is light at the end of the tunnel for you
Old 04-01-2014, 10:29 AM   #1882
Major LCF Poster!

sucky to hear about your jaw pain and sinuses. i hope you can get some relief and fast!!

i always have weekend bloat. it'll go away by friday.
Old 04-01-2014, 05:11 PM   #1883

Jayce will your honey walk with you? I have really been enjoying walking with Tony because it is 45 min- one hour without any distraction, no computers, no tv, we really talk about stuff!
Old 04-02-2014, 06:18 AM   #1884
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I'm so sorry you've not been feeling well I hope that your visit with this doc will shed some light on getting help quickly! It sure makes wanting to make positive lifestyle changes when you're feeling so cruddy, I can relate! Hang in there and I'm crossing my fingers there is light at the end of the tunnel for you
Dani, thank you, chica! I would definitely love to get some insight/answers as to what's causing some of these issues. As long as I have a plan of attack to work with, that'll be the first step!

Quote:
sucky to hear about your jaw pain and sinuses. i hope you can get some relief and fast!!

i always have weekend bloat. it'll go away by friday.
Thanks, Lexi. I am really hoping to get some relief soon! Scale was down a lb. today, but I've got work to do -- I've picked up some of my lazy habits again, so I've gotta work on prioritizing my health & wellbeing again!

Quote:
Jayce will your honey walk with you? I have really been enjoying walking with Tony because it is 45 min- one hour without any distraction, no computers, no tv, we really talk about stuff!
Amber, I don't think he'd be interested in walking, but that's a good suggestion. He likes relaxing/vegging in front of the TV at night and in the morning, he leaves earlier than me b/c he takes the kids to daycare on his way to work.

Going to see a new dentist in less than an hour...I'll just feel better once I get a second opinion regarding the molar I've had issues with.

Supposed to be nice & warm today, like in the 70's! Woot woot! I am loving it after all the rain we've had recently...last weekend was a wash-out.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:12 AM   #1885
Major LCF Poster!

im jealous of your weather, ours will not get it together!
Old 04-02-2014, 11:29 AM   #1886
Major LCF Poster!

Girl, it's SO nice to see the sunshine after crappy weather! My friend & I went to a baseball game Saturday (Baltimore Orioles played our local minor league team in an exhibition), but we left after about 45 minutes b/c we were soaked due to rain. Blech!
Old 04-02-2014, 11:52 AM   #1887
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/244/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/IE
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Hi Jayce! Looks like you are still doing well. I love the pic. You look beautiful!
Jenmay78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 06:15 AM   #1888

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Sorry to hear about the rain girl! Do you have another game you can take in???
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 01:29 PM   #1889
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Jaime~
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:36 PM   #1890
Major LCF Poster!

Down today. My day began with an argument, which is oh-so-awesome on a rainy Monday morning.

*sigh*