Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2014, 11:31 AM   #1771
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BubblyRen
Stats: 253/210/feeling healthy!, 5'5", 26
WOE: Generic LC
Start Date: 12/31/13
Hi Jayce! I have a very similar start weight to you, but I'm just starting out on this WOE. Thanks for sharing your experience! It's really motivational to me.
BubblyRen is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2014, 05:02 AM   #1772
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyRen View Post
Hi Jayce! I have a very similar start weight to you, but I'm just starting out on this WOE. Thanks for sharing your experience! It's really motivational to me.
Hi, BubblyRen! to my journal...it's nice to see a new face stop in. I'm also glad you can glean some encouragement from here -- reading others' posts here really helps me stay on track & get focused. This is an ongoing learning experience! Best of luck!

Food was on track yesterday, and I was well under my limit. I made the White Castle pie for dinner, and both the kids really liked it. One even asked me to make it again...success! I brought the left-overs for lunch today. It's pretty filling, too.

Weight was down this morning, so I'm hoping to keep the momentum going to get to my next mini-goal. Just want to get below 215!

Make the commitment, invest the time, and do the work to make things matter.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:01 AM   #1773
Major LCF Poster!

214.4 this morning -- hit my Mini-Goal. Looking to keep it going by making good choices each day...I think that's the key.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:25 AM   #1774
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BubblyRen
Stats: 253/210/feeling healthy!, 5'5", 26
WOE: Generic LC
Start Date: 12/31/13
Congrats on reaching your mini goal! Woohoo!!
BubblyRen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:47 AM   #1775
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
WTG Chicky!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:57 AM   #1776
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyRen View Post
Congrats on reaching your mini goal! Woohoo!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
WTG Chicky!
Thanks, ladies! I was excited. Makes me wanna sing, "Don't stop believingggg!" LOL.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:48 AM   #1777
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
White Castle Pie Recipe

There ya go, lady -- it's one of Linda Sue's LC recipes. Delish!!!!
Thanks Jayce!!

My husband says whiskey makes me mean...I don't recall. I think it just makes me truthful.
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 05:54 AM   #1778
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Morning JG!
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:13 AM   #1779
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated View Post
Morning JG!
Hey Cle! What's good with ya???

Made a really good low-carb recipe last night, and the kids liked it (hey, I'm 2 for 2 this week! ). I cut up Hillshire Farms beef sausage & cooked it, then added a jar of sundried tomato alfredo sauce, and served over Dreamfields penne. It was delicious!

Went to the gym this morning, even though I did NOT want to go. I was super sleepy and the Arc Trainer was kicking my butt, but at least I muddled through it. LOL.

Not sure what I'm having for lunch...I'm thinking Taco Bell b/c it's really easy to get low calorie items there.

So glad it's Friday! I think we're going to see a movie w/ the kids this weekend. I know I'm having either lunch or tea w/ my mom & sister tomorrow...looking forward to it.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:20 AM   #1780
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Saxy1971
Stats: 230/208/180
Hi Jayce! I finally got caught up reading your updates--sounds like you have a lot of wonderful things going on in your life lately! Congrats on your fantastic progress, and Happy Friday!!
Saxy1971 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 05:29 AM   #1781
Major LCF Poster!

Failure is nothing to be afraid of. Highly successful people experience it all the time, and they do just fine.

What will hold you back is not failure. What will hold you back is doing nothing because you fear failure.

Say what you authentically believe, without worrying about whether or not you're saying the right thing. Express what you truly feel, without being concerned about what others will think.

And by all means, take action, without fretting or procrastinating or fearing what might or might not happen. Prepare yourself as best you know how, make sensible, well-informed choices, and then get busy doing it.

Sometimes, the result won't be to your liking. But you can deal with that, and you'll never know what works and what doesn't until you step forward and act.

The way to succeed at anything is to take action even though failure is a definite possibility. Push yourself constantly forward into action, and make a beautiful, unique difference in life.

Ralph Marston - The Daily Motivator
Old 01-20-2014, 05:59 AM   #1782
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxy1971 View Post
Hi Jayce! I finally got caught up reading your updates--sounds like you have a lot of wonderful things going on in your life lately! Congrats on your fantastic progress, and Happy Friday!!
Hi, Saxy! Thanks for stoppin' by. I'm taking it one day at a time -- baby steps will add up! I had a good weekend -- hope you did too.

Good morning, all...kind of in "slo mo" this morning. I have to work today (boo, hiss), so yea. LOL.

Weight was up from some major bloat -- I ate off-plan yesterday, and it showed. I worked out yesterday morning, but guess it wasn't enough to combat the food.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:52 AM   #1783
Senior LCF Member

Glad you had a good weekend! I did too--it was one of those weekends that I head to bed Sunday, feeling real good and accomplished. Spent time with friends, cleaned the house, worked out, and ate on plan! All that good stuff leaked into my Monday, so even coming to work was nice.

Hope you enjoy your day!
Old 01-20-2014, 09:55 AM   #1784
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/237.8/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/JUDDD
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Hi Jayce! Great job my friend. I am off today, but still working. What is wrong with me
Jenmay78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:27 AM   #1785
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Quote:
Hey Cle! What's good with ya???

Made a really good low-carb recipe last night, and the kids liked it (hey, I'm 2 for 2 this week! ). I cut up Hillshire Farms beef sausage & cooked it, then added a jar of sundried tomato alfredo sauce, and served over Dreamfields penne. It was delicious!

Went to the gym this morning, even though I did NOT want to go. I was super sleepy and the Arc Trainer was kicking my butt, but at least I muddled through it. LOL.

Not sure what I'm having for lunch...I'm thinking Taco Bell b/c it's really easy to get low calorie items there.

So glad it's Friday! I think we're going to see a movie w/ the kids this weekend. I know I'm having either lunch or tea w/ my mom & sister tomorrow...looking forward to it.
I'm good! Glad your cooking is a hit! Kids can be cruel

Hope you're doing well!
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:39 AM   #1786
Major LCF Poster!

Don’t be owned by the force inside of you trying to make you afraid, lazy, or less than what you want to be. --Hayley Hobson
Old 01-22-2014, 06:45 AM   #1787
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/215.6/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Don’t be owned by the force inside of you trying to make you afraid, lazy, or less than what you want to be. --Hayley Hobson
AMEN!
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:07 AM   #1788
Major LCF Poster!

Hmmm...I needed to re-read that quote I posted the other day b/c I am definitely lazy right now.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:49 AM   #1789
Major LCF Poster!

When you don't feel like making the effort, the thing that will help you more than anything else is to go ahead and make that effort. Even when you are too tired or too bored, too distracted or too dismayed, the way out is to get busy and put forth effort.

Wishing for things to be better won't make things better. What will make things better is taking positive, focused action.

Making excuses won't make things right. The way forward is to make a real difference by making a real effort.

Just because it's difficult, uncomfortable and inconvenient, doesn't mean it's impossible. You have what it takes to take effective action, and that is a powerfully positive thing to do.

Instead of wasting your priceless time with procrastination, make good use of the time that's now yours. Spend that time making a meaningful difference.

What you get out of life depends on what you get out of yourself. Make the effort, again and again, and give much more beautiful and meaningful life to all of life.

Ralph Marston - The Daily Motivator
Old 01-28-2014, 05:37 AM   #1790
Major LCF Poster!

I'm telling you...this guy posts stuff almost every day that I need to see! Here's another excerpt:

Just because you experience life's difficulties is not a reason to be dismayed. Keep in mind that the more solidly you're making progress the more resistance you'll feel.

Feel the resistance, and realize that the very fact you're feeling it push against you means you're pushing forward through it. Feel the palpable sense of progress, and keep going.

Just on the other side of challenge is achievement. Just on the other side of the obstacle you're facing is your next step on the path forward.

Persist through one challenge, and another, and another. You'll emerge as a much stronger person, having created great new value in your world.
__________________________________________________ _______________________

Yesterday was a hard day for me...I struggled majorly & had binge moments. As of this morning, I'm back on track though...took my butt to the gym & planning on making good choices throughout the day. I cannot allow my moods, hormones, etc. to rule me -- I am the BOSS of me!
Old 01-28-2014, 06:39 AM   #1791
Blabbermouth!!!

The Universe is trying to tell ya something! The important part is that you're aware and ready to listen.

Hope all is well in your world, chicky!
Old 01-28-2014, 07:26 AM   #1792
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
The Universe is trying to tell ya something! The important part is that you're aware and ready to listen.

Hope all is well in your world, chicky!
Yea, I just need to start putting this great advice into action once more. Every little step builds momentum, and that's precisely what I need right now. I battle with the winter "blahs" every year, but I'm determined to beat this.

I'm going to pick up where I left off in Chris Powell's book -- he has such a motivating spirit & I love that about him.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:35 AM   #1793
Blabbermouth!!!

I find that going through Chris's book isn't just a one time thing.. I still go back through it a few times a week and reread passages to keep me going. It has kept me going when I've been feeling low. I really feel like I need to meet this man.....and maybe work for him.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:48 AM   #1794
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/215.6/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
Just stoppin on thru, hope your week is good so far
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 07:44 AM   #1795
Senior LCF Member

Swinging in to wish you a happy Friday Jayce!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Old 01-31-2014, 10:45 AM   #1796
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I find that going through Chris's book isn't just a one time thing...I still go back through it a few times a week and reread passages to keep me going. It has kept me going when I've been feeling low. I really feel like I need to meet this man.....and maybe work for him.
Dani, that's awesome that you can say that about his book...that speaks volumes for his impact on people's lives! I would love to meet him too. Does he do speaking tours? Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
Just stoppin on thru, hope your week is good so far
Hey Lexi! My week hasn't been too bad. I was off Wednesday & Thursday due to snow (we got around 10", which is a lot for this area). Eating's been better this week, and I've got in some exercise. Oh, I signed up for a challenge -- one for which I paid an entrance fee, so that'll give me some motivation! It's the FBF Challenge, and it's 8 weeks. Some of the rules are pretty strict, but it's a point-based challenge. It starts Feb. 10th! Thanks for the suggestion for me to challenge myself.

You lucky duck, you're going to be in Vegas soon! I'll be looking for pics.

Quote:
Swinging in to wish you a happy Friday Jayce!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Hey, Saxy! Thanks for stopping in, lady. I hope the weekend is a good one for you as well. My bf & I were supposed to have date night tonight (long overdue), but now I'm not sure if we're going b/c his daughter is sick. She's got a temperature, has been coughing, & slept most of the day...hopefully she feels better soon. We may just stay in & watch a movie instead.

Well, I saw 213.8 a few days ago, but weight has bounced up a few. Not sure why b/c I ate really well yesterday & exercised...OY VEY! Lol. Will just keep on keepin' on though!!!
Old 01-31-2014, 11:49 AM   #1797
Senior LCF Member

Jayce, I just realized that we are the same weight! (Well, I *was* at 213 Sunday, so that might change come this Sunday...and not for the better...lol) Let's help each other get to Onederland!!
Old 01-31-2014, 12:51 PM   #1798
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Jayce, I just realized that we are the same weight! (Well, I *was* at 213 Sunday, so that might change come this Sunday...and not for the better...lol) Let's help each other get to Onederland!!
Yes!!! We can definitely cheer each other on into Onederland.

I haven't seen that number in a long time, so it's high time.

ETA: I actually want to be right around 180-185 as my goal, too...no smaller than 170. I want to keep my curves & gain some muscle along the way!

Last edited by Jayce; 01-31-2014 at 12:52 PM..
Old 02-01-2014, 09:30 AM   #1799
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Yes!!! We can definitely cheer each other on into Onederland.

I haven't seen that number in a long time, so it's high time.

ETA: I actually want to be right around 180-185 as my goal, too...no smaller than 170. I want to keep my curves & gain some muscle along the way!
I hear ya! I figured 180 would be a good goal, as I was in a size 8 at that weight. My doctor gave me a 150-170 ideal weight, but I'm not going to look at that until I hit 180.

I "officially" weigh in every Sunday, but I took a peek at the scale this morning. I shouldn't have done that. I think I'll take my "up day" and try to shoot for under 1000 cals in hopes for a good weigh in tomorrow.

Hope you're having a nice weekend!
Old 02-03-2014, 06:25 AM   #1800
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/current ?/125
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/14
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Stoppin' by to give some ! January was a hard month for lots of us! We're all in this together, isn't that wonderful?
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote