Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2013, 05:32 AM   #1681
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Well, I exercised both weekend days & tracked food online/stayed under calories. Weight is up...go figure. Blasted hormones!

Dr's appt at 10, so I'm enjoying a laidback morning so far. Nice to have a quiet house to myself.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2013, 05:48 AM   #1682
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
Well, I exercised both weekend days & tracked food online/stayed under calories. Weight is up...go figure. Blasted hormones!

Dr's appt at 10, so I'm enjoying a laidback morning so far. Nice to have a quiet house to myself.
Morning JG!
How are you adjusting to having a full house?
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:11 AM   #1683
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Great job on the exercise, honey!

Enjoy the quiet!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:00 AM   #1684
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/217/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:

Exercise can make you retain water, its totally normal. I'm up today too and i was overall pretty good this weekend. I like how im feeling and how im looking so i really don't care what the scale says. Im just going to keep going!

great job getting your workout on this weekend.
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:13 AM   #1685
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/226.6/125
WOE: Currently 5:2 w/ a 3rd all fruit & veg day
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
I love having the house to myself! How you feeling today?
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:19 PM   #1686
I'm his Princess

Gallery: Dedicated
Stats: Goal is a Healthy Weight!
WOE: Clean Eating!
Start Date: Everyday!
JG!!!!!
Dedicated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 06:02 AM   #1687
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning, ladies! Sorry I haven't posted here in a few days -- I've posted elsewhere on LCF though.

Worked out this morning...I was running a lil' late, so I only did 25 minutes. I ramped up the intensity for most of it, so I burned right over 300 calories on the Arc Trainer. Even my stomach is sore now! I think it's b/c I did part of my workout leaning back (you feel it in a different area in that position -- reminds me of my old Gazelle).

Weight was down this morning, so that's a good sign. Tomorrow should be the absolute last day of TOM -- yeaaaaa, trick!

Today's menu --

Breakfast: 1 Tbs. of EVCO, banana, 1 packet Rachael Ray apple cranberry oatmeal, Sorrento string cheese, & coffee w/ 3 Peppermint Mocha creamers & Splenda
Lunch: PB&J on honey oat bread, baby carrots w/ Laughing Cow light creamy swiss
Snack: Dannon light Greek pineapple yogurt
Dinner: ???

I convinced the bf we needed to put up a Christmas tree, so we're decorating it tonight. I plan on picking up some hot cocoa & maybe some cookie mix b/c I thought the kids would like that. I think holidays should be a big deal for kids b/c I remember my mom doing her best to always make those times feel special.

Make the commitment, invest the time, and do the work to make things matter.

Last edited by Jayce; 12-11-2013 at 06:13 AM..
Old 12-11-2013, 06:50 AM   #1688
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Trimming the tree is a great tradition. The kids will love it!
Old 12-11-2013, 06:54 AM   #1689
Blabbermouth!!!

Well you're doing all kinds of awesome today, aren't you!

New numbers, went to the gym, being a supportive gf and really helping those kids feel the Christmas spirit!

Have fun with the kiddos!
Old 12-11-2013, 06:57 AM   #1690
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Good morning, ladies! Sorry I haven't posted here in a few days -- I've posted elsewhere on LCF though.

Worked out this morning...I was running a lil' late, so I only did 25 minutes. I ramped up the intensity for most of it, so I burned right over 300 calories on the Arc Trainer. Even my stomach is sore now! I think it's b/c I did part of my workout leaning back (you feel it in a different area in that position -- reminds me of my old Gazelle).

Weight was down this morning, so that's a good sign. Tomorrow should be the absolute last day of TOM -- yeaaaaa, trick!

Today's menu --

Breakfast: 1 Tbs. of EVCO, banana, 1 packet Rachael Ray apple cranberry oatmeal, Sorrento string cheese, & coffee w/ 3 Peppermint Mocha creamers & Splenda
Lunch: PB&J on honey oat bread, baby carrots w/ Laughing Cow light creamy swiss
Snack: Dannon light Greek pineapple yogurt
Dinner: ???

I convinced the bf we needed to put up a Christmas tree, so we're decorating it tonight. I plan on picking up some hot cocoa & maybe some cookie mix b/c I thought the kids would like that. I think holidays should be a big deal for kids b/c I remember my mom doing her best to always make those times feel special.
great work this week chica!!

he really wasn't going to get a tree? that makes me sad kids love christmas!! I'm glad you are there to encourage that!
Old 12-11-2013, 08:38 AM   #1691
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Trimming the tree is a great tradition. The kids will love it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Well you're doing all kinds of awesome today, aren't you!

New numbers, went to the gym, being a supportive gf and really helping those kids feel the Christmas spirit!

Have fun with the kiddos!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
great work this week chica!!

he really wasn't going to get a tree? that makes me sad kids love christmas!! I'm glad you are there to encourage that!
To be honest, I am not a super sentimental person, but I wanted a tree b/c the kids live with us. I know it'll be hard with their mom overseas, so I'm trying to be sensitive to that.

I also have 2 ornaments that the bf's given me: one from our 1st Christmas last year & the other he gave me for our anniversary, and it's personalized with our names.

Lexi, it's an artificial tree. He pulled one out of the shed and put it up yesterday. He's gotta get more lights though. He did find some ornaments, and I bought some last weekend & also have some of mine that my mom kept for me. I want to see if I can find an ornament for each kid -- like a Spiderman & a Disney princess one. Not sure where to look though...

My mom has a real tree (she's super picky about her Christmas trees). LOL. We will be eating Christmas dinner with her, which is good for us as well as her b/c my sister, bro-in-law & nieces won't be with us for Christmas. At least this way my mom can be with some "family" & she's planning on getting the kids stuff too. It'll work out nicely, I think.

Last edited by Jayce; 12-11-2013 at 08:40 AM..
Old 12-11-2013, 08:53 AM   #1692
Blabbermouth!!!

I think it's fabulous that you are making that effort. It's something I can guarantee you they'll remember & it's gonna make an impact.
You'll find all kinds of great ornaments at Target, Hallmark, even Walmart had some Spiderman and all the Disney stuff. The mall usually has those kiosks with the cute themed ornaments that you can put names on w/ the year...
DH and I bought our first ornament together when we took a trip to San Francisco in 1993..hard to believe it's been 20 years since our 1st Christmas!!
Old 12-11-2013, 09:27 AM   #1693
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I think it's fabulous that you are making that effort. It's something I can guarantee you they'll remember & it's gonna make an impact.
You'll find all kinds of great ornaments at Target, Hallmark, even Walmart had some Spiderman and all the Disney stuff. The mall usually has those kiosks with the cute themed ornaments that you can put names on w/ the year...
DH and I bought our first ornament together when we took a trip to San Francisco in 1993..hard to believe it's been 20 years since our 1st Christmas!!
Dani, thanks for the suggestions! I thought of Hallmark but wanted to look elsewhere...Target has some good ones.

Awww...almost 20 years since your first Christmas! How sweet.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:06 AM   #1694
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
To be honest, I am not a super sentimental person, but I wanted a tree b/c the kids live with us. I know it'll be hard with their mom overseas, so I'm trying to be sensitive to that.

I also have 2 ornaments that the bf's given me: one from our 1st Christmas last year & the other he gave me for our anniversary, and it's personalized with our names.

Lexi, it's an artificial tree. He pulled one out of the shed and put it up yesterday. He's gotta get more lights though. He did find some ornaments, and I bought some last weekend & also have some of mine that my mom kept for me. I want to see if I can find an ornament for each kid -- like a Spiderman & a Disney princess one. Not sure where to look though...

My mom has a real tree (she's super picky about her Christmas trees). LOL. We will be eating Christmas dinner with her, which is good for us as well as her b/c my sister, bro-in-law & nieces won't be with us for Christmas. At least this way my mom can be with some "family" & she's planning on getting the kids stuff too. It'll work out nicely, I think.
I think you should definitely get the kids an ornament. i get my kids a new one each year!

your christmas plans sound nice and simple. everyone will have a nice time where do his folks live?
Old 12-11-2013, 10:30 AM   #1695
Major LCF Poster!

He is from Akron, Ohio. I actually used to be in Akron fairly often when I lived up north b/c Youngstown is like an hour away...small world.

Next year, I think we're planning on going there for Christmas.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:44 AM   #1696
Major LCF Poster!

I see. well im sure his family will appreciate you guys switching the holidays! tough when you live out of state, you don't always get to see each other.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:31 AM   #1697
Major LCF Poster!

I was 219 this morning after I returned from the gym, so glad to be seeing my recent low again. I did really well with my food yesterday, so that felt good.

Went to the dentist earlier -- the good news: he doesn't see a crack, a chip, or any decay around/under my filling (tooth that's been hurting). He did notice very shiny, almost polished spots on my filling (the filling itself is old), so he said he usually sees that when the person's grinding their teeth. I told him I'd recently asked my allergist about my horrible jaw pain and waking up with headaches, so the dentist & allergist both think it's related to TMJ, teeth grinding, clenching, etc. The not-so-great news: I decided to go ahead & get fitted for a custom-made night guard (which will be OH so sexy) & insurance doesn't cover it, so it was $374. It will be ready for pick-up the day after Christmas. The dentist thinks that this could help greatly with my tooth sensitivity and especially the jaw pain. He would like to see how this works before moving on with crowning the tooth, which is really the only other option.

Decorating the Christmas tree went well last night -- the kids liked the ornaments I bought them, and the tree turned out pretty cute.

Not sure what I'm having for lunch b/c I was running behind when I got back from the gym, so I didn't pack one. I'm thinking soup & salad from Chick-fil-A or maybe just chicken tortilla soup (yum!).

I'm off tomorrow, and my bf took off tomorrow too b/c he has a lot of leave. I'm looking forward to our day together. No big plans, but at least we'll have some alone time. We're also going to my company Christmas party Sat. night & my mom's babysitting for us.

I've exercised 5 days in the last week, so I'm happy with that. I'm excited b/c the gym will be offering Kettleworx classes next year (I've really wanted to try kettlebells), as well as some Les Mills classes -- hopefully Body Pump! We just got some Stairmasters & TreadClimbers added to the floor, so I was eyeing 'em this morning. I totally want to try the TreadClimber!

Hope you're having a good day, all!
Old 12-12-2013, 09:57 AM   #1698
Blabbermouth!!!

Well, what a relief to know there's nothing wrong with your tooth, per se.. DS has issues with grinding too.. he still needs a mouthguard but has been draggin his feet on it... when he had his braces, both the ortho and the dentist wanted to see if the braces/realignment of jaw...helped with the jaw pain he was having. it helped some but not all so the next step was the guard.. I hope it helps you!

So glad the decorating went well with the kiddos! Saw the tree, so pretty!

I really need to join a gym, I think. When I had a membership a few years ago I was going every day..it was a struggle to keep me OUT of there...but, my food aspect was horrendous and could not get it together for some reason..... how I wish I could do it now!

OMG, walked by a chik fil A the other day...all I could smell was fries... YUMMMMM

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 12-12-2013, 12:23 PM   #1699
Major LCF Poster!

im thankful we dont have a chick-fil-a as i've heard its delish!
Old 12-13-2013, 06:24 AM   #1700
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Way to go on all the great exercise!! Enjoy your alone time and have a great time at your Christmas Party!! The year end is zooming up fast!
Old 12-13-2013, 07:49 AM   #1701
Blabbermouth!!!

Have a great weekend, J!!
Old 12-16-2013, 09:17 AM   #1702
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Well, what a relief to know there's nothing wrong with your tooth, per se.. DS has issues with grinding too.. he still needs a mouthguard but has been draggin his feet on it... when he had his braces, both the ortho and the dentist wanted to see if the braces/realignment of jaw...helped with the jaw pain he was having. it helped some but not all so the next step was the guard.. I hope it helps you!

So glad the decorating went well with the kiddos! Saw the tree, so pretty!

I really need to join a gym, I think. When I had a membership a few years ago I was going every day..it was a struggle to keep me OUT of there...but, my food aspect was horrendous and could not get it together for some reason..... how I wish I could do it now!

OMG, walked by a chik fil A the other day...all I could smell was fries... YUMMMMM
Yea, I hope it helps with the jaw pain -- if so, it'll definitely be worth the money.

Thanks! I thought the tree turned out pretty well...I have moved a few ornaments around to fill the "empty" spots, but it's pretty cute (esp. for a fake one).

I am starting to enjoy the gym a bit more...still a struggle to go early in the morning, but I've gone a lot more this month than I have in awhile.

Yes, girl -- Chick-fil-A's waffle fries are delish! LOL. Those are totally worth the calories if it's time for a "treat." I tried their new Asian salad Friday, and it was so good! It comes with a honey sesame dressing that was amazing. I would definitely get it again.

Quote:
im thankful we dont have a chick-fil-a as i've heard its delish!
It's very good! I get different things there...chicken nuggets, cole slaw, chicken salad sandwich, fruit cup, salads, soup, etc. I also like their diet lemonade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
Way to go on all the great exercise!! Enjoy your alone time and have a great time at your Christmas Party!! The year end is zooming up fast!
Thank you, lady! My Christmas party was lots of fun -- I really enjoyed it. It was open bar, there was good food, and I won a couple prizes (was most excited about the $15 Subway gift card, lol).

Quote:
Have a great weekend, J!!
Thanks, Dani! I did have a nice 3 day weekend. I am off every Friday the rest of the month.

I saw 218.4 on the scale yesterday morning -- was psyched! Especially b/c we went to the Christmas party Sat. night...I didn't eat much & we declined the sweets, so I guess that helped balance out the booze. LOL! I also did some dancing -- electric slide, cupid shuffle, etc.

Weight was up for some reason this morning, but I'm not gonna sweat it. I went to the gym yesterday morning and got in a good workout -- my sodium may have been a bit high, so that's the only thing I can really think of.

Gotta get my bf and mom's gifts -- I've gotten the kids' gifts ordered with Amazon Prime, so they'll be here by midweek.

Last edited by Jayce; 12-16-2013 at 09:18 AM..
Old 12-17-2013, 03:28 AM   #1703
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Hey hun, I think you are doing a great job with your BF kids, its a hard job, as I found out being a step parent is hard, enjoy them now while they are young, once they become moody pre teens look out!!! LOL

Enjoy your holidays!!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 03:38 AM   #1704
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/188.8/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Hey lady, I agree Chick-Fil-A waffle fries are awesome! Open bar Christmas party plus winning prizes, nice!!
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 05:12 AM   #1705
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Hey hun, I think you are doing a great job with your BF kids, its a hard job, as I found out being a step parent is hard, enjoy them now while they are young, once they become moody pre teens look out!!! LOL

Enjoy your holidays!!!!
Thank you, Amber -- that means a lot to me. I had no clue how to be a "step-parent," but I'm just taking it a day at a time. I'm working on being more authoritative when needed b/c I don't want them to think I'm a push-over. LOL. They are pretty loving though, which is a definite plus.

I hope you have a great holiday season yourself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Hey lady, I agree Chick-Fil-A waffle fries are awesome! Open bar Christmas party plus winning prizes, nice!!
Hey Shari! Glad to see ya here. Yea, the Christmas party was fun! It's funny b/c multiple people came up to me yesterday and were like, "You can really dance!" and even people who weren't at the party said, "I heard you can dance!" Who would've known I'd make such an impression??
Haha!

Saw 218.4 again on the scale this morning -- got in a 25 minute session on the arc trainer on a higher resistance, so my thighs are killin' me now. LOL.

Today's Menu:

B: Wawa turkey sausage, egg white, & cheese on bagel, pumpkin spice coffee w/ Fr. Vanilla creamer & Splenda
L: PB&J on oat/honey bread, baby carrots w/ 1 wedge Laughing Cow light garlic & herb cheese, Honey Maid cinnamon graham crackers
SN: 1/2 cup pineapple chunks in 2% cottage cheese, string cheese
D: ?? Not sure what bf plans on making
Old 12-17-2013, 06:20 AM   #1706
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Jayce!! Fridays OFF all December! Lucky duck! You know my weight is up slightly too, but I know it's a fluke...

Hope you have a great day!!
Old 12-17-2013, 09:39 AM   #1707
Major LCF Poster!

I am a lucky duck! I am so glad that I work here now, especially compared to some of the places I worked before...lol. I only work Thursday next week -- so psyched!

My weight went back down today, so I was happy about that.

Day's been good so far. We've been busy today! I'm wearing a pair of size 13/14 jeans today, and the one warehouse guy told me that the other guy wanted to see me walk back there...smh! I am not telling my bf about that one. LOL
Old 12-17-2013, 11:37 AM   #1708
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I am a lucky duck! I am so glad that I work here now, especially compared to some of the places I worked before...lol. I only work Thursday next week -- so psyched!

My weight went back down today, so I was happy about that.

Day's been good so far. We've been busy today! I'm wearing a pair of size 13/14 jeans today, and the one warehouse guy told me that the other guy wanted to see me walk back there...smh! I am not telling my bf about that one. LOL
WOW great work!!

good idea, i probably wouldnt tell hubby either, men cant handle jealousy very well lol.
Old 12-18-2013, 05:03 AM   #1709
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
WOW great work!!

good idea, i probably wouldnt tell hubby either, men cant handle jealousy very well lol.
Thanks, chica!

He was getting irritated at my Christmas party b/c 2 random men in the restaurant/bar tried to hit on me when I walked to the restroom...one even kept staring at me & I was clearly sitting next to my bf! Smh...some people just don't care!

Well, 217.2 this morning! Yeaaaaa buddy!

Got in a 30 minute workout this morning -- 10 mins on arc trainer & 20 mins on treadmill (one 1 minute run, two 2 minute runs, and some hills worked in). My legs are feeling it lately!

I'm going to check out a 30 min. Kettleworx technique class on Sunday...I'm excited b/c I've wanted to learn how to use kettlebells for awhile, so this is great news that it's coming to the Y next month.

Last edited by Jayce; 12-18-2013 at 05:05 AM..
Old 12-18-2013, 05:39 AM   #1710
Blabbermouth!!!

Great work, lady!

Glad you had such a great time at the party, despite some idiots who can't seem to find their manners.