Old 11-14-2013, 06:01 AM   #1591
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/215/211 Mini-Goal
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde with a Rose View Post
YAY!!
Thanks for the encouragement! Was 220 yesterday & 219.8 this morning -- maintaining despite TOM, so I'm happy so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyl View Post
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! enjoy!!!!
Thank ya, Pal! I'm getting excited b/c it seems like it'll be romantic, and we'll also get in a lot of walking due to exploring the caverns, the zoo, etc. I know I'm going to indulge in food/drinks a bit, so the activity should help balance it out some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Self love is probably one of the hardest things anyone can have..it takes alot of work, especially if there has been alot of hardship along the way. Realizing that you're much better for it is huge and exciting thing..I still shake my head some days and think why in the world I was so afraid of it Everyone around me benefits from my transformation and suddenly it's not quite so scary to me anymore.

Your trip this weekend sounds amazing! What a very sweet & romantic weekend Take some pictures, it sounds amazing!!

Dang, TOM is such a pain in the butt...ignore it, it will go away
Dani, you are so right -- self-love takes A LOT of work, but I finally feel like I'm coming out on the "other side" of all my pain & baggage. There are events/decisions I've wished I could change but realize I cannot, and I am accepting that: I am the woman I am today because of everything. I have emotional scars, but I feel worthy of good things. It's taken me awhile to start feeling this way!!!

Yes, I'm definitely looking forward to our trip. I've always wanted to go to Luray, and ever since the bf found the B&B (we booked the last room, btw -- only 4 available), I've been a little giddy. I told him he needs to bring his professional camera (he used to be into photography) b/c it's going to be gorgeous up in the mountains with the fall colors!

TOM hasn't been bad so far (fingers crossed). Weight is holding steady, and my mood's been good (LOL).

So, I made Italian chicken with red potatoes & carrots in the crockpot last night. I think Amber posted a recipe for this somewhere...don't remember. Anyways, it was good & low in calories! Brought leftovers for lunch...yum!

I'm going to pick up a cupcake mix on the way home b/c I promised bf's daughter we'd make some tonight...I told her we're making real ones though b/c that Easy Bake Oven was a swindle last time we used it! LMAO!!!

Consistently act on what you already know. If you wait for "perfect" conditions, then you'll never get anything done.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2013, 06:31 AM   #1592
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/210.6/175
WOE: diet/exercise
Start Date: March 2013
Im excited for you and your romantic weekend Happy anniversary!
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:53 AM   #1593
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post

Dani, you are so right -- self-love takes A LOT of work, but I finally feel like I'm coming out on the "other side" of all my pain & baggage. There are events/decisions I've wished I could change but realize I cannot, and I am accepting that: I am the woman I am today because of everything. I have emotional scars, but I feel worthy of good things. It's taken me awhile to start feeling this way!!!
Yes, I'm definitely looking forward to our trip. I've always wanted to go to Luray, and ever since the bf found the B&B (we booked the last room, btw -- only 4 available), I've been a little giddy. I told him he needs to bring his professional camera (he used to be into photography) b/c it's going to be gorgeous up in the mountains with the fall colors!

TOM hasn't been bad so far (fingers crossed). Weight is holding steady, and my mood's been good (LOL).

So, I made Italian chicken with red potatoes & carrots in the crockpot last night. I think Amber posted a recipe for this somewhere...don't remember. Anyways, it was good & low in calories! Brought leftovers for lunch...yum!

I'm going to pick up a cupcake mix on the way home b/c I promised bf's daughter we'd make some tonight...I told her we're making real ones though b/c that Easy Bake Oven was a swindle last time we used it! LMAO!!!
Learning to let go is THE hardest thing in the world to do. It sounds perfectly easy to just let go of it all so you can just "be done"...but it's the oppositve effect mentally. I so get it! I'll tell ya though, after awhile, it gets easier to just accept things as they are and keep moving.. letting go of baggage ( and I have ALOT) is a weight lifted and makes getting on with life that much easier! I'm so happy to hear that you know you deserve that happiness despite whatever's happened in the past. We ARE who we are today because of our past--we're that much stronger for it!

Mmmmmm dinner sounds like it was fab! I bet it's even better today!

The trip was meant to be---the last room....yep, definitely!

Have fun w/ the kiddo! She will remember all of these things you do with her, trust me!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 05:36 AM   #1594
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
Im excited for you and your romantic weekend Happy anniversary!
Thanks, girl. I think it'll be a good time...at least we get to do something to celebrate!

Quote:
Learning to let go is THE hardest thing in the world to do. It sounds perfectly easy to just let go of it all so you can just "be done"...but it's the oppositve effect mentally. I so get it! I'll tell ya though, after awhile, it gets easier to just accept things as they are and keep moving.. letting go of baggage ( and I have ALOT) is a weight lifted and makes getting on with life that much easier! I'm so happy to hear that you know you deserve that happiness despite whatever's happened in the past. We ARE who we are today because of our past--we're that much stronger for it!

Mmmmmm dinner sounds like it was fab! I bet it's even better today!

The trip was meant to be---the last room....yep, definitely!

Have fun w/ the kiddo! She will remember all of these things you do with her, trust me!
Yes, the leftover chicken/veggies was yummy for lunch!

I had a horrible sinus headache & jaw aches last night, so we didn't end up making the cupcakes. I did stop & buy the mix & frosting, so I showed them to her & told her I didn't forget, but I wasn't feeling well & we could do them Sunday when we get back.

Kinda "meh" right now...slept crappy b/c of bf's snoring (I could hear it even with the dang ear plugs in...ugh). Then he was in a bad mood this morning, but wouldn't tell me why...just said it wasn't regarding me. I get frustrated b/c he says that men don't necessarily feel the need to share their problems & that I can't "solve" everything, but I feel like I'm being shut out. I guess that's a difference b/t men & women though.

Anyways, at least the scale said 219.8 this morning -- TOM is on its last leg today. Yay!!!

Last edited by Jayce; 11-15-2013 at 05:37 AM..
Old 11-15-2013, 05:40 AM   #1595
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm sorry you woke up feeling oogie today. Ugh, the snoring!! I can't tell you how many times I've had to actually get up and sleep on the couch when DH gets going...it's crazy!
Yes, it's "typical" of men to not want to share their feelings...but in relationships they NEED to... he's gotta figure out a way to open up, even just some. Trust me. I don't think you want to know every waking thought of his, but when he wakes up grouchy and is being moody, you deserve to know what that stems from. I get it though, it's scary for them because they're taught that doing things like that makes them less than...
Old 11-15-2013, 06:37 AM   #1596
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/IDK/140
WOE: Currently JUDDD
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
It may have been the cupcakes. Kids can be pouty and if that was conveyed to your BF that may have made him cranky. Sunday may seem like light-years away to a kid who was thinking 'cupcakes today'. Just my thoughts.
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:36 AM   #1597
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I'm sorry you woke up feeling oogie today. Ugh, the snoring!! I can't tell you how many times I've had to actually get up and sleep on the couch when DH gets going...it's crazy!
Yes, it's "typical" of men to not want to share their feelings...but in relationships they NEED to... he's gotta figure out a way to open up, even just some. Trust me. I don't think you want to know every waking thought of his, but when he wakes up grouchy and is being moody, you deserve to know what that stems from. I get it though, it's scary for them because they're taught that doing things like that makes them less than...
I did go sleep on the couch for a few hours...he texted me at 1:30 a.m. asking what I was doing out there & I told him he was snoring. LOL. I was able to fall back asleep though when I came back to bed.

I think it had something to do with his ex-wife b/c he was scanning the POA agreement drawn up for when she went overseas. I think she was supposed to have transferred $$$ to his account today (she's supposed pay an amount monthly since she wanted to leave the country for a year & he's agreed to take care of them full-time), so it may have something to do with that.

He usually will tell me stuff later, but me being me, I like to know stuff right then. LOL. I know he thinks sharing too much is an effeminate quality -- he believes in keeping some things inside.

Quote:
It may have been the cupcakes. Kids can be pouty and if that was conveyed to your BF that may have made him cranky. Sunday may seem like light-years away to a kid who was thinking 'cupcakes today'. Just my thoughts.
Oh no, it wasn't that. He knew I wasn't feeling good and he said she'd be fine doing it another night. I'm the one who made a point of showing her I'd bought the stuff & asked her if we could "reschedule" b/c I wanted her to know I hadn't forgotten about her. She wasn't upset.
Old 11-15-2013, 12:49 PM   #1598
Major LCF Poster!

Ooooh Lawdddd...these last couple of hours drag by! LOL.

Am I the only one struggling to stay awake right now?
Old 11-15-2013, 01:08 PM   #1599
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

lol im WIDE AWAKE and ready for a few cocktails! woo hoo for friday!
Old 11-15-2013, 01:08 PM   #1600
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

NO you're not alone! And what's worse, it's only 2pm here and I'm ready for bed Sitting here yawning and willing my eyeballs to stay open!
Old 11-18-2013, 09:16 AM   #1601
Major LCF Poster!

Good afternoon, y'all. I am sleepy today! Lol.

We had a good time in Luray...unfortunately, some things were closed due to the season, but we still enjoyed ourselves. The B&B was cute, and the breakfast yesterday morning was delicious. She even had turkey sausage for he & I b/c he doesn't eat pork -- very nice of her. We saw Thor yesterday after we got back in town (had a little time before picking up the kids), and it was pretty good.

We exchanged gifts last night...he gave me 2 pairs of Nike shoes (Jordan sneakers & some waterproof black boots I really wanted), a personalized wooden ornament for our 2nd Christmas, & a very pretty heart necklace. He liked the gift I gave him, which was home delivery of craft beers (4 different kinds -- a 12 pack) for the next 6 months. It's hard to shop for guys, but I thought he'd like it.

Not sure what I'm doing for lunch b/c I didn't get up early enough to pack one, but it'll probably be a salad from Wendy's.

Up 3 pounds from my weekend, but I'm not surprised considering I drank mucho glasses of wine Saturday...LOL! I've had coffee w/ French Vanilla creamer & a snack size bag of Chex Mix so far, so I've got a decent amount of calories left for my day. Gotta drink lots of water!

Last edited by Jayce; 11-18-2013 at 09:18 AM..
Old 11-18-2013, 09:51 AM   #1602
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Good afternoon, y'all. I am sleepy today! Lol.

We had a good time in Luray...unfortunately, some things were closed due to the season, but we still enjoyed ourselves. The B&B was cute, and the breakfast yesterday morning was delicious. She even had turkey sausage for he & I b/c he doesn't eat pork -- very nice of her. We saw Thor yesterday after we got back in town (had a little time before picking up the kids), and it was pretty good.

We exchanged gifts last night...he gave me 2 pairs of Nike shoes (Jordan sneakers & some waterproof black boots I really wanted), a personalized wooden ornament for our 2nd Christmas, & a very pretty heart necklace. He liked the gift I gave him, which was home delivery of craft beers (4 different kinds -- a 12 pack) for the next 6 months. It's hard to shop for guys, but I thought he'd like it.

Not sure what I'm doing for lunch b/c I didn't get up early enough to pack one, but it'll probably be a salad from Wendy's.

Up 3 pounds from my weekend, but I'm not surprised considering I drank mucho glasses of wine Saturday...LOL! I've had coffee w/ French Vanilla creamer & a snack size bag of Chex Mix so far, so I've got a decent amount of calories left for my day. Gotta drink lots of water!
How sweet, i'm glad you had such a great anniversary weekend and had nice gifts for each other!

girl i was up 5! wow! gotta rein it in!
Old 11-18-2013, 01:29 PM   #1603
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
How sweet, i'm glad you had such a great anniversary weekend and had nice gifts for each other!

girl i was up 5! wow! gotta rein it in!
Thanks, girl...our anniversary has been very nice. He is spoiling me!

Yea, I gotta be good up until Thanksgiving...make sure I track everything I eat & get in some more exercise!
Old 11-18-2013, 02:04 PM   #1604
Blabbermouth!!!

Sounds like it was a pretty great weekend!

The extra few pounds will be gone in no time. Back to tracking, tracking, and some more tracking.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:26 AM   #1605
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Sounds like it was a pretty great weekend!

The extra few pounds will be gone in no time. Back to tracking, tracking, and some more tracking.
It was a good weekend...I appreciate that he put in effort to make the occasion special. He also sent beautiful flowers to my job yesterday.

Ok, so was 221.4 this morning (down from 222.8 yesterday). Be gone, bloat! Lol. I gotta get back on the physical activity wagon b/c I always get lazy this time of year.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:48 AM   #1606
Blabbermouth!!!

Beautiful flowers!
Old 11-19-2013, 07:10 AM   #1607
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Beautiful flowers!
Thank you! I thought so too. I wasn't expecting them b/c we'd already exchanged gifts. Was a lovely surprise!
Old 11-19-2013, 07:27 AM   #1608
Major LCF Poster!

Those flowers are so pretty.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:52 AM   #1609
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: 240/IDK/140
WOE: Currently JUDDD
Start Date: (Juddd 2010)
Oh Honey, your weekend sounds fabulous! Your gift of home delivery of Craft beers? A-mazing. What man wouldn't want that? DH and I stayed at a B&B in Springfield MO a couple of years ago and I really loved it.

Back on track and onward!
Blonde with a Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:39 AM   #1610
Major LCF Poster!

Accidentally deleted first link...here they are. Yes, I put the mushy heart in the corner of the pic. LOL!
Old 11-19-2013, 11:44 AM   #1611
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Those flowers are so pretty.
Thanks, Lexi! I loved them.

Quote:
Oh Honey, your weekend sounds fabulous! Your gift of home delivery of Craft beers? A-mazing. What man wouldn't want that? DH and I stayed at a B&B in Springfield MO a couple of years ago and I really loved it.

Back on track and onward!
Yes, we had a good time. I wish we could've stayed longer, but I appreciate that we were able to go out of town at all.

My bf did like the present...he actually said it's the best present he's gotten. Woot Woot!
Old 11-19-2013, 11:56 AM   #1612
Major LCF Poster!

I'm surprising my hubby with an overnight out of town next month for our three year wedding anniversary. I managed to get a complimentary bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries upon check in (its my fav hotel by the way) then dinner reservations and out for drinks later at our favorite irish bar.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:25 AM   #1613
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I'm surprising my hubby with an overnight out of town next month for our three year wedding anniversary. I managed to get a complimentary bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries upon check in (its my fav hotel by the way) then dinner reservations and out for drinks later at our favorite irish bar.
Oooh, a surprise! Love it! Sounds like a great time.

Morning, all! 220.6 this morning, so only 1 more pound to get back to last week's low. Packing lunches/snacks & tracking my food daily really helps keep me focused. My bf asked if I was going to the gym today (I haven't gone in 2 weeks), so I begrudgingly packed my gym clothes & said I'm going after work. He says I'm paying for it but not using it, so he thinks I'm wasting money -- I agree with this, but I just battle myself with not wanting to go. I've got to find a way to make this something I want to do -- gonna think about this. Any suggestions are welcome!

Have leftover "bubble up enchilada casserole" for lunch (WW recipe). It's so yummy & was super easy to make. Have a great day, y'all.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:44 AM   #1614
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Oooh, a surprise! Love it! Sounds like a great time.

Morning, all! 220.6 this morning, so only 1 more pound to get back to last week's low. Packing lunches/snacks & tracking my food daily really helps keep me focused. My bf asked if I was going to the gym today (I haven't gone in 2 weeks), so I begrudgingly packed my gym clothes & said I'm going after work. He says I'm paying for it but not using it, so he thinks I'm wasting money -- I agree with this, but I just battle myself with not wanting to go. I've got to find a way to make this something I want to do -- gonna think about this. Any suggestions are welcome!

Have leftover "bubble up enchilada casserole" for lunch (WW recipe). It's so yummy & was super easy to make. Have a great day, y'all.
Im very excited its a month away though so i just have to be patient!

the hardest part is going back the first time if you've taken even a small break. i had to literally force myself to go yesterday! but i was so glad that i did and it helped me get rid of my bloat. you already have your clothes so just go! I looked down at my belly fat yesterday and that really helped motivate me lol
Old 11-21-2013, 05:16 AM   #1615
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Im very excited its a month away though so i just have to be patient!

the hardest part is going back the first time if you've taken even a small break. i had to literally force myself to go yesterday! but i was so glad that i did and it helped me get rid of my bloat. you already have your clothes so just go! I looked down at my belly fat yesterday and that really helped motivate me lol
Yea, it's hard just to force myself to get to the gym after I've been slacking -- I didn't make it last night after all b/c the kids both got honor roll & perfect attendance awards, so bf took us out to Red Robin for dinner. I looked at the menu ahead of time though, so I got a grilled chicken breast & salad & "skinny" alcoholic drink.

Went to the gym this morning & burned 250 calories on the ARC trainer. I can always feel it in my legs when I use this machine, so it's my new favorite, even though it hurts. LOL.

219.6 this morning -- YAY! Back to my low last week. Now, onward & DOWNward! I'm setting my next mini-goal of 213 by year's end, which is totally achievable. Just keeping my eyes on the prize!

Last edited by Jayce; 11-21-2013 at 05:17 AM..
Old 11-21-2013, 06:52 AM   #1616
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yea, it's hard just to force myself to get to the gym after I've been slacking -- I didn't make it last night after all b/c the kids both got honor roll & perfect attendance awards, so bf took us out to Red Robin for dinner. I looked at the menu ahead of time though, so I got a grilled chicken breast & salad & "skinny" alcoholic drink.

Went to the gym this morning & burned 250 calories on the ARC trainer. I can always feel it in my legs when I use this machine, so it's my new favorite, even though it hurts. LOL.

219.6 this morning -- YAY! Back to my low last week. Now, onward & DOWNward! I'm setting my next mini-goal of 213 by year's end, which is totally achievable. Just keeping my eyes on the prize!
mmm love red robin! good for you for going this morning! and congrats to the kiddos!!

yay for being back down to your lowest from last week! i think 213 is definitely achievable. its actually a good challenge because so many people struggle with even just maintaining over the holidays. i'm shooting for 190 by the new year.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:22 AM   #1617
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh man, I love RR french fries... Dangerous territories for me!
You did great for dinner, and hooray for good kiddo stuff!!

I'm so proud of you, to the gym already and down on the scale. Who could ask for more!? Your end of year goal is totally doable--eye on the prize, girlfriend!
Old 11-21-2013, 03:42 PM   #1618
Tyl
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww for all the mushy goodness in here. I want to surprise the hubby with a getaway too (sometime early next yr).

as for red robin and those dangerously good steak fries... i love em. they introduced some new dips....i had the bacon dip at my last trip and every part of my inner fat girl was smiling! mmm mmm good!
Tyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 05:21 PM   #1619
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyl View Post
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww for all the mushy goodness in here. I want to surprise the hubby with a getaway too (sometime early next yr).

as for red robin and those dangerously good steak fries... i love em. they introduced some new dips....i had the bacon dip at my last trip and every part of my inner fat girl was smiling! mmm mmm good!
YES! This!^^^^^^ That's it exactly! Love that.
Will have to try those dips sometime...sounds
Old 11-22-2013, 04:53 AM   #1620
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/???/160-mini goal
WOE: Low carb
Aww, he's a keeper but you already know that! Your gift exchanges are so nice and well thought out. I'd like to revisit Luray again...I went in middle school so I remember pieces of it, but I was more excited to not be in school and socialize all day with my friends LOL, so I didn't really appreciate the beauty as I would now. Hope you have a wonderful Friday and weekend!
shari is offline   Reply With Quote